Reviews of Iberostar Playa de Palma 5 stars

Marbella, 36, 07610 Playa de Palma, Spain

#2 of 65 hotels in Playa de Palma

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great hotel but expensive for location

Expensive for location, very near Arenal. Pictures on Booking.com show top pool, but you can't use unless you had their upgraded rooms so this was very disappointing.

Service exceptional, breakfast great choice and good quality, pool area service excellent

Had a great time and will definitely go again.
    • Star Prestige Double Room with Executive Lounge Access (2 Adults)

The Marea restaurant was not good at all. The free tasting menu was enough to stop us going to the restaurant again.

The hotel was in a great location. The beach was only a few steps away. The staff were really helpful. Rooms were kept beautifully clean. Buffett breakfast was lovely.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great food quality-breakfast, poolbar, 2 restaurants in...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Noise-especially kid's walking and running noise from next room and upstairs.

Great food quality-breakfast, poolbar, 2 restaurants in hotel. Very clean room. Friendly staffs!

Excellent hotel, excellent hotel, excellent staff.
    • Star Prestige Double Room with Executive Lounge Access (2 Adults)

The whole Experian e was very good staff excelent; we stayed prestige which is well worth paying the extra. The buffett in evening is excellent, food first class and service wonderful. Location fantastic, beach so clean and on door step.staff allways had time for a freindly chat.

stingy in room service and houskeeping
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

1-The hotel is placed in busy location with no private beach.if you want to go to the beach , first you should go out of the hotel from main entrance door , cross two street and reach the beach with no facilities.the sea is not clear and dont have wow, it is really normal and crowd. 2-rooms have no privacy! every things are mixed together ! and shower had leak 3-houskeeping is stingy , they dont give you soap and shower cap!! I called to the reception to take soap and shower cap , first she said ok we will send you , after minutes she called me and said we dont have them ! we dont use plastic production in our hotel. although It was strange but I believed her and I said OK. but hours later , when my wife was going for dinner to the hotel restaurant , she found both shower cap and soap in housekeeper trolley !! The reception told me false response to my request . I took a photo and send it for you . they dont put tea ,coffee and kettle in the room . 3-foods in the Restaurant are good and various in both dinner and breakfast. but the atmosphere of restaurant is not desirable and stuffy . of course the staffs helped it when they turned off the A/C when you are eating your food when the time is out! they turned of all lights and coolers to get you out . and totally the height of roofs is low. 4-pool is small with no clear water. 5- low facilities and low general areas

the restaurant had various food and almost tasty

This hotel fulfilled all our expectation and more. We had a perfect holiday and will be back.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

This hotel excited our expectations. The facility is stunning and the personal is extremely friendly and service oriented. Location is perfect. Staying at the hotel and enjoying everything that it has to offer makes your holiday perfect and you have the vibrant and beautiful Palma only 10 to 15 min away by bus that stops in front of the hotel build and takes you to the heart of the city, Place de la Reina.

We are very satisfied with our stay!

We are very satisfied with our stay! Nice hotel next to a beautiful sandy beach, very pleasant staff, spacious and clean room, excellent breakfast and dinner buffet...We would like to come back one day.

Feedback for stay.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Feedback for stay. 24/05 - 02/06 Upon arrival our room was not up to standards the staff went above and beyond to facilitate and help especially the manager Elllie. The front desk staff are amazing a special thanks to Elena who was super helpful. The kids club could be more built up however Luna and Alberto went above and beyond there core duties to help welcome our little girl and set activities daily for her, which is a big thumbs up very personalised compared to other kids clubs but they only facilitate for morning periods only so beware. Entertainment is very good, perhaps needs to be marketed a little more to attract bigger audiences, there is no evening entertainment for kids you have to go across the road to the iberostar Cristina hotel, the bar staff is great especially Jackson who goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. The adults entertainment is brilliant especially flemenco and cabaret show. If you are going from the UK note there are only two tv channels and they are only news channels, we struggled to watch anything in the evening the hotel could provide additional Sport / Film TV and kids entertainment. The food is of very high quality and there really isn’t any need to eat elsewhere, the variety is great!

