Reviews of Hotel Turin 3 stars

Pintor Fortuny, 9, Ciutat Vella, 08001 Barcelona, Spain

#218 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

3 nights

Breakfast was excellent, staff were lovely, every one we met at hotel, cleaning staff, reception or restaurant were pleasant... location could not be beaten.

Room 609 had a flight of stairs to get to it... Needs to be refreshed, broken shower curtain pole, hole in sheet, a bit tatty.

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Turin.

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Turin. The location is excellent, very close to Las Ramblas and nearby there are good shopping places and a Carrefour supermarket. Very good service. What I especially liked about the hotel is that the room was big and had catered for seniors' facilities such as hand rails.

Location of hotel is amazing.

There is not minibar at room. And it is hard to understand that there is not toilet brush in bath. A bed was a little bit uncomfortable but I think it is enought for this hotel.

Location of hotel is amazing. It is 5 min to walk La Rambla and Pl. Catalunya. Also there is a Carrefour near the hotel. Breakfast was very good.

Great location, very central to everything.

Great location, very central to everything. The reception man Ahmid (forgive my spelling) was very friendly and helpful with directions and advice on where to go and eat. Would defiantly stay here again!!

Excellent Hotel with all the needs!

We spent 5 night in this lovely, clean hotel. We got upgraded to a room with balcony and a single room was upgraded to double bed with no extra cost. Location was excellent just 2 minute walk to La ramblas, 5 minute walk to Catalunya square & exactly next to taxi station. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the breakfast was also very good with a lot of variety. Staff were also very nice and especially the receptionists were very helpful. Honestly we weren't expecting this much. Would highly this hotel

the room is big and the beds firm.

walls very thin, window glass not double glazed so street sound was awful. bedding could also improve with duvet covers rather than blankets

the room is big and the beds firm. location is at the heart of la ramblas. 5 min walk to carrefour. a kettle and tea cups would be appreciated.

Not recommended

The room was not only too small but had not place to put my luggage anywhere (I had to put it on the bed to open/close it each time there, as I couldn't hung my clothes or put them out of my luggage. The toilette lavatory was in the room (out of the toilette). I arrived on Sunday morning and the person at the reception gave me completely wrong information and bad treatment

It's well located

Just ok

Very basic, beds were ok. Blood on one of the pillow covers (had to take the cover off), big black hair in one of the towels, bathroom door didn’t close.

Clean but small very nice staff and perfect location
    • Basic Double Room

Breakfast wasn’t worth €15, also the way we paid wasn’t idea....we were gifted a night by a friend which she paid on her card which reserved our night we got there to pay the remaining balance ourselves to then be told they would need to refund my friend and we would need to pay the full balance as it had to go through as one payment method using the same card 😐 never heard anything so silly it was getting paid all the same regardless of method.

Very close to the Rambla

Location was central but off the main Rambla.

Only negative was the lack of coffee/tea facilities. There was a station to make drinks but only open for very limited times.

Location was central but off the main Rambla. When you walk out of the front doors, turn right and walk 5 metres-right again into a fab area of cafes/food. That’s the picture I’m showing with the glasses. Opposite the hotel Turin is a cafe that does a great coffee and choice of breakfast.

Perfect base for exploring

The hotel was in the perfect location! We had a very quiet room with a little balcony which was a lovely surprise. Bathroom and shower were very spacious and wifi was great.

great stay we would return to this Hotel.

Everything was to our satisfaction.

Breakfast really good. Hotel was spotless. Very comfy beds and staff very nice. Close to metro and all other means of transportation. Also are flight was at 7.00pm and they have lockers were you can leave your luggage which was great. I would recomend this hotel.

Pleasantly surprised all around😊
    • Quadruple Room

Location was perfect for us. 4person room was roomy. Breakfast was wonderful and varied for our different likes. Rooftop sitting area was lovely. Nice, new bathroom.

Happy to stay again.

Lacks a bar and very limited channels in English.

Excellent location off La Ramblas, good breakfast, very clean hotel. We were very lucky to get a free upgrade.

Friendly, informative staff, good location, value for money.

If I had to add anything, it would be the addition of tea/coffee facilities in the rooms. However there are many places very near to the hotel where these can be bought.

Staff friendly, efficient & informative. Room comfortable, hotel value for money & central location. Extensive choices for breakfast.

Very very noisy at all hours on the street, therefore couldn't open window during night and used aircon, which is very drying. Glass door on bathroom meant that if the light was used in the middle of the night it'd wake the other person. Though bed was fairly new, it was hard and we could feel the springs in it.

