Reviews of Acta Splendid 3 stars

Muntaner, 2, Eixample, 08011 Barcelona, Spain

#366 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Giving your key in every time you left the hotel although could be helpful, was a bit of an inconvenience when someone was being served in front of you.

Clean, nice room, friendly staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No included breakfast unless you pay quite a bit more.

Very clean and very friendly staff. The location is nice. 5 minute walk to the metro station Universitat. Very close to the center.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bad soundproofing - one can heаr noises from corridor or outside. There were construction works nearby, that can wake up late slippers (like us). Internet was perfect at the beginning, but then gets slower and weaker.

Location is perfect. Plenty of delicious food for breakfast . Friendly and helpful staff. Bed was super comfortable. Baggage locker to leave your suitcase if you have a late flight.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff went above and beyond to help in any way they could. Provided excellent info on the area with free maps. The hotel is in a perfect location to explore all the key sites..las ramblas is only a short walk away and you can walk to the beach in just over half hour. Easy to reach from the airport using the airport aerobus ( get off 3rd stop and takes about 30 mins). Hotel is just a couple of mins from the bus stop.

• Superior Triple Room

Slightly noisy given the surrounding traffic but that is to be expected with a city view.

Perfectly located in Eixample, with the metro around the corner and surrounded by cafes and restaurants. Plaza Catalunya is a few blocks away. The hotel has recently been refurbished and is really lovely. The staff were all very helpful and professional. Were kind with my 3-year-old daughter. Highly recommended and would go back.

• Superior Triple Room

I went to this hotel about s month ago, in April and stayed for 3 nights. One morning when I went out I realized I had forgotten to wear my watch, which I had left in the table the night before. When I went back I didn’t find it where I had left it. I looked everywhere just in case it had fallen somewhere but I didn’t find anything. The next morning I went to the reception and told them about this, that I left the watch there and I couldn’t find it. First they started doubting my word asking me if I had left it somewhere else, then they said that something like this never happened in the hotel. Of course that’s what they would say. Even if it had happened a hotel would never say things have gone missing from our hotel before. Like any hotel would do they were defending their house keeping which had gone on vacations that same day. They tried to explain themselves that sometimes the client doesn’t look good enough and sometimes the item is in the room but they can not find it and they sent 2 housekeepers to search for it but of course they didn’t find anything. I wanted to call the police, and the manager asked me a few times after that if I wanted to call the police in a demanding tone, like I was afraid to do so. The problem was that I had to go to the airport and I didn’t have time for that and even if I could the watch would not be found. It was not in the hotel and the housekeeper who cleaned my room was on vacations that day so they couldn’t do anything about it. I left them a phone number to contact me in case they would find anything but no one has contacted me yet. And of course the watch in nowhere to be found. This is my experience in this hotel and I’m sharing it with everyone so they can know about these things before they make a booking in this hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Had to check out early in the morning for a 6 am flight , guy on front desk was moody and rude and seemed quite irritated to have been disturbed. Apart from this one incident hotel was great.

• Double or Twin Room

It would be good to have a bit more storage in the room. The bed was a twin and was sliding on the laminate flooring.

The room was quiet as we asked.Good location. The receptionists were helpful just one of the men could be smilling a bit more.

I liked everything.

Clean and well presented room. Complimentary bottle of wine. Comfortable bed. Friendly and helpful staff. Central location, close to transport links and attractions.

• Double or Twin Room

Lack of facilities, initially given a very small room with a really bad smell. Staff did not handle complaint very well.

Comfortable large bed, location great

• Double or Twin Room

As we arrived my spouse discovered a huge (5 cm long!!!!) cockroach on the corridor and the receptionist did not seem to care about it too much. We did not - luckily - see any further ones during our stay, yet we felt pretty uncomfortable there. Maybe this is normal in this city, yet the price of the hotel seemed too high for such inconveniences...

freshly renewed, looks really nice, and is located at a great place to visit the sights of Barcelona, all attractions as well as public transport are close

• Double or Twin Room

Did not like anything!!!! Rude staff, hotel had a bad smell, the room was tiny, overall, a terrible experience Booking.com should be more careful about what they put on their website. We booked trusting them and were disappointed when we reached there. As s result we did not use them for the rest of our stay.

