Reviews of Hotel SB Plaza Europa This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Carrer de les Ciencies 11-13, Sants-Montjuïc, 08908 Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain

#14 of 87 hotels in Hospitalet de Llobregat

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Best place for Fira Barcelona. Not best for tourism.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was smaller than I thought. No shampoo or body wash. Only has hand soap. Bathroom door was sqeaky and bottom of it was falling apart every time we open the door.

One of the best breakfasts I had compare to other Spain hotels. Staffs were nice and kind. Best place to stay if you are attending any events on Fira Barcelona.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite,lovely room on the top floor...
    • Suite with Spa Bath

shower would leak out onto flooring from underneath shower door.

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite,lovely room on the top floor,bed was very comfortable and the staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Very close to FIRA and nice bar with value for money drinks
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms far to warm and no way to lower the temperature than open a window which let’s the street noise come in.

Very close to FIRA and nice bar with value for money drinks

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

• Double or Twin Room

the hotel is very dark - even the corridors to the rooms, the reception etc... sad because its got plenty of windows but the lighting is dim in general

all was well... just no body cream which i find strange for a 4 star.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Would stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

The cooked breakfast was cold. The bathroom door was sticking and snapped my nail off.

I loved the style of the hotel, the staff were lovely & the beds so comfortable. Our view was amazing!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Overall quite good.
    • Double or Twin Room

Hairdryer not powerful enough, coffee in room was disgusting and milk powder provided was even worse, nice to have the tea/coffee in the room but not good quality products provided - although presentation was very good. Mini-bar had limited selection but reasonable. Service was friendly, but sometimes slow when busy at the bar/restaurant. Did not like seeing or being in the lifts with hot, sweaty guests wearing very ragged and old bath gowns - going back to their rooms after using the solarium - eww !!!

Overall quite good. The decor, comfort, good strong shower, deli counter, onsite bar and food was all good quality and good prices. Bed was superbly comfortable and pillows were awesome. Towels were proper bath size towels and good quality and soft.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Perfect!

Thank you for your help. Every staff member were very helpful and polite. Extra thanks to the cleaning staff. You do an amazing job. The beds were comfortable, temperature of the room was perfect and the food as well. All round great experience.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

The location was fine and inside the rooms were clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not thought through. Always running out of food and not replacing it. Poor service you even had to go from table to table to find salt or pepper. My son left his jumper in the room at check out when we contacted the hotel they said they did not have it......it says a lot about the security of the place or lack of vetting for staff on room service, either way it was concerning The carpet in hallway leading to the bedroom is filthy, old and appear as if someone had poured bleach on it. Each day there was paint scrapings on the carpet.

The location was fine and inside the rooms were clean. Staff were polite and tried to be helpful.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Stylish, comfortable and friendly.
    • Quadruple Room

We would have like to have a bit more time to see more of the hotel. Wifi a little difficult to access but we got there in the end. Taxi to airport security xpensive. An airport shut would be really appreciated.

Great decor- we liked the quirky style. Friendly, helpful staff. It was nice to get a room upgrade too.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Perfect place for a vacation, wish we could have stayed longer :)
    • Double or Twin Room

the staff were very hospitable and accommodating, specially the Filipina staff which we forgot her name, taught us how to use the train station system in barcelona too. the breakfast was really sumptuous. the place has great interior modern design that we really love and very cozy. We had the perfect stay and we'll definitely stay in this hotel once more. :)

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Great for Fira Barcelona events
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower wasn’t powerful and metal shower head kept falling off. Hair dryer wasn’t powerful and took forever to dry my hair.

Good location for Fira Barcelona events. Good breakfast. Good sized room. Nice view from 9th floor. Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Once I check out I left with my group to the port to board my cruise, then I realize I left my outfit in the room. I call back the hotel to check for it and they told me they would check to call back in 10 minutes. When I call back 10 minutes later they told me they didn't have time to check and I should communicate with tell via email. Poor customer service.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

Very clean, staff friendly and helpful.

