Reviews of THB El Cid - Adults Only 4 stars

Vaixell 2, 07610 Can Pastilla, Spain

#9 of 25 hotels in Can Pastilla

• Superior Twin Room

It was very cold at night whilst we were there. You could not convert the air con to heating . A bit dated , in a time warp a bit like a lot of the clientele .

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast was very good, lot of choices! Also I liked the private parking and airport is very near, early in the morning is very easy and fast to drive.

• Superior Twin Room

1.) Even room was no smoking,there was coming smell of cigarettes smook from air conditioning and each balcony was smooker,so we were like in trap,because we couldn't open window and couldn't open air condition. Very uncomfortable situation. 2.) I ordered reservation personally for early breakfast ,because of our early flight and when we came there at 4.30 am. They told us that thereis no reservation and we were force to leave hungry.

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Maybe more fresh simple fish options for health conscious guests. Evening entertainment could be a little better.

Very comfy beds, great view, fabulous location, clean beaches, close to airport and city, good location for walking, cycling, bus routes. Lovely pools and poolside area with comfy loungers. Great snack bar. Bright airy restaurant with outside eating area. Lovely choice of food at both breakfast and dinner.

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast never changed in a week boring. food under lights was luke warm nobody checked temperature so never ate .fish and varied salads could be another option from cheese and hams. Breakfasts in JS Palma and Java hotels much more varied and monitored

Beds good. Large balconies. Pools excellent.gym good.

• Superior Twin Room

The staff at the reception out of 5 persons met. Only one afternoon lady whom we can call a receptionist. They are very rigide and agressive. The price is also so expensive as the hotel is located in a very windy area (wind surfers are practicing at the beach in front of the hotel).

The hotel is front line with direct access to the beach

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Poor standard of the fried bacon, sausage and scrambled egg, rest of breakfast menu very good. Bit mean that tea coffee and milk in bedroom are only on arrival, had to go out and buy our own thereafter.

Friendly, helpful hard working staff.

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Staff on reception on arrival wasn’t very welcoming but all staff going forward were so not a major issue. Some staff didn’t speak English wish was a little difficult but plenty did.

Staff were by and large very friendly. Room was clean. Shower was lovely. View was fabulous. Food was lovely, my friend was vegan and she felt she had a good amount of choIce. Sea view was lovely

Airport transferes, not booked by hotel.

Yes the beds where very comfortable, overall the holiday was very good no complaints and good value for money. Only moan was the taxi from airport to hotel and return which doubled in price when questioned operator said it was due to the suppliments i.e. my travel bag was in the boot and due to short distance there was a surcharge to pay. ? Not happy about being ripped off.

The safe in the room was too small for a laptop. Some of the furniture in the hotel was dated/not my style but still in a perfect condition. The indoor pool is really small and more for a dip than a swim.

Great hotel in a superb location. 5 mins drive from airport (also super easy bus journey). Beautiful pools (I liked the pool at the back of the hotel, quieter and stunning). One of the few hotels in the area to have their outdoor pool open in March (though was pretty freezing!) Tasty food and good for veggies and pescatarians like me (one of the better hotel buffet restaurants I’ve been to). Bedrooms were clean and bathrooms really modern. One of few local hotels to have tea and coffee in the room. Great location near shops and restaurants and on the beach. Staff were superb and so helpful. Great for cyclists as well as group and solo holiday makers.

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel had shampoo, but not conditioner. Neighbors tv was loud at night and we could hear it pretty clearly, there’s an extra fee for the security box, gym was a bit small, and no idea where the Turkish baths ended up being

Hotel is so nice, pools are lovely, great location right on the beach, GREAT value for money, cocktails were nice, huge assortment for a buffet breakfast

Reception staff were ok but not particularly friendly or efficient. Some were helpful tho. A bit of a mixed experience.

Great location right on the beach easy access from the airport ( bus 21).Nice big clean rooms I especially appreciated duvets instead of blankets on bed. Plenty of choice to choose from in restaurant. Excellent wi-fi.

Carpet has seen better days. Personally myself I don't think there should ever be an adults only hotel. My secretary booked this for me.if I had known I would of refused based on that fact. If adults don't want to be in the same hotel as children,then maybe the world is better off without them.

