Reviews of Hotel Kämp 5 stars

Pohjoisesplanadi 29, Eteläinen Suurpiiri, 00100 Helsinki, Finland

#16 of 169 hotels in Helsinki

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

I would recommend to add more variety to breakfast buffet and in room dining menu, there were some construction/ renovations outside the hotel but nothing really bothered us in our stay

The best location in helsinki with top luxury stay, staff were super friendly and helpful, definitely will be back and stay at the same hotel

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Pure excellence in the heart of Helsinki! Luxurious yet cozy property, wonderful staff and service. Perfect for a short or even longer romantic getaway with your other half.

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Always very comfortable hotel to stay. The best luxury hotel in Helsinki. Executive room was spacious and had a nice view, service was great as usual.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The pillow was too thick for me. We found dust in some places in the room.

The great hotel in the heart of Helsinki. The building with the historical spirit, nice decorated rooms, 5* in all details. Service is perfect as usual, the breakfast is excellent. Baby crib on our request was prepared in advance.

No sauna access.

The hotel was lovely but I expected more luxury as such a price. Breakfast was not included and so ate at the Fazer's breakfast across the street and were not disappointed. The bed was comfortable and it was close to the train station. The sauna and gym did not seem included in the room which as a disappointment.

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

For the second night the bath was not properly cleaned.

The stuff was incredible helpful and easy to contact. All our requests were immediately executed. Excellent breakfast was served in the room. Definitely recommended!

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Rooms need more electrical outlets near the bed. The bed sheets were a bit rough for a hotel of this caliber. Service at the Brasserie was extremely slow the first night but much better the second night.

The staff was incredibly helpful, the hotel is gorgeous. The room was spacious and lovely with an incredible bathroom. The water pressure is FANTASTIC. Towels were plentiful and large. Nice little Fazer chocolates from turn-down service! The Upper Lounge experience for happy hour was so nice and relaxing, with beautiful little 'bites'. The hotel's artisanal honey lager beer was excellent. Food at the Brassiere was very good as well.

• Premium Deluxe Twin Room with Spa Access

Nothing to complain about but obviously a price level according to the high standard, so it is both the best and the most expensive hotel in Finland.

Excellent location in absolute city center. 5 stars and clearly the best hotel in Finland. Everything you expect from such a hotel: very clean and comfortable, big and well equipped rooms, nice restaurant and bar, good breakfast, good gym etc...

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

If Finland is the country with great coffee, then this hotel will be a great exception. The coffee for breakfast is simply awful. Better go for cappuccino. If you ask for room service, you will have to expect a service fee!! So, do not order only a drink or two...the service fee will double your expenses for that. Never have seen that in a hotel. I also did not like, that we had to queue for breakfast and the breakfast was also not really top notch, what you would expect from such a hotel.

Perfect located in the heart of Helsinki. Everything is in walking distance to explore the city. Very kind and helpful staff. Nice rooms and a nice bar for the evenings. The interior is really impressive.

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Some hotel staff very ambitious - one man at the reception behaved in a very unfriendly way to Guests - so difficult for him to say hi to guest and he prefer to use impolite body language instead of necessary regular language to answer the guests. Security! Still not get any CLEAR feedback about the unknown lady who entered the room. No idea why the hotel seems want to ignore that. The manager on duty at that day promised me a feedback but never received even I requested for a second time. Don’t want to say how disappointed I am and hope that won’t happen to other guests in the future.

I really want to say the hotel could have been consider as a 10/10. Architecture - historical building Location - everything walking distance Room decoration - high standard Some hotel staff - some of them happy to help Excellent brassiere - wonderful food

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

The parking is expensive, and to be honest, the rooms a bit dated for being the classic superhotel in Helsinki compared to 5 star hotels in major capitals in Europe.

Location is suberb as are the beds! Restaurants and the bar are one of the bests in Helsinki hotels.

