Reviews of Sol Palmanova All Inclusive 4 stars

Hermanos Pizón, s/n, 07181 Palmanova, Spain

#29 of 41 hotels in Palmanova

• Double Room with Sea View

The staff in dining room and bar staff were so old grumpy and miserable. 1 in particular , I won’t name him but his name starts with E. Sun-bed situation a joke. People out from 5.30 reserving their spots with chairs and tables as beds are chained until 8am. We just went to beach but got that way beach was full of people from our hotel with same idea. Rooms small and cramped and beds were awful. I had to get extra pillows and sleep in the chair. My partner fell through the “double bed” two singles joined together by a sheet, not good for 4 star. Entertainment not good, drunken guests being a pain with karaoke entertaining themselves. Hate to think what this place would be like in the high season.

Close to the beautiful beach . Food lovely and good choice every mealtime.drinks fine. Normal own brands.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everything was okay apart from the food, we was with a group of 30 of us for a wedding and a lot of people had very bad stomachs. The food was also under done and tasteless. We eat in the restaurant twice in the whole 7 days which is a shame as we had to pay for food outside of the hotel when we had paid for all inclusive.

The staff were amazing, and the pools and facilities were also clean

Found the beds incredible hard and uncomfortable. Sun beds all had towels on them by 8.30am so I think August time would be very hard to get a sunbed.

Modern clean accomadtion. A good selection of food and drinks on the all inclusive.

Nothing!!

This was our first trip to this hotel and we took our children and 2 grandchildren who are both 4 years old. From the very start the staff were helpful and so friendly. There is plenty for adults and children to do and the food was amazing,which was a real plus as my granddaughter is so fussy !! (even she was very happy). The entertainment in the evenings was exceptional and so good that we did not feel the need to look elsewhere . They even have a play park just through the back gates of the hotel and the beautiful beaches are literally a 5 minute stroll away. 3 fantastic pools to choose from and a great kids club should you wish to use it. We are already looking to book again next year with the whole family. Absolutely Fantastic .

• Double Room with Pool View

Sunbathing availability poor- had to put own bed out. Largest pool in shade except between 11am and 2pm which was a shame as pool 2 overcrowded noisy and not always somewhere for a bed to go

Location of hotel and very clean good food and drink even without gold bands!

Only one of the 2 main pools was in sunshine all day.

Excellent welcome even at 10pm and given dinner immediately. Staff were friendly and helpful. My birthday was during our stay and the cleaning staff saw my cards out when we returned to the room a bottle of champagne was waiting in a bucket of ice and lovely birthday wishes. Food very good with plenty of choice. Great location and beach very close.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I Think the dinner hall is too loudly. It’s more a kantine then a nice place to eat. The curtain where always closed. That wasn’t nice, because the big room was so big it needed some breaking somehow. Also the bar and entertainment area needs some sound “treatment”. The pools closing time at 5 o’clock is also a minus, due to no place to “relax” after a long day, for instance at the beach.

W liked that the hotel was so close to the beach.

Smoking on site anywhere, not good for non smokers (area needs to be allocated for smokers) Too noisey after 12am woke up by drunk people. More Spanish food on the menu

Family friendly place. Near the beach Staff friendly and helpful Nice atmosphere Very clean

• Double Room with Pool View

I didn't think much of the animation/entertainment - given its almost the end of the season I realise some activities were not on - but as we are both into fitness would have appreciated a better approach.

The cleaning was exceptional and the staff worked extremely hard to keep everything on par - our room was fine and had been cleaned every day which was really good.

I’m not a fan of the bath/shower combo with the fixed glass.