First of all I didn't like the facilities of the hotel. The indoor pool was very simple and small and the water was not so warm. Furthermore, the pool was not clean because around there were many ants. So, it was impossible to rest in the indoor pool area. The outdoor pool was out of service. About the staff, its behaviour was unacceptable, not friendly and very rude. I booked the choice breakfast and dinner and the last day, when I did check out early morning because I booked a day trip from the hotel, I kindly asked the receptionist if I can have a dinner for free because, I didn't have breakfast in the morning due to the day trip and she answered me with pleasant: ''Of course, there is no problem''. However, when I returned to the hotel in the evening in order to get my luggage and to have dinner, I received a bill of 14 euro from the head of the hotel's restaurant because I had dinner in the hotel and it's not included as I had already make check out. I was very angry and I asked explanations why the receptionist in the morning she arranged a free dinner for me and after dinner, they asked me to pay 14 euro! Of course I didn't receive any explanation from the administration and I finally paid the amount of 14 euro. In general, the quality of buffet (breakfast, dinner) is very poor and they use the same food from previous days. Moreover, I observe that you must pay for drinks in the dinner (are not included in the price) and if you don't order, the staff doesn't gives any attention to you, in oppose with costumers who have ordered drinks. Very bad experience for me and I would not recommend you to stay there. There are dozens of hotels in the area in the same category, price, better facilities and quality of food.

My room was modern, comfortable and clean. Moreover, there was a balcony with pool view and sea view. The location is very good, very convenient transport to the city centre of Palma and to the airport by public bus, the bus stop is few steps from the hotel. Furthermore, the hotel is in front of the beach and it is surrounding by many restaurants and small supermarkets.

The bathroom was not completely clean when I arrived. And also the floor felt a bit sandy. The private sauna is great, but not if people don't realize they have to reserve it. There is no sign or anything. Someone was in there the first time I wanted to use it and the receptionist told me to just get that man out myself. In the end she did help out though. This spot on Mallorca is apparently frequented a lot by Germans. So much so that everyone speaks german everywhere, signs of restaurants are in german (menus are also provided in english and spanish). Sometimes it felt like I was actually in Germany, whereas I prefer to feel like I am in Spain if that's where I am.

The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport and right at the beach, so you hop of the airplane and are onto the beach in no time. And otherwise you can just lie near the pool with view on the beach. Strolling down the beach or on the boulevard is also lovely. The sunsets are amazing! I had breakfast and dinner included and had enough choice even though they do not really focus on vegetarians. For meat and fish eaters there is more than plenty. And the desserts.. They even have there own Icebar where you can create your own icecream. The private sauna was great on the colder nights (I was there at the end of october). Be sure to reserve a day ahead!

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Although the stay was excellent, just an advice would be to allow drinks from the hotel bar to restaurant, because the restaurant only has wines and not all customers like wine but may want beer or something else. Other guests mentioned this too. Although the waiter helped me, but if we could allow it, many customers would be happier.

This is a very beautiful hotel just on the beach. Very beautiful views from the pool area and balcony. All pools (indoor heated and outdoor) are very clean and maintained. The sauna and steam was nice too. The staff is very friendly and helpful, specially the waiter Antonio, very pleasant and great service in the restaurant. Will come back again :)

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

I have nothing bad to say about he rooms, but sauna. While I liked the sauna, the fact that you need to book it at the reception is a bit annoying. The changing rooms are awful and the whole "going to sauna" experience is pretty awful. But the sauna itself is great.

Normally I stay at 5-star hotels. This time I had a plane to catch at 6AM and didn't want to pay premium for a few hours of sleep. However this hotel surprised me. At the checkout I've got an upgrade to a suite. The suite has 2-rooms and 3 balconies. Great view, great location. I wished I had a full day to spent there. They have 3 swimming pools and 1 min walk to the sea. Oh, and they have a huge dinner buffet. Overall I think the hotel has a super great value for a 1-2 days stay.

The bed was a little stiff for my liking.

Relaxed friendly atmosphere in a glorious hotel. Dining and food choice was superb. Perfect location opposite the beach, close to shops, bars and restaurants. Loved it!

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Nothing to complain about.

Fabulous location, great staff and very good room. We have been before and not been disappointed. So relaxing - and a very easy holiday.

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

We liked everything about this hotel, and particularly, how friendly and attentive staff was! We booked a double room for a family of three people, but realized upon our check-in that the room was rather small. When we expressed our disappointment at the reception, they upgraded us to a junior suite free of charge...It was so nice of them! The hotel is exceptionally clean, spotless; every room has a sea view and a balcony. Lots of space around the two outside pools, it did not feel crowded at all, although the hotel was fully booked. Excellent location: a few steps away from a beautiful sandy beach and many good restaurants and shops around. Breakfast was great at the hotel, with lots of choices! Very good lunch and dinner buffets as well, for a very reasonable price. We really enjoyed our stay and we’ll come back again!

blanket has strange smell, it was unpleasant.. facilities are little bit old.

good location, convinent transportation, brakfast has various kinds of foods.

