Reviews of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki 5 stars

Mikonkatu 23, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00100 Helsinki, Finland

#22 of 169 hotels in Helsinki

• Standard Room

Excellent location close to Helsinki, excellent staff, I was for a fishing holidays and the keep my stuff in a box, excellent breakfast and staff very qualified

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

Loved everything about our stay.

Always love Raddison Blu - facilities are always more than you might expect and comfort is consistent. Romantic place to spend a few days with a partner.

Staying only one night.

Breakfast excelent. They offered a lounge free for guests with a lot of food and wines and beer. All you can eat or drink. Staff realy very nice and helpful.

• Standard Room

Best Hotel night ever! The people in the reception were amazing. We were running Helsinki halfmarathon the morning after and wanted to get an early breakfast. No problem. So nice room. And perfect location. Close to everything.

• Standard Room

Weak wifi connection. Room to room dialling was a problem and it took a while for reception to pick up the phone whenever we would call.

Staff was helpful. Hotel has a rich history and a great location. The rooms were nice.

• Standard Room

Wake up call did not worked. The said the phone was broken. One day they forgot to clean the room, the díd it at 7,45 p.m. when I told them to do it.

Good location. Room confortable.

• Standard Room

I took two night in your hotel, Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki. Sorry but I have to say it was the worst record in all my hotels’ experience around the world! Let me tell you what happened to me during these two days… I have took all the pictures, and here I need to explain. (1) I find a pubic hair on the floor before me and my friend step in the bath room! (2) The towel for hands and shower had same problem - the towel at the top and the one at the bottom had totally different folding-style! And they were laid with different directions! I felt very bad because I guessed the only reason was; the towel at the bottom were left after last client, only the towel on the top were replaced! It made me sick! Could you let me know what is the real reason?

• Standard Room

I spend the night in the hotel “Radisson Blue Plaza Helsinki” last May 12 of 2018 and paid with my debit card in the reception of the Hotel. However, I checked my credit card which supported the reservation at the beginning and for my surprise the night was charged twice for the same night. I sent two e-mails to the hotel and I have not receive any answer. There's a number or key contact that I can connect? Many thanks in advance. Kind regards, Tatiana Gonzalez

• Standard Room

I was just expecting more than we got - nothing really specific, but when paying so much I do have really high expectations.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. Really central location, next to the train station.

• Standard Room

Breakfast was not available early and we did not have it., even thoug itvwsbincluded in the price, It should have been available since 6am, specially during weekdays.

La cama muy cómoda!

• Business Room with Lounge Access

Room size could have been slightly bigger for the price paid.

Perfect location. Very clean and nicely decorated property with certain hi-tech touch. Friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast, even though a bit crowded. Lounge access is a great advantage for business-class rooms.

• Standard Room

Cleaning service was very slow during our stay - one day room was not clean until 6 pm eventhough we left the room around 10 in the morning. Overall quality of cleaning is required improvement - dusty floor after cleaning service is not acceptible for Radisson. Condition of room is somewhat outdated. Windows can not be opened, so there is no fresh air.

Excellent location - 5 min walk from the train station, main attractions and shopping malls. Very good breakfast selection. Friendly, attentive, and helpful staff.

• Standard Room

Helsinki regional cards were not available for sale at the hotel and I was directed to the railway station. However that office does not open until May so I had to go to another hotel to get the card. Also, it would have been helpful to inform me that the hop on hop off option for the helsinki card is not available until May and that there is another company offering this option - nit covered by the Helsinki card.

Location, very easy to find from railway station and a great base from which to explore the city. The room I was allocated was very dark so I asked if another room might be available. I was promptly brought to a lovely bright room. Staff were all really pleasant and helpful.

