Reviews of Tryp Jerez Hotel 4 stars

Marqués de Casa Domeq, 13, 11403 Jerez de la Frontera, Spain

#6 of 33 hotels in Jerez de la Frontera

The location is ideally located, not in the very center but...

The location is ideally located, not in the very center but just a very short walk. It is a great place to stay. My room was spacious, but without a view. There is parking optionally available in the hotel. Very nice hotel, the staff is not fluent in English.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

An excellent , very enjoyable stay.

Cooked items at breakfast were greasy and the eggs well over cooked.

Very friendly helpful staff. Also, one of our group had a birthday and the reception noted this from the passport then provided cake! Nice touch!

Generally enjoyed our stay...not a place Jerez would we re visit..
    • Premium Room with Terrace

Staff advice on eating out..was recommended place for lunch.. was awful ..not clean either...

Excellent size with terrace...very comfortable bed& very clean..

Check awful worst experience in 24 years of staying in hotels in Spain They did not understand the British do not have 2 surnames however if I paid 9 euros they would remember this next time I visited. Felt like they were making difficulties to ge5 extra money from us. Took 20 mins to check in, just visited Sanlucar and checking was less than 2 mins. We will avoid all tryp hotels in future.

Central location in Jerez

Nothing to dislike.

Lovely comfortable hotel. Centrally located close to Plaza Arenal and surrounding bars and restaurants. Staff friendly and helpful. On site parking very welcome. Would return.

A must do! Staff, location and hotel were all amazing!

We arrived in Jerez at 11:00 am. Check in was supposed to be 3. We had hoped to simply store our luggage. The gentleman at the front desk said it would not be a problem to check in immediately. He has extremely kind and helpful with restaurant suggestions. I would give the staff at Tryp Hotel in Jerez a solid 10. They must not have a place where one can print things, but they were more than happy to have us send them an email and they printed our boarding passes for us. Clean, clean, clean!!!! The location was better than we could have hoped for.

A great hotel at a fair price.
    • Premium Room with Terrace

Hotel Tryp is in a great location for visiting all the main sites and restaurants,it has an excellent garage,staff are first class friendly and helpful,breakfast was excellent infact a really nice hotel at a reasonable price.

Homely, friendly and clean.... Highly recommended

The only potentially negative think was that we thought we would be staying in Cadiz (as that is what I typed into Booking.com), however, the guesthouse is actually situated on the other side of the bay. We had no complaints though as El Puerto de Santa Maria was also interesting and easy to get to Cadiz with a cheap 30 min boat trip.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by Carlos and he was very helpful throughout in advising us where to go and even lent us beach towels for the beach. The bed was very comfortable and huge! The breakfast was great value for 4 Euros. Lovely breads and spreads with a real homely feel. Highly recommend.

A wonderful location close to all the sights.

A wonderful location close to all the sights. Recommendations by Francis at reception were very helpful...especially the restaurants he suggested. Was an excellent selection for breakfast. Would highly recommend this hotel.

It's my second stay at the hotel Tryp and I would...

It's my second stay at the hotel Tryp and I would definitely recommend it The hotel is in a perfect location for shopping sightseeing and restaurants It's great value for money

Centrally located.
    • Premium Room

Expensive for room only but it was Feria week.

Centrally located. What you would expect from a chain hotel. Tea and coffee and an iron all in the room - a rarity. Alfonso on reception was very welcoming.

Perfect for a family.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The food in the restaurant was mediocre and the service was slow.

The family room was great. They had a crib set up in the room for our 11-month-old when we arrived and our 3 year old loved the themed room, game table and bunk bed.

Close to city center !

The only thing for us are the beds which could be a little bit softer.

Nice hotel close to the city center of Jerez. Good private parking facilities underground. The staff is very informative and helpfull. Good breakfast buffet with enough to choose.