Location. Plenty of alternative (and cheaper) breakfast places near by

Everything you want in a hotel where it isn't about the room but the location and ease of use!

Beds are like a slab of stone. Sliding glass door separating bathroom from beds

Great hotel a half block to Las Ramblas. Close to everything and walkable. Beds are like rocks, a few extra pillows would have been great but a/c worked great, tv in room, good wi fi thruout and a lovely upstairs terrace for breakfast, wine, just to get away from the mobs on streets. Breakfast had lots of choices for egg/bacon people or the yogurt/ granola crowd. Elevator is tiny but gets the job done. No late checkout here but they have lockers to store bags. All in all, a great stay with friendly and helpful staff!

Good location, but room is small

The price that we had to pay for this small room.

Room was very small but newly renovated and clean. No mini fridge, coffee maker, closet or face cloths. Glad we were only there a couple of nights, otherwise I would have been claustrophobic. Couldn't even unpack, no room if you have a large suitcase each.

Make it clear what currency you wish to pay in BEFORE you pay your bill.

I was very disappointed to find that despite being given a written bill in euros I was, without my consent, charged in ££s. The receipt which I was then given stated that I confirmed that I had been asked which currency I wanted to pay in and that I had said ££s. This was NOT THE TRUTH. Unfortunately I only looked closely at my receipt when I was on the way to the airport. I would advise anyone (from the UK) BEFORE making payment to make it very clear to the staff that you wish to pay in euros. I felt very cheated.

Great location. Good breakfast.

Hotel Turin was a great hotel with an excellent location and I would happily stay here again!

One of the beds was like a pull out bed, and I kept bumping my head/legs on the wooden frame while getting up. It wasn't too bad, just took some time getting used to.

The housekeeping staff as well as the night manager was excellent at Hotel Turin. Their friendliness and professionalism helped us stay comfortable during our stay.

Wonderful. I’m glad I picked this hotel.

The bathroom door was frosted glass. While it allowed more light from the bathroom window, you may choose the person to share the room. Some days, I missed the breakfast because I had to leave early. I wish they start serving breakfast a bit early, if possible. I should have asked if I could take out something instead if in that case...

The breafast was great! They serve it until 11:00am, so we were able to catch it after an early hour visit to Park Güell. Location was unbeatable. Between the Mercado and a big supermarket, you have an option to get your food for the next morning’s breafast at those places too. Easy walking distance to the Aerobus, subway stations, and tour buses. The staff were nice.

Very comfortable hotel in Lambras area.

There is no coffee and room.

Best location to stay in Barcelona as it is just a few minutes from Place de Catalunya and Lambras. Staff is very helpful and breakfast also good.

Great place to stay for shorter stay
    • Quadruple Room

not much place to store the luggages/clothes

the location is great, we could walk to many places, many restauranst, coffes, pubs and bars in the vicinity

Bette

Excellent location only metres from Las Ramblas. Locker service for luggage is secure and free. Taxis outside door and breakfast options were very extensive. I travel often to Europe and would stay here again.

Staff very friendly, good location, breakfast is good,...

No teapot and refrigerator

Staff very friendly, good location, breakfast is good, internet is fine ,very clean,room big enough and bathroom separate ,walking distances to many attractions and metro supermarket in the corner,farmers market a block from the hotel

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The bed could have been a little bit softer but not a big problem.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean with all the facilities I needed and having the air on controls next to the bed was an extra bonus! Great location and the locker system to keep my large case safe for the day after checking out was great!

Excellent stay! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking about it.

1) Room did not have tea / coffee making facilites. BUT the staff are very accomodating and pleasing and will happily provide you with alternatives. Likewise, the iron and ironing board live behind reception and you have to ask for it. This wasn't a big deal though. 2) At night, you can hear the loud people along La Rambla. If you are a light sleeper, this may be an issue.

1) Location, location, location!! Situated off of a side street about half way along La Rambla, I could not be happier with the location of this small boutique hotel. Be sure to visit La Boqueria for lunch. This has an authentic market feel and has lots of food stalls! 2) Breakfast - a wonderful selection of food. Hot food: Scrambbled eggs, Omelette bacon, sausages and toast. Cold foods: Cereal, selection of cheeses, fruits, yogurt, pastries. Beverages: Selection of teas, coffee, hot milk, fruit juices and water

it was the fourth time we stayed in this hotel - Location...