Fabulous!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

We were made so welcome on our arrival. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The whole hotel is bright and smells divine. The breakfast choice is amazing!

Recent stay

Reception staff not as welcoming as they could be. Weren't very helpful at times felt like they didn't care. Restaurant and hotel were both clean. Room didn't have a kettle for tea for those who stay half board.

All restaurant and bar staff were amazing especially helpful around us with baby.

Perfect
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Fabulous hotel, staff were so friendly and helpful. Spotlessly clean, food and drink extremely good. We were upgraded to a superior room on the Superior * floor 7 where you have use of the infinity pool and bar on the roof which was just a amazing. The room was luxurious, spacious and extremely well equipped. Beds, bedding and pillows were comfortable and of a superior standard. We had room 706 with a huge balcony with views of pool, sea and beach. Wonderful Could not fault the staff, they went out of their way to make sure our party of 4 had everything that we needed. We were all inclusive and we were served with branded spirits rather than local brands, just perfect Special thanks to our waitresses Laura and Anueek who treated us so well. A truly brilliant 4 star hotel and i could not recommend this highly enough.

Very relaxing, well looked after.

We found that people came to the room a lot throughout the day just a check up either for maintenance, housekeeping or to check the minibar - some days we would get several knocks on the door aside from the regular housekeeping. The food in Marea was a little bit of a let down. The beef entrecôte was extremely tough and chewy. The dessert was exceptional though!

The breakfast buffet was incredible. All staff were fantastic and very helpful (especially Manuel, Seven and Pako in the lounge). The facilities were always so clean you would see Housekeeper cleaning every area all throughout the day. The sunset Champagne lounge was beautiful especially on a sunny day. The spa offered nice services and the girls were great. Overall terrific experience and very relaxing.

Most strongly recommend it.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Food, service, location were outstanding! We had a room issue the first day, but the staff bent over backwards to rectify the situation, well beyond our expectations!

Beautiful hotel next to the beach with excellent food and facilities

My mum wasn't happy about the fact that free coffee wasn't provided in the rooms. She thought that this should really have been provided in a 5 star hotel. Coffee pods were available to purchase at reception but were more expensive than can be bought at a local supermarket. Also, I think free water should have been provided at breakfast, rather than charging for water.

I stayed in this hotel with my family, including my 83 year old grandma, in March 2018. All areas of the hotel were accessible and provided step-free access, which helped a lot. The hotel is beautiful, the location right on the beach is excellent and the food choice in the restaurant at breakfast and dinner was very impressive indeed. All of the staff were very friendly and looked after us. There is also a bus stop across the road from the hotel where you can get an express bus into Palma. The hotel doesn't have an indoor pool but you can use the indoor pool in their sister hotel across the road. I would definitely come back here either with my family, my partner or a group of friends.

Worth the splurge!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Check-in was a biy slow. One waiter was somewhat surly, giving me disapproving looks and ignoring me at dinnetr in the hotel restaurant.

One of the best hotel stays ever! Fantastic, attentive staff. Fabulous food. Amazing room. Superb amenities. Great location.

Superb vacation.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I called the reception desk more than 3 times to have empty dishes taken away from my room and also at night, I asked for a can of coca cola but it never came. The staff were absolutely nice and super-friendly but there was some delay in having things done.

Amazing location and clean facilities. Nice and friendly staff. Definitely recommend this place.

Lovely calm hotel by the beach with phenomenal service

Nothing - I loved it all

Lovely helpful staff. They gave us a complimentary breakfast whilst our Star Prestige room was being cleaned. As the roof top bar was shut due to rain they provided us with free drinks and snack in the main bar. The choice of food was astonishing and very good quality. The room was large and well appointed with a great seaview. The treatments in the Spa were varied and good value and my therapist was skillful and friendly. I love this hotel and will go back with my husband for longer.

This is an excellent hotel that is very well run.
    • Double Room for Single Use

The staff on the front desk could be a little cold. However I found that if you smiled they relaxed immediately.

