Reviews of Travelodge Torrelaguna 3 stars

Based on 1958 hotel reviews

4.5

4.1

• Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Receptionist required to pay full stay despite my objections that the first day was already paid after booking via the Credit card. She said that the first day costs were only blocked. This proved not to be true. Hotel charged me more and I still wait for money back for the first day. Be carefull of this:the risk of double charging is serious!

Cheaper breakfast is available in pubs in the neighborhood. Bed was OK.

No facilities (GYM, pool, laundry), the tv is very small

The location is perfect, I have everything around me and it is not far from the city center, staff are kind and supportive, and the food is good although they do not have too many varieties.

A little bit far from City Center but Bus station in Front of Hotel . Hotel a little bit far from Metro station as you need to take Taxi or almost 15 min walk but finally all rest details was fine for us

Stuff was very helpful and always smile ,, rooms clean and there is good space in each room ,, all facilities was good and i will come again in my next Trip to Spain .

• Family Room

The noise made by a lot of prostitutes that were coming with their clients there. It is not a hotel for a family. The person from the reception doesn't speak even the numerals in English (like the room number). The room didn't have a hairdryer and they asked me 10E as a guarantee, even though I paid for the whole staying since the begin.

The breakfast buffet options could have been a bit better but it wasn't terrible.

The rooms are a good size with very comfy beds. The room definitely met my expectations.

As it had already happened in previous occasions, there were noisy people in the next room very late at night, who only kept quiet after the management told them twice to remain silent.

we were robbed of €14 by the wifi site!!!

the maids were very hardworking and cleaned our room no matter what time we left, bus to madrid centre goes from just outside, and plenty of restaurants nearby. it was quiet and the staff were helpful.

• Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

we were given a room for disabled people and the toilet didn't flush properly.... .. we had to change rooms............ and the Wi Fi wasn't switched on till the Saturday morning and we had been there since the wednesday night..... Totally unacceptable as one of the reasons we chose a TRAVEL LODGE was for the free acess to WI FI in the lobby.We would like some refund for the stress involved in not being able to reach family and friends, as well as booking for 7 days and being put in accomodation for disabled people where the toilet didn't work

• Family Room

Wifi service - free in lobby but should be available in all rooms free of additional charge. As well the wifi service was very poor. Additional charge charge for breakfast was outrageous 9€, way too much

Location was away from city centre but very easy bus access to main attractions.

In the room haven't dryer.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and kind. Everything what you need they say and show you. Localization is OK. Metro station is about 10 minutes but it's close from hotel. Bus station is infront of the building . We didn't eat breakfast but 100 m is the shop where you can buy everything what you need. In the room you can use a kettle.

• Family Room

€10 in cash to borrow an iron. Whilst I understand the need for a deposit I don’t carry cash. Tea/coffee in the room with kettle would be good. Everything else was good for what I needed.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Hotel was very close to the offices where I had meetings and plenty of restaurants and a small supermarket across the road.

It is hard to believe that a hotel still charge for wifi. Breakfast is too expensive. Staff should smile more!

It is quiet. It has several places around to have dinner and breakfast. The price is good for a hotel in Madrid.

No complaints, but it would have been nice to be able to make a cuppa in the room, and a hairdryer would have been good.

Room was nice, functional, comfortable and clean, as you’d expect from a Travelodge. No wow factor, but for the price it’s good. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and gave great advice about getting around. The location is great, surrounding area is nice enough,with a few bars and restaurants nearby and the bus into the center of Madrid goes from right outside the door. Also very easy to get to and from the motorway.

It is not a real "pet friendly" hotel, the pets are not allowed to stay in the public area. During the check-in you must sign a paper with rules / restrictions that you should follow regarding your pet and there is an additional charge per night for the pet. They don't have single beds.

The staff is very very friendly. The room was really simple but big. The breakfast is a buffet with several options. In the near there are several restaurants and a bus stop to go to the center. I arrived from the airport by taxi.

From The hotel,The city centre is accessible only by bus route # 53 which runs till Sol. Wifi is chargeable at 3.9€ per night which is exorbitant. It’s available for free only in hotel lobby. Hotel is not very flexible with early check in. We were charged 10€. Room doesn’t have tea/coffee kits or electric kettle. No potable water available.

The rooms are clean. meals are available in the lobby. Bus stand is right in front of hotel.

• Family Room

No airport shuttle. Airport is only 5 miles away. We took a buss that dropped us off four blocks away. We had to walk 10 minutes in the dark of night. Thank God for GPS! Also, my brother booked his room directly with Tavelodge and he got a cheaper breakfast rate.

Spacious room with nice bathroom and quiet surroundings.

• Family Room

Cleanliness was good but I will have a little more attention on bathroom curtains. All other things very good se te

Very helpful and kind staff. We being welcome by Fernando, excellent guy and help us a lot on how to travel around Madrid. Room were very comfy

• Family Room

Wifi is for charge in the rooms, but there is a free wifi in the room. The location is far from the city centre (50mins by walking+metro), but close to the airport.

