Reviews of NH Sotogrande 4 stars

Autovia A-7 Salida 130, 11310 Sotogrande, Spain

#3 of 4 hotels in Sotogrande

Reception was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Bathroom was tired. Very poor choice in evening restaurant, which was also cold. Staff efficient but not friendly. No bar open for pre meal drink.

Reception was good. The breakfast was good

Interior design and swimming pool,the breakfast was...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Waited over an hour and a half for our room finally got in at 4 pm after being told it would be ready in 15 mins max.Staff at breakfast didn't know where the nearest ladies toilets were.We generally decided that the staff weren't of a 4 star hotel.For example at the pool when we arrived our lunch arrived promptly and are drinks arrived nearly ten minutes later.we weren't offered anything while waiting for our room,just had embarrassing looks every time someone from reception walked past us !!!!

Interior design and swimming pool,the breakfast was excellent to.air con and wifi all ok

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Hotel in need of renovation, in the middle of nowhere so access to a car is vital.

It was not possible to order an English newspaper. Rooms whilst clean were really scruffy. Badly stained wall paper, chipped tiles on floor, wood around sink was badly damaged and chipped, carpet in hallways badly stained, most light bulbs in reading lights and ceiling either missing or not working. Sink was separate from bathroom and located in main room, gurgled throughout the night Only 1 bottle of water was provided per room per stay. Once this ran out you had to buy more. Cleaners did not replace glasses/ plastic cups so we had to ask for new ones from the restaurant but they were not keen to let us have them. Food in the restaurant was average. Shuttle bus was not very helpful, did not run to a timetable but depended on the availability of the driver who went off shift at 7 pm so if you went out for dinner you would have to make your own way home. It was also only able to take you to 1 location. Air conditioning in rooms was very noisy. No sockets near a mirror to be able to plug in hair straighteners etc, no iron or ironing board supplied and only 4 coat hangers between 3 of us. Location in the middle of nowhere and not possible to walk anywhere so not a place to stay if you dont have access to a car or a driver otherwise you are stuck as no public transport. Very little to do in the area unless you like golf.

The hotel was really spacious with plenty of space in the communal areas to do work, take calls or play card games etc with my family and the outside space was superb. The pool and gardens were wonderful, well maintained and with plenty of loungers and shade if you wanted it. The Breakfast was really good. Staff were really friendly. Plentiful supply of pool towels was great so cut down on luggage.

Friendly staff but tired and tatty hotel. Expensive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is very tired and in desperate need of a refurbishment. Our room while clean was old and tatty. The ‘double’ room was two beds pushed together with single sheets and blankets, the bathroom was very tatty and the sink unit was peeling and broken. Had we been staying more than one night I would have complained, but we were there to see friends for one night. Only worth half the £148 we paid!!

Friendly staff, lovely pool area and good breakfast.

Dessert
    • Superior Double Room with View with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Reception / stuff barely speaks English . About 3 hours after check in , they told us that our 4 y.o. Can’t use a swimming pool , While other children even smaller was swimming in it at that point . It was extremely distressing for my child and for us as well . I don’t understand why we didn’t get this information when booked? if there are any restrictions , hotel should provide it at a policy / details . If I knew my child can’t use swimming pool I wouldn’t book this hotel . I suggest it is deliberately misleading/ hidden information . Very disappointed, it was really nasty stay . Booked room with views, - viewing a building cranes on the hills. Wouldn’t stay here or any NH a too .

Dessert

Great location to relax a bit aside from the shore but not too far away.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

When occupancy is high you need to park away from the hotel as there is no official parking spots for the hotel. Prices of mini bar items are ridiculously high. If you need the sea just by your side this is not your hotel as you have to drive about 5-10 mins to get to the nearest beach.

Great staff, very kind and happy to help all the time. Our room (superior with views) was superb, lots of space and very nice balcony looking to the pool and gardens. Nice pool [never too crowed] and great atmosphere overall. By the way, do not miss the breakfast! it is great.

Breakfast was good , place was clean
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tired could do with a total refurb. No coffee or tea facilities unless you pay . Bedding was cheap beds not very comfortable.

Breakfast was good , place was clean

It did the job for us as it was close to family
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The rooms are very dated, but clean. Staff could not do enough. There could be more choice at breakfast aimed towards English as there were many staying and that also goes for the TV channels.

