Reviews of Tryp Ciudad de Alicante Hotel 3 stars

Gravina, 9, 03002 Alicante, Spain

#19 of 48 hotels in Alicante

Great position near the city center and beach
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was scarce. It took the waitress over 25 minutes to bring bread. Something was always missing. Rooms were tiny, almost suffocating.

Great position near the city center and beach

• Family Room

Very rude staff man at reception told me to shut up because they had charged me for two rooms. Really rubbish customer service. Will never visit again shocking hotel

Hotel is very well positioned as it is down a backstreet in...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was construction work on a building next door to the hotel that started at 7am every day while we stayed there and finished at 7pm every evening. While it is out of the hotels hands, it would have been good to have been informed at check in as the noise and shaking of the walls was incredibly frustrating.

Hotel is very well positioned as it is down a backstreet in a nice quiet area but also right across the street from the beach and amenities! A short walk also from the castle and old town. Rooms are basic but clean. The breakfast is excellent and free coffee is offered in the hotel.

Very central and functional
    • Double or Twin Room

Hammering started in the adjacent building 8.00am till 5 pm -we eventually moved rooms but the hotel should have warned us -no long lies or afternoon snoozes

Very central and functional

Lovely hotel in a great location - shame about the human error with the overpayment!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was double charged for one night which was taken off my card before I arrived. I was lucky that my wife spotted this and I was able to ask for a refund. This refund was given without a problem but it took 8 days for the money to be returned into my account. This affected our stay as our spending money was greatly reduced

The hotel was lovely and the family room very clean and spacious. The location was perfect very near the beach and right in the middle of the town

Comfortable and satisfying
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast option was very good and great value and having reasonable parking, if a little tight, made life easy. Close to the beach and other attractions and helpful staff made our short stay terrific

Brilliant choice of hotel and location
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Shower needed careful attention so as not to flood the bathroom. Some mosquitos at night. Killed some but had to go and buy wristbands to deter them for the last night.

Very convenient to everything - the beach, the marina and the esplanade. Town Hall Close by. Also cathedral and Santa Maria church. And the spectacular castillo is very easily reached. We chose to walk up and down rather than use the funicular and views en route we're great. The little Santa Cruz typical Spanish District is also within 5 minutes walk. Loads of good restaurants on the animated Explanada de Espana.

Good for a short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately I left some expensive food i was taking to my elderly Mother, but reception was not informed by house keeping and although I had left my luggage in reception and returned as soon as I realised I’d forgotten to pack the food it had disappeared. My mistake for forgetting it, but it would have been nice if housekeeping could have given me a couple of hours before claiming it!!

I have stayed here before, it is ideal for short stays. It is close to the beach, marina, old town and restaurants. Although as is usual in Spanish hotels there are no coffee or tea making facilities in the room, there is a free coffee and tea making area in reception. Beds are comfy and I think most rooms have some sort of balcony, it’s also fairly quiet.

Going back home ;)

Friendly, contemporary hotel, amazing staff, a few steps to the beach, old town with restaurants, and a castle. Highly recommend.

Amazing staff and great breakfast!
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing place to stay, great location and Fantastic breakfast!!! All the staff is really nice and the best part of it was while we've done the check-out we were wondering about carring our luggage, so surprising to just saying this tp the lady whoch was doing the check-out paperwork and suddently she turn to us saying they could keep our bags for a couple of hours, so we could enjoy the day without dragging them everywhere!! Amazing experience. Recommended!!!

Great wee four day break with my daughter. .4th time staying with yourselves x
    • Double or Twin Room

But noisy through the nite due to bin lorries collecting rubbish 😦

Excellent location for beach...plenty restaurants and hard within east walking distance.

Very friendly receptionist.
    • Double or Twin Room

Really bad bed, no blanket and we were quite cold during the night. Very small parking and quite expensive for what was offered taking into consideration that one had to leave the keys at the reception.

Very friendly receptionist.

I wouldn´t come back.
    • Double or Twin Room

The attention was bad, not friendly and the guy seemed to be upset to attend. Too much light though the window becouse of the curtain being broken.

the location is good

The hotel was in perfect position near to beach, restaurant,...

