Reviews of Sumus Hotel Stella & Spa 4*Superior 4 stars

Puntaires,1, 08397 Pineda de Mar, Spain

#4 of 17 hotels in Pineda de Mar

good hotel, very turistic but fine, clean and with very nice...
    • Double Room with City View and Spa Access

good hotel, very turistic but fine, clean and with very nice rooms. staff is very kind, breakfast medium quality but well served especially if you consider this is planned for a large number of visitors, wifi so and so, bit slow but acceptable.

Lovely hotel with 2 main flaws, location and lack of parking.
    • Double Room with City View and Spa Access

On site parking limited which meant searching for a parking space each time you went out, which we did daily as we found Pineda del Mar most uninspiring. No beach restaurants due to railway line in front of beach so we had to go to Blanes & other nearby towns.

Comfortable room overlooking pool with fridge. Very clean and well maintained. Staff excellent and the spa option was a bargain, weather was not great so used it every afternoon.

Food was great, lots of variety, very pleasantly surprised.
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The pool was ICE cold, including the (small) kids pool, they should really put in a heater, it was far too cold. Lots of the sunbeds were old and malfunctioning, but maybe they will replace them as the complete the refurbishment of the hotel. They turned off the A/C in the rooms because some people had been complaining that they were cold the first night we were there - but the next day it was 25-27 degrees outside. We asked if they could fix it but it had been turned off because of low season - and still no heater in the pool :)

Food was great, lots of variety, very pleasantly surprised. Staff was very friendly and helpful, we didn't have a fridge in the room but were allowed to keep some things for our baby in the reception fridge. We were there the first week of low season and found parking in the street for free. There were lots of cars there though, so don't know how easy it will be in high season. We went to bed early so didn't see any of the shows - and weren't bothered by them either :) The town didn't seem to have a lot to offer, a pretty standard touristy market on Friday, but lots of other great towns to visit nearby if you have a car.

Like the hotel and the staff were extremely efficient and very helpful and pleasant always a smile.
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not like the fact that the air conditioning was turned off when the outside temperature was in excess of 25 degrees C. we had one night bad experience. TOO HOT.

We only took breakfast and the selection was very good especially as there were many nationalities to cater for. All the food was well cooked the only criticism was that the toaster was very slow.

No Tea making facilities in room, until I asked and was...
    • Standard Single Room

No Tea making facilities in room, until I asked and was charged for it Wrong / missing information on checkin - it was late at night Swimming pool not open until 9am

Very nice hotel with amazing staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

The a/c was not getting cold, and the bed is not super comfortable, bu t other than that we enjoyed our stay 100%.

The hotel staff were who made a difference for us during our trip. They were very polite, helpfull, kind and caring. Thank you all for an amazing time at your hotel. My mother and I enjoyed it a lot and we would like to return here someday! Thank you Cynthia, Aurora, Pabla and all the staff members from the restaurant as well as the reception!

Lovely short break.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a huge issue but lack of English speaking channel on TV (for free at least)

Very good hotel with clean comfortable room and good food choice at mealtime. Excellent WiFi in room. Close to train station and good value for money.

Lovely hotel but rooms without a fully separate bathroom best for 2 not 4!

We booked a family room and were expecting 2 double beds(or 4 singles). We were allocated a room with a sofa bed and the room was on the small side for 4 people. Pools were very cold even after a hot August.

Hotel was very nice. The food was good and varied. It was clean and the staff friendly. Very quick walk to the beach.

Great value for good price
    • Premium Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Maybe the pool could be a bit cleaner and jacuzzi only worked on 1 side

Everything was on a very high level. The food - amazing - everyday we had some different meals. Near to the beach and to the station. In front of hotel there was a shop with everything :)

Lovely hotel but shame about last day
    • Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We were half board & missed the first day due to our flight not arriving until 1am into the next day so due to this I asked could we possibly have a lunch on the last day before our flight at 6pm (or if kids could at least have lunch) but we were refused even though upon arrival we were told they were very flexible with meals & swapping. I felt they could have been kinder seeing as we missed our first meal on first night. They said we'd need to pay €12 each if we wanted lunch which we didn't do!

We had a really good holiday & kids loved the pool, we would recommend this hotel. The food is fresh & theres a lot of variety.

Worst bed I have ever encountered
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was underwhelming and not very helpful. The bed was the worst that I have ever slept on in my life (resulting in missed sleep and back pain for both myself and my partner). When we asked for a kettle for instant coffee which we bought since the coffee at the breakfasts we purchase was so terrible we were told that there is a 10 euros fee for a Kettle (would cost close to that for us to purchase one). The pool had no shade and the indoor one was an extra fee. Therefore no sun safety for you or your child.

