Reviews of Hotel & Spa Villa Olimpica Suites 4 stars

Pallars, 121-125, Sant Martí, 08018 Barcelona, Spain

#362 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

good

the room is spacious and the bed is big and very comfortable. the small bottle of water and the tea at our disposal was appreciated. we are 15/20 min walk from the beach, 10 minutes walk to typical bakeries of barcelona (breakfast.. ) .. we used taxis (in front of the hotel) to get downtown for 6/7 euros.

I love the location as PobleNou is just great.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

You have to pay for the Spa, you cannot make a reservation when the frontdesk is not there. I tried to email, call, but could only make an appointment when they would open??? at 16.30. And then they tell you, you have to book 2 hours in advance. Really poor service. Swimmingpool is really small.

I love the location as PobleNou is just great. Rooms are big and clean.

Clean and tidy hotel great spa facilities.

Some of the staff were not too friendly.

Clean and tidy hotel great spa facilities. Location is a bit far, about a 25 min walk to gothic quater. Overall though very happy with the stay.

OK - nothing more, really

The staff could've smiled a little more... be more friendly

Excellent breakfast buffet, but it may be I'm too easy to fool with the ice chilled cava free of charge

Barcelona get away

Metro needed to get into tourist location. Shower was temperamental. Sometimes going cold. No milk available in rooms even though tea and coffee making facilities.

Staff were very helpful. Pool was good with plenty of beds. Very clean and large rooms. Good place to relax.

Good

When I ordered a drink it tasted of Pernod I informed the bar staff (not Andrea) and I was told I was wrong and the staff was very rude to me when I asked for a replacement

The pool was great, location great, Andrea on the pool bar was very helpful

Breakfast!

We happened to be there at a weekend when there was a dj playing from mid afternoon till 11pm. Mildly irritating but not the end of the world.

Breakfast! The Spa facilities are lovely.

The rooms was nice bit small , spa lovely we went during off...

To far out from Barcelona central and quite expensive

The rooms was nice bit small , spa lovely we went during off sonar week and that have really good events down by the pool

Not bad for the money

They way we're were treated by the hotel night security very rude and pushy. We couldn't use the pool at night because of the "pool party which started at 2pm every afternoon till 11pm. Seemed a little odd to us. The cleaning of the rooms was very just above average with noticeable dust on sheaves and tv area that had been there even before we had checked in.

The front desk girls on our arrival were FANTASTIC and we were able to check straight in even though we're were 6 hours early big relief for us as we had been traveling for 26 hours so well done and thank you very much it was much appreciated. Breakfast was great with lots of selections good coffee and lovely array of different foods.

the hotel location was good but the internet is very bad and needs another ISP
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

the internet broke down every hour and it was a nightmare to check emails and call family and friends and use whats app, simple text messages took 1 hour to go on whats app lifts are super slow pool is small the hotel must make sure that there is another ISP as backup when they have issues

location was good just a good 15minutes walk to the beach

the hotel is super comfortable, I love staying in this hotel...

the hotel is super comfortable, I love staying in this hotel, it is my third time I stay in this super comfortable hotel and the staff are super helpful always.

Away in barcrlona

I liked everything

The rooms were ample, cleaned every day and had @3 showers and a bath. Had outside pool which was lovely and inside spa suites which were fabulous. The staff were very friendly but not over bearing like some can be.

Clean, comfortable, nice area

Loud clubs nearby, you shouldn’t stay here if you are sound sensitive. We might just have had bad luck, but there was several small glitches in the hotel - all fixed by the staff but a bit tiering to go down and talk to reception to get things fixed several times per day. Examples; doors not working, doorcards not working, do not disturb sign disappeared, AC not working, cleaning staff walking in while do not disturb sign was hanging on the door, and so on.

Clean, comfortable, nice area

Good location to explore Barcelona, nice facilities

Shower cubicle leaked all over bathroom floor even with the door closed fully. Spa staff not overly friendly when booking to visit.