The lifts is small

The hotel was in perfect position near to beach, restaurant, lift to the castle and bus C6 for the airport Very good value for money

• Double or Twin Room

We had requested in advance to make sure we have a double bed in the room however when we arrived we were given twin beds. When we asked to exchanged the man at reception said there was no more! This was very disappointed as we purposely asked in advance!

Location is good.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms hot as no air con. I know it was only April but the rooms were still very warm. Noisy neighbours next door on last night of first stay. Slow check in.

Great location. Comfortable beds. Bathrooms spacious. Stayed twice. Second time room was better as we had a city view - first room was a courtyard.

The wall was too thin.
    • Double or Twin Room

The biggest and the only problem was that the wall was so thin that you could hear literally EVERYTHING!! A couple staying the next room came back at the middle of the night and started doing their business. I was staying with my younger child and I felt so awkward, just kept hoping the noise wouldn't wake my boy up. I hardly slept well. It was the most stressful night I have ever had. I believe there was another couple stayed the next night, they did again!! I was prepared with earplugs but the noise was too big for earplugs to mute all the noise. The third night, there was 2 men...they came back 3:30am and kept talking. The location was perfect, but I would never use this hotel again.

The room is spacious, fairly clean, the mattress was very comfortable, staff were polite and friendly.

Great location and hotel but get there early if you want to park!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The website advertised car parking but when we arrived they advised us that the car park was now full so we had to find parking on the street. Also we asked for some milk to be brought up to the room for a coffee and we didn't receive any.

Great location, the bedroom was lovely and clean. The bathroom was really nice with a big shower.

Excellent value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception a bit cramped. Room good for single person. Would be cramped for two.

Very good location. Good value breakfast. Friendly staff. Comfortable room

Overall the hotel and staff were lovely. Just perfect for a city break
    • Double or Twin Room

The appearance of the hotel out the front was lovely but the surrounding street looked very run down. This has no reflection on the hotel just the surrounding area.

The central location of the hotel was ideal for walking to everywhere we needed to go.

Somewhere to lay your head, that's all.
    • Double or Twin Room

Paper-thin walls means you could hear everything from next door. Bathroom needed updating. Shower gel not refilled during whole stay. No bar or social area in reception.

Hotel under refurbishment
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

We booked the hotel for 2 nights and quickly realised that we only wanted to stay for one but the hotel staff were not keen to give us a refund for the next night declaring that we had to give 24 hours notice. This was impossible as we had only booked it an hour previously. To add to this there was noisy building work going on in the building which interrupted our siesta and the bathroom was very worn out. Also cold breakfast room. I sat in my coat.

Comfortable bed, nice sized room. Good breakfast

The room was excellent, and I had a lovely holiday.
    • Double or Twin Room

I would have liked a safe box in the room, and a non slip mat in the shower

It was a lovely room, with a view of the sea and Castillo mountain. Windows which opened easily, blackout curtains, and daylight in the bathroom. The room was fairly quiet at night and the location of the hotel in a quiet backstreet, but very near the beach was perfect.

Poor soundproofing

Great location. Very close to the beach. Lots of food nearby. Also easy to get to and from the airport as the C6 bus stop is just 2 min walk away.

Highly recommened.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is really well positioned in Alicante. It is easy to find being just over the road from the Airport drop off bus. It is five minutes walk from the entrance tunnel to the Castle, the Barrio, the gorgeous long sandy beach, the marina with its open top bus tour, the old town and the Explanada. The hotel is clean and modern, with free coffee offered . Our good sized room even had a small balcony with views of the castle. Such a bonus as we could see the sunset over it the first evening we arrived! Staff were pleasant. An excellent choice for our winter sun break in the city.

Cosy hotel, wonderful location
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was large but there was almost no place to put our toilets and cosmetics. Same problem in the shower - no shelf to put shampoo.

Great location: very close to the restaurants, to the beach, to main attractions and stores. Easy parking, comfortable bed.

