Reviews of Ruta Jacobea 3 stars

Lavacolla, 41, 15820 Lavacolla, Spain

#4 of 8 hotels in Lavacolla

Convenient for airport
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

I had to pay twice! The language barrier meant I couldn't insist I had paid already so had to pay again and now waiting for a refund.

Near the airport and love the transport to airport.

Another Great Stay
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Another great review from us as this hotel is simply a brilliant place to stay if you are coming in late from the airport or having an early flight. The shuttle is brilliant and we sincerely hope to be staying again at the Ruta Jacobea very soon. Thank you for having us.

This is a very convenient airport hotel, within a few...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

This is a very convenient airport hotel, within a few minutes drive of the airport terminal of Santiago de Compostela. The hotel shuttle picked us up even when we arrived after midnight. The room was quite large, and the staff extremely friendly.

A pleasant surprise
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

This is probably the easiest review I have ever written. We booked this hotel as a stopover for us as our flight was early the following morning. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a wonderful welcome. They gave us great advice and tips about the area and the rooms are clean and comfortable and we absolutely loved it. The room was a pleasant surprise and was impressed by the space of the room and the view of the gardens and walkway which took us to the village of A Esepexio, which is on the Camino de Santiago. But as a whole fantastic and brilliant hotel which also does a free shuttle to the airport. We are excited that my partner and I are visiting on the 26th June.

Worn out facility with worn carpet, raggedy walls.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Worn out facility with worn carpet, raggedy walls. Absolutely no wifi. Got better wifi from the hotel 400 meters down the street. Staff non existent, as they were all busy serving about 100 people there for communion parties. Would never stay there again.

The location and free airport shuttle were excellent. Front desk staff were quite rude.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Carpet in the room appeared not to have been vacuumed. Wifi did not reach to our room

When we arrived the staff seemed to be very busy dealing with a large party and were quite rude and had little time for us at the front desk. The WiFi did not reach to our room so we had to go to the lobby or hallway to use it. The carpet in the room had lint on it, there was stuff under the bed and there was a bobby pin remaining, which indicated it hadn't been vacuumed.

The bedroom was a lovely airy room with plenty of space.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

One of the staff serving us dinner was extremely rude and literally flung the food at us. My husband asked for a medium steak and it came out rare.

The bedroom was a lovely airy room with plenty of space.

Very friendly front desk when I was worried about my late...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Very friendly front desk when I was worried about my late flight and being able to get their free shuttle bus, all was very friendly and worked smoothly. Excellent buffet breakfast.

Give the next place a try instead!
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The staff were not polite. One man even walked out before he booked because of this. I think the hotel needs to decide whether to cater for pilgrims or tourists/locals. If you are a 'pilgrim' you are treated unlike any other place I have stayed on my walk along the Camino. You are given no time, no smiles and no nice food! Breakfast was poor - a lovely orange juice machine, with no juice. Tough ham, processed cheese and Bread, Bread and more bread. I imagine if you are staying as a usual guest, you would be happy. But I shall, unfortunately not be recommending this stop over.

The location was perfect to get to the airport.

Keep walking to Santiago
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The restaurant staff were very rude. If you are a pilgrim, it is better to walk to Santiago. The room was filthy. We had just walked 34 kilometers and I wish we had walked the other 9 km to Santiago. I think Alburgues would have been cleaner.

I thought that the grounds are very large.

Accomodations were fine othewise.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

In the early morning I had to leave early, at 7 AM, to catch a flight. I noticed that staff had to locate a key to unlock the front door from the inside to allow me to exit and meet the shuttle. This is a huge safety issue for me not to be able to evacuate this facility on my on accord during an emergency. There needs to be a release from the inside where all occupants can get out on their own, not locked inside by management or staff. Until they fix this huge problem I would tell anyone to stay elsewhere.

This is the place to stay to get ahead of the crowd on your...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The hotel was a little on the old side but who cares with a staff and food as good as it was.

This is the place to stay to get ahead of the crowd on your last day on the Camino. Great location and friendly staff. Best of all was the food and service from the bar. Delicious food and impeccable service.