Friendly reception staff on arrival and good English made checking in easy after a long time travelling. Room was clean and modern, bed was comfortable. Good location for metro link to whole Barcelona area and some really nice restaurants within 10-15 mins walk.

Generally speaking, the stay was good. The location of the hotel though is not great.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

dirty shower doors, very smelly water kettle, location was terrible, very sketchy, and not much around

comfortable beds, pillows, good wifi, receptive staff

I had a great experience.
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

The breakfast “hot food”needs to be hot, they were lukewarm. Otherwise good food. Also their towels looked old and were not soft on the skin.

The cleanliness of the room. The staff were excellent.

A good value hotel, proximate to the city centre and beaches.

The Spa has excellent facilities but needs structure. Firstly, many of the treatment areas weren't working properly due to lack of maintenance. Secondly people, including young children, clearly not familiar with behavior at Spa's, were noisy and treated the area as a playground. There needs to be stricter supervision of the area.

Breakfasts and dinners were superb. Jesop on the front desk was extremely helpful in recommending tours conducted in English.

Clean, nice breakfast, helpful staff, taxi rank outside.

Location was a little to far from centre. Spa was not free after first 1 1/2 hour complimentary visit.

Clean, nice breakfast, helpful staff, taxi rank outside. Near to nice park.

Threceptionists were very helpful, informative and engaging, as we’re the breakfast staff.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I thought that only allowing one visit to the spa and then having to pay thereafter was a bit of a joke, as it’s advertised as a spa hotel and I would expect to use all of its spa facilities for free. I wouldn’t expect to pay to swim in a pool at a hotel, so why should I have to pay to use the facilities att the spa?

The staff were friendly, the breakfast had a good variety. The reception area was modern, spacious and inviting.

Quite location, nice stay
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Bit stiff price if travelling solo, breakfast wasn’t included. Spa area a bit busy.

Nice, clean, room with bath and shower. Quite area. 15 min walk to beach. Nice spa area with saunas and indoor pool (1 free, rest extra charge). Nice outdoor pool area, but small pool, water cold, but pool area sheltered from wind. 20-25 minutes walk to Gothic quarter.

Disappointing won’t book with you again
    • Suite with Spa Access (4 Adults)

Not what I signed up for or paid for

The picture showed two room with kitchen balcony and lounge this was just not true I would never had paid that much two adults were on our up uncomfortable beds

Great pool area with a bar.

Location wasn’t great but we didn’t know before we got there, fine to walk to everything if you don’t mind a 20+ min walk into the main sights.

Great pool area with a bar.

I'd come back here and would also recommend this hotel. I felt comfortable as a solo traveller.

The hotel is not in a salubrious or buzzing location, though only 5 minutes to Bogatell metro and 7 or 8 minutes to Marina (a few shops and coffee shops) (the red line at Marina takes you directly to Catalunya square where it's all happening e.g shopping, tour buses). I was disappointed to find there was no massage (as advertised) as this was one of my search words on booking.com. However, the magnificent spa pretty much made up for it - take your swimmers! Room service took quite a while and when it finally arrived, i could see the guy had a trolley with everyone's orders, suggesting to me they are economical (short-staffed).

The room was very nice, comfy bed. The spa was amazing! I didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but i did have meal on the first night and room service the next. The service was great, food nice. All the staff were very polite, professional and helpful.

Not recommended.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

My key card almost never worked in the elevator and at several occasions stopped working for my room (without being near any mobile devices or other cards), had it replaced/recharged around 10 times during my stay. At one time found the safe in my room opened while remember checking it before leaving. Suspect 20 euros being taken. Checked with the reception - they told me that it was only me who entered the room. Blocked and replaced all my cards just in case. The breakfast was dull and so were the people in the reception.

The place is in a quiet area of the city and is relatively quiet and close to both the beach and the subway. Check-in and check-out was efficient, the room and the spa looked clean. The spa was ok on a cold rainy day.

Fantastic hotel. Good value for money!

Difficult to find a fault with this hotel. The only thing I can think about is it's not as close to the city center.