We had a room where the door of the toilet could not close completely - When you are travelling with a friend or with son or daughter ----is this an issue

it was the fourth time we stayed in this hotel - Location and breakfast are top

The hotel is very close to the center of the city, it’s easy...

Our room didn’t look like on the pictures, definitely not as nice as we expected... the tv was very old and didn’t even work

The hotel is very close to the center of the city, it’s easy to get anywhere from there. Decent breakfast.

Fantastic stay right in the centre of Barcelona

The hotel was beautifully clean and the rooms were very spacious given their central location. The choice for breakfast was one of the best I've seen of any of the similarly rated hotels I've stayed at across the globe. Will definitely return, superb value for money.

The location is excellent!

The location is excellent!! A few steps from La Rambla though it was very quiet. We had a large, beautiful terrace. The breakfast was excellent - a variety of warm and cold food, sweets, fruits, juices. The staff was there for us when needed. Certainly to recommend.

Good little hotel in a great location for a short stay in Barcelona

No room facility to make a coffee or tea in the morning

Location close to food, metro and services. Location was in a quite side street away from the busy main street. Great laundry facility close by as well

Expensive headsets stolen from rooom
    • Basic Double Room

Wasting time to go to the police station to denounce stolen goods.

Bose headset stolen from room, not used during my stay so it cannot have disappeared.

Extremely well located, clean and comfortable.
    • Quadruple Room

The bed was on the hard side.

Extremely well located, clean and comfortable. The room was small as some reviews say but it had everything we needed and it didn’t bother us 4 at all. Breakfast was great, lots of options and very good.

Location! Breakfast! Location!

The room was warm and old, don‘t like the bathroom, no privacy with that kind of door! The staff put our Postcard in the outgoing box, and I still haven‘t received it, it‘s been more than 3 weeks now 😢.

Staff were nice and polite. Hotel is close to everything, loved it! Breakfast was excellent!

A nice hotel in a great location.

A nice hotel in a great location. Meters away from La Rambla and metro stations. Taxis are also just outside the hotel. Close to everything. Room was a good size and tidied daily. Pillows were uncomfortable though. Breakfast was the same every day but catered for all tastes. Cereals, cold meats, cheeses, bakery, bacon, eggs.

The hotel is not bad however with few renovations/enhancements, it could be great!

The rooms' facilities are very poor; tiny TV with limited channels, no mini-bar nor tea/coffee equipment. The beds are not comfortable where one of the beds in the triple room is foldable and there is a wooden shelf just above the body while sleeping.

The Location of the Hotel is great, in the heart of Las Ramblas street. Staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good. Rooms are big.

Lovely staff ...great location ...would come back again.

Not much except we paid quite a lot as were there on New Years Eve

Great location ....with the best staff in the world and were so helpful at all times. Able to leave our cases until time to go for the flight in a big locker. Very clean and spotless room and bathroom. Able to have nice breakfast if needed ...... Would stay here again... thank you staff.

Amazing location. Right in the heart of Barcelona
    • Quadruple Room

We would have liked tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

Location was fantastic. Staff were friendly and on hand whenever you needed them. We would definitely book this hotel again

Didn’t meet expectations. We looked forward to moving to a new hotel
    • Quadruple Room

Beds were hard, free toiletries were minimal, no mini fridge, no closet, no temperature control in the room, breakfast was too expensive

Location near Ramblas

Great location, friends staff and a wonderful breakfast!

Everything was satisfactory.

The hotel was great. The rooms were clean and the pillows were very comfortable? The breakfast was amazing. So far the best on my euro-trip. Just be careful while walking on La Rambla. This has nothing to do with the hotel, but I had my iPhone stolen by a pickpocket.

Perfect location and romantic getaway

The hotel was a great choice, perfect location on the Rambla. It was very comfortable, clean and looked recently renovated. Breakfast was included and there was excellent choice. It was booked as a suprise trip for my boyfriend and he loved it. Would highly recommend and will be staying again in the future.

calm and quiet ! loved it !

I did not like the size of the room, no space, and the fact that the room at the back of the hotel did not help much. the view was very restricted! and did not really enjoy the breakfast ... I did not find natural orange juice, and the scrambled eggs tasted like vegetable shortening, also without many choices of cakes and brioches, or croassant.

Ithe service is exceptional, the room super clean, the location of the hotel, for those who go the tour could not be better, everything very close, shops, restaurants, supermarkets and a street full of amazing things to enjoy.

