Reviews of Senator Mar Menor Golf & Spa Resort This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Infanta Cristina, 44, 30710 Los Alcázares, Spain

#11 of 15 hotels in Los Alcázares

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Overall a pleasant stay

The restaurant let’s the hotel down, buffet is the only option but food is very poor, there’s little choice, it’s cold and over cooked. It’s also expensive with breakfast 12 euros, evening meal 20 euros.

Comfortable room, with excellent view out to sea. Lovely pool. Staff on reception are friendly and helpful but have limited English so can be a challenge.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Nice place probably wouldn't return because of location unless I had my own transport
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

Location was the only downside to our visit, took 25 minutes to walk to the nearest shop. Local bus & taxis not very reliable.

Very Good apartments, well equipped & spacious. Great pools for the children.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Very good apartment -perfect for our short stay .
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

-a few English channels on the television would have been nice -underground secure car parking was reasonably priced at a discounted 3.75 euro a day (Club VIP Card offered to us for this discount). Overall it became a hassle as the process of using the buzzer at the car park to contact reception to open the car park door involved delays . We spent 10 mins one night at 11pm waiting for the door to be opened. -check in was efficient , could perhaps be friendlier and involved a lot of signing forms !

We stayed in a 2 bed/2 bathroom apartment which was super comfortable and had everything we needed .The shower in the main bathroom was terrific -extra jets of water provided a refreshing experience! The kitchen was well equipped with dishwasher and washing machine and microwave . We had a lovely view to the golf course which we enjoyed when we breakfasted on the balcony. Even though the apartments and hotel were quite busy the atmosphere was very family orientated . We were able to sleep peacefully till 9am which was an unexpected bonus in an apartment facing onto the beautiful pool area. The pools and the slides were a big hit with our 12 year old son . The pool area was kept very clean and we observed the pool area being cleaned each morning -every single chair washed down each day -impressive standard.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Wouldn’t go back, unfortunately.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Never one to normally complain about things but I paid to check in early had to wait 20 min for the room, eventually got to the room it stank of alcohol and hadn’t been touched by house keeping yet. Spoke to one of the House keepers just outside and she after 10 min on a phone call to reception sent me down to get another room. Once at reception where I had checked in 30 min earlier I recieved help from a different lady who then checked me out and I said no I’m suppose to receive a new room. After much confusion between her and all the other reception staff I explained that housekeeping sent me down because they apparently had a new room for me as it was dirty, they eventually issued a new room. Once I got to my new room housekeeping was then in it again cleaning the room and I had to wait for them to finish. Once they had finished I tried to settle into the room but it was as though it had never seen a vacuum or broom . It was incredibly dusty, the sleeper chair was falling apart. That was just the first 1,5 hours and my stay didn’t necessarily get much better.

The pool was very nice and some of the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Disappointing. Would not use again.

We were asked to move rooms unexpectedly, i felt the member of staff did not answer my questions then put us in a room with a faulty air con unit! So after a complaint they moved us back into our original room. Very odd.

Leaving.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Size of the property.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

The service was abysmal, absolutely appalling. Air con was poor, we requested assistance and had to wait 1.5 hours. No English television channels. The safety deposit/safe didn’t work. Deposit of €10 per towel plus €1 for changing towels plus the towels were lifted by the men pruning the trees! The guests above our apartment flicked their cigarette ash down on top of our outdoor living space. We were charged €20 for late checkout but the air con was put off at the normal checking out time.

Size of the property. Daily cleaning service.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Nice hotel, big rooms, nice pool area, slide for kids

You need a car, although I did see few people catching a bus or walking, it’s quite a walk to anywhere close . And of course u can take taxis which are inexpensive. I did not take dinner as it was €20 and I did not think there was much on choice, but I only looked once. , I did however eat in the cafe which was ok for toast in the morning and a snack in the afternoon or evening. No English TV at all, not even the news.

Rooms are big and spacious and very clean. Reception staff friendly and helpful. I asked to change rooms for a better view, which they did happily. Spa - massage is a must. Tea and coffee in the room is a plus as not in all Spanish hotels.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Great room and would use again but staff need to be friendlier.