• Standard Room

Heating system did not work. Room was generally warm enough but i used the hair dryer to warm up the room when i got out of the shower

Breakfast was amazing, mattress was great. Location is great

1. The reception on my check out time on 19th April around 9.30-10.30am. I think she is an intern or unexperienced reception. Our group were going to Porvoo and have to wait for forty minutes . There is no que at the moment , she asked a lot of information such as how many extra bed how many breakfast in our group and she even give those numbers for two days eg . your group had 28 breakfast instead of 14 breakfast a day which is the standard term for the hotel reception. There are few more things which is a bit out of norm. I asked her to seek another reception to help her when she spent more than 30 min to find out how many rooms we booked and how extra bed we asked , but she said she could manage. I have never ever experience this matter from other Radisson Blue , so I was so dissappointed.

The bed is very comfortable. The reception on my check-in is very nice ,don't know her name, on 17th April about 4-5 pm.

• Business Room with Lounge Access

Unfortunately we felt like our room hadn’t been cleaned properly before our arrival or during our weekend long stay. There was a sock on the floor from a previous guest and dust on the table. I understand the staff has limited time to spend on each room but I’d expect more when paying for a business room. On the other hand I’ve stayed in this hotel 8 times and this is the only time I’ve ever had a problem with anything.

The location really can’t get any better, especially if you need to travel by train as it is right next to the train station. The staff is so welcoming and the breakfast buffet offers something for everyone. Beautiful rooms and public spaces.

• Standard Room

Old building, old furniture, limited room space, bed sheet with spots. Hand ( bath) soap remained 3 days without resupply or change.

Great location, nice staff.

• Standard Room

The hotel staff was was great, the location of the hotel is good for walking around and seeing the city and is close to restaurants. The room was clean and quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel to those who are traveling for business or pleasure.

• Standard Room

The room wasn’t as clean as l would have expected and the service at reception was very slow.

The staff providing breakfast service were excellent and the breakfast was good.

• Standard Room

We were immediately greeted at the 24h reception by smiling staff who were extremely polite and helpful. The room was clean and comfy with large king size bed, chaise lounge and bathtub. The location of the hotel was in central Helsinki in a historic building that was renovated with modern amenities. The best part was the amazing breakfast buffet with a wide assortment of hot and cold foods, as well as made to order omelettes- it was lovely.

• Standard Room

The room wasn’t cleaned properly. There was dust on the carpet & floors. Tile in the washroom was coming off. At less costly properties the cleanliness was better.

• Standard Room

At best a four star hotel. The gym was pathetic, pillows were bags of fluff, temperature was hard to control, towels were abysmal, sauna was cold when I tried to use it.

• Standard Room

Worn out bath towels; bed was too high to sit on - the chair too low; not many useful tv programmes. No bath robe, no slippers for sauna and no breakfast in the price - which was almost 150 per night per person. Room with a double bed is smaller than expected from the photos - 2 persons would be uncomfortable.

Location - 5 min to city center, railway and bus station, yet in a quiet corner; separate sauna for men and women open till 23h; cards instead of metal keys; quiet carpeted corridors; interesting spot lights in corridors; elec.kettle and a good selection of hot drinks.

• Standard Room

First night we stayed at a room with a innercourt view. Window was very small and room was dark. Maybe it is good for summer time when sun never goes down.

Nice and helpful stuff. Good breakfast Very good location for transportation

• Standard Room

Air conditioning was not working rightly. It needed about 3 hours of running to set a new temperature. Staff considered this as “normal”

Very nice location. Fantastic breakfast. Comfortable room

• Standard Room

The location is really great- the hotel is near the center, so you get to easily see many of the main sites. It is also within a 5 minute walk from the train station and other transportation. Plus, the breakfast was superb, way better than most hotel breakfasts!

• Standard Room

Breakfast was not as expected. Long queue to be seated, many people working but still not very efficient. Coffee and tea were far from each other. Lack of information on many diary products. Milk with or without fat?, youghurt natural or with taste? The personnel could be more serviceminded, I asked for a spoon for my youghurt, and they answered first, you should have one at the table. There was no spoon there, so I asked again, and the had to go fetch it from a cupboard. Many gluten-free .products, that is positive!

Good bed

• Standard Room

The cleaning for a hotel, especially of a 5 star one is horrible. Completely disappointing, had to ask for it and then just to do it myself. Very strange.

The location is perfect!

• Standard Room

Gym is small. Was crowded with 2 people in there. Tim still hasn't been services one day at 4pm after exploring all day.