Excellent location and perfect comfort
    • Double or Twin Room

Perhaps the staff could be a little more smiley, open although they were polite and helpful. I would have liked the facility to make a tea or coffee in my room or to carry to my room

Comfort and cleanliness were outstanding as was the location

This 2 night stop over was better in some ways than the 2 nights the week before.
    • Double or Twin Room

On this occasion it was very noisy. Families on both nights were in the room next door and you cold here every movement and voice. Also late at night people in the corridor talking would wake me. It has no soundproofing.

Friendliness and helpfulness of the reception staff. This time there was a black out curtain behind the net one so I felt more private in the room.

Convenient location
    • Double or Twin Room

I personally do not dislike the hotel in any way, but some might want to take the following into consideration: Photos of the rooms were accurate to the extent of the view. I knew that it wouldn’t be a clear view of the beach by looking at the location, but the photos show that the beach is right outside. I was, however, able to see a glimpse of the beach between 2 buildings from my window. The hotel is accessed by several steps, so, although it wasn’t a problem for myself, some may need to reconsider.

I checked in with Julie who was very friendly. She gave us a map, suggested attractions and answered all our questions. She also greeted us each time we walked in and out of the hotel. The hotel is in the middle of old town. The beach was a minutes walk from the hotel. It was convenient and surrounded by recommended restaurants on tripadvisor. Overall, very pleased with my stay

One night in Alicante
    • Double or Twin Room

The room walls were thin so could hear occupants in next room and room was cold upon arrival

Excellent location spotless clean, good size room and friendly staff wit a free tea coffee machine in lobby

Thoroughly enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking was difficult due to the space available but like other hotels we have stayed in parking is at a premium.

Location was excellent, we were given a free upgrade which meant a balcony, very well received. Overall we really enjoyed our time and would definitely book again if the price is right.

Great location but poor quality accommodation.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms far too noisy, continual banging of doors along corridors, no sound proofing between rooms. Honestly who wants to hear a man giving verbal abuse to his partner every night ?? Then there’s the bin lorries if you are unfortunate enough to have a room at the back of hotel. Reving engines at various early hours all night. A one off hopefully, but we had no hot water on our last night, staff couldn’t have cared less, was told to just use it. Still wasn’t fixed by time we left in the morning.

Location to old town and port. Quick taxi ride between airport and city.

A great overnight stop.
    • Double or Twin Room

The parking was a very tight, steep and scary experience and it cost 12 euros a day. The hotel does not offer any bar or restaurant facilities. Guests were asked not to use the water from 10am on the day we were (luckily) leaving until told otherwise.

Room was spacious, very clean and super bathroom with a bath as well as a shower. Breakfast provided a great selection of all sorts. The hotel had parking facilities. The reception staff were efficient. The location was amazing, right below the castle, one street from the marina and a very short walk in to town.

Perfect localization close to bars, restaurants and to the...

Perfect localization close to bars, restaurants and to the beach, room very clean, personel helpful and friendly. Besides Alicante is perfect place to visit.

Alicante is a very nice place, the beach is wonderful and don’t miss the castle it is well worth it!
    • Double or Twin Room

That they were clearing the breakfast buffet before you were finished and before breakfast time was officially over,

Breakfast was OK , the scrambled eggs were terrible, dry and hard. The cakes were very nice and so was the fruit salad.

Ideal for my overnight stay, close to all facilities and...

Ideal for my overnight stay, close to all facilities and very near the beach of Alicante. Great for a few days in Alicante but not,in my opinion, for a long stay as I would prefer a beach resort. Lovely promenade, restaurants, walking distance to big stores etc. The female on reception was very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay there again and more often if the cost of a single room was more reasonable.

I continue to be amazed at the price of a single. I paid nearly as much for a very small, but adequate room as my two friends paid for a double room. While they had two breakfasts, obviously I only had one breakfast. It does seem unjust to always be penalised in this way!

Apart from the eggs, the range of food offered at breakfast was good. Precooked eggs are never as good as freshly cooked eggs. Staff were always very pleasant and helpful. The chamber maid was really pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for her.

Good
    • Double or Twin Room

The lighting in my room was very poor; the room had a window opened to the patio that gave me bad feeling. The hotel was not able to charge my credit card for the deposit for an unknown reason which was annoying with receiving so many emails.

