Reviews of Hotel Sercotel Acteón Valencia 4 stars

Escultor Vicente Beltrán Grimal, 2, Camins al Grau, 46023 Valencia, Spain

#82 of 95 hotels in Valencia

• Double or Twin Room

Getting an iron to the room was a problem. Unlike other 4star hotels we didn't have a coffee machine in the room. The laundry is very expensive.

Location. Cleanliness. Breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

There was no minibar in the room despite the fact that there should be one. After we reported the problem the reception did not offer any solution. When we brought it up during checkout, the said she was "sorry we misunderstood them". Simply terrible treatment. I cannot recommend this hotel despite the positives due to the treatment we received.

The location was great. The bed was very big and comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel was nice and the service in it was great.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room

Had some trouble during the check-in. It took a while to get the room i've booked

- The room was very clean and quiet. - Very comfortable large bed. - The staff was very nice and helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms design/appearance could be refreshed.

Great location: walking distance from both City of arts & sciencies and beach. Nice breakfast buffet.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not clean. No tea/coffee making facilities in room. No mini bar (as they were refurbishing the rooms) A/C didn't work properly. Took 1.5 hours to check due to a problem with booking.com eventually they booked me in without waiting for the booking.com confirmation even though I did show them my confirmation I had received. I was promised chocolates for my trouble nothing was ever given to me. The buffet breakfast was very poor, the food was not hot enough, service in the restaurant was extremely poor. Only Spanish channels available on the Tv.

The washrooms were not cleaned properly. The glasses were not replaced after use. Check in was really slow. The hotel is gives a very old feeling.

The location was good. We could walk to major attractions from there.

• Double or Twin Room

The toilet didn't work in the bathroom so we got another room which was a twin rather a double bed. We didn't want to complain and change again as it was very late and we only stayed for two nights but I think that it was a poor replacement.

Very decent breakfast. Helpful getting taxi to airport.

• Double or Twin Room

Is you are looking to work out at the gym, be prepare to be disappointed, old machines, dirty and the sauna is never on, not even when you ask. Not close to town center

The room was very confortable, breakfast not too bad, nice and friendly receptionist (Salud), bus stop to get to town just opposite the hotel

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was delicious and reasonable value. The tapas in the bar were extremely good. Our room was spacious and very clean. We had a marvellous time in this lively beautiful city.

• Double or Twin Room

Layout of breakfast (cereals at one end and yogurt right at the other end) No outside roof space for views! Changed password on WiFi without informing us causing us to use up all our mobile data and having to buy more!!!

Staff, location, quiet area, walking distance from beach and city center.

• Double or Twin Room

Although the lobby area of the hotel was reasonable for a 4 star, I would rate the bedroom that we were allocated as being 2 star. The central heating did not work consequently the room was very cold. The colour scheme was gloomy, the room very bare, and tea only was available in the room. I requested coffee sachets but informed none available only tea. The breakfast buffet was less than satisfactory.

Staff very friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately you could clearly hear people outside the hotel in the street until 5am through the windows and we were on the 3rd floor, so external noise proofing could be better. There were no coffee making facilities and the shower head fixture was broken so the shower head fell out a few times during use.

The hotel was close to the city and main attractions. It was clean and the room had lots of space, a comfy bed and air conditioning. The room was cleaned every day and new towels and sheets provided. Breakfast was good, with a good variety of hot and cold food to suit most people.

• Double or Twin Room

The street noise is loud and the window was not normally closed. The towels were changed everyday, but the room was not hoovered, although Valencia takes place at sea side, ergo sand is not unique. On the hotel website there is info of gym which is missing the fact "gym" from XX. century: 1 treadmill and its type 30years earlier, no door handle, all looked like and was factually worn out - So do not count on it!

The bed was great, not to soft or hard and the room is sizable.

• Double or Twin Room

The heating system works bad which took nearly 1h to get warm.The cleaning service is extremely bad that they picked up the trash I left on the floor and put them on my bedside table.Worse,they throw away what don’t need to,the plastic bag that I used to put my slippers(I put it above my suitcase).