Great location! Close to everything. Amazing pillows!!

• Standard Room

-lights stopped working at 4am except for one toilet light, luckily went to sleep and checked out at noon but couldn’t turn on any other lights or tv -slightly odd smell from toilet room

-great location -best value for 5 star hotel -good service -good WiFi

• Standard Room

Staying not for the first time - unfortunately this time my room was not accurately cleaned. As well I found mini bar with previous occupants' leftovers.

Nice staff at reception, I have asked for quiet room and I got it. Very wide and good choice for breakfast.

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

If you stay in a Radisson Blu (Plaza) hotel you aspect quality. In our case it wasn't. On the arrival date the room was not ready at 3 pm. When it was “ready” is was not clean. Hair of a female client before was still in the bathroom. The television wasn’t working and had to be reset. There was a Nespresso coffee machine but no coffee cups even after complaining for several days. A sauna but no manual instructions how to use is. And the outside view was a view on a pyramid roof of the dining room. Disappointing, especially when you look at Price/Quality. We paid a lot of money for 3 nights business room, it feels like wasting money. Radisson Blu lacks hospitality. There are many hotels in Helsinki, choose a other hotel.

Central in the city

• Business Room with Lounge Access

The room is pretty cold, and the air conditioner doesn't allow corrections more than 2 degrees. However the personnel was helpful enough to bring an extra heater.

The business lounge is a very nice option that I would recommend. The personnel is very friendly and helpful. Location is extremely convenient for railway travellers.

• Standard Room

We had dinner at the Restaurant on site and when I asked for the check the Bar Tender has put 3 extra drinks in the check. Luckily I checked and when I asked the Bar Tender didn't offer any explanation or didn't even apologise.

• Standard Room

I've been 3 times and the 2 first times I got a better room, bigger and with bath. So I was a bit dissapointed the third time but the room was still quite good. Gym small but OK for some training, nice sauna and great breakfast.

• Standard Room

Super hotel close to station, comfy rooms, lovely helpful staff & wonderful breakfast with my coeliac diet very well catered for! I will definitely be returning next time I visit beautiful Helsinki!

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

Restaurant did not have normal ala carte options, only menus. There was already opened wine bottle in the minibar in the room.

Very nice hotel in the centrum. Very good breakfast.

• Standard Room

Extremely slow service in the restaurant at breakfast. Waiters do not care about guests. Dirty dishes are not removed from the tables for a long time. Had to wait for the clean table and coffee. Dust in the room, bathroom lock did not work and this was not fixed during our stay.

• Standard Room

The strange room design, pseudo modern style, the non working phone, and that the promised city view was the view to the wall of the next building. I wouldn‘t have expected a view if it wasn‘t advertised when booking, and again when checking-in.

I liked the freshly made waffles for breakfast, also that the bar is open for 24 h, and the great front desk staff, who do check-in, handle requests, serve lunch and drinks all at the same time, always with a smile.

• Standard Room

I don't quite understand the reason of charging €10 for room service. Meals are expensive and not too big.

Great location in center city, nice and comfortable room, excellent breakfast.

• Business Room with Lounge Access

Only a minor gripe: moving the smoking area away from the front door would be good, it really doesn't do the lobby area any favours with stale smoke wafting in.

Breakfast is excellent with a variety of choice to suit all palates - would definitely recommend! We had access to the business lounge with free snacks and drinks between 5-7pm, which is a benefit in an expensive city. The hotel is an easy walk to the station and to all the main sights, museums, shops and restaurants.

• Standard Room

In the room I felt like something was missing, a sofa or something to put the bag on. I had to put it in the floor which is uncomfortable.

Breakfast buffet was great, there was great variety. Croissants were delicious. One of the barhroom amenities were salts for a relaxing bath.

• Standard Room

1) The floor was very dirty (dried mud) when I entered, couldn't walk on it on bare feet. Was fixed right away next morning when I reported it, but I would have preferred to enter a clean room. 2) When I checked in, I asked when the sauna closes. Little bit later I asked the reception for a bathrobe. I went to sauna (quite a long walk around the whole building) just to realise my key didn't work. Back to rec. in bathrobe, and they tell me I need a separate key to women's sauna. Why didn't the girl tell me this when I asked for the bathrobe or the opening times....?

