Reviews of Senator Barajas 4 stars

Galeón, 27, Barajas, 28042 Madrid, Spain

#326 of 351 hotels in Madrid

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Good for one night stay as an exit point from Spain
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Hotel is close to airport and geared to helping you make your flight, offering extended check out to meet late night flight times and free airport transfer. Decent size room, comfortable beds and good bathroom.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

There are better options.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

In general the hotel has an aging feeling about it. maintenance is poor, there are always queues at the front desk, I could never contact reception by phone, and the staff were largely indifferent to the clientele.

it has an airport shuttle. but the driver was rude and didn't announce what terminals we we stopping at, so one of the passengers got it and went to finf out to tell everyone...

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Very comfortable and convenient
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Although the bteakfast was excellent, i had a terrible steak in the cafeteria that i was not happy about. I asked for medium rare but it eas overkooked, tough and full of gritle. Maybe the wrong choice in a cafeteria

I liked the helpful, friendly staff, the facilities, the room and the shuttle service to the airport

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Didn’t have time for breakfast early departure.
    • Executive Double Room

Only complaint would be air conditioner was not cool enough and a slight odor in room I think coming from vents.

Didn’t have time for breakfast early departure.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Ok until checking out
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

When we were checking out at 4:00 am 13/10/2018 i asked the man on reception for my invoices,he was very rude and shouting at me , saying I should of asked for them the day before.

Cleanliness and facilities

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

It’s bad experience for me
    • Double King Room

I paid the hotel well in advance but they informed that it is not yet confirmed, finally I paid one night then only they allowed stay at night I watered my valuable time

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

6.0
    Free transfer to and from the airport
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

It took forever to check-in when we arrived, we queued for at least for 30min. We received a room with a big balcony, which in itself is nice. However, there were no furniture on the balcony and it was not possible to lock the balcony door, which made us feel unsafe. It was also very poor sound proofing, so we basically heard every word the guests staying in the room above us said to each other.

Free transfer to and from the airport

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Didn't seem to be a 4* hotel

Old furniture. The room I had would need renovation. Bathroom towels smelled of tobacco smoke. The mounting of the toilette to the floor was bad and the toilette was moving :) The breakfast wasn't great: potatoes filled with oil, not a lot of healthy options, lack of raw vegetables, basic supermarket cold meats, tasteless omelette

Close to the airport. The hotel provides airport transfer for free. The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The bed was comfortable and the property is very close to...
    • Double King Room

Check in took forever. There was a lot of confusion amongst the staff and it didn't seem as if they had a room for us. The room we were finally assigned looked nothing like the pictures. Very old and dated, and the balcony door is bolted shut. The bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. The lobby area and restaurants were always a mess. Everything just seemed disheveled. Not worth the price I payed.

The bed was comfortable and the property is very close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

first night in Spain, had a quick 5 minute bus ride from the airport, dropped us off close to hotel
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

it was a fair distance from the city center, but the metro served us well.

the location right next to the airport was ideal for airport connections, and metro / underground connections into Madrid city center. Accommodation was fine, staff attentive. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Adequate

Well the pool, what is the point if you don’t heat it. It is in shade 90% of the day and so even in the middle of the day the water is freezing. The air conditioning is very oldand doesn’t cope with the heat very well.

The location.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Airport overnight
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I chose this hotel because it said there was a kettle in the room. There wasn’t. They have since removed this from the room description but when I made the booking it was there. The restaurant closes at 11. In a 4 star airport hotel there should be 24 hour catering. The staff are efficient but not very friendly.

Excellent airport shuttle service . Comfortable bed and good shower.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The hotel is close to the airport and ensured a stress-free checkout and transfer process.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Located on a small street in the middle of a residential district, the hotel was difficult to locate by car.

Great breakfast with multiple choices. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the room was very comfortable and spacious. Free shuttle to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

It was good value for money

The staff weren’t the friendliest and they were banging outside our room at 12am my partner had to go out and tell them to be quiet as they were keeping us up. The staff on reception need some customer service training.

