Reviews of Senator Granada Spa Hotel 4 stars

Paseo del Violón, s/n, Ronda District, 18006 Granada, Spain

#87 of 119 hotels in Granada

Based on 1916 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The lady that checked us in tried her best.
    • Economy Twin Room

Hotel is old and need renovation There was no blanket/ cover on the beds Very basic amenities, not impressed at all

The lady that checked us in tried her best. Quite, no noise

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The staffs were very helpful especially when we asked them...
    • Economy Twin Room

Although smoking is not allowed inside of the hotel, apparently, people in next room was smoking and its smoke came inside of our room. We could be patient for one night but it got worse on the second night. So we asked the hotel to change our room. The staff arranged it quickly even though it was late at night. The restaurant inside of hotel was closed during day (maybe after 3 pm or so) just like most restaurants in Granada. But cafe was opened.

The staffs were very helpful especially when we asked them to change our room due to smoking issue of the next room. We enjoyed our relaxing stay in the spa with dry sauna and various Jacuzzi. One time spa entry is included for hotel guests. It is a bit far from the city center but easy to access by bus. Bus came frequently enough and a bus stop was nearby.

Very clean, good beds very good breakfast.

The man in the breakfast restaurant was not friendly. He was really the rotten apple in the basket. That was a shame because the rest was perfect!

Very clean, good beds very good breakfast. The bartender from the bar downstairs was super!

good foods at the hotel restaurant
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

It is under my expectation, the hotel is full of corine smell when entered the lobby. Small room, far from the center.

good foods at the hotel restaurant

Good value excellent location, would definitely rebook if we go to Granada again.
    • Economy Twin Room

The address of the car park entrance was not clear. It was easy to find once we realised that there are hotel signs dotted around on the roads. But a ‘satnav’ address would have helped. Check if you can park if you have a big car. Entrance is via a lift, easy to use but seemed tight for my focus.

Very clean and welcoming, good location to see the sights.

Good location to wander into town

As a young family we found the room was not big enough to comfortably fit a travel cot and Pram plus luggage. A triple room can not fit a travel cot. Lift for the garage very slow, car parking spaces very narrow and few plus very expensive.

Proximity to town area.

Very good hotel for a short stay.

The tea and coffee making facilities. There was only two teabags, one small packet of coffee, and one small packet of decaffeinated coffee. Most hotels provide at least three or four of each. The spa, although there was a 25% discount you have to pay to use the indoor swimming pool.

The location was excellent, just outside the main city, but only a 15 minute walk in and there was a bus stop within 70 m. The rooms were excellent and were exceptionally clean. The reception staff were absolutely brilliant, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Five stars go to them. It was so good that three weeks later, on my way back to the north of Spain we stayed overnight.

It did not meet expectations.
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

It was not at all what I expect from a 4 star hotel. the rooms where quite small, the breakfast was not 4 stars either: The ham looked old, the churros were cold, I was recommended to heat them up in the microwaves. Parking was at extra cost, the Spa also costed extra, and it was not accesible just as swimming pool. So I am not sure why it has such a high official rating.

They served good gluten free bread.

Good stay, and Granada reasonably priced.
    • Economy Twin Room

The payment system and exchange rate. Price quoted on booking .com could not be realized Was around 10% more expensive than quoted. There was no other payment option.

Location was excellent.

Not a SPA if you have children under 15 years old

We decided to go to this hotel because of the SPA. We could not enter the pool or the SPA area with our daughter because children under 15 years old are only allowed between 10 am and 2 pm. If you are in the city to visit Alhambra and the other historical sites, you obviously will not be able to go to the pool in the middle of the day. We arrived at the hotel at the end of the afternoon and wanted to relax a bit in the pool... not a place to go with your family!

Position.
    • Economy Twin Room

We booked 2 economy rooms. They were very very small. Too small for a 4 star hotel. We had difficulty in approaching hotel and finding the car entrance. There are signs but not very visible. We expected a pool. We saw the photographs. When we asked about it it was only a part of the spa service. Not the pool. Very disappointing.

Position. Very close to the city sites.., bars and restaurants.

Not a luxury hotel, access to facilities is miss-leading

On check in we were asked to upgrade the room for an additional 25 euros for a double bed rather than twins! The pool and spa cost's 16 euros extra per person, although on booking.com advert it stated some of the facilities are included without extra charge, this is not a luxury hotel in our opinion and need of modernization. Also, the roof terrace which is advertises was closed so unable to access.