The check in was slow and was given very basic information. The staff in the restaurant in the morning were very stern looking and unhelpful. The motorway is very close but was not disturbed by it.

The room was very spacious with a large balcony with great views. The bed was large and very comfortable. Parking was no problem. the breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Clean, polite personel.
    • Superior Apartment

A bit far away from the center, but taxi is easy accessible and the staff calls one for you. The air-condition was a bit slow, and could have been more settings to make it colder.

Clean, polite personel. Nice swimmingpool area.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Good facilities with very poor, dated service.

Service of the bar was very, very poor! Old-fashioned and time-consuming. The quality of food wasn't 4 star, wasn't fresh, everything was from the microwave and the variety of it was limited. Cafe wasn't open before 10.30am!!! The cleaning service wasn't daily and there was no soap in the bathroom.

Swimming pool and the slides were excellent. The room was big and had great view.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Beautiful hotel but lacked atmosphere
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

Hotel seemed too big for its purpose. It is very impressive-spacious, beautiful patio areas, high ceilings, large spaces but the consequence of that is the lack of atmosphere. The staff were not overly friendly and the food was very average. We had a hire car and location was near motorway so very handy. 15 mins south to Cartagena and 20 mins north to Torrevieja. Could not stay here without a car-20 mins walk to town which is mostly rundown except for newer northern area which is 30 mins walk. Area surrounding hotel is like a wasteland-nice golf courses but lots of new tourist developments which were abandoned, quite sad. Only 2/3 decent restaurants in Los Alcázares.

Great value as could pass as 5 star hotel. I read comments on the food needing improvement and I agree. Just very average but satisfactory as not expensive. Pools and water slides fantastic and views over golf course. 2 bed apartment had double sink bathroom and then ensuite for other bedroom. Cleaners came everyday-fully equipped modern kitchen with washing machine/dishwasher. I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Ok

The electric going off through the night

Lovely hotel but painters outside on our patio in the morning so didn't get any privacy.. Electric went off between 3 am to 6 am. . But the electric didn't come back until 6.20 couldn't see a thing....pitch black in room and bathroom

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

This is our third holiday in Los Alcazaros , it never fails to impress

The Hotel is situated some distance from the Centre of the Town, though a taxi fare to the Plaza is less then 10 Euro , it is a long walk . Bikes can be hired at the Senator . There are no alternative bars or restaurants close to the Hotel , so that limits your choice. We had a car hired for the three weeks stay in the Province of Murcia , so travelling to and from the hotel was only a problem if one wanted to have a drink. Prices for drinks in the Hotel are above the street prices and the bar , while we were there, never seemed too busy .

Rosanna at Reception was very helpful and pleasant at all times. The Hotel has excellent facilities and, if one is lucky enough , excellent views of the Golf Course , the sea and the Sierras. We were upgraded to an Apartment for small money and the size of the apartment was excellent. The Los Alcazaros Plaza is an area which provides great variety of restaurants and the standard is good. There is a Taxi Rank at the North of it . It has two Irish Bars , The Celt and the Brewery , the latter was designed and built in Ireland and delivered for construction .

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

When visiting Spain again I will look to stay at a Senator hotel again.
    • Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only negatives which did not particularly spoil our enjoyment but might others is the proximity to the Motorway which runs close to the hotel. Whilst the pool is lovely and big its not especially suited to very young children as half of it it is 2.2 metres deep! The water slides were only open Friday Saturday and Sunday when the lifeguard is working. This may be different in the Summer months so check. For the the nearest restaurants beyond the hotel you probably need a car.

We booked a room through booking.com for a family of 4. We arrived over an hour early and were allowed to check in straight away. We stayed in a suite and the staff fitted the children's beds in the sitting room later in the evening. The room was amazing. This was a short stop over picked because it was closer to Murcia San Javier airport (about 10 minutes away) Breakfast was good large choice available to accommodate most. Staff were friendly. We were treated to a bottle of Cava and fresh fruit shortly after arrival to the room which was not expected but a very nice touch.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Great apartment with direct access to the pool area.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The patio/balcony area needed a good clean. Lifeguard was quite inconsistent in applying rules. Three English speaking children were banned from using the jacuzzi as too young but the following day he allowed some clearly younger Spanish children to use it.

