Reviews of Aparthotel Adagio Access Paris Porte De Charenton

203 Rue De Paris, 12th arr., 94220 Charenton-le-Pont, France

#2 of 4 hotels in Charenton-le-Pont

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

The rooms were cleaned but places behind something and small corners etc were not so there was a lot of dust there. But the room itself overall was clean.

Staff is really nice, 11+ for the staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Not so clean Stuffy - in end May - no AC or fans Old carpet & furniture Small reception area Not so welcoming passage to the rooms Small breakfast area - with same menu - all readymade items - during our 2 days stay

Slightly in outskirts of Paris, but well connected to metro stations - Liberty & Porte de Charenton. Good residential area Good restaurants nearby

• Studio (1 Adult)

WiFi was unstable for work, the highway is very noisy (but a closed window fixes it). View from the window overlooks the cemetery.

Good kitchen on room, friendly staff, comfort location near subway station

• Studio (2 Adults)

Just the extra parking paying could be included in the accommodation bill and was not . Breakfast is extra and the cleaning room or changing towels is not included

Staff and location are the best in Paris .

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Is disadvantage that you must pay extra for the room cleanliness. The carpet is dirty and smells terrible. The rooms are old-fashioned and not painted. A refurbishment is required immediately.

Very nice a quite location, close to the metro station '' Liberte - line 8 ''. The reception area - only - is very modern and the breakfast is quite good.

Staff is not friendly.

Usually it is my first choice when I visit Paris. Room is clean and with kitchen , close to Metro and to Paris center, nearby Restaurant: Turkish, Italian.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The room was very old and worn out. It would at least need a new bed, floor carpeting (it does not look very clean) and wall refreshment. Cleaning (and fresh towels) was only provided after 8 days, so at least a broom would be helpful.

The location is not the Paris center, but the Metro/Tram station is very close (5 min walk) and you can be near e.g. Louvre in 30 min. Room/apartment was big enough. The Wi-Fi connection was very strong, no problems even for video calls. The little kitchen is quite well equipped (microwave, dishes, detergent, cloths, etc.) and that is convenient for longer visits. My room was heading opposite the streets, therefore it was quite silent (but you have to be aware that kitchen is inside the sleeping area, therefore some sounds of the fridge are expected).

• Studio (2 Adults)

For 4 nights, the trash cans were never emptied. No room/bathroom cleaning at all.

The cooking facilities, breakfast and near my business destination

• Studio (2 Adults)

Room in poor condition, AC didn't work, wardrobe runners broken and couldn't open properly, window continually rattled when closed, lights very dim, walls and flooring in poor condition (scuffs and tearing), hard to sleep at night with continual plumbing noises through walls.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Studio (2 Adults)

the room was super smelly (probably lots of people smoked inside) and the blankets did not look clean. Moreover, there was only one towel in the bathroom while I reserved for two people. Parking was fully booked although the website stated that it was not necessary to book it in advance.

Nice staff

• Studio (2 Adults)

The only thing we were a little bit disappointed was that the everyday cleaning room service is not included in the price and it is extra paid. So if you are staying for less than a week you probably won't have issues if you keep your room in order and do not use your outside shoes in the room. The other option is to just pay for a daily cleaning when needed.

The ratio value/price is probably one of the best you can find in central Paris. Our room had every a visitor can need and it was two times larger than most of the other hotel we were checking and around 25% cheaper compared to them. Yes, the landmarks you are here to see are not in walking range (~5 to 10km away) but the metro line that goes near the hotel reaches mostly all landmarks in the city center without even changing trains (takes from 15 to 30 mins in the metro).

• Studio (1 Adult)

although reception area/lifts were very modern, my room was very dated, dirty carpet, uncomfortable sofa as didn't return properly, not homely for an apartment one female member of staff was unwilling to help me with a taxi, claiming they wouldn't be running due to the snowy weather yet managed to get one on my own

Temperature was consistently great due to the cold weather, male member of staff extremely helpful to print off documents I needed for work

That we where not able to stay longer this time.