Decoration of the room looks tropical with mint green.The main hall of the hotel looks great and breakfast is very good.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very comfortable. Staff were excellent and when I fell ill and had to go to hospital for a week they extended our stay at really good rates and looked after my wife so that she was comfortable staying on her own. I must commend a particular member of reception staff, Salud, who actually came to the hospital to help with translation.

• Double or Twin Room

I don't like low fat yoghurt. They had no full-fat stuff. Breakfast was good but not good value. Overall hotel very good value.

Good bacon, coffee, room bathroom bed, quiet. Refurbished spotless hotel. 9 min walk from Ayora tube station. Nice nearby restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

We haven't had toilet brush.

We were upgraded to Junior Suite. Bed was super comfortable and big. Other facilities provided in room (coffee machine, water...) were very handy.

• Double or Twin Room

This does not deserve to be rated as a 4 star hotel. The bathroom looked dirty and had hair in the bath. Bed sheets had holes in them. There was no mini bar just complimentary water. Not what I would expect from a 4 star hotel. I can only assume the extortionate price I paid was due to its convenient location to the Marathon route. I didn't use any facilities so I can't comment on them. But in general the hotel public areas looked tired. Maybe it has seen better days....but certainly not now.

• Double or Twin Room

Loo was not working properly and after 3hrs and two visits to the reception someone turned to fix but actually left it in the same condition. Staff could smile a bit. Hotel is nice but defo need a refurb.

The breakfast was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Dirty. Smelly . Noisy. Terrible value for money. It took 45 minutes to check as only one member of staff on reception. Our room stank of cigarette smoke . I have stayed in better youth hostels . No way does this place deserve 4 stars. I complained on departure and they compensated me a beer and a water which saved me 3 euros I couldn't be bothered to argue I just wanted to get out of there, to be fair the receptionist was nice and apologetic but to be honest, at 139 euros night they should be wearing masks on reception as it is daylight robbery.

Absolutely nothing

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast expensive, with self service coffee from machine. Didn't have breakfast but checked it out before deciding to give it a miss. Nowhere for smokers to go for a fix;-)

Large comfortable rooms. Quiet location Friendly multi-lingual staff. Good shower soft towels.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We stayed in the Suite and it was huge. It's actually 2 large rooms with a private bathroom each joined by a common living area which also has a guest bathroom. Breakfast was very good with all the usual suspects.

• Double or Twin Room

The property rooms needs remodeling: very small TV (16 inch screen) old and worn out carpeting and furniture, the gym machines do not work. The price is too high for the quality of the room. The hotel lobby was clean and modern which you would expect the guest rooms to be the same.

Location is perfect. It is clean

• Double or Twin Room

I wish it was a little more clean. Also when ordering room service the staff barely spoke English, so it was difficult to order

Lots of space in the room! Reception was friendly. Short walk to public transport

• Double or Twin Room

There is no air conditioning in the gym. So it's very hot there. There should have been a welcome drink for us. There wasn't. Breakfast though good looks nothing like on the photos. Towels were not very good. They were soft but left whole body covered with white dots.

Air conditioning in the room. Gym on top floor. Quite good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Rude, unpofessional and the worst service got from who worked in reception the guy named Pablo. We had 2 triple rooms. We got there the worst treatmant that is why we checked out one day before after we suffered 3 days. Pablo recomanded us to leave the hotel if we are not enjoying. Never go to there!!!

Location and breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The location was good but as easy to get to beach and city centre by bus but outside was a little shabby

the receptionists were great and the breakfast was very good

• Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms: plumbing needs a refurbishment.. And air conditioning is bad... Doesn't cool to its optimal capacity... We stayed in this hotel last year as well but it's the same with air-conditioning... They need to fix it.

It's a comfortable bed... They should provide plug points on the bed side for gadgets charging..

