Reviews of Leonardo Hotel Granada 4 stars

Avenida de la Constitución, 18, Beiro, 18012 Granada, Spain

#110 of 125 hotels in Granada

5.9

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The reception gives me a room there’s people at
    • Comfort Triple Room

The reception gives me a room there’s people at So it’s a bad thing to enter a room you shocked there’s people And no one to help you with the bags .

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Disappointed with single beds and no facilities for hot drinks.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Two single beds together when we requested double. Beds very uncomfortable. No facilities for making tea and coffee in room and not able to get a cup of coffee or any drink at all in hotel after 22.45. Toilet seat extremely uncomfortable leaving red marks! WiFi repeatedly disconnecting.

Staff friendly. Rooms spotlessly clean. Reception staff very helpful in every way.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

One day my wife napped in the room and the room could not be...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

One day my wife napped in the room and the room could not be cleaned in the scheduled time. I asked the cleaning lady just remove the trash but she did not only the trash removal but did the normal cleaning too. Thank you very much her. This kind of employees will add a lot to the service quality.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great stay, excellent hotel, with public transport nearby to all Granada sights.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no restaurant in the hotel, only a snack bar.

Good position for buses, trains and easy to get about. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel spotless and beds confortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Thé rooms were small and stank.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Thé rooms were small and stank. One of the bathrooms was extremely small. The blanket in one of the rooms was very dirty, there was no blanket in the other room. The AC made a terrible noise. We left the hotel one night early. We lost our money but we preferred that to staying one more night there.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Uncomfortable sleep as it is extremely noisy.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable sleep as it is extremely noisy. A lot of activity in the hotel corridors late at night and very early morning, as well as conversations, shower & TV noise can be heard through thin walled rooms. Very busy at breakfast area with long queues for coffee.

Dingy and unremarkable
    • Comfort Triple Room

Old property. Room was small and dusty. I got a triple room which meant they simply gave me a cot in a regular sized room. It’s a bit far from the main tourist sites. You can take a bus 3 stops but there’s nowhere decent to eat or go right around the property. Considering the price, definitely not worth it. I’m frankly surprised by the number of stars this place received.

Not far from an airport shuttle stop and a Carrefour market

The room is small and very old, barely any light get into...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room is small and very old, barely any light get into room. Also the bathroom was too old. The location is good with easy access to bus. TV channels are all Spanish. I don't really recommend this hotel unless you need just a place to sleep.

Good location for visiting Granada
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff could have been more welcoming. They also gave us the wrong parking space number which was confusing.

We upgraded to a superior double room which had a balcony with a superb view of the Alhambra. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was a usual chain hotel choice of food.

At my arrival the room I had confirmed was not ready so they...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I had to ask for an umbrela one of the days that was raining a lot but unfortunately they could not provide me with one, which made me change a lot my schedule of the day...

At my arrival the room I had confirmed was not ready so they have given me a better one with a nice terrace and a beautiful view!That was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Very central position.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We asked for a double bed but given 2 singles. No plugs near beds. No pool, no gym. Quite expensive parking (18€/day).

Very central position. Staff friendly and helpful.

100%

everything OK

We have 2 Nice day at Leonardo Hotell where we the first night og to a good Restaurant near the Bullring and dy 2 up to Sierra Nevada. Will use this Hotel in the future..

we found the hotel to be very well situated just a short...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

we found the hotel to be very well situated just a short pleasant walk to excellent tapas bars and all sorts of eating places . we were only there one night as we were flying out next morning [ hotel rang us a taxi and it came within minutes ] . Staff were very helpful and we will def go back for a longer stay .

Left early.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Staff, when I asked to watch the World Cup football in the bar I was told to go to my room & watch it, I said my wife was sleeping & got a sarcastic smile. When my wife asked for an extra pillow the answer was a straight NO.

Hate Booking.com but the HOTEL Leonardo is NICE
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

BOOKING.COM Due to their false e-mail, I lost 57 Euro and they did not solve my problems although I touched time several times.

The staff on registration is helpful

Clean, comfortable hotel. Pleasant staff.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

A bit of a walk to old town and attractions, but quite manageable.

The room was very comfortable and clean. We were lucky enough to have a room with a lovely view of the Sierra Nevada. Staff were helpful

Would definitely use again and recommend to friends.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Only negative - bed was a little too hard.

