Reviews of Sol Katmandu Park & Resort 4 stars

Calle Galeón, s/n, 07181 Magaluf, Spain

#15 of 30 hotels in Magaluf

• Standard Room

I had a single room to myself which consisted of two single beds. I would have preferred if there was just one double. The bed was hard and not really comfortable therfore I didn't get a good night's sleep any night! The rooms (windows and doors) are not soundproof and the surrounding hotels are extremely loud until at least 8am every morning! The food is OK at best pretty basic! I picked up a slice of pizza one evening to discover it was jet black underneath (completely burmed). I think the food is best suited to young children and teenagers ie chicken nuggets and chips etc kind of food.

The staff who deal with the Little people in the kids clubs are OUTSTANDING. They were extremely good with my little niece's who loved going to Kids Camp every morning and afternoon. Great work, keep it up!

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms (4 Adults + 2 Children)

No big floats were allowed in the swimming pools. No vegetarian meals, and all meant at breakfast time was pork. No cold waters available in restaurant. We had to ask for extra beds and bedding even tho we paid for a 3 bed room. Also asked for 3 days in a row for a kettle Even tho it states theres a kettle in every room.

Really good for the children. A lot Of on-site activities and kids club was excellent. Lots of entertainment.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Water in swimming pool and water park was chilly on some days, which we should have expected in early May, overall very pleasant experience. Thanks to the hotel and staff.

Location was superb, plenty of activities for kids and kids club was outstanding. Thanks to great staff.

• Standard Room

We were at the front of the hotel near the road so was noisy even at night.

The whole place was very well maintained and the theme was carried on throughout even into the little touches in the bedroom. Absolutely perfect for children so much to do within the resort (wristbands for most of the park attractions were included in the booking price but you could also upgrade for 20euro each for the whole stay) very close to the sea too,already looking at coming back next year!! Entertainment staff were great with the kids and the evening shows, could tell they genuinely love their jobs. Buffet breakfast was really good quality and plenty of variety too (never saw an empty tray they were that good at re-stocking), the fruit wall was spot on aswell!

• Standard Room

Good breakfast dinner was a bit bland

Not happy that the water/swim park was closed could have stated that on the site before booking very disappointing

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Should be small gym

Clean, very good location, lots good things for kids and adults( three swimming pools-for kids and adults, water park, pool table, three bars). Cinema and lots more things to keep family busy all holiday time.

• Standard Room

Outside bar didnt supply spirits in the all inc.

Everything you could ever want in the bathroom. Even toothbrushes and toothpaste shampoo shower gell everything ! Food in the restaurant really was second to none. Bed as comfy as home. Brilliant.

• Standard Room

School kids holiday due to competition by Jet2 whilst we were there, about 270 of them. Very loud music blasting outvat breakfast to entertain them. Not fair on other guests. I dont mind the noise at any other time but not whilst trying to eat a relaxing breakfast, therefore we went out and bought breakfast after paying for b&b in hotel. Could do with a mirror in bedroom.

Excellent facilities and location

• Standard Room

The swim park was not open for use only the pools and they could have put this in writing or on the site when I booked I might have looked for somewhere else it was disappointing

Very playful

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room which the night entertainment is healed in isn’t great,due to it having four large posts in the middle of the room,if you don’t get a seat in between the post then you can’t see the show.This means you have to stand nearer to the show so you can see,this then means your blocking the view of others that are not able to stand up and watch the show.Not enough table and chairs. The swimming pools,the water is ice cold,something needs to be installed to increase the temperature of the water in the cooler months.Even on the days were the sun was hot and out all day the pool never warmed up. Too many sun beds crashed together.To close to the pools. Last year the sun beds were 2/3 rows depending which part of the pool you sat at,with a enough room to move. This year,there is 3/4 rows of beds,your lucky if you can get your leg through never mind your body.

We stayed on the 6th floor,set up for 3 (2A/1ch ),very clean. Some maintenance need to be done,but nothing that caused any issue to our stay. The reception staff are always helpful All hotel area are kept clean at all times. We had breakfast included,but we only eat breakfast twice,due to it being busy.hot breakfast was cold by the time you got to your seat. There is plenty of food options It has everything that’s needed when you have children. The kids club rangers are always entertaining the children whether they go to kids club or not. The entertainment park that’s next door is brilliant my little girl loved it,there is also an indoor soft play area which is great for getting the kids out of the sun for a while. ‭ The entertainment was different every night for both kids/adult. There is 3 different size pool

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Check in! It was very slow! The first room we were given had not been cleaned (dirty glasses, toilet and bed linen scattered around the room). Staff at reception quickly apologised and gave us a new room. Rooms were very small and the walls paper thin. Heard the tv in the room next door all night.