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Pillows were too large and quite hard. Like a smaller, flatter pillow. Otherwise I get pain in my neck. Ended sleeping without a pillow, which was unusual for me. Slept ok., mostly because I was complete exhausted

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Well we booked the family room for 5 . We had no clue it would mean a cramped up room in the attic. We paid them for one night for cancellation and decided to stay somewhere else .

Staff was very friendly

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Small points but on both nights I had to request turn down service and not sure it would have hassled of I hadn't. Executive lounge was nice but compared to others at other hotels hours were a tad limited and food nibbles was finger buffet in afternoon which was served to you, so not help yourself.

Top quality hotel. Room was very nice (we are paying for a king deluxe with lounge access). Location was great, perhaps a 7 mins walk from station and team stopped a minute away. Breakfast was very professionally delivered with a good choice. Would certainly choose this hotel and room again when in Helsinki. 5* hotel.

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Dilevary charge for room sevice is high ,, I ordered a coffee for 5€ and dilevary was 12€ .. I guess 20% tax of the bill would be fare

I stayed for 10 nights, I nearly did not have any .. issue or concern during my stay Staff were helpful and friendly.. room facilities were really good.. you can feel luxury and warmness

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

the reception ppl werent nice at all. i ordered room service and they actually charged me fro delivery service!!! i will not go back or recommend for sure.

only the location

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The mattress cover had a lot of hair on it when I accidentally pulled back the mattress sheet covering it. Looks like it had not been changed in awhile. Luckily, the housekeeper quickly and willingly changed it the next day when I showed her.

Staff did a lot to help us have a great visit. They printed out work documents, changed rooms (upgraded) for us when there was an unexpected leak, and were helpful and responsive in every way. Very nice staff.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Staff were very unhelpful when two members of our party were given a room with a double bed rather two singles. One day room was not cleaned until 5.00pm - there is no door hanger saying saying 'please make up this room' although there were ones for 'do not disturb' and 'do not make up this room'.

Location, delicious breakfasts, Sunday Brunch, sense of history, good monsoon shower.

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Great location. Excellent breakfast. Comfortable rooms and very quiet. Friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Pillows were terrible even though we requested feather. Bed was average comfort. No coffee machine or media (except TV) which isn't acceptable for a 5* nowadays. Spa, only offered limited (expensive) treatments. Upgrade to lounge wasn't worth the extra.

Staff were warm, friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

SPA - not impressing. The worst breakfast experience in my life. We needed to wait for 20 min in a line to get a table. It was ridiculous. We were still 10th in the queue... then we decided to ask about the deduction on our prepayment for the hotel. We went to a restaurant 30 m from the hotel (Strindberg) and paid for the great breakfast for 2 pers. 34euro. The next day, we went to a restaurant almost opposite to the entrance ( Frazer) and paid 20 euro for a fantastic breakfast for two. On the picture below: people waiting for the breakfast. It was the worst LHW hotel experience we have had. I have been in more than 20 hotels of LHW.

The room was great.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

I thought the food offerings in the restaurant were inconsistent with the standard of the hotel. The food was very good, but a very limited menu of options. Breakfast however offers a choice for everyone.

The location, room and general facilities are excellent.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Bed pillows were too large and too hard. Sheets were "noisy".

Well attentive staff. Excellent service throughout the stay. Good security. Ease of access to the center, port, shopping and fine dining in Design District.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

We woke up to ants crawling in a line from the sink to the toilet. The second day we woke up to the ants on the bathroom ceiling. We were staying in deluxe superior rooms on the eighth floor. We reported it to management and a maintenance representative came up in the afternoon of the first day, didn't see any ants so he left with no action being taken. That's why we saw ants the next day! Rooms have safes in them but we asked to use the administration safe in the back reception area. It was frowned upon and tried to deter us without success.

The location is its greatest asset. It is within walking distance to restaurants, things to see and do. The bathrooms offer separate bathtub and shower. The shower however offers little room to bend over so don't drop your soap! The doorman was professional and friendly!