Very good breakfasta and sauna facilities.

• Standard Room

We stayed on two separate nights at either end of a trip further North in Finland. One minor problem was that the sofas in both of the rooms we stayed in and in two others that were checked by the staff as alternatives, were not especially clean. The fabric attracts some marks and stains that don’t seem to be possible to be taken out by routine cleaning. Definitely a minor point, but for a hotel chain of this calibre and quality, the difference comes down to these minor things.

Outstanding staff. Just the right balance of helpful, courteous and attentive without being pushy or coldly professional. Amazing breakfast buffet. Right at the top end of my experience globally with choice, quality and freshness. The bedding was also supremely comfortable and pristinely clean. Perfect location for exploring Helsinki’s shops, harbour and key tourist attractions and literally a 5 minute walk from the train station, even with large suitcases.

• Business Room with Lounge Access

Sometimes upper mattress moved to another side of the bed.

Very rich breakfast, clean comfortable room, wooden floor. Curious system to turn on and off the lights, different modes of lighting and signs "clean the room" or "don't disturb", everything is on the same panel. Historical building, very close to the railway station and center.

• Standard Room

Some of the diyalogs and behavior of a staff member were Unappropriated.It was actually the turkish young man at the reception(I say this because he himself had the need to tell me his origin).Also behind the looks and some technology added to the hotel at the rooms there was so much accessories missing,the towels where so old it was disgusting.And after asking for some of the missing accessories waiting and spending my holiday time chasing after them I finally gave up.Also the more I told them the more they became suspicious.I felt like I was lying.Also the rooms were not clean as they supposed to.You dont see it right away but you notice one by one by using it.None the less, I was going to stay there for the 1-3.2.18 but I changed my mind.Radisson blue is the name which I trust without doubt, but if the staff is not equaly trained to present the hotel as it should be it’s always a problem.

There was a Nespresso machine in the room.But not in the first one, we had to change because of poor hygiene.So it could been maybe just a coincidence.

• Standard Room

Excellent stay and it’s situated at the heart of city. Where ever you want to go it’s easily accessible. Moreover, my check in and check out was super smooth and any query asked apart from that was answered promptly with a smile!

• Standard Room

There was one night that the hot water was not stable, which can be annoying in a cold winter day.

Excellent breakfast. Wonderful location and friendly staff. Comfortable beds and pillows. Had a great experience and would definitely love to stay there again.

• Standard Room

Housekeeping need to be reminded as they missed out on our housekeeping before. Breakfast variety could be improved on as we stayed there for 4 nights and every morning, it's the same stuff.

Well located. We pushed/pulled our luggage from the train station to the hotel which is conveniently located near central yet not so central where you will be affected by the noise of the city. The beds are real comfortable with a choice of pillows to chose from! Much like a menu. The pillows are abit on the soft side but no issue, just stack them. The reception/concierge were really nice and helped us to call for a cab on our last day to the airport. Would love to stay there again! :)

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

The in-room Sauna wasn't getting reaching temperature, this was the main reason for booking the Raddison. I called through to reception who said they would add it to the maintenance list. I asked this to be taken into account when we checked out, was told that no discount could be made because we booked through Booking.com

The staff were fantastic and the breakfast was wonderful.

• Standard Room

Could be more better if the room was larger.

Comfort beds and good breakfast in nice restaurant. The hotel offered very good service for storing luggage even before stay. Close to train station and really convenient and cheap going to airport.

• Standard Room

Nice hotel and comfortable room. Perfect location to reach the town centre by walk. Next two shopping centre and train station as well. It was cold in the room and we were asked to bring a heater.