Facilities are great for the money. Rooms extra big. Super clean and comfortable. Lots of options at breakfast. Spa facilities are all you need for a short weekend trip in Barcelona.

it was fine if noise doesn't interrupt your sleep.

We had two rooms one on the pool side of the hotel which was fine and one on the street side was noisy from car traffic which was ok BUT Saturday night very loud due to club around the corner party to 6 AM thought there were fire works but it was the banging on the steel roll up doors that are on many of the business's.

We stayed here to extend a cruise vacation a few days. Not knowing anything about Barcelona the location was sufficient for sightseeing and using metro, bus or taxi's. The hotel and staff were great.

WIFI RECEPTION WAS POOR.
    • Suite with Spa Access (4 Adults)

WIFI RECEPTION WAS POOR. SPA ONLY OPEN TO CHILDREN IN THE MORNING. WHEN THE OUTDOOR POOL IS NOT HEATED AND COLD OFF SEASON THEY COULD BE MORE FLEXIBLE HERE

The location was good

The spa was really good, but 15 eur for 90 mins is too much. The spa service should be included in the room cost. And they said they outdoor pool was shut, cause they were trying to promote the spa

The location was good

No not stay at this hotel if it's the last hosenda in hell
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

As I was checking in I was told there was No she conditioning despite it being 61 degrees. Staff couldn't care less attitude, told me to open a window. No window locks on windows. Probably illegal. 6 foot 3 man in a 5th apartment with a 3/4 length window, where the window seal was below my hip. When the internet conked out, I told them to Google Conner Clapton and asked to move to another hotel 3 days early. Appalling

Nothing other than the spa facilities

I liked the bedroom it was very comfortable, the hotel spa...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I didn't like the fact that it was a bit far from the city center and I didn't like the nearby neighborhood. I have also found a small glass inside the shower and thank god I didnt cut my feet which I showed it to the reception. I don't know where it came from and is a bit strange since if it was cleaned with water it shouldn't appear there. I have read some comments from other visitors and I read one review that she cut her feet so be aware of this... However, I wouldn't say it's a 4-star hotel if it wasnt the SPA....

I liked the bedroom it was very comfortable, the hotel spa it was really relaxing and I believe is a value for money hotel.

Not very good

Staff not very friendly and smiley; no cot available on request; towels missing for 3 people; no hot water available on last day; cut my foot with a glass in room floor...

Very enjoyable - a much better facility than i expected.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Air conditioning wasn't working properly. Not the fault of the hotel but be aware there is a nightclub in the same block with two patio areas - some noise from there about 3 or 4 am.

Very modern room - lots of space for one person. Extremely good bathroom. Very helpful staff. Well located.

Room size was ideal.

Room size was ideal. Location was good. It was only a 2 minute walk to the metro. The spa was very good also. Staff were helpful. Would stay here again.

The location for us was good.

The room got too hot the a/c was not on even though we requested it. The bed was not comfortable at all. There was one staff in particular who was very rude in answering our questions. The room wasn’t cleaned to a good standard.

The location for us was good. Halal food places were only 15 min walk and a lot variety in food. Close to the beach.

Great hotel. Had everything we needed and was a very comfortable stay in a good location.

The area was a bit deserted and dodgy. But its ok.

Very good value for money. Decent price and good facilities. Beds were very comfortable. Location was good.Close to metro station (3-minute walk), 10-minute walk to the beach and restaurants and a 20-minute walk to city centre. It had a nice pool and a complimentary spa as well.

Good value for money, quiet area.

Most unhelpful lady during check in (the lady only). We had specifically ordered a double bed and we received two singles instead. When I asked the reception i received an absolute ‘no’ as an answer. The next day the staff was OK.

Was ok for 3 nights, would not go there next time.

Small room, smaller than in description. The Room was cleaned once during a 3 night stay!!! Open bath and toilet. We got a room with connecting doors, we could hear the neighbors. The sound from neighbors was annoying. At check out the lady was very unfriendly, did not say a word when we picked up our suitcases. Spa is a disappointment, old and crowded.