Friendly staff, nice athmosphere.

Rooms fairly small and many are twin beds

Staff were great Room basic, clean. No extras. Hairdryer available with a deposit Take your own toiletries Location great - bus from outside the door will take you downtown Good restaurants and a grocery store close by

• Family Room

We live in 21 century, access to Internet should be standard included in every offer. Asking customer to pay additional fee for Internet access is some kind of joke in these days. besides that hotel was at decent level. Room was clean, breakfast was good.

• Family Room

When we got into the room there was a smell to cigarette. We informed management about it and they resolved the smell the same day. Also we never had a/c in the room, apparently it was broken or something but at first they told me about a master key or something like that and they promised they was gonna fix it since the first day. That never happened, even when we informed management multiple times, we needed to open the window during the night and this caused a lot of noise from outside of the room; on top, the was a lot of noise every morning from the hallway.

It was close to bars and restaurants and also atms.

Understaffed! Upon checking-in, I realised the evening receptionist was also doing bar service; Upon checking-out, I realised the morning receptionist was also covering breakfast refills. Couldn't see any other staff apart from the receptionists.

Price was adequate for the facilities and the location was super-convenient for my travel purpose.

Stayed here a few times already, it is always my best choice when travelling to Madrid. The best thing is that is located in a quiet area if you want to avoid the noise of late partiers.

Considering that I paid 170 euro per night for one person, I expected a better breakfast, a hairdryer in the bathroom, and free Wifi (not paid). Poor value for money.

The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the bed comfortable.

The facilities are poorly furnished. It could be ok for a 2 stars hotel or student accommodation but not what u expect for the money you paid. No free WiFi which is a standard everywhere now. We had to borrow the dryer & the iron and both were in a bad condition. The windows & walls r not sound proof. Street noise can easily be heard in the room with the windows closed. Also noises from the room next door. The breakfast buffet didn't look satisfying so we opted out, which meant we had to go for breakfast somewhere else, even if we wanted to spend our morning in the hotel.

The friendly staff & its location

We really like the staff of hotel.they are always smilng and ready to help you.we love this hotel more because of staff.all of them are brilliant people.

Reception staff and restaurant staff excellent people.

• Family Room

The last day the hot water was barely working which ment I was unable to give my daughter a bath , which was disappointing as its so hot in Madrid she could of done with it , and I didn't want to give her a cold bath , the receptionist said it was a maintance problem . The air conditioning could have been a bit more cooler and powerful

Perfect location , not too far from Madrid , ten minuites from the airport with excellent links to and from at fantastic prices . Clean , comfortable , extremely safe with our one year old daughter , and friendly staff that would bend over backwards for you . Susanna on reception was brilliant . I booked this hotel as travelodge have such a good reputation , I don't particularly trust booking. Com in general as I had a disastrous holiday with them last year and I found their customer care was bad and lacking ,but I knew travel lodge were good and they lived up to their standard.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Family Room

Location is accessible by bus but not metro. Be aware it's about 30 minutes or more from most tourist attractions but you can get there easily by bus or bus and metro. Desk staff is super helpful in this. The value is good on rooms and service and breakfast is okay--if you just need a start before heading out.

The staff was amazing and helped my party out when our plans changed and we needed accommodations for one more night. They were very kind to my senior parents who stayed at the property for most of a week.

Payable Wi-Fi in the room. No equipment in the room such as coffee port, iron and 2 towels. No elevator from underground parking to lobby.

An employee is so polite but others are not.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It's fine with me to place deposit for using a hairdryer. But when I return the hairdryer, it is not ok that the staff hesitated on returning the deposit and asked me if I already got the money back. Is this your hotel's norm that a customer can take the deposit back before the hairdryer is returned? If this is not, I think this question is a little bit rude. It also somehow indicated a possibility of internal control problem.

The room is clean. Half of staffs are friendly.

breakfast could have been slightly better my wife said the hot side of breakfast was cold but in General lovely stay

hotel staff efficient room clean and comfortable

Low diversity of the breakfast, but acceptable quality. The hotel accepts pets, so you may find a lot of visitors with dogs.

Good positioning of the hotel, at outskirts of Madrid. There is a bus stop right outside of the hotel, from which bus 53 will take you to center.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Wifi was very slow. Wifi in the room cost extra. Thin walls, noisy if your neighbor is watching TV or talking loudly.

Bed was good. Food in the cafeteria was good. Breakfast was reasonable. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

The WI FI was much too expensive if you want to use it in the room, it costs 3,90 Euro and I had to use it like 30 minutes in the evening, but you have to pay for 24 hours. Breakfast is Ok but every day apsolutelly the same.