Reception staff very rude, they could not see in their system i added an extra room for another couple. At that point they became very aggresive and arrogant eventhough i was showing them the confirmation mail from Booking for 2 rooms. They were speaking in Spanish to eachother making me look like a liar. I happen to speak Spanish as well, so i could understand every word. Not a thing to do and say in front of the customer. Not to mention that i had had already confirmed with the hotel prior to the travel if 2 rooms were correctly booked and how i could proceed with the payment. They of course replied that everything was fine. When i told this to the reception they were still claiming i was a liar and that i asked if the booking was ok, not 2 rooms, even if they DID NOT have my mail in front of their eyes. At the end they found the booking confirmation for 2 rooms. It was still me apologizing for the trouble and asking what i did wrong to avoid in the future. Nothing i did wrong... but i had to deal with their arrogance acting like they were offering me the rooms for free. Will never go back or recommend. No ventilation in the bath, a lot of dust in the room, in the bed and sheets especially, no cover for the blankets, bad pillows and bed. Food had a pretty poor quality.

Location close to the beach

Some services are with charge (safe box, beach towels) or missing (slippers, bathrobe, mini bar, free bottle of water, iron&board). All these can rise hotel rate. They should pay more attention in restaurant with dish cleaning and fruit quality. Due to airport and main road proximity in some moments is too much noise on both sides of hotel beach&garden.

Very well situated: close to airport, close to Palma, close to one of the best beaches on the island. They have two nice pools: one is sea view and one is in the garden with a very nice barr service. Double rooms are big, great terrace, most rooms have sea view/part sea view. Close to hotel you can find anything you need: small markets, restaurants, shops, bars, etc. They offer me a nice present for my birthday cava and 10min massage. Good note for Management because is receptive to feedback.

Put in a room next to a group of loud group of party goers. Requested a quiet room. Gym advertised as state of art, but absolutely rubbish. Machines did not work.

• Superior Twin Room

Everything, from the superior room, comfortable beds, good Wifi, English TV channels, friendly staff (girl on the grill deserves particular mention), immaculately clean hotel, excellent food, peaceful pools with comfortable sunbeds, great location, sunny afternoon balcony, 5 minutes to airport, 10 minute bus to Palma.

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

The gentlemen at the reception desk that checked us in was not as nice as the rest of the staff. He provided little to none information about the hotel and its services. We were not told that we could have hotel towels for the swimming pool, and had we not asked about the "cold dinner", offered when you arrive after the restaurant is closed, we wouldn't have known that they offer you sandwiches, fruit and water if your meal plan includes dinner. Only on the last day did we discover that there is another swimming pool in the back of the hotel, a tennis court and an indoor swimming pool. The price is a bit high, but that seemed to be the norm in the area. We wish we were told upon booking the accommodation including dinner, that the drinks are not included at dinner. Check out is at 11:30 am and not 12:00 as stated in booking.com. This may not be a bad thing for others, but breakfast only starts at 8:00 am in the morning and dinner ends quite early at 9:30 pm.

Location! Location! Location! We stayed in a renovated room, on the 4th floor with a great ocean view. We loved the room and the balcony, it was clean modern and had everything we needed. The ladies at the front desk with whom we checked out with were very friendly. Our flight was at 9pm so we were given access another room until 5 pm, it was a bit old and stuffy but it did the job! And if you arrive late in the night and your meal plan includes dinner you will have some sandwiches ready for you in the restaurant! The food is good and there are quite a few options available. We would probably return to this hotel.

The quality of the food served for breakfast iand dinner is very low, the food was tasteless due to inferior quality of the ingredients. The room cleaning should be improved. The carpets on the corridors were covered with dust.The furnitures seem to old fashioned that I felt like that I am visiting my granmother's house.

They have 2 outdoor swimming pools and they are well maintained, its location is very close to beach and Aquarium, there buses passing nearby,it is an adult only hotel that saves you from crying babies'noise, there are plenty of restauarants in the neigborhood.

The only thing i didnt like was that there is no option for a double bed in standard room. For couples it not so nice to sleep on two single beds pushed together

The staff was sooo friendly and nice,especially Sofia at the reception who has made our honeymoon great by upgrading our room and by giving us a lovely bottle of champange with fruits and a voucher for a 10 mins massage. The room was spacious and very comfy. Food was delicious and plenty. I loved the whole time we spent in the hotel.