Hotel was a Good size but we stayed at the very start of the season and it wasn’t full. Very good facilities for young children. Kids club was fab and the staff there were great with the kids. Food was great especially if you want something other than chips every night (chips were available tho).

It is not what was advertised on e website so was not happy about that.

The big shower room, the staff looking after the children and doing activities with them were very friendly and nice.The view from my room.

Room on 10th floor. Waiting for lift constantly and it stopping on every floor. Air conditioning not working. Triple room being a double bed and small sofa bed when 3 singles requested. Family room for 4 being the same and costing 200 euro more. Street very noisy at night constantly waking us up. Cold pool

Breakfast buffet Theme park

• Superior Twin Room with Extra Bed

I was promised a room with a balcony, and got a room with a french balcony - wich is not a balcony at all, just a fullsize window. I had to pay extra for a Child that I already had paid extra for. Two attractions were out of order for the hole stay of 5 Days, and the main attraction - the waterland was not opened, and that was not clear on the website. Three attractions you had to pay extra for, so there was in total only 4 attractions open to us, and that was only enough for one afternoon. The water in the ordinary pool was not heated and too cold to go into. The hotel was like a factory full of screaming children eating nonstop. The village was deserted and not charming at all. We will never go back.

Comfortable bed

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very small room. Cold water in the shower was not working so we couldn’t shower for 2 days. The rooms was not cleaned. They only changed towels and not the linen.

The food was not too bad Evening entertainment was good

• Standard Room

Hanging space but could do with some draw space.Considering evening meals are served till 10pm there didn't seem to be much topping up of food it was mostly cold crockery wasn't replaced when empty had to keep asking for soup bowls plates, wasn't impressed at all.I felt as though I was eating in a canteen .

Room clean &bright nice sunny balcony beds comfortable

• Standard Room

The hotel rooms were dirty as was the bath. It had black at the bottom. I had to view three rooms and settle on the best which was still not good. I ended up paying £390 for the hotel when Booking.com told me it would be £325. The staff were not bothered and one was quite rude. All inclusive does not entitle you to ride on many of the Theme Park rides but I witnessed them allow other to go on the rides yet they had the same all inclusive band as me. My child was left disappointed as a result of this. The food was oily most days and the lunches were awful. I would not stay here again.

Couldn't fault anything

The hotel was excellent. The double bed was massive. So big you could have lay the other way. It was my birthday and I had a bottle of champas and cake in our room. We went on all the 3D rides several times and the golf. Couldn't fault anything. The pool was clean and plenty of sunbeds,

• Standard Room with Sea View

The hotel is for families really but we found it good because most people were in bed at a reasonable time and you didn't get the younger generation coming back at stupid o'clock making loads of noise location was brilliant away from the strip but close enough if you wanted to venture up it

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Pool water was freezing in september and so waterpark Food very basic if your used to 4/5* but still ok

Entertainment exceptional Facilities and Katmandu park great for kids 5 mins walk from the beach with water sports for older kids Some great restaurants and bars (right by the strip), had a fabulous steak at a place called Bondi

• Standard Room

The staff was lacking. I waited 2hrs past check in time for my room, then given the wrong room, moved to another room that was horrible! Plumbing didn't work and although I called no one came, phone didn't work and took them 2 days just to replace the phone.

Traveling alone with my 18 month old this place was excellent. So much to do for children.

• Standard Room

Nothing to do with the hotel,more to do with booking.com. I booked the room as a surprise for my partner and daughter,but what I didn't get told is that the bank card that is used to make payment needs to be shown at the hotel,which left my partener all most no where to stay,I had to transfer money into her account at midnight when she arrived so she could pay for the room.Luckly the hotel refunded the payment I had paid back to me .As you can tell I wasn't best please to hear this so late at night.

There was everything,for the kids to do.

