Reviews of Ronda House 3 stars

Sant Erasme, 19, Ciutat Vella, 08001 Barcelona, Spain

#476 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

The perfect city break hotel
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The rooms are perfect for a city break, the room we stayed in was comfy, clean, good a/c and a fantastic shower. Staff are all friendly and polite which makes the stay even better. The hotel is in a great location. It is a short walk to metro stations and to many of the attractions, even walkable to the beach.

Great area
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

New rooms have been made too small. Not enough room for two persons luggage. Lamps above bed too low. Be careful, I'm five foot tall and I constantly hit head on light.

Cafe breakfast was exceptional.

Overall was great
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast was good but seemed restaurant was not big enough for the number of guests using it on the day we did....had to wait for a table and the waitress was run off her feet

Room was of a good size and bathroom was modern and clean. Desk staff extremely helpful

Not a lot, staff were good .
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Work on 4 floor drilling stats at 8.30am. Breakfast very basic, view poor , very tired hotel

Not a lot, staff were good . I had no choice on this hotel , I had to book as my son in laws stag party team had book in there.... if I had my wife with me , she would have divorced me for booking this hotel ! 😉

Ok but a bit pricey
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

No tea or coffee facilities in room. Room was dark as window was faced by walls on 2 sides and other room. Building work

Location excellent for public transport. Good selection for breakfast. Less than 10 mins to La Rambla

There İs Big Room.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Reseption people should be smile someone.

There İs Big Room. I was stay alone. And I had a big room. and very comfortable. Breakfast is good. room is clean. Local area is brilliant. :)

It was in the center of town close to everything
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Impossible to get to by car, especially using sat nav, it took us an hour eventually following directions from a policeman

It was in the center of town close to everything

Good enough for our one night stay.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We didn't like the fact that my family were in a room that was old fashioned and drab, nothing good to say about it. Other rooms are currently being updated though. Also not a lot of choice for breakfast.

We were only here for one night, and were glad we were given a room that had been updated. It was only a 10minute walk to Las Ramblas. Reception staff very helpful and friendly. The bed was also quite comfy.

Compact little hotel about 15 min walk from La Rambla.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Beds are very low and pillows very thin. Door to room doesn’t shut on it’s own you have to check every time you go in/out. Rooms not sound proof. Can be noisy.

Compact little hotel about 15 min walk from La Rambla. Offering a good choice at breakfast. Very polite helpful staff.

somewhat sketchy location, especially when taking smaller side streets
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We had a do not disturb sign on our door our entire 3 night stay. The last day, we returned to our room to find the room unlocked, serviced, and workers on our patio/balcony. We should have been contacted PRIOR to anyone entering our room. Fortunately, we had used the safe for our valuables.

The nicest thing about the property was the refurbished room. Nice room and room amenities. Close to metro, close to Las Ramlas/La Boqueria Market, walkable to most everything in Barcelona.

The hotel does not deserve the 3 stars !
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I had a room with a small space. The same small window could not be opened because it was in a space where the garbage was dumped. Breakfast did not have variety with the same menu for 5 days. This hotel is set in a mizera area and with dubious people .

The location of the area close to the placa catalunya.

Not bad, but expensive
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

1.The room booked on internet was with no any view, just a inner wall 2 m from the window. 2.The room value - 91€/night is too much for 2 stars hotel!

Too expensive for what it offers.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We had a very noisy room, we could hear everything from the other rooms and from outside. Also, the cleaning service started to work at 8:00 in the morning. No soap. The breakfast was very poor, vegetables = just some slices of tomatoes, the omelette was too raw for us, the coffee was not coffee, it tasted like cacao.

The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a bidet. Very tasty apples at breakfast.

Average
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

They were renovating in the room straight above so had a jack hammer for several hours late in the afternoon and I asked to be moved cause it was extremely loud in my room and they couldn’t/ wouldn’t move me. So I asked how long was it going to go on for until about 7pm. NOT HAPPY The best she said she could do was tell them to be a little quieter 😳 I didn’t realise jack hammers had mute buttons on them oh that’s right they don’t.

Excellent, was plesently surprised.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I didn't find it safe to have a metal lampshade above my head in the bed, nearly bumped my head into a few times.

