Reviews of Hotel Servigroup Diplomatic 4 stars

Gerona, 9-11, 03503 Benidorm, Spain

#20 of 120 hotels in Benidorm

There wasn’t anything we didn’t like

Miguel the head of the restaurant was wonderful and a credit to your company so please ensure that he knows his dedication to his job and customers is very much appreciated. Room 313

I felt that the restaurant staff could have been friendlier and more welcoming. We booked full board but actually ate out quite a bit as food was not as good as we had expected. often lukewarm and not always replenished when run out. Desserts were great though. Housekeeping excellent as room kept very clean and towels changed regularly by friendly staff.

location of hotel brilliant and on booking i had made some requests for my room which were both met and the room was lovely with lovely view overlooking swimming pool and the waterfall. Receptionists were very helpful.

Every thing was great in the hotel. The meals were fantastic. Super location. walking distance to town was good. Bus routes were good if you wanted any day trips.

Checking in was terrible, it took over 1/2 hour. Rooms were too small. Very expensive.

Nothing we have stayed in a few Benidorm hotels over the last few years and would not return to this one

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

No tea or coffee facilities in the room

The staff were all great and the location was excellent the hotel was very clean, the pool was very good if a little cold when you first get into it in May

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Not a great variety of food as the hotel was quiet. The entertainment was very poor.

The ambience of this hotel is relaxing. The decor is lovely especially at Valentines.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

I have a memory foam mattress at home so, unfortunately, any other type I now find uncomfortable.

This is the third time I have stayed here and will definitely stay here next time too.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The food was more catered towards the Spanish holiday makers. We ate out one evening as we are not fish eaters and the theme night was Fish !!! Yuck !!!

Beds comfortable, rooms clean, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Our view was poor, would have been great to have a view of the pool. Night entertainment was limited. Food was limited as it was all buffet and time restrited

Staff everywhere were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Hotel position was great for beach, old town and night life. Room was very clean and cleaned with new towels every day.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Cost of pet 15 euros per night for a small dog meals having to sign for drinks on way out of Restaurant when already gave staff room number . Not disable friendly no scooters allowed but Children can run riot Access to rooms via card access great if you have hands free however when with disabled having to find card is a pain l understand for security is fine because of access to pool area etc. Would not stay again in Servigroup again On arrival was told my fault no payment taken prior to arrival accused me l did not check my e mails ? I run my own business Then they charge 10 euro parking per day and don't even ask do you want a trolley from reception to help with luggage when they can see Wife is disabled and struggles to walk so I park underground and hump all the luggage from the car park not impressed. However on the positive hotel food good staff good. To finalise don't stay here not cheap and to many things geared round Spanish hours ie entertainment

Sound proofing,people overhead walking on tiles; dragging chair etc Noise very bad

Bed and bathroom

The staff in the dining room,were excellent ,

• Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

NOTHING

Loved everything about it. Friendly Staff, Great location and food was excellent.

Bathroom door did not ensure privacy.

The bed was very comfortable

meals at good times everything exellent

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

all ok

could not fault

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Hot food hardly warm, bacon under cooked

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Cleanliness Good food friendly staff good location

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The food could be hotter but that is my only criticism

Great central location and a very good hotel

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Location,weather food good.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The pool

The room

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

if I had to say one thing it would be the bathroom door. a little too much of a gap.

it really was a lovely friendly hotel. the rooms were comfortable and very clean. We loved the shower.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

breakfast was not hot every morning not just a one off no Cava replenished if you ate later, meals a bit boring after the weekend when most locals had left. the other downside was on the side of the hotel where we were was a lovely sight a BUILDING SITE !! the hotel next door was undergoing refurbishment and was at times very noisy.

room was spacious and clean bathroom lovely beds brilliant.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2016

we didn't order wine with the meals in the restaurant as it was expensive if it was cheaper we may have bought a couple of bottles so its not always best to charge 9 euros for a bottle of wine I hope you don't mind me saying we found frosted toilet doors a bit strange and there was no bath also we were disappointed with the view off the balcony with the hotel next door being worked on if we had been staying longer we probably have asked for another room

we liked the décor, the staff were friendly and they were helpful the food was good its the first time we have stayed in a four star hotel

• Reviewed: 11 February 2016

Everything...the staff are wonderful, the food is excellent and the rooms are comfortable add that to a perfect location for shops and restaurants, what more could you ask for of a short break. This is the forth consecutive year we have stayed there.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

Comfortable, clean, tidy & warm hotel. All the staff were very helpful its position is very handy for bars & restaurants, good facilities.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

Food was a bit basic and we went to the well being centre and had to pay I think this should of come as a package.

