Reviews of Vilana Hotel 4 stars

Vilana, 7, Sarrià-St. Gervasi, 08017 Barcelona, Spain

#284 of 516 hotels in Barcelona

Cozy hotel, could use a bed improvement

The beds are very uncomfortable. They had only twin beds and we had to unite them and they would slide on the side and there would be a gap between us. Also another minus would be the fact that you hear everything from the hallway, all the noises.

The staff was extra friendly and the reception and the lounge area is really modern. The rooms are nicely decorated. You have nice facilities in the room that include an iron and comfy bathrobs.

Room was adequate and clean. Location great. Staff was wonderful.

The room we originally paid for was very small and had a big tree in front of the window - which made the room feel even more cramped. We were told the instant coffee in the room is free on the first use, but would be charged if used again. There was a lounge in the basement to have free instant coffee anytime. This seemed very odd. The housekeeping was wonderful, but they wanted to change the towels everyday, which is unnecessary and wastes water, time, and money. The laundry service is outrageously expensive in Barcelona- 10 euros to wash one pant. 2 euros to wash one underwear.

The staff was absolutely wonderful and very accommodating. When the air-conditioning wasn't working we were upgraded to a bigger room, but with less storage space (no desk drawers, very small wardrobe). The location of the hotel is outside of the tourist areas, in a nice residential area with lots of boutiques and cafes.

Great hotel for short stay, highly recommended

Could have been some English TV channels, seemed to be mostly European.

Helpful staff, quiet location yet within walking distance of bars and restaurants. Nice comfy beds and room a decent size, would definitely stay here again.

Super comfortable hotel tucked up in a very nice neighborhood north of the Diagonal.

Let's start with the fantastic welcome! A glass of sparkling cava upon our arrival and the friendliest reception team. The room was very spacious and comfortable. It was great to have the workout facility available, but we simply ran out of time and did a ton of walking around the city that we didn't need it.

Personnel was really gentle, attentive and considerate.

Personnel was really gentle, attentive and considerate. Room was clean, always in order when we came back at the end of the day. Will keep in mind for our future visits to Barcelona.

Nice quiet neighbourhood, comfortable lounge with...

There is a small fitness centre which was a good bonus, but some of the equipment could use a little maintenance.

Nice quiet neighbourhood, comfortable lounge with complimentary drinks, room was well equipped and very comfortable, clean and bright, fantastic spacious balcony. Would definitely stay again.

Welcoming stay to enjoy a good Catalonian culture and food.

The fact that there was no shuttle service to pick us up from the airport, especially during the early hours of the morning.

Super soft and very good bed👍👍, the amazing welcome of the receptionist Will who greeted us with champagne . Excellent internet connection, very relaxing and quiet place.

Staff were extremely helpful & polite neighborhood is...

Bigger breakfast variety would be nice

Staff were extremely helpful & polite neighborhood is beautiful quiet & scenic would highly recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Very clean, lovely friendly staff, cava on arrival, nicely...

Bed was very squeaky, you couldn't move without causing a racket which woke the other person

Very clean, lovely friendly staff, cava on arrival, nicely furnished room with a good bathroom

Overpriced and looking for compensation from booking.com

Due to the fact the hotel listing on booking.com has misleading photos and a poor description of the room we were looking at, we thought one room would suffice. Upon calling the hotel, I was shocked to find out that all the beds in this particular room were single beds and that an additional single bed would be wedged into a room that is meant to accommodate two guests. Once we confirmed with the hotel the room was too small, we had no other choice but to book a second room at a much higher cost than what we would have paid had proper information been provided. We ended up spending an extra 130 Euros because of the additional booking. The rooms we had booked were both requested to not use a deodorizing spray. One of the rooms had been sprayed heavily with a perfume spray. I was very disappointed in this fact because I spent my own time requesting through email as well as by telephone in advance not to have any industrial deodorizing spray due to a severe allergy.

Overcharged for our rooms and without some compensation it will be the last time I use booking.com
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

First of all due to the fact that their Internet photos and description of her room is not sufficient and clear to show you that the beds are double beds. This caused us to book a room with three beds which we thought at least one would be a double or queen bed. Upon calling the hotel I found out that it was in fact three single small dad's jammed into a room. This was unacceptable for her stay in the hotel would not allow us to rebook two separate rooms. I then had to book an additional room on booking.com had a huge extra cost . We paid €130 more than we would've paid by just booking two separate double rooms. I am very upset a booking.com as well as the Vilana hotel.