Great apartment with direct access to the pool area. Rosana on reception is lovely

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

where did they get 4* from ? stayed hotel Cristina 1km away that had 3 stars and was far superior.

Cleaning was poor, no room service after 9pm, staff were miserable and unhelpful. Shaved in bathroom sink and all week still stubble residue. Breakfast was plentiful, although you had to chase the staff to refresh old items or those that had run out. Quiet place with good internet, no international tv and biggest problem was lack of room service.

Room was spacious

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Wonderful wedding anniversary stay over
    • Superior Twin Room with Terrace

The only thing which I was disappointed with was the drink prices at the bar, nearly 10 euros for a whisky and mixer, large bottle of water 2.85 euros, and small bottle of beer over 3 euros, there is no other bars close by therefore they have a captive audience and can charge what they like,

beautiful room and view of the golf course and the sea in the distance, staff very accommodating, especially one of the ladies on reception, Me and my wife will be returning in the near future,

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Better places around
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Where do I start, Room was not cleaned for 3 days, They said it was because we had dogs but we were charged £10 a day for each dog despite them being tiny. This was not taken at checkout to make up for the room not being cleaned. There was only a kettle in the room despite pictures showing a coffee machine. I went down to buy 2 coffees and told I had to pay 25 euros for breakfast if I wanted coffee. Really, very wrong as you had a coffee machine in the bar. Also, a girl, about 2 years old was screaming so loud it woke us up, we found her being dragged by a boy around 7 years old across the stone floor, We stopped him, went to reception who came over, went to their parents room and then just walked off leaving us to look after the kids, No parents and no help from the hotel. He just shrugged his shoulders when we asked what to do. Not a great place to stay

Room was okay.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Excellent room as last time. It's just the food let you down on the first couple of days.
    • Suite (2 Adults)

Had to speak to the Manager with our complaints before the food and choice improved. After our meeting the food improved 100 per cent. As a 4star hotel this should not have been necessary. You should be per excellent at all times. Originally items were not available from the menu with no substitute on offer. When we asked for ice cream to finish our meal due to the small and poor choice we were told it was not possible, but we could pay extra to have an ice cream. Very poor.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

perfect

nothing.

Lovely big room, bed, balcony, quiet and all the facilities you need. Very flexible and accommodating staff. Great food. Free parking outside. Large pool with many sun loungers.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Lovely, relaxing stay

You need a car if you are using it more for the golf course.

Lovely hotel, we had an amazing King room with a HUGE comfy bed. Its a little bit away from the town of Los Alcázares so we were glad we had a hire car. Lovely relaxing hotel A+

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

A pleasant surprise.

Room was lovely, only gripe against scoring higher was that the curtains were slightly torn. The fabric used is lovely, but could be susceptible to this.

Was only using the hotel as a short stopover and far better than anticipated. Great shower room. Breakfast was also excellent.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Nice hotel, let down by the staff..

The staff

Arrived 9pm after travelling all day; Girl in Bar restaurant rude and unhelpful; actually did not even speak. I asked for the menu which she threw at me. I had a pizza almost inedible..... ( aparrently after I complaimed was told from reception that the there was also a restaurant menu I was not give,.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

A convenient hotel close to family, but not close to the beach. A car is necessary.

The bed was a good size but not very comfy - too hard for our preferred choice. Also, annoyingly, the fire alarm went off four times during our 7 night stay, but no apology or explanation given. When I called reception they said it was a problem in the toilet!

Nice room, spacious and tea and coffee making facilities were welcome.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Amazing room we had the suite which was one of the best...

Nothing around, couldn’t walk to bars or restaurants and the place was empty so no vibe!

Amazing room we had the suite which was one of the best rooms we’d ever stayed in!