Rated excellent as we had a fantastic time however would of liked a double bed.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

my room was over the kitchen .there fore lots of staff in and out obviously.. so lots going on down their .which added to the noise of suitcases being dragged in and out of underground car park which was my view from balcony and was in no way pleasant !!!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

The spa facilities were good but there was no changing room just one female toilet with a shower, not ideal as there were a few people using the facilities.

Location was excellent a few minutes from the beach, the hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly-

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

We live in Spain, and it was quite a shock comparing drinks prices between to our village and the hotel. We had to resort to drinking outside of the hotel.

Great staff, good food, position of hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

The food on the hot bar was not hot

Staff very welcoming at reception hotel was very clean and warm the rooms a good size the beds were confortable and a good variety of food.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

Didn't like that I had to pay extra to use the indoor swimming pool and sauna and steam room

Loved the sauna and steam room, although it should be included in the price

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

The evening meal food was very poor. Paper serviettes, no table cloth.Only one restaurant which was more like a cafe. No outside area to enjoy a drink or meal in the sunshine. Strong smell of chlorine in the dance area.I have stayed at Montioboli, La Zenia, Pueblo and other Servigroup hotels. The Diplomatic although 4* was not as good as the 3* hotels.

The location. The decor was good.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

There was,nt a inside pool to use without paying 6 e Euros per hour food was just warm and much the same every day.

Location cleanliness nice staff.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

Having to pay everything up front, you have my credit card details so if we don't turn up you can take the money, we were a party of 8 and some like to pay cash and others with a credit card, I had to collect all the money at the hotel.

Everything?

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

No or non functioning extractor fan in en - suite. 10€ a day hotel parking fee. The usual groups of noisy middle aged males that Benidorm has become synonymous with.

Hotel was very good in general, great position convenient for both ends of Benidorm

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Entertainment at night wasnt great which meant it wasnt well attended

very friendly staff, modern hotel with good rooms, well equiped. Good varied fresh food

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

I think that you will lose clients by serving 2* food for the main meal in what is quoted as a 4* hotel. The breakfast food was excellent.

The cheerful and helpful staff. Cleanliness was very good.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

There wasn't anything I didn't like really although good value I would appreciate a little cheaper and I would go more often Lovely Hotel

I liked it when I came from outside the lovely smell and just a lovely atmosphere around you! I never used the pool or looked in dancing area but just felt relaxed myself. Lovely colourful Balcony although I was on the side of hotel but lovely trees to make a nice view.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

The gym could do with an update as not enough equipment and what there was, was old and not working.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a good location. Good facilities.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

The staff was friendly, the room - nice and clean, not more than 5 minutes from the sea... I was in half-pension - and it was more than enough, with very good food and service!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

As this is a Spanish Hotel, its not really geared to the English with reference to kids club and evening entertainment. This didnt effect me but might effect familys.

It was a good overall holiday, location was good, and the staff were plesant and friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2015

Can't think of anything we didn't like

Lovely modern clean room with good bathroom facilities,bed a bit hard for me but perfect for my partner good food something for everyone. Location couldn't of been better

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Excellent location for old town, beach and a short walk to the square if u want a lively night. Quiet and relaxing round the pools. We stayed half board food was very good too. Would stay again

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

The staff at reception were not helpful at all. I asked about booking a shuttle to the airport. The girl said that they didnt have a telephone number and i should book it on the Internet. I also asked about the free trip to Benidorm Palace and they didn't know anything about the show.