The location was really good. The breakfast was very fresh and good.

GREAT HOTEL WITH A GOOD LOCATION!! BREAKFAST IS GOOD!
    • Double or Twin Room

Check-In procedures to be a bit faster and a bit more flexibility won't hurt. To get in and out of the garage is not that easy,very tight and spaces are limited.

The location is great,breakfast very good,rooms a bit small.

A lovely overnight stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a little difficult locating the hotel even with sat nav as it is tucked away in a little street. The one way system doesn't help either. The signage could be a bit ( well quite a bit!) bigger. May be more detailed instructions could be added??

The location was just off the main area of seafront. We were able to walk to the port area & shops easily. The motorcycle was safely parked in an underground garage.

Loved Alicante and loved this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very busy and not enough tables for the number of people and we twice had to eat breakfast on a settee in reception area. Wouldn't put us off returning tho - just a point to make.

Location of the hotel was excellent - 2 mins walk from beach & marina but on a quiet street so no noise at night. Reception staff very friendly & helpful. We hired beach towels for 5 euros each which was great as we only took carry on luggage. Breakfast was fine with plenty choice. Would def stay again.

Absolutely beautiful hotel, don't look any further, just book it
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Simply perfect. Worth every penny.

Me and my wife stayed here for four days and it was simply wonderful. The hotel is perfectly located, very close to the beach and to the best restaurants and shops. We had a room at the 5th floor (last floor) which sported an amazingly large terrace overlooking the castle. Aside from that, the room itself is large and has a very modern bathroom. Wonderful staff as well, always ready to help. The one thing we can't really understand is how come this hotel is only 3 stars - it should be 4 stars easily.

Perfect relaxing visit.
    • Double or Twin Room

This is my 3rd trip to this hotel. It gets better every time. The staff are friendly and courteus. Our room was bright and spotlessly clean. The location is hard to beat, 2 minutes from beach and 5 minutes from restuarants and night life.

Very nice place, near to the beach.
    • Double or Twin Room

The confort of the bed and pillows.

The beach is very close to the hotel. The breakfast is very varied: eggs, jamon, fruits, milk, juices, croissant, bread, coffee, tea. The staff is helpful and they are always smile. The hotel has shops and restaurants nearby. The C6 bus from the aeroport is to next street.

Good location, friendly helpful staff. Lovely restaurants round about.
    • Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything not to like

Good sized room although first room offered was not acceptable. Offered a larger room within 10 mins. Good breakfast with fresh produce, staff very efficient ensuring food replenished and tables cleared. Great location

Brilliant location. Be adventurous and walk up to the old town for food and drink
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Underground parking is very tight, but being in the city, it's good they offer parking 2 Lifts are very small, but quick

Very good Wi-Fi Very friendly staff from front desk to chamber maids. Brilliant location Big family room with lots of space

Very nice budgeted hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The room size was really small and there was unpleasant smell in the bathroom.

The location of the hotel is really good-just across the beach. The staff were nice but they did not speak english fluently. The breakfast was also very good.

Friendly and comfortable hotel positioned well.

We originally booked into an apartment, but these have not yet been renovated and were old and things chipped and broken. We were moved to 2 hotel rooms with no argument, which are modern and very nice.

The restaurant was lovely with an excellent menu del dia. Views from the 7th floor restaurant were beautiful. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Nice hotel bedrooms but ask if you want a good view.

Very comfortable hotel, ideal for a city break with the added advantage of the beach
    • Double or Twin Room

Underground parking would have been easier with a smaller car but was perfectly adequate.

Excellent location, much closer to beach than appeared on the map, right next to the marina, castle, restaurants, bars and shops

Great spot
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

There's no pool, bar or evening restaurant but that didn't bother us too much as we were so close to the beach and places to eat

Great location with an amazing view of the castle from our very spacious balcony

Short stay break.

A bit of noise outside but it was wk end. Very busy at breakfast .the dining area was small.

Good location.great for beach.castle and shops.The hotel had its own underground car park.a bit pricey but peace of mind.staff was very helpful.

