Reviews of Hotel Tolosa 2 stars

Via Augusta,18, 43840 Salou, Spain

#33 of 45 hotels in Salou

• Double or Twin Room

Beds bit thin and uncomfortable/ noisy due to large bunch of young students there .

Very clean rooms / breakfast. very nice/ staff welcoming and friendly . 5/10 min walk to shops and restaurants by the sea front . Paid ( metered) car parking on street next to hotel . Hotel has a lift

• Double or Twin Room

I pretend that the rooms wen cleaned will be cleaned more in detail especially the bathroom. That's all but overall excellent work

Breakfast was superb..service with a smile..and helpful even reception and night receptionist

• Double or Twin Room

It was very far away from the centre. The hotel itself was a little strange, everytime we went out we had to give our room key to reception. I was also worried about our room doors, they were very thin and light. The hotel is in serious need of updating.

It was very cheap, so I guess we got what we paid for and the bed was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

Quick easy check in with plenty of parking right outside the hotel (free at the weekend). A lovely comfortable room with a large bathroom with shower. Breakfast was superb with plenty of fresh fruit available. Easy walk into town and good RESTUARANTs locally. Would definitely recommend and will be staying again.

You could hear other guests using there bathroom thin walls bedrooms sparse of furniture guests bieng noisy

Breakfast lots of choice a warm welcome very helpful front of house

The website listed that they provided an airport shuttle. Turns out this means public bus you have to pay extra for and the closest stop is not that close to the hotel.

The comfortable room, nice bathroom, and large variety of foods for breakfast. Only 5 min. walk to train station which is a short 3 min. ride to PortAventura.

The room was too close to the lift, so you can hear people goin in/out. The breakfast was warm... The best think was the double bed

The hotel was...OK.

• Double or Twin Room

Really good location: 10 minutes to the beach, big supermarket near and the train station is about 6 minutes walking. Good and tasty breakfast. Ability to rent a bike. Cleaning was every day! Perfect!

• Double or Twin Room

The staff are so helpful and friendly. The breakfast is great. Its a buffet service but the waitresses bring you fresh tea or coffee to order. Nothing is too much trouble here. We've stayed twice and will definitely stay again. The location in Salou is perfect. Its a short walk to the beach and very close to some lovely, bustling shops, bars and restaurants.

• Double or Twin Room

The price in comparison with the equipement of the room was quite too high. Bed was quite uncomfortable

The location is perfect,just a few metres from the beach. The room is very clean and breakfast is absolutely excellent

• Double or Twin Room

No fridge in room (not even small one). Very noisy - when someone in the next room is using shower the feeling from the sound is like your room is flooding. Air conditioner was actually dripping and it was dripping in bed as the bed was placed under the conditioner. Staff communication before the trip (in email) was bad and ignorant. There was a problem with payment and that's the only thing I got notified about. Afterwards I didn't receive any info that all is fine (sent 3 emails and didn't get an answer to any of them).

Breakfast and location was good.

walk into town

Comfortable room, friendly staff, a bit far from the town but managed to find a short cut, a taxi from town at night was about 10 euros.

• Double or Twin Room

We have returned to this hotel again this year. Really good service, friendly and polite stuff, location 10 minutes walk to the beach. Also good option is bicycles for rent right in the hotel;) we took them for the evening ride, which was really adorable. Breakfast was rather good and tasty. Wifi flies fast. Clean rooms and bathroom. Especially really low prices for such a good location and service are attractive. Definetly will recommend to stay in the Hotel Tolosa! We were really pleased with the service.

I hadn't realised when booking there was no pool and was devestated but once I got there I ended up at the beach everyday or else at my friends hotel, unless you're really a pool person or hate the beach this isn't such a bad side that I was expecting it to be. Also if there was a mini fridge in the room just to keep drinks and sun cream in, I would have absolutely no complaints about the room. If they got one it would improve the room so much more and I'd definitely reccomend for a basic comfy stay. The maids are noisy in the mornings, but if you're up early anyway it wouldn't bother you I was just always hungover and lazy lol. If you're young expecting a mad drinking holiday I wouldn't recommend Salou, it's much more family orientated or for couples as the nightlife isn't that great.