The restaurant needs sneeze guards around the food at their buffet. One of my dishes came to me frozen in the middle. They didn’t understand the difference between poppyseeds and pumpkin seeds nor what maple syrup was. A dessert we ordered from their menu was to have both poppyseeds and maple syrup but came with neither. When asked for the poppyseeds they brought pumpkin seeds and had no clue as to maple syrup.

Very clean, staff friendly and helpful. Close to shopping.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Awful experience
    • Double or Twin Room

We had nothing but problems at this hotel from beginning to end. They said the hotel had air conditioning but it never worked properly and we told him 3 or 4 times and they never fixed it.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

This was my third time to stay at SB Europa...would stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only problem I had was that faucet had a leak so when water was turned on, floor got wet. I like bathing amenities like designer shampoos and lotions.....

Front desk was awesome...very personable and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

I had a good time.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

I had a problem with the door to the bathroom. It was a little misshapen because of the water it apparently used be exposed to. No toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion)... Only liquid soap in the shower. That was a bummer. It also felt like the staff was a little in a rush to get rid of me.

Very nicely decorated hotel. Good experience overall.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

I was very happy with the quality and comfort, the service...
    • Double or Twin Room

I had a slight disagreement with the person whom I believe to be the manager of the restaurant on the night shift. I am an athlete (Arnold Classic) and I was on a diet, around 9 or 10 pm I went to the restaurant and asked the waiter to warm a small pot with 100g of chicken, she said ok, one the supervisor roughly crossed and said no why the rules of health surveillance. I do not mind paying to stay in the best hotel and I believed that this would be so good to the bridge that I could obtain this kindness. in the rest the hotel is excellent and you are of congratulations.

I was very happy with the quality and comfort, the service of the reception and the bars was excellent. really the workers are great people.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

The location was good.

Room service not available 24h/7. One night we wanted to eat and drink on the rooftop terrace and the staff told us that we can't do both. We had to eat at the restaurant and to drink separately on the rooftop. The water in the pool was very cold.

The location was good. The hotel is near bus and metro station. The rooms are big. We took the junior suite. Very clean rooms and tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Overall a good stay
    • Double or Twin Room

I just didn’t like the dividing wall in the rooms with the tv on ! Gave it a small room feel, better if more open plan.

Clean contemporary property. Very friendly staff. Very quiet at night considering location.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Overall pleasant stay

Room was smaller than expected and so was the rooftop pool rather small. Breakfast was a bit overpriced per person per day and the room service food was average.

It was very clean and tidy. Staff were extremely nice and helpful. Atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing. Beds were comfortable and facilities were excellent.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

• Double or Twin Room

Thank you to Norlyn in the reception the star of all staff in SB Hotel. She’s very kind,friendly and helpful. We had very quick and easy check in with welcome drinks and a bottle of champagne for my birthday. The hotel is very clean and nice. The room is spacious.The pool and bar at the rooftop is fantastic. Hotel SB plaza should rate as 5 star hotel. I would recommend this hotel and I would like to come again soon.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Very kind and amenable staff.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Quite a ways outside the city but not prohibitive with public transportation.

Very kind and amenable staff. Room was clean with a great terrace. Close to metro stop.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Everything about the hotel was lovely, we had a large room...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a wedding at the hotel on Saturday, meaning the rooftop terrace and pool were completely closed to hotel guests from 3pm. Would have been useful to know this prior to booking as we were only staying at the hotel for the weekend and the rooftop pool was a deciding factor when making the booking.

Everything about the hotel was lovely, we had a large room with everything you would need. Rooftop pool was a nice place to relax after a busy day. Staff were very friendly and spoke very good English! The hotel is minutes away from the metro which made getting around the city easy.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Friendly staff overall.
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Not clean but tidy, no attention to detail. The cleanliness does keep up to its 4* rating, change of cleaning team maybe? Like the mascara on the mirror the entire week I was there, how long before and after it will remain there I don’t know, I checked it could be scratched off. Dust found in the wardrobe just from the naked eye. The pool staff coming to clean the pool hours after the public have access to the pool and bar area around 9AM and not before 7AM, from what I saw on the two mornings I was there they didn’t clean the pool, nobody cleans the windows surrounding the rooftop at all, that was me being there for one week. All though I only ate there once for lunch the food was overcooked but the price was good. My youngest daughter only 6 complained about the room size multiple times and the lack of any type of view, I just quickly got use to it. I think it shouldn’t be called a Triple room but a regular room with an extra bed its misleading.

