Reviews of Novotel Nadi 4 stars

Namaka Hill, 0000 Nadi, Fiji

#17 of 38 hotels in Nadi

Average
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Room airconditioned temp was not adjusted despite making the reqeust. Breakfast and Spa were over priced. Insuffient lighting in room (very dark if you are getting dressed for an evening function).

The hotel is minutes from the airport, and the hotel offers...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel may advertise itself as a four-star hotel, but this is more like a glorified motel. The temperature control doesn’t work, and the exhaust fan is loud. The lights in the bathroom and vanity area flicker so muh that would give most people a mild headache. The food at the restaurant is passable, and nothing more. Our room is located on the lower level, and the direction sign pointed us to take the stairs - while carrying a luggage. As mentioned above, it is a good option for an overnight stay, and nothing more.

The hotel is minutes from the airport, and the hotel offers free shuttles, making it a good option for an overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Overall it was fine. Enjoyed our weekend.
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

It was only one king bed and one sofa bed. For the family the room should have 2 double beds to be more comfortable.

Food was good. That we really enjoyed.

Distance to the airport & friendly & helpful staff
    • Superior Queen Room

Inside the rooms could do with some refurbishments. The bathroom door of the room we stayed in wouldn’t close properly

Distance to the airport & friendly & helpful staff

The complex as a whole was nice.
    • Superior Queen Room

The rooms were not clean. We found dead insects inside our room. The ac wasn’t working. Overall not worth the money paid

The complex as a whole was nice. Staff were very friendly and professional

The only good thing was it was only 5 mins drive from the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On the website it shows the renovated rooms, our room unfortunately was old and we had to walk 5 mins in the dark across a field to get to our dodgy room. When we got there our key didn’t work so we then had to go all the way back to sort it out. I did not feel safe walking in the dark by myself or even in the room at night when we slept. We were only staying 1 night as we had a fishing charter the next day and then flying home that night so when we checked in we asked if we could hold our bags in the storage room and then have a shower in the pool showers before we got on our flight. The lady at check in was lovely and said that would be fine unfortunately when we got back from fishing and asked where the shower were another lady had a problem with this and told us there were no towels we could use so we couldn’t use the showes. She finally gave in after a lengthy discussion and send us to the pool showers. Unfortunately when we got there the female showers had no door, no handles on the cold and hot taps and the tiles were all broken and cracked. Again they showed all these nice renovated photos on line but the room and facilities were disgusting. I would never stay here and I would never recommend to anyone

The only good thing was it was only 5 mins drive from the airport

Spacious relaxed hotel, lovely pool and surroundings to enjoy swims and walks.

none

We enjoyed the quiet room and the scenery around the pool, a lovely view of the trees and plants. The staff were really helpful and happy to be of service.

Night staff was very understanding and accomodating our...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Asked for a room change upon discovery of cockroaches scuttling across the ceiling. Found a dead cockroach in our new room.

Night staff was very understanding and accomodating our request for a change in room.

I liked the room and the balconys and the cleaning staff...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

I was given NO water - there was NO water in my room. Last time I stayed i was given one tiny 225ml bottle. This is unforgivable for tourists in a hot climate. Theere is totally inadequate wifi - 15 mins that is called half an hour if you go up to the lobby - nothing in the rooms unless you pay extra - in this day and age this too is woefully inadequate. Also my neighbour came in veery loudly after 10 pm and had an hour long conversation with his partner with the speaker on and I could hear every word.

I liked the room and the balconys and the cleaning staff were very friendly.

One night stay maximum
    • Superior Queen Room

It’s very old and run down. No internet, only in the lobby. Poor eating facilities, dark and sad......

Very close to the airport. This is a hotel where you stay maximum one night just to continue your journey, not a second more

I would stay again as a short stop over and is reasonable $$, would not stay for more than 3 days.