Good value for money and the bar staff were excellent! Especially the gentleman that works in there. It was easy to get to the centre from and the hotel was very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Free airport Shuttle every hour.
    • Double King Room

We were just there for the afternoon to get a few hours of sleep between flights - unfortunately there was construction work in the rooms next door and at some point a fire alarm went off accidentally. I would suggest to bring ear plugs if you would like to get some sleep during the day.

Free airport Shuttle every hour. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Although off airport grounds, I was able to walk to the...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The shuttle runs once an hour so I had a long wait

Although off airport grounds, I was able to walk to the metro and go into Madrid for some sightseeing.

OK

No disabled access to restaurant or terrace or pool or park at the rear. Booked the hotel shuttle and was on the list but no room as it was oversubscribed - they ordered us an Uber so no disaster but expected better.

Close to the airport. Nice big room - comfortable

Satisfactory
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The accommodation was fine, it just wasn’t flash! Perhaps I am not use to the standard in Spain. The bathroom was very tidy, clean and all facilities worked well. The room was very plane. Plenty of room and the bed comfortable. There were no tea or coffee facilities which is not uncommon for European Hotels. The breakfast in the morning was well priced and yummy. For the evening meal, nothing seemed open? And the food I did get, was not that nice. The corridors were smelly and I could hear people talking through the walls. While this was not bad accommodation I felt it was overpriced for what I got, so it doesn’t rate as highly as it could. The hotel looks tired and could do with some freshening up. Overall not a bad stay, but not fantastic.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Disappointed with lack of commitment to meet service promoted on website
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Your website identifies a shuttle service to/from the airport. After arrival at T1 from Santiago de Compostela at the shuttle pick up I contacted Reception and was informed the pick up vehicle would arrive at 00:50. There were only 2 people waiting for shuttle services at this time. Both of us were at the point of entrance for the shuttle buses. The Senator shuttle bus drove straight to the exit end. Stopped for NO MORE THAN 20 SECONDS AND LEFT!!!! I had no time to get to the bus. I phoned Reception, explained what happened. I am extremely angry that I was (A) not believed and (B) not offered the option of a taxi service to meet the obligation due to me. The Night Reception Manager insisted that the shuttle bus waits for 2-3 minutes before leaving. IT DID NOT!!! Furthermore he informed me that were no more shuttle services that night. As a consequence I had to take a taxi, pay 20 euro for the service which I understood was part of the package provided by your hotel. In contrast, on a previous trip to Madrid I was provided with a taxi service to the Sercotel Madrid Aeropuerto due to an inability to get the shuttle bus to the terminal. THIS SERVICE WAS PAID FOR BY THE HOTEL. They at least acknowledge their commitment to service.

I appreciated the extensive breakfast available. The proximity to the airport also is of value

It’s location.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

There are many outlets at property, giving it the impression of an Airport or a Railway Station.

It’s location. Close to all the 4 terminals of the airport & it’s complimentary shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great stay at Senator barajas.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I could hear all my neighbors so you probably need to do smth to improve the noise isolation . It would be great to update your access card system so that the cards don't stop working when put next to a mobile phone since nowadays everyone has them and putting them accidentally close to each other is very simple.

The breakfast was amazing ,lots of choice and plenty of space for seating. Also the opportunity to get the breakfast really early (from 5am) is great if you need to go to the work early. Staff was friendly too.

It made my day!!!!

That airport shuttle only service terminal 4, the international flights and no shuttle from terminal 2 , the inter European flights.

The breakfast included with the room rate I paid was also very good.super location, closed to the Airpot and 10 minutes walk to the subway to go into the center of Madrid. And the price was the best rate online, can not beat that. I will definitely stay there again. Good shuttle service to the Airpot for its guests.

Very disappointed
    • Double King Room

Arrived late due to plane cancellation and had informed hotel of this but when we arrived they had cancelled our booking even though we had prepaid We had to wait 3 hrs for them to find us a room on a floor that resembled a building site. No offer of refund and no apology

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Unconfortable
    • Executive Double Room

The lobby and hotel itself was like a shopping gallery, different decorations that did not go with one another’s. Impersonal, loads of people, long queue at reception, I did not like that experience. One mexican couple has some trouble with their reservation and the two staff completely pass on this person, and did not tried to help solve a problem, for something that sounded a wrong booking made by another’s hotel staff. The room was great, but it did not go with the rest of the hotel atmosphere, it felt a luxury room in a two star hotel.