Lovely private terrace
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Waiting staff didn't speak very good English. One guy in particular was very unhelpful and rude. the food was also cold one evening and couldn't find anyone that spoke enough English to complain.

Lovely private terrace

A really enjoyable expo, the staff were extremely helpful, the room was spacious & confortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sorry, but the coffee.. it wasn’t expresó , it was a machine, a bit ‘wishy washy’. The ONLY complaint

The room was very spacious., super clean, beds really comfy. Breakfast was fabulous, the venue & location perfect.

Very comfortable stay and pleasant environment with great pool area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could definitely have done with a full-length mirror in the room, especially since we were staying to go to a wedding. Bathrooms slightly tired looking but clean and functional. Breakfasts very standard - could have had a few home made jams etc.

Really liked the grounds of the hotel and the pool and surrounding area. Very green and lush with all the trees and grass. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Bed very comfortable. Quiet and spacious setting.

we stayed for a long weekend , the outside spaces are great , clean and the pool area beautiful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the bathroom in our room needed TLC , but it was clean, we have to buy bottle water several times as there was no drinking water left in the room. no iron in the room, we have to take the clothes to another area to iron them breakfast was ok, good value for money

good location , good value for money the pool area, gardens and shared spaces were lovely and clean, the pool area in particular was very clean and tidy , there were lots of available comfortable chairs to use and pool towels.the SOS boy was very attentive and polite.

I found the staff to be very unhelpful.

I found the staff to be very unhelpful. I was in need of a place to stay with my two small dogs whilst relocating to Gibraltar, and wrote that I had pets on the message area when booking but they claimed not to know about my pets when I arrived. They said it was okay but 20 euros extra per dog, per night. The pool was undergoing work so was closed and I asked to change rooms because of the noise and lack of view and they put me in a room overlooking the car park. So I left without staying there. The manager said she was too busy to give me a refund there and then and was nothing short of rude, raising her voice at me and recounting the whole situation at me, when I just wanted to leave. It was 6pm and I had nowhere to stay. I literally cried in my car. With dogs it is not easy to find something last minute so I ended up having to drive north to France where I have my home. I got to Bordeaux by 3am. Cannot rate this hotel at all. Poor, poor experience.

Good place to stay for business as simple and clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool was closed for some work so if I had wanted to swim I would need to visit another hotel nearby. Key card did not work so had to return to front desk with luggage before I eventually managed to enter my room.

Bedroom was clean and fairly basic which is what I expected. Very good breakfast in good location. I did not visit the bar but it was nicely laid out

Very short visit, but disappointed that we were not told about the pool being out of action.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We should have been told before our visit that the swimming pool was out of action, as we had planned a day to relax at the pool

Clean comfortable room. We had requested a double bed, and were shown to a room with twin beds, however, they were able to move us to a room with a double bed. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Very disappointed have stayed in previous years and was much better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No pool as work being carried out. No safe in room as being refurbished. Patio door broken wouldn’t close properly. Bathroom very dated.

The staff were very helpful

Clean rooms, extremly comfortable king-size beds
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The furniture is slightly out of fashion - the re-decorating is in progress, the public rooms are more modern already Strange smell in some rooms

Clean rooms, extremly comfortable king-size beds Wide selection of food for breakfast We ate a very delicious dinner in the restaurant The receptionist was kind and helpful 🙂

Would not stay here again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I h, 2nd room after 4hrs of sleep, machinery above room making constant noise moved to 3rd room in the morning again same noise moved to 4th room which was ok but all rooms could benefit from refurbishment

Terrace outside

Good, very good, despite some bad luck with the rain.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

I guess the food could have been a little bit better. Also - where was the Cava (breakfast)

Almost everything was up to par, especially the people in the reception!

Overall very pleasant and I would reccommend it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool had a lot of chlorine which hurt my 20 month old's eyes. The pool was also freezing (we went in September). He could only stay in there about 5-10mins before his lips went blue.

Breakfast was fantastic.

Lovely hotel with excellent facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Small items in room need maintenance I.e wardrobe door unhinged, outside light hanging down. Chose to have bar menu in the evening, not 3 course menu. Had to sit outside even though restaurant only had 2 persons seated. Excessive cost for drinks.