Shower Internet speed TV reception No bottled water included in room rate

If you are looking for a nice airport TX or stop over to somewhere else Novatel Nadi is a good option. Sadly I think they are suffering from economy woes and I see facilities being removed rather than added. Bathroom maintenance workmanship was tired but the rooms were spotlessly clean. and beds were fine. I don't mind no mini bars but they should include bottled water Shower was below average and I don't know why Hotels persist with shower over baths. They are a real pain. Generally I rule out accommodation that has over bath showers in preference to rooms with Shower cubicles. WiFi was free but only good for emails - even FB images buffered. Novatel needs to step this up or offer a high speed paid option. In my view, in room, poor internet access is no longer acceptable at hotel accommodation. In room TV reception was appalling and again at this level I expect better. No bar service poolside, but nice pool. Golf course was fun all be it was like playing on the back lawn - but a good challenge and enjoyed getting out there. No charge, so good incentive. Restaurant and bar service is excellent and I commend the Novatel for plenty of seating everywhere. It is a very comfortable place to stay.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Disappointed to say the least
    • Superior Queen Room

The only thing going for the hotel was the close proximity to the airport. The room was old and bathroom rated about a 2 star hotel, never stay in room 511 or 509. Shocking that the hotel should be rated 4 stars. Unfortunate I did not take a photograph of the bathroom

Very close to the airport and theres a free shuttle bus to...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Extra long check in and we had to wait at least 20minutes after check in for a butler to open up the room (it was late and we have a toddler and a 3,5year old who are tired). We have pre-ordered a baby cot which wasnt in the room and took another 20 minutes to have it organised. No minibar or water in the room and joined room doors were jammed and couldn’t be closed. However for one night sleepover and close proximity to the airport makes it doable.

Very close to the airport and theres a free shuttle bus to tye property

We had a very comfortable stay at Novotel.

Food was very expensive.

We had a very comfortable stay at Novotel. The rooms were dated but clean. The staff were friendly. The location was great to the airport

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Horrible experience
    • Superior Queen Room

housekeeping needs improvement and also i booked my stay with breakfast inclusive buy upon arriving for the breakfast i was told that i have to pay for my breakfast and noone could solve the matter so i paid for my breakfast

breakfast was good

Staff were friendly.
    • Superior Queen Room

Air-conditioning unit was very loud, making it difficult to sleep, and we could not turn it off.

Staff were friendly. Good variety at breakfast buffet.

Good, comfortable stay.
    • Superior Queen Room

The shower in our room could be improved as it kept falling, other than that all was good!

The location of the hotel is great in the sense it is near the airport but still a little isolated and allows the quietness and privacy you need. The staff are quite polite and helpful.

It was close to the airport and restaurant staff were...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Internet was very very expensive. $24 for 50mb Room was dirty. There was chewing gum stuck in the carpet, mould in the bathroom tile grout and the sliding glass door to the bathroom had not been cleaned in a long time The bench and cups were also dirty. There were broken tiles on the floor in the pool table area creating a trip hazard and the swimming pool was dirty. Also in the restaurant there was splattered food on the floor. It was expensive considering what else is available. Not good value. Needs a really good clean.

It was close to the airport and restaurant staff were friendly.

Bed was comfortable.
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

no in room wifi, breakfast was ok but had been sitting out so some of it was cold ie hash browns

Bed was comfortable., overall room was nice, high ceiling gave it a nice feel

Close to airport.
    • Superior Queen Room

Close to airport. My flight arrived at Nadi Airport at 3:00. So I miss the last transportation to the island. Novotel location is quite nice and for me it is a better solution that I live here and get transportation to the island by next day.

Paradise by the Airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Walk to the main road not that safe if u have small children

Great service by staff. They very quickly changed my room when requested as there was a strange odour but the room was immaculate.

Never staying here again
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn’t like how i paid cash at the reception for my massage and when i check out they try to make me paid it again, they even call me when i got drop off at the airport to paid it after they told me it’s okay. Don’t know if the staff stole my money because they told me i didn’t pay. Also they need to clean the bathroom problerly still had yellow stains around the bath. Also i went to go buy token to use the dryer and reception didn’t have any..... so i couldn’t dry my clothes! Don’t buy the beef burger at the talei restaurant it was yuck and the bread tasted old

I only stayed for one night and like how it’s near the airport. Free airport dropoff

nice layout with some good facilities and close to the...
    • Superior Queen Room

There was nothing to dislike for our purpose of transit accommodation as it suited our purpose for transit to a resort from the incoming flight

nice layout with some good facilities and close to the airport. shuttle bus was available both for incoming and outgoing times we required

Handy to airport - great choice.
    • Superior Queen Room

TripAdvisor didn’t paint a very good picture so I was pleasantly surprised. Met by complimentary coach at airport and bottle of water at reception. The doormen were very helpful. Had two meals there - food and staff were great.

