Reviews of Hotel San Cayetano 2 stars

Sevilla, 16, 29400 Ronda, Spain

#24 of 55 hotels in Ronda

Great value in heart of Ronda

Room was quite small, however, fine for solo travelers.

Location is perfect, right in heart of Ronda. Staff were fantastic; helpful and thoughtful. €6 for breakfast good value: continental as well as bacon, egg and beans (large portion), fresh pastries and juices. Great juice bar next door also.

staff are absolutely lovely, you can tell it's a family...
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

the fact it had no A/C but we did know it didn't have it

staff are absolutely lovely, you can tell it's a family owned place which I personally like. Parking the car outside was super easy. Very clean room and nice bath tub

Really nice little hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Convenient location - close to a square with lots of restaurants and bars, a few minutes walk from a nice park with amazing viewpoints, about 10 minutes walk from the famous bridge, and 15 minutes walk from the train station. The room was spacious, clean and modern, and we have a couple of small balconies which were nice. The A/C was appreciated.

Perfect place, friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff, helping you in any matter with a smile. In the last day i had to wait for the bus and had an interesting conversation with the reception guy. I just enter the hotel they gave me the key, knowing who i'm which felt very personal. The breakfast is great, varied. I had my Soya milk :) A perfect place, close to anywhere and 5 minutes from the bus. Enjoyed every moment. Thanks Gracias

Great Friendly Small Hotel in Ronda
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly to deal with before I went to the hotel. Organising a cot for our daughter was no a problem. Great directions to help us locate the hotel and nearest car park when we arrived. And very good explanation and friendly welcome when we arrived and continued throughout our stay. Very central to everything you need to see in Ronda 5 minute walk to the New Bridge and Plaza Espana.

Great although a little basic.
    • Double or Twin Room

No hangers in the closet

Great although a little basic. Very conveniently located- 10 min walk to Puerto Nuevo, even if windows are facing the street, it isn't noisy. Bed and pillows were comfortable, and shower was good. I haven't had breakfast at the hotel but a cafe next door offers great bfast deals for €3 and they have gluten free breads and alternative milks for coffee.

Location n breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

No view from the room... I did request one but was stuck in a very dark back room. As I’m a solo traveller this is quite important as I’ve nobody to talk to, so it’s nice to look out.

Location n breakfast. Breakfast was excellent, I can’t say enough about it.

The staff was friendly, the location is good and the price...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very noisy, both internally and from the street. The room is quite old-fashioned.

The staff was friendly, the location is good and the price is good too.

Very good location but local parking was expensive.

Evan at reception seemed to have an negative attitude when I asked about getting new pillows.Standard single pillow not appropriate to 2 people.He did accommodate our request.

Room was good with a sitting area and small balcony over the street.

A good choice for a budget hotel.

Lack of any outlook from my room - perhaps the penalty for being a single traveller and requesting a quiet room.I could find only one power point in my room.

Very helpful staff, good breakfast. Very convenient location.

This is a great value and in a great location for exploring...

Everything was positive!

This is a great value and in a great location for exploring the heart of Ronda by foot! The breakfast is recommended as well. If you are driving, there's a nice little reserved spot where you can park for 15 minutes while checking in. It's on Calle Almendra right before the corner at Calle Sevilla.

• Double or Twin Room

There was no fridge in the room. The blankets didn't have bedding on them, they were on top of a single bedsheet, which I hate. The room was a little cramped, the hotel is dated but the location makes up for it, I guess.

The location was excellent - a few minutes walking from the main sights. The hotel was easy to find. Public underground garages a few hundred meters from the property (we didn't use them, we parked about 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel on a street).

Central located hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel entrance in located within a pedestrianised area and although there is a loading bay 50 metres away for sole use by hotel guests it was occupied by vehicles not connected with the hotel, therefore I couldn’t unload my luggage.

Great location, city centre, public parking a couple of hundred metres away.

Nice stay in Ronda
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing I miss was the hairdryer in the room.

Cute hotel in the center of the town. We parked our car near by in a free parking spot that we found. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quit. The stuff was very friendly (we arrived very late).