Friendly reception staff.

We object to having to pay for an extra coffee sachet! Only 1 sachet in a room for 2 guests! We have a hotel in UK and coffee is always free. No taxi could be found available for 90 year old guest. Breakfast staff unfriendly and unresponsive!

Friendly reception staff. Overall a good experience in a quiet area.

Wonderful holiday

the only drawback was the location. Hotel is 20 minutes walk away from the first tube station. Buses are frequent, however the ones that we caught didn't pass from the nearby streets.

We enjoyed our trip to Bareclona; hotel was to our expectations, very clean & large room. Friendly and helpful staff. Bathroom was also quite big and it was always cleaned to our satisfaction.

Great hotel, good rooms, facilities, friendly and helpful staff, and good value

Location is a bit out of the way. Long walk to nearest metro station. Taxis fairly cheap though so it's not really a problem.

Offered a shot of local spirit on arriving, free chocolates, water, coffee tea etc. Nice lounge area with TVs, computer, etc, and small gym area.

Lovely hotel as a base to see Barcelona

Breakfast was overpriced. There didn't seem to be much life about the hotel as there was no bar open in the evening or dinner

The beds were really comfortable. Shower was very powerful and plenty of hot water. Lovely supply of toiletries and towels changed daily. Location was quiet so nice to return to after a busy day in the city centre

A small&cosy family run motel to experience the "no-so-tourist" part of Barcelona

The breakfast was onla decent, but limited choices, could include some fresh eggs/omlettes made "on site". The toilette in the Suite was strangelly situated in the middle of the room, but still passable. Some maintainance CAPEX will have to be invested into the elevator. Non-smoking rooms (if non-smoker - see "pros" section).

The staff was extra helpfull - especially one male receptionist (forgot his name), overa-all kudos to the staff! Location is on the outskirts (upscale, guiet neighbourhood, no shops-bars-restaurants opened after midnight: just to the brim withdentists, doctors, banks, ect.); the only walking distance main-tier attraction being Park Guell - 20 min walk. Cca 30-45 minute transfer to the Barca Centre via bus/subway - easibly fixable: public transport in Barcelona is very good and easy to use (buy 72-hour card for cca 10 EUR and just follow the Google Maps navigation). Good restaurants in 5 min walk area (all on street "Carrer de Mandri"; seafood/local+ italian), frequented by locals and not tourists. The AC was working OK. Good Wi-Fi (P2P frendly, good speed +ping). Over-all a crean & mantained premises. Non-smoking rooms (smoking on the terrace only; possible problem for smokers - fine of 250 EUR if "caught" lighting one up in the room).

First time in Barcelona and fifth time for my bf, this is...

First time in Barcelona and fifth time for my bf, this is his favourite hotel he has stayed in (good choice by me of course). Hotel lovely, spotless and very comfortable. "Will" on reception made our stay even more pleasant. Thank you once again Will. Highly recommend this hotel.

Good staff, comfortable rooms lots of facilities, clean...

Barcelona, generally, is expensive. You can find accomodation in every other city in half price. Thats the biggest disadvantage. No free parking, difficult parking on area

Good staff, comfortable rooms lots of facilities, clean rooms, no sound from other rooms

a new experience in Barcelona, Spain

slow elevator, small room, more lighting in the room

Friendly and cooperative staff, clean and quite hotel, nice hotel location, clean room, clean and wide toilet, good maintenance of the room, comfortable bed and pillows

Stay in Barcelona

The hotel was close to the bus stations. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice. The hotel was close to the bus city tour.

Nice and clean hotel with friendly staff

The location is a bit far away from the centre. You have to walk for a metro about ten minutes and then with metro about 20 minutes to get to the centre.

Nice and clean basic hotel.

If you want a good-sleep, don't come.

1.Sound-proof was't good. 2.There's no conditioner in the bathroom. 3.The clean lady knocked my door at 10am( not the check-out time) TWICE for no reason. I was at a good dream but hardly to fell asleep again after that. I told the reception but he just say apologize and explained the clean lady was new. 3.In the beginning I noted I need a room with bathtub but they gave me a room without that .They did fix it in the end but I would say they should be able to pay more attention on customer's request.

Staffs from reception were friendly,always with smile. Single room was stylish . Underground is a good place to relax, very pretty!

Thriving Barcelona

The hotel is a fair distance away from the heart of Barcelona so if exploring the city is the key then some place closer would be better.