First off it's going to sound like these are bad points but they are just points you should be aware of before booking. I stayed in a single room and it was exactly like the photo. Double bed, Wardrobe, Desk &a Chair and the bathroom had a shower, sink and toilet. The air con was very good, infact a bit too good I was too cold at one point and had to sleep in a t shirt haha I had a window where I had to do my drying for the likes of swim stuff but be advised there's no balcony so it's a bit annoying if you've lots to dry, my friend took my towels home with him everyday to dry for me. My friends were up at the end where most of the nightlife was which was a half hour walk or about 6 minutes getting a taxi. I ended up getting a taxi out and home most nights with it costing about €8/9 each trip. You absolutely have to go to Danny Boys, it's an Irish pub and I basically lived there every night. No prams after 7 o clock are allowed in so if you have young kids you'd prefer Chaplins which is just as good and has entertainment on all night. The maids were in everyday with fresh towels and sheets changed once a week. Staff @ Reception were very friendly. Close to the beach, lots of restaurants nearby and a supermarket just around the corner. Very close to Porteventura and near enough to the Salou strip. I paid €460 for a single room for myself for 10 days and it was worth the money. You pay for what you get. If I was ever there again for a couple days I would stay again but I wasn't mad on Salou itself. Oh and also I thought this was really nice, the maid noticed I was using the blanket from the wardrobe for underneath my pillows to give it a bit more support and gave me extra pillows without me having to ask so this was really nice of her

• Double or Twin Room

We really liked the hotel - it was quiet and in a great location. Breakfast was excellent- there was a good range of food to choose from and some variety every day. Staff were exceptionally friendly and efficient. The seating area out front was casual and comfortable and a great place to sit in the mornings with a coffee to watch the people passing by.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was excellent quality, plentiful with a huge choice and lovely food. The staff were very friendly and hard-working, but always had a smile.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking, wish they had a car park for guests as the parking is pretty bad around there.

The hotel was classed as a 2star hotel and in Spain that can really mean anything. However, I am pleased to say this hotel was definitely the higher end of a 2star hotel. We had no street noise at night despite our room being at the front. The wifi was very good except it did seem to go off after midnight and come back on around 08.00am. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was basic but very clean and spacious, the bathroom was a good size and also very clean. The breakfast was very good and they even had fresh crusty white sliced bread to toast which a lot of hotels don't. The hotel was in a good position, away from the real hustle bustle and noise, but close enough to walk. Parking wasn't brilliant as most of the free white parking bays were always taken leaving only the blue paying bays available. However this isn't down to the hotel but the greedy local authorities. All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone who wants a no frills, inexpensive place to stay while sampling the sites of SALOU.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff here are wonderful. It has a family run feel and I can't compliment it enough. There isn't any view but you are with in walking distance of everything so this wasn't a factor for us an the room was well presented and cleaned to a very high standard would strongly recommend. The sangria was the best we had. Xx oh an the free breakfast was wonderful

• Double or Twin Room

No balcony in room we in and breakfast seemed to be continental , hot breakfast avaliable but hotel was excellent as a base for our trip to salou

Liked the friendly staff. Lifts and rooms clean and efficient. Free wifi. Remote control room Aircon was excellent. Close to good restaurants

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

There wasn't a separate luggage storage room - we were allowed to leave our bags in a corner of the lobby for the last day which was fine but isn't great if you have valuables in your bag.

Amazing breakfast! So many pastries! Really friendly and kind staff. The rooms are nice and cool when it's hot outside.

