Reviews of Melia Barajas This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Avenida de Logroño, 305, Barajas, 28042 Madrid, Spain

#166 of 327 hotels in Madrid

Based on 2079 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Very pleasant stay! Modern!
    • Double or Twin Room

Prices of alcohol and food! A gin and tonic was €11!

Pool & bar area, location good, lots of shops and restaurants near by. McDonald’s right next door!

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

We had an unplanned stay due to a missed flight.
    • Double or Twin Room

We had an unplanned stay due to a missed flight. However, the hotel was lovely, very comfortable and the free shuttle to the airport meant that what we arrived in good time for our early flight the following morning. We ventured out of the hotel and found a very nice tapas bar, so made the best out of a frustrating situation. The coffee laid on at 5.30am in the morning was a nice touch. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Great choice for Barajas Stay
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Not much, one of the best bangs for the buck on this trip!

I needed a hotel for layover and the proximity to Barajas was great. They have a complimentary shuttle and the included breakfast was also very good and diverse. Room was very comfortable and the third bed was already setup when I got there.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Good hotel near the airport

One room that i have booked had a problem with access card, we reported the issue with the Reception and it took us four follow ups for someone to fix it.

Breakfast has so many options and approximity to the airport

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Should bring your credit card and be careful when the staff kindly helps you to have a bigger room.
    • Double or Twin Room

We ordered the room through booking.com, and paid by my credit card. The hotel and booking.com didn't inform us to take my credit card for check by the Hotel. Although I showed all my passport and NIE to prove my identify, the staff still insisted me to show my credit card, or I couldn't live in the Hotel. Fortunately, I resided in the suburbs of Madrid, and I went back to take that. The attitude of the staff was not that good. What's more, when checking in, we have 2 persons, the staff told us to have us a large room. We were happy; however, he didn't mention that we had to pay more money to have that. We felt that we were cheated by the Hotel, and it was not so good for us. In conclusion, the experience of this hotel was totally worst for us. I didn't recommend this Hotel.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Great short visit
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

The bathroom needed some maintain, in general it's a great hotel to stay near the airport.

It was very clean and very spacious, you can't count all the time with those qualities in Europe.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

ive called 5 times to the front desk for the shuttle bus...
    • Double or Twin Room

ive called 5 times to the front desk for the shuttle bus from the airport and everytime they answer a different person tells me he will be there in 15 minutes. HE NEVER SHOWED UP! I STAYED IN THE STRATS FOR A HOUR and had to take a taxi. other then that the stay was ok

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

The rooms were amazing and so was the breakfast and the bar
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

We wanted a hotel with a swimming pool but we weren’t told you can’t use the pool till the 15th June. It’s not advertised on the website either. The pool was the only reason we chose the hotel as there are many hotels with nice rooms and breakfast.

The rooms were amazing and so was the breakfast and the bar

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Do not stay at this hotel - doing so rewards dishonest behavior
    • Double or Twin Room

The shuttle to the airport isn't always free!!! When the small shuttle van arrived at the hotel, it was almost completely full from the other hotel it serves (they don't mention that in their write-up). They told both us and our traveling companions - at separate times - that they would arrange a taxi for us at no charge to us. However, when we arrived at the airport the driver informed us we had to pay. When we contacted the hotel to make good on their promise of free taxi transport to the airport, they insisted that it was the guest's responsibility and that they would not pay.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

The location is great for airline travelers.

The carpets are tired and worn. The food is VERY expensive and not good. The shuttle was full so we had to take a cab.

The location is great for airline travelers. The staff were friendly. The room was large and bed comfy. Nice shower.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Comfortable beds, additional door for bedroom (isolating the...
    • Superior Double Room with Pool View

Transfer services - 25 min of waiting upon arrival; luckily seated on 2 last places on our way to the airport (one small bus for 2 hotels so it comes full and they don't accept not seating passengers). And there were no taxis on the parking of the hotel. For airport hotel the bus must be bigger and it should really come every 15 min, not only in advertisement.

Comfortable beds, additional door for bedroom (isolating the bedroom from outside noises). Full bathroom.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

A good airport hotel for layovers.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel's airport shuttle buses are too small for the purpose. They were often crammed with people. We had to wait for the next bus on our way to the airport because the first one we caught was overcrowded.