Not alot to be honest, the location was Ok to walk to the city centre.

Staff.

The payment method after booking on line. I had to pay the hotel online and was forced into using a very poor exchange rate so price quoted in £ is not actual price I was able to pay. No view and noise from running water when it rained.

Staff.

Granada city stay and skiing in Sierra Nevada
    • Economy Twin Room

I wish there was a way to book a parking place in the hotel...

We know this place well and it is always welcoming us warmly! Now we were surprised with great breakfast at reduced price and a bottle of "cava" in our room! Thank you so much, Senator Spa! You are doing great job in caring about your customers.

Breakfast was delicious.
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I didn’t like that there was no parking as it was full. They could let us know or let us book in adavance. We parked in a public parking which was further away and more expensive.

Breakfast was delicious. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location was great lovely park for my daughter just outside hotel. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit loved the hotel and Granada.

Dont stay here

Horrible hotel. The hotel is falsely advertised on their website, they do not have the facilities they claim to have. You have to pay €20 just to swim in the pool! Additional for any services course. The hotel is in a terrible location. We asked to be put on a high floor from reading reviews, but were put on the lower floor with a horrible view. And on top of the staff was unpleasant, unhelpful, bordering on rude.

Truly? Absolutely nothing.

It was an awesome experience staying in the hotel
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The breakfast buffet is a little expensive so we had to do breakfast and every other meals out side the hotel

I loved the cosy room. Did not expect it to be big but was surprised that it was spacious for my husband , kid n I. Enjoyed the day at the spa. Clean environment n nice staffs

The TINIEST room in town!
    • Economy Twin Room

The room was TINY When I say tiny, I mean it. A double bed squeezed inro a room with no space around it. Nowhere to put a suitcase down without having to climb over it to get from the bed to the bathroom. No chair, suitcase stand nor console/ desk. The kettle was perched precariously on a shelf above the head of the bed - a scalding waiting to happen. The room, in short was barely bigger than the bed. Avoid!

Handy for visiting the sights which are about 20 minutes walk away. Quiet location.

We already knew the place.

We already knew the place. It has never disappointed us. Accommodation cozy, excellent breakfast (gluten-free, too!), and a very clean and relaxing spa, for the whole family. We will definitely return!

To use the spa you were limited to certain times which were...

To use the spa you were limited to certain times which were between 10-12 noon, so if you are only there for a couple of nights you struggle to fit it in time span. Parking was expensive at 18 euros per night.

Nice and clean, young man at reception very helpful.

It does not have a business centre which it states in facilities, the reason we booked the hotel was be cause we needed to use a business centre.

Nice and clean, young man at reception very helpful.

Nice room, nice staf, but a big disappointment for the Spa
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

The car park is super expensive, I don't advise to take it! And the supposedly 2 hours of free spa are imposed, and you must bring your own towel (not from the hotel) and flip flops. If not, you have to pay an extra 5Euros...This is not exactly what I call included and is a bit of a scam!

Great breakfast, although a bit expensive. Beds very comfortable, nice staff, quiet hotel

I was satisfied. I'll stay again on my next visit to Granada

I didn't eat at the hotel but I'm sure it's great. I was very comfortable. Rooms where a bit small. I appreciated having the electric water kettle along with complimentary coffee and tea.

Friendly and comfortable.

I didn't like the spa. Fair enough it was cheap, but even then I wouldn't have payed had I known what it was like. The "warm" pool felt too cold at times. Even the steam room had a cold corner. The water had many hairs and stuff floating (not talking about the lemon pool). We had to book it and yet it was over crowded and you had

Bed was firm and comfortable, everything was clean. Free water in the fridge :D

A lovely hotel about a quarter of a mile outside of the town.
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

A lovely hotel about a quarter of a mile outside of the town. Close enough to walk to the main areas but far enough away to be quiet and away from the hubbub and traffic noise.

Nahhh....
    • Economy Twin Room

The breakfast was terrible... They had bacon but no eggs and the fruit tasted weird... The bread was uninteresting and the waiter took our plate when there was still food on it.

Good bed, nice staff..

Nice stay in Granada, calm, near city center, and next to airport shuttle bus stop
    • Economy Twin Room

I didn't like that we were ignored at our arrival. People arriving after us at the front desk were received before, several persons, not just one. And during the day it was the same. Maybe we got there a day when they were short of day staff. And the temperature in the hammam, I think it should be warmer, maybe people left the door open from time to time...