• Double or Twin Room

You have to pay extra for certain facilities.Not included in the price.

Location pretty good, in a quite area, 25 minutes walk to the beaches,10 minutes walk to Cites del arts y ciences, 8 min walk to Ayora metro station. Good connections. Room was tiyed up every morning, towels changed as well,AC, TV, very spacious room. Staff friendly.

• Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

This is my third stay in this hotel and I really like it; I like its location between the town center and the beaches. I had requested a room with a view to the Plaza and I got it , thanks for this!

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I booked two rooms, & asked to have them right next to each other so we can be close to our teenage kids. We were upgraded to a suite instead so no complaints here! It was big & gorgeous! The two rooms were opposite from each other. The other room was a little warm bec the AC was not blowing enough cool air but other that, everything was perfect!

Location is close to places I wanted to see. The hotel is beautiful, clean & the rooms are very spacious..

• Double or Twin Room

The front desk only had one assistant and it took 15min average each time I need to leave my key, rent a bike or ask for the sauna password.

Clean, everything works fine, the location is ok. Breakfast and Restaurant are really tasty but they dont have a large variety.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

At breakfast the fried eggs and bacon were too greasy. Would have liked tea and coffee facility in room.

Beds were very comfy. Good air con in room. Excellent blackout blinds. Reasonable view. Excellent choice of food and drink at breakfast (see note below).

• Double or Twin Room

The gym didn't work. And the receptionist was little rude. When I told him that the TV does not work, he tried to explain me how to fix it. My reacton was can pls someone take a look. When I got to the room the TV was switched on.

The bathroom was great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No slippers were provided although they appear in the description.

Great location, very close to city of arts, oceanograf, beach, gulliver park etc. Nice staff , rooms very spacious, large bathroom. The rooms are quite used though the hotel is new but I guess that's the uneducated tourists fault who don't take care and they leave a lot of mess and dirt behind. A renovation of the rooms would be advisable to the hotel administration to be able to keep up with the new times. Overall we had a good experience, hope we'll come back next year :)

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Pleasant room, convenient location right next to a bus stop and a few minutes walk from the Ayora metro station. There is a supermarket about 150m away.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is like 1 star.It is old and needed renovation.When we arrive,the lady at the reception ask us to wait 2 hours for check in. The staff was rought and the housekeepers are very lazy.TV DOES'N WORK.The fridge does'n work.There wasn't mini bar at all. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

The location only.

• Double or Twin Room

I would never believe the room belonged to a 4 star hotel... entering the room it had heavy smoking smell even though smoking is not allowed. The bed / mattress was really soft and uncomfortable. The walls were not clean and many broken things around.

The location of the hotel is good and quite

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

For us personally as we needed to get to the ricardo tormo circuit it would have been nice to be nearer the train station. Taxis were very expensive. Having stayed in valencia before the old town is a nicer location.

Nice big room. Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff were friendly and helpful, no complaints.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Although the room and the bathroom were not top-new or state-of-the-art I can recommend this hotel and if come back to Valencia one day, I would probably book this one again. Especially since the price was good.

Compared to other spanish Hotels we´ve been so far, this one stands out. First of all the price was very good and the hotel was well furnished and clean. I had only little contact with the personal (only check-in and out) but they were fast and nice.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The wifi didn't extend all the way into the room

Excellent food, we don't normally eat in hotels, but this hotel has a great kitchen and tapas menu

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

several tiles loose and cracked in the bathroom. The room really needed some updating and the only window in the room was behind the bed so you had to stand on it to reach the shades and when you did you were rewarded with a view of the front parking lot.

The walk wasn't to far to the science center, park and other attractions, However, my impression at booking was that these were closer and the neighborhoods we walked through would be better.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Quite noisy with group departures each morning losding the coaches.Rooms should have double glazing. Waited approx.15mins to get served in bar Sat. night, eventually decided to go up to bar to order the drinks. Despite 3 bar persons duty, told to wait!Asked for the Turia and tapas special that was advertised and told it wasn't possible even though meals were stil being served. It seemed as though the wait staff were more attentive to those guests having dinner than us who just wanted a drink. I did mention the inattention to reception staff as we left the bar and they asked if we'd spoken to the manager!we were hard pressed trying to order drinks let alone try and find who the bar manager was!

