Reviews of Yoy Villa de Sallent 3 stars

Avenida Los Pirineos, s/n, 22640 Formigal, Spain

#1 of 15 hotels in Formigal

Confirms the good reviews, clean, good service, good...
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The name of the hotel is now YOY Sallent and that it is not so clear in Booking.com. In Booking.com there are two hotels: Villa Sallent 3* and Hotel Villa Sallent 4 *, but in fact there is only one hotel with two categories of bedrooms: 3* and 4*. The reception and all the facilities are the same.

Confirms the good reviews, clean, good service, good breakfast. I was a little concerned with latest reviews with the new management, but I found nothing to worry about. Anyway we didn’t eat at the restaurant, which was one of the complaints in the reviews.

Ok breakfast

I don´t understand the reviews or the set-up of this hotel. Our "section" the 3 star side was ok for a low category ski hotel (i would say more of a 2 star), but certainly nothing like the pictures on Booking.com or the website for the hotel. The staff were visibly unmotivated and looked depressed, but the biggest question was the dinner that we ate in the Restaurant. This was possibly the worst dining experience that I have had in my 2 years living in Spain. The 3 course set menu was €26 (not including wine or even a soft drink) and was so bad, that we skipped dessert. The starter was a mix of left over broccoli, potato and carrot. it was uniformly soggy, overcooked and there was no telling how many days it had been there. The main for the kid menu was thinly sliced lomo, but it was discoloured, brown and drying around all the edges.... again it was clear that it was not freshly cooked.... or even freshly sliced. I tested some and thought it best not to subject our daughter to it, for fear of falling ill. The adult main of ternera a la plancha (a dish hard to get wrong) was a terrible rib cross cut, with a strange odour. None of the three of us that ordered it ate more than 3 bites. There are great places to eat in Formigal (and for a lot cheaper).

Ok breakfast

Regardless how good a hotel can be, if the staff is not good, it's hard to think about coming back.

- Very noisy. - The staff at this hotel are the most unpleasant and unhelpful. My girlfriend got injured and I asked the staff for help & emergency contact. They just gave me the name of the hospital and told me to use google to get the contact details. - The hotel offers a shuttle from the hotel to the lift ski. However, we had to wait one day for more than 3/4 hour for one of them.

- The space of the room. - The breakfast.

Brilliant

We stayed overnight on our way to our home in Spain after travelling through the Pyrenees. The staff on reception and in the restaurant were extremely helpful even translating the dinner menu into English for us. The food was really good as was the service.

Only one night but absolutely fabulous.

The only bug a boo was that on the evening of our arrival the bar was closed for a private party, however the lounge was open and the staff served us drinks in the lounge and were very cordial.

The hotel surpassed our expectations, from the friendly warm welcome to the excellent room and hearty breakfast, all included in the price. Plus the scenery was magnificent and the town itself was charming. Couldn't fault it really, recommended.

Staff was exceptionally friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room with View

Staff was exceptionally friendly. Restaurant was great, both for breakfast and dinner. Great location.

Amazing breakfast and dinner.
    • Double or Twin Room with View

The room was small and dark

Amazing breakfast and dinner. Staff and waitress were very nice

Breakfast and transport to the ski área.

Old

Breakfast and transport to the ski área.

Formidable

Trato estupendo.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The staff were excellent and though quiet the owner cooked a...

The staff were excellent and though quiet the owner cooked a superb meal just for us, he could not do enough for us. Lovely pool and sauna a real gem.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2015

Amazing value, staff very friendly and helpful (I hope they...

Amazing value, staff very friendly and helpful (I hope they find out what Ron Miel is). Breakfast was stupendous, I was tempted to ask for more, but I was full. The room was great, loads of space. What more can you ask for

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.