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Rough Diamond
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

Sofa bed was worn and broken, but everything else was to an acceptable standard. You have to pay (A lot) to go to the indoor swimming pool (€16 adults €8 kids) and kids can only go between 10am - 12pm. We didn't eat their as other reviews put us off; but there are some great places to eat nearby. Outdoor swimming pool slides are only available during summer (We went Easter) even though the weather was nice. We had a few problems with getting into our room as the keys are electronically programmed (had to change the key 4 times, over a 4 day break). Ironing board was a bit naff.

Value for money. Great location within close distance of shops, restaurants and highway; although you do need a vehicle to get to them - sounds a bit contradictory but I know what I mean. Any room problems were sorted quite quickly. Great room with 2 beautiful bathrooms and a fully kitted out kitchen - dishwasher and washing machine too. Beautiful view over the golf resort and outdoor swimming pool.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Stay was ok but the resort and hotel was a bit dead.

Would have been nice to have had some live music to listen or dance to in the evenings as there was nowhere to walk to nearby. All the upholstery was in need of a good clean in lobby and restaurant etc. Our room (101) had a large stain on the chair and the curtain tape was hanging off on one side. The balcony door had a gap at the bottom in the middle. In the bathroom the toilet roll holder was loose.

Comfy bed. Very large room.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Reception staff very helpful and restaurant/bar staff very pleasant. Would book again.

My visit was early April and though it does state the outdoor pool isn't open, had a couple of hot days, so would have been lovely to have had a dip in the outdoor pool.

I booked a king room but it was more like a suite. Really large hallway, shower and bedroom. No complaints.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Good hotel
    • Suite

Evening restaurant not open no idea why just pizza's etc available. Road noise was a nuisance as this hotel is so near the busy road. Some kind of road noise reduction is needed.

Plenty of room in the Suite. Shower lovely.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Good location for travelling around the region but quite far from the centre of Los Alcázares
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

The bar area is very poor, uncomfortable and staff were unfriendly, borderline rude! Bar closes at 12 - music was abruptly switched off at 11.30pm Bar tender actually tutted when we requested a second drink

Reception staff and room cleaning staff were lovely- very helpful and cheerful. Apartments are very comfortable and well equipped

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Bib private apartment.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

Bad was that bathtub had broken drainage.it was little dirty, but equipped with gleaning stuff

Bib private apartment. All equipped with all things you need to make yourselves feel like at home.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

The room and balcony were very spacious and the staff was...

The indoor pool closed at 6pm and opened at 11am so there was no chance of trying it out.

The room and balcony were very spacious and the staff was friendly. The location is near motorway with easy access but far away from sea.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Not overly happy
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Reception , had no answers to any of our questions regarding dinner times Staff unhelpful and unfriendly and require training , lighting far too bright and uninviting

Apartment was clean and acceptable ,and warm and cosy ,

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

A good stay but disappointed with the food.

The dinner wasn’t the standard expected from a 4 star hotel.The food was cold and our chicken was very undercooked.

The room was spacious and comfortable

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Breakfast was awful

Our bathroom was huge but did not want to use it as no heating in there at all. This made it very uncomfortable to take a shower. There should be a heating facility in the bathroom in the winter months.

Room very spacious with lovely sea views.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

woul bud stay aga

area quiet need a car to get around could only get a snack in bar / was told have to pay to use indoor pool

bed was large lovely & clean room

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

They advertise with an inside swimming pool so I booked for...

They advertise with an inside swimming pool so I booked for me and my 9 year old son. The rules say you need to rent a towel, flip flops, bathing cap and goggles before being able to swim.......quite ridiculous for a quick dip in the pool!!!

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Disappointed.

The mattress was SO HARD, I’d booked 7 nights and hardly slept during my whole stay. I departed with very severe back pain. Terribly disappointed considering it was a 4* Hotel. If all the Senator hotels have beds like that, I won’t ever stay in the Senator hotels again. When I booked I understood that the Spa facilities would be available without charge every morning between 10 and 12. Only one visit to the Spa is included per stay, further visits to the Spa are charged extra. No shaver socket in the bathroom, so I couldn’t plug in my electric toothbrush. You are required to pay extra to use the small safe in the room. The two chairs in the bedroom were also uncomfortable, though they looked very nice.