We were upgraded, because safe was missing from original room. Very different in appearance from other hotels, bungalow type rooms but off a corridor. Small outside sitting area. Pool and surrounding garden area lovely. Breakfast excellent.

A relaxed friendly smiley hotel. Better than their sister hotel ,the Almenara, not so friendly there
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Restuarant food and rooms late being cleaned .

Reception staff were fantastic , so helpful and friendly and very informative . Please make sure when booking you want a superior room plus. With pool view . Some rooms are far away and overlook car park . We changed our room on arrival, as didn't want to look out over car park and waste bins. There are different superior room prices , which is a bit misleading looking at their website . At different prices. We ended up with a suite overlooking the pool and gardens and was well worth the extra money . Restuarant food not that imaginative, but we just booked bed and breakfast as so many lovely places to eat around the hotel . I do suggest a car is a must , otherwise you miss out on so many great out of the way typical Spanish villages , tapas etc. The hotel , we think , does need a revamp , which were told is happening this Autumn ,Winter . We will definitely return next year and explore more of inland Spain !

The staff were very friendly, breakfast was great especially...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was nowhere near any other restaurants or bars so you were stuck. The menu in the restaurant was a little limited.

The staff were very friendly, breakfast was great especially having a toaster that you could control yourself! Our room was nice but having a terrace with only a view of the back of an apartment block was not so good.

Absolutely Fine (crack the food temperatures and it will be perfect)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We truly enjoyed our stay here and will return ! but feel we have to point out few little silly gripes which we felt stopped a perfect 10 scoreUnfortunately food came out of kitchen too often either warm or cold on 2 out of the 4 days croquets where still frozen in the middle(ice cream Rock hard) very easily tested with a standard kitchen probe and a better understanding of required freezer temperatures.Simply spoiled what could so easily have been great food. This said each and every waitress and waiter were lovely proffessional hard working people. Breakfast buffet has a truly great selection lovely fruit and cold meats etc for price charged but unfortunately again requires better method of keeping food hotter. Very Poor coffee Machine Fresh ground coffee is a must for a quality hotel like yours come on Guys ..

Reception and restaraunt waiting on staff excellent,Oliviay is a top bloke 👍👍 We upgraded room for €15 per night for more spacious and private sunbathing are well worth the extra (shame about no double beds). We had late flight on last day and kept room for extra 5hrs only €40. great end to almost perfect stay..

Convenient location but hotel tired and underesourced. Ok for a night en route but no longer
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room like a school canteen. Quality of food average. Bathroom in room small and vet dark and damp

Reception staff excellent. Large bedroom. However strong smell of damp and a musty feel throughout.

Mediocre.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Whole place smelt of damp, no irons in room and had to go to a random conference room to iron, they cleaned room but left room service dirty plates in, awful breakfast, lack of staff

Size of room and outside space on balcony, shower

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

For breakfast there was not enough tea bags often ran out of bread. Short of cups some staff would turn just round and say there were no more tea cups and no more tea bags.

The staff reception very helpful. Ambience was good.

Great location, nice ambience but they need to sort out their breakfast, aircon and towels!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Arrived and the aircon didn't work for the first three days, after repeated requests for it to be fixed or changed rooms I was fobbed off and it took a lot longer than expected. The cleaners forgot to put towels after cleaning the room twice, the rooms and bathrooms are looking a little tired around the skirting boards and door frames. One night we came back and there was no water and on more than one occasion the hotel didn't have any fresh beach towels for the sun loungers. The breakfast use to be a lot nicer than what it is now and two members of our party were left with upset stomachs after their breakfast. It seems all very cut back more than likely to do with he acquisition by Sotogtande SA which will eventually take over the hotel, hopefully once this happens they will up their game and give a light refit.

I have stayed here 4 out of the past 5 years, it's a nice hotel in a great location for Sotogrande. The pool is nice and usually quiet. Exterior of the hotel is nice and clean

3 in a bed and the little one said.

Bed and staff.

Your site is faulty. When I originally booked I entered the 2 adults and 1 child age 9. I assumed that this mean't they'r be an extra bed in the room. Upon arrival the staff informed me that there was no mention of this and the room was only suitable for 2 guests. I said I'd pay extra for the use of another bed but to no avail. The BOOKING.COM website still performs the wrong function. My family and I had to share a double bed for the whole week. Not exactly comfortable, and very disappointing.