WE have stayed on the 5th floor, we were so lucky, got a brand new refurbished bedroom with a massive walk in shower, room was extra clean. Breakfast was also lovely, with plenty of options. Staff was very friendly. Great Location, it can be a bit noisy from the streets at night time but it wasn't that bad. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

When arriving from airport our taxi driver told us it was in...
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Nothing. Everything was great. I found it expensive but all of Barcelona was expensive. So it was one of the cheaper hotels and it included breakfast.

When arriving from airport our taxi driver told us it was in a bad area and we were pleasantly surprised that it was in a good location near la ramblas. Good restaurants. The staff was super friendly and there was a very good breakfast that was included

Horrible place, expensive for nothing noisy and dirty
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Dodgy area, expensive compared to other much nicer hotels nearby, very noisy in the room, the rooms walls so dirty and old, view from the window is horrible! All the rubbish bins etc. the light is so poor in the room, breakfast has very limited choices. I phoned them for AC , it doesn't work ! Not surprised, they offered us a fan instead ! Such a joke

Nothing good to be honest, expensive for nothing

nice, clean and quiet place
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

wooded floor. problems with the water flush button at the toilette. easy flooding floor at the bathroom. coffee. wifi: weak signal

nice, clean, quiet and relatively central located (20 minutes walk from Catalonia square). recently renovated room. good breakfast (including warm dishes).very good staff. balcony. quiet neighborhood.

A nice place to stay in the city center, if you are lucky enough to get a refurbished room.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

My room on the 2th floor - there are very tired and dark rooms on the lower floors.

My room on the 6th floor - there are very comfortable and clean renovated rooms on the upper floors.

the best I've stayed in our European trip. It was comfortable, perfect location, perfect staff.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The scrambled eggs were a bit overcooked but that is if I had to find something I didn't like.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room which had been recently renovated was so lovely and the bed was very comfortable. There was a large bathroom with great shower. The location was exceptional with many of the sites we wanted to visit within walking distance. The train station was only 2 minutes walk from hotel. We loved our stay and we would choose Rhonda House again if we ever go back to Spain.

An affordable & comfortable stay, not in the most picturesque location.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Lack of soap provided, having a balcony but it being completely empty, bins not being emptied one day.

Friendly & helpful reception staff, comfortable beds, rooms cleaned daily, luxurious shower, unexpectedly having a balcony & being put in one of the newer rooms.

Good value in an excellent location.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

This is a good value basic hotel in an excellent location; its about 250 metres from the Metro. The hotel is being refurbished and at the moment the sixth floor is the place to be.

Good stay in city center
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We were visiting at the end of March and the weather for a few days were quiet chilly. The room was lacking a blanket. There was a sheet and decorative cover but the were not warm one. For the summer it should be an issue, but for earlier spring you can ask the reception for smth.

The place was good, place is really great, easy access to subway and city center. Stuff is welcoming.

Ok for short stays only for a good price !
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Although is pretty much close to the center the location is poor in a noisy and strange neighbourhood. Window not properly closing making all the conversations or scooters on the streets feel like they are in your room. I asked for soap and the answer was: "we've got no soap you already have shower gel". No slippers ( ok...this may be only my problem ). Breakfast was ok but the same every day, not diversified. Coffee was poor quality, instant ness. No outside area... if you like some fresh air or to smoke a cig you must go on the street.

Daily cleaning with fresh towels and sheets. Nice bathroom. Even tough you can see that the staff is not enjoying their job, their are helpful and nice when asked, never rude. Good wifi signal and speed all over the hotel.Free luggage hosting after checkout. Close to the bus and metro stations. Some 24/7 shops around. Some coffee and sandwich shops around. A very nice and useful shop (bazaar) with everything you may need for vacation and not only, right next to the hotel.

Hotel with friendly front desk
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Climate control not working. Noisy witb open window. A bit ecpensive.

Nice friendly staff who speak English fluently especially Reah who was extremely helpful. She efficient in getting our over heated room resloved and even help us book a taxi to the airport..

Clean, good location for walking and friendly staff.

Poor soundproofing - could hear every noise from other guests, guests smoking from other room windows made rooms smell of smoke, not easily accessed by car. No air conditioning.