Excellent location, very kind staff, good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite noisy. Perfect wakening as the coffehouses start taking the tables to the street in the morning.

Excellent location, very kind staff, good breakfast

It was in the center of everything.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was in the center of everything. Very close to the historical side. Bus station and shopping area. The receptionist girl in the night shift was very friendly

A really nice hotel right in the centre of a beautiful city.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was cheap but a little average. The beds are a little firm. You cannot drive to the hotel to drop off your luggage.

Spacious room. 24 hour reception. The hotel is near the city centre and easy walk to all the main attractions of Ronda. For us it was close to a car park.

洗澡水很大很舒服,地点不错挺方便,门口就是主街了
    • Double or Twin Room

The lights in the room are very weak.The beds are also not satisfied,and it’s a little bit cold during the night.Thanks for the stuff ,they gave me one blanket. When I checked out ,the counter staff told me it’s her first day on the job because she seemed not very familiar with the process , as usual ,I gave her my credit card.After she using it.She didn’t remember to return the card to me,and I,also forgot that.It’s when I have arrived at Servilla in the same day that I finally realized it. But I still wonder why the counter staff didn’t contact me at all,she knew it! I called the hotel but she cannot send the card to me right now,so I have to canceled my credit card for the safety concerned.💔

洗澡水很大很舒服,地点不错挺方便,门口就是主街了

Great Food, Location, and Room!
    • Double or Twin Room

I can't really complain about anything. We were happy.

The breakfast was epic. They cater for some food allergies in a good way which was great for me with coeliac, just let them know or ask during or after booking. It was in a great location, with a very quick walk to anything from food to view points to local interesting sites like the bridge and the Bull Ring. Plus we found a park right out front of the hotel. But we got lucky as we got in late.

We requested a double bed and when we arrived, we were...
    • Double or Twin Room

We requested a double bed and when we arrived, we were assigned a room with two single beds. Our alternative was a snaller room with a double bed for the same price. We don’t understand why this wasn’t our first option or why we disn’t get a discount for the smaller room. The room smelled bad because of the drain, which came from the shower. So we had to close the bathroom door to not smell it all the time. The head board of the bed was disconnected/hanging loose so this made a lot of noise when we were in bed so we removed the headboard in order to be able to sleep. The staff was friendly and the location is great but we wouldn’t recommend it.

Best hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

When I go out, a staff want I keep my rooms key, sometimes.

Best hotel in my travel to Spain. Location is good. But terminal and Puente Nuevo are close. Brackfast is good, too. Room and private bathroom are good. And, clean. My room has a terrace.

The property was close to the Toros and the bridge.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room smells like somebody smoked inside before, even though we saw the no smoking sign. No Wi-fi after 12 am in the night, don't know why.

The property was close to the Toros and the bridge. Shower was great. Room was clean. 24 h reception.

Highly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel in superb location, within walking distance to all major attractions. Polite, efficient reception staff who spoke excellent English. The hot breakfast was delicious! Restaurant next door famous for their crepes.

Ok
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls sounded paper thin. I felt like I could hear everything my neighbors were saying

It was located central to everything you’d want to see in ronda

Very tiny room
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was very small (103) with no outlook so it felt very claustrophobic.

Staff were friendly and hotel was in a good location and was comfortable.

Excellent intimate little hotel in superb location / position in RONDA.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent intimate little hotel in superb location / position in RONDA. Helpful, polite and efficient staff. Well equipped easy accessible room at a ridiculously lower rate. Thanks for making our occasion most enjoyable. Jean & Roger

Very enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Says in leaflet cheap parking nearby No its not its at least a 3k walk and with luggage not ideal The nearest one 50 m away charges 18 e per day typical Spainish VERY expensive to park the car

Excellent location amongst the old town lots of bars and restaurants great for sightseeing ideal base for a short stay Breakfast at 6 e excellent value All hot food cooked to order Well done

Great situation - very handy for shops, cafes and places of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great situation - very handy for shops, cafes and places of interests. Staff extremely helpful and very happy to share local knowledge. Very much enjoyed our stay there.

Nice hotel with nice, almost family atmosphere.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Just less space around the beds.