Friendly staff overall. Use of Sauna\Steam room and gym. Beautiful view from roof top. Nice interior. Bedding and towels changed everyday overall tidiness from a glance kept to good standard. Easy access to public transport. Shopping mall, supermarket and restaurants all within a 5 minutes walking distance.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Adequate

The hallways were dirty The website was misleading in terms of the pool and gym size The entire time we were there (6 days) equipment in the gym was labelled as not working and wasn’t fixed

Close to the plaza

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Staff was very friendly and the room was OK.
    • Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool is very small and people were in it dressed and with slippers. Area around it was dirty and smelly on cigarette butts and sweet drinks. Check in system is terribly slow, it took staff round 10 min per room to issue the keys.

Staff was very friendly and the room was OK.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

The staff are very friendly and will do what ever they can...
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The location of the hotel is one downside but there is a metro station only a few minutess walk away that takes you into town and else where, plus the size of the hotel pool is very small my bath at home is bigger haha

The staff are very friendly and will do what ever they can for you, the hotel is nice and clean

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

We needed it for 1 night,so it was acceptable.
    • Quadruple Room

Hotel is under maintained and balcony door in our room was broken and couldn’t be locked.Balcony is lacking privacy and because of of the problem with the door we had to hear load conversations of our neighbors until 2:30 a.m.Air-conditioning barley felt and we asked reception to check it,but they said that they will notify technician on next day

Hotel staff was super friendly and helpful,upon arrival we were greeted with free drink and our room was ready early

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Everything was good and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The swimming pool at the roof terrace was a huge disappointment. Much smaller than it appeared on the pictures. We didn't even feel like trying it after we'd been looking forward to swimming. At night we would have liked to stay there on the roof, but then it was not allowed.

Everything was good and comfortable. The gym and sauna especially.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Nice and clean
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great rooftop pool with a bar and view over the city. We stayed in a family room with a terrace where we could eat light meals and have a drink at night

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

view from the roof top pool was excellent!

Nothing, wouldn’t change a thing.

view from the roof top pool was excellent! Across from the shopping mall was great and convenient. Great cafes next door. The staff was excellent and very helpful! Clean and comfortable. Would stay again next time in Barcelona.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

I can recommend this hotel for people who want to stay near the airport and all attractions too
    • Double or Twin Room

Very slow staff. You can expect to check-in after 30-40 minutes after arriving if there is no queue. Parking is not free even you leave your car only for check-in.

Good place to stay if you need go to the airport after checkout. Good mall near the hotel, but it doesn't work on Sunday - almost everything is closed this day so you have to go to the touristic areas. Pool is small but has a great view to the new district.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

great location with good value of money

was everything perfect.

Stuff was very freidnly & helpful. Very near by Gran Via 2 Shopping Mall. Bus station is just 4 min walk to take you to the main station Pool & Spa was perfect & i was lucky to have sunny day.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

o.k. hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

1. a bit far away from the city center and beaches (though, near to bus and metro stations) 2. relatively small rooms

1. very clean, modern hotel 2. nice, comfortable bed 3. close to shopping center

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

A great base to visit Barcelona, affordable luxury!
    • Double or Twin Room

The only things I can honestly say where not great were the tea bags and the WiFi on occasions.

The hotel was clean, modern, and had everything you could need. Close to the airport BCN, and a couple of stops on the train to the centre of Barcelona. Shopping mall and restaurants a stroll across the road.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Comfy bed, rooms spotless, lovely Asian man on reception.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool bar doesn't open till 12.00 so water you have to collect from your room. not enough sun beds no pool towels Very poor internet.