Great location - easy to walk to the Cathedral and the hop on off bus stop was near our hotel. Superbly clean - spotless. Staff very helpful. Gorgeous fluffy towels provided. Air con worked well thank heavens at 30 deg outside! Sumptous breakfast. A good choice for business or short city break for sightseeing. Underground car park attached was a bonus for an extra fee. Well worth it.

Good location, friendly staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My only complaint is that the Wifi was not great otherwise I would recommend this hotel

The location of the hotel was great. Not far to walk to the sights and close to the C1-3 -5 buses.

Very enjoyable
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Well situated for the Railway station and surrounding CBD. Staff were very friendly food and drinks very affordable Great transport options all around .Taxi to the Alambra only €7

we had the the penthouse so stunning sea views to the city...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It wasn't that close to the tourist attractions even if it was in the center.

we had the the penthouse so stunning sea views to the city and the mountains which snowed by the end of the month of May. Just lovely and and super. and at night even more lovey with the city lights.

Great place to stay, central location, and staff were helpful and friendly.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel WiFi was slow and difficult to connect to.

Bed was comfortable and the room a good size. Hotel staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. Location was good a short walk to shops and restaurants.

It was a good time staying in this hotel.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Wi Fi was not properly connected, every time you returned to hotel, you had to set up the Wi Fi and re-connect it.

Location, breakfast, cleanliness, staff.

Great hotel with outdated rooms
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The rooms were a bit outdated. Vintage looking furniture, no power outlets next to the bed, little light and old TV

Lobby and hotel overall looked nice. Clean, big rooms. Nice and spacious bathroom. Amenities in direct vicinity and center not too far away

A most enjoyable stay with a fantastic trip to the Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens

Nothing really

Spent a very pleasant stay for one night with three of us sharing a room. Unfortunately I snore following a nose operation I had and in the middle of the night when the others had had enough, I went into the bathroom and slept the rest of the night in the bath, so I can honestly say that the bath was extremely comfortable and I had a good nights sleep!!! The restaurant has only a small selection to choose from, but it was perfectly adequate and we enjoyed our meal.

Spacious and clean room, great breakfast and location near...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not four star as whole. The rooms are spacious with great view of Sierre Nevade, but with old or uncomplete furniture. Also the absence of minibar is quite unusual.

Spacious and clean room, great breakfast and location near the city center.

Good place, especially when you have to go the train station...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Only problem was working out the Wifi for my laptop

Good place, especially when you have to go the train station early, and I found the bed very good for my sleep

Room was clean.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable. .size of the room was small. Much smaller than how the pictures look.

Room was clean. Location was good 20 min to center.

Very
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Our first economy double was quite bad. I've never experienced such awful beds. The room was too small for the furniture, bed springs could be felt from on top of the covers. The blankets were stained. The second night we were upgraded to a bigger and nicer room, so we were happy. But no one should have to stay in room 1110 at any price, no matter the price!

Staff were very helpful and accommmodating. Friendly. Breakfast was good. Nice variety of things to eat.

Enjoyable 2 day say
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The pillows were awful. Although they say free internet it did not reach our room 1117. Always had to go to lobby to access internet. Parking at 18€ a day is VERY expensive.

Location was great. Staff was very nice. Check in was easy.

Nice view from the window room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wish it could be nearer to tramline.Even the tramline stations didn’t cover the main attraction of Granada-the Alhambra.

Quite a distance to walk from the train station but not too far.Also not close to the tram line.Most rooms on high floors which offer beautiful surrounding view of Granada.Near to carrefour

very comfortable and quiet, nicely located: 10 minutes by...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The breakfast starts quite late (7:30, even 8:00 on weekends).

very comfortable and quiet, nicely located: 10 minutes by tram from the bus station, walking distance from the train station, 15 min walk from the city center

Enjoyable stay at a good location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

This is a good hotel. Location is excellent - 15 minute walk from Plaza Nueva and other sites. Rooms are basic but the shower is really good and hot which is really nice after a long day seeing the sites. Staff spoke good English and were always helpful & friendly. Breakfast has everything you need - they can even make an omelette to order. My only issues were I could not get wifi at all in my room - but I had 4G mobile data so not an issue (but could have been) and the room didn't have a kettle & iron.

All staff were very kind.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Room was cold...Hotel didn't have thick blanket. We requested more blanket and kind staff gave many blankets to us but it was still very thin....so it was very cold. But all staffs in concierge and kitchen were very very kind. I loved it.

All staff were very kind. They were very helpful to us.

