Reviews of Hotel Roger de Llúria 4 stars

Roger de Lluria, 28, Eixample, 08010 Barcelona, Spain

#210 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Very nice hotel in a central location for Barcelona.
    • Basic Single Room

Very nice hotel in a central location for Barcelona. Easy to reach using public transportation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

Wonderful
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I would have liked access to the terrace as it was closed during our stay but I understand maitainance must take place at some point.

Bed was very comfortable. In particular i liked the way the house keepers were very unobtrusive and seemed to know our schedual straight away and the room was slways clean upon our return. The staff at the front desk were also incredibly friendly and quite accomodating

Staffs are really attentive and friendly.
    • Classic Triple Room

Staffs are really attentive and friendly. The room is big and clean. Hotel locates at a quiet street but enjoys a great location to explore the city.

a city break to barcelona was well over due
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

always its down to the prices you pay when abroad for sightseeing venues and I am sure other travellers would agree

breakfast excellent although you had to pay extra for it. the vicinity we were in was excellent for walking and getting around. Barcelona city is a must see. staff at hotel vey helpful and always smiling .room facilities were very good typical Catalonian deco which we love.

I like the location,location,location.
    • Basic Single Room

The breakfast could be improved.

I like the location,location,location..!! It is around 7 min walk to the centre. The stuff were very kindly and helpfully. The room was good.

Good hotel at great location

The room was pretty old and not maintained well & the hotel is very expensive

Great service and very good location Two metro station close to the hotel and many buses including the Aerobus

It was awesome.

We like everything.

The services was wonderful, they helped us with everything, even with the change we had to make with the reservation, they was very generous in giving the credit back to us. Very clean and nice to stay, the breakfast was excellent.

Excellent location to explore central part of Barcelona.
    • Family Room

Room interior classic, but a bit worn out. No parking possibilities (except of very expensive public parking places nearby).

Excellent location to explore central part of Barcelona. Friendly and helpful staff.

Even a bit better than 4 stars.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Even a bit better than 4 stars. Location - never better. Nice balcony with a lovely view to the quiet yard/patio. Very comfortable room, attentive stuff, good breakfast.

Comfortable, centrally-located hotel with excellent service, close to restaurants, shops,etc
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The cost of breakfast was not included in our room rate as it had been--if we remember correctly--on a previous visit. We shall return to Hotel Roger de Lluria, however, because of its excellent location.

We were upgraded because our stay was a for a full week. So, too, were our son and daughter-in-law. Both rooms were conveniently collocated. The receptionists, Joachin and Maximo, were especially helpful,.

I would highly recommend this hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were very helpful and sweet. Very convenient location you could walk almost everywhere and very close to metro and meeting place for most tours.

Good hotel and friendly staff except for one Argentinian receptionist that ruined my last morning
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Well unfortunately in the last day I got one Argentinian receptionist for the checkout that was very rude. This is the type of staff that can really ruin your whole service experience. I came with my family for my graduation ceremony those 2 days and in the last night came very late from the ceremony. The staff during the night (almost morning) was very kind and made me another key since I had left mine by accident at a friends' house. They also gave me the possibility to check out a little bit later, at 2. However in the next morning the receptionist was a different person and this one very rude and not helpful at all. I had one friend to bring me my original key to the hotel and I called to the reception saying that I would wait for the person a little more in the room instead of downstairs. They said OK no problem. Once I got down to check out and deliver the keys my friend immediately told me that the receptionist was strangely rude to her. Moreover, the night before my parents payed upfront and asked for an invoice in their name since they were leaving before. Well I was presented with an invoice with my name and when I asked to modify he said it was not possible. I insisted and he started laughing in our face and complaining to himself multiple times. This was when I honestly didnt know if this person was crazy or simply being rude. Later that day I came for my bags and he was a little bit nicer. Nevertheless, I definitely felt uncomfortable, specially in a very special day for me in Barcelona and paying 360 Eur for 2 nights there

The facilities were good, location perfect and very good cleanliness. 5 min away from plaza catalunya and 1 or 2 min from plaza urquinaona. Staff was kind and very available (almost always). I didn't have breakfast in the hotel but there were very good caffe places right in front on the other side of the street

Extremely enjoyable except for the penalty of parking cost.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Access to and price of public parking significantly reduced attractiveness, and should have been described in the website, which just stated "parking available"

Location, comfort and attention of staff.