Good location for our one-night layover. Check-in process was fast and efficient. The staff member who checked us in was welcoming, professional and provided thorough information to us.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Ideal for overnight Arrival/Departure from airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds. I know it is common practice to push two single beds together to make one large bed, but is largely pointless as the seam down the middle divides the bed anyway. In the case of this room, the beds were so hard that the bed edge was like a wire running through and made it impossible to use more than a single side. Perhaps providing proper pillow top bed covers and slightly softer beds would hide this. TV. I used the bar area for both a drink and dinner as i had a long day and did not want to leave hotel. I am aware of the Spanish Bullfights and I think the general world population would ageee it is animal cruelty at its worst. While this is a tradition, having it on the television in the bar/dining area is not acceptable. If tourists and locals wish to watch this then they may do so in the acceptable environment. It would not stop me recommending this hotel, however I suggest a more inclusive attitude is taken as not everyone approves of the pointless killing of an animal in such a brutal fashion.

Well located if you are travelling to or from airport with a shuttle service provided that was easy to arrange. Quiet rooms and reasonably well appointed bathrooms. Staff were friendly, helpful and well informed to assist with my travel questions. Property overall was really well kept and a pleasant environment.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

A very comfortable one night stay before my long trip to Australia. Look forward to my return stay r
    • Double or Twin Room

No smoking in the hotel but a strong smell of smoke in the corridor outside the room.

Convenient for the airport, free regular service to the airport. Very nice relaxing out side swimming pool ect, also comfortable inside space. Breakfast good as usual with melia hotels.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

close to Barajas
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

First we were sent to a room where guests were still sleeping Next room air conditioning did not work it was 35 degrees in the room and technician told us we had to wait 30 minutes for it to kick in - it took calling the manager for them to move us to another room as it was determined yes, the air conditioning was NOT working - too many hiccups for an overnite stay;(

close to Barajas

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

Nice breakfast, good location with airport shuttle,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom cleanliness can be improved and secured that clean towels don't have unwashed stains. I hope it was a mistake as otherwise it was a good stay

Nice breakfast, good location with airport shuttle, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

• Superior Double Room with Pool View

the entry is a bit complicated when you have a baby stroller! Stairs.... the 3rd night we were awakened by very noisy neighbours who rented the appartment next to ours and came back home in the middle of the night to finish the party on the stairs floor. The best is yet to come: It was incredible and frightening to see someone from the staff opening our door and entering the flat at 4 o'clock in the morning... Fortunately we were still awake from the noise caused by the neighbours, otherwise I don't know how we would have reacted...

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

THANKS GOD WAS ONLY "ONE" NIGHT!!!!!!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Few things, The HOTEL charges 20 Euros for the BREAKFAST (per person);with this amount my wife and me both of us; we had a very good one at another hotel with less fees and top quality. I will do whatever possible to avoid this hotel every time I go to MADRID. The entrance door to my room was unsecured properly with the back stopper...and so on and so on. Behind the curtains the room walls were very DERTY.... As I told you very LOW QUALITY HOTEL. The room temperature was "preset" Not possible for me to choose the temp.

The STAFF (women) at the front desk were very professionals, but the HOTEL room was with very POOR quality; especially the BATH ROOM was very congested the BATHTUB, TOILET and BIDE too. The bathtub was very narrow and slippery (VERY DANGEROUS). On my way back the next day to BARAJAS Terminal T-1 The company bus was overcrowded the bus driver was driving like a MANIAC with the suit cases unsecured I felt to the floor me and the suitcases; there were no major consequences but the BUS DRIVER should be working in a factory instead.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

The food wasn't as good.
    • Suite

The food wasn't as good. And took pretty long time to be delivered. It's not only about the food, even for bringing drinks it took 15 minutes to bring them up, probably, there is only one girl working in in-room service.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Dissapointing hotel considering it is part of the Melia chain
    • Superior Double Room with Pool View

The reception was not clear concerning the arrival time of the free shuttle. We were told from 5 minutes to 30mins and weren't really concerned too much. The hotel allowed smoking in the main bar area. The temperature in my first room was 34 degrees and the window didn't open because it was faulty. We had an early breakfast in the reception area and there was no juice and the croissants were full of flies because they were not covered with a plate or cover. Asked for juice and it finally turned up once we were leaving

Not much to be honest

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Good airport hotel with bad shuttle service
    • Superior Double Room with Pool View

Getting from the airport is not convenient at all. I was waiting for the shuttle bus for half an hour than called to the hotel and it looked like I had to call telling them to send shuttle for me. This is not convenient at all. At the way back the transfer lady refused to let me in because i did not had some special shuttle card (no one told me i had to ask for it at the reception). Then she drop me in the 4th terminal instead of the 1st ( i told her i needed the 1st) so i had to take a taxi and pay for it. The staff is OK, most of the time busy and not reacting at you.

