Reviews of Chic & Basic Zoo 1 stars

Passeig Picasso, 22, Ciutat Vella, 08003 Barcelona, Spain

#309 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Better natural lighting in the room but the room was really nice so can't complain.

very friendly staff that upgraded us when we arrived, really modern facilities, clean and a great little bar downstairs, amazing value for money.

• Economy Double Room

The room are tiny (the room door hits the bed) and I also didn’t like the reception is in a separate building around the corner.

The property is in the perfect length cation to see all the city. Most of it you can walk and access to the hop on hop off bus is less than 50 metres from the entry door.

• Economy Double Room

The hotel name is chic and basic, I think chic related to the price, basic to everything else. Hotel have problems with cleaning- we had dust on our bed headboard that weren’t cleaned for days, white towels with big brown spots are unacceptable!!!

Good location, comfortable bed, quite neighbourhood

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The road outside the front of the building can be noisy at times. Rooms are as they state, basic.

The property is in an excellent location with plenty of good options to eat and drink. Plus the added bonus of Barcelona's best park a stone throw away. The rooms although basic, are as you would expect for any city break. Plaça de Catalonia is a 20 walk away so the city is definitely walkable from here.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room was very dark. And while our balcony view of the park was great, the Passeig de Picasso is quite a busy street.

You won't get a better location in Barcelona. With a view on the beautiful Ciutadella park, and situated on the edge of El Borne (the best barri in Barcelona), you're at walking distance from most sights, beaches and hangouts. And: the bathroom alone makes it worth a stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

As it was through no fault of our own, I feel the hotel should of at least put us in a room similar to the one we had booked.

We were downgraded from our original room and wasn’t too bothered at first as the staff were very apologetic and great about it...until we seen the tiny room and it was terrible.. clean but tiny and very dark with the smallest window and the view of a brickwall 😂🙈

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Be prepared - location is initially difficult to find and not many locals knew where it was either !!

after a problem with initial room - staff quickly resolved the issue with an acceptable alternative

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Was clean but were ants in the bathroom. No information provided before we arrived to inform us we needed to check in at a different location to the hotel.

Lovely hotel with very modern decor. Free water and snacks. Location was great for gothic quarter and beach.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi!!!!! ............ trying to send 1 message a day on that wifi was like mining for gold...You have to look for the spot for 10 minutes and it stops working 2 minutes in. Would be nice if they could change it, because it IS one of those things travelers from other countries need. Also, having a fridge in the room would be ideal... :)

The location is very central and we had the room with the balcony, which was fantastic :). it was lovely to have the mini breakfast on the patio overlooking the street and the park nearby. Also, the staff were very nice and very well organized - with a 24/hour reception nearby, ready to help with anything, even in the night hours. There is also a water and coffee/tea station that is always open :). The room was cleaned daily and we had all we needed, even great storage space. A great stay all in all!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There room was not super tidy. You could tell the the room had not been sweeped and dusted in some time and there was mold in the shower.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. My luggage was lost at the airport and they provided a charge. Also, they had snacks

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room decor and furnishings were quite tired and in need of refurbishment. Initially finding the hotel was difficult as the instructions gave the correct address but there was no access or reception at that address. It took us some time to find the reception was located at the partner hotel around the corner, in another street.

Location was convenient and staff were very helpful. Bed was very comfortable and hotel was quiet. Free tea, coffee and water.

• Economy Double Room

The check in process was incredibly inconvenient. Room was so small we could barely move. Dark and hot - no air conditioning or fan. Mold in the bathroom grout.

The location was the only good thing about this hotel. And they have very creative marketing.

• Economy Double Room

The reception not being where the actual rooms are and the door to where you actually stay being very unnoticeable is very confusing. That should be more obvious.

The room was clean and basic. Exactly what it says on the tin

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We got what we were told to expect and so had no complaint

I cannot comment on the food and drink information as it was not part of my booking with Booking.com. Our accommodation in the Superior Double room in Chic and Basic Zoo was excellent. It was also great to have a good coffee maker and free cold bottles of water available.