• Double or Twin Room

The room very small and smelling insaid ,lot of noise, the cleaning ladies start's at 7.30 morning time and they are very loud. You can't sleep in the morning. You have to pay the street parking every 2 hours and can't pay for all the day

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Excellent breakfast and excellent value for money accommodation. The second time I have used this small hotel and it will be my hotel of choice when passing through Salou.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms feel dated and a little insecure for leaving anything of value in for the day, that worried me because just about anyone can get into the hotel and up onto the same floor as the rooms. I also wasn't a fan of our passports being held up to check out, not known this be the policy at a hotel in Salou before despite yearly visits since 2005.

Staff were lovely, check in was smooth, breakfast was good and reasonably priced. PortAventura is easily within walking distance as is the sea front.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

air conditioning costs extra, small rooms, walls extra thin (you can hear everything from the neighbouring rooms), baths have no locks(?!), WC has no ventilation, not enough water drains in bath, everything is made from the cheapest materials

very friendly staff, central location, clean, affordable, decent value for money

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No balcony, doors are too thin so you can here everything from the corridor

Great location (7 min to the beach, 20 mun to Port Aventura, 15 min to night life), amazing personnel, fantastic breakfast, clean rooms and fast wifi

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

none...

The location, place, staffs were friendly, accommodating especially when every time I asked for cappuccino and sensitive to my needs....they added one, and changed my pillows into longer sizes when they noticed that I was using the duvet for pillow. I usually stay in a peace and quiet location and, I was lucky that I found this hotel which I booked online. I made 6 nights stay with them very comfortable. This hotel is highly recommended for an adventurous persons like me. cheers!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Iv never left a review but feel I have to. It was extremely small all my room had was a double bed & wardrobe. There was no balcony no pool there was 1 plug in the room next to the bathroom. At 1st i thought someone was in using my shower as I could hear the people next door talk snore cough etc it was like they were in the same room as me I got up to check where they in my shower as I could hear them very clearly having a shower. The bed was like a brick. The hotel was not modern at all very small feel bad writing this as the staff were lovely & friendly & it was ok for me as I was at my families villa most of the time but I wouldnt recommend this hotel for Salou. The maid kept turning the air con off so when you returned hoping to get out of the hot sun into cool room this was not the case. There was also no fridge in my room so had constantly buy water etc

The place was cleaned every single day in fact the maid tried open the door at least 3 to 4 times a day until she got to clean your room.& provide fresh towels. The staff were lovely very helpful they were there 24hrs a day to help. I liked fact it was clean & so close to the beach Portaventura shops restaurants etc but that was it for £365 I definitely was paying for the location I stayed there for week at the end of August 2016. The place needs a modern make over

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room was a bit basic but good enough for a few nights. Wouldn't recommend for a longer stay if you have a family as not much room to spread out, but fine if you just want somewhere to crash. You get what you pay for.

Good location near centre and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The walls there were too thin that we could hear all the noises from the neibourghs(moving chair, opening the doors, etc).

Nice place if you wanna spend all day long in portaventura just returning back to sleep and to have a breakfast. The breakfast there was really awesome.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very basic and the furniture cheap and simple. The rooms are very small and the matresses totally uncomfortable with holes in it. Not suitable for elderly persons.

Breakfast was great. And I would like to recommend an Argentinian restaurant "Alma Argentina" on the opposite side of the street. Housemade food, awesome owners!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

everything was perfect. The location, the staff, the breakfast, the room , the air con, the wifi. The best hotel we have stayed in for a long time . Couldn't fault it. Will definately go back when next in Salou.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

There was no key or swipe card to get in the main entrance if you were late back to the hotel, you had to ring the doorbell to get someone to let you in.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. High standard of Cleanliness throughout the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Nothing near by. No where to park. Hard beds and small.

It was clean and the breakfast was better than a lot of places we have stayed. The staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

Beds poor , only one pillow, Sockets not working well or at All with adaptors . Poor Wifi .

Very Good breakfast choice .Good helpful staff . Late check out at noon .