Beautiful, spacious room, lovely decor.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

A group of us stayed at the hotel, as we had a dinner dance, it was ideal for our needs.

Very comfortable beds, huge rooms, tea and coffee making facilities in the room, which was a bonus, plus 2 free bottles of water. Large walk in shower with fluffy white towels.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

the hotel was ideal for what we wanted on this occassion

the room heating system wasn't efficient to cope with the size of the room which was very cold especially the bathroom.

nice big rooms and bathroom friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

It was a very good stay.

Breakfast was expensive and not good value for money

Room was spacious with a large balcony. It was very clean and serviced every day. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

A bit of a walk to the town centre if you did not have a car

Beautiful large room with wonderful view. Very helpful staff, all in all will definitely go back again!

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

The rooms are big with a nice terraze.

The rooms are big with a nice terraze. The furniture is old, and in general it needs to be renovated. It was an spa with an small pool of salty water. Good for relax close to the beach or play golf.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Good room with beautiful views.

Evening meal was not what you would expect from a 4* hotel. Cafeteria food is what I would call it, and not much choice. We ate out and just use it as a snack in the evening. You do need transport, hotel is set out on its own.

The room was large and roomy. The bed was fantastic, very big and very comfortable. Large bathroom, well equipped. large modern tv. Kettle with tea and coffee making facilaties. Breakfast was very good, plenty of choices. The spa looked very good, but we did not get to use it.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Probably the best rooms that we've stayed at and probably one of the cheapest places we've stayed at

Was a little out of the way, short 10 minute taxi to a very good area to eat and drink, wasn't too far.

Rooms were very nice, excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2017

Not a 4 star hotel in winter months due to lack of guests

Surely the restaurant should be open in the evening, especially as almost an hours walk to restaurants in the nearest town Buffet breakfast at 12e per person was stone cold and the eggs had gone hard. Would it not be better if lack of guests to cook individual rather than leave food cooked for about 30 people to get cold?

Cleanliness / pleasant staff / rooms / comfortable bed

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

good value for money ; a very clean hotel with very nice accommodation .look elsewhere to eat

see above

VERy few in hotel such that no atmosphere;bar/eating area in evening empty.Lovely room but catering service is a disappointment.Maybe we were between seasons

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Would not recommend
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Lots of things where broke in the room and even when reported several times they did not get fixed. The pool was very cold too cold for the baby. The room never got cleaned.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

All in all a positive stay. Would go again.

The location is too far to walk into the local village for restaurants and bars. The food / bar menu at the hotel needs to be improved.

Very clean spacious rooms. The staff were very friendly. Would recommend to others. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

okay stay, not 4 star
    • Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

hotel food not great quality not clean in room and bad smell from air conditioning in many areas, mould around air con units on ceilings needs painting/maintanence in areas all a little tired for 4 star rating generally disappointed. We pre booked the spa but decided to leave early instead

Room with view, spacious suite Staff nice, main entrance/reception area nice

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Fantastic hotel especially the thermal spa and breakfast
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I thought I he booked a two bedroom apartment for our filly of six but was told at the hotel the maximum number of people in that apartment is five so I had to book another room

Highly recommend paying 10€ extra for upgrade! Really good breakfast

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Good standard of accommodation!

The spa didn't have any treatments and when I booked to go into the indoor pool there were far too many noisy kids who shouldn't be allowed to use this facility as they have plenty of pools to choose from and this place should be a tranquil chill out for adults!

Lovely accommodation, great breakfast choice, good communal areas

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Good value for money.

Breakfast was not included.

Lovely big room,king size comfortable bed, nice balcony could see the sea , tea making facilities, friendly staff. Well done.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Fab

No so much the hotel itself but the distance from beach, bars shops etc makes it feel a bit isolated at times.

This hotel is a beautiful hotel. The room we stayed in was a King and it had one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. There is a huge shower. In the bedroom they have a wee cooler/fridge which was perfect. The pool area is gorgeous, the slides and jacuzzi were a lovely break from laying out ☺️ We didn't eat here much, just a sandwich and pizza for a snack, and they were really nice. I celebrated my birthday whilst I was here and the hotel gave me a bottle of bubbly. It was a big surprise and was greatly appreciated.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Comfortable very quiet thank god for the bus service

The majority of staff could not speak any English and it became difficult to communicate. The evening buffet was very poor not a lot to choose from and what was available was basic

The hotel was comfortable and very spacious and clean

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

A great family break
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

You cannot access the beach from the property and its not in walking distance . So although it appears close to the sea you need to get in your car to get there.