We would happily return.

A little more guidance would be good, where the hot drinks facilities could be could, how to access the safe code. Pillows a little, additional ones supplied on request. Mattress a little thin.

Breakfast was fantastic. Unfussy simple decor and furnishing. Great location for the Gothic quarter and transport.

Highly Recommended

I would definitely stay here again when I go back to BCN. It’s rght in the heart of Las Ramblas which is a perfect location someone who wants to be in middle of the action. Room is very clean too.And the staff are accommodating.

Horrible afternoon sleeps!

Even though the location is good, every evening acrobats and singers come under the hotel windows and play loud music what is do annoying!!! We could nearly sleep in the afternoon. The price doesn't fit the value at all. Room was also old.

Close to the city center

Location was fantastic as the hotel is just off La Rambla...

Room was rather noisy with the noise coming from both the street and other rooms. We would have appreciated a kettle and a small fridge. Little things mean a lot.

Location was fantastic as the hotel is just off La Rambla and less than 10 minutes walk to Placa Catalunya where you can catch the Aerobus to the airport. The room was a great size and the bed was massive. Close to restaurants and supermarket.

Excellent location.

Very expensive, but most 3 star hotels in Barcelona close to the inner city are. Breakfast is quite basic.

Excellent location. Larger room than expected (room 305), and very clean. Bathroom recently completely modernised and spacious. We found the front desk staff to be very friendly.

Reception Staff is friendly and answer all question with good English. Convinient to everywhere.

Room facility is simpliest, no refrigerator available.

The hotel location is perfect and just at around 50 meters to the La Lambla and several blocks to the Catalania Plaza, centre of BCN

Location great but that's about as good as this place gets

Rooms small and dated, towels dirty, breakfast was poor and didn't seem to get replenished. Wouldn't stay here again.

The location was great, easy access to the tourist areas

I was really satisfied of staing at Turin Hotel and recommand it. Good price good hotel.

- The most important issue was the door of bathroom(wc). It was a glass door which doesn't fit well. So it was noisy for the others in the room specially during the night. -There was a water boiler in the lobby which it was good but there was no microwave oven in the hotel to warm something. For instance we couldn't warm up our baby's food in the hotel at all. There was not also a refrigerator in the room or lobby to keep cold baby's food.

- The location was perfect. Just 50 meter to La Rambla and 100 meter to Catalonia Sq. It gives easy and fast access to the most popular place in Barcelona while it doesn't have the street noise. - All the staffs speak English well and they were very nice and supportive. - Hotel, room, equipment were clean with no damage or bad looking - Breakfast time was very good! from 7:30 to 11:00. So no worries if you would like to get up late when you are on vacation :)

Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location. Very enjoyable stay with the family.
    • Quadruple Room

Can hear other people in their rooms..

Loved the quiet terrace on the first floor. Breakfast was lovely and breakfast room very clean. Bedding very comfortable.

Highly Recommend!

Excellent location 3 minute walk from La Ramba. Excellent facility with rooftop terrace and full, everything you would want breakfast. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Immaculate...highly recommend!

Super location.

Room had no drawers, no real closet. We got used to having to use our suitcases even though they store luggage.

Super location...one block off La Rambla. Really accommodating staff

Overall good the location made it for us!
    • Quadruple Room

Beds were not that comfortable

Perfect location with lovely bars and restaurants very near. La Ramblas nearby. A perfect base for experiencing Barcelona!

Fabulous!!!

The bed as typical in Europe could have been less hard !

Lovely little boutique hotel ...staff, location, breakfast were fabulous!!! Would stay there again and also recommmend it to others!!

Easy stay at the center of Barcelona.

Value for money I couldn't find. It was a little costly @Euro 128 per night. I found that even 4 star hotels are available at that price in Barcelona which disappointed by experience with Booking.com.

It is a good hotel located almost centrally and easy to locate. Room's size are OK but had there been some more space, it could have been better.

Staff was very friendly, breakfast was delicious.

The showers, leaking, water all over the floors.

You need to renew the bathroom showers., the showers were leaking big time. We booked three rooms for four nights.

Hidden Gem in Las Ramblas

The only thing this hotel is missing is a pool, however the beach is a half hour walk away so we didn't miss it too much.

This hotel is amazing from it's location near the majority of must see sites to the lovely staff and clean rooms. One of my favourite features were the giant lockers... we checked out at 11.30 and were not leaving until 21.30, we were able to store our cases in the lockers (free of charge) and carry on with our trip worry free. After visiting the Picasso museum we went and got some street food and a couple of drinks and brought it back to Hotel Turin where we were able to sit in there sun terrace before leaving for the airport.