Very good location. Different public transport is present within walking distance. Nice and quite neighbourhood. Within walking distance, different shops, restaurants, etc.. Great value for your money. Parking is available at the hotel. Nice breakfast with a variety of foods. This hotel is certainly recommended, we have been here before and we will be back.

• Studio (1 Adult)

The location was less than ideal; I really would have preferred something closer to Bercy; failing that, it would have been nice to have detailed visiter transportation information (i.e. stuff regarding how long the metro is open and what Night Buses (if any) are available. That knowledge would have made my stay much more enjoyable.

Beautiful and well appointed; the kitchenette had everything but an oven.

• Studio (2 Adults)

We asked for a double bed while making the reservation, but the room had two single beds. Didn't get breakfast, I think it was a little overpriced.

It's a bit far from the center, but very well connected with a Metro station 5min away. Takes around 40min to get almost anywhere. Friendly staff, they let us leave our baggage on the last day until it was time to go to the airport.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The property is very close to the motorway, however the two layers of windows meant there was no noise. Due to the cold weather we didn't need to open the windows, but maybe in the Summer it could be a negative.

Excellent location only 5 minutes walking from the Metro Station. Not far from Central Paris. Staff were all very friendly, spoke very good English and it was possible to check in a bit earlier than normal. The local area has many good restaurants, Cafes nearby.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The 1 bedroom apartment was not good at all. The bathroom is divided into two separate areas, which is not user friendly. The private bedroom is tooooo small that you can barely walk in it. The apartment is not in very good condition. The pillows and the sheets were not very clean. I was disappointed. I stayed in the standard rooms of the hotel before and they are much better. I do not recommend the 1 bedroom apartment.

Close to the metro and in a safe area.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The rooms are very tired and could use a refurb...not very comfortable, and humidity smell wasn't very pleasant, which is a pity.

friendly and very helpful staff, quiet rooms, safe location, relatively clean, and near the tube station.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The rooms are in need of some refreshing, the carpet was worn out in my room, also in the WC/shower room some things were broken. My TV had some channels in English on the list, but none could be watched - there was no signal.

This is an apartment hotel between the Porte de Charenton stop of tram line 3A and the Liberté station of metro line 8. My room was basic but with a reasonably equipped kitchenette. Wifi worked reasonably. There is a Simply foodstore at perhaps 500 ms from the hotel. I had previously stayed at another Adagio apartment hotel in Bercy which was way fancier and newer. This one is Adagio Access and the standard is lower. I didn't try the breakfast. It was expensive to buy; one can eat much cheaper in any cafeteria nearby.

• Studio (1 Adult)

It is a little old, some items should be changed or renovated

It is a nice, cosy and comfy place near the subway. The staff is smiling and very helpful

• Studio (2 Adults)

Quite a wait to check-in as it was busy and was told to wait 3-4 minutes while a customer that came in the door after me was helped.

Very nice assistant manager, very helpful.

• Studio (2 Adults)

I didn't liked the cleaning service, because you needed to pay for it.

The view seen from the window was nice (you can see the Eiffel Tower), the window stops the sound from the street and you can have a silence and peaceful sleep

• Studio (2 Adults)

>Hotel wifi is good to get your mandatory things done but not so fast. >Coffee machine and boiler in my room was not OK (I couldn't get hot water from). >Safe location was very bad that I have to bent on the floor to leave my things inside. >I couldn't find anything to lock my laptop to in the room. >I don't know why my reservation didn't include room service & so I had to take my trash to basement. >I had to pay like 4.5 € extra's than reservation via booking as a city tax, I would prefer if they were included in the booking reservation from beginning. >I tried to reserve a taxi from the reception to the airport but it was like 15 to 30 € more than using Uber. >Hotel vending machine doesn't have a lot of choices.