The location was wonderful for our last night on the trail...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Wish we could have regulated our room temperature ourselves.

The location was wonderful for our last night on the trail before ending in Santiago. Don’t leave the hotel for dinner. Stay right where you are and go to the bar. The food was fantastic. Try the mango ice cream with the crepes. Simply delicious. The staff was wonderful. They attended to our every need (ice for a sprained ankle). Wonderful service.

Charmlng old hotel.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

You could hear everything from the all the rooms; the flushing of the toilets, water running from showers, even full conversations on the phone!

Nice and warm rooms, spacious beds. Great to have room service and a restaurant in the hotel. The hotel is a bit old and worn and could use an upgrade, but it gave it some charm.

the hotel is very close to the airport so very convenient...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

the hotel is very close to the airport so very convenient especially they have airport transfer. also restaurant was very good. great value for money set menu.

A very very convenient location for the airport and returning the hire car to just up the road.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Big cracks in the ceiling over the bed. For some reason they had painted the bath cream and most of the paint had come off leaving a nice white bath underneath. Pillows long and thin

standard hotel with friendly and helpful staff

Good option for short period near the airport
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

-Reception service. Main business core is probably the restaurant. Very often you need to find the receptionist in the restaurant. Walk all the restaurant till find him doing the service. - rooms a bit dated but mainly clean. - clenaning room service finishes very early. If you want to stay at bed a bit more probably only have service next day. But they will offer towells if needed. -a bit overpriced.

Very close to the Airport+ shuttle bus They arrange shuttle with the rent-a-car company just next to it.

Good for the money and super close to the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The room was super cold. It was -1degs Celcius outside and the room was super cold. I had to ask for an extra blanket as there was no duvet. I put the heater up to 30 degs and didnt feel it warmer until 3 hrs later

The size of the room was amazing. You had a bed a desk a sofa with a coffee table. So great!

Everything I could have hoped for before my flight home.

I liked everything.

I stayed here prior to my flight home after walking the Camino. The room service meal was fantastic and the staff were extra friendly. The early shuttle to the airport was very much appreciated.

Nice rest stop to conclude your Camino journey,
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Restaurant is a touch pricey.

Situated close to the airport. Free airport transfer. Relatively spacious room (twin beds). Complimentary water and fruits.

I love the excellent service of the front desk, a young man,...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The lady at the restaurant was not friendly, she gave me a very bad customer service. I don't want to go to that restaurant just because of her.

I love the excellent service of the front desk, a young man, who went out of his way to give me and my granddaughter an excellent service.

• Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Internet is not available in all rooms.

Great location. Very helpful staff. Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago are very welcomed. Vegetarian dinner is delicious.

WiFi connection poor in room, OK in corridor.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

WiFi connection poor in room, OK in corridor. TV only one channel selectable/available. Hairdrier did not work; overall no big issues just niggles. Good budget value.

Close to the airport
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Think there was a wedding on so it was a bit noisy .

For us it was a great location as it was close to the airport !! There is a bus stop outside the hotel which takes about 15 minutes to the town . Good room with comfortable beds .

Great location, near the airport, and they had free airport...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Great location, near the airport, and they had free airport shuttle. Dinner was available on the premises, and it was even formal dining! What a way to celebrate your last night in Spain!

• Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

This was a very convenient and good value hotel for going to/from the airport at Santiago. Basic but excellent example of its type with helpful staff and highly recommended for a the night before/after a flight.

Avoid.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The staff didn't want to deal with us because we were pilgrims. The real problem was the dirty room. There were stains all over the carpet. There were dead ants and bugs everywhere on the floor, furniture, windows. The bathroom floor had dirty spots, not stains, all over it. Hadn't been mopped or maintained at all. Found orange peels under bed along with a partial package of Panadol. Bed had been worn down on one side but my wife had a good night's sleep. Stay at the hotel slightly uphill on the opposite side.

The property has very fine dining and a Michelin star for their bar. The room was huge.