Room was good size and so was the bathroom

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is very old and many things in the room are broken. The staff get change towels from room but never provide new. Generally, I recommend find another hotel to spend your money.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

The bathroom floor could have been cleaner; it had stains, would have been easy to wash it to give it a better look. The air conditioning system of the hotel was a bit noisy at night.

Good location between the old town center and the beaches; a quiet area. My room was very spacious, with a king size bed; nice TV set; big windows to let the light in. Overall my room had all the comfort needed.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom needed up dated , was a big old and shabby ! The staff did not know much the buses around the area. So check your self because there is a night bus from the centre.

Under ground parking.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Gym was old. Location OK as in between centre and Museo de ciencias and oceanographico but not central.

Free parking on street outside hotel.Bus No.4 outside hotel goes straight to centre but able to walk about half hour if weather not too hot.Free water and apples.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room (1 Adult)

Gym old, dusty, no air conditioning Hotel restaurant closed for 2 nights due to the wedding party

Very good location, quiet area, 10min by bus and 15min by bike to the beach and city centre. Bike station (city bikes €13 for 7days) 1min walk from the hotel. Very nice and cheap cafeteria next to the hotel (breakfast €3 a sandwich, fresh orange juice and coffee) Spacious and clean rooms and bathrooms, comfy bed, air conditioning in the room works very quietly, you can hardly notice any noise

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Some details. Like just one kind of pillows. And not enough places to eat nearby.

From the staff at the front desk till the rooms, only compliments to do. Very good located, quiet residential location, near to town center. Maybe not the cheaper hotel of is star notation but, with no doubt, one of the best.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Parking

Maybe a better wi-Fi signal.

The rooms are amazing!!! You almost don't want to leave the room. Staff is great, room comfy, bathtub awesome... Nothing to complain!!

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bedroom was not 4 stars: the bathroom ceiling was orange due to the rust, the water tab was broken and also the WC trash. The water tap from the shower was all green. The curtains were torn. We expected more from a 4start hotel.

The bed was very confortable and restaurant food was amazing

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The carpets and bedding were stained and the rooms smelled. We had to wait a full day/night to get into a room with working air conditioner. The gym was old, rusted, and extremely hot. Nothing other than the lobby was as nice as the pictures.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking access not on same lift and smelly

Good facilities

Good facilities

Todo en general

No Fridge

Most

breakfast was excellent

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were so helpful excellent

• Double or Twin Room

Limited selection on food menu.

Staff were pleasant, polite and helpful.

Gym very poot

Nice staff clean room

All was good

Local cafes and shops. Proximity to my son and family who live close by

Nice place

Check in rather slow

good location and off street parking

• Double or Twin Room

Good service , big and nice room. We stayed there during las fallas. Happy memory.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a great hotel at a great price!

Check in was easy and seamless. The room was very spacious and clean.

BED ALTHOUGH VERY LARGE WAS NOT SO COMFY

• Double or Twin Room

The room is big and clean and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent choice for the price clean and friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room

TV speaker in the bathroom

value for money. underground parking.

• Double or Twin Room

Bad bed , give me two single bed for me and my wife

Central situation between sea and historic center. Easy access to everywhere with public transport

• Double or Twin Room

room decor was tired bathroom could have had the tile grout silicon renewed.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms for my first few days was tatty. Room 106. No safe or fridge. Told it was being updated. Changed for last night. WS much. Enter.

• Double or Twin Room

Pillows very inconfortable,room not very clean,no parking ,breakfast buffet expensive for the choice of food proposed ....

staff very helpful!

Room and hotel looked very old, not really a 4 stars hotel

Location very good, close to center and beach. Room cleaning every day.

The reception was very kind