>Hotel is safe. >Hotel have a luggage secured room to leave your bags after check out or before check in. >Hotel location is good between 2 different metro stations of around 5min to each. >Hotel is near Bercy 2 Hotel with carrefour & H&M inside (about 10 min wake). >Hotel has a good view, and I could even see Eiffel tower in Morning & at night. >Hotel is quite and no noise around or inside. >Hotel bathroom ventilation is good. >Hotel rooms are clean. >Rooms got Wifi, TV, safe, air conditioner, small table, desk, 2 chairs, bathroom (with hair dryer, clean towels, toilet papers and hand washes) & mini kitchen with (coffee machine, boiler, microwave, sink, cups, plates and all table staff, cleaning staff) most in good shape. Overall it is like a small studio apartment. >Room bed sheets were clean. >Hotel staff are good, helpful, friendly, can speak English well & available 24/7. >Check in process was really super easy and fast & even they give all guests a free juice bottle as a gift. >Hotel has a restaurant for breakfast but I didn't try. >Hotel has a vending machine. >Hotel lifts are good. >Hotel hold an amount on my card but it was returned like 1 week before the check in date.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

They need major renovation. The stuff is nice though. I feel bad for them that they work in this hotel.

This hotel looks nothing like the pictures on the web site. We have ordered a family suite and it was smaller than the pictures showed. It missed an extra couch and an extra room!! Also, the hotel has shabby walls, chipped paint, and grungy carpet you do not want to step on. The bathroom was redone, so was the toilet, but toilet is missing the sink and you have to cross the living room to get to the bathroom to wash your hands. The beds are new and cheaply made but one thing they have going for them is that I slept well on these cheap mattresses. Other than that, it was very unpleasant to come home to this hotel after a day in Paris. We are not returning.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Although the main things, the bathroom and bed were clean the studio apartment felt very tired, the white walls was dirty and marked.

The staff at reception were very welcoming in particular Claire who was always very friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

This time around, there were no sheets in the living room sofa-bed( clic clac in French). When I went downstairs to ask for sheets, I was not the only one. The reception desk clerk was very helpful and found some for us.

Second ( but not last) time in Aparthotel Adagio. Big rooms, lots of closets,big bathroom. It is near the metro and buses. Breakfast is not expensive.Comfortable beds. Cozy.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The rooms were unbearably hot. The aircon wasn't working. When we opened the windows for some air the noise from the Periferique was so loud we could not even hear each other speak. None of us slept properly. It was a truly horrible experience.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The air conditioning didn't work at all The sofa bed wasn't comfortable After the first 5 days the stove,microwave and fridge didn't work The person who was supposed to work out this issue was chatting in reception and when I went to ask him to fix it he said that he was busy and he was going through things 'step by step' By this time it was 11.00pm and I had told reception about this at 8am . I was forced to throw out almost 30-40€ of food as my fridge was not cold anymore. I still had not had anyone round but at 12 o'clock a person came and said he wasn't a engineer or a technician of any kind. He said we would have to wait until the following morning. We were given another apartment to cook food in . I called booking.com twice the next day and only then did we get a proper person to fix the units. We were staying for 9 days so we got weekly cleaning we were supposed to have it on Friday but we didn't get it done until Sunday

The receptionist Noma was helpful The cutlery and pots,pans etc. were good You can ask for a iron at reception There was a hairdryer It comes with basic soap

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The room was a bit small.

I think it is difficult to find in France a good hotel, without spending a lot of money. At Adagio, the personnel is very good and polite(something difficult to find in Paris) and they try anything to make you happy.It is clean and they have a shower, difficult thing to find in France( mostly is bathtubs) which is good for older people( my dad). The hotel has an elevator and a good garage, so you can park there, paying a fee.

• Superior Studio (2 Adults)

The room we stayed in was "tired" and in need of refurbishment - I guess the rooms haven't been updated since around 2009, when I stayed there for a first time, and it starts showing

I've stayed at this hotel before and I like it's location (fairly easy access to the metro, and parking a car, without needing to enter Paris). The price/quality balance is OK

• Studio (2 Adults)

Some spots in the room weren't clean. We also didn't get fresh towels or new toilet paper.

Service and price. The people behind the reception were very friendly.

Not much really.

Pretty much what you would expect: Room is fully furnished, the small kitchen has cutlery, glasses, and everything you might need for two persons, comfort is basic but the bed is good, no noise from the outside. Reception was open all night, and metro and tram are close by. I didn't take the breakfast so cannot comment.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

-Well the room for 3 people I thin was small , they had only one bed for two to sleep on and the other person sleep on the sofa -There was something wrong with the kitchen oven eye , I had to way for hours for it to heat properly although I have the timer on .