The hotel is in an excellent location literally minutes from the beaches and is also surrounded by many small bars and restaurants. The room was modern and comfortable The food was of a good standard (especially lunch) and the restaurant was never too busy. The availability of WiFi was very good throughout all parts of the hotel. Excellent facilities particularly the swimming pools although only limited entertainment (magician and cowboy show) in the evenings but the staff did their best to improvise games for both the youngsters and adults. I found the staff to be very helpful, particularly the bar staff. I’ve never been all-inclusive before but was pleasantly surprised that non-one got out of hand. All in all a very good hotel and if you consider I hardly spent any money away from the hotel it represented unbeatable VFM.

The food was OK but could be better. There are alot of rooms but nothing to do. The pools by lunchtime are in the shade.

The rooms were very basic and the beds were not that comfy. Didn't know there were two hotels. Location wise good.

There are two Sol Palmonova hotels. They both have nice pools but unfortunately the larger pool is mostly in the shade for a lot of the day. This results in the smaller pool being jam packed with sunbeds which isn't great as you are pretty much on top of each other. You also have to be up at 8am to put your towel down in order to get one of these prime spots. Not my idea of fun when on holiday but sadly if you can't beat them, you have to join them! Luckily the beach was only a short walk away when this all got too much!

It was a very convenient location, a 20 minute cab journey or a 40 minute bus journey from the airport. We were very close to the beach with enough going on outside of the resort, a nice mixture of bars, restaurants and shops to browse should you wish to take a wander. The food was really good with a nice selection.

The hotel was always very clean, plenty of choices of food, easy access for myself that needed walk in shower, Palmanova as a town is all on the flat very easy to walk around, plenty of shops within walking distance of hotel. Easy access to public transport, and places of interest to visit

Pools were really busy - lots of people reserving sunbeds in the morning.

The entertainment was different every night and the choice of drinks were good

All inclusive only includes beer, not cider. 11 euro chrge for an iron (for the week even though i just needed it for an hour as i was omly staying a few days). Very loud cleaners, shouting to each other in corridor from 9am woke and kept everyone up.

• Double Room with Sea View

The beds were very firm.... too firm.

5min walk to the beach, 1min walk to the bus stop, lots of meal variety. Lovely views as long as you pay for sea view.

There's nothing bad about this hotel

Overall the hotel and facilities where first class, the entertainment team and hotel staff were amazing friendly

• Double Room with Pool View

On arrival they told me they were only expecting one adult and not my 4 year old. My reservation confirmation clearly stated one adult and one child but they said they'd been having a lot of problems with booking.com. Very crowded around the pool and hard to get a lounger in a good spot.

Kids disco and evening entertainment

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Communication before and during the stay was lacking. No direction or help to our room, even though I was traveling alone with 3 children and 2 big suitcases. Wasn't told where anything was located, no information provided about the kids club or the facilities. Just left to work it all out. Which was fine for me as I am an able person, but someone less confident would struggle. The food was ok as long as you are willing to try new things, some quite strange things but there you go. My kids ate chips and burgers all week 🙄☹️ Some more inventive ways with veg would of been good. The room was fine. I upgraded to a room with a terrace, turns out the actual room was no bigger than a usual one which was disappointing as I needed more room. Room was TINY. terrace was good, it overlooked the centre pool so got sun until about 11am. The hotel is huge so pools were really busy, only managed to get a sunbed once in a week. The room has a fridge but could really do with tea/coffee making facilities, as although you can go down and get them in the cafeteria any time, as I was the only adult in my group I couldn't leave the kids in the room alone.

The location is the best thing about this hotel

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Horrendous facilities even if my children were still young I wouldn't take them. We noticed the cots in corridors had dried milk on the sides, often rubbish was left in them for days. Spilt milk and empty glasses on staircase for days. In the end my partner moved them . Never again !!

Bed comfy and room clean

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Strongly disliked the fact that you had to get up very early in the morning to reserve a sun lounger !! Unfortunately only one pool had the sun all day. Lots of sun loungers available just no floor space for them !!!!