Agreable stay thanks to the location next to the beach and thanks to the staff except the reception.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

The reception staff clearly show that they don't care about the hotel customers. No help at all from the hotel (reception staff again) to book a taxi or whatever. Small room, no place nowhere to put the empty luggage. Ridiculously small swimming pool!

The restaurant was very good, the staff in general (restaurant, bar and room service) is very nice.

Poor value for money, wanting to charge for everything
    • Double or Twin Room

We had the breakfast and dinner included, but it's a tricky one, because the juice it's not included in the breakfast (2.50€) and e.g. A coke for dinner (2.50€), water (1.70€). Wifi for one day (3€). They want to charge for absolutely everything!!! A 3 star hotel in a village with this price (which now I consider absolutely expensive) loses his reputation with those things. I wouldn't recommend it, for sure.

Swimming pool area and sunbeds

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

I'm sure you'll be fine.
    • Double or Twin Room

room cleaning is not perfect the door to the balcony open is very tight the uncomfortable staircase in the hotel

Good food and kitchen - for all tastes Quiet and comfortable rooms The location is convenient - 5 minutes to beach and station The hotel is very attractive

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Not happy , unfortunately .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Had superior room, which was very poor - small and very tired . The bathroom is good size but very antique. Sound proofing - none , can hear everything from outside , worth if room in front of pools. The main issue which we experienced was when bunch of people was screaming outside on a terrace around midnight on Monday , I asked the reception to deal with it . The staff couldn't do anything , so I had to argue with them myself to calm them down . Basically it ruined my stay completely as next morning at 6 am we had to drive back to uk without proper sleep. Anyway this is an experience, no more 3 stars.

Great location, good food. The kids club was very good .

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Pineda de mar
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

Would be nice to have sound prof Windows. But wouldn't stop me from returning

Very clean and lovely staff. Me and my daughter enjoyed the week we had and will be booking again for next year.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Wonderful Experience at Sumus
    • Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I suggested that, at least drinking water should be included in their Lunch and Dinner, then guests can buy other drinks as required.

All the hotel staff are very friendly, helpful and always with a smile. Very clean environment. My twins had their birthday celebration there, it was an unforgettable experience. Thanks a lot to all the staff, especially LINDA.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Great food
    • Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The "cuádruple" room is extremely small and the furniture, appliances, etc are probably from 80's. Only the TV was new. The WI-Fi is barely usable as it takes 1-2 hours to send a simple photo.

The food was great and the staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Exceptional family hotel in family resort
    • Family Room with Balcony (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Can't fault the hotel. Location is so handy for beach, shops, restaurants & train. Third visit here and we managed to get one of the 5 family rooms which are to the back of the building and literally gets no direct sun - could be a fault for some! Room was always cool & even in 27 degrees heat we rarely needed to use air conditioning. If I had to point out one fault it would be the breakfast juice from a machine which really is undrinkably sweet 😆. The food however is delicious and the staff are extremely efficient at keeping the dining room clean and tidy at all times.

Family room was a great size & the terrace was like an extra room too - extremely comfortable and all the facilities we needed. Hotel food is fantastic too. Staff can't do enough for you.

Couldn't wish for a nicer hotel
    • Double Room with City View

This was out 5th visit to this hotel The standards are consistently high in all aspects Already looking forward to our next visit

Todo en general,personal estupendo, comida excepcional,

Todo en general,personal estupendo, comida excepcional,

Could not fault anything so 10/10 and I am considered a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Could not fault anything so 10/10 and I am considered a hard marker!

Everything was excellent
    • Premium Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everything was excellent Can't fault a thing for what I paid

Newly renovated room
    • Premium Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The sauna/inside swimming pool only for 15+

Newly renovated room

• Double or Twin Room

Location. Good value for money.

Multilingual staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Thin walls between rooms.

Multilingual staff

relaxing
    • Family Room with Balcony (2 Adults + 2 Children)

subtle music around the pool and area, better night time entertainment

The bar staff were excellent

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Er was veel variatie
    • Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Er was veel variatie

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

nice people and nice service
    • Standard Single Room

every thing is verry good

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

We were travelling with our bikes, told them in advance, and...
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Spa Access

We were travelling with our bikes, told them in advance, and they booked us an exceptionally large room to accomodate this.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very good hotel
    • Quadruple Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very clear hotel and frendly staff.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

No worth of visit
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Too small city and pool area too small for the number of people. Gym 2e for very basic area.

Food was ok.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Restaurant was good

Loud music at the bar till 11.45 pm (stopped only after few complaints from us and other guests), originally was promised to stop at 11.00 pm. Drunk guys shouting at the bar also till late at night.

Restaurant was good

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff.