• Standard Room with Sea View

The hotel opposite is for teenagers and you do get some noise at night if you are facing them. I use ear plugs so it didn't affect me

very comfy beds, excellent showers

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

Nothing really. Not keen on area itself but I knew this was party area when I booked it. It's certainly not the hotels fault. Would stay again with no hesitation

Room was clean and great size. Filled with more than I thought on arrival like suntan creams etc Love Kathmandu park it's all just so easy

• Standard Room with Sea View

The pool area was cramp and never could get a sun lounger

We stayed in august. We loved the location right a short walk from the beach and the warm family friendly safe hotel. Staff so friendly and couldn't be more helpfull.

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms (4 Adults + 2 Children)

Room is not so much clean, but usual level of this kind of resort hotel. We cleaned up the room by ourselves, after that it was OK. Hotel should use vacuum cleaner.

After the daily bed making and room clearning, on around 6PM, hotel staff came to room to exchange the towls again. Therefore we can use fresh towls after the day activity and afte the dinner. Facility for children is very good. Not only the pool, attraction, hotel prepared addtiional attraction for children. It was good.

• Standard Room (3 Adults)

It was a bit noisy at night fron the other hotels and restaurants.

It was so much fun for our 7 year old daughter. We loved swiming pools, food and atmosphere in the hotel.

• Superior Twin Room with Extra Bed

The reception staff were not friendly to us, projected a poor attitude whilst serving us.

The buffet was good, the water park was fantastic but the pools were a bit small for the amount of people.

• Standard Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

1. Air conditioning not working in concert room, I complained to the manager who informed me that "Technical Services says it OK and many clients have complained but its still OK" I told him that technical services are wrong. He ignored me! The next day I went in the upside down house, the air conditioning was perfect but couldn't find the manager to show him. 2. 2 out of 3 Pools closed for 2 separate days due to 2 different persons pooed, 1 in each pool

• Standard Room

Uncomfortable stay as the aircon was so slow...I informed the staff at reception area and he said he'll contact the maintenance but nobody came to check it...For 4 nights of our stay we had bad experience as we couldnt sleep well...it was so warm in our room....hope you fix this problem in room 439 for the next customers

Various activities for kids. We enjoyed the night shows...my wee one enjoyed mini disco for kids at night.

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms (4 Adults + 2 Children)

At the checkin the recepcionist said that I would have to pay more because our children were not at their reservation. I showed her my Booking.com confirmation for two adults and two kids. She was very rude. I said I was not going to pay and wanted to talk with the manager. Minutes latter she came back and didnt not say antthing but gave us the family room. Not a good start for a summer vacation that was planned since november. The rooms are very old and have cracks on the wall. The breakfast was terrible. Magaluf is not a very family enviroment. Go go girls with almost no clothes in the morning walking on the beach streets.

The beach is beautiful

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

The buffet prices were pretty high. Please consider lowering the cost for toddlers, and including the price of non-alcoholic drinks in the overall buffet cost.

The proximity of the theme park to the hotel was perfect! Everyday that I stepped out my room my 3 yr old son asked me to pick him up so that he could look down on the waterpark. He liked it, so I loved it.

• Standard Room

The whole resort was amazing... packed with different activities for kids all ages. Great kids and evening entertainment. I have already rwcomended it to all of my friends with kids as it is fantastic place for families! Thanks

• Standard Room

There is not enough storage in the rooms and the lighting could be improved. I would have liked another mirror in the bedroom other than the wardrobe doors.

The location was excellent the food was very good and the hotel is very clean. It is a kid's paradise.

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms (4 Adults + 2 Children)

I cannot fault the sol Katmandu resort as we loved every minute only thing is that 7 days were not enough as we didn't want to come home lol will be booking two weeks next time

We visited the Katmandu in May 2017 with our 3 young children and we loved it and will be returning all the facilities were excellent for kids splash park , indoor play area crazy golf and much more the kids club was also on twice a day our eldest only attended the once but she loved it staff are so friendly and very professional , we stayed bed & breakfast , breakfast was lovely everyday and lots of different choices and very clean and spacious eating area .

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Family Connecting Room (3 Adults + 1 Child)

breakfast wasnt good, needs more on site things to do other than just 4d experiences. food could have been better on site too

nice beach, some good restuarants if you look properly, try Pardos for seafood and paella..excellent spanish restaurant.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

- not that the location was bad, but once you got outside the hotel it wasn't overly kid-friendly. We only took the kids down to the beach once as it was very much central Magaluf environment and didn't really suit them - would be good if late check out was an option before needing to request on the morning of check out

- excellent location close to beach, nightlife, restaurants and local attractions - fantastic food options in the half board option, with the additional option of purchasing a drinks bracelet for unlimited drinks during dinner. The food options were fantastic considering we were travelling with 2 small children who have tendency to be picky eaters, and there was a great selection for everyone - the pools were great with plenty of sunbeds for comfort - access to the Theme Park was simple, and added a whole new element to a kid friendly holiday - the staff were amazing, and all interacted well with us on every occasion. Huge shout out to the organisers of the kids club, this was the BEST kids club we have ever utilised and had multiple options for 0-4 and 5-12 year olds, meaning it was personalised for the age group. Fun activities, the staff all dealt with the kids well, and everyone had a fantastic time!