Very helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff. My partner left hit hat in a taxi & they helped track the taxi down & arranged for it to be brought back. Breakfast was delicious. Freshly done eggs to your liking. Beautiful pool area.

Very charming hotel and quiet location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The need to put panels in the breakfast area informing the guests it was absolutely forbidden to take any kind of food out of the breakfast area...

Great place to stay, very nice rooms with balcony, surprising indoor patio/corridors. It feels like walking through one of those old narrow little Mediterranean streets with small white houses and wooden front doors. Very pretty ! Breakfast was more than one can expect.

Perfect
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tiny, tiny bit of road noise whilst by the pool, but really not an issue.

A beautiful hotel - very stylishly presented, and our room was practically a small flat, with fantastic vaulted ceiling and a private terrace. The pool area was incredibly well presented, breakfast was really nice and a great variety. The club sandwich and salads were a highlight at lunchtime. And finally, the staff were brilliant, doing everything they could to help.

Nice enough if you dont have high expectations
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unless you have a car, it is difficult to get around the area. The finishes in the hotel room were poor, appearance tired and generally lacked attention to detail (e.g. flickering lights). Ambitious to call it 4 star. 'Double bed' was two twins stuck together. No English TV (not a deal-breaker). Expensive for what it is (though we booked a week before so the price we paid may not reflect the best price available for this time of the year).

Peaceful place, Sotogrande area is lovely, staff are helpful.

Uncomfortable first 24 hours due to no AIRCON and failure of booking.com to inform us when booking.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

All airconditioning was switched off and was scheduled to be switched on at the end of the month (after our stay). We complained on arrival as the booking.com website had clearly stated air-conditioning available when we booked. After a very uncomfortable first night we threatened to leave and the aircon was then switched on but it took several hours to be effective. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful but we should not have been put through that. Booking.com and the hotel should CLEARLY state at the time of booking if the air-conditioning is likely to be switched off for any reason during your stay.

Friendly staff, excellent location for purpose of trip (playing tennis).

Excellent value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a very comfortable, well positioned and nicely decorated hotel for the price. The beds were great, rooms a good size and the garden/terrace a real bonus. The reception staff were also very helpful in suggesting places to visit and the 50% off the entrance fee at the Trocadero beach club an added bonus! Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Friendliness & helpfulness of all staff who went out of...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Evening Menu not available with English translation inconvenient but not impossible (our problem - we should learn Spanish [and Portugese, and Russian and Chinese !!!]) but on one evening when the Waiter did not speak enough English, to help us not ideal

Friendliness & helpfulness of all staff who went out of their way to provide for us whatever the circumstance and whatever other crisis they may have been dealing with

I am rating the NH Almenara where we were moved.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were moved to the Almenara hotel because the NH Sotogrande was under repair. We traveled to Sotogrande for a family event . The Almenara hotel was not convenient because was quite far from where we had to be every day. Windier and foggier location compared to the lower part of Sotogrande. The bathrooms needed some TLC.

I am rating the NH Almenara where we were moved. This hotel is very quiet at night, the rooms are spacious and the mattresses very comfortable. There is free parking. It has nice views and several golf courses.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Hotel with lots of potential but lacking investment
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- The bathroom tiles seemed to be painted by hand by a chid. Conventional tiles would be better - WIFI reception was weak - The restaurant food was average. The staff seemed slightly undermanned - No gym facilities - Maids should not be yelling in the corridors when making the rooms early in the morning, disturbing people who are trying to sleep.

+ Complimentary water bottle in the room + Room with a very nice view of the golf course + Quiet room + Adequate space in the room + The reception service was very good (Lorena) + Adequate parking space + Adequate swimming pool

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The evening menu was limited and not enough children options. bathrooms are a little tired need updating.

Pool and location

Bed very comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

wardrobes are in need of update

Bed very comfortable Service personnel very helpful and friendly great pool area clean and spacious room

Nice location ,nice hotel but bit dated

Staff not friendly

Nice location ,nice hotel but bit dated

Good value hotel in Sotogrande.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable bed with efficient air conditioning. Excellent breakfast. wished we could have stayed longer!

