Reviews of Hotel Sa Barrera - Adults Only 3 stars

Sa Barrera, 12, 07712 Cala'n Porter, Spain

#2 of 8 hotels in Cala'n Porter

We were welcomed by Roberto the owner.

I personally would have liked a little bit more of a private sunbathing area around the beautiful clean pool. I just felt people in the restaurant and on balconies look straight at the sun beds.

We were welcomed by Roberto the owner. Our room was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. We were staying at a different apartment after leaving the hotel. Roberto kindly agreed to hold our luggage for an entire day as we had to vacate our apartment early. That was going over and above and we are so grateful for his kindness. It really helped us out. The pizza dinner at the hotel was tasty and enjoyable. We would definitely love to stay at the hotel again.

If weather not good, need a car to explore island
    • Twin Room with Pool View

We had a car so we could drive down to the beach but without a car, the large number of steps down to the beach would deter some guests.

Hotel small, fairly old but guest rooms comfortable and it was very clean. We enjoyed supper outside the first evening but the next evening it rained and so had to be inside where they normally just serve breakfast which not ideal but it was October so not the hotel's fault. Food was better than at some of the other places we stayed, large quantities of good basic food, especially pasta dishes. Friendly staff. Good value for the amount of money we paid.

Good value, small hotel with charming staff and a relaxed vibe.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

It would be great if they just put the wifi password in the room. So many places make you go and ask. Why? just give us the password!

Great staff and every thing was really clean. Breakfast was pretty good and the view from the terrace was lovely.

A relaxing good quality hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View

Although showing on the website there were no cushions for the rattan sun beds which were too hard to lie on. Also the restaurant was a little pricey I.e. 14/15 euros for a pizza that cost 10 or 11 elsewhere although very nice

A lovely quiet hotel with helpful cheerful staff and a great pool. Good quality for 3 star rating

More than perfect
    • Twin Room with City View

This hotel is excellent. I could not fault anything during my stay. There was a great choice at breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice, pastries, bacon, eggs etc. The pool was excellent, very clean and was silent even when many people were out there, although at times there was no one. the rooms were a little on the small side but the balcony made up for it and made it feel spacious. the bathroom was great and had a lovely waterfall shower. the staff are so friendly and are always happy to help. and the food in the restaurant was fresh, homemade and delicious.

Staff were great, very friendly and helpful.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Hotel is a bit dated. Being adult so let it was super quiet, being late twenties we were the youngest by far. We wanted cocktails by the pool during the day which the staff did make but was quite tricky for them and they weee inexperienced in making them.

Staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Pool area was lovely and view of the beach from restaurant Is stunning!

Relaxing location
    • Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast which is continental and of limited variety.

We loved the location. Roberto and his staff are really helpful and friendly. The rooms are very clean and are serviced daily. All rooms are fitted with air conditioning which was really welcome everyday of our stay. The hotel is quiet and peaceful.even though it is close to all the bars and restaurants in the resort. We would highly recommend staying here to anyone thinking of staying in Cala n Porter. We will definitely be returning.

A perfect get away
    • Twin Room with City View

The noise of the insect things around the pool, however I'm aware there's not really much that can be done!

The service of the staff, the pool & pool area with outside toilet fasilties, view of the beach & the relaxed, helpful & friendly feeling of the hotel & staff. This was my 1st holiday abroad alone & I felt completely safe at the hotel & surrounding area.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Relaxed atmosphere with great service.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Parking was ok for time of year (May) but would be very restricted I feel during high season. Bar lacking some atmosphere.

Unique design. Excellent pool. Child free. Great views. Very good breakfast. Cleanliness. Staff really efficient & friendly.

Great staff, peaceful location, lovely nature.
    • Twin Room with City View

It was cold when we got there, heating could have been better in the room, but I suppose it isn't to be used often. There isn't much to do in the surrounding area in terms of going out if that's the main aim of your travel. Also, make sure you rent a car as public transport in off season is pretty much non existent, but the hotel itself really is great.