Very disappointed with attitude of lady staff member.
    • Twin Room with View

I forgot a small note book which I inadvertently left in my room. I telephoned the hotel 2 hours after leaving and the notebook was located and taken to reception., I asked if it could be posted/couriered to an address in Madrid where I would be staying later in the month. I offered to pay any costs for either post or courier service. I was told that this was not possible as they' had no one who could take the package to the post nor could they arrange a courier.' I would have to arrange a courier myself. I tried this but could not do so when I was travelling. I phoned back again and spoke to the same lady who again refused to help even though I again reiterated that I would cover any costs involved. She was very unhelpful and refused to assist me and terminated the conversation. Very Very Very disappointed with such service from a 4* hotel.

Check in gentleman was excellent - very helpful. When you read my comments below - I would not like my comments to reflect on the efficiency and helpfulness of the check in staff. It solely relates to the lost property/housekeeping lady whom I dealt with. Location is excellent.

Nice location, make sure the A/C works!!

A/C did not work and the room was sweltering. Found out the next morning that they had not turned it on! Nice to know, AFTER the fact!

Very convenient location and helpful staff.

Excellent choice in the city centre

Loved this hotel. Every hotel we stayed in was spotless but this one was immaculate! Staff great, really good information. They also have a nice little noticeboard where they ask guests to put up a post-it about a restaurant, a sight or a shop they recommend - great idea. Also decent with the parking - let us leave our car in the garage until 17:00 next evening - meant no worrying about meters etc. for our entire stay.

Very enjoyable overnight stay.

Breakfast! The Bacon was cold, eggs were greasy. Only two yoghurt were left. Very poor replenishment of hot food. No one to meet and greet us on arrival.

Friendly and helpful check in staff. Clean room, comfy beds, nice towels, great selection of complementary toiletries.

Hotel with great central location
    • Premium Room with Terrace

The room was not the most practical, there was no room to sit at the desk and not much space to keep the suitcase, but we still loved it!

The room was very modern and bright, large comfortable bed. We had a massive terrace with table and chairs and sun loungers very welcome after a hard day sightseeing. Breakfast had a good variety. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby.

Family friendly and amaizing staff
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Only thing is that the room can get a bit warm. The air conditioning could be better.

Great hotel for families. We stayed at the Parchís family room with our two children and our baby. The children loved the bunk beds and the themed room. The staff are extremely helpful and provided a great cot for the baby. There were small presents and complementary sweets and a welcome card. Breakfast is delicious and varied. Location is the best, in the centre of Jerez and everything is walking distance. Still, very quiet and beds are very comfortable. I’d definitively come back!

A Tryp too far

The first room we were shown looked out on a small courtyard from a small window on a narrow courtyard where you could almost touch the other rooms window . The noise from the heating system below us was very loud and the room incredibly dark through the lack of natural light and the rather trendy dimmed lighting some hotel chains are going in for but not great for a couple of wrinklies ! Reception changed our room to overlook a slightly larger courtyard from a much larger window and no heating system noise so quickly it resurrected my belief that perhaps there are booking.com designated rooms ? This darkness idea also translates at this hotel to corridors and lift areas. However the seating area in reception is bright, airy and if you like IKEA furniture a veritable paradise. Our room was small with yet another huge wardrobe. What is this Spanish hotel love of huge wardrobes that fill rooms ? Are we the only people that just come for a couple of nights ? The bathroom was shall we say very compact .

I'm always suspicious of hotel chains that come up branding ideas that mainly are about a clever name and a few changes often not for the better . So I was wary of Melia's Tryp which i guess is trip using the Spanish pronunciation of y . Luckily all they seem to have done is turn the lights down and become Ikea's largest Spanish customer as I mentioned above ! On the plus side the bar prices at the very pleasant bar with really friendly bar staff are the same as outside which is something I wish many other hotels would follow. That said the optional breakfast was expensive so with much choice within a stone's throw of the hotel doors making the decision not to bother a no brainer

Great Hotel and Location Perfect

It would have been nice to have a kettle in the room, for coffee and tea. I knew before hand that there were no facilties so brought a travel kettle

The hotel was in a great location, close to all sites The staff were very friendly and helpful It was great value for money and so very clean everywhere in the Hotel

Nice hotel well situated in the centre if Jerez

There was only one person on reception and I waited for near 15 minutes to be attended to. The room was very small with a tiny obscure window giving a view of some large service pipes in a very small enclosure. The bathroom had a damp musty smell - I stayed for such a short time i had no time to complain about it. Car parking was expensive at 11 euros per night.