I think this is one of the best value hotels I’ve stayed in. Very big rooms, right on the beach, lots of staff too. And importantly, the hotel is VERY clean. I checked under the bed for dust etc. and there was none.

Very helpful and friendly staff always smiling, happy to...

Everything far beyond expectation

Very helpful and friendly staff always smiling, happy to assist me. Beautiful hotel, very nice rooms, quiet AC/heating, very nice pool, unbelievable breakfast and dinner!!! Live piano player in the lobby in the evening and bar with entertainment in the evening. Directly on the beach. The best travel experience ever!!!

The perfect hotel for a great holiday
    • Double Room for Single Use

I love Iberostar Playa de Palma. Stuff is very friendly, location is perfect, room incredible and the food excellent! I will definitely stay again here next time.

I loved it
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

There receptionists could improve on their customer service and would prefer if they informed us more about the services i.e. spa and other services. They weren't extremely helpful and really showed no enthusiasm.

Everything was fantastic such as the location from the beach and to the city Palma. The food was incredible. They provide a high quality buffet with a range of choices. I would probably recommend their pasta bar! The staff were always going out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. The room was amazing and the housekeeping would always do a great job cleaning up my mess. The sunset lounge was a great spot to relax and watch the sunset. There is also an incredible cocktail bar just a few minutes away. Overall the stay was exceptional and would definitely come again.

Everything was wonderful!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The only recommendation I have is to book spa appts. prior to your visit as they seem to book fast. Hopefully we’ll get to try the spa services on our next visit 🙂

Everything was wonderful! The room was clean, AMAZING shower and bathtub, great food, friendly staff, and beautiful view!!

I don’t normally write bad reviews.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I don’t normally write bad reviews... he hotel is definitely Not suitable for family, we paid over 400 Euro per room, the room was exactly same size as normal standard room, not family friendly at all. Definitely it’s not 5 stars, it’s more like 4 star. And the price was way over the top... the staff service were very bad too! Definitely not recommended..

All hotels should aspire to be just the the Iberostar

There was absolutely nothing that we didn’t like. The Iberostar have got it right.

My wife and I liked everything about this hotel: the location, the view, the facilities, the staff were brilliant, the food - choice and quality - was superb, so were the drinks. We will certainly return.

Mediocre
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Our flight was at 22:15 and check out is 12:00 so we was told we could get a late check out if we paid €45, but then they said we could’nt because someone had booked our room. Then we offered to pay for one night even though we would leave at 18:00 to catch our flight (as its a long time to wait around) and then they claimed to have no availability for basic rooms, when there was on their main site and booking.com. Also the claimed female manager agrees to everything you say and does not really understand english well. Reception made us miss our transfer to airport and claim to not have seen them or know what happend, when the company requested for us.

Property its self is amazing. Exactly like the pictures if even better

Nice and helpful staff, and we loved the bath tub in our...
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

-You have to pay for the coffee in the room! -The Jacuzzi was not working which was disappointing.

Nice and helpful staff, and we loved the bath tub in our room. Very good breakfast and dinner.

Excellent quality for the price paid. (Seasonal offer)
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

W-Lan was very hard to connect with.

I think we had the best room in the house 302! A balcony of 30m² overlooking the bay. Fantastic! The service especially the reception, front desk was really professional, polite and always ready to help. We booked only room without breakfast. So many places just around the corner to eat and have a cup of coffee. Although at this time of the year a lot of places are closed. We had a great time and can fully recommend this hotel to anybody. We did have a look at the restaurant at night, 2 restaurants, 1 A la Carte and the other buffet. The buffet restaurant was to brightly lit and too many people eating all at the same time was not to our liking. The standard of the food offered however looked very appealing. The hotel is directly situated on the the beach promenade.

Overall, beautiful place with amazing members of staff!
    • Double Room (3 Adults)

Spa facilities a bit of a downside. Even though there is an amazing outsdoor heated pool and another pool in a different building, which we were not aware of!