The breakfast is very good, with plenty of choices. The rooms are spacious and quiet. There is no noise from the airport or from the road. Big beds.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Rooms desperately in need of refurbishment, terrible sewage smell and no heating

The room was very dirty. There was a terrible smell of sewage coming from the bathroom. Our family room was missing the cot and was supposed to be twice the m2 than what we were provided with. It was a late check-in and we have two babies of 5 months and 2 years old so changing rooms at 11pm after a long flight wasn't fun. We upgraded at a cost to a suite that was much bigger, still waited an hour for a cot to arrive, this was the room that smelled of sewage. The heating didn't work so the room was very cold and we didn't really sleep as a result. The cot was old and towels were provided as baby blankets, we used our own blankets. There was one young man who worked there who helped us with our room move. He has a hard job working in a Hotel that really needs it's rooms refurbishing. He was helpful and tried to do what he could. The light bulbs didn't work, there were large holes in the carpets. The bathroom looked like it has had a re-furb recently but the sewage smell was horrendous. When we checked in I asked if we had a family room with three beds and a cot, the girl said " I don't know, when you see the room, call me if you don't have the extra beds"

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the location was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was noise in the hotel. I called the reception and they didn´t deal with the situation properly.

The bed was comfortable and the location was great. The shuttle service was also great.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Will definitely stay here on our next trip to Madrid area

Not much

Breakfast was excellent. Huge choice and would really set you up for the day. Shame we only had 30 minutes before we had to take the shuttle. shuttle service was excellent. Quality clean bus and seat belts etc Pleasant driver Hotel is quite close to Metro line - Barajas (leave hotel and walk left 500m) Excellent staff at reception for checking in and out

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Pricey, not worth what we paid. Even for 1 night stay , it was very below standards by Melia.
    • Double or Twin Room

Outdated rooms with poor maintenance: Air conditioning broken, stains on the ceiling, filthy carpet, super small bathroom, poor accesibility for disabled (wheechair). Clearly hotel invested in rennovating lounges, but rooms are horrible. Very uncomfortable bed. Maintenance guy came 3 times to check on air conditioning as it was extremely hot at the room (28C) and AC control panel was completely destroyed.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Although only overnight the hotel was a good place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

We needed an hotel near the airport as flying to Caribbean next day. Free shuttle got us to airport in 10 mins. Very comfortable hotel with everything You would expect from 4star hotel. Buffet breakfast was good although the hot food was not very hot.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

A modern, spacious hotel close to the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were asked on arrival if we preferred one king-sized bed or two queens. We opted for the king, but it was NOT that size -- a queen at best. We were trying to organize after returning a hire car and did not realize it until later, but it was not what we expected

A very spacious, clean, and modern hotel very close to the airport and car rental return. Nicely appointed and welcoming. Staff were all professional, informative, and helpful. Food and drink menu at the bar/restaurant was simple but good.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Awesome airport hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The veneer of the door to our room was badly in need of repair. We couldn’t get the room safe to lock.

Nicely appointed airport hotel. Helpful & courteous staff. 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle. Complimentary continental breakfast. Many restaurants & shops within walking distance.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Convenient location. Comfortable hotel. Very nice staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shuttle bus was a disappointment. Reservations for bus were not required. When the bus came at 7:15am, there was not enough room for everyone and luggage to get on. We had to hail a taxi.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

outstanding dinner and restaurant, great choice of...

shuttle bus pickup failed but concierge made sure that i was taken in 2nd time

outstanding dinner and restaurant, great choice of toilettries, comfy bed, elegant yet a little old school style

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Unhappy customer's due to money grabbing by excessive extra charges.
    • Double or Twin Room

Over the top laundry bill, 114 euros for a small bag of washing. It would have been cheaper to by the items (in the bag for washing). Why charge for parking? Its just money grabbing.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

As a self-confessed caffeine addict, the only downside for me personally was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in our room.

We stayed in this hotel because of its proximity to Madrid airport. It offered a free transfer to the airport, which was ideal for our early-morning flight home. It was also close enough to the city centre for us to do a little last-minute sightseeing the day before we flew home.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

The airport shuttle was free and the staff during check-in...
    • Double or Twin Room

I felt like the hotel was far too expensive for a one night stay, although it seems to be within the same average as other hotels in the area. The bathroom in my room also wasn't very clean, there were other peoples hairs all over the floor.