Great hotel at a great location.
    • Basic Single Room

My reservation didn't include breakfast.

Very clean rooms and spacious in European standard and excellent house keeping and very frendky reception staff in greeting you and the doorman.

We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed it very much, special thank you Messimo at R de L
    • Classic Double Room with Private Terrace

Hotel is a little tired in places. We could have done with a mat in the bath to stop us slipping as we are elderly and it was very shiny and slippery, however we didn't ask, maybe they could have provided if we had.

The staff were very friendly, informative and couldn't do more. They were absolutely wonderful on my 70th birthday, providing complimentary Cava and cheeses for brekky.

a perfect place in barcelona
    • Basic Single Room

the accommodations were excellent as was the locale. staff was friendly and most helpful. just a few blocks away from the "block of discord" and the passeig de gracia. i walked from the hotel to the bottom of the ramblas with no problem. if you prefer the metro, it's quite near also.

Fab hotel.
    • Classic Triple Room

Nothing. Everything was spot on.

The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. The location was very central. Lovely, spacious room. We were delighted with our choice.

The location is good.
    • Family Room

The location is good. The hotel was clean but the beds were uncomfortable. The hotel was ok but not worth the money. I would rate this hotel a 3 star and no more.

I look forward to staying here again!
    • Family Room

The adaptor sockets were positioned at a very inconvenient place in the room, otherwise all other facilities were excellent

Good value for money and an excellent location. Two major metros nearby @ waking distance. Rooms are all very tidy. Reception staff were exceptionally good and knowledgeable and tour bookings can be done @ reception counter.

We were greeted with lovely staff at check-in.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We were greeted with lovely staff at check-in. The location is a comfortable walking distance to shops, restaurants, and sight-seeing areas, yet far enough from the crowds of tourists. Public transport is easily accessible. We had an awesome stay.

Very friendly staff, really appreciate all attention we have...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The noise level in the room is kinda annoying 😕 this is quite busy street so noise might be a disturbance at night. Hotel management really needs to invest into soundproofing for those rooms facing towards the street.

Very friendly staff, really appreciate all attention we have received. Large room with (virtual) balcony facing the main street. Huge king size bed with proper mattress is a plus, proximity to city center, many cafes and restaurants around offer a fellow traveler good choice of dining options. Small supermarket next door is handy too.

Elegant but homey at the same time.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Wish the buffet breakfast had been included in our hotel price. We misunderstood - and the buffet was pretty expensive.

Elegant but homey at the same time. We LOVED it.

service, clean room , location
    • Basic Single Room

room was tiny, dark and noisy... close to the elevator so I could hear the elevators up and down.I ask for a room change but they did not have nor they follow up if one became available.

service, clean room , location

Really Lovely Hotel
    • Basic Single Room

Wonderful location, walking distance to most central locations, and beach, everything reachable within 20-25 mins walk. Beautiful rooms fully air conditioned, comfortable furnishings, fantastic Bed, and a beautiful bathroom with an extensive range of high quality toiletries. Staff at the property are incredibly helpful and exceptionally friendly. This is a really lovely Hotel

Overpriced breakfast.
    • Classic Double Room with Private Terrace

Breakfast was vastly overpriced. There are plenty of cafes and bars nearby where a good continental breakfast can be had for about€4. The hot breakfast in the hotel was cold and therefore rather unpleasant. The bed in our room was very hard. The receptionist decided he would lecture us on our inability to speak fluent Spanish!

Very satisfied.
    • Basic Single Room

Breakfast was expensive (but I think this is common to Barcelona hotels), but there are plenty of good cafes very nearby.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was quiet and cool. Location good for metro.

hotel toilets left un clean see photo
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

fridge or mini bar not working(reported many times) kettle not working very expensive priced breakfast,can get across the road for half the price poor room service very expensive room rate for this room we could have stayed in a better place at cheaper price the downstairs lobby toilet was filthy, with toilet paper all over the floor(as per photos)

THE BED WAS OK

Very friendly reception staff.
    • Basic Single Room

Very friendly reception staff. I was offered a room upgrade at no extra cost when I returned. They offered me an umbrella to take when I checked out on a day it was raining. Returned it 3 weeks later.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Location, staff
    • Family Room

Problem #1: Almost no WiFi bandwidth. When asking to have WiFi fixed, I was told that my computer needed update, while 1) it was up-to-date and 2) I commute every week to other hotels where I have no issue with WiFi - so their WiFi network is poor and needs fixing - sorry. Problem #2: the noise made by the elevator. I booked a soundproofed room. It was soundproofed from other residents from the same floor (not from the ceiling though - could hear people walking) but certainly not soundproofed from the elevator which makes a loud noise each time it is in use.