Ideal location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is perfectly located for easy access to the buses to all areas of Granada, yet the hotel itself is in a quiet location. The breakfasts are wonderful, lots of choices and variety to satisfy everyone.

fried eggs were wonderful, room was clean and comfortable.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The furniture makes the few power outlets inaccessible and never close to bed. Wifi only works by the toilet sink. Had a problem with when booking: even after calling during the booking about registration without credit card, I was told it was impossible, but it would be okay as it is normal procedure to not charge the card and get paid by debit during the check in. I was charged in my credit card and had to pay more because of money exchange, which was not only unfair and dishonest, but a very annoying thing to deal with if asking for reimbursement, so I just let it be. Because of that I will avoid doing business with hotels that require credit card when booking. Due to the lack of power outlet, this hotel specifically is not be the best if you want to work during your stay or if you are traveling abroad and have to rely on the internet provided by the hotel.

fried eggs were wonderful, room was clean and comfortable. Tub in the bathroom saved my days after a stressful conference. Staff was helpful, printed plane tickets and invoices and worked well during breakfast and cleaning.

Reasonable stay
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The wardrobe is too small and bottle water only provided on the first day. Very tight seating area even for two of us. The exterior look of the hotel section like illegal construction?

The quality of towels and spacious bathroom

Find somewhere else
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel was very difficult (for us) to find spent 45 mins in hellish traffic at midday going round one way system with no obvious sign where to get off. Finally on arrival at reception started to say how difficult it was to - - - but was interrupted with oh well your here now - passport ? Room was ok but bed was the most uncomfortable hotel bed I have slept in . It advertised a restaurant which was an overstatement a snack bar / burger etc if you could find anybody. Unfortunately not much in walking distance unless you wanted coffee and cakes.

Very little

The breakfast was good, the room spacious and equiped, the...

The wifi was VERY slow.

The breakfast was good, the room spacious and equiped, the staff kind and helpful. The hotel is 20min walk from the bus station and there are also a lot of bus stops near it.

Overall it was ok value for money with the promotion they had for the seasons
    • Comfort Triple Room

They have problems with sewage smells. You don’t notice when entering the lobby as they have very nice air fresheners and it is welcoming. But coming into the rooms was a different experience.

Staff was helpful in guiding us through all our questions on distance to places to visit and transportation.

Good but it need to be redecorated.
    • Comfort Triple Room

It was old, the entrance was poorly decorated and the hotel is independent, 3 floors in the top of the building. Carpet in the corridors dirty, blankets very old, cupboards very old

The size of the rooms, very good fot 3 persons, and the fact that they were communicated.

Granada is beautiful and the hotel was a good base to explore the city.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Very noisy - you could hear the people next door. Room not as big as in picture. Not enough plugs for charging and in awkward places. Couldn't use the safe as needed a key. Television very basic

concierge very helpful.

Nothing 'superior' about these rooms...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I think we must have paid extra for the time of year we stayed, because the price was too expensive for what was a fairly basic room, even though it was meant to be 'superior'. There were cigarette burns in the net curtains, a cigarette burn in the chair, the TV only picked up basic channels and had poor reception. Every time someone in the rooms above and next to us flushed their toilets, the pipes in our bathroom created a horrendous banging noise, which woke us up during the night.

The service in the small lounge bar was good, and the bar staff were very pleasant. The hotel is well placed, so there are lots of places to see within walking distance. Granada is a lovely city where you can always find something to do.

Spoiled our trip to Granada 😡
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Everything. Staff unhelpful & Room a total disappointment, No Tea or Coffee facilities, no washing items like soap,shower or sampoo-nothing.

Not a thing

Very Poor
    • Superior Triple Room

The Hotel is not a 4 star, it's more like a 3. The location of the Hotel isnt ideal, its' a fair walk into the City Centre and is surrounded by social housing. Certainly not somewhere you would walk around late at night.

Nice Hotel Lobby

I liked the location
    • Comfort Triple Room

the WiFi didn’t work at all. If you need the internet to work then forget it staying in this hotel. I complained every single day but they didn’t solve the problem.

I liked the location

Não repetia

Terrible bath with no pressure on te whater. Bed to old and you can feel everything from this old bed... Employees on check in were not nice

Location it’s very good indeed. Next to the bull fight arena and city center. Very clean

Easy access to the train and bus station.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Poor WiFi connection. Our room was on the 13th floor and Wifi connection was really unstable. I was not able to use it in my room. In the cafe at the ground floor, it was better but not stable.