Helpful, polite and friendly staff. A short walk to the city centre attractions. Clean. Buffet breakfast was good.

Good location to Metro, easy to get to tourist attractions...
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Walls so thin could people in next room, even just turning taps on, pluging in items. We were there end of March it was so hot in room, no air con, how do people cope in summer. No kettle, would have loved to make a cuppa. All though location is great for metro and attractions, its right on edge of what looked a dubious area.

Good location to Metro, easy to get to tourist attractions from here. Good shower. Staff were very helpful.

Maybe the breakfast was ok
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Every thing was bad start with the reception lady wasn’t helpful at all Bad interior very small room and to far from the center and the Rambla street

Maybe the breakfast was ok

Bad.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Some staff members weren't very friendly. Made us wait 3 hours for our room to be cleaned before we could check in... Breakfast was bad,very poor variety. Didn't like the interior of the room, old looking and not very cosy but maybe it's just wasn't up to my taste. It was very noisy at nights, people banging the doors. We could hear everything what was going on in the hall. The room key (card) wasn't working properly. I had to go to the reception every time to tell them the card wouldn't work and i can't open my room door. The girls cleaning the rooms-they didn't put any shampoo and other stuff while cleaning the room so i always had to ask at reception to give it to me. I know its not a 5 star hotel and my expectations are not that high but this place is really not very good for stay. I think you can get more for that price somewhere else.

• Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Very noisy, you can hear the others from the hotel Not very clean Blanket from the bad was kind of dirty Breakfast does not have a lot of variety

Good location Near to metro Near restaurants

Ok very basic room
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Very small twin room no tea/coffee facilities in room. 10 min away from La Rambla which was good but area seemed run down full of people hanging about all day and night (the same ppl)

Good hotel value for money compared to some in Barcalona.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The location is close to the main tourist area but please be aware that right around the hotel there is a lot of people on the street trying to sell you stuff and looking dodgy. My friend was right outside the hotel on his phone and someone on a pushbike tried to take his phone off him as he was talking on the phone, luckily he caught him.

The rooms were clean, good showers clean towels each day. The breakfast was good enough choices and what I'd expect on a breakfast buffet. Reception staff were quick enough to get us all booked in and didn't ask for a deposit which some hotels do.

Very functional room, did the job. Alright breakfast. Close to the main town.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We could hear the pipes from the other rooms. Not sure what they can do about that though.

The cleaners did a lovely job each day. The room was very functional. Nice breakfast, enough variety there for the 5 days we stayed. Receptionist was very helpful when we asked about the local transport.

The hotel provided an excellent value for our money. The front desk staff were very helpful!

The blankets on the bed could stand to be a little thicker especially since the weather was still a little chilly at night.

The front desk staff told us that we had one of their newer rooms when we checked in. The beds were comfortable like memory foam.

Good value for Barcelona could have been worse and could have been better
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Room was too hot and the view very poor. There was work going on through out the day lots of drilling

Breakfast was very good quality for money paid and location was good

Location in the centre of city.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Single beds in room have small wheels and when put together they were running away from each other. Not very pleasent when you want to sleep with your partner

Location in the centre of city. Helpful personal

Budget hotel, got its faults, do your research before you stay

The location is awful. The surrounding street was full of prostitutes constantly trying to get business with members of my party. The hotel is located in very busy area and consequently you could hear every noise in the street. Also due to age of the hotel, whenever someone above flushed the loo, the water came rushing down and sounded like a waterfall in the room. For £70 for two days couldn't really complain especially as only spent 6 hrs a day in the room but just thought I would tell it like it is

Breakfast was good, hotel staff friendly. Room was dated but clean

Barclona is a fantastic city I will come back again
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

It was a very short walk to everything great. Location

Their is a lot of people drinking on the street and a lot of young people asking if you want to buy drugs, which is quite intimidating

2 nights in Barcelona

An airport shuttle would be handy. Even a taxi with discount or something like that. Our flight was late so we couldn’t go by bus. (30 euro from the airport to the hotel)

The room is comfortable and the shower is very good. Staff friendly, good breakfast included and nice location.