Location, staff

Pleasant stay, Great staff, Room for improvement.
    • Basic Single Room

The room was too noisy. Unfortunately, there was a Service Room attached to my room and there was banging noise all the time, 24/7 and it made sleeping almost impossible. Breakfast not being included is a negative point and it is very expensive to have it at the property (€22 per day)

The location is great and if you like walking, you'll get to many places by foot. Public transportation and taxi is also available easily. Staff at front desk were friendly and supportive and even supported me when I had issues with my Credit Card for booking the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Friendly, helpful and convenient
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The carpet in the room felt very thin and old. The black out curtain was hanging off the railing and was not noticed by cleaning staff

Staff were very friendly, helpful, efficient. Good that we could leave our luggage securely post check out till we went to airport. Quiet, yet in Eixample.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Basic Single Room

The room was *not* sound proof at all!!! Couldn't sleep - it's like you are in the middle of public showers, you hear every tap opening, every toilet wash... Mini-bar was replaced because it didn't work and grew a lot of mold inside.

Location Staff Umbrella :) Clean

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The location was excellent.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No mirror in the room apart from bathroom.

The location was excellent. Lots of good restuarants nearby. We had our room upgraded which was a wonderful surprise.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great Location - does not live up to the exterior!
    • Family Room

The family room was not laid out particularly well, for instance all four of us slept in the same room, but there were two very hard double beds, We have one boy and girl who had to share a bed (not very young children so this was an issue). When asked at the reception if they has any mattress toppers or way of making the beds more comfortable we were told no. They could not help or offer any assistance. An expensive room for the comfort level provided. Breakfast was also very expensive at 19 euros pppn. 76 euros for breakfast!! I think not. So we ate breakfast at one of the many local places for approx. 24 euros for all four of us. No onsite restaurant for an evening meal if we did not want to venture out.

The Location was good, the maids kept the room clean.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

We would certainly book this hotel again

We have no complaints!

Room had all facilities we required plus a terrace (we were upgraded). Staff exceptionally courteous and helpful. Lots of choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Good Location but not good facilities
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

i spent one night with out air conditioner and i opened the window all mosquitos in street visits me 😢 my room was next to elevator was so noisy day and night

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Lovely hotel, great location very friendly and helpful staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Although we never had breakfast at the hotel we found it a little bit expensive

The location was excellent easy to find and central, the staff were very friendly helpful and welcoming,

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The staff were helpful, courteous and professional.
    • Basic Single Room

The elevator makes a loud sound, my single room was opposite the elevator. I didn't like the single room, claustrophobic, and the elevator sound kept me awake.

The staff were helpful, courteous and professional. 10 out of 10 Loved the bathrooms too!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Nice spread of items on the uffet breakfast.
    • Basic Single Room

Sound proof can be improve thou. I can hear people talking outside my room

Nice spread of items on the uffet breakfast. A short walk away to the centre of the city

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Quiet nights in bustling Barcelona
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Shower was in the bath and the side too high to use for an older person.

Close to good local restaurants, sights, airport bus stop and other bus routes. Good quiet room despite even though the street is busy. Efficient aircon.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Good hotel in excellent location but best to eat out.
    • Basic Single Room

Breakfast was expensive (€20) and, considering the price, the food was not great. My colleagues and I resorted to eating in a nearby café.

Hotel in excellent location within city centre. Good room. Lifts/elevators fast. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Nice terrace and all of the necessary amenities!

Nada.

Nice terrace and all of the necessary amenities! Friendly and helpful staff, great location close to a number of metro stations and points of interest.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Uncomfortable bed, tiny room.
    • Basic Single Room

Room was very small. The bed was horrible. The interior decorating in the room was gaudy and depressing; the walls had scratches and nicks. The shower was hard to control.

Location was good. Nice toiletries kit.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great staff, clean hotel and prima location :)
    • Classic Double Room with Private Terrace

Breakfast was good but the bacon and scrambled eggs were not warm enough. The coffee was not strong enough for our taste and warm instead of hot :(

Very attentive and helpful staff; f.ex. booking tickets and giving directions. Good choices offered at breakfast, very efficient toaster! Hotel clean in every corner we looked. Very nice selection of bathroom amenities. Respectful of the "do not disturb" sign. Would consider staying there again. Also recommend the location for the biggest traditional touristic attraction sites.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Good location but a bit too expensive for what you get
    • Classic Triple Room

The design & fixtures were dated, bathroom fixtures were chipped. The room and bathroom could be cleaner.

