Reviews of Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla 4 stars

La Rambla, 128, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

#326 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The breakfast food was good.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We have just discovered that the tourist tax charged on departure was deducted from our credit card even though we had paid it in cash!

The breakfast food was good.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very convenient and an excellent location, but the rooms need a bit of care and attention.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Having asked for a room with a balcony overlooking the Ramblas, we knew that it would not be very quiet. But there was no double glazing to keep out the noise and no chairs to sit on, on the balcony.

Good sized room and good bathroom. Excellent breakfast

Though we were very close to the busy areas, our room was...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Rambla View

During the thunder storm ( rainfall) our toilet heaved up all night onto the floor. Would have gone to the front desk but was too exhausted. I suspect the plumbing is connected to the storm water drains.

Though we were very close to the busy areas, our room was quiet and the staff was courteous- always a bonus.

Barcelona hotel in great position
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was clean and spacious, but I personally didn’t like the decor. The reception staff could have been warmer and friendlier.

This hotel is in an excellent position close to Catalunya Place where the airport bus leaves there is a metro station and tourist information centre.

If you want a great location, this hotel works. Otherwise not that great.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed was uncomfortable, the sheets were scratchy. The rooms were not well sound proofed, and our bathroom towels had blood stains on them (not from us) after they cleaned our bathroom.

The location was great, right in Las Ramblas. Very easy to walk everywhere from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A good place to stay in Barcelona. Terrific location. But avoid stating in weekends.
    • Comfort Double Room with Extra Bed

The steep hike in room tariffs for the weekends is a major negative.

The location of the hotel is a major plus to enjoy Barcelona. The staff is co-operative.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The roof top bar that looked right on to the las ramblas was...
    • Small Double Room

The lift was very small and only fit at most 4 people in, which meant that sometimes you had to wait a while for a lift and we were on the 6th floor (there's only 7 floors in the hotel) so that was a lot of stairs to walk!

The roof top bar that looked right on to the las ramblas was amazing! Especially at night as you could see the sun set. The bar also had happy hour meaning that we got lots of drinks for our money and the bar staff went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed. The wifi was excellent even in the rooms.

I think that the powerpoint in this hotel is the location and the moderate price, otherwise nothing!
    • Comfort Double Room with Extra Bed

The word (clean) has no place in my comment. Wherever we stepped it was not clean at all, we could not walk without shoes in the room. There was stool on toillet chair! I asked to clean it properly, the staff was very friendly and apologized for that, but stool on the toillet chair in a 4 stars hotel is not acceptable I think! The bathroom was incredibly outdated, I don't know how the hotel was given a 4-stars evaluation with such bathroom. The rooms and the corridors were very dark, as if you are in a cave.

Well to be fair, the location is absolutely superb, can't be better! the staff was friendly, the breakfast was wonderful and diverse.

The location is perfect and also there are lot of...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The location is perfect and also there are lot of restaurants around. Hard rock cafe is walk able distance. There is Carrefour right across the street. The rooms are spacious and also the little amenities within the room is well thought of.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

the location, the cleanness, still i would choose this hotel...
    • Small Double Room

the room sizes, the misinformation about the room facing inside of the hotel. the air condition, did not have a thermometer, hence it was either too hot or too very much cold (smallness of the room helped it)

the location, the cleanness, still i would choose this hotel next time, just make sure about the room you choose. unless o find a better priced hotel, it was not worth the money,

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

• Suite with Rambla View

Some staff not very helpful especially when checking in Cleanliness of room was poor including bathroom Air conditioning smelt very bad when using very mouldy smell in room whenever you walked into the room it smelt terrible Sun blockout shades not operational considering sun beats in room all day Poor lighting in bathroom and not very clean Had to ask reception if they could make sure to clean floor next day as floor seemed dirty and gritty under foot Not the best hotel I have stayed in since travelling

Smelly stay
    • Suite with Rambla View

We booked most expensive suite with spa and balcony, but when entering the suite it smelled like dead rat or sewer. We complained to reception, but the smelled stayed for all 3 nights. We were offered no compensation or discount, what should have been a romantic stay ended up being a flight from our expensive suite. Otherwise hotel and staff were great, but huge disappointment.