The hotel was very nice ,with a very good breakfast .

The hotel was very nice ,with a very good breakfast ....we just loooove the cappuccino and the orange juice, the bed was ok,the location very good,easy to find. Lidl and carrefour 15 min walking The only - it's that the walls are very fin and you can hear the neighbors especially in the night.

Nice hotel, not expensive, good positioning close to the...
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The pillows, a informare. Old change that pillows. We stayed there for a week, e cert single morning exactly the same breakfast. Exactly the same...

Nice hotel, not expensive, good positioning close to the Metro station, good wifi, nice people

one week in barcelona
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Storm of the bed wasn't very comfortable

Nice hotel, clean with good breakfasts and near the metro and bus station!!! I recommend it for your stay in barcelona!!

Overall it was satisfactory but could be improved by drink making facilities
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

the cooked breakfast items were cold either hot plate turned low or not working. hot drink machine not working on Tuesday morning. No drink making facilities either in room or reception area

location was good to access most parts of city

good breakfast, nice bathroom, location near different bus...

a bit outdated, but if you are not too spoiled great

good breakfast, nice bathroom, location near different bus and metro lines, pretty close to most sights if you like walking, also nice personnel

• Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Breakfast buffet was poor the room wasn’t like the pictures it had no electrical socket near the bed . the toilet was uncomfortable you had to sit with a toilet roll holder digging into your leg when the rest of the wall was empty , bed had a blanket on it with a massive hole in the middle . 7:30 in the morning when everyone wakes and use the shower you can hear all the water pipes rattling so loud it wakes you up

It was cheap when it was 50% off wouldn’t pay full price though

A fantastic City
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The Breakfast was very basic only scrambled eggs and hotdog sausages and very greasy bacon there was a selection of cold meats and yogurt and juice

The room was small and very hot The bathroom was good Unfortunately the bed was very noisy

Excellent staff, nice breakfasts, central location, good selection of late night entertainments near
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The room could have been better if it had tea/coffee facilities and easier accessible plug sockets, dont get me wrong this was a great place to stay but not very modern away from reception.

Staff were amazing and very helpful. Especially Avigail on reception. The breakfasts were great value for money, the hotel looks and feels dated away from reception, but is still very well cleaned and maintained and for the price £49 a night was great, located only a 15 min walk from Las ramblas, although there were metro stations nearby decided to walk, the area around the hotel is quite loud and definetly not for families with young children due to the noise levels from the nearby busy bars. Free wifi worked well, bath and shower both very hot. All in all had a great long weekend and would definetly use Ronda house again. Food available nearby was very nice and a great range too.

Very good place to stay :)
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Everything was very nice. We were lucky enough to receive a room at the 7th floor, that was newly renovated (more floors were being renovated as well). The room was a little small, but had just enough space for a brief stay, it was very clean and the view was very nice. It's a short walking distance from the Sant Antoni metro station and Rambla could be reached by an proximate 10 minute walk, and we walked back from the Fountains of Montjuic to the hotel (after the show) and the walk was approximately 20 minutes (walking really slow). The staff was very friendly and knew English very well, they answered all our questions and were very nice. The breakfast was good, large variety of yogurt, bread and coffee. Over all, a very good place to stay, close to the metro station and city center.

Not recommending
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I'm really not negative person, but this was absolutely terrible experience! Everything including towels was quite old. Breakfasts were samely every day-omlet, sausages, cheese, ham, croissans, apples. Coffee was horrible. Actually, we could have stand it, if there was good everything else, but!!! We heard every conversation in other rooms. As there were students, there was a party till morning every single night! We tried to complain at the reception, but didn't work. But at 9am construction works started with horrible noise! You can imagine how loud it was as you can see picture attached - construction material pipe!

The only good side was that the hotel is in the good area of Barcelona.

If i travel with a friend would stay there again
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I thought the hotel was a lot closer to La Ramble and for a single women did not feel comfortable walking back to the hotel later in the evening.

Room was very comfortable and clean.

Fabulous location. Easy to walk around Las Ramblas and that's what we wanted.

We only stayed one night and I'm happy it was only one night.

The bed was hard. The toilet seat had a crack it, however for one night it was easy to live with.