The bar staff, lunch and dinner

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

we had requested top floor rooms as we normally do with our many stays at Servigroup hotels. The reception denied that they has received this request in the booking. We must have been given the one of the worst rooms in the hotel 343 with balcony facing pipes and generator of the side of hotel next to us . This generator was very noisey and never stopped day or night. Making sleep very disturbed. Not up to the usual standard of of our many stays with your other hotels

hotel up to the usual servigroup standards

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

The wifi was a bit hit & miss.... Could do with decent teabags at brekkie along with decent sized cups or teapot.....

Would definitely return the location was excellent for either a bit of madness at Cafe B or a bit of culture in the Old Town.....

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Wifi was very slow. Bedrooms were a bit dated. Awful Chocolate smelling complementary washing gels.

Hotel was Very Clean. Staff were generally friendly. Great Central Location. Good food with choice of alternatives. Bathrooms Impressive

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

We always stay at the Venus, and the food there is a lot better and A 3star hotel as well so did expect better at this place.

Like the layout of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

No air conditioning available in the bedrooms, the manager advised it was to early in the season to switch it on (bedroom night temp 31c) Although it was switched on the day we left 3 MAY.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

The mattress on bed was quite hard and uncomfortable. The pillows also quite strange we only had 1 long bolster and one half length bolster.

The position of the hotel was excellent, the food and service superb. The staff were extremely helpfull. All round excellant hotel

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

Only one thing was not good and that was the Coffee at breakfast. Those machines that are used in so many hotels for breakfast that have multiple choices of drinks should be banned.

Great staff, nice food, Very comfortable lounges, very clean, great bedrooms and Fantastic Shower. and not forgetting Good Location... I've stayed at this hotel before and no doubt will again.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

The food wasn't very good. Maybe better in high season. Not good choices and always cold.

It made the stay worthwhile being given free tickets to benidorm palace. Wonderful servigroup hotels.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2015

I only stayed one night, only then because a friend was staying there I have stayed there before and my opinion is the same. Small room and the food is unexciting very basic. There are other hotels in Benidorm which afford better facilities and better value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

The buffet food was poor. There was a reasonable amount of variety but I didn't take advantage of the full board as much better food to be found cheaply nearby.

The single room was small but comfortable and the wi fi worked perfectly on the first night and less well the second. Can't complain about value or location. Has an attractive bar and reception area.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2015

The beds were very uncomfortable. Didn't sleep well

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were even given complimentary tickets to The Benidorm Palace show.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

I regularly use servigroup hotels.On this occasion the hotel was very quiet.However I was allocated the worst room in the hotel,immediately over a noisy builders yard/site.This was completely unnecessary and very poor attention to customer care.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

The beds were not the most comfortable.

Warm heating excellent, bedrooms clean beds lumpy. Good lounge areas. Garage security very high. Free seats to Benidorm Palace a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

This was always a stylish hotel, now they have installed colour changing LED glass on each room balcony, afraid instead of improving something that was already perfect, they have made the hotel look very tacky from the outside and very annoying when sitting on your balcony of an evening

everything except the new LED colour changing lights

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

Having to go back home. After only four nights.

Service, location, comfort. Close to bars but far enough away for quiet. To get a break from our Spanish home, no cooking and washing up, GREAT !!!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Todo en general

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Room size too small

Breakfast is good value

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Everything was perfect, very friendly staff, good food, good location.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Trying to fine your car park also no tea and coffee making facilities.

Food ok but not hot both days we were there

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Food! Shocking

Shower and beds

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

Difficult parking to unload and load luggage

Excellent food, cleanliness and evening entertainment

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

The staff were professional and helpful, the food was excellent and the rooms are 100% better for the upgrade well deserved 4 stars.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

lack of linen, e g table covers etc in dining room--all plastic and chrome more like a motorway service stop than a four star hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

Decent English breakfast served. Rooms were nice. Good service!

Food very good

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

Lovely hotel in a prime location

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Food not very good at New Years Eve celebration

Overall stay at hotel was excellent

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Pet friendly and obliging staff food good but could have been hotter

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Overlooking Building site

Food

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.