• Superior Twin Room with Extra Bed

Would have been perfect but some facilities were closed and the pool wouldve been perfect if heated. buffet selection was above average.

Great Value for money! excellent hotel. Excellent staff, customer service is amazing.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

Room walls verry bad,paint fall from walls plus growing fungus on the walls ,maintenance personel thru 5 days trying to fix courtain rod just left mess after a self without success,water in pool should be heated up !

Organisation for kids time perfectly

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

This place is amazing for families. The hotel is so nice and clean. The kids club is fab, constantly something going on. 3 pools, splash park with water sides and soft play are all amazing! We stayed B&B and in the morning it is like walking into breakfast heaven, so much choice, everything is so fresh! We will defiantly be coming back again next year.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Standard Room

No kettle in the room for the early risers.

Everything. Location fantastic, in the heart of Magaluf near the bars, shops and beach. Excellent value for money with the attractions. Would be great to come with children, loads for them to do. Staff friendly. Clean throughout: excellent breakfast choices. Would most certainly stay again.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast in the morning was fantastic, pleasantly surprised with the variety of hot cooked food, eggs and pancakes to order, cooked meat plus tons of fresh fruit and fresh pastries every day! The croissants and donuts were to DIE FOR. Went for a short break with our two girls who are 4 and 1yrs old and there was plenty for both of them to do and for us as parents to not only enjoy time with them but plenty of kids clubs and activities that lasted for 2hrs at a time so us parents could relax and spend time together. We truly had an amazing time, our 4yr old cried she didn't want to leave and we are booking again in a couple of months we loved it so much!! Theme park is great lots of fun activities and cool things to see and do. Really loved the upside down house that was hilarious! And kids loved the soft play which was absolutely HUGE! Only spent 5 days which we filled to the brim and still weren't able to do everything!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Family Connecting Room (3 Adults + 2 Children)

The dininghall was very noisy. And the food nothing to brag about. The bedrooms were tiny and no seats. You must love children to stay there.

The staff in the reception was very nice and all other staff but I didn't like the cleaning ladies opening the door without hnocking on the door and when the no interrupting sign was on.

• Superior Twin Room with Extra Bed

It was far to close to the main nightclub and if we had gone in season when it was open I think it would have been fat too noisy.

The breakfast was extensive and the location was close to what is a perfect beach.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I am going to put in a complaint about this hotel to you'll the above Absolutely terrible

Terrible you advertising I theme water park and it was closed We had half-board and picked up food poisoning on the First night I had a power cut in the evening for six hours nothing was working pitch When we arrived the water pools were not filled up Rooms were awful like a twin room we had three beds in felt like piggy in the middle I am going to put in a complaint about this hotel to you

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was no kettle in the room and the water park wasn't open when we were there (over Easter).

We really enjoyed the Katmandu park, the 4D rides were amazing! The staff were brilliant and the kids club meant that my eldest could enjoy time with the other children without us being there.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room was smallish for a family of 3 felt really tight. One of the nightime visits to the toilet I saw a cockroach. But to be fair I think they are climate specific possibly? I have not seen another one after but slept with light on rest of the stay. The kids entertainment club in the day was very good. But in the evenings discos they had the same elimination game which we found unfair for children. Please get rid of that game totally. Children want to be included not excluded.

We went in October when weather varied so staying in a hotel with attractions was very helpful. Staff were always nice. We only had breakfast incuded and there was a lot to choose from. We didn't buy the all inclusive option because it was very pricey so we decided to eat out in cafes.location is close to the beach, cafes and shops.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms (4 Adults + 2 Children)

No free water for dinner or kettles for tea in the hotel rooms and the swimming pool was FREEZING! Halloween theme even in rooms (bed runner) didn't take into account different beliefs and also children were scared.