Ronda House was fine for a short. Stay
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There were considerable alterations being made to the hotel hopefully improvements for future guests.

It was not particularly a tourist area, very convenient for the metro and only 15 mins brisk walk to place Catalonia.

Comfortable with great welcome and good breakfast
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The air-conditioning needs some servicing as it made the room smell a bit damp and musty when switched on.

We liked the large room and bathroom (with toiletries). It was clean and the beds were comfortable. When we discovered how to switch off the air-conditioning, the room was much less stuffy. The breakfast was great and the staff were very welcoming, even when we arrived late after a delayed flight!

Terrible!! Worst experience ever.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The room I received was in really bed shape. The were mole spots all over the bathroom. The bed was hanging below the surface and the toilet was really dirty. I never have complained about a hotel, but this was my worst experience.

A good hotel
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The room is very noise the wall is like a cardboard you can hear what the neighbor say. Overall is a good choise price, breakfast and central location. Tha ks

The hotel is very close to many bus station and the metro is really close that gives you an advantage to see all atraction on barcelona. The room is spacious and very clean, they clean the room every they. Bathroom is big. The breakfast is good, you have a lot of choices.

So so hotel in Barcelona

Hotel needs renovation, small rooms, no space, bath also small. Staff keeps it as good as possible, but this is not enough. A bit overpriced

Staff was very helpful, location is close (5 minutes) to the Pl. Universitat. Breakfast was fair. Rooms were clean.

overall a pleasant stay, very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel fulfilled our core needs. recommend
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

One lift- can be congested Hotel reception can get very congested with large tour groups The room safe still had problems despite being repaired... Limited toiletries in bathroom

Staff were really friendly- welcoming and professional :) Fairly decent breakfast- eggs, cereals, warm pastries, apples, bacon Good location- 2 minute walk to metro Sant Antoni with plenty of amenities nearby- restaurants /supermarkets

the location excellent.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

the location excellent. breakfast little variety, bedroom bedsspread and curtains needed replacing years ago. balcony definitely unsafe - too narrow and railing far too low. most staff very friendly and helpful. free wifi excellent. if it bedroom refurburshed and shower not over bath i would thoroughly recommend it.

Good for the price they offer Buffett style breakfast.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

My room had a pipe attached to the wall. When people shower or use the toilet I can hear the water running lol

Near las ramblas which is very populated in barcelona minutes from restaurants department store lots lots of shopping.

Very good hotel
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Not quite a new repair - but for us it was not an important condition.

Good check-in desk. You can leave your luggage in the storage room for the duration of your stay and for several hours after the eviction (if you want to walk around Barcelona without your luggage, and before you leave there is still time). Tasty breakfast. Quite quietly. Near the metro station. Clean bed linen, towels.

Th hotel is located in a very good area, with all the...
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Th hotel is located in a very good area, with all the comforts needed for a city break. Very close to the main Barcelona attractions Piazza Catalyuna and Las Ramblas. The room was noisy, but it was because it was on the second floor, on the main road.. but overall was a perfect hotel for our city break in Barcelona

I like to commend your staff in the front foyer.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The shower facility (or the bathroom) is very old. It could be better, though I admit it is functional. Also, not sure if the safety deposit box works cuz I couldn't make it work. I didn't bother to ask the staff though cuz in the end I don't really need it.

I like to commend your staff in the front foyer. Special mention to Abigail. She is most helpful to me on directions, taxi bookings, my needs in the room, schedules, and private tours. She does her job over and beyond what is required of her.

15 minute walk to las ramblas would not like to be out alone at night in this area.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

building work going on inside hotel from 8.00 every morning. not told about this. exposed wires etc everywhere. Men urinating in streets beside hotel at all times of night and day. children screaming and yelling at night, this is a residential area. very noisy so take earplugs.

usual continental breakfast. staff very friendly. free safe and wifi and air con

I used the hotel for a transit stay in Barcelona. Would not probably use it as a main stay hotel

Needs a little renovation

The rooms were large, clean and comfortable though the furniture was old. The bathroom was large and clean. The location was set back from the main road by about 100 metres and backed by a slightly run down neighbourhood.