• Standard Room

This did not meet the global standard of Radisson Blu hotels. We stayed on NYE. I tried to call the concierge repeatedly a few days before and couldn't get through to the hotel. They seemed immensely understaffed and overwhelmed. The room service food was atrocious and really unedible. The rooms were really aesthetically displeasing. Bring orange and purple. You would use the call button, which is set up for personalized help, and we couldn't get an answer. The hallways were incredibly dark. I think this was intentional, but to me it was a security issue. We got locked out of our room multiple times, so there was an issue with the key system. Because I couldn't reach them by phone, I asked when arriving for help with a reservation for dinner. We gave parameters on check in as they were overwhelmed. Nothing was done later in the day. On the evening, they printed a list of restaurants in Helsinki, which was not helpful. It felt like a very basic and average hotel, not the standard I am used to for Radisson Blus.

The location was good and in a great and walkable neighborhood.

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

Room cleaning was extremely poor on second day. Blanket and pillow were not changed nor well folded. Bathroom trashcan was not changed hair was still on the floor(guess not vacuum cleaned). (room cleaning got improved on next day) However my first impression was not that good when I came back to the room.

Perfect location for traveler. Kind staff.

• Standard Room

The surface in the room and the shower had seen better days. The receptionist didn't take any notice of me at first, I had to approach him myself.

Nice Common facilities

• Standard Room

A very nice business lounge with a range of Finnish furniture style seating areas. Great to have access to a sauna. Large restaurant with a wide range of breakfast options.

• Standard Room

It was a bit tricky to drive to the car park entrance. The parking fee in the hotel car park was quite expensive.

The location was near to the railway station. The breakfast : with a lot of choices. The reception staff was very helpful.

• Standard Room

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is in a great location in the city centre and just across the road from the main railway station. It is very modern and the rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is also very good.

• Standard Room

1. We prepaid for our hotel room for three nights, non-refundable. 2. Due to weather conditions in London, our flight from the US was delayed 24 hours. 3. I emailed the hotel to let them know we would be a day late. 4. On arriving at the hotel we were told by the desk clerk that if we had not notified them of our delay that the two remaining day's reservation on our prepaid room would have been given to someone else. 5. So, what is the purpose of prepaying if they can give it away? 6. What if I'd not had access to email? 7. Not pleased nor impressed.

• Standard Room

Overall service and interior were not adequate to a 5-star-hotel. Unfortunately our room was not clean when we arrived (a lot of hair in the bed and spots on the bedding). It took the staff 1,5 days and 3 (!) requests of us to bring us two bathrobes and slippers to our room so we could use them to visit the sauna. The sauna was also pretty disappointing - no atmosphere at all and the sauna lounge did not have a single couch or similar. Just a table with some chairs, like in a meeting room.

The hotel is located perfectly for a city trip, right across the square of the main train station. We really liked the breakfast's good quality and wide choice. The staff members at the reception were very friendly.

• Standard Room

When arrived instead of giving us the room we booked they gave us a room that didnt match with the room showed on their website..

I liked that our room was changed quickly to a better one after our complaint, it was fast and easy. Staff is helping and always try to do their best. We lost our credit card during our stay somewhere in the hotel and thanks to the reception lady, who did her best to find it, we got it back in the morning, although we asked for help to search it during the nightt aswell, but the guy in the reception didnt seem to bother himselff too much helping us . Unfortunately we dont remember the name of the lady who finally took care of our lost credit card,but we are still very thankful for your fast reaction, thank you alot!!! Hotel rooms are very nice and modern. The location of the hotel couldnt be better, just in the center of helsinki.

• Standard Room

the room that we booked was dirty , socks on the floor , hair in bathroom .. because of that they upgraded our room to business one

great breakfast , comfortable bed , center of Helsinki , near rail station

• Standard Room

The breakfast was crowdy and the personnel wasn't really eager to help us. The business suites breakfast in the second floor was also a rush-hour, almost everything in the table had been run out, like croissants, bread, all of the juices etc. When we asked for coffee the lady just whisped us to the corner of the room to the coffee machine. Hotel ++ , breakfast --

The room was nice, we got upgraded to business rooms to the 7th floor, 'cause it was our 1 year anniversary, that was really kind. The room was clean and spacious. The little coffee machine in the room was good quality nescafe machine, and the was a tv integrated into the toilet's mirror :D