The airport shuttle was free and the staff during check-in were very nice. My flight was quite early in the morning and the waiting area has croissants/coffee etc. during that time which I thought was a nice touch as I was leaving well before breakfast was available.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

I felt comfort all the time!
    • Double or Twin Room

I went to this hotel for a workshop and I felt comfortable all the time, at the bedroom and at the common spaces. The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel provides a shutle from and to the airport, that was very good and works very well! I recommend 100%.

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Very nice in every sense, except the location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Far from the city. To go to the city you will have to walk about 700m, then take the metro, then change 2 times.

Very nice in every sense, except the location.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

I rated these hotel as average because of those negative things I experienced.
    • Double or Twin Room

The value from what I am paying for, the facilities do not provide complementary slippers to use in the room. No paper tissue either. No complementary tea and coffee. No Cups, Glass, and Electric Pot to use for boiling water. Room service were good but the front staff were not that friendly. I traveled around the world both private and business. Used a 3-5 stars hotels, but this is my first time to experienced a hotels with a room rate on tab for billing without providing basic things in the room.

The room are huge and clean. Pillow and the bed exceed my expectation. Very comfortable to sleep in.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

We'll be back there for sure!
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

The room is very cozy and the location is excellent: next to the airport and near the metro station, also free shuttle to the airport terminal! Breakfast is awesome!

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Great transit hotel with excellent restaurant but way too hot room.
    • Double or Twin Room

So hot! Would have given a 9 were it not for the heating in the room which was at 26 C degrees. Turned off, the room remained at 24 C degrees. Was too late and we were too tired to have someone sent over and fix it.

Great hotel for transit travelers. Comfortable and spacious room. Excellent restaurant.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Average
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff was really nice and friendly Food was really good with local product being used Local area has bank plus some small business Local shop provided 4 bottle of water for the price of 1 at the hotel

no kettle in the room Bad smell from the bathroom upgraded to view the swimming pool at 15 euros a night no worth it

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Transfer from airport is generally poor and time-consuming, but the hotel itself is fine.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The arrangements for the transfer bus from the airport are very poor. Took 40 minutes to get through on the phone number provided - and then 20 minutes for the bus to turn up. So over an hour for a journey of a couple of miles.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

The breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cannot think of anything.

The breakfast. Seriously. The breakfast. Best breakfast I’ve ever had at a hotel. Very fresh and varied. The location was amazing. Close to restaurants, airport, metro, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The AC was not working correctly and they sent a technician who fixed in about 30 secs.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Great flight transfer hotel and AMAZING breakfast

Tv

The breakfast buffee was the biggest and moat elaborate i have seen in years of travelling. Litterally every single taste you can think of was catered for. In addition the food at the bar was also great. Very comfortable, clean and quiet hotel with good Wi-Fi (Although it was a bit complicated to get onto wifi). Only downs for me was all channels on the tv was in Spanish. I know it really is a trivial thing. I only mention it as I was on a lay over between flights and really didn't have much else to do. Quick and efficient shuttle to the airport. I would definetly stay again if inbetween flights and can recommend it

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Excellent hotel with great access to the airport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I felt the hotel [and I stay in lots of hotels] was a little sole less. Maybe a strange thing to say about a hotel which is really very good indeed.

Very comfortable room and bed. Excellent breakfast. Easy, very short airport transfer. Usually stay at another hotel near the airport which seems to have higher scores BUT this is a step up.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Wonderful and magical as if I had friends forever and a family

I liked everything

The staff, workers made the difference. They are wonderful caring people that really make you feel good and make you feel special. They are friendly and helpful. The installations overall perfect. Just wonderful.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

Super location close to airport. Using the "free" shuttle was not straightforward.
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness of hallways and rooms was just average, some areas of the hotel are starting to look worn out and in need of updating.

Comfortable bed, great breakfast, nice offerings at the bar

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Good location but totally overpriced.
    • Double or Twin Room

The price is super expensive and does not include breakfast. I paid the breakfast and I found the price extremely expensive. The hotel seems to be taking the advantage of being close to the airport. I think it is fine to have a relatively higher price but I found the price of the room plus the breakfast totally overpriced. Really disappointed with this. The rest it was good.

Good location and facility to go to the airport.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Modern facility, nice sized rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

I saw staff not treating nicely some of the customers who did not speak Spanish. Some of them did not speak English and were court with international customers.

Modern facility, nice sized rooms.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

They were able to offer me a vegan meal at the restaurant,...
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a very short stay so can't really answer as all was good for me.