The hotel is well situated. The room and beds were nice and clean. The receptionist I spoke to was very professional, spoke good English and was friendly and helpful.

We were very pleased.

Nothing, except perhaps a coffee lounge for during the day. (There was an evening bar). There was a coffee shop and bar just a few metres away.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, the rooms nice, the bed comfortable and the staff very helpful.

We checked out the following morning as the hotel room did not meet our expectation, more suitable f

view from the bed into a wall space or light well it was like a box room.

There was no flair or character of the Hotel room. No facility to hang the coat next to door, I forgot to take my coat on leaving as it was stowed away in the tiny cupboard. There was only one chair in the room and we were 2 people.

Superb hotel a stones throw from town!
    • Twin Room with View

Tea and coffee facilities in tne room ( but thats very Engkish,).

Reception excellent. Room exceptionally comfortable, great parking and only a short stroll from town!

Perfect location to walk to all tourist sites. Clean modern friendly hotel.

View from the room.....internal walls and air ducts! Bidet makes bathroom cramped.

Large room. Comfortable beds. Crisp linen. Very helpful receptionist lady.

Great location , short walk everywhere .
    • Premium Room

Nothing , reception staff could not have been more helpful ..

Great location , short walk everywhere . We had a nice room , a little small but with a very large terrace that more than made up for it , good bathroom with robes ect .Breakfast was also good and was open till 11. Car parking was convenient and reasonably priced .

Perfect place to explore Jerez.

Nothing, though it would have been nice to get a room upgrade as our room didn't have a kettle.

Reception staff were very pleasant informative and welcoming. Underground parking at the hotel was very convenient and the hotel is well located for a walk into the centre of Jerez. Drinks and snacks at the hotel bar were not overpriced.

Nice rooms, clean and the one we had was big enough.
    • Twin Room with View

Our room was at the main street side. Isolation was not that good and outside the hotel there was a lot of noise of people going en coming home form parties en a parking of scooters just below our window.

Nice rooms, clean and the one we had was big enough. Stayed there at Xmas-eve enjoying the party and music in the city.

Excellent hotel in a good location.

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a very good range of accessories in the bathroom. The breakfast is excellent and well worth the money, it would have been difficult to have found the equivalent in a local cafe. The receptionist was very helpful with tourist info and bookings.

We had a wonderful 2 day stay at this hotel, and if i ever go back to jerez, i would stay here again

The only littke thi g i did not like was when they made up our room, they forgot to give us a bath mat for the floor. We had to use the hand towel instead.

The hotel is well located and staff are friendly and helpful
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Sitting area in reception could be more comfortable and atmospheric! Overall the hotel is comfortable but lacks atmosphere and a sense of luxury even at the most basic level .

The beds were comfortable, and bedrooms clean! The reception area is quite sparse and lacks a sense of comfort! Breakfast room is basic and when we went to sample the cookies at breakfast on Sunday there was Mould on them!

Tryp Jerez is a very good hotel, comfortable, located right...

Tryp Jerez is a very good hotel, comfortable, located right in the heart of the city. It's perfect for a business trip, like in this case. The quality-price ratio was more than fair.

I will definitely stay here again.
    • Twin Room with View

Although it was in the centre of town which is great for getting around but not always great for sleeping well, it was really quiet. The staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast was fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel

Staff were super friendly, fab breakfast buffet and great...

Bath / shower could have been better. The interior lacked the charm of the exterior.

Staff were super friendly, fab breakfast buffet and great location.

Great breakfast;

The cheap disco music during breakfast was a bit weird. Why not relaxed quiet music for a smooth start into the day? Furthermore, I confirm the noise issues raised by previous guests. Walls are thin, so ear plugs are definitely helpful. Parking fee of 10€ is rather pricey I find. A very good alternative is the public parking just in front of the hotel, where one day costs only 5€.