Situated amazingly on Rambla, good comfort

Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla was a great hotel - the staff were absolutely amazing!
    • Small Double Room

We actually stayed in two different rooms - 1st - for a day before our cruise, and one for a week after our cruise. The first room had some floor damage in the bathroom by the shower threshold, and the second bathroom had a glass partition door for the bathtub that did not really hold the water in so every time we showered we soaked the entire bathroom floor. Neither item was a huge concern, but both were minor detractors to the bathrooms. Elevator waits when we were on the 7th floor were sometimes long. Otherwise, the hotel overall was amazing.

The staff was amazing. All of the front desk team spoke English which made the interaction easy because my Spanish is so-so. The bell hop team was always attentive, ready to grab you a cab, help you with your luggage, and give you tips on where to go. The breakfast at the restaurant was always a great start to the day and the staff were attentive. And my room was always spotless when I returned from a day of adventuring. We also checked out the roof top bar one evening and the view was amazing. If I am ever in Barcelona again, I have no doubt we will stay at this amazing hotel.

Visiting Barcelona is always interesting
    • Small Double Room

The price although it is competitive with similar hotels

This hotel is right on the Ramblas modern and clean and stuff are quite helpfu l we will be happy to stay there again all the hotels on the Ramblas or a little expensive Bon voyage J&J

This was our second time staying here.
    • Small Double Room

This was our second time staying here. We love the location, cleanliness, staff, very comfortable last night in Spain. Would recommend it to all our travelling friends?

Overall great location, good hotel staff and overall was happy with my comfortable stay.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I had messed up on my dates of travel and on top booked different type of hotel room, but they accommodated me with no extra charges and fixed the reservation so I could keep my nice room for my entire stay. The hotel attendants were very nice and helpful as well. So overall great stay. My location was wonderful for me as well.

Great hotel in a fabulous location central to anything you will want to visit!
    • Small Double Room

The room we were in was a little tired and we had a view of some scaffolding, but it didn't bother us as we were only there one night.

The location is perfectly placed in Las Ramblas and hotel is comfortable and great for a short break. I should mention that I left a necklace in the room at the hotel that had great sentimental value to me and the staff involved, particularly the very honest maid and the man on reception David Martin Borras gave nothing short of excellent 5 star customer service. I rang him and he dealt with my request to try and locate it very sensitively and sent me a photo from his own phone to put my mind at rest. He went way above and beyond and I am very grateful and this certainly restores my faith in human kindness - people like this don't get enough praise especially in such a transient environment. Thank you!

All in all very good hotel and friendly and helpful staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We didn't eat in the restaurant as didn't think much of the ambience about and menu was average. A lot of police presence around the hotel area because of the high amount of pick pocketing. A lot of noise from nearby building site.

WE only really used the room at the hotel and the roof top bar. The rooftop bar was lovely early evening with great views. The Hotel is situated right in the midst of all the restaurants and shops on Las Ramblas, but late night walking not recommended.

it was fantastic
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

nothing .. will definitely stay there again

It was our Honeymoon and the Stuff was so kind to surprise us with an upgraded room. The room was amazing, looking at Las Ramblas and super comfortable.

Hotel rivoli
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My room smelt like sewer, woke up to men drilling and working right outside my window. Could not open it due to the dust that would fly in .

It was central to everything, staff great. Would try your hotel again only if I can get a better room.

IT was very nice in total

!!!!

The location of the hostel occupies the first place of my admiration .. The hotel itself is reasonable and like any other four-star hotels .. Reception services was excellent , all assistance I asked for were welcomed. I cannot judge the hotel restaurant as I used the outdoor restaurants

Excellent location! In the middle of everything!
    • Small Double Room

This is a very dated and a little run down hotel. The rooms have a musty odor. We ended up upgrading to get a bit more space so we could put our luggage up and we weren’t on top of each other. Definitely worth the upgrade for that reason only! Beds are extremely hard as were the pillows!

Doesn't worth the price per night. Expensive.

Location only.

Location only make me book this Hotel, No coffee in the room, tea bags only,very disappointed. Noise from next rooms, thought our shower on when next room guest having a shower. Paper thin walls.!

Great location and very good staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no iron in the room and the hairdryer was a large appliance attached to the wall with no attachments, difficult to use.

The balcony was very narrow with no place to sit.