I liked the location of hotel

• Double Room with Sea View

The entertainment at nite was poor and the sound from speakers was too loud walking outside at nite bars on the promenade had acts playing that u could sit and listen to and would draw a lot more guests

PAID FOR ROOM WITH TERRACE ON FIRST FLOOR OVER POOL.WAS ALLOCATED ROOM AT FRONT OVERLOOKING ROAD (NO TERRACE) 3DAYS BEFORE WE WERE MOVED. STAYED AT HOTEL TWICE BEFORE,SAME THING HAPPENED,SEEMS TO BE THE NORM.

PLENTY OF SUNBEDS,GOOD SIZE POOLS,NICE STAFF.

It was a little difficult to get a sun bed by the pool unless you got up extra early

The hotel was brilliant for the kids plenty for them to do, the food was also really good plenty of variety would definitely recommend the hotel for family's

The staff -the waiter shouted at me as I took my son out of his buggy and in to the highchair. I told him I would move buggy once my son was secure. This happenew me twice. I was travelling alone with the baby so felt awful with someone making an already hard situation harder. When I was having sback in restaurant THREE cleaners started washing the floor under my feet as I sat at my table. I felt like I shouldn't be there even though it was my right to be there at that time. I complained to management and was just told sorry that was all. Every dinner I had was cold. Even going in at 6:30 when the food was just put out. I ended up going to restaurant down the road.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

Outdoor area far to small for capacity of hotel, pool opening times too short, no pool towels, no gym, entertainment mediocre

Refurbished bathrooms, very good shower, air conditioning

Noise outside room very loud Queuing for food No room at pool To many people Food not the best & no enough Staff not the best Kept waiting on arrival

Rooms

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Not the hotel nor the beach. In case you want to feel like a tourist Palmanova isn't the place as really geared towards British tourists. Hence british pubs, restaurants, majority British themed. However if you are someone who wants to feel at home in the sun, then Palmanova is the place for you.

The accommodation is clean and food superb in terms of choses. The staff are very helpful and efficient. I totally recommend this Hotel. Buses are handy to go to Palma City. Just make sure you allocate funds for this. We booked the Aquarium with the hotel and we got free bus ride so good deal. The beach is fantastic and the hotel is really close to it. Busy pools but is expected as school holidays. Loads of entertainment and fit classes for kids and parents respectively. However we did;t avail of these as not our thing.

• Family Room with Terrace (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Too many people on too little space, zero chance of a sunbed unless you joined the early opening scrum and quite big queues for drinks Etc

Good location, 2 mins to the beach, near some nice bars and restaurants (you get bored eating in the same place morning noon and night) Friendly entertainment team

We've just returned from 10 days here and we absolutely loved it. We read a few reviews before we left and I struggle to see how people could knock it, but each to their own. We arrived at 1pm and didn't expect to get in to the room until 2pm but luckily the room was ready. I originally only booked a double room and asked for a cot for our 3 year old daughter but when we got in the room there was an extra single bed which was brilliant. The rooms are very cosy and modern, bathroom was a decent size and everything was clean. The air con was so good, had to turn it off during the night it was that cool!! The buffet was amazing, some people may say it's very similar each day but we couldn't fault it. The kids pool was great fun, my daughter loved it, we spent everyday in there, from the time we woke in the morning she wanted to go swimming. All the staff were pleasant and the entertainment staff were great fun. The entertainment itself was good too, kids disco followed by the ents staff spectacular which was probably the best I've ever seen!! Anyone with a family I'd highly recommend staying in this hotel. We plan to book for next year we loved it that much!!

The meals were too western, not enough Spanish food selection.The pools are too small for the amount of people visiting the hotel.Tge security is inadequate.

Few minutes walk to the beach.