Comfy bed, rooms spotless, lovely Asian man on reception.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

This Hotel was fantastic 4 Years ago. Now its slowly going down.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooftop pool water was dirty full of hair. The panorama glass wall next to the pool looked like they cleaned it 2 years ago. Something was smelly on the 7th floor every day. The bath tub was sized for a 3 year old infant and the shower fell out of the holder. There was no shower cap and tooth brush set. The soap was like a dried out piece of stone. Minibar is very expensie. The TV on the wall used to be bigger (they cahnged it to a smaller one) and the USB port was not working and the whole panel was sticky. The TV remote controller was not even the original one and it work very strange. Once the TV turned on again by itself after 3 minutes. The walls could use some fresh paint as i see the scraches and usage from other guests. This was a very nice and new Hotel 4 years ago. Now its slowly running down as the lack of maintanance. I booked blind as i truested my experience from 2014. Very disappointed for what i got for this money! On my next trip to Barcelona i will stay somewhere else :(

The location is great as you have a big shopping mall on the other side of the street (save money and dont pick breakfast in the Hotel as its not worth it). Just another 5 minutes of walk and you can get on the FGC train what will bring you to Placa Espanya and from there you can get around the whole city.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Fabulous place to stay

If you're not keen on walking then it's taxis to most 'popular' destinations, wasn't really an issue though, enjoyed the exploring on foot.

Fabulous decor in reception, great facilities and didn't seem to get too crowded at any point. Staff were all helpful, good atmosphere

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

The staff at the reception desk was kind - they gave us a...
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff at the restaurant is not that kind. They didn’t allow me to have my breakfast before paying for it, though it could be easily charged onto the room’s bill. Besides the breakfast is too poor for a breakfast at cost of €15.

The staff at the reception desk was kind - they gave us a free upgrade to a superior room & allowed us to check out later. The hotel is not far from Plaça Espanya (just 4 stops away - about 8mins - if you use the underground)

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Perfect Place to stay for first time in Barcelona as ideal location for airport and centre
    • Double or Twin Room

One staff member didn't seem to think he could phone a taxi to come to hotel but someone else helped. It was a little strange as he was friendly but didn't seem to know this. We still rate staff as excellent as others went above and beyond.

Complimentary drinks and lovely outdoor seating area to relax with drinks before going back up to room. Rooftop bar and pool were stunning although a little crowded so get there early! Staff were just wonderful and helped with all enquiries!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

They have a nice rooftop pool and terrace and the location...
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

It had received a high rating for couples and despite specifically asking for a double room, we ended up getting a twin room. Great start to a long weekend. Not to mention the staff were extremely unhelpful despite politely requesting our initial booking to be honoured. It’s probably worth mentioning that the reception area can get crowded with ridiculous waiting times for the most mundane things such as the activation of a dummy key that they provided.

They have a nice rooftop pool and terrace and the location is alright as it’s next to a shopping centre and a carrefour.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Very pretty
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

They charged me 75 euros on the mini bar even thou that booking.com did say this was included with the room which to my surprise I wasn’t to happy about

I liked the room the facilities and the balcony was excellent the staff could’ve been more friendly and fluent in English as they didn’t always understand the questions

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

5 days i Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room

We've got ugly room with no air condition at arrival, I've complained and the second day they gave us a good room for the rest of our stay.

Friendly staff, pool on the roof, room service very good, luggage compartment after check-out.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Great stay in Barcelona
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The Property was a bit out of town but just a short Taxi ride and not that expensive

Everything about this property was great. I was here on a business trip, I was along with business colleagues and the facilities were just great particularly the rooftop bar and pool are a great place to relax after work or soak up the sun if you have time, although the pool is a bit small, it’s still adequate.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Average
    • Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was not a good experience. The food was satisfactory, steak over cooked and flavours promised did not deliver, the service very slow and inconsistent. We cancelled our last drinks because we waited far too long for them. The internet did not load.