Staff were really friendly and the place was clean. I am still surprised about how clean the toilets and rooms were 😊. Thank you!Children's activities were plenty and the idea of soft play was brilliant. Night entertainment was fantastic!Hotel not far from the two beaches!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Standard Room

The booking with booking.com wasnt right as we booked with a child and at the time of the check in we were told off by Hannah in reception. I didnt like her attitude as she was assuming that I did the reservation wrong after she told her point out she tells me that kids are free anyway and I asked her if she was giving me a lesson? How rude, she then give us a terrible room with two single beds together for a toddler mummy and daddy, we slept very uncomfortable the rest of the stay. Air co ditio i g was terrible even after they fixed it. I would go back when my child is older and hopefully booking.com fixes whatever was wrong first as it could have cost us more!

We got it all inclusive and we didnt have to worry about getting meals anywhere. Very close to the beach. Nice entertainment for kids.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

Ashtrays should be provided on balconys,

Great breakfast choice, loved our connecting bedrooms, awesome location. Loved the early Halloween decorations 🎃

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Standard Room

Great place for stay, good location, free wi-fi, fun park beside hotel, place nice and clean. Not far away from the beach, and very close to Magaluf centre.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Room

The only thing I didn't like I got charged twice by hotel because your booking confirmation hadn't been sent trough which left me a bit short of money so had two use credit card

• Superior Twin Room with Extra Bed

The evening meal not great and expensive especially with all soft drinks excluded

The water park and golf and upside down house were excellent. Food was fair but expensive. Breakfast was good. Room was fair. The actual location is not too great due to nightlife around not suitable for kids.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Standard Room with Sea View

Bar service very slow. People reserving pool beds 10+ very early in mornings hotel staff do nothing to stop this.. Maybe confiscate them as clearly states pool area open 9am.

Comfy beds view from terrace

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Room

Not happy with this hotel They charged me for breakfast for my last day check out. They said guests need to pay for their breakfast on check out day. But I paid for the room included breakfast. I was not told about this when I was checking in neither listed on their website So be careful with extra chargers and check your bills. I will not stay there again, OK with family holiday but it's for single person. Too noisy with children

Good breakfast and eat as much you like dinner Good value for money But I was not happy on my last day They told me guest need to pay for breakfast on last day check out

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

AN extra mirror on the wall near the plug socket would have need good and an extra set of drawers

The beds were comfy and once the balcony doors were shut really quiet. THe restaurant garden was lovely to eat in and the theme park was great

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Room

Totally mis-match. Over-crowded, worn down, dirty pool. Had booked for five days, tried to cancel after first day, but that was impossible. Got the last night refunded and left to nights early. Maybe if you have very small children and very low expectations this could be place for you....

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

My only complaint probably was that you had to pay for the crazy golf, although you did get a discount, so all in all not much to complain about - soft play was free!!

Really good for families! Rooms were clean. We had a family room, 2 adjoining bedrooms which was great! Plenty on-site facilities. Location was good, not far from the beach, restaurants & bars but far enough from party central Magaluf!

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Cleanliness staff attitude nothing was a trouble to them

Everything food was outstanding staff extremely helpful

• Standard Room

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one week and had an excellent time. The staff are lovely and helpful and we had a very relaxing time.

• Standard Room (3 Adults)

No kettle facilities in room

Excellent facilities for children, so much to do for children throughout the day.

No problem

Location and breakfast selection with room

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Swimming pool was too cold to get in

Lots of added toiletries in bathroom, lovely breakfast with plenty of choice

• Standard Room with Sea View

That it’s open to the public

The splash park

Being so high

Comfy beds

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms

I didn’t like the food very basic and wasn’t very nice to be honest

• Standard Room with Sea View

We could only go into the water park for two hours the hole time we were there the manager was not helpful at all

Goin home

Being on holiday

• Two-Bedroom Family Suite

The room I got wasn’t what was described during booking and what I wanted wasnted available anywhere in the hotel

• Family Room with Two Bedrooms (4 Adults + 2 Children)

Variety of attractions for family. Nice food and clean room

Canteen

• Superior Twin Room with Extra Bed

The staff and the waterpark was close

It should tell on the website when the waterpark reopen every year

• Standard Room

I did not like the housekeeping. Room beig clean late and some days not clean at all no clean towels

I love my balcony and the wiev. 👍🏻

• Standard Room with Sea View (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Too many people, very noisy and long queues for dinner and breakfast.

Park facilities.