Location, safety, services, breakfast and cleaning
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Rambla View

The checkout very early 11:00 when i ask for extending they told me its chargeable And charge is expensive little bit

Location, safety, services, breakfast and cleaning

The location and staff outweighed the negatives.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We have never stayed in a four star hotel that did not provide coffee or milk, and they did not like you using the fridge for your own things. Only two plain teabags a day were provide. There was no conditioner in the bathroom . Most of the time we could not get WiFi, reception only managed to get it once for us. There is also no dressing table mirror which made life difficult as the nearest plug socket was too far away for a lead to stretch to use the full length mirror.

The location could not have been better. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The cleanliness was good

Good location, but Overpriced, and poor staff service. Dated building.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Rambla View

The hotel advertises misleadingly the “ Rambla View rooms” for a much higher rate, where as it is NOT A TRUE RAMBLA VIEW because you can’t see much of the Rambla if you’re sitting on a chair. I enclosed a photo to explain. There is a thick concrete railing which pretty much blocks the window. So very minimal view! Only standing by the window gives the view. Next door hotel Citadines gives a real Rambla view through a floor to ceiling window, with no barriers. Staff service is very poor quality. Men staff at the reception were nice. However, there is a tall lady with glasses, whose attitude is even taller! She just makes you feel that she’s too busy to talk to you! First she gave me a twin bedded room. When I showed her my request for a double bedded room, she came up with an excuse that the double bedded room was not ready, and wouldn’t be until 3:30 PM. It was 2 PM. I told her that I should get the double bedded room after I get back from my tour. Otherwise, I would give a bad review on Booking.com. Miraculously a double bedded room was offered in ten minutes! Overall, I would not stay here again, as there are tons of very nice hotels on the Rambla and Placa De Catalunya Center.

On,y the location is good ....however there are tons of hotels in the same location, two of which I stayed in too! Citadines is a FAR BETTER HOTEL for the same price, and comes with a Studio with fully equipped kitchen, bigger size room and. REAL RAMBLA VIEW.

Expensive hotel in a perfect location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very noisy place 24 hours. Good for party and activities. Not a good location to have rest at night. Very bad smell from the pipes inside the washroom!!

I liked the location but hated the room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

unfortunately the room that we were staying (326) was located next to a construction building, it was very noisy and disturbing during the whole of our stay, also the air conditionare wasn't working proparly and it was impossible to sleep during the night. the staff were OK, some of them were friendly and helpful some of them not so much.

the location of the hotel is amazing its located directly on La Rambla street.

The location was more than perfect at the Rambla street the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

One of the stuff at the reception wasn’t helpful at all

The location was more than perfect at the Rambla street the interior of the hotel and the space of the room was great

Everything!
    • Small Double Room

Everything!! Best location, kind and helpful staf ,very good breakfast, very comfortable bed and pillows and clean, the room had all the facility we needed. Definitely will return...

unbearanly noisy street side room and last minutes booking.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Rambla View

1. Street side room charges more than inside room, however, the noise from the street is terrible, it was like sleeping in the street because the window did not properly block the noise from the outside street. I had to ask to change a room which was located inside and quiet. Never ever, book streetside room. I could not understand why a country with Gaudi, does not have the technolgy that even a car in the street applies to its window, or more likely the will to seal off the noise. Other than this, room/beds/bathroom of this hotel are impeccable, with recommendable quality. 2. And I would recommend last minute booking, maybe after your arrival in the Spain cities. There were plenty of hotel/ rooms avaliable, and it may cost much less than 2 or 3 months advance booking, due to the last minutes sales promotion. This may apply to all hotel booking~~. Let's not get deceived of the sales pitch that says only 1~2 rooms avalibale.

This hotel is located very near to cathdral, beach, traditional market and above all there is a supermaket just in front of the hotel door, which is amazing, and within walking distance to the airport bus!

Overall I was happy with my stay and would stay again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Limited to 2 English speaking channels, view from window. Noise from construction work that is currently under way, however I must add that work did start after 8am.

Friendly staff, electric blackout blinds and hot shower that did not leak over the bathroom floor.

Pleasent
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Funny smell coming from the toilet

Had to book as flight was cancelled and the hotel we was staying at didn't have a room so booked here for 1 night . It is Right in la ramblas , room was very large

Excellent hotel, good value for money and superb location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Some building work outside not connected to the hotel which woke us at 7am every morning but this is outside of the hotel's control.

Excellent location. Superb hotel. Stayed many times and each time very enjoyable stay.