I loved the spa, with a diversity of warm and cold pools, and sauna. I liked the location, as it is not exactly in the city center, walking distance is perfect to get out of the busy spots, and go back walking in the evening. It's also just next to an airport shuttle bus stop, so to get there and leave, it's very practical. The night staff at the reception desk was very helpful, the maids were also welcoming and kind. And a detail I appreciate a lot is having a kettle in the room, very practical.

Enjoyed it fully
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

Only 2 moans booking .com said pay nothing till you arrive and then hotel took a deposit 7 days before arriving,this didnt matter but it was not what was advertised and male receptionist was a bit rude,when my wife said when we came indecember last year we were able to park longer in the carpark to which he replied why dont you come back in dec then!

Rooms were nice,spa was great,its close to everything

Nice, relaxing hotel
    • Economy Twin Room

Location is a little bit of a walk from sites (Alhambra) and restaurants.

The aquatic areas of the hotel are great and a real bonus that they were complementary during the day. We were offered a room upgrade at a small fee which provided us with a very spacious room. Room service was of a good quality and price.

I wouldnt go there again
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Misrepresented, not suitable for young family. Location not good

Fresh orange juice in the morning was good. Staff at the reception were really helpfull.

Great hotel....but read the small print
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We took the room recommended by booking.com that was supposedly suitable for 2 adults and a 10 year old. on arrival we were told this meant we had booked a twin room and would have to pay an extra €10 a night for an extra bed. We tried to sleep in the beds provided which resulted in the worst nights sleep ever and myself and my husband attempting to share a single bed. we opted to pay for a bed for the next 2 nights and were moved to a triple room. I took the matter up with booking.com who were incredibly unhelpful despite it being their recommendation. As we were travelling with a child our access to the spa was restricted to between 10am and 12pm so we didn't get to use it. Please read all the small print and don't ever take the room recommended by booking.com would be my advice! Parking charges at the hotel were very expensive so we parked just down the road for free for 3 nights.

Great location within easy walking distance of all main attractions. Spacious rooms with good WiFi connectivity. Lots of local eateries close by.

Only stay here as a last resort

The check-in process was painfully slow and inefficient. Took almost 40 minutes!. They also insisted we pay in advance. They did not honor the price we were offered via Booking.com and insisted on us paying more. In general they did not care about their customer experience. I will not go back there.

The spa area was really nice

Near the conference center
    • Economy Twin Room

However, the rooms were really small, and it wasn't comfortable to share them with other colleague. I would take this room for one person. It should be noted that this hotel isn't close to the city center, it just fits whoever comes to conferences.

This hotel is near Granada conference center, and recommended to those who are coming to conferences.

All services were not as expected from a 4 star hotel.
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

bad services in general and difficult communication in english.Spa was not as expected,cafe service very slow and no good quality.In reception they gave us a wrong schedule for the bus going to the airport,so we had to take a taxi not to loose the plane!!!

Good choicel for visitors to the Palacios de Congress
    • Twin Room for Single Use

The Wi-Fi was terrible- I can't overestimate how frustrating the internet service was. The air conditioning struggled to keep the room cool- it was tolerable but not optimal.

The staff was very helpful and responsive. The room was clean and fairly comfortable. The location was extremely convenient to the convention center, and an easy walk to all of the major tourist attractions.

Decent but disappointingly average

I was expecting something a bit better on almost every point, from the four stars, the descriptions and the pictures. I think it's the first time I sleep in a four star hotel, but I've slept in far better hotels than this one. If we forget about the deceiving claims and only consider it as a perfectly average hotel, then it was satisfying, and the reduced price I paid for that was very reasonable. But that's not what I was expecting and that's frustrating. One major issues was the timetable of the spa, since it is one the main things they advertise: it was only open for a few hours during working hours, when I could not be in the hotel. And even worse: they only offer one free session a day which is during late morning. It might be OK for retired tourists (I've seen a lot of them, brought in large groups) but it's not for somebody who has a conference in the nearby Palacio de Congresos and was expecting to relax in water after a work day. Even if I don't need a massage in the middle of the night, I was expecting to at least have some kind of small pool freely accessible at more or less any time. Also they had a few sources of small hidden fees like for instance the fact that spa towels and flip-flops were compulsory but not provided. A four star hotel is not supposed to play stingy. Another important point for me is how ridiculous the gym was. Except for the cardio machines (which I don't need, if I want to run I can do it outside) it was actually nothing more than a very cheap multi-function exercise machine, which was essentially useless (i.e. I had brought resistance bands in my suitcase just in case and they were doing a better job). The room was also a bit noisy, from the corridor and from the neighbour's bathroom. The quality of the breakfast elements was quite uneven, some things were rather goods but many were quite cheap : it was obvious that they had to balance the cost of offering a buffet.