Would not stay again
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Not too clean- does not have double beds Poor breakfast Old building with very small corridors- lobby- stairs A lot of noise- music from the outside square - poor insulation

Excellent WiFI- relatively close to the center

Cheap, but you get what you paid for
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The rooms look like they where last decorated in the 80s, the sound insulation was terrible (we could hear everyone from the rooms around us), the bathtub only had a small glass panel so water would blast everywhere, the beds were old and not very comfortable, and we got a room with no sun light.

It was a 10 minute walk from La Boqueria market and Las Ramblas, and it was significantly cheaper than the competition.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Budget friendly.

Check in is late. Parking isn't very convenient.

Breakfast was great. Staff answers questions. Got us a taxi. Location is decently close to the centre.

Good location for a reasonable price!

The neighbourhood doesn't look very nice. The streets around the hotel are dirty and very noisy. Breakfast could be better, as there is not a large choice of things to eat and every morning the menu is the same.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is located withing walking distance from the very famous Las Ramblas and Placa Catalunia.

Not worth the money they charge
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The staff was not helpful when we complained regarding the terrible smell in the room, sewage-like, really unpleasant. The room we were allocated looked nothing like advertised pictures, it had a dirty "balcony" with high concrete wall, opposite another concrete wall. Breakfast - nothing special, very basic.

Location of the property is quite central and close to metro

Room next to the elevator
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

We got a room next to an elevator which means lot of noise when the elevator is working. The noise of other people in the hallway can be heard very loud and clear. Even closing the door is heard as banging it. If booking through booking.com means getting the worst room in the hotel, you should consider if it's the right choice to do it with booking.com

Poor customer service, rate as 3 star but actually 2 star ! Not value for money. I would stay away.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

It rated as 3 star but It's not ! I would rate as 2 star instead. The bed liner provided was torned and very old that shouldn't be provided to guests ! One of the receptionists behaviour was unsatisfactory as during check out she didn't greet with bye or have a nice day etc. and seems rude, she probably doesn't have any concept of customer service !

Location of the hotel is fantastic

Good location, extremely noisy, room was fine
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

While the room had everything I needed, it was not in the greatest condition. Also, there was zero sound insulation. I could hear EVERYTHING. When my neighbours were using the bathroom, it sounded like they were in my bathroom. If you want to be able to sleep, bring earplugs for sure. In fact, it would be a nice courtesy for the hotel to provide them to guests.

The breakfast was nice and the check in went smoothly. The location was also very good.

sold as 3 star hotel when it should be half star!!

Pictures in booking.com and the hotel website do not reflect the reality. This is categorized as 3 stars hotel I don't understand why, it was dirty, A/C smelled rotten and didn't work properly, there was mold in the shower, very bad beds, very dusty under the beds, old building, it need renovation. If you suffer from allergies don't even try to book it. Breakfast limited and always the same. The neighborhood is dirty and scary. The day of the check in right in front of the hotel there was a dumped mattress and some furniture. Very disappointed with booking.com for having this hotel listed on its offers. Booking.com should filter the properties and verify the conditions offered. Our staying in Barcelona was miserable thanks to Booking.com and Ronda Hotel.

Willingness of staff to help (front desk)

Coming back to Barcelona I will make use of the Hotel again as my discomforts can easily be put in o
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The mattress and the pillows.

The breakfast had a good choice to eat from. Well done. And the location is near to many places as long as get accustomed to the surroundings.

A short stay in a nice basic hotel with friendly, helpful reception staff.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

I found that the breakfast was a little boring as stated above it may have been nice to have hash browns, baked beans but only 3 choices of hot food. Unfortunately, there was no tea/coffee facility in room but you could order and pay at reception which was ok but I'd prefer to have the facility in room. Also, free toiletries were bar of soap, shampoo and comb no actual body wash would be better included.

I found the room was quite basic but was comfortable and then the breakfast was a buffet style of scrambled eggs, bacon and small Frankfurt style sausages only this was very nice but a little boring as same every day. I did like it when some fresh chopped fruit came out peaches and pineapple was delicious as well as the croissant which was flaky and nicely hot. The reception staff were very friendly and ever so helpful when asked for assistance.

Browse Ronda House traveller photo gallery