Staff were great, the property itself has a lovely outdoor area, breakfast was nice and location was good, considering it was an off season and there weren't many tourists around. It seemed we had our own private beach less than 5 minutes walk away. Overall, we had a great and relaxing stay, hotel was to thank for it too.

Bit of a Rip off!!!!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Sea View

I recently stayed at this hotel for my 50th birthday treat and paid 650.00 euros on a half board basis via the booking.com website. I was informed by the hotel that aside from the 650.00 euros I would also have to pay 1.10 per night per person for the city taxes. This should have been a total of 11.00 euros as I travelled with my daughter. Throughout our 5 day stay we never had the three courses which made up the evening meal element and only drank water (which should have been included in the half board ) So I was shocked when the owner charged an additional 27.00 euros on the morning that we left. When I questioned what the additional 27.00 euros was for, I was informed that it was for bar and restaurant taxes. I advised that we did not consume any alcohol or any additional food and beverage outside of the half board basis throughout our stay and therefore did not know what we were being charged for, but this seemed to fall on deaf ears and no reason was provided. The restaurant staff were lovely but I would not stay at this hotel again and would definitely not pay for half board as we had some gorgeous meals outside of the hotel which cost me a fraction of what I paid for half board basis. I was sorely disappointed about being ripped off, even when we had spent so much money for a 5 day stay. A real shame because we met some really nice people and the Island is absolutely stunning.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Well positioned hotel
    • Twin Room with City View

The shower in my third floor room wasn't always hot.

Very clean and well maintained hotel. Superb view over the bay from the terrace. Good choice buffet breakfast. Friendly staff. Convenient for the centre of Cala'n Porter.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Great location with beautiful views over the beach.

Everything was great

Great location with beautiful views over the beach. Close to the beach, restaurants and bars. Comfy beds, friendly staff and decent breakfast. About 15 mins walk to the cave club/bar which was amazing to watch the sunset from. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Menorca.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Staff excellent.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Rooms small and dated. Beds and pillows ridiculously hard. Absolutely no free toiletries just soap dispenser on wall.

Staff excellent. Well run hotel. Nice breakfast. Pool area good.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Perfect
    • Twin Room with Pool View

I would really struggle to find something wrong with the hotel. For a 3 star it exceeds expectations

Staff really helpful and efficient. Aircon great Very clean hotel

Fabulous!
    • Twin Room with Pool View

I have nothing to complain about - I had a wonderful time! Thank you to all the staff for making us so welcome.

Everything! Great location close to all the local restaurants and bars. The staff were delightful - so kind and helpful. Great, home-cooked food and everywhere was spotlessly clean and comfortable. This is a small, family-run hotel and the official rating is 3* but in terms of a warm welcome, food and comfort, for me it was 5*. I look forward to returning next year!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Living Menorca: A perl en Calan Porter
    • Double Room with Sea View

There was nothing I did not like

Lovely and relaxing hotel placed in a unique location in Menorca. There is really something particularly fascinating in the hotel position, the outstanding sea views, its the interior design, its peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. I was captivated by the gentle and warm hospitality of the hotel owner Roberto, the chef Franca and the hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Not worth the money and rude owner
    • Double Room with Sea View

The owner was arrogant and rude, acting like a tough guy with his sleeve tattoos when I questioned a form I had to sign that was written in Spanish that I didn't understand. I just wanted him to explain it but instead he said, I can call the police and they can come explain it to you. I hadn't had to fill one out in other countries I visited so I just wanted to know what I was signing. The room was a basic room for $300 a night. What a ripoff!

Great location - very close to a beautiful beach.

Great location - very close to a beautiful beach. Lovely swimming pool, very friendly staff and amazing food! Highly recommended

We were walking the Cami de Cavalls and really enjoyed the pool and view at the end of a long day

Fairly limited evening meal menu but we were travelling out of season

Fantastic views and breakfast was excellent.