Hotel is very good value for the money but it is a bit far away from the center. The bus stop is in front of the hotel bit it will take you 20 min to the wider center and 35 -40 min. to the very center of Madrid. Personal is excellent- all of them but the most fun we had with Kana / pron. as Kanja/, the girl from the Bar. She speaks very good English, and every evening waiting for us smiling and preparing the drinks she knew we love. Rooms are nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

I paid extra to have WIFI, and although the coverage was ok, the speed was quite slow. I expected more speed for paying extra. I'm however not aware what the overall speed is in Spain. We're quite spoiled regarding that where I live. The window didn't close that well, so sound came through easily

Good bed and spacious clean room. The friendly staff was very helpful. The hotel is located in a business area, so it was very close to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

No wifi in the room - I find this unacceptable in 2016.

Location is somewhat in between the airport and the city centre - quite complicated to get around via Metro, but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel which takes you to the centre. Good breakfast for just an extra 6 Euro. Room is large and comfortable - good value for money

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

You have to pay ( a lot) for w-fi

Good position: 20 mins by bus from center and bus stop is just in front of hotel. Also if you arrive by car hotel is easy to reach and you can easily find free parking.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

It's basic but what do you want for those costs? Worth paying €3.90 extra for the wifi in the rooms.

Spot on - comfortable, clean and friendly La Tagliatella Italian restaurant just around the corner is worth a visit for dinner (mid range €) as is VIPS restaurant for breakfast - great value (cheap!) Parking under the hotel is charged separately but make sure to get the hotel to stamp the ticket for a discount bringing cost down to €12

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

In the year 2016 and charging for internet in a place like this is just insane

The facilities are very good Very clean Good location off the city center

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

They could not use my other credit card. Insisted on using the card that was booked under. AC was not working in the 41 degrees temp. very bad

location was good, moderately clean,

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

We kept having to ask for extra towels as they only provided us one between 2 people

Rooms fantastic. Staff very helpful. Heald our bags on the last day. 53 bus runs right to town for €1.50. Perfect location.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

No free wifi in the rooms, but only in reception lobby zone

Very friendly, helpful and smiled staff, perfect connection with the airport and also to the center with bus and metro. Clean rooms, delicious food and good price/comfort rate

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

WIFI is only free in the lobby not in the rooms, the air con is terrible as it is controlled by reception and is always in a low Eco mode. Parking is also very expensive.

Bed was comfey, good location. Great Italian restaurant around the corner.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Cleaning. The room floor was dirty, with dust.

Quality/Price relation. Public Parking close to the hotel. Room dimension. Location very near the main entrances and exits of Madrid.

clean

the room

Comfortable beds. Waterboiler & tea & mugs in the room

Had to pay for WiFi access in the rooms. Not comfortable bed

Good breakfast. Good only for holidays leisure. Not for business trip

They should offer Better wardrobe.

The cot was not stable, its sounding like hell when you move. Free wifi in rooms is minimum expected, it should not be paid

Very clean.

There isn’t internet free

The breakfast

Breakfast is poor and there is no vegetable available; a bit noisy

Many restaurants nearby; good value for many

The bed was comfortable and they serve good breakfast

No tea and coffee in the room

Polite staff and very helpful

The reception staff were very helpful with info about travelling into the centre

no water boiler for the room

size of room & bath is quite big. breakfast is good

The extortionate price for parking was absolutely scandalous....almost 15 quid a day and this should be put on website

Location and price

Not close to metro station.

Friendly staff and clean rooms. Easy transport from airport with bus 200.

location was far from city centre but very good bus service made up for that....price per night was a little high for being so far out...

• Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

in rooms wifi is not free

rooms are clean, rooms are good, good bathrooms, good staff wich speak english.

• Family Room

Paper thin walls. Noisy vigorous lovemaking next door impeded a good night's sleep

Common areas good. Spacious and comfortable rooms

No parking, abrupt reception staff, no tea and coffee facilities, very poor cafe type area, poor quality room

The bed was old I think

Service

• Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The Wi-Fi is free only in the lobby

The location is really good.

• Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

hard to find - sign not visible and name of location with hotel sent us the a town outside Madrid

had a Chinese reastaurant next door

Convenient locacation, property walking distance to family in area.

Attention to miror details

Price

WiFi at the room is not free

Nice area

Staff were extremely helpful

Bed. No kettle or hairdryer or iron

Staff

Not central location. But well connected with bus and metro service.

Nice 24 hr cooperative staff. Speaking good English. Accommodate all your needs.

El confort general. Temperatura agradable, silencioso, limpio.

nothing to dislike,

The hotel was very clean, great breakfast, comfy room, quiet, very helpfull and friendly staff, would stay again without a doubt,

Location. Very far from metro although close to the bus stop.

Highly recommended to others. Everything is good.

The hotel do not have parking.

Browse Travelodge Torrelaguna traveller photo gallery