Great breakfast; fresh products and good choice, even churros!! Very helpful and friendly stuff. Clean and comfortable room. Given the price, very high value for money ratio.

Good hotel, but unhelpful staff.

Staff was unhelpful and inefficient. Check-in process seemed to take an eternity, and after we left the staff was most unhelpful in retrieving an adapter we had accidentally left in one of the rooms.

Very comfortable rooms in an excellent location, close to all major sights of Jerez. Good breakfast selection.

Centrally Located Friendly Hotel

I hated the bathroom! The glass around the tub was on a hinge which swung out awkwardly and bonked into the sink allowing water to leak on to the floor. The way the removable shower head was attached made it hard to find an angle at which to get clean and still keep the spray pointed into the bath while showering. The tub itself was set very high and was a bit difficult to get in/out of gracefully. Persons with mobility issues beware!

This hotel was a quick and easy walk to all of the major sights in Jerez. Check in/out process was simple and they were happy to hold our bags for a few hours while we waited for our train. Breakfast was really nice! We stuck with the Spanish menu items and were quite pleased. We took the slight up-sell for a room with a view, which I think was worth it. However, the view is of the street which can be fairly noisy at night. If you are a light sleeper, stick with an interior room.

Location was very nice.

I was rather surprised at the spartan appearance of the room in this "4 star" rated hotel. It was just ok. Plus it was rather noisy.

Location was very nice. Bathroom large and nicely appointed. Breakfast was good with much variety. Many street signs to help you find the hotel, and you will need them to find the tricky route to the underground parking.

Would go back if wifi sorted and not to room over atrium.

The wifi was inconsistent and not very powerful. Our room (412) face a kind of atrium area which was very noisy and echoey from time to time, but everything was quite during the night.

The staff at reception were very helpful. The beds were large. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.

Adequate hotel, very central to all the attractions of Jerez.

The shower was very basic. Our room faced a brick wall, part of an inner quadrangle, so very little natural light and no view. No coffees making facility in room.

The hotel is very central to all the attractions of Jerez, all within easy walking distance. No need for taxis.

excellent hotel relatively close to the center of town.

the checking in was relatively very slow and too many papers needed to he filled out and signed

excellent hotel relatively close to the center of town.

Excellent stay and can't wait to return!

The accommodations were excellent. The reception staff were particularly nice and helpful. The wonderful buffet breakfast was reasonably priced. The location of the hotel in terms of touring could not be better.

Good hotel in a superb position.

Good position gives you access to the centre of Jerez by foot. The hotel is a mixture of modern with some nice historic features. Great breakfast. If you can get a room with outside terrace, go for it. Perfect for ca glas of Manzanilla before going out for dinner!

Good enough
    • Twin Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Cheap design interior. Awful noise isolation - you hear everything what your neighbours do.

Good location and breakfast. Friendly and helpful receptionist.

The hotel is in a good central and quiet location.
    • Twin Room with View

No coffee or tea making facilities in the room or foyer.

The hotel is in a good central and quiet location. Our room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good value.

Great place to stay

the location is really convenient, walking distance from the city center (bars and restaurants). The staff at reception provided with good recommendations for places to eat, and things to do. They offer a good breakfast buffet.

Hotel was spacious and clean, same for the rooms and...

Hotel staff didn't speak much English and check-in took a long time. You need instructions to find the hotel parking and we ended up circling the little parks a couple of times before finding the correct entry. The beds even though very wide and elegant looking were much too soft so I wasn't that comfortable. All in all it was a good hotel, but we were expecting it to be fantastic considering that the town of Jerez is not as popular with tourists as other Andalusian towns and the ~100 euro/night price which was probably the most expensive in all our vacation

Hotel was spacious and clean, same for the rooms and bathrooms. The parking provided was a lot less cramped than what you usually find in Spain.

Excellent, would return without question
    • Twin Room with View

Dungeon breakfast room. Not great, given the building's surroundings. I would have preferred a view.