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The only problem all these luxury hotels do not give the best rest rooms to booking. com customers. They give usually the back yard overview rooms unfortunately. They ask extra charge to upgrade where we already pay fortune.

Great location, very sofisticated and clean

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

My experience at the Kamp over several years was excellent under Starwood, however, since it has become a "Leading Hotel of the World", it is grossly understaffed, the amount of requests and traffic make the situation far worse than it needs to be. This is my second visit in a few months, and on both occasions, I ordered a Kovannen car to pick me up and take me to the train station with bags and help me from the station to the train car. I have done this routine for many years, and have always had great service, however the last two times, the car did not arrive and the only bell staff had to find a taxi at the last minute who refused to help me and my friend from the station to the train and we barely made the train on time. There is NO service at the train station, so it becomes very important to have that help from a car service. The restaurant, bell staff and desk staff are spread very thin and unable to accomodate the guests as they used to. Many of the old staff are gone, and they were very service oriented. In addition, it is obvious that there has been little, if any, training of the new staff. It feels like they are cost cutting or closing and the Kamp Hotel.

The limited staff were as helpful as possible.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The location was excellent and easy to access all the near by places. The staff were friendly, courteous, and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I get another chance to visit Helsinki for sure I will prefer this hotel. Go for it !

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

No tea and coffee in the room available although you could order room service.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and they all spoke excellent English. They were always eager to help.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Nothing really.

The reception staff are really helpful. When I enquirer about the ferry schedule to Suomenlinna Fortress, she not only gave e the timetable,she gave me a brochure of the site as well. Staff are all very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

I booked this hotel a while before we went, and on checking my reservation before flying out, I found that their spa facilities were not available due to refurbishment on the dates we were staying. I emailed the hotel the inquire about this (as I had an non refundable booking) and they did not reply. We were offered no compensation for the lack of the spa.

The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were large with a very comfortable large bed, a huge bath and some really nice little touches like a rubber duck in the bath and bath salts. The hotel was in a great location, right in the center of Helsinki. The desk staff were very helpful with suggestions of where to visit and where to eat. We were able to have breakfast in the room due to the early time we were leaving (just prior to their normal breakfast time), although we did have to pay a room delivery charge for this (and there was subsequently a mix up on check out due to this, but that was quickly and happily resolved easily).

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

The spa was closed for refurbishment.

The front desk staff were very helpful with advice on where to find things in Helsinki which were a bit off the beaten track.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The room faced an inner courtyard. The was no coffee or tea in the room. The airport transfer (one of the services of the hotel enumerated in Booking) was paid, that is, there is no service.

Location. Staff.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The spa was not closed but we were not informed before our stay. very disappointed!

Location of this hotel is excellent. Consistent service, comfort and hotel facilities.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

I love this hotel! It's one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in my life. Everything was perfect - smooth check-in process, welcoming doorman service, luxurious room, fantastic location, great breakfast, comfortable bed, high quality amenities. I would love to come back to this hotel someday!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Bed was a bit hard, room temp. a little high but the rest was perfectly fine. Breakfast was especially superb, everything still warm out of the oven, wide choice, some additional things which made it special (that is what you want at a relatively expensive accommodation). Like some kind of pastiche-cherry cake-ish thing. Just perfect.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

I stayed in room 327 from 13 to 15 November 2016 from 7 o'clock was the noise from the repair work: drilling and knocking. Room with such music should not be so expensive

All. Except for the fact that did not like

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Staffs at the front desk are all modest and kind, which can't be accomplished in a day. All fixtures and facilities are well elaborated and maintained.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The value of money

The bathroom big and clean, the size of the room big, the furniture and the room been clean twice a day and finally providing the water

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The restaurant service was very slow. I also noticed that I received less attention than travelers that were not single. Maybe it was a coincidence, but it happened both times I ate there by a different staff each time. The food was delicious despite the slow service.