Especially amazing Reception staff, the beach is beautiful. Not far from the airport and close to Plma city centre, easily accessible by bus if needed!

Everything was excellent to take a sunny rest in the middle...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Probably hotel and area is quite crowded/touristic during high season.

Everything was excellent to take a sunny rest in the middle of November and hotel staff made it high above our expectations.

Hotel to join all around wonderful holiday.

Fitness room was small.

Service was very friendly, courteous and helpful. Service overall was professional, room was clean and cleand up very good. Breakfast and dinner was well organized and there were a lot of choice of dishes. View to the sea was great, also see the sunset in front was a nice experience.

Fabulous short break just far enough from the airport but not in flight path.

The pillows !

The hotel is really pretty with lovely modern decor both inside and out. In an excellent location for beach shops bars and restaurants. The breakfast is amazing but no one to show you what to get where, so we missed the bread and the porridge until the last day. The tea is dreadful so stick to coffee or flavoured teas. The staff are all lovely with nice touches of a small drink served by the pool in the morning and an ice cream in the afternoon . My only grouse is the "pillow menu" no hint of a charge on the card in the room but apparently it costs €3 per day to choose your own pillow. If you have a late flight you can use the showers in the spa or by reception, take your own toiletries as there were none in the shower.

It is not a 5* hotel!
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

There were not enough staff at the reception. We had to wait to check in and out. It took ages for them to deliver our luggage to the room. Breakfast was so poor! Fresh juice was mixed with water, bad (instant) coffee. It the 5* hotel you should have an option to get a cup of good coffee in the morning, how simple is that!? The staff had so sad faces as they were pushed to work so hard! They couldn't even cook an omelet properly. The waitress didn't clean the tables while we were having food but only after we left, so we had very messy table during breakfast. We stayed in Iderostar Cristina 4* which was located just near and could say that service, staff and food were much more better that in this 5* hotel. We could hear noise all 4 nights from people were leaving on top. That was terrible. The shower room was leaking every time we had a shower. After the shower we had water in the toilet and the corridor:( That was annoying.

A room was very good, large and had the sea view (the third floor). We had absolutely fantastic sunset views every evening. A pillow menu+++ The hotel had a very nice design and was very clean. The room services and cleaning was good. The hotel was good located. 1 minute walk to the beach.

"Superb hotel,shame about the location."
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The location of the hotel was inappropriate in view of cheap shops, bars and restaurants. No where of any good class that reflected ambiance of the hotel. Very very out of place. Did not meet any other English folk.

The hotel was excellent. Staff,food,wonderful. Wonderful sea views. Very clean. Nothing to fault in the hotel.

Lovely quiet hotel with great rooms. Maybe too quiet for some. But
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The food became a little lacking choice and quality after a week for 5 star. Most of the staff were lovely and happy but some were lacking helpfulness and you could see were just doing their job without the commitment you would expect from a 5 star hotel if you didn't tip. Which was a shame.

Beautiful rooms. Clean spacious and modern. Great location with shops and beach across the road. Lovely cocktails. Good entertainment in the evening for an hour.

Excellent hotel with excellent staff and services!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Super Hotel! All services are excellent, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast and dinner are fantastic and special. I recommend to everyone !

A fab hotel! Can't wait to return again... :-)

Having to leave..

Not sure what to compliment first as we loved our stay here. The breakfast was incredible, we have stayed in many hotels but have never had such a fantastic choice! The pool was absolutely beautiful, probably the most comfortable sun lounger ever! There were always plenty of beds available and the occasional complimentary Cava round the pool was a real treat!

Excellent hotel with stunning views and rooms
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Noisy rooms, and checkout wasnt very statisfying; Alejandro didnt had good hospitality skills. Parking is an issue in the summer; you have to park in the streets nearby but you really have to search good for some parking space. It is free though.