The hotel is located very close to the center. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The room was large with good a/c.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Good value for money and very central
    • Basic Single Room

The bathroom needs more maintenance, everything was working though.

The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and accomodating. The location is very central, totally made my stay less stressful

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Excellent customer service and location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Furnishings could be updated but were fine for us.

The location is excellent and the customer service even better. There are several larger and more modern hotels close by but this one made you feel like you were at home. Small and personal. One front desk attendant even made me a complimentary bag lunch. Complimentary use of computer and printer in lobby appreciated. Balcony (altho not much of a view) was also very nice to have.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Comfortable, excellent hotel but look out for thieves in city
    • Classic Triple Room

Walls are a bit thin. Next door room occupants were very noisy. I got mugged at Sahara Familia and lost all my credit cards and cash. The hotel staff were however very understanding.

Very comfortable stay. Central but quite neighbourhood. Supermarket, metro and bus stops near by. Staff were very helpful with all information.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Location is very central.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is very central. The hotel itself is a bit old, but well maintained. I didn't take the breakfast option, because I thought it was overpriced. There are a couple of nice cafes just outside the hotel if you want to go out the hotel. Staff is friendly. Clean rooms, good bathroom

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Not revco
    • Family Room

Bedding Very small and hard pillows Dirty Not blankets available Safe box work hardly We asked for a family room but they gave us just to attached queen size mattress Mattress was sounding It wasn't like 4 star hotel at all

Just location

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great Central location close to main attractions.
    • Basic Single Room

Single room was rather small and slightly dated in decor but was a great location.

Great location near placa de catalyna where airport transfer bus drops off and picks up. All main districts and attractions are a pleasant walk away.

Noisy hotel, insensitive staff, A/C doesn’t work...
    • Family Room

Noisy hotel, insensitive staff, A/C doesn’t work properly...

Good stay. Good location

Carpets were dusty

Friendly staff apart from a porter who was a bit stand offish

Very good location (close to metro station and walking...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very good location (close to metro station and walking distance to Rambla). Extremely nice and helpful staff. Spacious room.

Very kind staff, great location, clean and comfy!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very kind staff, great location, clean and comfy!

Everythings0

La banera muy alta

Everythings0

Pathetic
    • Basic Single Room

Room space and value for money

The staff were great, especially Hakeem.

The staff were great, especially Hakeem. Extremely kind and helpful

We booked a double room but we got two twin beds that had...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We booked a double room but we got two twin beds that had been put together witch was not so nice for a couple.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Television in room didn't work

Great hotel/room in a super B location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Those separate beds on rolling legs are not the best option for couples.

Great hotel/room in a super B location.

very friendly staff.

nothing negative

very friendly staff. helpful as well.

Really friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner was very ineffective

Very nice staff, an excellent breakfast and perfect location.
    • Classic Triple Room

Very nice staff, an excellent breakfast and perfect location. The rooms are very large and nicely decorated in a classic spanish style.

• Basic Single Room

Beds are uncomfortable and the rooms a bit worn out and very very small. Not worth the price

Location. Staff are extremely helpful

Everything is great.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

3 minutes to Placa Catalunia,great cafe&tapas across the street.Very clean,nice and comfortable hotel.Recommend.

We enjoyed our stay. Staff were very cooperative.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Location and staff found very friendly

Excellent location and incredibly friendly and helpful staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Tv system in room wasn't great

Excellent location and incredibly friendly and helpful staff

Staff were great and the upgrade was fantastic 👍

Staff were great and the upgrade was fantastic 👍

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Amazing!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Attention to details, professionalism of the staff, perfect location, clean and safe!

Great place to stay ,everything u want in a hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great hotel friendly staff,great location have stay there before

Very comfortable bed.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A little over air conditioned in the foyer/bar. Doesn't tempt you to stay for a drink.

Very comfortable bed.

Very good, would book again

Staff were very friendly and helpful

The room is small

Stay is comfortable but In this price hotel have to give breakfast complementry
    • Basic Single Room

Breakfast not available with this room

Cleanness