The location was perfect for me since I was working at the Palacio de Congresos. It's also very easy to find from the airport's bus stop. And the city centre is not extremely far neither.

A good experience overall.

The wifi didn't work in the rooms unless you paid for an upgrade in service. It was spotty in the common areas as well.

The room was comfortable. The breakfast buffets were excellent. The location was good

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Excellent spa.
    • Economy Twin Room

Fantastic spa which is free to guests between 10-12. Free water in the room and kettle and tea/coffee making was an unexpected treat. Very freindly staff at check in. Could do with more tourist information in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The staff was lovely.

The spa was really dissapointing and very expensive. Do not do your laundry there, it is very expensive and we didn't have the price list in advance. Our laundry cost us €70 for a small bag.

The staff was lovely.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

We could not expect so small room in 4 stars hotel.
    • Economy Twin Room

We could not expect so small room in 4 stars hotel. This room is for one person! No place, problems with WiFi, but pre-payed immediately. Spa-hotel allows to visit this area once during your stay and not in the evening.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Too noisy!

The property was too noisy - I could hear other guests sneezing, flushing, talking etc. Also one of my towels wasn't very clean. Next time I'll choose somewhere else in Granada.

I left 1 night early. You have to pay for pool. Payment difficult/poor. Poor experience.

You can only use pool *once* during a fixed time they set (10-12) which I had a meeting booked for. Then you have to pay, so I didn't get to use the spa/pool and it was the primary reason I booked the hotel. Staff unfriendly on arrival - took calls and swapped money with a local business instead of attending to me. Didn't seem bothered when I left 1 night early because I was unhappy with the hotel. No one serving in the cafe (I waited a while). Very small room (single), I could only just walk around the bed and I'm 5ft7 and a slim guy. Barely enough toilet paper and very rough. Annoying looping music piped through hallways through daytime which you can hear in the rooms. To book the room I was sent an email in Spanish, I had to visit a website called Playa Senator with a untrustworthy looking page and go through payment process which was all unnerving - normally you just do it on booking.com easily. Parking is 15eur per night, if you can afford it but you don't really have a choice because city parking is impossible. Not the best for me but maybe I got unlucky with staff and maybe double rooms are bigger and nicer?

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

- Good location, easy access from Estacion Autobuses (with...
    • Economy Twin Room

Very small room, like Paris hotel rooms, not even space for a small table, you could barely walk around the bed.

- Good location, easy access from Estacion Autobuses (with CN1 or CN2 bus) and to city center (cathedral, plaza Nueve etc. with CN1 bus). - Cofee shops and some restaurants within walking distance, also many bus stations to almost every direction. - Not so good wi-fi

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good for sleeping but bad for eating
    • Economy Twin Room

Food choice in the bar was very poor and they didn't have many things we asked for! If you don't serve evening meals you need your cafe to be much better.

Clean, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Very disappointed by lack of spa access

I was very disappointed that booking a room did not entitle me to use of the spa facilities during my stay. To be clear, I stayed for 6 nights and I was offered a single visit to the facilties during a two hour window subject to booking it. I have never encountered this sort of arrangement before; any time I've stayed at a hotel with spa facilities the general access to these has been included. The hotel could argue that this was mentioned in the confirmation email. This is technically correct but whether intentional or not, the confirmation email is misleading in this regard. I strongly suggest that this wording be changed to something along the lines of "Please note that your booking entitles you to 1 free visit to the spa only (water area only), between 10:00 and 12:00, except on closing days"

The hotel was pleasant and the staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Location. Is good for short. Stay.

Room was not so comfortable and if u talking other room can hear. You i have been senator in marbella was so much better. Than this one and parking is not possible find public parking u must pay for hotel parking and it is 16 euro per day also time of spa not good they offer you spa including room but only u can use for morning.if u only one day there is complicated. Time fixing. Breakfasts. Is so simple.