Basic. Served a purpose.
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Property in need of maintenance Bathroom needs a good clean Sheets were stained

It was close to the airport Gardens were nice Free shuttle to airport

Great experience, Liked it! needs maintenance here and there, but overall would definitely recommend
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn't like that our swipe card wasn't working a couple of times, the door got stuck on the floor when opening and closing! So in need of maintenance. there was a smell every time we returned from a day trip. The pool was a little dirty and could be better developed around that area.

The breakfast was delicious, especially the fruit, the omelettes were amazing! We were happy with the assortment too. I loved the friendly staff, the location was excellent, the security was effective, always patrolling and checking perimeters etc, it has a lovely field where some of the locals play sports etc, that was cool. We had secure parking and were very comfortable most of the time.

Good location, near from Nadi airport.
    • Superior Queen Room

Good location, near from Nadi airport. Good service! Btw, front desk staff borrowed a changeover plug to me, but I put it in pocket and forgot to return, sorry for my mistake and will return it when I back Fiji!

A nice hotel for a short stay
    • Superior Queen Room

Rooms need a little care - aircon leaked onto floor at entry. Balcony sliding doors need a proper lock and balcony was a little dirty.

We were in urgent need of accommodation when our Blue Lagoon Cruise was cancelled due to Cyclone Keni and were organising our options. We had stayed here when it was the Fiji Macambo 25 years ago. Close to airport. Room was comfortable, well laid out. Nice bathroom with separate shower (better than what we had at the Sofitel later). Pool was nice and restaurant had a nice selection of food for lunch and dinner. Morning breakfast buffet was ok as well. Overall a nice budget hotel. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

Close proximity to Nadi International Airport.
    • Superior Queen Room

The first room we were allocated was not the room we booked, it was smaller. It smelt strongly of cigarette smoke, we had specifically booked a non smoking room as neither of us smoke and my husband is an asthmatic. Called reception and asked to be moved. The new room we moved to smelt far cleaner but was very dark and the bathroom incredibly old, with lots of insects at nighttime. Dinner menu was expensive and the food was very bland.

Close proximity to Nadi International Airport. Free shuttle service to airport. Breakfast buffet included in room rate.

definitely the service by the staff is what sets it apart.
    • Superior Queen Room

definitely the service by the staff is what sets it apart..the front desk staff should all be commended and the duty managers especially seremana was just too goo.

Not satisfied but buffet breakfast was good
    • Superior Queen Room

We were put in a pathetic room at first but upon enquiry at reception we were given a better room but even in this room air con was not in proper working condition The car parks were far from room and due to bad wheather we used to get wet

Only thing i liked were Staff. They were very friendly

Always a pleasant experience with Novotel, Nadi :)
    • Superior Queen Room

The air conditioner was not cool enough... The gym is good but would've been better if there was a weight bench with a bar and plates. Otherwise... all other equipment are very good quality.

Staff are always very friendly and courteous

I enjoyed the location and staff hospitality and would return
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Television reception is inadequate. Room had a musty smell when we entered, once sliding door was opened and aired the room it was Ok.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was well set up. Staff were friendly

Family weekend out
    • Superior Queen Room

There was no adjoining room door for our group with kids. Yes we were put in neighboring rooms but door access were the main doors. We just had to work out sleeping arrangements so no kid is up at night looking for their parents. The road up to the hotel is tough on the shock absorbers! As well as the driveway to the rooms. For a hotel this size, can you influence someone to come fix up the road access please. Noisy aircon. Can breakfast close at 11am? Just a suggestion. No kids pool.

Close proximity to main road and shops. Friendly helpful staff. Our group had 3 children. They were well accommodated. Breakfast was lovely. Rooms were clean. Beddings very comfy. Spacious bathroom. Free wifi (I'm an Accor member). Carparking is safe and spacious and free. Beautiful grounds for strolling around.

The food was overpriced for what u had.
    • Superior Queen Room

The food was overpriced for what u had. No fresh. I ordered fish a d chips a d paid nearly 40 bucks but the fish u could tasted it has been in freezer for long time. I complaints to management they were rude. When i checkef out the forgot my other back in the room and whwn they brought it back the suitcasr was open.