When we arrived at 12.30am, the Hotel was all quiet except the night reception man. he had no trace of our booking so despite having advised them that we were arriving on a late flight at would be arriving around midnight we had to stand around whilst they looked everywhere to find our booking. Despite us having full confirmation, booking numbers etc he didn't seem to believe we had a booking! Half an hour later when I threatened to phone booking.com he eventually gave us some keys for a room. We went to the room, there was no water at all so my husband went back down to reception to ask where he could get some water and was directed to a coin machine, which didn't work! he was then told to go outside and get some! Breakfast was basic. All in all we booked a night to break our journey when in fact we would have been better just to carry on our journey.

We arrived late at night so did not use any facilities.

booked a triple room, this should be taken into account, only 2 water glasses, two chairs on balcony etc. In fairness did not ask for the missing items and had we they would have been provided

• Twin Room with Sea View

This is not a 4* hotel. Several times in the week we had bath and hand towels with holes I could put my finger through. Supposed to be child free. There were 2 children in the pool and when I went to reception they were checking in a family with a 10 year old. Breakfast cereals were cheap and unpleasant. Receptionists were efficient but not always helpful

7 minutes in a taxi from airport. On prom and close to shops bars and restaurants. Restaurant staff were cheerful and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Upon check in, I asked if our room would have a view overlooking the sea. The staff assured me it would. Instead our room overlooked the front of the building with a prime view of a souvenir shop and the balconies facing us and no water to be seen. The wake-up call we had requested was never received which could have had resulted in us missing our flight. We had been asked if we wanted a cold breakfast of meat, cheese and pastries delivered to our room and at what time. When it didn't arrive at the appointed time, we phoned to the front desk only to be told that the hotel had no room service facilities but we could go to the restaurant to pick up food. The food laid out was several trays of pastries with no fruit, meat or cheese. We were disappointed with our experience.

The property was well situated near the beach, it was convenient to have the buffet dinner at a reasonable price.

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Location: The hotel is in a great location, just beside the sandy beach and very near to the airport. It takes 6 minutes with taxi ~15 Euro total, it is better than waiting for the bus (Ticket from the airport: 5 Euro per person). Also, a bus station very near to the hotel <100m. The bus station is named as Hotel El Cid (Bus number 25 and 15). From there you can go to the Palma city easily (1 Euro every ride). Therefore you can enjoy your stay in the hotel till 2 hours before your flight departure! Foods: There are plenty of choices for you in the breakfast or in the dinner. The restaurant is nicely decorated and you can enjoy the sea view while dining! Food quality are excellent, cooking is excellent! Facilities: Although we did not use all the facilities in the hotel, but there are indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness centers, Auto-massaging chairs, etc. We found that they are well mainained. Entertainments: the hotel arranges musical events and we enjoyed the spanish dancing event. The performers are very professional at their best and the event was enjoyable. Staffs: Hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. They are serious about their responsibilities. Room: The hotel authority gave us the biggest surprise! They allocated a suite for us (Room: 404). It was a huge experience for us indeed. It is a suite with 3 balconies with sea views, 2 rooms, very comfortable and large bed, etc. etc.. We watched tv while parallely enjoyig the sea view and fresh air from the sea. Sometime we drink tea in the balcony watching the sea or watching the flights arriving in the airport (airport is directly visible from the room, but no noise). The rooms are very nicely decorated and well-maintained. Hotel: The hotel El-Cid surpasses all our holiday experiences so far. We have plenty of experiences with other 4 star and 5 star chains, but El Cid has surpassed them all.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Service at reception was a little slow - though the staff make up for this in politeness. The hotel is rated 4star, but not quite up to 4star UK standard... little things make the difference. Eg my first day the coffee/tea had no milk; when my room was cleaned there was still sand on the floor; towels for the pool have to be paid for by deposit and then refunded when you return them (not a problem per se, but often a 5-10mins wait at reception to do this each time, plus not all staff know how to use the computer system to book towels back in etc); Then "gym" there is actually really limited and not really a facility (a single cycle machine, one step machine and one running machine (with a loose belt that i did not trust!!) a couple of dunbells and one weight machine). Pools are lovely though. Finally, when i got there I discovered booking.com had charged me the two-person rate. If you book through the hotel directly they charge per person and not per room (making it excellent value).I would consider staying here again but i would book directly next time NOT through booking.com

Staff friendly / polite - esp. Bar and restaurant staff. Location is good - just across road from beach (and Can Pastilla is a nice / chilled out resort close to Palma, with plenty of cafes/bars/restaurants dotted along the sea front)

Please offer a coupon for a free cocktail at the bar, and have someone at the desk give just a quick layout of the amenities.