I like it is close to the metro staff are nice

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The room was filthy and smelled really bad. The carpet was disgusting especially around the kitchen - there was filth everywhere. The fridge and cabinet under the sink was broken - the door was literally hanging out and the kitchen cabinets, cook top were dirty. Dust would fall every time I pulled the curtains. There were dirty hand prints and stains all over the doors and walls We had to keep the windows closed because of the noise from the street and highway even though it was very hot. Finally on the third day one of the staff members took action and had the carpet steam cleaned. Note that I had stayed at this hotel 6 years ago and it was nice and very well maintained and that's why we decided to go back but were shocked to see how it has fallen into ill repair.

Not much. The price is OK but does not justify the poor conditions of the hotel.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Generally view from the room was OK, but only with closed window. There is a 8-lane (4 lanes each way) street & tunnel outside the hotel. You do not notice it when window is closed, really sound proofed. But to let the fresh air in you have to open the window. And then you cannot hear your thoughts or your roommates. This is 24/7.

Nice small kitchen in the room, with all the staff needed. Kettle, plates, various knives, glasses. All you need to prepare breakfast & dinner. You could even cook lunch as well, if you wanted to. There are various shops close to the hotel, so all the groceries are available and in fairly good prices.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The matress slipped a bit, but I think many people have underlined this issue.

This apart hotel is what an active traveller looks for - moderate price, good location and public transportation, equipped kitchennet, clean toilet and bathroom, groceries nextdoor AND extremely helpful reception staff. I would like to specially mention Ms. Katherine - this staff memeber speaks Italian, French, English and Russian and is willing to help guests in each situation, resolve your difficulties and give information help with maps, routes, tickets, exhibition, etc. The aparthotel is easy to find. It is located near the motorway, but after tirying excursions we were deadly tired and did not really hear anything at night, even though the windows were wide open. The conditioner worked ok, but, probably not cold enough for the North American guests. WiFi was for free and was ok to read news, reply mail and watch some movies. The Aparthotel is situated in a good Jewish neighbourhood. No criminals, pocketpicking, refugees or beggers (if it is an issue for someone). The grocery is 400m along the street with a sufficient range of food, wines and moderate prices. Carefour is FAR!!! You will spend appr. 40 min. to get there on foot even though it looks like it is in a short distance from the apart hotel. I would recommend to bring some sugar, salt, tea/coffee and a sharp knife with you.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Could have been great to have a kettle and a toaster as well but otherwise had everything we needed.

Close to metro, safe area, next to a huge park that is good for running, room size and facilities met my expectations.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Not even a simple complain.

I loved the staff. They were ultra nice and thoughtful. The apartment was ultra clean and comfortable. Due to the proximity to a highway it has double glassed double windows and you even forget you have a highway next to you. Perfect 3 days.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Horribly hot...No air condition in the room made it very difficult during our stay...as Paris was very warm...

The Staff at the Reception was very helpful....

• Studio (2 Adults)

The only down point on this property was the heat in the rooms. It was close to 34 degrees in Paris and in the late teens in the evening. The apartments were supposed to have A/C but did not work in the majority of the rooms so the windows had to be kept open for fresh air but being close to main roads it was very noisy. A simple fan in each apartment would have solved the problem

The apartments were very well kept, very clean, and with all amenities required. The staff were very helpful and polite and very informative. The breakfast facilities were very good with a good choice for continental breakfasts.

• Studio (2 Adults)

It was pretty small. I lived in Paris and I know that all hotels and apartments are pretty small. But this was a bit smaller than I expected. It wasn't really a problem, just unexpected. The WiFi was pretty bad too. Connectivity to CDG is a bit of an issue (lots of changes)

The place was clean and reasonably cheap. It was also close to the event I was attending. It was a good value for the money. Close to Rue de Charenton station and you can walk to Daumesnil without much trouble.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Unfriendly staff, double bed and a single small blanket for two persons. Vending machine broken, no water. Smelly and super loud due to highway next to the hotel

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

No hair dryer, need to ask every time at the reception and give it back when you finish. Picture on the Booking didn't match reality, room was extremely small. The Window faced Motorway -forget to sleep with an open windows (soundproofing of the window and apartment in general was good, though) If you coming from UK, Germany or Russia would not recommend to take a Breakfast, nothing to eat there, cheaper to go somewhere to a Patteserie.