They were able to offer me a vegan meal at the restaurant, which was delicious! Huge bonus for me!

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Very good access to the airport. Reasonable facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

The smell in the room. Poor bathroom lighting. Peeling paper in one part of the room.one staff member was a bit arrogant atvtge reception - male.

The staff helped me with my bags.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

It should have been a hotel for travellers not a disco!
    • Double or Twin Room

This should have been a hotel for travelers, not a disco! There was a party with music for all the night until 3 o’clock and I couldn’t sleep. My plane was at 6.00am and wake up at 4.00. I will certainly send a complaint form for this issue At the moment it is not recommended by me because I suppose they are use to arrange such parties and I couldn’t risk again such nightmare again

The short distance from the airport The breakfast was not available at 5.00 am but they arranged coffee and some croissants, that’s nice!

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

The male staff at the lobby bar definitely treated...
    • Double or Twin Room

The male staff at the lobby bar definitely treated English-speaking travelers worse than Spanish-speaking travelers. Plus, a male waiter was so rude and unhelpful to a guest who had a little too much to drink and couldn't remember his room number that I felt compelled to intervene and direct the guest to the reception for assistance. Definitely not the type of conduct I expect from servers working at a four-star hotel in an international city like Madrid.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

A great last night of our Honeymoon
    • Double or Twin Room

Outside of the summer season the outside pool and surroundings are closed, it would have been nice to sit outside during the mild weather.

The room was incredibly comfortable, huge pillows and lots of bed space between two! We stayed one night as a stop before an early flight and found it very quiet all day into the early morning, and upon check out were easily able to find the airport shuttle which has us at our terminal in 5 minutes.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Barajas is an excellent location for an overnight stay. Hotel well situated close to restaurants etc
    • Double or Twin Room

Airport shuttle was very slow to arrive. Another guest made two calls 30 minutes apart and as per instructions we called hotel from the designated pick-up area. Overall, waited over 45 minutes for transport. Cost of taxi for short journey to hotel was 20euros so didn't take this option.

The room was very comfortable with extremely good bed. Small but full functional bathroom with excellent shower. Check-in staff very efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

After a trip around Europe (Madrid was the las city, then...
    • Double or Twin Room

After a trip around Europe (Madrid was the las city, then back to LaTam), i was just too tired to go to Madrid or look for transportation, so this was the place to relax, sleep and take a good shower. It was important the hotel to have free shuttle. I don't take the breakfast at the hotel, near (2 blocks +-) there are few restaurants.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Good for pre or post flights out of Madrid.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shuttle to was hopeless. 40 minutes and 2 calls to get from T1 to hotel. Ok next morning to T1.

Good for pre or post flights out of Madrid. An airport hotel.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Hotel caters best for conferences/business. Staff great hotel good.
    • Double or Twin Room

The price for breakfast was 20 Euro per head which even for Madrid is excessive. I stayed in Madrid this summer and had the equivalent if not better for 15 Euro. The hotel caters for conferences & business and therefore the prices reflect this. As a consequence we found alternatives for Dinner and drinks.

bedrooms and room generally very good. Breakfast was wonderful both presentation wise and quality coffee and choice. You need to spend at least an hour to get anywhere near value for money.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Super! ;)
    • Double or Twin Room

Probably it is always possible to improve something, but I liked everything! Ah, well perhaps, it would be good if the personnel had a first-aid kit with necessary drugs. I was strongly hurt by the head, and drugstores were closed...

Big and spacious rooms! Very purely and comfortably! Hotel beautiful and territory too.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Location was great
    • Double or Twin Room

We waited over 45 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport. It is supposed to run every 15 minutes. No issues with the way back.

Location was great

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Shuttle from airport is good when it eventually arrives...
    • Double or Twin Room

Aside from the lobby, the rest of the hotel is quite dated. My room was not very sound proof and I was woken at 3:45 am by next door vommitting in their bathroom and then receiving calls to the room. Traffic noise is also quite audible. When I called to book the airport shuttle they hung up before I could ask where I was supposed to find it and didn't take my number to let me know when it was arriving.

Shuttle from airport is good when it eventually arrives (communications with reception on this is not good). Nice lobby area.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Best place to stay with an early flight out of town. Free shuttle to airport avoiding traffic.
    • Double or Twin Room

Taxis took some time to arrive.

Fast check-in, large room with separate shower/bathtub, good internet speed, working space/desk was great and a very comfortable bed.