The room was very comfortable and super neat. House keeping did a wonderful job during our stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is located in a residential area and is quiet. There are quite a few restaurants and bars a short distance away. The metro stations were a 15 minute walk away and very convenient. Wifi was fast and easy to access.

Excellent choice.

Website suggests there is a pool, sadly not.

Great location in fancy neighbourhood. Being a bit further out means you get a lot nicer place for less money. Staff were helpful. Hotel was clean and quiet. Safe, pretty neighbourhood. Close to public transport. Small but good gym and if you're fitness minded good area for a run.

Would stay here again when visiting our friends in Barcelona.

Nothing to report here

The staff were friendly and very helpful. We were visiting friends living in the area. This area is clean and safe and the food shops were excellent. Also, close to great restaurants and the Sarria area which is a wonderful place to explore early evening. Have a drink and tapas in Sarria. Caught a taxi to the Gothic area and explored the city centre and visited the Picasso museum. Found taxis good value.

Calm and serene location, comfy and clean rooms, easy access to public transportation

The bathroom is a bit outdated

Air conditioning was good, made the room nice, cool and comfy; quiet and beautiful neighbourhood, bed and pillows were comfy and even though it is about 20 mins away from the city centre, the public transportation (bus and connection to a metro) and timing were reliable that it did not matter to us

Little gem

I have reviewed this hotel previously as I was in and out of this little gem several times over my 5 1/2 week visit to Spain. I spent a total of 18 nights at the Vilana. It was close to my daughter's dorm and was very convenient for me. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. I stayed in three different rooms and each one had a nice view, especially room 11. Lots of electrical outlets, a little refrigerator, hair dryer, robe and slippers. Comfy beds and pillows. This isn't a posh hotel but I rated it as excellent because it is clean and comfortable and exactly what I was looking for. The hotel is in a beautiful and safe residential neighborhood but close to restaurants, banks, shops and markets. It is a ten minute walk to metro and 15-20 minutes on metro to Plaça Catalunya, the hub of Barcelona. The bus runs along Bonanova which is a half block away. I enjoyed getting away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas at the end of the day to the peace and quiet of the Vilana neighborhood. Airport cab fare was approximately $30-35 each way. Fares to most popular venues my daughter and I visited was $10-$15 but I usually took metro. Also convenient for those needing to be near Teknon Hospital. I thoroughly enjoyed the Vilana.

Overall a good place to stay.

The breakfast could be improved. Had lunch there once and the overall quality wasn't excellent either.

Overall a good place to stay. I was attending a conference at the Congress centre which is easily reachable by taxi and avoids some Barcelona traffic by not staying in the city centre. Having a balcony in the room was great.

Get away from the crazy and leave the truth life os Barcelona '

The hotel is away from all the tourism areas (like 15 minutes by subway and another 10 minutes walking) However the are is gorgeous ! We were able to see how people family and kids leave in Barcelona! Was amazing experience!

I'll be back!

This may seem nitpicky but I wish they had more tissue in the bathroom.

The staff and management of this hotel were accommodating, helpful, warm and friendly. They went above and beyond the call of duty to make life easier for me while I was adjusting to Barcelona. I will be returning to the Vilana twice during the next month. The hotel is a five minute walk to the university my daughter is attending this semester. My last stay will be for 13 days. My stay this past week was sort of a test run to see if I would be comfortable there for an extended period of time. It worked out very nicely for me and I'm looking forward to going back. My room had a view of the lovely trees in front of the hotel. It's an easy 10 minute walk to the train that takes you to Plaça Catalunya. Centro Medico Teknon (Hospital) is right down the street and this hotel would be a perfect place for family and friends of patients in the hospital.

Great hotel with large rooms, really big closet and comfy...

The wi-fi didn't work as well in the room as it did in the lobby, my phone kept losing the signal.

Great hotel with large rooms, really big closet and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

j'aimerais bien y revenir.

I booked a room with balcony and, even if I paid the highest rate, I could not have it. Parking fee is too high.

staff is very friendly. Restaurant is very good compared to the average in Barcelona.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Returning satisfied clients ~

Nothing ~

The location was excellent for our needs at the IMO eye clinic, walking distance. But it is a quite a ways from Barcelona center and most interests for tourists. We enjoy the quiet neighbor and exploring the restaurants available in the area.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Friendly staff but some things not so good.

Restaurant was not open during the weekend, the minibar was badly stocked (only one beer and no whisky or cognac) and the breakfast is overpriced.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Excellent stay

We came in December and it was a little cold in the room.