Prefect weather, location and people.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

No privacy in balcony as privacy screens very low. Very slow checkin and ceckout. Reception staff can not access late reservations, a bit unprofessional.

Comfy bed and nice view from balcony.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

The situation is ideal, beautiful promenade, ideal for walking. Being on the edge of C'an Pastilla and Playa de Palma it has the best of both, old and new. The public transport into nearby Palma is superb. I first stayed at the El Cid in the 70's and after many years decided to pay it another visit, certainly wasn't dissapointed! Would have liked to have stayed longer!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

swimming pools were cold

Convenient position for visiting Palma where you can get buses to other parts of the island. Situated right on the sea front with a lovely beach Stayed half board buffet had plenty of selection.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

The facilities are a little dated and look tired. They are in need of an overhaul, not just a bit of fresh paint.

The location is great and so is the staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful without trying too hard.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The receptionist at check in made us pay the city tax and accommodation money separately so that meant 2 credit card transactions fees.

Our room had recently been renovated and it was lovely... Very comfortable bed, amazing shower and huge flat screen TV. Think we got given the suite instead of a standard room?

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great location, lovely and clean, food was great, very helpful friendly staff, Excellent views from balcolny, Very comfy beds, A Great place to stay I will be recommending to friends and family.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Twin Room with Sea View

Air conditioning does not cool much

Super comfortable beds, tea makng facility in the room, beautiful view of the sea, great location, good selection for breakfast, room spotless clean

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

The reception staff the older woman was a pig! The deputy manager should be fired! The other reception staff shoiuted at me and spoke to me like a dog. The staff were dirty looking could not speak English and where filthy looking dirty untidy and all very ugly with No manners. I wrote to the hotel manager and he did not even have the decency to reply! I will be taking my complaint to head office! These gypsies should not be front of house. The restaurant staff were lovely as were the cleaners and barstaff so why are these animals front of house?

Everything apart from the zoo animals front of house except the young girl from Germany! Great hotel disgusting pig of a deputy manager and The afore mentioned mongrels

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

There was a very disturbing smell in my room (a chemical smell such as bedbug or insect repellant), the pillow cases were used, the quality of the ingredients of the food was poor, soundproofing was poor, water tubes were very nosiy that I could not sleep while my neighbors were having shower.

Reception staff

• Superior Twin Room

Great localization, kind staff, clean

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

staff is cold and unfriendly.

Great breakfast, great location, really good sea view rooms, clean, beach is right in front of the hotel.

• Superior Twin Room

Entertainment and bar area could be a little better

Mostly Everything

• Superior Twin Room

room was tidied but not cleaned properly (mop, polish) over the 4 nights / 5 days

staff, room and food was fantastic, great pool. beaut view.

• Superior Twin Room

Great location right across from the beach. Good choice at breakfast. Can't fault the service.

Bed bug bites!! Pls inform El CID. For info only ,not making any claim.

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was excellent. Very wide choice

Cleaning ladies entered the room twice before I checked out

Very good breakfast with sea view, great big shower, super friendly staff

Pool is realy small but beautiful beach is in front of the hotel.

Location and buffet dinner

Great location and sea view

• Twin Room with Sea View

the food could be better for price

the room although clean was outdated .

food was very good and the staff friendly

Noisy guests, but didn't need to notify reception.

Very good breakfast, plenty of choice. Room super clean. Staff very friendly.

Too many grandpa's

Really nice people . Wonderful place. I would recommend for everyone!

A direct access from the pool to the beach would be great

the room was very small for 3 beds

the beach being so close to the property

I liked everything

Location, staff, food,

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

No late check out available

The view from the balcony. The smiley lady cooking eggs every morning. The sun beds round the pool were so comfy.

Everything just amazing

Staff were very nice and helpful

Could do with more meats on the buffet. Most days were pork

Location and staff very nice

Nothing we didn't like

Location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, comfortable rooms

Wide choice. Nice seating.

The gym should be improved with a fit equipment

Breakfast was plenty. Beds comfy. Bathroom delightfull.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Staff at reception not very friendly.

Location and breakfast

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

Location of hotel to everything

• Superior Twin Room

They said price for the stay approx 288 when we went there they charged 313pounds. Its better to pay them in euro from here!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Superior Twin Room with Sea View

room was a bit of a let down for a 4 star.

near beach and central

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Entertainment was poor.

Room was good size with balcony overlooking beach. Breakfast was excellent with choice available.

Browse THB El Cid - Adults Only traveller photo gallery