• Economy Double Room

Proper information on the check-in, reception is located at El Born hotel, not in Zoo hotel. Room (16) was really small, breakfast at the hotel not that good. You have to pay the hotel upfront.

The Dutch receptionist was very enthousiastic and she gave us some good tips for nice restaurants. Very comfortable bed, location of the hotel is ideal. 10 min walk to metro station, 15 min walk to the beach.

• Economy Double Room

Very small room with ventilation to shaft with strong smell of cleaning chemicals, bathroom not as clean.. had to change room after 2 days stay as could hardly breathe at night.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I ordered room based on photos but our room didn't have big window as on the pictures, was very small with no view. We are not informed that we will get much lower standard in the same price. We had to changed the hotel after one night.

Nice designed, clean and cosy. Verny good location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was not clean - there were ants and flies everywhere so had to get staff to spray insect kill. The bathroom smelt damp due to the toilet having a slight leak every time it was flushed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotels rooms are in a completely separate building from the reception. If you are carrying heavy luggages this is very uncomfortable. My check in was around 15 and they told me I could go my room. When I arrived to the room there was still someone cleaning the room. I needed to wait 30 minutes before I could enter. Wifi wasn't working. The hotel reception restrooms where dirty and with no toilet paper.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small, there were homeless people sleeping right next to the entrance to the hotel. There were no signs of hotel entrance, so I had to walk by the sleeping homeless people to figure out which doors are the ones I should enter. After I figured out which doors are the ones to enter, it turned out that the reception is around the corner. Apart from that - I didn't expect to have ants in my room. i understand this is a Zoo hotel (at least by the name and interior design), but I didn't expect to hive live insects in my room.

The location was good. Right next to the Park Ciutadella, rather close to the La Rambla and pretty close to the beach as well. Due to the fact that I like running, the location was excellent for a morning run.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We didn't have breakfast. We felt that the food that was offered was not worth the asking price. And as vegans, we had even less options. Our bed linen was perhaps clean, but had many uncomfortable-looking stains. We stayed for 4 nights, and the sheets were never changed. The shower is relatively nice, but the water temperature was difficult to regulate. In the Zoo location, it was a great disappointment to have such a loud door next to most of the rooms, so that anytime anyone came in or went out, it woke us up. The walls are paper-thin, but I suppose that is to be expected in such an old building.

The location is AMAZING. The location is central to many of the El Born sights and very close to public transport, and is within walking distance of the old Gothic City. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The staff was very friendly and the lobby and check-in center was very hip with a great atmosphere.

• Economy Double Room

The service from all staff was excellent. Bottled water and coffee available in the lobby area was also a great touch. Wifi was high speed, was able to stream video no problem.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

When we arrived there was a sign in reception to tell us to go to Chic & Basic Born to Check-in it would better to send that information in message as well prior to arrival.

Large comfortable bedroom with a heavenly shower and a view off the balcony to the old Barcelona Zoo. There was also a cosy little lounge with Tea and Capsule Coffee perfect the morning.

• Economy Double Room

I didn't like the fact that it wasn't made clear that check-in was at a different location. I went to the address outlined and couldn't get in, only to find out I had to drag my luggage around the corner. Nevertheless, my stay was comfortable and worth it.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the location was ok, close to the zoo and the beach.

• Economy Double Room

We stayed the week of my birthday and when we got to our room they had balloons on the bed and a delicious chocolate tart and a cute birthday greeting. We arrived at the hotel very early and they apologized for not having the room ready but helped direct us to some nearby restaurants and sights to help kill time before check in. The front desk staff were excellent and super friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed in the room 20 and it's quite dark as the window is only in the bathroom. Walls are really thin, you can hear your neighbors. Cleaning is every day, but the towels are not perfectly white.