Excellent stay, great location for hospital teknon, reason for visit. Short taxi ride to centre and airport

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Friendly hotel, bit out of the centre

Bed could have been comfier and quite a bit of mould around the window - not a problem, but wouldn't normally expect from a 4* hotel

Very friendly staff, good location - about a 10 minute walk to nearest Metro

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Very nice location and design.

The breakfast buffet was quite poor.

I really liked the location of the hotel. Even though it is situated away from the city centre the neighbourhood is one of the best in Barcelona. Classy, quiet and clean but there are also quite a few restaurants,bakeries and stores close by. Also the bed linen and the towels had a very nice small which is a bit rare in most hotels. The room size was very good as well.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Noises.

Noises. You can hear the traffic outside and you can also hear other customers moving their chair, talking or watching tv. But, that's alright, everybody have common sense. I have a good night's sleep during my stay.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The most beautiful time ever!

Didn't have more time to stay longer ;)

Everything was wonderful. We have the most beautiful experience ever . Location, staff and food wow! !!! We are planning to coming back soon.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Great stay at the quiet area

Beautiful and clean hotel. Normal size of the room which are also very clean and nice. Friendly stuff. WiFi works without any problems. Highly recommended!

Good time with my friends

Absence of swimming pool

The recepcionist and appreciated it was close to my friend’s house

Very clean, very cosy hotel, friendly staff, quiet area.

Very clean, very cosy hotel, friendly staff, quiet area.

Perfect and helpful service from the stuff

Price is too high for such a small room

Perfect and helpful service from the stuff

More than Decent, clean, very helpful staff

Breakfast, quality and quantity

More than Decent, clean, very helpful staff

Close to the hospital

Noisy, bad quality of the bed

Close to the hospital

Perfect location in residential area.

Perfect location in residential area. Friendly hotel team that speaks English. Breakfast with all you will require.

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff

Good stay in Barcelona.

Resturant not open on the weekend. Parking is expensive when its free outside

Comfortable. Clean. Location. Book early for better rate.

All

Liked everything

All

Super friendly and helpful staff, gorgeous room, great...

Super friendly and helpful staff, gorgeous room, great location.

I bit fat away from the city center.

I bit fat away from the city center.

Great hotel with great staff

Room was lovely with a great balcony. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Someone else at the hotel at same time as us booked through...

Someone else at the hotel at same time as us booked through a different site for much less money.

Most of things especially room

Food

Most of things especially room

Good, not great but good

The views and the area.

The room was decent and so was the staff

Highly Recommended

Lovely hotel. Fantastic staff.

Perfect for what I needed :-)

The reception staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Lovely hotel with lots of space to relax. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Excellent.

Not was.

staff

Cleaning staff came very late, after 12. Poor internet.

staff

Helpful receptionist

The bed is very soft and caused my back pain. The room is close to streets and quite noisy.

Helpful receptionist

Perfect for our overnight stay. Lovely and comfortable hotel.

Bed was really comfy and the room was clean. Lovely quiet room. Lovely balcony. Nice downstairs area for relaxing.

Since last february the hotel has gone down in the quality

Poor breakfast. Room very small .

Breakfast is Not included, very friendly staff, too dar from...

Breakfast is Not included, very friendly staff, too dar from subway

Very relaxing with great choice of restaurants and bars.

The lack of British news channel.

The room and the overall decor was beautiful.

One night stay. Happy with the hotel.

Friendly staff

Staff and cleaness

Bed was not comfort. Location was poor.

Staff and cleaness

You must book this hotel

Staffs Wifi is pretty fast Room Bathroom Decoration

Nice hotel in this vibrant city - recommended

10 mins from Metro station superb rooms

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

It was a too option for one night.

It was a too option for one night. Not too far from the main attractions or airport.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Hotel very nice and clean. Staff friendly, for food, better off site ,

Food not hot . We were served Cold fish and vegetables

Cleanliness of the room, staff friendly

The eggs and sausages were cold most of the time by...

The eggs and sausages were cold most of the time by breakfast.

Tiny pot of cream supplied and we were charged for the extra...

Tiny pot of cream supplied and we were charged for the extra we asked for

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Perfect for short stay

There were no vegetables for breakfast. The bed was ceraky.

Good location. Small hotel with big, clean rooms.

Good choice for value.

Location is a bit further out but not critical.

Very helpful, friendly staff. Clean and proper room, good design. Reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Excellent and informative staff.

Excellent and informative staff. Great downstairs sitting area and welcome wine.

Browse Vilana Hotel traveller photo gallery