Ideal for business
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sometime wifi is unstable, no momentum in hot water shower, insecticide remained in coffee cup

Friendly staff, tasty breakfast, comfortable beds, Smooth transportation arrangements.

Unforgettably horrendous
    • Superior Queen Room

Hmm - let me tell you why Room advertised and booked because it was "air-conditioned" - was not! - This is an absolute lie and false advertising - Novotel Nadi management and staff think that a rattling noisy fan located in a smelly old disused duct will satisfy the 'dumb tourist' - they have another think coming. As we melted in to a puddle of sweat, on complaining we were told that "there is a sign on the wall", there was no sign, then told "there is a knob on the wall", there was no knob. We asked them to send someone down to fix the 'air-conditioner' a staff member appeared to demonstrate the small stick that was hidden behind the phone was the fan controller (which had been removed), - THAT my friends is NOT an air-conditioner!!! On drawing the staff to the fact that this not acceptable they relocated us to a mouldy smelling air-conditioned room at the other end of the complex - having to traverse the whole facility and carry our luggage up and down stairs in the heat and humidity at 11pm at night after having no sleep since 3am that morning - I can tell you this was not the "BULA experience we thought we had paid for and on checkout to get slapped with nearly 30% TAX was unbelievable!!!

Absolutely nothing

Grounds nice.
    • Superior Queen Room

We didn't have water after a 12 hour flight. Really needed a shower. Kept saying it was fixed but outage lasted for hours.Washing clothes cost way to much money in the self service machine.

Grounds nice. The room was comfortable. Staff very friendly.

Rooms were quite nice.
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms should be checked before the guest walk in as we checked in and found the milk packet bitten by rat and also the smell of the room wasn’t nice at all. Air conditioning didn’t work to keep the room cool.

Rooms were quite nice. Beds comfy. Location was good as it was close to the airport and major shopping and food outlets. Our room was changed to another once we notified the DM about the smell of the room and rat bites of the packet of milk.

It was pleasant, peaceful and convenient to the airport and the shops.
    • Superior Queen Room

Having to walk all the way across the hotel grounds to use the guest laundry which was situated on the opposite section from where I was. Perhaps, another laundry area for guests on the southern end of the property is in order.

I made an error with my booking and was unable to cancel or change dates however, I was upgraded to a better room for the entire time I was there. Thank you, Novotel !

Not pleasant at all
    • Superior Queen Room

The lock on my room door was so tampered with u could easily ring it open I was up all night stressing about the safety and security of the room. Also quite old bathrooms.

Tolerable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not being able to alter air conditioning easily. Don't know where controls were. No ice cube holders.

Cleanliness and layout of facilities. Lots of staff which is good and good meals.

Mediocre at best
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel is shabby and needs an upgrade. I’m surprised it carries the Novotel name, as it isn’t up to their standards. Brown doors in need of painting give the place the look of a prison block. The room itself was cleanish, but sheets were grey and needed replacing. Cockroaches in the bathroom, which was in need of renovation. No complementary water in the room, no minibar. The sliding doors to the patio were old and difficult to open and close. Hooks and chains had been added as the original locks were clearly not satisfactory. I had the buffet dinner the first evening and it was poor - little variety and what there was was bland and tasteless. A la carte was better, but the menu was limited, and expensive for what it was. Would not recommend this hotel. I had read the reviews, but chose the hotel over a beach one as I wanted to be closer to the highlands. It turned out I had little opportunity to go on excursions as the companies need a minimum of 2. Also the Denarau hotels were generally more expensive.

The location is good if you need to be near the airport, and most guests seemed to be in transit. It’s that kind of a place. Free shuttle. Several shops in the hotel. Breakfast was reasonable. You can get free internet if you join their loyalty programme. The staff were friendly and helpful.

We had a lovely time with the family in the hotel and my boys enjoyed outside activites ......
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was very hot an the a/c was not working properly......should also have a ceiling fan

The outside environment was very good with the a/c gym, tennis court, golf etc.....

Loved it, would highly recommend his place and stay here again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms were a bit old.

Excellant staff, great customer service, hospitality and friendliness made the place feel like a nice place to come home to after a big day out on the islands. Delicious food at the restaurant. Staff remember you, some even by name which adds a personal touch.