The room, but I was so annoyed by the rest of the experience and tired, that I did not enjoy it

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good hotel for reasonable price
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Perfect location for those who are on transit and need to come back to the airport next day, clean rooms, very good and tasty breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

¡Great service and comfortable stay!
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

My shower head was broken and I didn't have chance to report it on the morning of a busy day. Though when I returned, I found it had already been taken care of without having to ask. I couldn't of asked for more

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Breakfast, Cleanliness, Space of room, furnishings,...
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Nothing really except that the walls of the rooms seems not well noise proofed

Breakfast, Cleanliness, Space of room, furnishings, amenities, shuttle service, swimming pool, having everything in one place: bar, restaurant, open air sitting and relaxation, and a pub

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

4.5
    Not good value for money.
    • Double King Room

Really not sure how this hotel is 4* as the room we stayed in was very basic & it wasn’t even the most basic room there.We had no quilt on the bed just a sheet so as it was too hot to have no air con we had it as warm as we could but still had to get the bath towels from the bathroom to cover us.Our corridor was like a building site which was a surprise & we found the drink prices in the bar to be very pricy.Sorry to say we would not recommend or stay again.

The location to the airport was good unless you landed at T4 then it’s further away

Good location, good room and breakfast, bad service

I did not like at all the booking process as the payment needed to be made separately, it was not sufficient with introducing the credit card details in booking. Some of the staff in the reception was very unfriendly and the service in the restaurant where we dined was extremely slow.

The room was quite big and the facilities overall good, there were several restaurants to choose from and the breakfast was abundant.

Great location with easy access to downtown and the airport.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I booked through booking.com. Then had to use “Quickcaja” to verify my credit card. Unfortunately my bank has had trouble with this system in the past and would not allow me to use this verification system. I git the room but it was stressful trying to ensure my booking and payment were accepted.

The location and shuttle service to the airport also the easy access to the metro. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Avoid if sleeping is important to you.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The mattresses and bed frames were totally worn out-worst hotel bed I have ever slept on There must be no insulation in the walls and there are adjoining room doors-extremely noisy hotel

Good water pressure

Refund

Actually, I couldn't to stay in Senator Barajas. I know that I don't have right for refund of amount paid, but I thought that for customer and the hotel didn't have expenses with me, maybe could refund me one hotel rate. But, ok.

Courtesy bus to airport and pick up
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Not much to do in the area but metro not far away so easy to get back into central Madrid

Courtesy bus to airport and pick up €15 extra can stay in room until 4 pm great when you have a late flight, can freshen up before departure

Much needed relax pre flight

Eateries were not as welcoming as hotel itself, but did the trick for stopover. Bus to airport didn’t start till 430am which meant we had to get taxi but at €14 and the hotel pre-booked it was fine!

Had read some negative reviews prior to visiting but couldn’t see how it was same place. Lovely welcome, helpful hotel staff, good clean comfortable room with balcony. Village was lovely for a walk about, residents mostly very kind and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Friendly staff.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Walls very thin. Hallways echoed. Food in restaurant was sub-par.

Friendly staff. Conveniently located by airport. Free shuttle bus to airport. Great breakfast buffet.

Should have 2 stars
    • Family Room

The bathroom lock it's broken The staff are rude It's to noisy And when i come back to the room after 2 hours the cleaners went to the toilet and even don't flush the water. Far from the city

Shuttle free

Very good
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I chose this hotel for its convenience, being so close to the airport. I had only one night. They offer a free shuttle service and it was amazing, very easy to find and super effective. The place was fine, but at this price, I don't understand why we don't have a coffee machine in the room. They could offer coffee and milk in the morning. It would be a nice touch. Unfortunately I didn't get much sleep as some rambunctious clients were on the same floor as mine. Knocking on doors and shooting at 2:00AM. Also, the next morning I kept hearing a banging sound, like workers with hammers which was absolutely annoying. If there are some renovations, I suggest they only do it from 10H00 am to 18H00... You don't go there to visit Madrid, it is in a suburban area with only apartments, so there is not much to do or see, but I did find two small "plazas" with some bars, bakery and restaurants. They say that you can reach the city by metro, but I didn't have enough time. The pool hours are a big down side. I arrived at 20H00 and wanted to swim before going to be: it was closed... I wanted to swim early in the morning before my long flight, at 8h00am: it was closed. Again for the price we pay...it is a major down. The room was perfect, very clean, the bed super comfy and I even had a patio! but the patio door didn't lock!!!!!!!!!!!! And we can easily trespass to the other rooms...