Only the location

• Double or Twin Room

1. In the evening it becomes inconvenient to come into hotel as the door doesn't work round the clock, and the manager on a reception every time presses the button. Especially inconveniently if you smoke, and every time is created not a dexterous situation that it is necessary to disturb the person in order that he has opened a door. 2. Most likely from it otsutvut affability of personnel. Not all are friendly. I don't speak about affected smiles, namely goodwill. 3. The old and slow elevator, periodically breaks. 4. One mechanical card on number.

Расположение, через дорогу от отеля платный паркинг.

The staff is very rude and not gentle ... if you go there I advise you to get information outside of the hotel ... to be fair, only one attend working at evening tried to give some information gently... all the rest looks like to hate the guests

The room was clean and comfortable as shown in the site when I booked it

• Double or Twin Room

Asked for a double bed but got a twin, was told they could maybe change this the next day. Asked to use the hotel safe but had to wait til the next day for this as the previous accupant had taken the time key. They were renovating some areas but I don't recall being told this when booking or after.

Location was great. Very clean rooms. Comfortable bed and clean bedding. Knowledgeable and friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

It was noisy. We got a room at the corner of the building, and we could hear the traffic and noise outside. But maybe in a different room, there is less noise.

The location of the hotel was perfect for us. Close (walking distance) to all tourist attractions. We rented bikes (recommended!), so we could go everywhere we wanted. The cafe opposite was really nice too: the principal. The breakfast was good, although we had more pleasure eating from the food market (mercado de la boqueria) at the Rambla. They were also reconstructing the hotel, but really, we didn't noticed it all! We got a complementary bottle of wine, which was really nice.

• Double or Twin Room

The only negative is that I think during peak season the room might get a little noisy but we had no issues.

The property is located right in the old town within easy walking distance for all the major attractions. The staff were very friendly and spoke good English. The highlight however was the breakfast spread which included Portuguese tarts and other local sweet treats.

• Double or Twin Room

I asked for a quiet room and I get one close to a nightclub. The staff tried to help me with giving me cottons for my ears.

The staff was wery friendly even though they didn’t informed me about the nightclub. Close to Plaza Catalunya.

The only negative thing was that I couldn't check in before 2pm which is inconvinient for someone travelling from far away and landing early in the morning.

Everything was fine, the location was great, staff was nice and room was really quiet and clean.

room was cold

good location, very quiet, staff lovely , beds very comfortable, the only downfall was the room was cold but saying that I will definitely stay here again next year

• Double or Twin Room

Walls are very thin so could hear everything going on in the room next to us and breakfast was very average..the milk was off one morning.

Location and the room was clean and comfortable, fair size for Europe.

Didn't like the fact that a couple of times fell off in our bathroom.

Great value for the money and good location. Quiet but not too far from transportation or la Ramblas

• Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent, staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean with comfortable beds. My son left a watch in the room and when I contacted staff they had found it and we're helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Very small bathroom so much so it's difficult to get into, bit of an obstacle course to get into shower/toilet. One English tv channel so not relaxing after a long day walking. More suited for groups looking for a Base than couples.

Comfortable bed

• Double or Twin Room

When filling in this form it says "partner" I have proudly been married for 47 years and would like to say my stay was with my HUSBAND NOT partner. It really bugs me to the point that I will not fill in anymore of these forms if it says partners. I know it may sound petty but why can't you simply add Husban/Wife to youor answers. Rant over

The breakfast was superb. The bed a little hard but overall the room was very clean and very comfortable. Great location or the sights.

• Double or Twin Room

Very small room, No electricity outlets, had to unplug tv to charge phones. breakfest was expensive, not worth the price. Bad view from room.

Good location, reception is very helpful for turists.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is in a good central location. Rooms were a bit on the small size but beds were extremely comfortable. Air conditioning was controlled by the desk which was a tad odd. Overall can't complain had a great visit

• Double or Twin Room

This was a great location - easy walking distance to Las Ramblas and the harbor. The rooms were clean and fine, but small and kind of dark. Was great to have A/C! Plenty of hot water, clean towels, etc. Very good wifi.

I felt the staff were not very friendly; I felt sometimes as though I was bothering them by asking for information. When I booked a taxi to the airport from the hotel it would have been nice to know it cost a €15 supplement :so airport to hotel was €25 but hotel to airport was €40 because the hotel booked it.

The property is in a very good location.

• Quadruple Room

3 mobilefoons 2 iPads and only 2 outlet sockets in the room. Cheap to upgrade.

Location price and big rooms, very clean. I definitely go back again sometime.

• Double or Twin Room

The building was in renovation and although did not bother outside, looking from your window and looking at the beams,where workers walk its not what you want, it should be specified that building is being remodel.