Terrible

Worst novatel i have ever stayed at. I was electrecuted by faulty wiring in a lamp. The toilet just dripped all night, and faucet in bathtub fell off! Took 40 minutes to check in😡

The food was good

The Novotel is what it is suppose to be. A close overnight hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are clean but there is a mold issue in the bathroom. I am sure they could either get some strong bleach or recaulk the bathroom to improve the look of it. The wifi comes a cost. At $40 FJD for 1 GB it is expensive. I would get a free SIM at the airport with 1.5 GB.

The hotel has seen better days. The staff are relatively friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant had decent food but the lunch selection was minimal. Overall we needed an airport hotel and this fulfilled the requirements. The price was decent as I paid 191 FJD through booking.com. I am not sure if they have pick up service but they did provide a ride to the airport.

Okay for a stopover
    • Superior Queen Room

The room furnishings were tired and the sliding windows didn't feel very secure. One room had a safe but it wasn't fixed to anything so could just have been taken away. The restaurant staff were pleasant but the service was a bit erratic. It didn't really feel like a Novotel.

The staff were helpful. It is easy to get to the airport quickly by taxi or shuttle. The Yasawa Flyer picks up from the hotel. It is quiet and set in its own grounds. The room was clean.

other than the bed.the resort is in great location near airport and facilities,staff are excellent
    • Superior Queen Room

i found the bed too hard and had trouble sleeping for long periods of time.the tv did lack a movie channel so if you did not like the sports offered there was only cnn to watch i found this very boring

the pool and cafe food areas have a good range of food.staff friendly and helpful with a smile and for a large resort they remember you i found this really nice they offered airport drop off and late checkout

Never again.....
    • Superior Queen Room

Can't believe Accor / Novatel put their name on this one.....felt unclean (sheets were about 20 years old) and there is no way we were eating there....

Didn't like any of it

One of the best hotels in Nadi we wont stay anywhere else again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cant say we didn't like anything everything was great. Just an overall lovely place to stay.

This must be one of the best hotels in Nadi we were very impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel the restaurant was great we have been to Fiji many times and stayed in many hotels before transferring to the islands I highly recommend the Novotel we will Definitely stay here again we were very impressed.

Very good
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

I wanted to have a message but there was no one . lady next door said that she will get someone to call us but no one did. quite disappointed that I could not get a message

comfortable beds very clean

We regularly stay here overnight. We love the pool, staff helpfulness 😄

Restaurant very slow

The pool is great. The staff are great, they go out of the way to help. Restaurant service very slow. Location and hotel shuttle back and forward to airport helpful and efficient.

We stayed one night on our way to a cruise, the hotel was...
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel is tired and rundown and not much around it, it was fine for a one night stopover but wouldn't stay there again.

We stayed one night on our way to a cruise, the hotel was good for that. The dinner and breakfast were good.

My stay was ok. Not really worth my money. I've paid less elsewhere and gotten more out of it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was dirty and the pipes were hanging out. They need to be updated. The room cleaning wasn't clean at all. Floor was still dusty and the sheets weren't replaced with new ones. The counter tops also had dust on them.

it was a fair selection of food. the cook wasn't always at his station so we and a few others had to wait for him. The dining area could use much better fans. coffee was very diluted. the juice displayed wasn't fresh made but out of a bottle.

Probably would not stay there again, for the cost, it was not up to standard
    • Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

facilities are quite "tired" and badly in need of a decent refurbishment. Room was scruffy, bathroom was showing its age, couch in room broken, pool needed a good clean, food and bar service to pool very slow.

handy to the airport, decent bed

Close to the airport. Nice friendly staff. Room good. Food appallingl.
    • Superior Queen Room

The restaurant menu food needs some looking at. The lunch menu was sandwiches or wraps. As a non bread eater I settled for a vegetable wrap, what I received was a lettuce wrap, the vegetables were almost none existent. The night menu was buffet, which we’ed experienced on our previous stay and didn’t want it again. The menu we were given once again very limited. Their was however chicken with a choice of sauces, I chose a creamy peppercorns sauce, my husband a rosemary sauce, both sauces were the same only mine had crushed pepper in it, my husband a few little bits if rosemary, I had the bulk of the rosemary in mine too and both were completely tasteless as was the whole meal.

The staff at reception smiling and very helpful.