Location, five minutes' walk from the centre. Heritage buildings all around.

Perfect location for sightseeing and tapas bars.

Coffee machine in room.

Beds very comfortable and great variety breakfast. Close to all things of interesting to us personally. Hadn't noticed €10 daily charge for parking. Pedestrian streets adequate it very comfortable.

Great stay, good location, some restyling needed in the main lobby area
    • Premium Room

The room we had was at the front of the hotel and was consequently rather noisy from the traffic. The curtains were rather flimsy and did not keep the light out enough. The building is imposing and stylish from the outside but when you go into the lobby/reception area it is quite surprising - looks as if somebody has been to 'Ikea' or similar modern furniture store and bought up a variety of items from clearance. All very random, trying to be stylish in a modern way, but for me it doesn't work in this setting. The bar is also located in this area, it is very small, unwelcoming and with a very poor selection of drinks. The tables & chairs around the bar area are not at all inviting or comfortable.

Good breakfast. Very comfortable room with tea & coffee making facilities provided. The reception staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Comfortable convenient hotel with lovely big rooms

Parking was an extra €10 a night. This was rather a lot when we found all other car parks nearby were between 0 - €5 for 24 hours

Great location within a short walk of the central square.

Excellent stay and nothing was really more than 20 minutes walk away from Hotel
    • Twin Room with View

Paid extra for car park but actually there was free on street parking at weekends which we only found out later.

Hotel in ideal situation. Rooms with a view are better. Hotel has underground car park

Would definitely recommend to other families. So central to everything in jerez.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing could have been better. It met all our needs.

Family room was excellent. Amply big enough for family of 4 with older children. Beds very comfy. Lovely little extras (notepad and pencil) for the kids.

Old but mostly decent hotel

Needs some modernising e.g. room furniture is very tired, absent padding on room chair left me wedged between the sides of the wooden frame.

Decent standard chain hotel (Melia).

Beautiful 3 night stay in Jerez
    • Premium Room

There was nothing negative about this hotel and it's location. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Lots of advice of where to visit. Upgraded our room with no problem and had a beautiful large terrace in room 404 with great view of Jerez. Breakfast was wonderful and lots of variety. Our room was very comfortable and lovely en-suite shower, bath and accompanied with Bath Robes and slippers. The wi-fi never let us down and the hotel was perfectly situated in Jerez, only 10 minute walk to the centre and 20 minute walk to the train station. My wife and I had a fabulous time.

Lovely City

Hop on red bus tour not very good better off walking to most attractions but does include reduction for Tio Pepe visit! Book in advance for the Real Escuela Andaluza Del Arte Ecuestre, queueing system was a Joke.

Location was excellent. Good breakfast. Helpfulstaff.

Enjoyed our stay but disappointed there was not a decent Restaurant on site.
    • Twin Room with View

There was no restaurant, just take away food, not what we expected from a hotel of this standard.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Good choice for breakfast.

Terrific tour of the Tio Pepe headquarters. Recommended!

Air conditioning could have been better in one of the rooms. Didn't really like the Ikea type furniture in the Foyer.

Tryp Jerez was very comfortable, centrally located, bars and restaurants nearby. Staff in the hotel were very welcoming, pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent and had a good range of hot and cold foods. Bedrooms were comfortable. Air conditioning better in some rooms than others.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great value for money! Perfect for a short stay! Parking an added bonus!

Everything was fine! No complaints!

Large comfortable room! Comfy beds! Spotlessly clean! Fluffy white thick towels and lots of little extras in the bathroom! Friendly staff and easy check in/check out! Fantastic location a few minutes walk from the centre! Great value for money! Loved it!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

We love Jerez
    • Premium Room

We love this hotel. It was our second time there. It was very comfortable and relaxing. It was close to everything we like to visit. We will be returning there again within the year.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Relaxing short break in Jerez!

Bottled water provided in room would have been nice! Didn't take hotel breakfast- €15pp felt excessive!