Great hotel; big rooms, very comfi beds, very clean rooms, music in the room through bluetooth, rainshower, very nice and big balcony with chairs and amazing views over the sea and swimmingpool. LOVED IT! Staff was very kind, breakfast-buffet was very good, entertainment was nice, very good restaurants, sunset bar with stunning view on the sunset with palmtrees! Also a great rooftop swimmingpool with bar; excellent! GREAT hotel! Would love to stay here again!

Nice hotel for relaxing on vacation
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The pool is little smaller than I've expected from pictures. All the beaches are in municipal property, so hotel does not have beach as property per se. I had to put on some clothes and take keys to go to beach - cross road, and go to beach. At the beach if you want trestle-bed and umbrella from sun, you have to separately pay for for this on every-day-basis. It's like that on whole island, so most people just used towels for lying on the beach. As we had paid half-board, we had to pay for all drinks in the hotel, even at lunch and dinner. Hotel gives one bottle of water (1 liter) everyday in the room as courtesy, for everything else you have to pay, and as it's hot in summer, one spends lot on this. Although as we did not have all-inclusive, it's understandable, but there is no cooler with water, or something like that, where you can get free water. In afternoon hotel staff would propose something iced and cool at the pool - ice cream or juice or freeze fruit smash.

Rooms are very nice. Beds and pillows are good quality. The food is amazing - breakfast and dinner was dream of gourmet. We bought two meals - breakfast and dinner, hotel told us that we could change dinner for lunch on the days we wanted, so sometimes we wold take lunch and go for dinner to city. Location is very good - close to airport and for going to Palma one could use taxi or bus, which stops in front of hotel. In front of hotel are shops and cafes and every evening you could enjoy strolling on the boulevard parallel to beach. The hotel is designed in the way that all rooms are looking to sea, so we had good view of sea and sunset. Also Aquarium is on walking distance and we went to visit and enjoined very much. The staff in the hotel is friendly and tries to help all guests. Although not all of them know English, knowing few words in Spanish is useful for people visiting Spain.

A great hotel in a very touristy location.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Missing a private beach & activities for teenagers. The local area is very built-up and there are few good restaurants in the area. Hotel staff friendly but (in August) some lacked experience.

Incredible breakfast buffet. Wonderful rooftop pool and service (with Prestige option). Well-designed rooms and simple but effective decoration. Great sea view from our room.

Excellent hotel - we will come again!

The egg dishes need some improvement - especially the poached eggs:)

Perfect location; elegant, modern and functional room; amazing rain shower! Very good breakfast and really friendly staff.

The room was great.
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

The toilet area had a smell to it. The food was OK at Marea restaurant. Needed to cook the food better. The waiter service at the pool / pool bar took a very long time to get a drink.

The room was great. The location to the beach was great. The variety of food at the buffet.

Relaxing stay
    • Star Prestige Double Room with Executive Lounge Access (2 Adults)

Neighbourhood is a bit too touristic

Staff was amazing, friendly and helpful. The restaurant was perfect - great selection of sea food (lobsters, oysters, shrimps). Private area on the roof was the perfect place to chill.

Excellent hotel!
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing! Looking forward to come back!

Hotel is excellent, with great decoration and perfect location (about 5-10 minutes from airport, and 15 minutes from city center by car)! Staff is very friendly and polite and always willing to help and smiling, specially Joana and Antonio in the reception, Laura and Martin in the restaurant and Jessica in the pool! Room is super comfortable with beautiful view from the sea! Breakfast is just perfect with lots of options! It's is worth to pay for the half board. Buffet has variety of food for good price! Around the hotel, there are plenty of restaurants for all tastes!