Just basic stay, well-sized room. Basic water/milk/tea bags are available. Location is just amazing! Barcelonetta, park, Zoo, ancient baths, good coffee and chic Born nearby. I recommend this hotel if you are up to the long walks and don't expect too much from the hotel and window view. Check-in is quick and easy, but in another building at the corner - look for Chic&Basic Born sign. Have a mouthful brunch and feel the vibe at Alsur Cafe and Backdoor bar nearby, relax in the ancient baths just next door.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I’d really want to stay at the same place when I go to Barcelona again. It was like home. We didnt use any transportation, we walked everywhere and all around the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This Hotel doesn't have a reception and you need to go to the other Chic and Basic hotel (2 minutes walk) to get the keys. This should be written very clearly at the hotel directions or comments when you book a room - and it isn't. We spent about 20 minutes going around with suitcases just to figure it out. The night lights were too strong, and could only be lit up together so if I wanted to read my roomate had to be with light in her face. Plus the lights were too strong as reading lamps. The Wi-Fi in the rooms was poor most of the time and I had to go out to the common area to be able to do some video chats or even just send videos or pictures.

The location was good, with a beautiful park on the one side of the hotel and a great neighborhood on the other. The staff was friendly and nice, especially the people from the morning shift who gave us great recommendations for restaurants and other tips and let us hang around and use the hotel facilities even after check out.

The staff was extremely helpful. They helped us with issues with plugs, helped make reservations, and were in general happy to assist in anyway that they could.

• Economy Double Room

Room is tiny (literally bed right by entrance door and bathroom. Very thin walls - could hear music playing and guests talking and slamming doors! Light very odd.

Staff were lovely and efficient. Location is excellent. Room and bathroom clean and functional. Bed very comfortable. Free water and coffee/tea in small lounge a bonus!

• Economy Double Room

Very, very noisy. Building work starting at 7am!! Could hear everything that was happening in the hotel, the walls seemed really thin. The view of the room was of the sides of two buildings which added to the darkness of the room. The bathroom was grubby like it needed a food clean and there was a dirty rag left in the corner when we arrived.

The shower was brilliant, the bed was comfortable and the staff were friendly. The room was warm. As it was Valentines Day whilst we were there they left a balloon and some rose petals with a note which was cute. The location is fantastic, you can walk to anywhere in the city although there are a lot of homeless people who stay outside of the hotel at night.

• Standard Triple Room

Disgusting long black hair all over towels and pillow cases, in sink, in bath tub, all over the not-so-clean room floor. Empty dirty plastic bottle left on a bed next to towels. I felt like room service was having a bad day and decided to let it go by trashing the room. As mentioned by others, confusion with location, since the reception is not located where the property entrance. Homeless people sleeping outside of hotel, disturbing view. Very basic establishment that should not be called chic hotel, rather chic hostel for the price of the hotel. I will never stay or recommend to anyone this “hotel”.

Good location. Helpful reception.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Even hotel is providing everyday cleaning service, in the evenings the room floor was very dusty. I guess, dust come from air condition system. We had unpleasant situation when my credit card information was used to charge me for someone else who enjoyed hotel restaurant service. Hotel refund me for their mistake. I hope this is accidental incident and will not going to be repeated in the future.

The hotel is located near the Barcelona center. Most of the main sightseeing places we were are able to reach by foot. Everyday cleaning service was available at the hotel. Tea, coffee and water are available for free in the hall. We ordered room with small balcony, quit nice place to spend time with hot coffee or tea in the mornings.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The walls were a little thin - sometimes it sounded like our neighbours were in our room!

Absolutely perfect location with views of the park and a very short walk into one of the nicest areas in town. Our three bed room was basic but spacious, stylish, modern and clean. Toiletries were an added bonus! And the communal area with different types of tea, coffee, biscuits and water was lovely.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was how it was described.. chic and basic. It had everything required for a weekend break although there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room. These were located in a small ( room for 4 )reception type area on the same floor as the rooms. There is a nesspresso type machine located there together with a kettle for boiled water and a small fridge contains milk. There are biscuits in a jar but that’s is all there is. The shower in the room we stayed in (14) was lovely even though it was an over the bath type. It had a powerful rainfall shower head which was fabulous after being out exploring the city all day.

• Economy Double Room

The room was pretty small for two but we expected that. The apartments that our hotel rooms were in was separate to the main reception area. This wasn't a problem but the directions we were given to them were a little sketchy and this could have been made clearer.