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

will never use senator barajas again
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

give better beds to the ones who used bookin .com

the bed the worst i ever sleep on worst than a cot from the jungle the mattress about an inch of thickness clean room but now i have to go to a chiropractic

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great place to stay near the airport with everything needed to make your stopover easy and comfy.

The bed was very hard.

The breakfast buffet was incredible and had everything you could think of. Bacon, eggs, hash browns, beans, fruit, pastries, cold meats, cheeses, different types of milk including soy. The airport shuttle was easy and fast. Wifi worked well. Pool was lovely.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Relaxing and good

Pool is open pool - all the dried leaves from adjoining tree fall making it bit unclean. Can add a net roof and normal roof to the pool or keep on cleaning it regularly. Restaurants need more options especially Vegetarian options. The cafe on entrance of the hotel has a rude person to serve or run the place.

Good place and good price. Close to Airport and free shuttle. Close to Metro too(8 minutes walk) which makes commute using the public transport easy.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good location.

The room does not have simple thigs like a boiler or iron. The minibar is empty.

Good location. Although rated for four stars , The hotel dose not have the facilities of a four star hotel.

Very nice staff and clean hotel.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The shuttle was late to pick us from the airport. Also, I wish the pool opening hours were longer. Beautiful pool, but didn't get the chance to experience it.

Very nice staff and clean hotel. I loved my room. It was spacious and had a nice balcony overlooking the pool.

Ill will do it again in the future if i get the chance .
    • Family Room

The location you should have the shuttle bus to take customers to downtown for a tour because they don’t speak Spanish

Everything was good, clean have a swimming pool, nice staff and they speak English

Very close to terminal 1.
    • Two Double or Twin Rooms Connected

Apparently in this hotel there is no difference between blankets and sheets. Instead of comfy blankets we got simply white sheets, which were really uncomfortable to sleep in.

Very close to terminal 1.

good

The bathroom could use more bar soap and more shampoo and CONDITIONER

location, close to the airport and the fact that the hotel shuttle will pick you up and drive you back to airport

Good value for money. Good for short stops while traveling.

Reception staff was very rude and looked unhappy. This was consistent from check in until we were leaving the hotel. Even when we just asking for info they were obnoxious and showed an unpleasant attitude. Another guest was robbed at the hotel lobby while checking out and there was no security to assist her. Staff seemed unbothered.

Free shuttle service to airport was very efficient

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Fleeting visit
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Long check in process.. it was late so I understand staff could have possibly been tired but wasn't the warmest of welcomes during check in.

Very clean and well presented, fantastic facilities including pool and bars/restaurants. Free easy airport pick up with lovely driver.

A nice and clean place to stay if you are connecting flights in Madrid.
    • Family Room

The room was comfortable and very clean. It was a good place to stay for our connecting flight the next day. The free bus shuttle was also very convenient.

Staff and cleanliness of the hotel, great shuttle service to
    • Double King Room

Hotel was lovely, clean and tidy, surrounding bars and restaurants within the hotel are totally overpriced for food and drink

Staff and cleanliness of the hotel, great shuttle service to

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

- it was 1am, there were 3 people at the reception desk and...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

- it was 1am, there were 3 people at the reception desk and 1 of them was attending one person, behind it there was a family with little kids (and me) and none of the other two receptions had the decency of checking them in, they had to wait at 1am with little kids - the bed was super uncomfortable - the free transfer is a mini bus with defined time schedules

Does the job close to the airport.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Too far from Madrid center if you're on a city break, i wasn't on a city break to Madrid so not a problem.

After reading some other reviews i was apprehensive about booking this hotel, don't be put off, it's clean, basic and very close to the airport with free transfers. The hotel is situated in a quiet suburb (no noise from the airport), the area around the hotel is just residential housing but there's plenty of bars and restaurants in the neighborhood within 5 minutes walk. The outdoor swimming pool was a bonus in the August heat of Madrid, no need to bring towels, just pay a deposit at reception and after returning the towels you get your money back. The airport transfers are free but must be booked the day before at reception. Overall a great value for money hotel.