Really great hotel and location

Lack of childcare for under 4s - not even possible to get babysitting service

location is great, beaches are really nice, lots of great restaurants nearby, breakfast at the hotel was really good, rooms are big and spacious

• Twin Room with Sea View

Having to ask for and then Being charged extra for coffee pods in room when coffee machine was provided!! Having a pillow menu and then being charged extra for feather pillows!! My children were not allowed to use floaties, lilos or any balls in the pool in a 'family' hotel !! The breakfast was overrated by reviews and was not more than what one would expect from a 5 star hotel with the exception of an egg chef who couldn't fry an egg without cracking the yolk ! They were constantly running out of hot items and the sausages were just awful. I had to wait for items to be refilled on most mornings . Also there was no healthy cereal such as all bran and cold milk was not readily available for tea. No milk jugs !! Also the food was laid out in a way that you had to do laps of the restaurant to get what you needed. All rather disappointing having read such rave reviews . The Sunset Chill Out bar was constantly closed . I saw no evidence of any activities for children despite reading that this was offered . The beach was over the road from the hotel and not accessible without leaving the hotel . The view from the pool area was not atractive and you could see Burger King next door !! I thought that the hotel was very overpriced considering .

Clean , newly refurbed , nice decor, comfortable sun loungers

We loved it, a little extra needed for superb
    • Twin Room with Sea View

Again, it was very nice - we loved it and will come back for sure. Just a few input (constructively) that could have made it superb. The gym could be a bit bigger with some free weights. There should be a concierge to assist with restaurant bookings/city guidance etc. The reception was tied up with check-in/check-out. The young man overseeing the pool area was not attentive - we could not get our towels changed, although we had them for 4 days without changing. He was mostly on his mobile phone while big inflatables where in the relatively small pool.

It was generally very good. The location and the hotel was fantastic. The pool was very nice. Buffets for breakfast and dinner was good.

Lovely hotel for a break, 10 minutes from the airport.
    • Star Prestige Double Room with Executive Lounge Access (2 Adults)

Evening dinner buffet fairly expensive at 30 Euros per person.

Excellent star prestige rooms - lots of room; comfy beds. Breakfast choice is excellent; pool bar lunches are good if expensive. Very close to the lovely beach - so close it is easy to nip back to the hotel. Main pool is a little small perhaps but it never felt crowded or noisy. The roof terrace for star prestige guests is nice - lovely service by Anneet and very quiet.

Do yourself a favor and book this hotel!

Jacuzzi was small.

Location was excellent. A few steps from the beach. Then there was a bus stop right in front of the hotel to take you to the city center. I believe a one-way ticket was €4. I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and the fare was roughly €19. So if you split the fare with friends then it's not bad at all. We arrived around 9am and couldn't get an early check-in but since we were still in time for breakfast we got that for free. Was greatly appreciated as we were up and traveling since 3am. So thanks for that! They did the same for another couple. So I believe it's standard for them to give complimentary breakfast if you arrive during breakfast hours. Breakfast was excellent! You had everything. And I'm not exaggerating. They'll prepare your bacon and eggs right in front of you. They got fresh fruits. And everything else really. Food lined the whole one side of the dining area. Rooms were clean. View was great. Staff was friendly. Lots of shops & restaurants/bars in the area. It wasn't crowded when I stayed there. It wasn't a party area. Beach was clean. Area seemed relatively safe. The entire hotel was well designed and maintained. Luxury and style. I'd definitely stay here again!

Excellent 5star hotel with a phenomenal facilities and services.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The parking is small and they will ask for you to pay €15 per night to park in garage. However, they give you an option for the staff to help you park in the street. You don't have to worry about finding a parking space as the staff will help you park. But I was not comfortable with parking a rental car on the street. So, I requested they park my car in the garage as a complimentary and they accepted without me paying any money for it. I think the parking should be free. Considering the cost of the hotel.

It was an excellent hotel. We had the star prestige junior suite room - very spacious and the natural light is beautiful. The TV screen was amazing. Your personal Sauna in the bathroom. Very clean hotel. The bedding is superb. The staff were helpful and very understanding. Not one time was I tensed for anything. The environment is welcoming and relax. The food is phenomenal. Plenty of sea foods to chose from. The prestige solarium on the 8th floor is very clean and enjoyable. We got serve drinks whilst swimming in the solarium pool. I'll recommend to anyone wanting a proper and relaxing holiday. It's truly 5 stars hotel.

Fabulous stay
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The location is a bit far from the centre and there is nothing much to do. Beside some German bars and few restaurants there wasn't much.