Good location but I dont think I would visit the hotel again.
    • Small Double Room

The bed was very hard and not comfortable at all. We were provided with one very small pillow that was not enough. We were awaken every morning at 6:30-7:00am by the building site right outside our room! The noise levels were horrendous. In general neither myself or my partner got much rest during the entire trip.

The hotel was in a great location and was very clean.

We loved it. The front desk staff was sooo patient and helpful with booking reservations and tours.
    • Small Double Room

The safe in the room didn’t really work but I can’t blame the staff because I didn’t feel obligated to call down. The walls are very thin and you could hear people walking in and out to the point where you thought they were entering your room.

The location is amazing!

The location is excellent.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Rambla View

I wouldn't recommend future customers paid extra for a view of La ramblas because the rooms were very very noisy. Particularly at night.

The location is excellent. Rooms are as described.

I give it 10/10 .
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Perfect ever hotel . You cannot expect better specially us location and price . No need for me to try any other hotel next time . I'll book there , whatever will be the price.

I give it 10/10 .Sorry I cant give you 11 or 20

A great choice hotel in Barack
    • Small Double Room

I stayed twice in Rivoli hotel.I like the people working there. Very friendly and helpful.The location is wonderful if you would like to stay in the heart of Barcelona.

The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful

Excellent and I hereby recommend this Hotel
    • Comfort Double Room with Extra Bed

The Noise from nearby Rooms . No good Isolation for the sound between rooms .

Location was Perfect - staff in the reception was very Nice and friendly .

Excellent hotel in an excellent location in la ramblla
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Elevators are small for a big family but it's not a big issue

I liked every thing specially Location , room size & furniture , staff specially Mr. David who was totally supportive and showed extreme level of professionality and the great value for money

Barcelona is an interesting and exciting city, well worth a visit.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was very noisy from 7 in the mornings when renovation work was starting at the building next door. The bathroom drains were smelly.

Hotel location is excellent, within walking distance of many points of interest and transport links.

Outstanding, will stay again!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Noise from the building refurb 2 doors down (though that's outside of the hotel's control!)

It couldn't have been in a better location to explore Barcelona; restaurants, shops and stalls right outside the door and the metro was a 2-3 minute walk. There's even a supermarket across the road for supplies. Room was clean and comfortable (and had a terrace) and the staff very helpful.

The hotel staff was helpful for making reservations at...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They dint give hotel slippers, Room phone to call operator not working, construction noise behind hotel could hear in few rooms. Weighing scale at luggage room next to reception was charging 1 euro for weighing each bag.

The hotel staff was helpful for making reservations at restraunts or calling an Airport taxi. The room was cleaned and organized every day.

Fantastic hotel great location & nice and comfortable for relaxing after long days exploring
    • Suite with Rambla View

One thing the hotel staff didn’t warn us about Three Kings Parade even though they knew we had late flight, we ended up running round crowded streets with our luggage trying to get a Taxi & almost missed our flight home!

Location & The huge terrace with views of las Rambla, & oh my god the bath-it was the biggest jacuzzi bath ever the water goes over your shoulders!

Really noisy in the morning when housekeeping started to do...
    • Small Double Room

Really noisy in the morning when housekeeping started to do their work at 8.30am. .no point putting the “do not disturb” sign as I could hear doors banging every minute and other stuff going on outside my room.

Stay here!!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent location in the heart of Barcelona. Staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful, special mention to David and Luis. Comfortable, bright and airy we will definitely be back soon. We had dinner one night and the food quality was first class.

Perfect Location, Staff Amazing, Hotel rooms perfect
    • Suite with Rambla View

There isn't a bad comment

The hotel was perfect location, the rooms was stunning with a balcony over the Las Ramblas. The staff couldn't so enough for you nothing was to much trouble.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bathroom had a bad smell coming out of it when it hasn’t been used for a while. My room was literally right next to a construction site in the day(debris falling on the balcony), and there was some sort of a pub terrace nearby at night so the whole stay was too noisy for me depriving me of much needed sleep.

not bad..but it could have been better
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

check the room first if everything i working well.. our room was not in fit to have guest..water spill from the sink and dirty toalets..

location is perfect

Great location!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Noise in the hallway during the night. You can hear the noise from the street very clearly during the night.

Room was great size. Great location. Friendly staff.

Apart from the problem with the lifts we had a wonderful stay. Would NOT recommend for the disabled.