Location great Room clean and comfortable Safe provided in room Parking on site

Good central location for a couple of nights in the city
    • Twin Room with View

The room and bathroom were comfortable tho small even considering this was a city hotel. The reception area/lounge does not give the right impression for a 4 star hotel - the furniture looks cheap and there is no design in the layout.

The hotel is very centrally located ideal for exploring all the delights of Jerez on foot

Tryp Hotels always impress!
    • Twin Room with View

Lovely hotel, GREAT location, very nice staff, very nice rooms and very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like is the reception as it is decorated with Ikea furniture, it was a bit funny seeing the same carpets at home and in a hotel, so the TRYP chain should have more standard code for general appearance. Other than that, everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Good location for exploring Jerez on foot.
    • Twin Room with View

Hotel entrance/lounge not appealing - looked like a student lounge rather than 4 star hotel. I had booked 1 night then wanted to amend to 2 but had to book 2 single nights because to late to cancel and rebook. The check in was not slick and I had to check in separately for the 2 nights - not much flexibility in the system or the staff to make this quick and easy.

Location great, breakfast buffet very good including good range of hot and cold food and good quality coffee and fresh orange juice.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Stylish, classy hotel in great location
    • Twin Room with View

Only one chair in the room. No bottled water supplied (except in the minibar at €2 per 500ml bottle!)

Great breakfast with huge choice. Large airy reception area, v. friendly staff. Everywhere spotless with lots of marble. V. Large comfortable bed with really soft pillows. Easy underground parking foe €10 per night extra charge. Good central location for the old city and the park for the Horse Fair.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Great location and breakfast, yet single room not recommendable.

Gloomy single room - with windows overseeing an internal corridor, so dark inside almost all the time. A bed on wheels, so it wobbles with every rapid movement.

Very tasty and generous breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Perfect location
    • Twin Room with View

Would have been better (a tiny little bit) if precise details on accessing the car park had been available in advance of arrival.

Great location. A few paces from the Old Town but - being outside - easier to get to and quieter. It is also perfectly placed for the Royal Riding School and a handful of sherry bodegas. Air conditioning was very good (we needed it). Wifi excellent. Parking secure and easy. Staff all efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great location for tapas and sherry
    • Premium Room

The bathroom was well stocked BUT was built for a giant! Hooks and rails were more than 6 feet up, toilet much too high as well. I am only 5 foot 1 inch and could not reach the rails at all!

Comfy bed. Kettle with tea and coffee and a free bottle of water each day! Good buffet breakfast with cooked eggs and bacon. Helpful staff gave us good recommendations for tapas. Booked a flamenco show for us too. Balcony room ensured a view. Lots of rooms would have no view at all.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Reliable choice for visiting Jerez.
    • Twin Room with View

Given the fact that this is an amazing historic building ( from the outside ) , I think they should redecorate all the reception / lounge area. It really lacks character.

The hotel offers everything you need, spacious rooms, good breakfast and above all helpful staff.

modern hotel in city
    • Twin Room with View

getting woken up by the Parade at 4am at cathedral across road; hotel trying too hard to be hip and it doesn't really work for me.

Great view of cathedral across road. staff ok.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Very enjoyable and full long weekend.
    • Premium Room

Liked everything. No restaurant for dinner but lots around. Could get plates of food at bar.

Convenient location next to old town but also near to taxi rank

Comfortable rooms in a great location!

The parking was hard to locate, would be good if the hotel notify you on the location ahead of your arrival.

Fantastic location with parking- so handy if you have a rental car! The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Great breakfast selection with lots of choices, including spanish offering such as tortilla and jamon serrano. Highly recommended!

central location ,nice comfy rooms ,friendly reception

we travelled on rental bikes ,and the reception gave us a free safe parking place next to the reception in the hotel. Much appreciated! We needed one room with separated beds ,and we were given a triple for the same price

Excellent Hotel in all aspects.

Nothing really in particular. I personally cannot fault this Hotel.

Exactly that the croissants were really nice and the bed and pillows really comfy. Very quiet at night. The proximity to the town centre and shops very good. And one of the best lit and ample underground parking spaces I have kept my car in.