The hotel is magnificent, rooms are enormous in size decorated beautifully with very very large bath. The food was great with endless variability. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Hotel is okay but a bit overpriced
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Didn't like the fact that late checkout wasn't available.

Hotel was okay but overpriced for what you got, so wasn't the best value for money.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

15–20 minutes from Palma central or the airport via bus or...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We kept questioning the hotel's star rating, and the associated cost. Staff, whilst nice, were inexperienced. Amenities, whilst present, were basic.

15–20 minutes from Palma central or the airport via bus or taxi, which meant we had the beach on the doorstep and great restaurants a short trip away.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Excellent 5 star hotel

Fabulous hotel - staff were extremely helpful but not too obtrusive. Food was amazing and an excellent variety. Rooms are beautiful, spacious and very clean. Ambience was just right. Would defo return.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Staff was good and helpful.

The only thing I can say is that they should add some Indian options in food and better vegetarian variety of food. The food was more or less the same everyday which we we found quite boring.

Staff was good and helpful. Would like to mention Shafiq , the restaurant manager , who looked after us. Next to beech, with shops , restaurants on doorstep.

Very smart hotel with excellent friendly staff.
    • Twin Room with Sea View

The gym is very basic and the bar lacks atmosphere.

Beautiful sea view room....really spacious and comfortable. The hotel is actually better than the location it is in but the express bus to Palma takes less than 15mins.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Family friendly 5* hotel

SPA is not fully functional yet, but have the main facility to be used.

Very nice and helpful staff with great facilities and location is very convenient to beach and lots of local bars and restaurants. Provide child care even, mini club both morning and afternoon.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The staff & show in lobby lounge

The resort did not have direct access to beach or provide chairs on beach The family room did not have appropriate bedding for a third person. The Sofa bed was not a bed at all & very uncomfortable. The A/C did not work in family room either.

The staff & show in lobby lounge

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Super hotel for short break
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

If you pay half board you don't get any money off the a la carte menu, you can only eat in the buffet. This was disappointing. Food quality in buffet is very good, but cafeteria- like. I don't want it every night. A mistake on hotels behalf to not allow use of a la carte restaurant for a supplement.

Exceptionally clean. Spacious rooms, great buffet.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Worth every penny
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

That we had to buy coffee at 3 euro for room for the morning- all though room coffee making facilities were there. But this was not a major problem at all.

Excellent in every way- breakfast was superb , location was priceless- Staff were very helpful- nothing was too much - always smiling. We used public bus(number 21) at €5.00 per person from Airport - the bus stop was right in front of the hotel. It took only 20 minutes. Going to city centre was also 15 minutes at €3.00 return journey. Safe streets at late night. The pool was crystal clear - all the areas were spotlessly clean , the decor was pleasure to eyes. Very helpful staff. They allowed us to use all facilities- pool , beach access etc and facilities to shower after check out at no extra cost.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Could have been better
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When I booked - your website clearly said "there is family entertainment every evening and there are kids activities". There were ZERO Kids activities - big disappointment. Family entertainment - there were songs every day. We had to go to Iberostar Cristina (which was a 4 star property) for entertainment as it was quite disappointing in Iberstar Playa De Palma Lastly - the whole concept of bathroom being open types was not ideal for a family.

Location was the best part of the property

We enjoyed the chill out zone.
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

We enjoyed the chill out zone. Room was clean and very comfortable with good views. Breakfast was excellent! And the Bluetooth speakers in room even better!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Nicely furnished rooms, very modern.
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

A lot of constructions on hotel buildings everywhere around the hotel for the moment - although you do not hear any noise in the hotel. Bathroomspace is open and only separated through a glass screen from the sleeping room, in this open space the toilet and shower are also only separeated through glass doors - so it is gets quite noisy if you go to toilet by night while the other one sleeps. It gets even worse if you dare to switch on the light. Fitness is not up to the level of a five star hotel

Nicely furnished rooms, very modern. No carpet on the floor

we liked the location as well as the outside pool area with...
    • Twin Room with Sea View

We did not like that when having half board that we have to pay for still water during dinner.

we liked the location as well as the outside pool area with the chill out zone. also the breakfast and dinner was great.