The property was well located, clean and in good shape.

The room had no view, from our room's window the were looking at a wall! It was dark even in daytime. The hotel is under renovation in its facade. Not offered slippers in the room.

Perfect location, near metro station and with easy access all around the city! The hotel was clean and the breakfast had products of good quality. We enjoyed especially the high quality coffee and a really nice thing was that we could have a take away coffee too! The wifi connection was fast and easy!

• Double or Twin Room

See the note in the section above.

When I arrived, I was taken to a room with 2 double beds and cot. I told them,that I traveling alone and just wanted a double bed. I asked them if I took,the smaller room would I pay less. He said no.I asked to discuss this, with person in charge and he said that he would be angry. The concierge was pleasant and helpful. Thanks, Barbara Del Sol

• Double or Twin Room

outside with scaffolding, first shown to small musty room asked for a better room which they gave us but then charged extra

budget stay, good location cafes and good bars nearby easy walk to ramblas

• Double or Twin Room

Plumbing a little noise from next door room

Clean, friendly staff good location for metro, bars and the la rambler. Even thou building work going on must have used a British builder as never saw one!

the bathroom without bidet

the location was great, cafes all around, the hotel provides data and facilities to book for the tourist places we wish to visit avoiding standing in the queue

• Quadruple Room

The location was very good, close to metro and within walking distance to the waterfront and the market. However, with children, you have to be a bit more careful going out in the evening due to its location away from the more touristy areas.

The front desk (David) was extremely helpful and courteous -- made our stay with the children very comfortable in Barcelona. Recommended a wonderful traditional restaurant which we highly recommend and will eat there again the next time we visit Barcelona City Centre. The location of the hotel is not the most ideal with children but is very quiet and away from the big social scene such as Las Ramblas.

The rooms are nothing special. The beds were uncomfortable. The front desk person stepped out and we had to wait for him to be let in at night. We were there 3 nights and the cleaning staff never came to clean the room. We only received fresh towels.

. The location was convenient. We had to wait a couple of times for the front desk person to answer the door. Close to trains and busses traveling in Barcelona.

• Double or Twin Room

The exterior is being renovated, so there is scaffolding and screening outside the windows. During the day, workers on the scaffolds mean that curtains must be closed for privacy.

Great accessibility to transit (Universitat metro station, Aerobus stops). Short walk to the old city and La Rambla, but outside of busiest tourist area. Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Small room, noisy, thin walls that make you listen who pass by the corridor

The building was under re construction, rooms were too small with many pieces of furniture that made difficult transit for a family room type. Expensive breakfast compared to bars in the area

No bar or restaurant at the hotel, although there was a lot of places nearby. The room was a little cramped for 3, but fine for a short term base. Hotel very clean, even though they had been installing new windows and were still decorating the outside, which was covered with netting and some scaffolding. Long queues for some of the sights - Parc Guell restricted the numbers visiting the mosaic benches etc - when we went they were booked up to the evening, so we just walked around the gardens - enjoyable but you don't get to see the main mosaics close up. Worth booking in advance.

No restaurant at the hotel, although they did have a buffet breakfast we didn't use as there was a cafe across the road that we sat outside and had lovely coffee and croissants. The zoo was well worth a visit.

• Double or Twin Room

Too noisy, we could hear guests arriving or departing throughout the nights, and could hear very well our neighbors whenever they were in the room

Clean, good location, helpful staff

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Great location,close to the metro and nice bars and restaurants. La Ramblas and Barri Gotic are literally a 10 min walk. good sized room, comfy bed and lovely staff. We will definitely stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms could be a little more soundproof.

Bed extra comfy, breakfast very good, room spacious, cleanlyness very good and staff were wonderful. We would definitely stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

Furniture outdated, bathroom smells of drainage, coffee at breakfast is bad.

Rooms to the back are quiet. Parking garage is available just across the street. Nice neigbourhood.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms too small. I paid $150 for a $60 room back in the states. But in Barcelona hotel prices are outrageous! And there's absolutely no value for money. Expect to be ripped off and you won't be disappointed!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was having renovations in the front side of the building. Workers were performing construction work hanging outside the window with really noisy work going on. Zero privacy. Hotel should not be having guests while doing such works. Walls are very thin and noise from inside the hotel was terrible too. Hotel outdated in desperate need of new furniture, TV was broken. Front desk clerk of the right shift was rude. Bad experience

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

They were renovating the outside so had scaffolding up. It didn't affect the inside. Once the scaffolding is down this will be a great hotel for a visit to Barcelona.