Easy access to the train and bus station. Low price.

Ok but maybe not quite 4 star.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was switched off and not available when requested. Room was hot which made a restless night.

Parking was secure. Location was good for city centre access by foot.

Good value for money, perfect for a weekend break. Bed wasn't very comfy, €18 per day for parking.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed was pretty uncomfortable. I wish the parking price (€18 for a day) had been clearly displayed at the time of booking. Other than that, everything went smoothly and it was perfectly acceptable for the price. The location is central and it was easy to walk anywhere from there.

Excellent value for money. Nice room, good view, convenient location.

A/C was not working.

The room is very nicely furnished and very comfortable. Nice view too. Very conveniently located a short walk from the train station and restaurants.

Ok, but needs updating to justify 4 stars compared to others we have stayed at.

Room was too hot and air conditioning was switched off at this time of year. Walls needed some acoustic curtains as we could hear neighbours!

Helpful reception staff. Secure car parking.

Good value for the price - location was also good - not far...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Good value for the price - location was also good - not far from the center easy to reach snd city center in short walking distance perfect when travelling with a car

Good Hotel but slightly away from city center.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located on the main street of Grenada. Slightly away from city center. Its modern, neat and clean and in safe locality. Few restaurants are around and its about 15 minutes walk to city center. We had a room on 11th floor with small terrace which had beautiful view of Alhambra, Cathedral etc. Its advisable to book Alhambra entry tickets a few weeks in advance on internet to avoid disappointment.

Reasonably priced good accommodation in the city centre.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The accommodation was reasonable but using the Sat Nav it was difficult to find. The food available in the bar was not very interesting but acceptable and the staff were OK.

Good stay, basic but nice and clean
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Car parking is unreasonably expensive. Was going to be €18 Euros from our arrival at 11pm to 12pm the day after. They need to find cheaper alternatives for their guests.

Room clean and well priced.

We enjoyed our short break
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Didn't like the fact that the whole amount was taken from my bank in May. That we weren't able to cancel 1 room 3 months in advance although we did manage to get another friend to take the said room. No toiletries in any of the rooms. Bar closed at 11pm every night.

The comfort and cleanliness. Staff were very helpful.

Good place for a Granada's trip
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The parking struggle around the property (or 18€/day in a hotel's parternship with an underground parking lot nearby), the old tv (15+ years old) and the overall look is a bit dated.

Room size and view (all rooms are above the 12th floor), location (close to Gran Vía de Colón) and the fair value for the money.

Did the job but wouldn't stay there again
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Trying to drive in was a nightmare as it was a one way street. Hotel changed its name and didn't inform us. This made it more difficult trying to find it. They didn't provide me with the wifi details so I had to ask. The wifi runs out after 24 hours which meant logging in again.

Location was not too bad but wouldn't stay there again.

For a short vacation stay - it's ok, but for a business trip with a work to do - no.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Problems with electricity - only one contact in bathroom and that's all for whole room! If you need more, you have to disconnect one of the lamps, but the cable near desk did not work. So - if you want to work with laptop - impossible. If you want to charge battery - impossible, because you have to put your key into contact - so if you go out, everything is turn off. The walls are very tiny - you can hear every word from the next room. Problems with wifi. And - I know that it is not a fault of Hotel, but loudly guests during night and early morning ... so - ear-plugs strongly recommended.

Very tasty breakfast - buffet, with huge variety of food; nice staff, good localisation

Not a good experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I had to run a training course, so I had to work and I had no Internet connection in my room. I had to come down in the hotel lobby to do my job. The conference room was extremely expensive (more than double in comparison to other hotels) for the conditions offered. Some of the receptionists had a very bad attitude.

Decent conditions in the room.

Great place to stay in to discover the amazing sights of Granada.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I had already been here the week before and I only came here on my way back to the airport. Everything was fine. The room songs bathroom much bigger than the one I'd stayed in in Seville, so the size, mainly.

Considering the price, it's hard to complain much.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I would have preferred a cleaner room - the lampshades were stained, my pillowcase was dirty, the floor was pretty filthy, and the glasses all had rings in them. The wifi never worked, even in the lobby, and the bed was ridiculously uncomfortable. After the room was tidied, I swear it'd been smoked in, it smelled absolutely horrible.

Considering the price, it's hard to complain much. The front desk staff were polite and efficient, and they had a bag drop that we were glad to use; in addition, the location was an easy walk into the city.