Nice hotel with nice, almost family atmosphere... Great location in the center, amazing city with the unique nature phenomenon – Rio Grande canyon...

Not bad but would not stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

- terrible wifi ... - very uncomfortable bed... 1.4m is too narrow. only one long pillow to share ... - very noisy. if someone talks/walks in the hallway, it is like they are standing next to your bed.

- location few minutes walk from the main attractions and old Ronda - nice buffet breakfast for 6 euro. juices, coffee, donuts, baguettes, eggs with bacon,... - nice bathroom with big shower - 45 euros per night is allright given the location and breakfast.

Perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

All perfect! Temporary park was just beside the corner, and there is a public park place at 3 minutes by foot. The girl at the reception spoke a perfect English, she was so kind and gave us a lot of useful information about where to eat, nightlife and what to see in the beautiful city of Ronda. Room was perfectly clean, bathrooms and beds were so comfortable. The hotel was just into town center.

Nice location and good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The room had a bad smell. But when you open the air conditioner its ok. The shower is not stable. Fell on my head several times

The stuff was helpful, the location is perfect and the breakfast is very nice.

Great location, great value
    • Double or Twin Room

You have to give your key to the 24hr reception when you go out - can be a little annoying if they're with another guest when you return!

Great value for money - centrally located with all of the major attractions within close walking distance. It's also only a 10 minute walk from the train station. Staff give detailed information on check in on what to see and do.

Good location shame about internal room.

Internal room.

Great location and easy access from the bus and train station. Comfy bed. Excellent shower. Superb coach journey through the mountains from Ronda to Marbella. Not for faint hearted as the roads cling to the side of the mountains.

An excellent hotel in a terrific location with very nice staff and incredible value for the price

Parking is a real issue. Their own parking facility is 550 metres Yes 550 away and costs 12 euros a day. The car parks nearby cost far more and are often full up. Dont even think about street parking in Ronda. it aint gonna happen. Also the shower which was a bit small and rickety especially if your on the large size. But apart from that this is a cracking little hotel for the price

location and price

Perfect accomodation for a cheap price

Cannot remember anything.

The staff was nice and helpful, her English was really good which is not so common in this part of Spain. We arrived too early but we were kindly allowed to leave our luggage in the lobby and as a nice surprise, we got two vouchers for two persons as a welcome present. We liked the room and the bathroom, the accomodation was nice, clean and not expensive.

Overall, a pleasant stay

Shower doors difficult to open and shut on runners,shower wall fitting too high, sent water jet towards the doors Television too high, near ceiling

Staff very polite and friendly, especially a young lady and a young man named Ivan, both were very helpful,Air conditioning was excellent, very good shower strength, bed comfortable, basic facilities

性价比高

breakfast is not cost-effective

nice staff, offers the free print service. spacious bathroom good location in the new town (you can walk to any scenic spot)

Good location, average accommodations with very good staff.

The parking situation was difficult, but at least they had an arrangement with a garage that was a 10 minute walk away. Unloading luggage was tough with a single parking spot that was typically occupied by non-clients.

The staff was great -- very helpful! Location on the edge of the major pedestrian zone was very good.

Excellent value and good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The room and the bathroom were simple, but spacious and comfortable enough. We slept very well. We were advised at the reception that we could park for free in the street, which was an extra bonus pricewise. If you fancy a buffet breakfast, it costs only 6 €. Also note there are many cafes and ice cream shops nearby. The main shopping streat is few steps away.

Good stay

20' walk to the see. Week Wifi.

Very cleen. Nice Wellness Pool. Bicycle hiring. Handy that I could use a bicycle as I was travelling by Public Transport.

Overall, an enjoyable stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a fridge. Apart from that, nothing

Comfortable accommodation. Ample storage space. The breakfast option was good value with plenty of choices.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great value
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking was a long walk from the hotel, you wouldn't want large suitcases that's for sure!