My only criticism would be the comfort of the bed pillows. I found them to be too hard and there was no alternative available. But, having said that, I rarely find comfortable ones in hotels as I am fussy about my pillow 😏

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent selection available for breakfast (we didn't have evening meals as like to try local restaurants). The hotel is just a 5 min walk away from the beach and railway station but being a couple of streets back made for a quiet and peaceful location. Would love to go back again.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

I spent May holidays with beach volleyball camp while...

1. It makes sense to include basic drinks (water, tea etc) into the dinner (in the full board option). 2. There was no sound isolation, but I understand that this is a proper requirement for 4* and 5* hotels.

I spent May holidays with beach volleyball camp while staying in "Sumus Hotel Stella & Spa*** ". The hotel totally met my expectations: very delicious breakfast and dinner, hospitable and welcoming staff on the reception, clean room service, good location.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

Maybe little older hotel, but very well.

Maybe little older hotel, but very well. Food was perfect, lot of choice for breakfast and dinner. The staff very helpful, every was OK. I think, we will come again.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

Mercedes was an excellent at reception.

Other noisy guests who let doors bang & knocking on friends/ relatives doors regardless of the time, especially at night.

Mercedes was an excellent at reception. Always helpful & arranged our dogs vet appointment with an English speaking vet. Best service ever, she is a credit to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

I liked the ,,privileged room’’ that I received after I was...

Standard rooms are outdated, as in 1980, the walls are very thin so you can hear everything from neighbour rooms. The staff is not helpful and efficient in solving problems: so when we announced that ,,something'' chewed my pair of leather shoes on the terrace, the manager told me that I got the ,,privileged room ‘’so he can't pay me the damages done by mice.

I liked the ,,privileged room’’ that I received after I was disappointed by the standard room of the hotel . The hotel is located near the beach, the train station and the food is excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

Firstly, the hotel is well located - close to the train...

Despite great cuisine we would recommend the restaurant chef to add less salt to soups, they are too salty. If someone likes them like that he or she can easily add salt him/herself.

Firstly, the hotel is well located - close to the train station, seaside and touristic area with shops and cafes. Secondly, the staff including cleaners and restaurant personnel is good. There are a few managers at front desk speaking Russian - Kate and Rafael - they are always happy to give advice and solve your problems. It was a great advantage for our parents who don't speak foreign languages. Thirdly, the food is amazing. Everybody can find something up to his or her taste. Order full board and relax - you won't regret that! Fourthly, Wi-Fi is good. We were lucky because just before our arrival a new system was installed that made Wi-Fi more efficient than it used to be (my wife stayed in this hotel a few years ago). It's cool that Wi-Fi was free of charge. Fifthly, animation services are quite good and people can have a great time in the bar in the evening.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

The staff - thank you!

The staff - thank you! This is the second time I chose the hotel. Love the city and the beach there. Plenty of food (we had breakfasts and suppers), the food is good (a cold supper they give if you order it in advance when you are going to be late at night - is poor though). But in general I like the hotel. It's nothing special but clean and welcoming!

• Reviewed: 3 July 2015

The pool area and the mini-club room (play room for...

The room was too small to accomodate us comfortably - we were travelling with our toddler who slept in a crib. With all our luggage and the crib there was very little space left for us in the room.

The pool area and the mini-club room (play room for children) were nice.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

My husband & I went for a short break & we had a...

My husband & I went for a short break & we had a wonderful time. The hotel was perfect distance from the beach & bars & the hotel rooms were lovely, everything was very clean. We would defaintly go back again.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Everything was really good: very clean hotel very very kind...

We were a little disappointed about the WIFI: it is for free only in the Bar area and it is very slow...

Everything was really good: very clean hotel very very kind staff and good food!!!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2016

buffet excellent

buffet excellent

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Good staff, food, pool.

Wifi only available in the bar.

Good staff, food, pool.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Element hotel and food !

Element hotel and food ! 2 min walk to the beach and train station Very recommended

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Fantastic Hotel will definitely be back soon 🤗

Fantastic Hotel will definitely be back soon 🤗

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

Nice staff, Good breakfast and clean rooms.

Nice staff, Good breakfast and clean rooms. Walking distance to the beach

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

very clean and staff helpful

Air con very poor and our room was above a very noisy bar

very clean and staff helpful

• Reviewed: 5 October 2015

Good food

Good food

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

Friendly staff Good location

Friendly staff Good location Very clean hotel

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Friendly and helpful staff .

Friendly and helpful staff ...

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Very friendly staff

Rooms a bit hot and wifi only seemed to work in reception

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

The buffet

You have to pay for the wifi

The buffet

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Great variety on offer at breakfast and dinner beautifully...

Great variety on offer at breakfast and dinner beautifully kept pool area and gardens

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

Noise from other room

Noise from other room No AC till june 15

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.