Overall, great location & nice stay. Thanks to the friendly staff

-The price we paid for one night was quite steep. About a Eur100 more than normal. - we could here street sounds from our window late at night

Room was correct, clean & efficient. Staff were friendly and helpful

Very noisy

We had a room at the first floor and haven't slept all night for the noise. There was a loud sound coming from the tubes in the bathroom every 2 minutes and there seems to be no acoustic isolation of any kind between the rooms, between the reception and the floors and in the windows for the noise coming from the street. All night there was noise coming from our bathroom, from other rooms, from the reception and from the street.

The location was very good at 100 meters from the Rambla and the staff at the reception was very friendly.

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Close to la boqueria, which has amazing food. Two minutes to reach on las ramblas. Great restaurants around. Good storage in room.

reasonable price at a good value, great location

that was the night after terror attack when I was visiting the hotel. I didn't stay longer than I planned, the room is a bit small but it's fine for a single person. overall satisfied.

Great location, simply clean and good breakfast

Feels more like a hostel than a hotel, gloomy dark room, staff not particularly welcoming. Expensive.

Good location near points of interest, transport and entertainment.

nice city, nice location

this time of year the price is way too expensive for the rate of the hotel

the breakfast is nice, staff is friendly, keep on doing that, great location , they are two bonus for this hotel

Decent place close to Las Ramblas

Bed wasn't very comfortable and the room wasn't cleaned very thoroughly - dusty areas, floors dirty. No mini fridge.

Good overall, nice bathroom. Staff was excellent and breakfast was good value for the price.

Great location, shame about the poor customer service!

Staff unhelpful, put us on top floor no offer of help with luggage up or down. Not very welcoming we would not go back or recommend which is a shame as excellent location.

Good and location good

What is there that's not to like about Barcelona?

Loved all of it!

Overall we found the hotel room, staff and breakfast very good. The position was excellent, close to La Ramblas, good Cafés, the food market and within walking distance of most attractions. We loved it!

Great spot

The juice at breakfast was squash rather than real fruit juice

Location - close to La Rambla but far enough away from the crowds Close to a square with cafes/bars - Bar Lobo was fab AND hotel is just round the corner from Beer Linale - a great little craft beer place!

I took a taxi from the airport to th e hotel.

I took a taxi from the airport to th e hotel. Extremely nice driver and low pay . Hotel called a taxi for me on my return, and that trip was DOUBLE. Do not ask the front desk for a taxi, walk out to the street and take your own.

Would def return
    • Quadruple Room

Nothing -more than met our needs (family of 4 - 2 adults 2 kids 9yrs & 6yrs)

Excellent location - just off Las Ramblas No bar on site (why would they when they are so close to the Main Street) but they are happy for BYO and use their lovely terrace if you wish to sit in sun and have a wee pre dinner drink Family room very spacious Breakfast very good

A pleasant, short stay.

Although there were coffee/tea facilities these were not in the rooms and were stuffed into a cupboard at the back of reception which was locked more often than not. When asked one evening on our return (11pm) to the hotel if it could be opened we were advised that tea and coffee were not available after 10pm. We bought a bottle of wine to have on the terrace before going out one evening and asked for some glasses but were told they were locked away and so were given polystyrene cups. If you're looking for pampering from hotel staff this is not the place to go. They were helpful enough but not very friendly. The breakfast was adequate but who wants carrot/chocolate cake for breakfast? The bread was very sweet and the bacon was just crispy fat with no meat. The coffee was adequate but the cereal, fruit and yogurt selections were very pleasant. All in all it was an adequate to lay our heads for a few nights.

Location excellent. Everything was spotlessly clean.

Comfortable, accomodating and exciting

Only one thing would have been a fridge in the room!

The staff were so helpful and polite, the breakfast amazing and the location was near everything!!

The total was Ok, I would not say bad but also not say good.

The total was Ok, I would not say bad but also not say good. It is just a simple hotel in the city center. For just staying in this hotel it is more then enough, but in total a bit to expensive I must say.

Good location when visiting Barcelona.

In room, periodically, we notice smell of sewer. Not intensive but still unpleasant. Sam in some others area on the way to our room on 4th floor.

Location, staff and room cleanliness.

Browse Hotel Turin traveller photo gallery