The pool area , jacuzzi and water slides are fabulous! And the food was great. Breakfast well worth adding onto your booking! They have cava!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Ok Hotel, poor reception staff, great bar staff .activities only for spanish speaking guests

The food and location

Room was great, location was not - pool was closed due to pollution three times, staff in the bar were brilliant, reception were awful, grumpy and abrupt. Food was below average, uncooked chicken at dinner and no concern from the waiting staff

• Reviewed: September 8, 2017

Excellent, booked last minute on line and arrived in the next hour

didnt like the large long bolster pillow, would prefer separate pillows

large rooms, comfortable bed, excellent value for buffet meals in the restaurant

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Great pool lovely views slides in pool great for kids comfy...

Booked a room for 1 adult 2 kids 10/12 got a twin room with no choice of a pull out bed and told kids had to share a bed A twin bed???? Had to upgrade

Great pool lovely views slides in pool great for kids comfy pillows

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Lots of faults in the apartment, towel rail hanging off the...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lots of faults in the apartment, towel rail hanging off the wall, sofa bed broken with front panel completely hanging off, chair on the porch damaged, you couldn't sit on it without risking falling through, couldn't use the safe as it was locked from a previous guest, sink in the bathroom made a constant glugging sound for 3 days! Finally, we were treated disgracefully by a member of staff in the cafeteria who accused us of lying when we received our bill with drinks on it that we had never received, I refused to pay for the 2 drinks that we hadn't received and she was very rude and disrespectful!

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Fantastic pool to keep the kids very happy

Staffing levels at reception on peak times such as check-in and out were pitiful - usually one! Didn't eat in the main restaurant but bar food was some of the worst I've eaten Avoid the 'Pizza' at all costs unless you have very hard teeth. Crunchy grated cheese! Who knew? It is a little out of the way so don't stay without a car. Accessed via an easy to miss slip road off the roundabout on the motorway exit. Biggest shock is that you are under the flight path for arrivals at Murcia airport. Wave to the passengers.

Rooms were great. Balcony overlooked the pool, golf course and sea in the distance. Tea making facilities in room including a small fridge to keep the milk and chocolate covered biscuits we bought at Lidl. TV channels OK, with ability to change to English on many films. Best bit really was the pool. My daughter loved the slides and main pool and although it said it closed at a particular time, she was out there until late. Bit of a towel on sunbed thing going on though. Parking is free, plentiful and on the roads surrounding the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Very disappointing for this level of hotel, we would not stay again.

Customer service from the staff, they were not happy and unhelpful when they thought I had ordered a bottle of water at dinner and I hadn't. They shook their heads as if we were at fault. Had to wait a long time for toilet paper to be delivered to my room as only ever one roll in the bathroom. Evening meal was never hot, pasta sauce was always cold, not even on a hot plate.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Only booked this hotel as nothing else available in August at a similar price but would not recommen

Reception very poor as only 1 staff usually on so long waits for most guests Poolside parasols and seating all past there best Little entertainment Terrible location as car hire needed or a 10 minute taxi to the beach or town Hotel looks dreary and in need of an upgrade

Pools were good

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Avoid if you don't like crowds and queing!

Too crowded, made it feel like a 'rushed' experience. Extremely slow service at reception, always long lines of people waiting to be served! Swimmingpool overcrowded of noisy children (and adults!) who were actually quite rude at times too. Included spa entrance, but spa is quite small and not very exciting actually. Pet-friendly room was at the worst possible corner of the hotel - the view included the highway, and it was very noisy due to loud, barking pets because owners left them alone in their room! (ours does not bark at all)

Nice that we could bring our dog! Nice size shower

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Great size suite and water slides were good
    • Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

45 min plus check in time. You also need a swim hat if using spa we were not told and I was not prepared to pay for 5 for an hour, so waste of our time - I have some in uk I could have taken.- an important bit of information...