Checking out :( was horrible to have to leave

Everything!!, first holiday for me and my partner together & it couldn't have been more perfect, staff were very friendly and helpful! upon arrival our room was not scheduled to be ready until 3pm so we chucked our bags down in the 'luggage room' and went for a walk when we arrived back from our walk the check in system was on a reboot so the lady kindly gave us our all inclusive wrist band and our room key and told us to come back down to the lobby after we have settled to make our payment! During our stay the entertainment day and night was always good fun and very lively with the outside all inclusive bar area, always being packed with family's, couples and friends having a good time laughing and joking and a brilliant atmosphere. The food was very nice aswell always plenty of choice. Rooms cleaned and beds made daily! Room was very spacious with everything you should need in this hotel considering it's a set of stairs or a jump in the lift down to the bar for a brew or a drink of your choice Amazing hotel - great staff - perfect location

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The queue at all the bars was ridiculous. Could take 20 mins to get a drink in the evening and most entertainment wasn't child friendly in the evenings ie,poledancers and provocative singers being overly flirty led to awkward questions from my 5 year old

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The hotel and pool is natuarally very busy and there's lots of activities going on. Perfect for families, although sometimes it's good to escape to the beach and relax. As with all all-inclusive, eating 3 times a day in the same room can becoming a bit much so we ate out a few times.

The hotel is run like clock work, so such staff that are really friendly. They have really thought about catering for families. The hotel is very close to the beach. Lots of different food options on the all inclusive. Rooms were modern and very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Being roomed on the 9th floor with a baby, lifts were very poor, very slow but had no choice but to use as we had pushchair and other items. reception staff were poor.

Activity/entertainment staff were very good throughout the day. enjoyable games/classes

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The enthusiastic kids club staff were the exception to the rule, most of the staff acted like it was an inconvenience to have to serve you. Due to size of hotel, not adequate outdoor seating for shows, minidisco etc, actually witness people fighting over seats. Same situation in the morning people sitting on chairs waiting on pool to open to pounce on sun loungers, I have never witnessed this anywhere before. There are loads of sun loungers but no space around the pool to put them due to the sheer number of guests. No ability for late check out at this hotel, we only wanted to keep our room until 2 and were happy to pay but were just dismissed by the lady on reception. The courtesy room was disgusting, large cockroach running about the floor, light hanging from the ceiling, it was about the size of a small toilet, I wouldn't even use it. There are only 2 small lifts that service floors 2-9 and during our 7 day stay both were working 2 of those day so was a nightmare for elderly and families with small children and buggies.

Good location in Palmanova, close to the beach and surrounded by some nice restaurants. Staff in kids club were friendly and enthusiastic. Discount of 25% at Kathmandu Theme park when staying here.

• Double Room with Pool View

The usual "fight "for sunbeds each morning. Not the hotel's fault as this happens everywhere.

We went all- inclusive and were delighted with the food. Excellent choice, fresh and tasty at every meal times. Hotel was spotless and the staff were friendly. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Main pool was in the shade all the time, some communal areas need a bit of tidying up

Children's entertainers were fantastic, worked so hard to ensure the kids had fun. Room was cleaned every day and clean towels 3 times in the week

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Have been here bonfore in May and loved it so much we returned a lot quieter this time and the hotel is due to close 31st October. Things were closing including the best swimming pool and the children's entertainment we are glad we weren't staying until the end of the week!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Staff at reception and bar are extremely rude; Food and drinks really bad quality and the rooms are small and uncomfortable Lifts are very small and served 9 floors!! This hotel is by no mean a 4 star!

Absolutely nothing.. worst all inclusive I have ever been to

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

the entertainment area does not cater for the two hotels, the bar staff are grumpy and need more at the bar,pool closes too early, not enough lifts

food was good and plenty of variety

The maid service that cleaned room number 135 could have been better the room was really dusty on floors and in cupboards

Restaurant food was excellent and facilities walk in shower facilities were very good as I'm using crutches at the moment and find it difficult walking and standing

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Constant : pizza - rice - pasta - Some entertainment was poor Bar entertainment was painful

Grilled meats each night Kids pool games during the day

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The swimming pools are far to small for the amount of people staying there. Also if you want a sunbed you have to be down by the pool around 7am to reserve one, even though they say you cannot do this they never stopped people doing it.