Comfortable room, quick check in and out. Beautiful and well appointed hotel.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Great hotel!

Location is great for getting away from the noisy busy city centre. But should you want to go sightseeing, No direct metro line to the gothic quarter. But, the great things about this hotel far far outweighs this one location issue.

Extremely clean, modern and stylish hotel only few stops from the airport by metro. Food and drinks extremely reasonably priced. No issue with noise. Amazing view on the roof. Great facilities. Very comfortable hotel...you wouldn’t mind not going to the city centre!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Overall it was a great stay, the hotel has everything I needed during my stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

No free still water compliment from the hotel and the tap water has metal taste.

I spent 5 nights for a conference in Fira Gran Via. It was only 7 minutes walk from the hotel so it was convenient. The bed was comfy and the room was very clean. The location of this hotel is not on the center, but it took only 8-10 minutes walking to the nearest Metro and bus station (and only 15 minutes from and to the airport). In addition there were big shopping mall in front of the hotel and lots of restaurant nearby. The staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

English review
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Just thought the restaurant staff were more bothered about the people there on business, rather than people there on leisure. A little bit far away from all the action if your looking to go out and the beach. Taxi is €20 to the beach and €20 back.

Very clean and lovely facilities. Great looking pool and view. Room was really nice and cleaners did a really good job every day.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Check your reservation before arrival

I booked a 31 m2 room just few hours before my arrival. I found myself in a small room about half of the ordered one. They said they were sorry for that. Next day they gave me a 50% discount on the room.

Good location for Fira Congress center

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Location, cozy decoration, easy access to metro, a mall...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room not very clean, someone smoked and left a cigarette on the floor. Has no hot food for breakfast, coffee is quite light.

Location, cozy decoration, easy access to metro, a mall right opposite to the hotel, late check out

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Clean, safe and friendly straff.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Wished for healthy choices at breakfast - crisp bread, vegetables, fresh orange juice instead of lemonade and why not use real eggs for scrambled? More supervision of the corridors at night - we had three nights of banging doors and shouting and sometimes screaming like ’let me in’ until 4 am. I actually thought of calling the police because it sounded violent. You did not get our safe to work at all, despite four visits by the technitian. Quick fix is not always the solution. Every time it worked once and then ’blocked sector 2’ as I told you every time... Details but important to me for the overall feeling. Then a deposit for pooltowels on the roof - very unprofessional, you need to find another system. I felt like a thief when she asked me for 15 euros. If some have stolen your towels does not mean that I will.

Clean, safe and friendly straff. I liked the key to use the elevators!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Memorable stay in Barcelona.Loved it !!

I had a lovely stay at the Sb Hotel. Very friendly staff and good service .Decor of entrance of hotel, simply loved it. I had breakfast and dinner at hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. Room was clean and tidy and loved the decor Gran via mall right across the hotel.I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Good location if you attend Fira Barcelona.
    • Double or Twin Room

I missed a table in my room - was not so easy to work with the notebook in the bed - no other possibility

Good location if you attend Fira Barcelona. Good communication to Pl. Espania, but not so convenient to the center of the city.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

WILL RECOMEND
    • Double or Twin Room

DIFFICULT AND NO SAFE TO GET OUT FROM SHOWER BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO STAND ON END OF BATH TUB WHERE BOTTOM IS NOT LEVEL AND NOT FLAT. NOTHING TO HOLD.

NICE AND CLEAN, GOOD AREA, CLOSE TO TRANSPORTATION

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Excellent value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

New. modern and clean hotel. Location is not the touristic part of the city. Excellent breakfast with variety of choices. Should you have a car rented, I would definitely recommend. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

AWESOME hotel. Will stay again!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very little things! An issue was that there are no spoons in the room even tho they have coffee/tea making facilities and when I asked over the phone they said I need to go to the restaurant and ask for one. It's a very weird omission from the room that I hope they would fix it! The other thing I would recommend is to vacuum and shampoo the common corridor on the floors - where I was it was a bit dirty. The room itself tho was super clean.