Brilliant service from the staff who looked after us. Hope the management of hotel appreciate them.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The staff were brilliant. The lady who checked me in , served me at the bar and organised a toothbrush and toothpaste was exceptional and this was also true of the staff for breakfast the next morning.

Food in restautant was outstanding.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The one bed was full of hair. I phoned to report it only to be told the bed can only be done in one hour. I had to contact the manager. Bed was then made in 10 minutes and we were offered a bottle of wine free of charge to compensate for discomfort.

Food in restautant was outstanding.

Very good.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The reception staff answered questions efficiently but without looking at us as people- just another peregrinos. The restaurant staff were truly pleasant.

The steak dinner was top class.

Airport hotel
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Saw no one at all once I had checked in. No staff around except for one receptionist constantly on the phone. I would have like an ice cream and a cup of tea but no staff on duty!

Booked here for free airport shuffle. Was worried that this would not arrive in time but new receptionist extremely helpful and said he would make sure I got to airport on time which he did. I was so grateful. He was very reassuring and helpful.

Fantastic restaurant!
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Air conditioner noisy and interfered with television when it switched on and off. Poor wifi in rooms.

Restaurant was excellent and exceeded all expectations- staff in restaurant also excellent in terms of service. Food was delicious and pilgrims menu was great value for money!

Very convenient near to airport.

Continental breakfast.

Very pleased to be welcomed at 02.15 am. Room more spacious than Premier Inn where we stayed previous night in London. All we needed as a stop before leaving for holiday further down the coast.

Rather large formal place. Felt underpatronised
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Confusion when I arrived - they seemed to think I had booked 3 rooms ! The bath which i had been looking forward to, was a little cracked and dirty. That was disappointing. The garden outside was nice and the airport shuttle in the morning very welcome.

Had to leave before breakfast. Restaurant very formal as was menu and, as always in Spain, very meaty. As a vegetarian it can be difficult to eat well in Spain but the salad I chose was nice and the dessert was fabulous

Not again.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Unfriendly staff. Outdated and stained carpet, room not as clean as other places we've stayed. Very pricey restaurant on site with little else available. Musty smell in room.

Convenient for airport.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Double glazing could be better with proximity to the airport. But very convenient for airport.

Very good breakfast Clean and comfortable accommodation.

Beware
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

We were walking doing The Camino de Santiago, and although they announced themselves as being on the Camino, they did not offer laundy service as other places did or any other alternative. Although the food was great, the dinning room had a strange set up. When we were having lunch, there was a huge dinner party and we had to go through it in order to exit the dinning room. In addition, when it was time to pay, we wanted to charge it to the room and they did not allow it because they had processed the bill as payment. The only hotel you had to tell them ahead that you wanted to charge it to your room. Weird.

The garden area was very nice.

Nice hotel, good value for money
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

There was no one on reception on arrival and i had to go through the restaurant which had people dining to find someone to check me in

The food served in the restaurant was exceptional and the staff were very friendly

Wonderful Restaurant !
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Very very old & run down room Wifi didnt work well The Food in the Restaurant was amazing but the size of it extremely big. I ordered a pilgrims menu including a Paella and got one that could have easily been eaten by 2-3 people - it was sad to send half of it back

The Restaurant Food was amazing! The free Shuttle to the Airport was Great!

Great for a rest after walking the Camino
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Pricy food and drink, but good bar and resturant nearby so no issue.

Great for access to santigo airport with free shuttle. Airport bus from city centre stops 150m from hotel. Great rooms and an excellent rest location After walking the camino, before returning home

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Close to Camino and Airport
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Breakfast was an extra payment, if you wanted it.

The motel is located very close to the Santiago Airport, and has a free shuttle back and forth, if needed. The property has very close access to the Camino de Compostelo.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Close to the Airport.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Very close to the Airport and friendly gentleman at reception who helped us late at night. This hotel also provides free shuttles to the Air port which is very convenient.

Perfect place to stay in Santiago
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Great hotel ! Perfect accomodation to work in/near the airport of Santiago. The room was really clean and the personel was very kind. I do recommend it !