Accomodations were good.
    • Double or Twin Room

It must be their custom? or not but the driver picking us up from the airport just watched my wife and I struggle with our luggage, all buckled up on his seat. no luggage racks just some belts hanging from the side wall of the bus, very bad set up specially if you have spinners. Our way to the airport was not any better the driver was most concern with getting the cards they give you at the front desk to ride the bus back to the airport than helping with the luggage.

Very nice and clean room, updated and comfortable bed .

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Ok hotel for short airport stay.
    • Superior Double Room with Pool View

No Bell Man until after 8 am. If you have luggage before then you are on your own. Rooms need remodeling. Very dated and worn.

Bed and pillows comfortable and clean. Room clean but dated.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Very comfortable!
    • Double or Twin Room

Melia Barajas is very convenient hotel in terms of location, easy transportation,convenient stores like macdonalds, supermarket, and restaurants. Also staff in the hotel was very helpful. Room comfortable and clean with amenities. Suttle service is free of charge from airport hotel airport, good point on that!

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

In all, we spent a comfortable night
    • Double or Twin Room

I asked one of the staff for a loaner adapter/charger as mine croaked, and the individual was less than accommodating. She acted like I was inconveniencing her by asking.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

FRONT DESK PEOPLE WERE EXTREMELY RUDE!! When they made the mistakes!!!!!!! Never staying here again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Check in - check out process!! They did not have me checked in & when they did, they Ck me n2 the wrong room!! WAITING ON MY REFUND!! They DOUBLE CHARGED ME & did not reverse it prior to leaving hotel!! Unacceptable!! Writing a letters to CORPORATE!!!!

Location via airport

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Adios Madrid & Spain!
    • Double or Twin Room

Waited for shuttle at airport but never came. Supposed to call but we had no service! Hotel made up for it with room upgrade.

Near the airport in quiet neighborhood with free shuttle to & from airport. Very clean. Large room.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Regular User but......!
    • Double or Twin Room

I asked through booking ,com for room over looking pool - Hotel only advise me this was not possible ON ARRIVAL!! they should have told me before arrival and I may have changed hotel!!!!!

A Regular at this happy - It may be slight high on costs but good for my business use.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

over price
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise / speech passes through the walls between the rooms. Demanded more money than the original order and had to argue with them.

The location near the airport. The room is clean and spacious, breakfast is good but expensive

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Fine overall for overnight airport stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Airport shuttle back TO airport takes too long to wait for, far longer than forseen by kind staff Swimming pool opens too late in the day to use and closes too early . Seasonal and closes well before season is in fact over. Really too bad!

Fine overall for overnight airport stay. Rooms clean and comfortable enough.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Only good to stay for a night
    • Double or Twin Room

Their bus shuttle drivers were very unhelpful, unlike the ones from the other hotels. They DON'T assist you in putting your luggage(s) into the bus.

The porters were very helpful

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

Comfortable and convenient.
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Not enough power points for all our devices.

No outside noise. Comfortable bed in large room. Good breakfast and bar options. The swimming pool looked nice but we didn't have time to try it. Close to airport. Lot's of shops locally.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

For short stay over as it is close to the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

We booked this hotel specifically to use the pool but it closed the day before we arrived due to end of summer. We were also not aware of the free airport shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and the room very quiet. Some nice cafes and restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2017

It was fine.
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls were thin. Woke up to the person next door crying.

Comfortable, clean, good water pressure and good location. Stayed there my last night in Spain because it was near the airport.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Good hotel if you need to catch a flight, poor restaurant service
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar and restaurant are not in line with the expectations. I ordered a glass of wine after which the bartender disappeared for 10 mins. Same story in the evening, resto opens at 8.30 pm, only 3 tables in the Blue resto but after having been sitting for 15 minutes, no-one came to the table to take my order or requested if I wanted to drink something. Went back to the room and ordered room service ... food was very good though

The room was spacious and the food very good; the fact they have an airport shuttle (from 4 am) and some pastries at that time make it very convenient to spend the night and hop on the first flight in the morning.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Extremely disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room

Terrible customer services. 1st night: pool party until midnight with very loud music and disco light shining straight into my room. Pool access restricted as there was a stage in the pool. 2nd night: another disco in the pool area till midnight, very loud music, very poor soundproofing. 3rd night: my swimming shorts were removed from my room by the cleaner and never returned, and not compensated for. Unable to use pool facilities on the last night if my stay. Staff unwilling to assist me in any way.

Only the company I travelled with.

Browse Melia Barajas Traveler Photo Gallery