Good hotel, helpful staff
    • Superior Queen Room

Room was very dark, not enough lighting, aircon noisy and not adjustable.

Friendly staff, short distance from Airport,good service. Shops good variety and well stocked.

Nice place to stay..would love to be back soon
    • Superior Queen Room

Overall hotel was perfect stay but I would say room service was average in term of distribution of toilet rolls,coffee for next day was not supplied when room service was done.

Perfect room for couple..comfy bed

Comfortable and convenient with poor service.
    • Superior Queen Room

The service in the restaurant is not good and the breakfast buffet is way below the standard expected in a Novotel. Checkin was slow and badly handled. I waited 15 mins before getting the key to my room

Rooms are comfortable and the airport is nearby.

overall comfort stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi access is really a headache.. Firstly need to sign up as a member to get complementary wifi, it's understandable as it's a standard hotel group policy. However Wifi access code provided is valid for 1 device only - I stay for work, need to connect both my phone and laptop, went to front desk for an additional code. Second day realized the code expired... need to go front desk and request again... It's a small thing, but very annoying, specially we are here for work.

Good location, not far from airport. Taxi fare from/to airport is around 5-7 FJD. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Beverages were very expensive in comparision to other Hotels in Fiji would not Buy drinks.
    • Superior Queen Room

MY ROOM HAD A BATH / SHOWER AND TOO HARD TO GET INTO THE SHOWER BECAUSE OF THE HIGH BATH HEIGHT - DID NOT SHOWER DURING MY STAY ?? ROOMS TOO FAR TO WALK FOR SENIORS -- THE HOTEL SHOULD HAVE GOLF CARTS TO GET YOU AROUND LIKE THE FIJIAN HOTEL ON THE CORAL COAST --HAVING SAID THAT? --THE HOTEL CHANGED MY ALLOCATED ROOM TO A CLOSER ONE TO THE FRONT OFFICE -FRONT OFFICE STAFF WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP ME IN THIS SITUATION 100% -and thank you for your support in this matter

VERY CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT --

I have stayed here many times as it suits me but it really needs an up grade
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

I have found over the past few years that the rooms are starting to show their age in particular the showers, they really need to be up graded to a more modern look with better shower head etc

The dining area is fine however to prepare your own breakfast it can be rather crowded at busy times, not a lot of space available

Ok as a quick stop. Nothing special and tiered needing an update
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Filthy bathrooms Bath mats were filthy and stained Bathroom walls and floor filthy Sheets are old with marks and need replacing NO INTERNET OR WIFI signal in rooms even though it clams to have wifi ability in rooms Room edges falling off dressers and doors No pay TV or DVD or movie options Manager not very accommodating re: no internet signal in rooms Staff customer service was very average except for Sula who was above amazing. No effort put in to make you feel comfortable or accommodate basic needs Rang reception about 5 times over 2 hours for help and gave up in the end as they never called back Said they would bring towels 3 times and never did No shade over pool Hotel is very tiered and needs some TLC and needs to fix a lot of broken things Massage was $299FJD (rip off) Only recommend staying 1 night for a transition not somewhere to expect anything flash

Sula in the restaurant made the stay at the Novotel wonderful. He was amazing. Giving us advice, always happy and ready to help us with anything we needed. What a wonderful man. We could not have ask for better customer service from him. The rest of the staff were pretty slack. It's a big hotel so loads of space Gym was good Inclosed balcony off room is wonderful and private Room layout good and quite spacious Breakfast is wonderful

First and last time.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

We were here for a very last minute stay and in all honesty my stay was horrible and will not be coming back. The restaraunt night staff were polite because they needed to be but that totally is defeated by the more than disappointing service - Another and I came in the same time as a male in which my friend ordered the same meal minutes before him. He managed to get his meal first AND finish his meal with his extra sides before we even received our meals that shouldn't have taken that long. When we received it there was no apology which we would understand if he forgot to bring it but he knew damn well that it was cold and the side sauces hardened up from the meal basically being air dried. They are very lucky I didn't become verbal but it took every ounce of me to let it go but all we wanted was a nice hot meal and believe they took advantage of us being as nice as we were and did very much get the impression they looked down on us from the different level of service and attentiveness the staff had with other customers (we are both successful bankers but I guess some still do take face value into strong consideration). The damp smell in the room that eventually goes away after a day needs to be fixed. Another was the in-room wifi which we needed at early hours due to time difference. Staff did not know how to help me and pretty much saying they'll get someone to come to the room (which never happened). After all this it was not sorted at all with no response nor follow up...all I needed was a yes or no...... I know Novotel is inexpensive but sad to say it really only paid for a roof and bed.