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

breakfast? nothing to eat location? go to beach by car, otherwise you would have a long trip by legs on sun comfort? rooms was stuck in 70' and never updated after that.

nothing. really nothing.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very very basic definitely not worth the money we paid! And not suitable for a family....no where to store water or food would not return or recommend!

Locations good

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No minibar. No hait dryer. Very modest room, no any extras and no view.

Normally breakfast ok. If you show later, some items eaten already. Brought some alternatives, that is good.people/staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The use of airfreshner in the room and the corridors was excessive

Our room was in the back of the hotel and therefore very quite (not the same experience for my sister whose room was at the front and right next to the lift). Both the room and the bathroom were spotless and generously sized. Very good breakfast buffet. Overall much better than expected for a two-star hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Really well located for salou centre and train station; we had travelled in from Barcelona and we're pleased to find hotel Tolosa was only a five minute walk from the station. We were greeted on check in by a lady who sent us to our room on the first floor; a very pleasant double room, well maintained and comfortable. The mattress was a little hard but this is no worry at all. All of the local amenities are nearby; beach around 10 mins on foot, restaurants in the immediate vicinity and if theme parks are your thing the amazing port aventura is around 20-30 mins walking distance. The wifi was good and fast, and the breakfast buffet plentiful. I would gladly stay here again when I return to Salou.

It was very noisy...

Good breakfast

Breakfast excellent

Great location for the beach and restaurants

Parking !

It was perfectly ok for a 3 night stay on a road trip

It could be noisy during high season.

The place was clean and near the train station. The breakfast was superb.

A bit noisy for the room next to the lift

Excellent Buffet Breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

Bit noisy with the cleaners also doors banging and did not have a fridge in the room

The staff were very friendly location was good

Can't fault it.

Helpful, pleasant staff. Room cleaned and towels changed every day, even if you had a lie in!

Helpful staff, good breakfast, perfect location

Bed was a little hard

Great hotel,great buffet breakfast,staff welcoming and helpful,would stay again

For me, it was perfect...

bed can be more comfort

staff was very friendly and helpful location and cleanness were excellent

• Double or Twin Room

Very small beds and also very, very small bathroom!

Breakfast was very good and very enjoyable!

• Double or Twin Room

Quiet, comfortable, welcoming. Great breakfast.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Too dear for facilities

Quiet

• Double or Twin Room

Small bathrooms. Thin walls.

Great breakfast. Good value.

Staff very friendly all in all I would go again and i would recommend the hotel to friends x

• Double or Twin Room

Bad wifi. It was working but really slow.

Really great breakfast!! Close to Portaventura park, train and beach.

We liked all

Was excelent the service yhe staff friendly and competent we really enjoy our stay

Rooms are small

The staff were very friendly and polite Overall a pleasant experience

couldn't fault it.

We have stayed at this hotel before. It was perfect for our needs. We will definately go back again. Fantastic.

Very bad Beds

Nice breakfast included for the price

Small room hotel with attractive price

• Double or Twin Room

Very good service & b very clean

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

First room we had was a bit small. But the second room we had was much better

Nice friendly staff. Good area, near to train station.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Basic hotel for stay over. Clean and tidy . Staff friendly and courteous. Excellent breakfast.

The hotel was excellent, the breakfast was good, the internet worked well, the friendly staff. No bad, I would recommend this hotel.

Everything's 😀Spanish

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Bad old smell room

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Very dirty, HORRIBLE PILOW,no AACC. Horrible breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Clean ladies start very early (9.00-9.30 a.m.)

Very good breakfast, comfortable place, close to the city center and beach, friendly stuff

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The walls where paper thin could here the people in the nxt room taking a shower felt like u were sharing a bathroom

Nothing about this hotel

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Every morning the cleaners were so loud.always woke me up early . 8am to 9.30 am. Doors slammed loud voices

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the staff was really nice ! Good location ! The rooms were clean ! Everything was really great !