Great hotel near the airport - recommended.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The shuttle service is great and reliable. The hotel is a few minutes walk from a beautiful park and has a swimming pool! A nice area with free sunbeds. We used the restaurant at the corner of the building..It was fantastic. The rooms are clean and staff is helpful and clear.

Served it’s purpose- near the airport and Madrid
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The restaurants were expensive and there were better places to eat a short walk away.

The hotel was cheap, clean and near the airport. It had 2 bars which were convenient as we arrived late at night. The pool area is good to cool off after a day in the city.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

BIG PROBLEMS WITH PREPAYMENT OF THE ROOMS
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

We had a problem with payment and the guests (airline crew) were not given the rooms at 22:00 on check-in as the reception said that the rooms were not prepaid. I had made a bank transfer a week before and only after calling various numbers and giving my personal credit card number as guarantee were the guests accepted. The next morning the hotel confirmed that they had received the payment. I am still waiting for a copy of the invoice and an apology !

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

You can get a much better conditions for just a bit higher price near.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

No soundproof rooms. Swimming pool closes at 8 P.M. The restaurant and club in the basement closed for summer timme. Shuttle bus comes seldom.

The breakfast buffet was enough. The personel at the restaurants too. Very delicious food by the tapas bar downstairs.

Clean spacious room near the airport with free transfer.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Clean spacious room near the airport with free transfer. nice bar downstairs serving tapas. 5 minutes walk is a nice square with bars and restaurants.

The room and bathroom was fine, staff excellent and airport...

This was the first time, when I arrived to hotel and they were unable to find my stay done via booking.com. A few downturns happened during my stay - such as checkout they made instead of me a day sooner or miscommunication with a dinner. However the staff deserve A grade for solving everything.

The room and bathroom was fine, staff excellent and airport shuttle terrific.

Nice, affordable hotel.

They had too few sun loungers/chairs by the pool so many people had to lay on the ground.

They offer airport shuttle which was very nice. There's a nice restaurant in the hotel and lots of things close so you don't need to go far.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

If one is looking for a hotel bear the airport. This is a choice.

There is no parking. But the booking.com page says it has. Some restaurants no longer open but their ads are still in the elevator. Outside parking can be challenging

Its close to the airport and it has different tapas restaurants in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Close to airport, free shuttle.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The door was faulty and we got locked in our room for 20-30 minutes. We had to call reception 3 times before they sent someone to let us out and on the third call the man at reception was incredulous that we were locked in and seemed to have no realisation that we’d already called two times. Thankfully it got fixed. The pool hours are somewhat too short for summer.

Close to airport, free shuttle. Buffet breakfast reasonably good.

Clean pool, cheap drinks at the bar downstairs, variety of...

some meals were average, lack of information on taxi strike and not many english speaking staff

Clean pool, cheap drinks at the bar downstairs, variety of foods within the hotel, vending machines full of snacks and bottled water

Excellent facilities. Friendly staff and very good value for money
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I liked the quiet location but with the handy airport transfer service. There was a good choice of eating opportunities in the hotel and the swimming pool was wonderful. I would definitely go back!

Big balcony, big bathroom, not so great communication
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

Staff not that helpful when asking for help to book taxi, hard to communicate in English, breakfast finished too early, chaos in cafe (tried both to eat there and to order room service from there)

Great with a balcony in the room, comfy beds, nice big bathroom

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Lovely, convenient location. Overall a reasonable, if tired, facility.

Decore in the room fairly tired. Rooms need a damper on bottom of doors - noises in corridor penetrate easily. Toiletries supplies a bit light on, not topped up for our last day. No hand soap dispenser. Only one soft chair in the room. No furniture on the balconey.

Range of restaurants and bars on site. Very nice tree lined streets, residential area dotted with shops, cafes and excellent bakery nearby. Very quiet location, but easy walking distance to airport (Terminal 1) and Metro station. Friendly and helpful staff. Free airport shuttle.