There's was a fridge in the room! But no water in it on arrival

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Not the place if you want a quiet relaxing holiday. The noise is quite overwhelming, from the restaurant where hundreds of people are eating (kids screaming and parents shouting) so we ended up eating most meals out to avoid the chaos, to the pumping music by the pool when there is exercise classes, entertainment and so on. Small lifts so avoid the busy times of the day. Not enough sun beds by the pools, be ready by 8.00 in the morning to fight for a good spot. Pool doesnt open until 10.00. Be aware that Building 2 gets all the noise from the night time entertainment, position opposite the stage, until midnight.

Great location just a very short stroll to the beauitful sandy beach, restaurants and shops. Lots of activities for adults and kids all day and night, the food in the restaurant is nice (all inclusive), moderate waits at the bar with free ice creams and drinks all day, the staff all work really hard for everyone to have a good experience. Our daughter enjoyed the kids club, mini disco and mascots. The sea view from our room on the 7th floor (in building 1) was lovely. We will go back to Palma Nova but will find a different hotel that suits us better.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Paying alot of money for hotel I think branded drinks should come as standard as it's cheap enough to buy it in rather than the cheaper stuff I know u could upgrade but 10 euros per person per day and all party had to pay whole stay ( not pick random days ) it can add a fair amount on top of your spend 140 euros in our case.

Comfortable beds, good house keeping lovely friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Room with Pool View

We could not ever get a sun lounger around the pool as people were up at the cracks of dawn putting towels on.The annoying thing about this they did not use their loungers until mid day and stopped other people who had paid for their holiday using this facility. ......

The location was perfect just a short stroll to the beach.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Staff were very friendly the hotel is very clean and we even got a late check out I would say it was one of the best all inclusive hotels we have stayed in

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room with Sea View

Not enough sunbeds for all guests. Queuing for meals and very busy and very noisy. Squashed into entertainment area as this catered for 2 hotels.

Great seaview from the room on 8th floor. Location handy for beach and shops.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

All problems were sorted out quickly

Everything!!! Food was great!!! Very good location Staff was helphull Every room equipped with TV, air conditioner, hair dryer , fridge, safe ( for additional payment ) Very good for kids Alcohol and non-alcohol drinks free till 24:00, half price after, good choice I do recommend this hotel Our check-out was at 10 am, and we were allowed to eat all day and use shower, ( our flight was at 10 pm)

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There were not enough sunbeds for the amount of guests with some also broken and people were putting towels on them from 7am!

The entertainment was perfect for a family holiday and the food was good for all inclusive with lots of choice.

Everything was just brilliant

The food

It could be noisy

• Double Room with Sea View

Nothing. Was brill. Def doing next year.

The all inclusive.... was amazing. Best food ever. 😍

Clran anf modern

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

being asked to show our wrist bands at bar an hour before we left ! 🤣

childrens entertaintment staff were great

clean. location .food

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The food was poor, not much choice.

Good kids club facilities and kids pool

• Double Room with Sea View

Bed very uncomfortable. Food was very poor with no real menu changes. All in all a very average hotel.

All the staff were so friendly, polite and made us feel very welcome. Room was cleaned daily. Great for kids and families. Would stay again.

• Double Room with Pool View

Staff. Not enough so we're well over eotked

Excellent food. Good location to beach

Not enough sun at the big pool

The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful

Sunbeds no room between each one

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Kids pool area packed, expect to be on top of the person beside you.

Excellent Kids pool area. Great food and snacks.

There is one rude and unpleasant receptionist that destroyed all the impression of the good staying at the hotel

Segragated solarium

Easy access to all beaches, facilities amazing

Very basic room and food

plenty of sun beds but not a lot of space to put them

I had food poisoning from their restaurant

Food

Bed too small

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (3 Adults)

The room was cramped for 3 people and would of liked Tea making facilities in room

Location was fantastic, staff were fantastic too

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017