The reception staff were professional, friendly, helpful, and very knowledgable on the area. The room was beautiful. It definitely lived up to its 5-star rating. The large soaking tub in the room was an added bonus. The location was walking distance from all of the major sights. Couldn't ask for a better location or a more beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Everything was absolutely great!

Definitely the best hotel in Helsinki! Centrally located. You step out and you're in the park, and shopping district. Amazing breakfast! Staff were very attentive. It was our first time to travel 14 hours with my 11 month old infant and they made our stay there very easy. They provided us with a comfortable baby cot, with sofie la girafe baby toiletries, that to me made our stay a 5 star experience! Kiitos Hotel Kämp, will definitely come back!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Had continual trouble with room keys , our daughters room had a ,broken toilet seat , slow check in , cooked breakfast was cold , there didn't seem to be much difference between the more expensive rooms to the less expensive rooms , overall hotel seemed a bit tired

Location was perfect , the staff were helpful and friendly . It is beautiful old building on the outside

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Air conditioning not ideal, could not make room as cool as we would like for sleeping. And 10am is a little too early to finish serving breakfast.

Mostly everything. Staff, decor , food , quiet even though in centre of town, and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Lovely big room, extremely comfortable bed, nice, sizeable shower, separate from bath. The hotel is not far from the railway station for those arriving by train or on the Finnair bus from the airport. It is near the harbourside and next to the delightful Esplanade gardens, with cafés and eateries.

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

A bit expensive , otherwise a great place to stay.

Wonderful staff, friendly, polite and helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Spa Access

cost

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Staff were excellent and hotel was v clean and located very centrally

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Would have liked to be able to visit the spa with my child - which was not allowed.

High quality hotel. Fantastic location.

Price

Location Luxury

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

No jacuzzi in Sauna, beds could be softer

Service and location

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

Ringing on room at evning for offering water :(

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The staff were really helpful and joyful. The hotel were luxurious and glamourous. Really worth of visiting at least once in a lifetime.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Fantastic hotel, staffs pleasant and helpful, excellent location and rooms were very well appointed

• Executive King Room with Spa and Lounge Access

All the perks that came with the executive room

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Poor quality room for the price. Spa facilities are basic.

• Premium Deluxe Twin Room with Spa Access

The staff really satisfied all our needs and recommended some great restaurants.

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Altogether excellent, as ever.

Morevthsn WONDERFUL

Room price.

Location in city center. Helpful personal. Clean rooms. Breakfast was top. Easy check-in, check-out. Room services.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Pillows. Could be much softer.

Breakfast was great, wonderful. Sauna and relaxation facilities were awesome. Location fantastic.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

This is a top-notch hotel with a fantastic central location. Our room was large and comfortable. The staff was outstanding. Helsinki is wonderful!

Perfect in all means

Home from home

• Junior Suite with Spa and Lounge Access

Excellent . U won't regret staying here

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Excellent bed. Outstanding service from all members of staff we had contact with.

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The chair at the desk was not comfortable.

The rooms were very nice in an old, regal style. The bed was very comfortable.

• Premium Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The prices for alcohol and food were exorbitant.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Too expensive price for such small rooms

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

Chocolate in the room was terrible

Spa was great

none

lovely breakfast

• Junior Suite with Spa and Lounge Access

The service and the staff

leaving, it was fabulous

sauna and massage

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

The hotel is getting a little tired - probably could use a renovation in the years to come!

Great location. Old world charm in first class comfort.

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

I ate in Elm restaurant and was very expensive and food not worth for sure

I love everything about this hotel

it's a bit overpriced

very good location, in the heart of the city the staff is very nice and helpful the room was big and very clean

• Deluxe King Room with Spa Access

A little expensive but extremely good.

Can't fault this hotel at all. Everything was extremely good.

Browse Hotel Kämp traveller photo gallery