Only 2 VERY small lifts (2 or 3 people) + VERY slow; struggled with the number of guests at hotel at any hour. Made my friend's stay difficult as he can't use stairs. Groups would have to use more than 1 lift + pets would find probably it hard to wait so long.

The very wide selection and freshness, and the coffee/cappucino was EXCELLENT!

Perfect location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I would never give 4 stars to this hotel. Furniture and equipment old, bathroom needs deep renovation, balcony nice but view for nothing interesting.

Perfect location

Regratable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The information on the site was not met in real life. The air conditioner wasn't working and we didn't get the beds we ordered. You don't get a good return for your money. Do not go here!!

The location was an easy jump off point for touring and...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The rooms facing the Rambla are super noisy. Had to move to the back of the hotel for sleep. Unfortunately that room with a nice balcony had smokers on either side. They were outside on their balconies smoking constantly and closing the doors was the only way to avoid the smell. But then the air conditioning wasn't effective in cooling and the room was too warm to sleep.

The location was an easy jump off point for touring and exploring. The hotel manager was fabulous! Helpful, courteous and great sense of humor.

-The location is awesome.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room with Rambla View

-Room is not considered as 4 stars hotel room. -The window is supposed to be double glazed to avoid annoying who are walking on le Rambla.

-The location is awesome. -wi-fi signal is great.

The location, of course, is perfect, and the front desk...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room needed work. The climate control put out only one temperature, no matter what the setting, and the privacy lock didn't work. That was embarrassing the next morning when the cleaning staff forgot to knock before entering.

The location, of course, is perfect, and the front desk staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly. Thumbs up for everyone at the desk!

Excellent location. Hotel adequate but some rooms in need of refurbishment
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Toilet did not flush adequately. Air conditioning was not working. Room looked tired and in need of some refurbishment.

Location excellent and staff friendly.

Would love to stay here again.. Location is PERFECT.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Maid service was sometimes after 1500-1600.. and, although very friendly and helpful, they don't seem to understand the need to knock prior to opening your room door. They burst in on me in my underwear twice.. 😎 Also.. If you're unwise enough to try to rent a car in Barcelona, be advised that the Hotel has no parking garage and daily parking rates are 30€ - 45€. Best to arrive from the airport via the Aerobus listed on the website (do NOT pay the exorbitant 80€ - 125€ for the hotel shuttle!). The Aerobus bus runs every 10 minutes until midnight, and is about 6€. It drops you off at Placa Catalun about a 10 minute walk, at most, from the Hotel. There is a metro option for the airport as well, but I'm not familiar with the cost. My daughter choose that route.. took her nearly 2hrs to get to the hotel. We arrived via train from Toulouse, France. Train station is much closer to town centre. Taxi to hotel from the train station was about 8€. Finally, in our experience, tipping here was kinda expected in the high volume tourist areas. However, is not as high as one might expect in the USA. A couple of Euro for a dinner seemed fine. I think that the locals understand that many European countries don't expect tips, and aren't offended if you don't tip. But, if they do a really good job, especially people like tour guides, I think a minimum 10% is appropriate.

Staff were EXCEPTIONALLY helpful & friendly. Hotel room service, bar & restaurant reasonably priced and of good quality. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey at 16€, but was excellent and exceedingly convenient as it was quick & delicious.. finding nearby restaurants that serve a REAL breakfast before 1100 is not impossible, but it can be difficult. We used the FEW but much cheaper local restaurant breakfasts that opened around 0800.. if we had time. But when going on a tour or otherwise pressed for time, the Hotel buffet breakfast is an excellent and convenient choice.

great location and good value for money
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the staff and front disk, cleanliness of the hotel facilities and the great location of the property in the heart of Barcelona overlooking the La Rambla with almost everything within walking distance from the hotel.

wish we could have stayed longer..
    • Comfort Double Room with Extra Bed

The tea/coffee facilities could be improved with a little more choice and milk. Otherwise we liked everything!

All the staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble. the food in the restaurant was very good so too the breakfast buffet. the beds were very comfortable, the room light and airy with plenty of room for the 3 of us, my son and grandson and myself. We would definitely recommend this hotel. good location in the heart of the city.