This hotel was far hipper than we expected. We had coffee and tea on the landing outside our room that we could help ourselves to at any time. The main lounge area (in a different building) was comfortable and relaxed and you could buy great coffee there. Although our room was small our bathroom was quite large. We really enjoyed the location in the trendy El Born district with very tasty restaurants close by and a lovely atmosphere. This would be the first place we would try booking if we went back to Barcelona.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Exceptionally clean, room was cleaned daily, really good shower gel\shampoo included :) Personnel is helpful and kind. Definitely great for the price.

• Economy Double Room

The rooms are small and dark if yoy don't get one of the few exterior ones. Breakfast location is in another building from the one where the rooms are.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

lovely hotel with friendly staff. was very clean with a comfy bed. nice quiet room with good facilities. loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The homeless people near the building.

Clean, easy to find. Even though you have to pick up your keys from another place. It was around the corner. Staff were helpful we had issues with the control and heating and the time we got back it was all fixed. The cleaners are really helpful. It was close to everything.

• Economy Double Room

The only negative I would say the noise from the corridor.

The location was really great! Didn’t have much interaction with staff so can’t comment, but the girl at the reception in chic&basic born.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception is about 200m from the hotel. Hotel very poorly signed I stayed in this hotel a year ago and the rooms had style. Now it’s basic but no chic!

the room was too hot and the aircon couldn't be set below 19 degrees

location was amazing and you could have a great time just in the born district without straying too far from the hotel

Door key card was very temperamental. Had to get staff to use master key one evening. Wasn't sorted during my stay. Shower door was broken, no attempt made to fix it.

Conveniently placed

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If you want luxury then don’t go here. It is very basic and the rooms has seen there best time. The towels had hints of fungus which was a bit disturbing. The walls are thin so people walking in the hallway were clearly heard. Smashing doors in the early morning. Basically somebody bought an intire floor made some seperate rooms and calls it a hotel. However for the purpose of the visit it was sufficient. The reception is located around the corner at chic & basic Born. Meaning you can’t go there with your bathrobe.

The location of this property was amazing. Easy access to public transport and the quarter is famous for its variety of food. The staff was super friendly and provided tips and tricks where to eat how to get to the metro station and they can arrange tickets for various attractions to see. Communication with the staff was easy and comfortable. The property was located near the check in. Coffee tea and water is provided for free in the small common area. Every day the bed was made.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception was not in the building. It’s in other buidlimg in the way to the hotel. We didn’t know about this info so we went back to the reception for check in.

The room was clean and comfortable. Also it was very quiet. Staffs were kind and they recommended good restaurants and tour info. We had good experience with delicious food.

• Economy Double Room

The room was nice and clean, but too small (!!!) with no space for our luggages. There were windows to the tiny inside of the building, so no fresh air, no balcony. There were a couple of sleeping homeless people around the entrance in the night. The reception was located in the other street.

I liked the small lobby with water, tea, coffee and biscuits for free. The hotel is well located.

• Economy Double Room

Chic and Basic Zoo is in a fantastic location to explore the city of Barcelona. We were able to walk to all the major touristic sites from the hotel as well as all the shops and restaurants. Room was small but very clean and comfortable. The complimentary water/tea/coffee station outside the unit was a nice touch.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very small and basic room even with paid upgrade room. Bed barely comfortable air con noisy & not particularly effective.

Good location, clean, great staff good value breakfast 2,5/5

The reception is not in the hotel itself (there is no staff available in the building of the hotel) but in a bar about 200m from there. This was quite annoying since I had to go there too many times. The hotel is overpriced, the facilities are basic. My room had only a small window into the hotel itself with a very thin and light curtain. There was only one electricity socket in the entire room!

The location is good (in front of the zoo/park), the room was sufficiently clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel entrance is separate to the reception so it's a bit like staying in a rented apartment.

The location is great, on the edge of the gothic quarter and in front of the park and close to the beach.