Fantastic airport hotel
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Free shuttle to/from airport. Quick/easy check-in. As I arrived on a late flight, the fact that there were a couple of options for food within the hotel was perfect. Comfortable bed & great shower which are two things you need after a 30hr trip! Great buffet breakfast. (I had not included it in my room rate but for €12 it was worth it)

Had a lovely break, Hotel and staff made it a very comfortable stay

Air conditioning in the bedrooms could be a little better and no irons were provided in the rooms.

A large choice in the breakfast buffet, plus many other nice restaurants, cafe’s and bars on the same site, pool was lovely. staff were very helpful and hotel and bedrooms were clean. Shuttle service to and from airport was very convenient. Taxis were also parked outside most of the time making it very easy to get around.

Very poor

The staff, in particular Angel on the front desk was rude and extremely unhelpful. They took over 4 hours to sort a room for us as they didn't have one available. The property is run down, there is hardly anywhere to go and eat. Do not book this hotel!

Was fit for purpose plus some.
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The service at reception was often very busy and slow. They cancelled our room card which meant we had to que up to get it sorted, we got late check out but the room service staff must not have know and had no English. She wanted to come in. When we went out for breakfast they took the second room key. The fridge isn't cold. But these are minor things that didn't put us off, overall it's a clean good located hotel with a pool.

The shuttle service was great, it's a great location, and also walking distance to public transport and grocery shop and also only 15 mins away from a Spanish cafe serving nice food. The pool is lovely and gets all the sun. Late check out is a major plus of this hotel.

ideal for what we needed it for. short stay

Check in was a bit of chore. We have lived in Spain many years and have Spanish driving licences and id. However, we were asked for our passports. When I said no we had other id the receptionist refused and when we insited our Id was sufficient she had to ask another staff memeber who said it was ok. We were given one key card and not offered one each Bed was very hard and only given one thin pillow. Checked the wardrobe but only had a blanket in there. when later in the night my husband wanted to go out we then had the problem with the key card as it meant that the person in the room was left without electricity as the key card is required to access the lift. bar outside needs attention. ripped seats and full of bird droppings and burn marks

Location was ideal for what we wanted and there was ample parking available. Rooms were clean.

Great for an airport stopover

The prices in the bar!! Breakfast was 12€ extra and lacking variety. A few yoghurts and whole pieces of fruit would have been nice.

Free shuttle bus to airport. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable.

- Very good breakfast, with good choice of products that...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

- Old hotel needing some refurbishing in the rooms and corridors; - Reception staff wasn't always friendly;

- Very good breakfast, with good choice of products that tasted good to me; - Comfortable bed; - Restaurants and vending machines in the building for food and drinks; - Location in a quiet area near the airport and near a metro station; - Airport shuttle.

The bed was big and it had a balcony.

Tea and coffee facilities were dreadful. Just one coffee sachet and one milk for 2 people. Not enough sun lounges by pool and long check in and check out procedures. Didn't tell us we needed to book the airport bus on way back so we had to get a taxi.

The bed was big and it had a balcony. Also very close to festival and airport.

I wouldn't recommend
    • Two Double or Twin Room Connected

No parking available! We had to park on the street. Then walk to the hotel. Not many options for lunch/ dinner. Food was not good. I did like the buffet breakfast though.

Adios Barajas, nice hotel in nice place !
    • Twin Room (1-2 Adults)

The shuttle service to airport. At check-in we had conveyed the time of check-out next morning but there was no clear instruction on shuttle arrival time or anything. In morning we were ready at 6:30am and got to gate after check-out. We kept wondering that which bus/ shuttle shall go. At reception we were asked to b in touch with a man outside. He didn't give much info and asked us to wait. No English he said. After around 15-20 minutes a shuttle returned and then driver just ask.."who all for terminal-1 ?" And people from gathering of around 30-35..rushed to load luggage and get a seat in a standby bus. It could have been a little more planned.

Great location, near to airport...courteous staff and nice airy rooms with big balcony.

It was brief, but comfortable and enjoyable.

Nothing to mention here.

Great location - you walk to and from the terminal. Staff was helpful in printing out boarding pass. There's a comfortable lobby area where you can sit once you checkout.

Browse Senator Barajas traveller photo gallery