Location was fantastic right in the centre, Wi-Fi was great and the breakfast was excellent value. A great hotel for the price.

great place

not much

happened to be there for the Ronda Romantica festival. great folk fest. great location. lovely staff very friendly and helpful bigger bathroom than some single rooms

Nice room, nice staff, nice breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy by night but it was feria de mayo, so there was a lot of people in the street... Also, I did not specially appreciate to be charged for the all cost of the room a few days before arriving.

Nice room, nice staff, nice breakfast

Budget hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

No facilities to make a cup of tea although the café next door is excellent. The room was very small and without a window. Unfortunately from a cost point of view we had chosen the wrong weekend because it coincided with a major sporting event, La Legion 101km and thousands were in Ronda wanting a room. However watching some of the finishers was some compensation.

The property served its purpose, we were able to see everything we wanted in Ronda by foot. The breakfast was very good and cooked to order.

Comfortable stay in central Ronda
    • Double or Twin Room

A little bit noisy (room on 1st floor).

Excellent location within walking distance of all major Ronda landmarks; conveniently close to a public car-park.

• Double or Twin Room

The price. It was during the weekend of a sporting event and prices of the room were inflated for that weekend.

Great location. Free Wifi. Staff were friendly.

Lovely city and hotel excellent location. good tapas nearby

room a little small

friendly staff and good breakfast - limited menu but all good quality and hot bacon and eggs if wanted. Good location for all sightseeing

great location for Ronda
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls are thin, the next door neighbor could be heard!! uncomfortable listening early morning! The pillows are also very solid. not comfy.

location is great and very close to the shopping streets. not too far from the bridges either. 24 hour reception is also good.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was at all not like it was in thr picture. It was very small and dark with a window looking out to another guest's window. A hotel should not advertise incorrect photographs.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

San Cayetano - great value for a very reasonable price.

This is not about the hotel but about Ronda. It is a small city so you cannot find many restaurants open after 12:00, at least on that Tuesday that we were there.

It is a small b&b type hotel that seems to be run by a family. Everyone is friendly and accommodating and the breakfast is very good. The hotel is very clean and the bed is comfortable.

The hotel is located quite close to the center, but at the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located quite close to the center, but at the same time is on a quiet street with good bars and cafeterias, also in a good proximity to bus and train stations. Very reasonable price for superb room and service quality. Strong and stable wifi, you can enjoy breakfast in the cafeteria outside the hotel and still be online.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

It is well located and it is very well located near sights...
    • Double or Twin Room

The man on the reception desk. The woman was a complete contrast in enthusiasm and helpfulness.

It is well located and it is very well located near sights and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Ronda is lovely but not our room in the San Cayetano.
    • Double or Twin Room

The small room was gloomy as the small window looked out onto internal well. The waterproof under sheets on the beds were uncomfortable. No shelves in the bathroom and nowhere to balance soap etc in shower and no safety handles. Not a room to spend time in.

The location was close to cafes, shops, old town and bullring

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Good location, very close to the tourist attractions yet...
    • Double or Twin Room

The design of the hotel was a bit odd. The room was not a square one, so a lot of space is useless. Moreover our room only has the inward window, which make it a bit hard to get the sunlight.

Good location, very close to the tourist attractions yet quite enough for a good sleep.

Good spot, but you can find a better place to stay

The room smelt like old cigarettes and bleach, and was lit by one cold fluorescent lightbulb that buzzed in my ears all night.

It's right in town. A two minute walk from the bridge.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The perfect place in Ronda
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a perfect stay here. We checked in late and it was no problem, all the staff was amazing anytime we needed anything.The location is as good as it gets, the the rooms were super clean and comfortable, wifi was great, bathrooms, showers were perfect. Zero complaints, would stay here again in a second. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Very clean, excellent location, friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only thing I would suggest is having a laundry service for guests.

Very clean, excellent location, friendly staff. Service was better than most 4 star hotels I've stayed at.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Good hotel, brilliant staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

A good value and comfortable hotel in a good location distinguished by outstanding staff. Friendly, courteous, and helpful far, far beyond the call of duty.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Location is great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very dark and with window only to inner court of some sort. No light and not much air either. But not too bad or uncomfortable.

Location is great. Value for money is great. Water pressure in the shower was terrific.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Good location, extra fee 10 € parking place
    • Double or Twin Room

The parking place is 500 m away from the hotel, and it isn t included in the price. You have to pay 10 € per day!