Good breakfast, with a lot of choice and good coffee. Close to metro stations and restaurants.

Beautiful rooms and spa facilities.

The area was the only left down with this hotel, the surrounding area looks really rough and it’s around a 15 minute walk to most places to eat.

Beautiful rooms and spa facilities. Good food, nice drinks and good WiFi.

Stay away !
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

Our options were a double bedroom with breakfast or an apartement with free entry to spa.The price was about the same.Upon arrival we found out we can enter the spa only once per stay and our kitchenette was locked up,it could be opened for additional charge €20 per day.

We are glad we did not get charged for shampoos and room service

WE WILL BE BACK! Just a perfect stay...
    • Suite with Spa Access (3 Adults)

I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel.

Everything about this hotel was absolutely amazing, all the staff were more than friendly and couldn’t do enough for us! We asked them many questions about places to eat, transport, things to do etc and they were more than happy to help us! All staff spoke amazing English, the hotel was unbelievably clean, the spa was such an amazing extra and again incredibly clean! Our rooms were cleaned everyday and although the room maids didn’t speak much English (why should she? We are in her country!) she was extremely polite and friendly, she never woke us up and she always cleaned our room whenever we were out. Just another added bonus was the taxi rank right outside the hotel! Cost approximately €8 to get into the center of Barcelona by taxi, 10 minute walk to the beach and all the restaurants on the sea front! The location was nice as it is in the quieter parts but also in a good distance of everything! It cost us about €30 from the airport to the hotel and all the taxi drivers are very friendly! There is also a petrol station opposite the hotel amazing for grabbing snacks or cigarettes or whatever you might need! Cannot rave about this hotel enough! Would 100% recommend! We were a group of 3 girls age 21/22 but there were people of all ages here. Absolutely amazing!!!!

Perfect

The spa they have its amazing!! Room and bed was big and comfortable! Everyone working there was nice and kind, the breakfast was very good and the drinks at the bar worth the money. I totally loved our stay and I will definitely recommend it to my friends!

Hotel looks really clean and modern , staff was really...

Hotel looks really clean and modern , staff was really friendly . Had no time to try their food or drinks but rooms , spa and general hotel is amazing . I like the fact that the hotel is relatively small , gives you the feeling of a little bit more intimacy As a tip: rooms with bath(and shower ) are bigger and nicer ❤️I’ll definitely come back.

Very nice spa with indoor swimming pool and also a garden...
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Very nice spa with indoor swimming pool and also a garden with an outside pool available. Close to metro for getting to the centre and walking distance from the beach.

Great place for Razzamutazz weekend pity about the mix up with charging for breakfast.
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

I was charged for 7 breakfasts after a mix up, I didn’t notice until I got home ( only 3 people ate breakfast) I’ve been trying to email and call the hotel but had no reply it feels disappointing after such a good stay.

Nice size room with bath and shower

lovely rooms, great staff.

Air conditioning was broken which meant it was very warm at night.

Rooms were very clean and staff were very friendly. Helpful in guidance around the area.

Barcelona trip

It looks exactly like the photos they have up online

Very clean and modern not too far from the city or the metro plenty of night clubs around. Staff where all friendly and helpful. Never ate at the hotel so can't review the food. Was located in a quieter area away from the business of the centre but only five minutes away by metro all in all had a great stay and would go back again if I got the chance

Nice enough. Wouldn't stay there again.

We were put in a connecting room. Very small and noisy! No idea why that was done as I am sure there were plenty of other rooms available on a Wednesday night in February. Second room we were in was fine. Although, leaky shower door and a view of a warehouse (?) No decent breakfast places in the area.

Free 90 minute session in the spa.

Amazing location, really clean inside and outside the hotel.
    • Suite with Spa Access (3 Adults)

Amazing location, really clean inside and outside the hotel. Really kind staff and the view from our room was breathtaking. If I ever visit Barcelona again, I'm staying once again in this amazing hotel.