It was okay, the city is lovely only problem was the check in time and breakfast wasnt a 4* hotel
    • Small Double Room

You cannot check in until 3:30, so if you just arrived and very tired you have to keep wasting time while tired and being able to enjoy the city really while being tired. Breakfast okay not bad

Location was excellent

Hotel was in a fantastic location on La Rambla, loads of nearby restraints and bars.
    • Small Double Room

Bathroom had no extractor so got steamy. At times there was a strange smell in the bathroom, damp fusty smell.

Perfect location, helpful staff always on hand to advise.

The hotel is in a great location, close to the metro and bus...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel rooms were a little dated, we selected double beds on the sight but were give 2 single beds, when we called up we were told that it's not guaranteed.

The hotel is in a great location, close to the metro and bus stops, it is right on the main strip close to all shops and restaurants. Internet works great through the hotel.

I will never ever come back to this hotel again
    • Suite with Rambla View

Air conditioning is not working properly & we called maintenance so many times they’re saying its good but the room was so hot & there was a leaking from the AC to the floor no body fixed it they should have changed our room to another room in the same rate they tried to downgrade us to a regular room because we have complained about the AC

I did like the style for my suite & the location

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room comfortable but a bit shabby. Needed decorating and the bathroom needed updating. Quality of the room not what I was expecting for the price.

Lovely will come back
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My Sister had a noisy room below her (4am someone singing and shouting) but the night manager would not confront them - he offered to change their room but who wants to move rooms at 4 or 5am??

Beds were good Lots of hot water Rooms were clean My room was quiet

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1 iron for the whole hotel 1 barman who was also doing the room service so was awol 75% of the time. Fitness centre is tiny and no weights and 1 of the 3 machines wasn't working, jacuzzi was empty and sauna cold.

Bad experience I'll never recommend it to any body
    • Comfort Double Room with Extra Bed

Bad bad bad staff, unhelpful, one of the staff the oldest lady was really rude ,there was racial discrimination they treat us badly most probably cause we are muslims and from the Middle East , even when we ask about plug adapters she told us come down to take it when she saw our face she said you can buy it from any shop it's only 7 £ she was really rude , also the room they only arrange the beds they don't clean any thing else even the toilet

Location only

Most enjoyable in a very nice location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There were no facilities to make coffee when we arrived which is usual in most hotels we have visited.

The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very nice and ample choices. We found it difficult getting to our room with luggage, up and down steps. We loved the location and feel very sad at the tragic occurrence in La Rambla a few weeks ago.

Cleanliness and lack of services
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bathroom wasn't clean and obviously used by someone else before me, even when room service lady came to clean the room she did not clean my bathroom. Also I found a bug crawling on the ceiling over my bed, I had to wait for a moment until it fell down on bed to remove it. The service lady have entered my room without my permission once was for cleaning which was ok, the next time was to take the ironing machine and she does not have the right to enter whenever she wants not to mention that it wasn't during her working hours. No luggage carrier in the hotel. Walls are not soundproofed, every early morning I have to wake up to the loud sound of people talking, room services lady and doors been shut hardly. I didnt have the time to complain and discuss these problems I faced during my stay at your hotel, but I sincerely hope that you take my comment for a serious consideration. Because the location of the hotel is very good and staff (I met with one only) was nice. So, I hope you use my comments for better improvement in the future.

I wish the staff was more attentive, but the facilities and location are worth staying at this hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The elevator was small, and there were some stairs to get to our room. The man who checked us in took a really long time. Even after he had our room key in hand, he continued to have a conversation with the people who interrupted our check-in. I stood there for a few minutes before waiting for him to finish his conversation or remember he had to give me my room key.

The location was excellent. The room was clean and updated, and the bed was very comfortable.

Not worth the money.

Bar service at restaurant very slow. Hairdryer in bathroom was totally useless. Basically a plastic pipe with very little hot air flowing out of it. Toilet did not flush properly and did not seem to have any water pressure. Could have been cleaner too. Elevators were useless. very small and would not even take 4 average passengers. Bed hard and uncomfortable. No blankets, outdated linen.

Location was great and the room was large. pillows were good.

The rooms are extremely generous in size , super clean and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Maybe lifts a little on the smaller side but given the historical significance of the buildings a very small price to pay.

The rooms are extremely generous in size , super clean and location cannot be beaten. Air conditioning struggled but that may also be due to the unexpected heatwave. Staff were all very courteous and special mention to Javi. Central to all in Barcelona. Super special stay.

Browse Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla traveller photo gallery