Location is great

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great family hotel with all amenities

Excellent buffet breakfast, with the availability of a very good smaller and cheaper one too. Staff were all extremely friendly and obliging, and nothing was too much trouble. The beds were fantastic, and the rooms looking out onto the back are so quiet. The proximity to the centre is superb -- cathedral and Plaza Nueva within easy walking distance. And the playground out the front is super for kids!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Beds are comfortable, climatization/heating works good,...
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

We had NO WIFI connection in our room. So we spent a lot of time standing in the hall (no seats!) to get at least a little bit of bandwidth. Spa is only free from 10 to 12 otherwise guests have to pay

Beds are comfortable, climatization/heating works good, location is fine

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Overall good but expected more (WIFI terrible, SPA payed for in afternoon)
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

We (couple and child (10yrs)) stayed in this hotel for a week. We expected more from the hotel. We were told that a child until 12 years of age was free of charge but when we arrived at the hotel they informed us that the child would need to share our bed. So we had to pay 10 years extra a night for them to arrange an extra bed in our room. The employees were not the friendliest but they were efficient. The SPA is only free once during your stay and it can only be in the morning. If you go in the afternoon the fee is 8 euros and you also need to buy some flip flops (2 euros) and rent a towel which is another couple of euros. Parking at the hotel is about 15 euros a day. WIFI is terrible. You can only have a few internet pages open and very poor connection . If you want better connection you need to pay. I spent my roaming internet. I thought it came out cheaper. You don't have a quiet sitting area outside your room. Anywhere you sit you have elevator music playing at all times.

Breakfast was good. Complete buffet with a lot of variety. There was also an employee available to cook you an omelette or fried eggs with bacon. This was the best SPA that I have been to. You have about 5 different small pools each with something different; jacuzzi, water jets for the back and muscles, small swimming pool, another pool full of oranges floating in the water, turkish bath, sauna and a few other facilities all very well kept. Overall the hotel is good. We had a quiet room.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

fantastic stay in granada,great weather,great city,great hotel

Brekfast was a bit steep at 12.50,so we ate out close by

The spa was lovely,the hotel was close to the mirador looking over the alhambra and the sierras.the rooms were small but comfy and good value for the money that inc the spa.there was plenty to see and do close by,the family went shopping while i checked out the cathedral

Bed was very comfy & liked the size of room
    • Economy Twin Room

Sink had a crack in it & decor in need of a little update ..but all very minor points

Bed was very comfy & liked the size of room

It was a excellent hotel with a good service .

All the best

It was a excellent hotel with a good service .

the spa is great!
    • Economy Twin Room

the spa is great! please set aside 1h to go there. Also remember to book it in advance!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The clocks collection

The clocks collection

Comfy room with nice mountain view
    • Economy Twin Room

- everything came at extra costs: breakfast, the spa etc.

+ beds were super comfortable + we had a bathtub + nice view from the window

It,s a pity that the spa did not have a massage therapist at all,
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There were no Massage facilities at the spa, the Turkish steam room was out of order

The Spa area

Excellent location

very generous with tapas in the bar!

Entrada hotel

All good excellent staff
    • Economy Twin Room

Kettle in room on a shelf. Thought this was dangerous

Locations for Alhambra Palace ideal

Garage right under the building.
    • Economy Twin Room

Garage right under the building. Good location, 15 minutes distance from central Granada. Excellent spa. Helpful staff.

Very impressive hotel & city !
    • Twin Room with Extra Bed

Professional & courteous staff.

Paying for two nights parking for one nights stay

Paying for two nights parking for one nights stay

No restaurant

Staff very friendly

Really pleasant

Lovely location

Lovely hotel with a great Spa and lovely massage chair

Heating was broken

Problem with no heating in room so very cold

Great hotel in a convenient situation

Problem with heating

The Spa hotel is quiet and situated in a nice area

Not easy to drive to, but the underground parking helped.
    • Economy Twin Room

Not easy to drive to, but the underground parking helped.

La cama comoda

Spa imposible de reservar

La cama comoda

Experiencia inolvidable

La cama era súper cómoda!!! El trato genial. El spa era confortable.

Comfortable beds.

Hidden expense of pool

Comfortable beds. Good shower facilities

A good stay after all
    • Economy Twin Room

Room too small and not very clean

Clean room, lovely spa

Spa

Very enjoyable stay in lovely clean spacious hotel
    • Economy Twin Room

Very peaceful location close to town. Very spacious and comfortable room.

The spa is nice
    • Economy Twin Room

The very very very little room, horrible room but we changed it and we paid some money for that.

SPA

We had a very pleasant stay and would return!
    • Economy Twin Room

Internet was poor! Parking expensive!

We loved the spa, free visit was amazing!! Very convenient to the city and beautiful views of the mountains!!

Browse Senator Granada Spa Hotel traveller photo gallery