Very good location and very frendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great value for money

nothing. it was perfect.

The location was perfect, max. 10 minutes walking from main tourist attractions. The recepcionist was really nice, kind and helpfull. The room and the bathroom were big enough, really clean and nice. we enjoyed our stay much and we would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Good location, excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only stayed for one night, no issues.

Central location, could leave car in public car park a couple of blocks away although hotel offers a recommended car park option. Stayed in a nice room at the front of the property, clean and quiet - may be noisier in high season but not a problem. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Basic but clean and well located
    • Double or Twin Room

The noise. Our room was by the stairs and elevator and it seemed that everyone was by our door in the morning - once the hotel started waking up there was no chance of sleeping. The room definitely needed the air con but that was pretty noisy and the room needed to have the blind and window shut as it was an open view to a tiny accessible and overlooked internal space. I'm a light sleeper so found getting rest very difficult, desperately resorting to ear plugs without success. There was nothing outstanding - the room and bathroom was clean and functional so for me the lack of sleep means I wouldn't go here next time.

Location and positive reception. Cleanliness and functional. The room was a good size.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Lovely short stay in the heart of Ronda
    • Double or Twin Room

Location of the hotel is in the centre of Ronda within walking distance to town's all attractions. 24h desk is manned by very helpful staff. The room was very clean and the bathroom well equipped, with a powerful shower. We asked for a room with balcony while booking and we've got one. This certainly added to the great value of the stay.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Location, English speaking staff, good WIFI speed, very...
    • Double or Twin Room

The car park is a couple of hundred meters away so it's a bit tricky to pack and unpack ( can't really stop in front of the building. We managed to find a spot ( not legal but the locals didn't mind) but we were lucky. That said, it's a very good hotel, excellent value for money and we will stay there again.

Location, English speaking staff, good WIFI speed, very clean.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel with good location. Hotel was newly renovated and room is not so big but not small. Bath room has shower booth and very clean. Can easily reach bull ring and nuevo bridge within 10 minutes. Bus station 5 minutes and train station within 10 minutes.also recommend to visit celia morales guitar, really nice experience. The place is just one minute away from hotel and make reservation at hotel reception. Price is 15 euros. Really satisfied with this hotel. Staff was very kind also.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Ronda visit
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit hard to find and parking is 6 blocks away.

The desk staff were amazing, great English told us lots of tips of where to visit, where to eat.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Perfect location, very good price with some need for improvement
    • Double or Twin Room

The doors of the rooms can not be closed silently, the air conditioning, that you might need in the night, is difficult to set to a fixed speed. So you might end up with a very varying night noise, either from your air conditioning, or if you switch it off and open the window, from the air conditioning from the other rooms. The legs of the chairs should get some soft pads. If someone in the other rooms move the chair, many other rooms will hear the quicky noise. The beds had new matrasses but covered with a wet proved cover, that is not comfortable to sleep on. But alltogether you get reasonable quality for a good price.

Perfect location, you can drive close by and unload the car easily. Then you can search for a spot at the roadside to park the car for free. This is not easy, but with some pacience it will work.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

more central...not necc
    • Double or Twin Room

the shower could use a thorough cleaning...but otherwise....perfect...dont forget when in spain....

very accomidating....great location...near anything you wanted...and loved the hustle and bussle....

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Fantastic place to visit

Coffee facilities in the room

Location, location, friendly helpful staff. Need at least 2 full days to see all the sites. Views are amazing, bridges are fantastic. Will defiantly go back for a longer period.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

1 very nice and helpful staff
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

1 very nice and helpful staff (We had car accident near Ronda and needed a replacement car, my mobile phone couldn't reach the rental company. The staff was kind and patient, and helped me to contact the company and also recommended an outstanding restaurant, Carmen de Ronda) 2 good facility 3 very convenient location

Great value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely friendly and helpful receptionist

Clean and spacious rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

Clean and spacious rooms Clean bathrooms Friendly staff Has an elevator (yeah!!! you will need it if you carry big luggage) Great Location