• Economy Double Room

One of the females staff was good and polite. But, other guy (might be her senior) was rude and didn't cooperate for check-in. There was no communication from hotel when queried for early check-in

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The pillows were a bit crap - we'd have preferred two. Also, as with most hotel hair driers, you're better off blowing on someone's hair. Room storage was good (two wardrobes in our case), and the bed was a good size. TV reception was terrible, but I managed to re-tune it and it was passable after that.

Great location and a nice private hotel. All staff were friendly and spoke good English. We would definitely recommend staying here again - especially in one of the rooms with a balcony on the park side.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a small room. The view from the window was a brick wall, it was oppressive. The blind did not work. The lights above the bed blinded you. They had no ironing board!

The coffee was nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

French windows to balcony did not fit well so the traffic noise was louder than it might have been given they were double glazed.

Comfy bed. Spacious and stylish room. Good supply of coffee and water. Very helpful staff. Cute little balcony with seats.

No kettle in the room

The staff at reception were very helpful, location of the hotel was around the corner from the reception which was a bit awkward with our bags

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Even though the bed was large it was quite hard.

Great time to be in Barcelona for La Mercé. Close to lots of restaurants and bars. Good shower. Cute balcony.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Check in is around the corner (not in the same building). There is no refrigerator in room, only shared one in common room. Room and floor was not the cleanest.

King sized bed and common room with free tea, coffee, and biscuits were nice. Location is very easy to get to. Right next to Aire Barcelona (day spa) - highly recommend!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The view from the room was bad, and there was a constant loud noise around the building (probably the AC but still loud).

Free water, coffee, tea and biscuits :)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Trying to locate the hotel wasn't easy as the door isn't so signed as a hotel. I had to ask about, only by chance someone had heard of the hotel and directed me to a bar round the corner where the reception was, it does state when booking that the check in was 100 yards or so from the location, but as we and another guest we encountered had given the hotel address to our taxi drivers, it would have been easier to give the check in address and direct us from and/or leave a sign at the hotel door area.

Opposite Barcelona's most Central Park with lakes,fountains museums and a Zoo. Also a short walk from the busiest beach.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Needed a bit of basic maintenance several of the light globes were out. The walls a bit thin had noisy neighbors one night but think this is normal for big city

The best thing about this hotel is the location close to the food burra and a short walk to the train. Free water coffee and biscuits was also a welcome treat in a city that is quite pricey

• Economy Double Room

Finding it was a little difficult. The address on the site takes you to the front of the building, but to get to the entrance you have to go down the street, around the corner and down that street. We had to ask someone if they knew where reception was as we couldnt find it. After traveling a distance, it is nice to just find where you need to go, but it wasnt so easy.

The location was the best thing. Right next to the old town and really handy to everything. The room itself was very small but comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not very much information from the staff upon check in regarding the hotels facilities considering we were in the other building, so felt quite segregated, had to pay a fee at check out for breakfast but we weren't sure what that was for as it was only tea,water, coffee and biscuits provided to us. But nothing you can't enquire further about just make sure you do.

Bottled cold water, tea and coffee machine in the foyer and the decor in the building is nice. The location is amazing in the El Born area not too far from La Ramblas. Pressure of the shower is great but it's quite narrow. Bed is comfortable and the air conditioning is very good and overall the room including the bathroom is a really good size.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The safe in the room appeared to be broken so we didn't use it. The bathroom was a little tired looking and the shower didn't drain very well. We requested an early check-in due to our flight being so early but we never heard back from the hotel. When we got there we were told we wouldn't be able to check in for another few hours which was disappointing. No fridge in the room and no one on the reception desk in the actual building you stay in (the reception where you check-in is round the corner from the rooms) Rooms also aren't very sound proof, we were woken up in the morning by people in the corridor and we could hear next doors TV from our room and we could hear them taking a shower. We felt it was a little over priced.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and showed us nice areas to visit and stored our bags for us when our room wasn't ready on arrival due to a very early flight. The room was large and the wifi was strong. Air con in the room was good. The building felt very secure as you have to get through two locked doors at night to access your room from the street. We walked to the beach every day and it is close to shops and restaurants, there is a nice Greek restaurant around the corner if you fancy something other than Spanish food! TV in the room also and we had 2 free bottles of water on arrival.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Didn't feel like a hotel, more of a hostel/apartment... was not really worth the money. Think we were paying for location alone. Friendly staff in main hotel.