The concierge staff Navin and John were awesome. Pool opened 24hours which was the only highlight to my stay.

Poor quality
    • Superior Queen Room

Its a 2-3 star max Hotel, buts its drinks & food prices are 5 star, but quality is still only 3. IE: cheap rooms but expensive (priced) food & drinks, Long walks to get room service when the phone didn't work & couldn't open or then relock door--3 times !!

Friendly staff that tried hard under poor condidtions

The buffet dinner wasn't as good as our first night...
    • Superior Queen Room

The buffet dinner wasn't as good as our first night (first nights stay it was amazing, a week later not so great) and the room was very very noisy. Paper thin walls. We had an early flight but each time we were almost asleep loud talking, doors slamming, would wake us up. We were meant to get a superior room but looked like we got the most basic room. Staff were very helpful and friendly though which was great.

Disappointed to see what was once a great hotel now a very mediocre reflection of its former status.
    • Superior Queen Room

The check-in was stressful. The lady (Loata) was inefficient, slow and very unwelcoming. After a long journey to spend 20 mins to get a key to the room is unacceptable. The standard of food in the restaurant has deteriorated remarkably. The breakfast buffet is pathetic and not worthy of a Novotel.

Room was clean and comfortable. Restaurant staff were friendly

Very close to the airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was older and needed some work. The toilet leaked from the bottom, the shower was very difficult to operate and the sliding door to the back patio was very squeaky and hard to open as well the screen had several holes. The room remained warm as there was not a proper air-conditioning unit or the ability to adjust the room temperature.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

It's ok if you need quick and easy access to the airport
    • Superior Queen Room

The bed - not uncomfortable The bathroom - low power and hot water was inconsistent The room - dated style

Fitness centre Breakfast (although it wasn't included in the price)

Easy and comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi wasn't working properly in the foyer and the toilet water was continually running in the first room that we had. However staff arranged a change of rooms once we let them know the issue.

Nice easy and safe accommodation not too far from the airport and set away from the main road. Comfortable and convenient rooms. We enjoyed the swimming pool and it was nice to have a view of the hills. Staff were friendly and willing to help.

Budget stopover
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The standard room was very far from the main buildings and we had a handful of small cockroaches in our bathroom. They should warn you that your room will be of a lesser standard than their other rooms if you book a deal online. I would have upgraded if I had known that we would be in an outer building with a less maintenanced room. This is not like any other Novotel that I have stayed in... They need to upgrade their bathrooms not only in the rooms but also throughout the entire hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is very convenient to the airport.

Wouldn't stay again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room smelt musty. The overall accommodation was very tired. The bathroom especially had lots of black mould around bath and we spotted one cockroach. The food and drink grossly overpriced and food not good.

Closeness to the airport. Banana smoothies. Lovely view from the room.

A bit overpriced for what it offers
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

For short stays, I've previously stayed at Tokatoka opposite the airport. For less money, I found that property nicer, more up to date, with a better ambience, and better food. This was my first time at Novotel Nadi, which I don't find as nice as the Novotel in Suva - in terms of lobby/restaurant and food quality. Of course expectations should be lower with an airport hotel. My biggest let down was my dinner. I ordered the vegetarian curry for 28 Fiji dollars. It was a mushy potato curry that tasted like leftovers that had been reheated several times. The dahl was good, but the roti was undercooked, and the condiments were more suited to a meat curry. It didn't add up to much more than a roti parcel one could buy in town for 2$. People around me had ordered fish, and other items on the menu that looked nicer. The room was fine for an overnight stay, but definitely no nice extra touches.

There is a bathtub. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Shuttle was there to pick me up on time, and in the morning the hotel sent me in their cab as soon as I was ready to go.

Very basic hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms and hotel in general was very basic and dated. Dinner from restaurant was the worst we had in our 12 days in fiji. Very disapointed in the restauant. A kids playground would of been good. Pool didnt look very inviting, dated.

Location. Free airport transfer.