Hotel name on booking was different.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Internet was very bad. Could not keep connection very long at all. 2 lights did not work. 3 towel bars in bathroom were loose. I notified staff upon checking out.

Great staff

Good hotel if you get the right staff and avoid b'fast and parking.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I asked for a double bed but only 2 singles were provided. Upon informing them they did not help us or want to help us. It really depends which member of staff you speak to. Breakfast is expensive and parking is extortionate so avoid this at all costs.

It really depends which member of staff you speak to but the staff are generally helpful. Decent rooms, clean and perfectly acceptable. On the last day the hotel were very helpful with storing our bags and boxes and even helped us by providing a replacement to a broken box. There is a great little cafe outside and 2 minutes to the right that does a superb breakfast deal for €4. GO THERE!!!

We liked the location and enjoyed the experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Lack of hospitality from staff unfortunately

Hotel cleaniness and location was amazing, the view from the room and breakfast was excellent. Good choice for items comparing to the price we paid

All i was looking for
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

i ve seen a pool from my window which i though it was the hotel's one i was really excited ! Aftet asking i ve been told that it was privet one and doesn t belong to the hotel !

Everything was just perfect the room is a little small so u have to be teddy ! Near to carrefour dominos pizza shops .... love it

Amazing loccation. Great value for money
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The guests next door kept slamming the door in the morning and it was annoying.

The fresh water at the reception was really needed The beds were comfortable. Stayed in the 13th floor and it was great Terrific value for the money we paid considering we hit a jackpot when reserving. I recommend this hotel for a short stay in Granada.

It is not a 4 stars Hotel

Air condition in the reception hall was never on we asked for iron and they had no iron no mini bar no water boiler no tee or nescafe in the room

Staff was very help full and kind. The rooms are always clean. Location is OK

Very good value
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel parking for 18 eur Location is not very central, but still walkable 15-20 min

Very clean & comfortable Very good breakfast Nice view Street parking at parallel street calle dr. Guirau for free from 21 to 9 and sundays, otherwise 90 cents per h max 2 h

Overall experience: Great price for overall stay there.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Disadvantages: Mattresses are not so comfortable. Breakfast price is a bit too expensive per person.

Advantages: Just about 1000 meters from the heart of the city is a great place to be. Everything is in the vicinity and you can go on foot. The staff is friendly. The hotel is also 200 meters away from a parking station for your car and they have a special offer for 18 euros per day. You really do not need a car in the center. Free internet.

Overall a good experience
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The Wifi didnt work very well and the bed was a bit too firm for me

The front staff was very helpful, the room was clean and spacious. I had a very nice balcony off that had a beautiful view of the city. The shower pressure was great!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Well-located hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel receptionists all males with officious attitudes. I was not told of breakfast times or the fact that it had several restaurants within the hotel. I had to look it up on the internet which was difficult enough because the hotel has the worst, worst internet provider/facilities. I was without internet for the majority of the time I was there (one week) and could not make bookings or buy tickets online.

The hotel is in an excellent location of the tourists attractions. The train station is within easy walking distance. Whilst there I used the train to go to Cordoba. The Alhambra and other historic buildings all within a short distance. Hotel room always clean and tidy. It had air conditioning and a fridge which was good to keep necessary drinking water in those high temperatures.

-Comfortable.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

-Breakfast basic. No Yogurts & Poor quality coffee. -Hotel did not tell us that the city you cannot drive on many roads, otherwise you get a fine. Plan well in advance how you expect to reach the hotel, otherwise it may be a very expensive vacation.

-Comfortable. -View of the city (as the hotel rooms are all on 13,14,15,16 floors) although you cannot see the Alambra from the room I had 1402. -Free bottled water in the room on Arrival - nice touch as it was 40c plus when we arrived at mid-day.

Amazing Hotel with all facilities

Nothing really.

Like everything about hotel. The location, Staff , services all were good everyone was so helpful. Breakfast was amazing and i have never seen someone so professional and dedicated to their cleaning job as the lady in this hotel was and you dont pay alot to stay in this amazing hotel i would recommend it to anyone visting Granada.

cheap price - good if your expectations are low.
    • Comfort Triple Room

4 stars rating is much too high. The room is small and dark. The bathroom is also very small. WiFi signal was low. could only be used with our laptop and not with the phones in the room. An electrical toothbrush "disappeared" from our bathroom after the second day, managment did nothing about this, said they would send us an email, if the toothbrush was found.

cheap price central location