A long weekend in Barcelona!

a nightclub very close to hotel with extremely loud music until silly o'clock, but after sightseeing all day nothing would have kept us awake. not a central location but metro was A+

A really nice hotel staff are very friendly, room was nice and clean and spa was excellent.

Surprisingly good for the money
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Some hair on the bed but I guess that was from the cleaner that just passed by to replace the sheets

Friendly staff that speaks good French and English next to Spanish. The room was also very good. This hotel knows how to use space; I had a double bed, seperate shower to bathtub and wc with bidet in just 20 m2. I liked the idea to be able to seperate the bedroom from the other facilities with a sliding door. That gave me the feeling of being in just a bedroom somewhere in a bigger place or appartment. The location is also good - in my opinion - 5 minutes walk from Bogatell metro station and 15 minutes walk from the beach. Lots of supermarkets in the area as well... Last but not least which took me by surprise was a free SPA experience of 90 minutes. I really enjoyed this space and was even better prepared for the half marathon I ran the day after. All in all, I can recommend this place and will also consider this hotel for my next Barcelona half marathon experience.

The room and bathroom were nicely laid out

There were yellow stains on the duvet cover and the cleaner noticed but just put a sheet above the cover. The coffee and tea was not replenished and stirrers were not available after first day when they were disposed of.

The room and bathroom were nicely laid out

A lovely stay
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

Location is not great fairly quiet area but everything is in walking distance and there is a metro stop round the corner

The spa facilities were amazing. Our room was a suite - spacious and comfortable. The toiletries were fantastic and included razor toothbrush comb. The room had a kettle which was a bonus as not many European hotels have kettles in the room. Our heating/ac did not work but we were quickly moved to another room.

Nice rooms but awful area and noise all night long
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

The location of the hotel is awful. As the nightclub is just nextdoor, there was huge noise all night long - you felt like you are sleeping in the middle of the street. Not really ideal if you want to run the half marathon next day. Also the area itself is a bit run down and nothing to see. For visiting BCN there are better choices. Staff was ok but could have been a bit more friendly/individual.

The room was spacious, clean and had everything that you need - from TV over a huge bathroom to free tea and coffee. Bed was comfy.

Very good... until I found 2 alive insects on the bathroom floor
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Had an extremely positive impression of the room (big, bright, with a nice bath tub and very accessoried) and hotel overall. Until the second evening, once I entered in the room after a dinner out, I found 2 insects (centipedes) on the floor, which ran immediately under the sink. Disgusting.

The room was big, and bright. Loved the bath and spa vibes.

Amazing city definitely worth a visit, will be visiting again when the weather is much better.

The mini bar is very expensive and they seemed to hide the price list so make sure you check before cracking open a drink.

Perfect location out of the hussel and bussel of the city centre but a close enough walk in or if walking isn’t for you there is a tube station about 2 minutes away. Rooms were clean and tidy and of a good size.

Close to city center and beautifull SPA

I chosed double bed but we got twin beds pushed together what is not conforttable. The other thing, we got a room on the first floor and it was really noisy from the street during the night so we couldn't sleep 4 nights.

Close to city center and beautifull SPA

Great place to chill!
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

small attention to detail missing in the room ie. Cables for the headboard lights showing, writing on room partition glass from presumably when it was ordered, couch stained and bottom drawer broken and frays on the curtains.

Perfect big breakfast, beautiful spa, decor in the room and throughout hotel & outside. Helpful staff too!

The hotel was an acceptable location near the beach
    • Double Room (1 Adult)

Housekeeping services were unacceptable. Prompting service was useless. First room I had was marginal. TV only had 2 English speaking channels. When moved to 2nd room on 6th floor, the room was more up dated and better TV channel selections.

Front desk staff and evening restaurant host were exceptional. Together these individuals made the stay in Barcelona much more enjoyable

Ok but dont think we will book the hotel again.
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

Spa was difficult to book and twice we were told it was full in the 4 days we were there despite booking spa access in our deal. Location was not great and not a lot of restaurants nearby.

Hotel in general was ok. Carlos in the bar & restaurant was a fantastic host and he could not do enough for you. Spa was excellent and very relaxing.