This is a REALLY awesome hotel. I was able to check in much earlier than normal time and they even upgraded my room without asking for it (+ I was able to have breakfast free of charge) - Thank you to the handsome Eric who checked me in! The hotel is stunningly beautiful inside (looks a bit drab from the outside but DON'T let it fool you. It's one of the nicest looking lobbies I have seen, it's a pleasure sitting there and the room was beautiful!). All my questions and requests were met promptly. The staff are top class and very friendly. The bed was very comfortable and the TV is a big LCD type with a connection for HDMI. It's just across the road from an amazing big mall with everything you need. Line 46 takes you directly to the Airport and it's not far from the city centre (10-15 minutes on train) although you need to change a train after a stop or two to the subway system if you want to get to The Rambla for example but it's a very small price to pay to get value for money and be closer to the airport.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

fanstic stay at hotel with excellent facilities staff and a beautiful room!
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Fantastic stay with excellent facilities, we had an evening meal at the restaurant which was very well cooked and generous portions too! We had several delicious breakfasts too. We had hoped it was slightly closer to central Barcelona but it was easy to find our way on the metro or by taxi. We were also very grateful for the Cava on arrival as we were celebrating our anniversary.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Sb hotel - not the best choice

The pool is not like on the picture. It's very small. And if you book a standard room don't expect a balcony, instead you may end up with a view to a wall. The staff was very helpful especially the girl with the blonde hair (I'm sorry I didn't catch her name). Clean rooms, nice lobby. The location is ok if you don't mind to commute.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Lovely hotel, great staff, good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar on the roof was closed for the entire time we were at the hotel and so we had to go down to the ground floor bar each time we wanted a drink - this wasn't very good at all. Also, the air conditioning in the room wasn't very good - not very cold and noisy

The hotel was very nice and in the perfect location to explore Barcelona. The staff were also excellent and a real credit to the hotel. Its located just a 10 minute taxi ride from the centre but is very close to local shops, bars and a large shopping centre which was just a few minutes walk from the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Staff were lovely, all spoke english and were very helpful,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Didn’t receive early check in as was told, pool not as big as pictured & pool bar only open late afternoon early evening.

Staff were lovely, all spoke english and were very helpful, rooms smart and clean. Location ok! Welcome drinks on arrival.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Lovely hotel in a lovely city
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Thought the price was a bit high for room only

Having a terrace and also an excellent location near to shops and restaurants. Well maintained and very clean

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Would one million percent recommend!
    • Double or Twin Room

Only downfall for me was the pool bar as it wasn’t in use so we’d have to go down 8 floors to get a drink from reception.

We arrived to check in and instantly the staff member who served us took our suitcases and said we’d been upgraded to a jacuzzi suite just because the hotel was rather booked up! The swimming pool was excellent and the staff at reception were incredible.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Fantastic
    • Double or Twin Room

The bacon and eggs could have been warmer, even though we was a little late coming down.

The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much bother. The hotel was clean. Bar staff very good.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Perfect!
    • Double or Twin Room

We should have stayed longer!

What a lovely hotel! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel very welcome. The staff were extra friendly and no question went unanswered. The hotel itself is a 25 minute metro from the airport (or 10minutes in a taxi). The hotel was also two stops away from the magic fountain (a must see) and the main metro lines. We checked in no problem, we checked out no problem, we was able to leave our cases as we had an extremely late flight and they didn’t mind us taking up some of the comfy couches in the lobby to get ourselves sorted for the flight. There is a shopping mall over the road which has everything you need! We only had a short weekend for the formula 1 but overall we had an excellent stay.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Was a lovely surprise, as my partner surprised me for my birthday
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking within the hotel could have been free considering how much you pay for the hotel room to stay. Some channels on TV could be in English as well.