A nice place to relax and have fun
    • Twin Room with Partial Sea View

It is hard to find people in the restaurant to speak English. Some of the personnel are not trained to do their job. Also, it would be better if personnel could take other type of clothes. If you want to get the taxi through hotel (Iberoservice) make sure that you book the taxi 2 days before your arrival. otherwise there would be no taxi booked for you.

the hotel is well located close to the sea. It is easy to access the center of Palma using bus number 25 (faster bus). It take only 25mins to get to the center and the price is 1.5 euro. It take you to all nice places in the city. Bus stop is located in front of main entrance. you will good view of the sea from your balcony and it is convenient. I advise to take either breakfast or dinner as the food quality and type of food that are served are really good.

Short Break

The area is a bit shabby with a lot of building work but v convenient for trips to Palma.

The bedroom was incredible - very luxurious with a great bath. The sun terrace had great sunbeds and was very private.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

I am very happy i chose Iberostar Playa D Palma... you will take home the best memories with you.

Nil.

From services to room to food to ambience to location...I simply love them all! It is the best hotel I ever experienced. I was travelling for my birthday and it is simply just a great birthday treat for me. Staff are friendly and helpful. My room is clean and very sanitary, everything is complete. The location is just by the seaside with stretch of restaurants and shopping spot so its good for a good stroll or peoplewatch .I will definately return again.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Highly recommend this hotel from the amazing breakfast to...

Highly recommend this hotel from the amazing breakfast to the friendly staff. Very nice touch putting a bottle of champagne in our room for my birthday and comping us a degustation menu on arrival.

The whole family loved it and would def return!
    • Double Room (3 Adults)

Different choices in breakfast. It was delicious but same every day.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Loved the eggs at breakfast! Rooms were very clean and beds extra comfy!

wonderful
    • Double Room with Pool View (2 Adults)

entertainment could have been a little better.when we got there the first night was very good with two boys singing they were excellant after that we went to your sister holtel.

The whole thing was excellant.we had two massages which were wonderful.

Great place for a family break!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only downside was the drinks are a little expensive (and not included with dinner).

Clean, tidy, great food, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Modern rooms with luxurious bathrooms, pool and sea view from room balcony. Bus stop to Palma right outside, beach across the street!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Perfect family beach holiday
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The gym was a little pokey and without free weights; however we had use of a better gym (and indoor pool) at the sister property just over the road which worked out fine.

Clean, bright, spacious room, nice balcony with beautiful beach and pool views. Buffet breakfast and dinner were nothing short of fantastic both in terms of quality and variety. Very friendly, efficient and helpful staff. Only 15-20 Euros by taxi into the centre of Palma de Mallorca.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great location but felt cheated by the hotel at Majorca
    • Twin Room with Sea View

I had booked Full sea view room however what I got was partial sea view room and inspite of raising the concern nothing was done. I guess this is what happens when one uses booking.com instead of booking directly on the hotel website. I had paid a premium for the full sea view room and felt cheated.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great location. Modern and very clean hotel.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Indoor pool facilities. Slight inconsistency in service - mineral water replaced for first two days but then no water for rest of stay

The indoor pool is in the old hotel across road. Other than that facilities and staff are excellent. Very clean, contemporary hotel. Food is clean and hygienic.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The night receptionist was not speaking english and and not...
    • Double Room for Single Use

The night receptionist was not speaking english and and not very nice at all. Next day they wanted to charge me 3 times the rate I booked because they didn't have a proper communication with booling.com so it took me 45min to check out. The water from the shower was pooring into the toilette and next morning I got my socks all wet. They restrict a lot of websites.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Wonderful staff.

Location not great, but that's not the hotel's fault. Could have an indoor pool ?

Wonderful staff. We were given an upgrade and had a lovely room. Very good buffet. Very nicely refurbished. Great stay!

Browse Iberostar Playa de Palma traveller photo gallery