Lovely location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness of the room was not great. It looked like sheets and towels had been changed but no real cleaning. Floors and counters we're grimy and did not look wiped down. There was also a pretty gross leak situation with the shower and the toilet.

Location is great. Balcony overlooking the park is a wonderful way to wake up. It's also very low-key and guests are left to themselves unlike a lot of other hotels.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The woman at reception was incredibly helpful and gave us an entire rundown on the city with her own personal recommendations and a hand annotated map. The room was great, comfortable, and in a good location in Born and near the Gothic Quarter and Parc de la Ciutadella.

• Economy Double Room

Room (26) we booked at first was small, not quiet and window very close to balcony neighbours. Did not feel safe having the window open.

We were dissappointed about the room in the ** location. A lot of serieus and friendly effort was made by very supportive deskstaff to find us an alternative room in the ***location and even a rooftop appartment with marvellous view in the same street.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

First of all, its not a hotel but apartment chain. Maybe thats ok for Barcelona, but I really didnt like the smell of the room, it smelled like a cat piss.. maybe its the water with chlorine, probably it is, but still room smelled like it was covered in piss, it was quite shocking to me. TV wasnt working (there was no signal), but the advert said that rooms had TVs in them, I dont like being lied to, well, technically there was a TV, yeah, but most people dont enjoy watching a blank screen In the building there were construction works that woke me up at 7:00 AM with a heavy drilling, shouldnt they warn the guests somehow? Also, cleaning lady was speaking on the loudspeaker when cleaning the neighboring room at 8:00AM and yelling really loudly for, I am not kidding, 30min, It was probably the dumbest thing I have encountered thus far in the hotels haha

Well, the room was cheap and had a pretty good location There was a free water, coffee and tea available in the lounge room Also a free wifi was a pretty OK bonus Staff at the reception were helpful and friendly, I even lost the key and had it replaced during the nighttime with no penalties

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The TV was not well working, with only 4-5 channels, and the WiFi is not always working in the room. There was also not enough hangers for towels in the bathroom, and no big mirror in the room.

The location is really great, 15 mins walk to Barceloneta beach, 3 mins walking to Franca train station, from where you can get to other cities, and metro stations are also 5-7 mins close. The building the hotel is located in is very nice, with a lovely Park de Cuitadella across the road, convenient for jogging or just gazing around. In the hotel, there is no reception desk (check in is at another hotel of the same branch around the building), but there is a nice coffee corner with fine coffee and bottles of still water to grab. The room we had was big enough for two people, very clean, super comfortable beds and a shower and a tab. Towels were cleaned every day.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a room with garden view toward to the street with busy traffic but the balcony was worth it, so dont forget to get the earplugs while you stay

Location is super - you can get everywhere by foot - beach, city center :) room was nice - comfy bed and pillows, coffee, balcony ;) we definitely recommend it especially for young couples.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet was unreliable but that appears to be the case in other locales in Spain so not sure if that's the hotels fault?

Excellent hotel. Provided the basics in a great location. Staff was great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was only 1 mirror and it was in the bathroom so couldn't use the mirror when someone was in the bathroom. Another mirror would have been nice. Apart from that minor detail there are no other negatives.

Loved the free coffee and water - really nice touch. The bed was really comfortable. The maid cleaned the room really well. Good pillows. Powerful hairdryer. Decor was lovely and quirky.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The balcony was dirty. We found TWO FAT cockroaches in the bathroom, disgusting. The reception very difficult to find, there is no indication where to go at the entrance to the hotel. After 10 in the evening the glass door in the hotel is locked and it tricky to know how to get in

Location is fantastic. Nice view on the parc from the balcony. The furniture and decoration pleasant and modern

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No reception in hotel, around the corner Difficult to get into hotel, buzzer to an intercom, then key, then another key. Biscuits weren't great. Breakfast not included

Coffee machine Air con good Free water