Pizza and breakfast both lovely
    • Double Room with Sea View

Bed was a bit uncomfortable as were the pillows

Pizza and breakfast both lovely View amazing. Pool area great

Friendly and helpful service, and excellent pizzas

Friendly and helpful service, and excellent pizzas

Great home made Italian

Staff and dinner

Very nice people and very nice dinner.

Very nice people and very nice dinner. Great italian pizza. Good place to stay even in low season!

Great place, very good service...

After been hiking all day, the tub, filled with hot water, was a blessing.

Couldnt have chosen a more delightful place. Staff and Food excellent.
    • Twin Room with City View

Beds hard for our taste but this did not detract from our overall experience.

Atmosphere, staff, food all excellent.

as before excellent

Not proper double bed

Totally excellent especially the kind, cheerful full of life staff .

bed comfy
    • Twin Room with City View

breakfast pillows on bed to hard sun loungers round pool very un comfy rooms not very big, towels only changed every other day

bed comfy

SA BARRERA

The coffee

Not too big, good pool, well laid out.

Will return!
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Amazing breakfast, amazing bed, amazing hosts!

Will go again.
    • Twin Room with City View

Very relaxing and peaceful setting. Ideal location. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Meals were good; can recommend the cocktails at the pool.

Peaceful and relaxing hotel.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Lovely, quiet and peaceful. Staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Beautiful view from the terrace over the beach.

Booked again for October!
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Fantastic staff, wonderful breakfast and very relaxing.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Brilliant little hotel
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Very clean, nice pool, very comfortable sunbeds, the view. Fabulous staff.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Should be more than a 3 star - excellent hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View

Great hotel, lovely staff, good food, great location and very peaceful. Should be more than 3 star

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great for a few days if you want to relax.

All ok

No children . Small n friendly .

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great weekend at Sa Barrera

No wifi in the room

Excellent breakfast

Lovely hotel beautiful view
    • Twin Room with City View

Friendly welcome lovely breakfast fantastic location

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Peaceful and relaxing

Nothing negative

The service and the location were fantastic

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Amazing place and the kindest staff there is.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Amazing place and the kindest staff there is. They treated us as if we were family. Perfect location. Delicious food, clean, quiet and cosy rooms.

Great value and experience

Everything was wonderful.

The hotel is in a beautiful location with great views. The staff is wonderful -- like family. The restaurant is very good.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Pillows were rather hard

Pillows were rather hard

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Recommend a stay at Sa Barerra
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Great location and seaview. End of season so was quiet but I loved that! Great hotel food

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Very friendly staff, nice pool and very good breakfast.
    • Twin Room with City View

Very friendly staff, nice pool and very good breakfast. And a good room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

our week in Menorca
    • Double Room with Sea View

I found the beds and pillows uncomfortable

the peace and quiet

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Well recommended.
    • Twin Room with Pool View

Not much choice for breakfast however what was available was fresh and tasty.

Lovely views from the terrace.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Very enjoyable stay
    • Double Room with Sea View

Pillows were a little hard for my taste (being picky I know)

Food at the hotel restaurant is absolutely fantastic.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Perfect location, lovely staff , amazing out door area with...
    • Twin Room with City View

Perfect location, lovely staff , amazing out door area with pool , lovey views . Really quite , perfect holiday .

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Lovely quiet hotel, great staff and amazing food

No hotel transfers available

Adult only hotel Very friendly staff Best pizza

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Really nice place, nice room, balcony and restaurant.
    • Twin Room with City View

Staff a bit slow when ordering food, but I didn't mind so much as I had a lovely view.

Lovely outdoor area, great pool, lovely restaurant seating.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Staff were lovely.

Can't think of anything I didn't like.