Location is brilliant you can get the cheap airport coach to University Place and then it's a 4 min walk. The metro is 3 min walk. Good rooms, the view of the rooms facing into the back courtyard is a bit grotty but catches the sun in the morning for waking up to.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Couldn't work the air con but also couldn't be bothered to go to reception to ask what I was doing wrong so not a complaint.

Great location, out the way of the main busy areas but just a 6 or 7 minute walk to La Rambla, 24 hour mini market round the corner. The hotel itself is nice, clean and comfortable. I'd gladly stay again on another visit.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Some stafg were not as friendly as they could have been, and stated to us when we asked if we could store luggage the day before checkout that we could put baggage in a locked room however when it came to us checking out they said the room was full and we would have to pay for a locker (this seemed strange at 11). Cleaners although very good ignored sign on the door the days that we said we did not need it cleaning and proceeded to do it anyway! Breakfast is very expensive at €10.50 for one person and the food is not really worth that price

The location was perfect, very close to everything we wanted to see! Also very easy to get to from the metro station which makes this much less stressful. Rooms were lovely. clean very good for the price and wonderful size.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

What kind of hotel doesnt allow visitors to your room? Don't stay here if you plan on having someone visit you. You cant sneak them in either because front desk keeps your room key. This rule was not disclosed on booking site. Very disappointed.

Location was nice.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

No telephone charging possibility near beds.. one in bathroom, one in under TV. Hotel exterior is in renovatoin rightnow but no one told us, it was surorised when We arrived...

*Location is very good (2 min.walking to Universtat metro), *Easy to transport from/to airport with public transport, aerobus, also taxi cost 40 Euro (one way) *Breakfast is rich and good enough..

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The bed wasn't really comfortable. It seems like the mattresses should be renewed, as well as the room decoration. I'm aware that they are renewing the outside, I hope they do the same on the inside of the rooms, as it is otherwise a pleasant hotel!

The renewed bathroom was great, and the breakfast was nice - the highlight for me was the fresh fruit macedonia and the great croissants!!!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

There was only decaf coffee and no normal breakfast tea. If there had been milk sachets or powdered milk it would have been perfect.

The staff were so friendly. Room nice and quiet but bIt warm. Couldn't get air conditioning to work. Liked water in the fridge. Hotel so close to everything.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Even though some staff was very nice and helpful (restaurant, cleaning) others were not so much (one man at the front desk). However overall all our request were met but some after some discussions and convincing. The room (walls and furniture) are simple and wearn off so some internal refurbishment is needed (walls painted, new deco) for a very comfortable stay. Even though the hotel room was fairly well cleaned our bath could have been cleaner at the arrival. Our heating system seemed not to be working. It was rather cold in the room even when we put the temperature at higher levels.

Location of the hotel is good. The sheets and bed were clean and comfy. Lovely baby cod was provided. Breakfast was a good value for money- it was tasty and with plenty of choice.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Bigger safe. Too small for large tablet

Great hotel and staff. Rooms better than I have experienced in other European cities. Breakfast good. Would definitely use again

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Hard to find anything we didn't like; would suggest providing kleenex and a bigger waste basket.

Extremely convenient location, bed was very comfortable, breakfast selection was great, reservation and check-in process easy.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room could be a lot better (the decoration, the walls ) and some of the furniture were broken. We didn't informed about the renovation that took place on our stay .

Location was very good and very close to the metro station. The staff was helpful and kind. Also the hotel and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Personnel was supernosy and not friendly either. I was living in the room alone, my friend was walking with me upstairs just to say good night and he was forced to show his passport and reprimanded tha it illegal to stay in the hotels without reservations, even though he said he oes up for 5 min. Also, they didnt want to keep my luggage for half a day after checkout for free, forced me to use a paid locker.

The location is great and the quality-price was indeed very good.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

They stole money from my wallet. The hole 3 days I kept my wallet in the room, in my baggage, I thought that nothing will happen and I didn't want to use the seif box. Big mistake because I only realized that money were missing from my wallet only when I was at the airport. Nowadays it looks like even the hotel rooms are not safe..

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room didn't have a kettle for tea and not that many outlets to plug electronics, but it's manageable. A couple of nights some of guests arrived very late in the night and were very loud, slammings doors, or listening to loud music for about 1/2 hour, typical sometimes in Spain.