A fantastic hotel in a perfect location for a city break, shhhhhh don't tell everyone !!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower head was leaking a bit but useable and there was always plenty of hot water.

This is the best hotel we have stayed in around the port/beach area. It was our friends 70th birthday and they received an upgrade to a superior room. This wasn't requested but was a nice touch which we really appreciated. We had a standard room on the same floor which was spacious and very clean and comfortable. Every member of staff was pleasant, happy and smiling , nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast room was bright and clean with a very good selection of food. In fact for a 3 star hotel it was the equivalent of some 4 stars we have stayed in. A nice touch was the free tea and coffee available in the reception area at all times.We will definitely use this hotel again.

Kindness of the staff.

the room was small

Kindness of the staff. Position close to the beatch. It was possible to sea only few centimeters of the see from the window but I should say that the sea-view was not advertised.

Great few day there ,weather fab ,what more can u ask for ,🌞😁
    • Double or Twin Room

Just breakfast a bit busy from 9 to 10,last night staying there was a concert at back off hotel so a bit loud well after 12 ,

Room was lovely ,ask for balcony room,didn't get but next time we go hopefully we get one ,great location for going around the city ,beach across the road ,breakfast at a bit busy from 9 to 10 but other then that we had a great fees day there ,weather was fab too ,so we be back ,👍😁

Great location. Nice Hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location , nice hotel, very good breakfast . But there was a little down side..There was a very bad odour coming from room or bathroom at all times. I do think this was an outside problem. I mentioned it at reception and a gentleman said it would be dealt with. What they did was they left an extra card so as the air conditioning could be allowed to stay onthe whole time.Card was removed the following money which Looked odour to regurn I do think the owners are well aware of this problem. As they didn't seem alarmed when I first mentioned the problem. It was not a problem the cleaning lady could solve,as otherwise the room was immaculate. I would return but would not stay in room..... .

Yes the bed was very comfortable. Staff. We're very nice. Taxi was very prompt on departure

Great location near beach, marina, promanade and restaurants.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast area is very small.

The hotel's location is great, as it is very close to the beach and marina area, as well as restaurants and promenade. Bus stops near the hotel. Breakfast was goo, more than enough to eat. Tasty chocolate mousse and cheese cake to end the breakfast! Room was more comfortable. Lovely coffee facilities in the foyer for all guests.

Good location, but smell of drains in the room
    • Double or Twin Room

The room smelled of drains and there was a dehumidifier in the room. unfortunately there was a street party right outside our room, so sleep was difficult, but not much the hotel could do about that.

Breakfast area rather cramped and noisy but reasonable selection of food. Much of the fruit on offer was tinned.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good centrally located hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

No mirror in the room apart from mirror wardrobe but there was no plug socket near to the wardrobe to plug in a hairdryer etc. Mirror on the wall would be good.

Air conditioning was very good. Hotel is in an excellent location. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Our trip
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is just near the beach and restaurants. The marina is also near the hotel. Bars and discos were far from the hotel, approx. 15 min walking time. It was very hot in the hotel and it was May. So probably it will be much hotter in July or August. Overall is a good hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Hidden Jewel!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

I wish we could have stayed longer.

The staff was amazing and helped us to immediately feel welcome and comfortable. They were very helpful, kind and cheerful! Our room was clean and comfortable and the terrace was so nice; we enjoyed sitting outside in the mornings drinking coffee from the lobby, and the evenings when we enjoyed beer and wine from the Express around the corner. The location was only one block from the beach and the Explanada de Espana. We relaxed completely and hope to return in the future!

• Double or Twin Room

When the air con was used it left a very bad smell in room. No views from our side of the hotel, we were looking into people's apartments..

Very clean hotel. Staff at reception were usually friendly and helpful. The location was close to everything.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Excellent hotel!

I have no complaints!

Excellent hotel. Very helpful staff at reception, including a very pleasant Swedish lady, who was very bubbly and willing to help at a moment's notice.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

perfect QUIET location, friendly staff,

We liked everything.

the location of hotel, good night's sleep, no noise, comfy bed, proximity to all the attractions, cleanliness of room and excellent job done by Ester who cleaned our room every day.