Staff were lovely. Pool area very nice too. Have stayed here a few times in the past. Always enjoyed our stay. Pizzas are really nice and freshly made too.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

This was our third stay at this hotel and it matched up to...

This was our third stay at this hotel and it matched up to all our previous experiences. The location is great with wonderful views and Roberto and his staff cannot do enough for guests.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

The staff were fantastic!

The decor is quite old fashioned. The pillow was not very comfortable. The bar at the end of the road had loud music playing until 4am, this did not bother us at all, we liked the fact there were bars and restaurants very close to the hotel, but this may bother other travellers.

The staff were fantastic!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

The staff couldn't be more helpful.

Although the breakfasts were great, we only ate one dinner (we were B&B) - an experience we didn't repeat as the food (breaded lamb cutlets) was very dry. That said, it wouldn't stop us going back

The staff couldn't be more helpful. Sa Barrera has a wonderful, quiet, classic atmosphere - perhaps helped by their '16's and over only' policy

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Excellent small adults only hotel, staff could not do enough...

Food was excellent all home cooked, certainly not microwave meals, but limited in choice, wished there were a few more options.

Excellent small adults only hotel, staff could not do enough for you and in an idyllic setting, must be one of the best views in Cala en Porter.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

Le petit déjeuner très copieux et varié.

La plage accessible par une centaine de marches mais le propriétaire de l'hôtel n'y peut rien. La chambre de petite taille (15 m2) Le manque de variétés de desserts au restaurant pour le dîner (deux). Nous avions choisi cet hôtel notamment pour son parking privé par rapport à son concurrent, mais il n'y a que 5 places environ. Heureusement, à cette époque de l'année, il y a de la place dans la rue. Nous avons payé un supplément pour avoir la vue sur la mer. Je m'attendais donc à voir la plage de notre chambre. Or, nous avions une vue sur la piscine et un peu sur la mer. Autant regarder la mer de la terrasse du restaurant ou du mirador à proximité

Le petit déjeuner très copieux et varié. Les bains de soleil et coussins très confortables, les parasols à la piscine

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful - nothing was too much...

Staff were friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Room had everything we wanted, food excellent (breakfasts were great and we eat in every evening). Quiet location and early in the season but there were a good number of people staying at the hotel. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Staff very friendly!

Staff very friendly! Couldn't do more for you.

• Reviewed: 25 April 2016

friendly and relaxed atmosphere

friendly and relaxed atmosphere

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The personal service from both the proprietor and his...

My particular room had a very poor view and the balcony was always in the shade.

The personal service from both the proprietor and his daughter.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Peace and quiet.

Nothing to complain about

Peace and quiet. Friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2015

Great location, lovely hotel, great staff.

Great location, lovely hotel, great staff. Breakfast was excellent, had a great mini break and would definitely go back.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

The staff couldn't do enough for you, they were all very...

The staff couldn't do enough for you, they were all very friendly and helpful. Really recommend this hotel and the food was amazing

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Great location, staff were excellent, we will be back.

Great location, staff were excellent, we will be back. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Very close to everything.

Very close to everything. Would go back

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Breakfast , staff and room very good.

No negatives

Breakfast , staff and room very good.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Beautifully maintained property in a fab location

Beautifully maintained property in a fab location Staff very friendly and attentive

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The view was amazing and the staff was always helpful and...

The view was amazing and the staff was always helpful and really friendly

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Lovely peaceful hotel, good pool, good breakfast

Lovely peaceful hotel, good pool, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The staff is great!

The staff is great! Súper friendly! Breakfast excellent great place

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

Small and friendly hotel.

Small and friendly hotel. Good comfortable very clean rooms. Ideal location. Not a big noisy hotel ideal if you want a quite relaxing holiday

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

One word EVERYTHING

One word EVERYTHING

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

Everything was just great - location, staff, meals, room and...

Everything was just great - location, staff, meals, room and pool.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

All very good

All very good

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Sa Barrera - Adults Only traveller photo gallery