It wasn't complicated to arrive at the hotel. The staff were very helpful when needed. It was close to sites, restaurants, and most everything. Metro, bus, and tour busses are close by. A nice, clean place to stay, I would go back. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

To start the airconditioning was not working, far too hot!! I had to open the window, which had no effect. The tv had no reception (not worried about that). The biggest issues were the cleaners/builders vacumming and carrying out building work outside my door starting at 07:00 on Sunday morning. Angle grinders and chisels were being used!! Why was I not provided with a room away from the builders? Very disappointing...as a paying guest I was not considered! There is no excuse. I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you need to sleep.

The bathroom room was the only redeeming feature.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Whilst no bar in hotel there is a very good bar directly across the road which was full for two of the three nights we we there. They also brew their own beer which is good! Hotel breakfast also good.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Staff did not even bothered to ask where I am from and assumed I am from Russia (I am not) When I arrived staffed was not very pleasant, I just filled papers and that's it. No tips or any addiitonal help

Place is really great, city center is near and few great bars are also near.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The beds were extremley hard, the rooms didnt have cold. Air conditioning and where the window was situated there was no fresh air supply. The noise of the cleaners was very unplesant at one point i was worried she was coming through the wall. Also the bathroom next door was so close to our room we could hear every toilet flush and shower going. The shower wasnt powerful and lacked good temperature control. But the room being 27degrees plus the cold shower came in handy.

The hotel was clean and lovely decor.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Minor issue but breakfast area is uninviting and claustrophobic. We went out for breakfasts.

Very good little hotel with friendly, helpful staff, situated on a quiet street on the edge of the tourist area but within easy walking distance of the old town and its attractions. No bar or restaurant but not a problem as there are eateries all around and directly opposite is the Barcelona Beer Company craft beer bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a little warm for us, as having come from England at barely 5 deg C, it was like a summer's day in Barcelona for us.

The hotel was very well located and the facilities were as advertised. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The hotel rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom similarly. The room was to the side of the hotel and we did not have any street noise. This meant we could cool the room down without suffering traffic noise. The hotel was good value for money, we would return.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The receptionist was very rude. I didn't want my pasport copied. I gave him my passport to look at it and than he scanned it very quickly without telling me.

Hotel near Ramblas and Metro station.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Room light was a little dark. Especially bathroom I prefer bright light.

Good location. Good breakfast. Spacious room. plenty of hot water in the bath.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms had only one socket they hardly had any one to clean the rooms every day the staff were helpful but the rooms had broken future and wall paper .

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The first room we were given was dark and depressing; not enough natural light at the back of the building and not enough illumination in the room. We were moved to a better room after the first night, which had a horrible smell of drains and we had to open the window and keep the bathroom extractor fan on all night. One male staff member was very helpful, the others were not welcoming, friendly or helpful. I would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Service, facilities, style. I reserved this hotel for a guest as it is close to my business. The price for October in Barcelona was not cheap: 140€ per night for three nights. I was surprised to find the receptionist smoking outside the door and that the ground floor reception is nothing more than that: a desk. Later my guest who has a male friend in Barcelona was not allowed to have his friend visit him in the room (anyway the reservation was for two people) and as there's no reception his friend would have had to wait in the street. My guest argued with reception who finally let him in. I have never had a hotel receptionist make this kind of question or fuss. Is it because they were Pakistanis or did they think they were gay? Either way appalling behaviour. The internet connection worked but only for browsing not for sending emails from a non-web browser. I was really embarrassed for the treatment of my guest. I thought I had booked a reasonable hotel for the price but it was no better than the many "hostals" at a much lower price. Add in unfriendly staff and poor facilities... Very poor value for money.

Ubicación

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Receptionist although efficient was very unfriendly. This was on check in, the guy on check out was completely different and gave me some good advice about Barcelona. We all have bad days I guess.

Large comfortable room and excellent location to explore Barcelona

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Our room looked out onto a courtyard surrounded by buildings and was therefore quite dark, even with the lights on. It would have been useful if there had been at least one bright light in the room (apart from the one in the bathroom).

Our room was huge, with good storage space, plenty of electrical sockets to enable charging phones etc and very clean. Every member of staff we came across was friendly, polite and helpful. On arrival, we asked for a kettle and it was in our room in a flash. The breakfast room was bright and cheerful and there was a sufficient choice of both hot and cold food.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Small rooms and beds are not that comfortable.

Not a 4 star by American standards but the hotel is in a good location and it's clean and comfortable.

Browse Acta Splendid traveller photo gallery