Great size suite and water slides were good

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

Generally good with a bit of the sour taste.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults + 1 Child)

Annoying additional charges. I can understand extra money for underground parking although taking into account that hotel is in the middle of nowhere with the plenty of street parking around it is a little bit odd. However, charing extra money for the use of safe is beyond my understanding. Also, beware that when you booking the apartment (at least through booking.com) the confirmation email states that checkout time is 12:00, in fact hotel insists that 12:00 is only for the hotel room and apartments must be vacated before 10:00. For the relatively small extra fee you can extend your stay until 18:00.

Apartment is great: clean, spacious, well equipped. Swimming pool area is great as well.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

enjoyed our stay but would stay closer to the main square if we went again.

The food in the main hotel restaurant was awful. A shuttle bus from the hotel to the main square would be good as there is nothing else around the hotel. My husband and 2 of his friends went to the golf centre and booked to play they also got measured for golf clubs and paid to hire them. The next day when they went to play the booking was on the computer but the golf clubs had been given out to other people and they didn't have anymore for them to hire, so they could not play.

We booked a King room which was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Fantastic family hotel with flumes but food isn't good.
    • Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There was a jakuzzi bath which I ran and couldn't wait to try but it was broken!!!!! Really annoying. The cooked food is awful! Honestly I saw reviews and thought people maybe fussy but honestly the only normal tasting food was the chips!!!! Really sad as it lets the place down.

Bedroom suit was large clean and lots of toiletries. There are tea making facilities which seems unusual for European hotels. Pool was the biggest bonus and the flames kept my kids busy for hours!!! There are life guards and a pool side cafe. There was kids entertainment and my kids didn't want to leave! There were a few things not working mentioned below however the hotel automatically took off the cost of breakfast, safe, garage without me asking.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Lovely hotel but remote from other amenities

The biggest drawback was that the hotel was a bit remote. Very little was available within walking distance.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. The pool areas were lovely and well kept.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Lovely staff, great hotel but rent a car as you need it for the beach.

I think the location lets down this hotel. You need a car to get to the beach, however ,if you are going for the golf then that's no problem. The only other thing that's said in the brochure is that the rooms are totally sound proof. Unfortunately that's not true as I could hear a child crying loudly a lot. Again that's not the hotel staff problem.

The room was very big. The maids cleaned the room every day. In fact the cleaning staff were hard at work from dawn to dusk. The hotel staff were very helpful. If you tried to speak Spanish they really appreciated it as the vast majority of the staff were mainly Spanish speakers. Of course the reception staff spoke English as well. The evening buffet was great. Their was something for everyone. The spa was amazing

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Could be better for this price!
    • Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bottle of water and some snacks from the minibar in the room were open, poor dinner!

Location, dimension of the suite, free animation service for the children, pool.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

• Superior Twin Room with Terrace

One particular member of staff. She was very rude. Talking loud about the first credit card not being accepted. So definitely will not be going back to this hotel again.

We like the area of which the hotel is situated

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Fabulous for a long weekend break 5 mins by taxi from Murcia airport

Evening restaurant

The professionalism and assistance of the staff at reception was excellent breakfast good value pool area had a Terrefic atmosphere

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

quite and comfortable and very relaxing
    • Superior Twin Room with Terrace

access to murcia town was very difficult.

it was a very nice hotel i have no complaints in that department. they would be better off turning it into an all inclusive hotel with entertainment. it was too quite and there was no music or activity at the pool. ?????

• Reviewed: June 22, 2017

TOP HOTEL BUT A BIT AWAY FROM THE RESORT,IDEAL FOR PRICE,GOLF AND RELAXATION

more buses,and more bars etc near the hotel

beautiful hotel with great rooms service etc etc,nly problem was it had nothoing around it like papershops,cafe,bars etc etc the bus was only cents pp and reliable but go to bus stop 15 minutes before departure,the bus has a siesta mid to afternoon euroand last bus is 20.55/21.55 from the square,average taxi price to town is