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great airport hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The bedroom carpet was a bit old, stained and worn.

The hotel van! They took us and our bikes to the airport at 5:30am. That saved us from riding to the airport in the cold dark morning. We also liked the great restaurant on property.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Relaxing way to finish the Camino
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Advertised as free shuttle to airport, but after arriving found that this service doesn't start till 7:00am, to late to catch early flights. The staff did arrange for taxi though.

Close to airport, very friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

One of best stays on the Camino
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Everything was perfect - even putting a sign out for me to know where to stop (I was hiking the Camino de Santiago). Even had a full kitchen available - although I was sick when I stayed and didn't even eat anywhere. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Disingenuous marketing to Peregrinos.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

If you are a Peregrino, this hotel Is attractive. When you arrive you see lots of Peregrino-friendly art...alas, no food till the kitchen opens at 8. Peregrino menu is 22e. No coffee or breakfast till 7 or later. The hotel gets it completely wrong. Find an albergue instead.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The room was large and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The food is expensive, but is based on supply and demand. Not many places to eat within walking distance.

The room was large and comfortable. A great place to stay before the final walk into Santiago de Compostela. Located only 100 meters from the Camino.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Basic highway motel stop
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The toilet did not flush properly and when we advised the manager, she said "this is normal. So what do you want to do, go to a new hotel?" This was at 7 PM knowing that there's no other accommodation available in this little hamlet.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Check in staff was great.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The wait staff was overworked - I only saw 3 people for about 50 guests at dinner. Dinner was OK. Rooms are in need of updating.

Check in staff was great. Room was on the road, but not enough traffic to keep you up. Room had A/C and hear. Nice bathroom and new towels. Great stop before Santiago.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The rooms were dirty.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The rooms were dirty. I asked for the room to be cleaned again and it was still left dirty. Last people's belongings left in the room. Carpet not hoovered and sinks left with toothpaste in and around them from last visitors. And sink leaked all over the floor.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Perfect bit of comfort before the last leg of camino, means...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Due to it's proximity to the airport it's a bit bizarre to be in company of business men or normal travellers - not so much a complaint as a statement!

Perfect bit of comfort before the last leg of camino, means a short day on the last day.

price-quality and location
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

waiting time at the reception when arriving

price-quality and location

Breakfast buffet was off the charts amazing!
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Beds were not very comfortable. No laundry services available.

Breakfast buffet was off the charts amazing!

All above expectations.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

All above expectations. Including bed, breakfast etc.

Convenient for airport but that is really all.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The room was cold. We were told no heating could be put on. The furniture etc is a bit tired.

Room size was fine, and it was clean.

Beautiful grounds.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Our room was too hot to sleep in. Air-conditioning did not work.

Beautiful grounds. Good restaurant.

Close to the aeroport.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Close to the aeroport. Nice personal.

Dinner restaurant was great

Great hotel

Friendly staff

The size of the room and bed
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Bathroom floor was not clean

The size of the room and bed

A place to consider
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The water in the morning was cold

Huge room and the location is very good for who have transportation

Location!

All ok!

Location! Just next to airport. Nice, clean room.

The convenience of hotel to airport

The convenience of hotel to airport

Easy and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Every noise in the hotel audible in the room

Large bed

Near airport.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The air conditioning was too noisy.

Near airport.

Great Value & very convenient !

Great shuttle service to/from Airport

free airport shuttles

free airport shuttles

The restaurant.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

The restaurant. Food and service was great

Good for pilgrims needing to soak the cold wet weather away.
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

Bed was springy and sheets were thin. Restaurant is pricy.

Room has a tub and windows

Excelente Restaurante

Excelente Restaurante

A good end to my 40 day St. James Way.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Friendly staff . Free shuttle to the airport. Large airy rooms with clean bathrooms

Ok, plenty of space, impersonal

Dinner was too late for us at 8pm

We were on Camino so a nice bit of luxury for us before...
    • Double or Twin Room (2 Adults)

We were on Camino so a nice bit of luxury for us before walking into Santiago