Nice hotel but not very friendly staff

The welcoming from staff, there was lack of information and a bit blunt. Not very friendly.

The beds are very comfy, rooms are well equipped. The location is very good only five minutes to the metro and fifteen minutes walk to the beach.

Very nice room with style.
    • Suite with Spa Access (1 Adult)

It is clean but it could be better for the standard.

Very nice room with style. The spa is definitely a plus. Not the best neighborhood to visit but I chose it on purpose (out of touristic areas and not far from the beach and some bars)

Perfect Service, Perfect location, close to Sagrada Family

Everything was perfect

The room and the hotel was at a high level of quality and in the same time all the services offered by the hotel were perfect. Hotel very clean and nice decorated, the bathroom new decorated and very clean as well

Ok over all
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

It was sort of dull , also some of the staff at reception could be more friendly and smile more . Also the WiFi was pretty bad.

I enjoyed the Spa facilities.

brilliant hotel with close metro stations with links into the centre
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

the spa was closed throughout our stay and we paid for a suite with spa access and had absolutely no prior warning of this closure until we arrived at the property this was the only disappointing thing about the property

the bed was extremely comfy and the seperate shower and bath was very nice and the size of the suite was alot bigger than we was expecting

Good hotel but a bit overpriced
    • Suite with Spa Access (3 Adults)

The lobby smells spa (quite heavy wet air). The room was too hot.

The room was quite spacious, with rather comfortable bed (a bit too soft as of me). The breakfast was good - a lot of varieties, fresh orange juice. The hotel is within walking distance from the main attractions of Barcelona.

Good

WiFi is not good , the breakfast doesn’t have varieties it’s the same everyday, no cold AC , the bathtube is in front of the door room

The room , the breakfast, location, the staff

nice

noisy neighbourhood at night, though closing the window solves this problem wifi sometimes laggy and slow

Friendly staff, tasty breakfast, everything neat and tidy, location half an hour from center by foot and ~5 min to public transport, comfortable shower and bed

Staff were lovely and friendly.

Food was massively over priced and didn’t taste great. Location was ok, however, there was not much going on around the area. Our hallway absolutely stank.

Staff were lovely and friendly. Room was comfortable and cute.

Bed was comfy
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

Because the room that I had booked was not available when we checked in I was given some free access to the spa vouchers however I was not able to use them as the spa was fully booked. When I asked to access the spa I was told by the spa receptionist that I had to book which I wasn't told when checking in. I only managed to use the spa once in my stay which was disappointing

Bed was comfy

We totally enjoyed our stay in the Hotel.

Very few chairs in the indoor pool area. The red dining chairs in the bar were worn-out and looked old. They need to be changed.

The bed was extra comfy. The fact that the menu kept changing made the food in your restaurant interesting and excellent.

Excellent hotel for good price

Excellent hotel for good price You’re very close to the center 10 minuets by metro Same level of this hotel in the rambla cost more than dubel price

Adequate however the bed situation was really annoying

The double bed was two beds pushed together which meant you would fall into the crack in between during the night. The spa was really busy, only had one sauna working and was full of screaming kids

The bath in the room was an added comfort

Overrall happy with our hotel selection!
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

Not enough english channels on the tv. My husband didnt find the bed too comfortable.

Complimentary Cava for breakfast was amazing. Spa facilities were great, multiple jacuzzi pools available.

The staff was not very friendly, especially in the spa area.
    • Suite with Spa Access (2 Adults)

The staff was not very friendly, especially in the spa area. We booked the spa 2 months in advance and we wanted to go at tuesday night and they told us it was full and we were supposed to make a reservation for the night... the furniture in the room and in the lounge looks very used and old.... overall the experience was not good.

Awesome value

A guy behind the Front desk got very mad at me when I brought my bicycle down through the front and when I returned a different guy told me no problem wheel it through with a big smile on my face....could have easily been more polite about the situation. My bike was clean

Browse Hotel & Spa Villa Olimpica Suites traveller photo gallery