• Standard Room

1. Bad service and rude staff. 2. Poor parking. Paid for parking and was told that we will get a specific lot to park if we headed out and return back to the hotel. However, when we returned, the lot that was allocated to us was wrong. We informed them that it is ok, we can park near to the side of the wall where there were bedsheet racks. We paid 35Euros for this lot, and you did not consider the consequences if our rental car get scratches. Staff attitude was rude and unappreciative even when we were being considerate to inform them about it. 3. Paid for breakfast option on Booking.Com but as I had to checkout earlier due to an early flight, i asked for a takeaway breakfast. The day staff told us that they will inform the night shift colleagues. To play safe, we informed the night shift receptionist to prevent further miscommunication. Next day, upon checkout, the staff told us that they did not prepare it. His attitude was rude, and nonchalent. Fyi. We paid for it, and no goodwill gesture or sorts. How ridiculous. 4. WEIRD Morning call Which hotel does morning call by using the TV to wake the guest up? Shouldnt it be the convention of calling us at the requested time. What kind of absurd idea is that. You can find better place to stay elsewhere.

• Standard Room

The bathroom was basic and the shower was not great. The temperature was constantly varying between freezing and lukewarm and the water pressure was non-existent.

This hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring Helsinki and despite being central, it was a quiet hotel. Lovely room with a comfy bed and great sofa for lounging on. Good breakfast in the morning with lots of choice, plenty of vegetarian and gluten free options.

• Standard Room

Staff was kind, warm and smiling. We were so happy for the hotel was very close to train station so it took really a short time to get there. Breakfast was great and one of the best I’ve ever had when I was abroad.

• Standard Room

Housekeeping not very good, dirty cups left on arrival and had to request teabags and milk, bed not made properly one of the days. Room cold and heating thermostat only able to increase by 2 degrees.

Bed comfy

For some reason sauna isn't open from 11 am to 4 pm

Excellent location, handy lounge, tasty breakfast, stylish rooms with comfortable beds and Scandinavian design, top quality room service

• Standard Room

An already occupied room was given first to me - unusual mistake by the Reception...

Good location next to the main railway station. Quiet room. Good restaurant.

• Standard Room

the room was cold with the air cond not capable to warm it really (you can add maximum 2 degres, this is not enough). The breakfast could be better: no Nutella, no fresh orange juice, no herrings... The fitness room is extremely small and with the minimum of equipement. They offer you to go in another fitness room not far from the hotel, but who is doing this? This is a real disappointment. The size of the hotel should make possible to have a decent fitness room.

The sauna is good and opened late at night. The food at the restaurant is good as well (dinner)

• Standard Room

Breakfasts only till 10AM on weekdays; no Microsoft Word installed on the computers available for use

Very comfortable rooms, friendly staff, delicious breakfasts

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

Specifically chose the hotel for location and parking. Parking was not available and had to use public parking a 3 block walk from the hotel. No shuttle or concern for guest due to adverse weather. Almost missed my departure flight as the public parking is inaccessible until 05:30. The bathroom reeked permanently even after room cleaning which seemed limited to making the bed and emptying the trash. Room service crockery was left in the room and the bathroom was not touched. The images of the executive suite on booking.com does not closely resemble the room I stayed in. All in all a very disappointing stay at what is supposed to be a 5 star establishment.

Entaertainment system and light control were good

• Standard Room

Corridors in hotel was too dark . Also the bathroom was tiny and little dirty and old fashioned.

Bed was excellent and room big enough. Perfect location from railway station only 3 minutes walk. Also breakfast was good and lots of different choices. Fruits and bread were fresh and tasty. Highly recommended!

• Executive Business Room with Sauna - Lounge Access

Slightly rude staff, I didn't get the feeling they would have done their best. I didn't have big wishes, but they didn't care.

Very good location. Good room (but not excellent).

• Standard Room

Service at bar was slow - perhaps may hve been due to our visit being during low season.

Very good location - in middle of city next to railway station. Walk to all areas. Great breakfast. Good price considering all aspects of stay. We had a more basic room - but it was pefect for our stay.