Ideal location, for city, beach, and sights
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing not to like

locationl is ideal for visiting st, Nicholas cathedral, santa maria church, open 10.00am -12.00 noon and 6.00p.m - 8.00p.m - fabulous beach across road and numerous walks through beautiful paved promenades with plenty of seating to rest along the way. Walking distance to city. Lovely restaurants along side streets all serving good quality food at reasonable prices - Breakfast buffet is small but good quality. bacon very tasty, sausages, scrambled / hard boiled eggs, cheese, cold meats and ham, pastries, rolls, bread, fruit, melon, peaches, dates, prunes, yogurts, tea/coffee/ juices. The hotel is at start of old quarter just off promenade so its lovely and quiet at night, no bar or entertainment so good night sleep. Staff very nice especially Ester, she cleaned our room every day spotless and nothing was any trouble to her, also dining room staff very nice and all staff on reception Except one older lady with short black hair and her English wasn't good not very accommodating. Free coffee/tea available at reception near dining room. Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The location is really spot-on.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast restaurant have not space enough to accomodate so many people. If the hotel is fully booked. I can recommend to eat breackfast in one of the many restaurants nearby.

The location is really spot-on. Close to the beach, restaurants and everything you need is within walking distance. Nice and Clean.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great Location! Avoid Room 501
    • Double or Twin Room

Room 501.Small room. Would have been difficult to have suitcases in there, we only had 2, relatively small, backpacks and that was a squeeze! The window opened across the bed. No view! Just an interior light well. Aircon not working efficiently. Extremely cramped car parking with tight corners and small spaces ( and we had a small car!)

Excellent bed. Compared to the room a good sized bathroom. Very clean. Great location for sea front, restaurants etc Underground car parking @ 15 Euros a night.Had to open the window to control the room temperature!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Clean, but breakfast awful!
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was pretty poor, I have to say. Cooked breakfast looked like it had been standing for a while and looked unattractive. Coffee was like tar. Happy to book a room at this hotel again, but will take desayuno elsewhere in the town next time.

Extremely clean hotel in an excellent location - central yet close to the shore. Bed and bathoom excellent. Very helpful front desk staff when I arrived, including preparing an ironing board and iron for me when I needed to iron a shirt.

Best hotel in ages!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely size room with balcony, excellant breakfast, and staff were really nice and friendly and helpful. I would go back to this hotel if and when I visit Alicante again.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Good hotel in convenient location for beach, shops, restaurants and castle.
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking seemed expensive and very cramped so it was difficult to park. Bedroom floor needed cleaning.

Beds were clean and comfortable. Air-con useful. Free wi-fi good. Lady in reception very helpful. She directed us to a wonderful local tapas bar.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Visit Alicante, stay here and you will have a lovely time.

Have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a problem, checking in easy, value for money and fantastic location for beach, seafront, port and old town.

Nice hotel in a perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

There are no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms although there is a coffee machine in reception which is free of charge. There is no safe in the room. A few more hangers would have been useful

The rooms were spacious and clean. There are 2 lifts. The location is perfect for the beach and the town. The staff were knowledgeable and polite. They spoke good English.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

We had a beautiful stay nice and relaxing
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Terrace

Not enough coffee in room

I booked two premiere rooms with balcony was really great we had a great time lots of walking and shopping and drinking at night

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Position.
    • Double or Twin Room

The place is looking a bit tired and could do with a bit of a makeover. But the room was clean the shower hot so all in all a nice place to stay

Position. Very close to the beach and bars

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Excellent city hotel for a short stay

No drawers for clothes only wardrobe.airconditioning could be more powerful.if we were there in summer it would be too hot in the room.

Excellent location.helpful staff.cleanliness

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Wouldn't return.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no soundproofing and you can hear everything from the next room and outside. Two nights really bad sleep! Also there is a really strong smell of wet dog fur in the corridors, not sure if this because of the renovation woks currently being undertaken though.

The size of the room was very good and it was lovely and bright, although very sparse furniture wise. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful when we couldn't get the A/C unit working.