The hotel location is ideal, we had a rental car which came in handy. Room service was excellent and good choice of food for breakfast. The room was lovely and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Nice, comfy hotel if you attend Fira de Barcelona or go to/from the airport
    • Double or Twin Room

Location if you want to visit Barcelona

Location if you need to be in the business/fair district at l'Hospitalet or if you are going to/from the airport Breakfast Forthcoming, smiling and helpful staff

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Nice modern hotel which was fantastic value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room with Terrace

The only slightly annoying thing was that there wasn't a full length mirror in the room, but in the grand scheme of things, not massively important.

Really nice hotel with modern yet a bit quirky interior. Room wasn't huge but sufficed. The terrace/balcony was nice but a bit of a shame it was covered so wouldn't get the sun. Sauna and steam room facilities a nice bonus. Didn't see the pool as unfortunately it rained the whole trip. Location wise it was ideal. Far enough from Las Ramblas to be extremely good value, but only 2 short metro's to most of the main places in central Barcelona. Alternatively a tax was only about 15EUR. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

completely satisfied with the hotel but disappointed by the location
    • Double or Twin Room

we felt that we were given false information by trip adviser as the location for what we wanted was a little remote from the city we felt given a rating of 8.5 it would have been closer, but the bus service was first class

we were very impressed with everything in the hotel but did not have much food as we felt the breakfast was to expensive, but the lounge bar food was excellent,Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was first class

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Fantastic modern hotel that's hard to fault - would stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooftop bar wasn't open Location but aided by the nearby bus stop and handy to the airport Hair dryer didn't work so well

Clean and modern rooms with a great view especially from the rooftop which stays open late. Comfortable Friendly staff, good restaurant and service behind the bar. A few restaurants and convenience shops near the hotel too including a Lidl. Location is a bit out of the city but there's a bus stop outside the hotel which can take you to Plaza Espana in ten minutes or further if needed. Cross over the other side to the bus stop which will take you back to the airport.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

1. Nice breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Expensive 2. On the first day we were asked to payoff the whole amount. However the credit card reached the limit when we paid the 800 out of 1000 euros. As a result, we left with 200 euros to be paid. On the third day, we had NO ACCESS to our room WITHOUT ANY NOTICE, because of the amount pending. We paid and then the hotel stuff gave us access again. IMHO however, this was unacceptable

1. Nice breakfast 2. Good location 3. Comfortable room

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Great hotel. Definitely consider staying here.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were very happy to help. Room was big and clean. Bed was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was good value and tasty. Very close to buses and trains so being a little out of Barcelona was no problem. Very close to shopping centre which had a grocery store and restaurants ranging from hamburgers and kebabs to very nice pasta.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

comfortable and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

stated close to the airport and had a shuttle service we spent money on a cab and then you arranged a uber to the airport. no free shuttle. the roof top bar was closed so no tapas and drinks to see the sunset.

clean and the price

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Would highly recommend!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a bit small but honestly didn’t take away from the experience. Pool very small but still lovely and clean.

Hotel was immaculately clean. The rooms were spotless and decor lovely. Staff very friendly and helpful especially reception staff.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Great hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better. And one side of the room wall was scretched and black a bit. The bike rent option was amazing but would have wanted to rent it for longer hours and in night too.

Everything was good. Bus stop was near the hotel, like 5 minute walk. Clean and modern room. 8th floor was amazing, the view to the city and beautiful pool which was already open, nice. Breakfast was okey, not my favourite. And the location for us was ideal, not in the center but close to it with bus ride. Supermarket like 5 minute walk away with many nice shops and so many nice restaurants/cafè. Overall great place.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

The restaurants outside the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

It started from the airport we had booked transfer with the hotel as we arrived late and were travelling with a small child, the hotel did not book the transfer. The internet did not work at all. The staff were not friendly at all. I asked a receptionist if there was a spa she said no. I found out from another’s customer there was a spa on lower ground. We had booked breakfast for the following day and we was not on the list to eat breakfast it was embarrassing. The staff are definitely the worst level of customer service that I had received. I would NOT recommend anybody to stay there its a waste of money and I would give that hotel 2star rating.

The restaurants outside the hotel.

Browse Hotel SB Plaza Europa Traveler Photo Gallery