Lovely hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Felt the bathroom was a tiny bit dark and dated.

The room was lovely with a great terrace! Pool area was beautiful, clean and mostly quiet!

Clean rooms, beautifully modern design in the lobby, quiet...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Clean rooms, beautifully modern design in the lobby, quiet relaxing pool area.

Had a nice relaxing stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The bathroom needed up dating

We had a lovely time but the standard room was a little tried , Everything elsewas good .

V good clean comfortable and staff friendly and helpful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool a bit cold and gym basic no bike

Room comfortable staff good

Frosty welcome

Staff

Friendly staff

Too noisy on last night. Room was flooded

Friendly staff

The breakfast was abundant ans the service excellent

The breakfast was abundant ans the service excellent

Pool
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The water supply was interrupted for a time

Pool

Fabulous

The room was homey

Good breakfast selection
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No atmosphere in the bar or restaurant

Good breakfast selection

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location. Near to Soto Grande port. Need car Good price quality .

Good for £70
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Can hear people in the next room, small pool

Food, room

A modern looking hotels, ideally located for Sotogrande but in need of renovation in the rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in need of renovation - in the rooms particularly.

The location is fine.

Most enjoyable!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea making equipment in the bedroom

Breakfast was excellent!

good hotel for few days if around sotogrande....car would be needed but taxis good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pool area really nice, calm and tranquil when we were there.

very comfortable!

very comfortable!

Nice hotel but bathrooms definitely in need of an update.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No English channels and the bathrooms need updating

Pool area very nice

Fabolous stay

Having to move rooms

Loved the beds and the balciny

Great place and location, easily accessible, yet relaxed and quiet.

-/-

great breakfast, nice rooms with balcony. pleasant staff, slightly dated bathroom

NH sotogrande location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing close by, needed to get cabs everywhere who made up the prices as they went along

Nice pool area

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Taxis were expensive to get to restraints

Great breakfast

Bed very comfy, great staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

A little tired, could do with a bit of work here and there.

Bed very comfy, great staff.

excellent staff ,service and value.

Everything.

Great stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar was empty and u had to hit call bell for service, full length mirror in bedroom would b a great addition

Friendly staff great breakfast

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Very helpful staff great breakfast, and ease to come and go ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff great breakfast, and ease to come and go .

Value for money

Atmosphere

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

So many steps inside the room

So many steps inside the room

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

The breakfast was varied and rich and in a nice setting.

The room was cold. The door to the bathroom was hard to shut and the furniture and the equipment in the room was in need of repair.

The breakfast was varied and rich and in a nice setting. There was a very nice pool area, tennis court and park like grounds. The room had a nice porch and the room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Arrived late in evening and left early next day so can't...

Arrived late in evening and left early next day so can't assess property other than quiet, comfy bed, good parking and breakfast. Very pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

Location, Layout and Local (yet elegant) feel

Not much, Spanish Open in progress, therefore obtaining booking restaurant a test; my fault though, should have checked dates !

Location, Layout and Local (yet elegant) feel

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Amazing pastries & selection of fantastic fruits but no...

We stayed in a superior room. Hotel is in the middle of a motorway without any footpatjs to go anywhere whatsoever and shuttle service only available on request in advance(not as it sounds on the website at all! And apparently not to Marbella beach! Hotel food (including room service) was terrible, nearby restaurant (bara grill even WORSE!!) Restaurant service only open evenings until 10pm. Mini bar was not at all cold as a fridge should be-and only food in there were kids SWEETS!! Room service was varied-floors never sweeped at all.

Amazing pastries & selection of fantastic fruits but no English breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Staff were very accommodating and very helpful;

Staff were very accommodating and very helpful; courteous and smiling. Food was good with several excellent restaurants within 5-10 min drive. Wonderful location for golf courses.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Lovely location, amazing service and great breakfast.

The double bed was actually two beds on wheels which where moving around. The staff told us how to put the breaks on which solved it. Wifi wasn't really good in our room.

Lovely location, amazing service and great breakfast. The staff would give us some wonderful recommendations where to go and eat, etc. I would totally recommend this hotel.

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse NH Sotogrande traveller photo gallery