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with a 5 years old kid and planed to share a bed (good point- they didn't charge an extra fees for that, bad points: we indicated that we coming with a kid and found only 2 pillows instead of 3, after speaking with receptionist got an extra pillow) Relatively good location 5 min to nearest Metro station and big park, haven't gone there, looked unsafe (have seen immigrants/ homeless shelters). Good and not expensive underground car park, a bit confusing to find the way out of there (more signs needed). Overall - good value for the money ,but want stayed there next time. Apartment wasn't cosy at all, bare white walls.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Cleaning is extra in the rooms for stays up to a week (!), but upon arrival the room was clean enough. No hot water left in the shower in the evening (or broken control valve) ? Not quite attractive location and not easy to reach on foot from some directions (highway and dozens of rails around) It felt like it should have been cheaper (but probably couldn't given the prices in Paris)

The room was equipped with everything a budget traveler can need (stove, microwave, fridge, cutlery, portable heater) Comfortable beds Staff was super nice Wifi, although the signal was supposedly weak, worked just fine

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Studio (1 Adult)

The accommodations weren't terribly comfortable, and the room was not well upkept, although it was generally quite clean.

The hotel had good value and was very inexpensive. It was close to public transport and quite close to Gare de Lyon.

• Studio (1 Adult)

very nice hotel. the staff is very friendly and polite. the price was very good for this hotel. the breakfast was very nice. every morning fresh croissants, coffee, cheeses, etc..

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Worst hotel experience I have had for as long as I can remember. the staff is absolutely not helpful, can't get a bottle of water, phone to call reception did not work, sent in an agent to kick us out when they never mentioned check out time. overall no sense of service...

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Studio (1 Adult)

It was nice to have your own 'home' away from home, where you can cook all your meals. There's city bikes close by, so that was something I used a lot - besides walking.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Studio (1 Adult)

The wifi wasn't great, but I could have purchased the better version.

Loved the apartment, the ability to cook your own meal and I had a very nice view from my room. Metro station is so close and so are the rental car or bikes. Everything is close by.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

It was worth Hotel I have ever been entire of my life. At the beginning they didnt even reply to my email. Then when I arrived I was shocked and to be honest embarrassed front of my wife. The rooms pictures is not represent with the actual room they offer. It was smelly and dirty. Unfriendly staff which they get paid the minimum wage and dont even care whats your need and ecpexting from hotel. When i asked to change room they said your room in standard and we have bigger room 2 square meters which you have to pay 70 euro extera. Then they show another room in fifth floor which all geust apparently smoking in that floor. However when i mention to the reception they said this is non smoking hotel but people they dont listen. (What a respond ). I will highly recommend to investigate more and dont relay on flashy pictures. Also this 7.4 rates also misleading me. I dont know how this high rates granted to this hotel. Probably there is somethings going on between this hotel administration and booking.com website. They might not even publish my feed back as might loosing money.

Absolutely nothing to like. So disappointed

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The apartments are not so beautiful like in the photos, and there is a very bad smell on the third floor. They don't clean the apartment during your stay, and if you want to, you have to pay.

The staff is always so Kind and helpful. The Position is near the metro-stop, wich bring everywhere in Paris.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

i dont find any good point in this Hottel, no wifi signal in the room ,i ascked to see the room first, the man from reception ascked me " Do you want the room or not ??? " very strage interlop people at the reception,not friendly at all, night we was going to go eat in the city at reception was a man half neaked, the bad was ripped terible hotel. Idont recomand, i dont now how it hase rating of 8 but is more on 3

Dont go there

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

Perfect for travellers who arrive by car - easy to find, right on the Peripherique and main thoroughfare to central Paris. Apartment with separate bedroom and parlor with dining area and well equipped kitchenette. Good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

The actual apartment. I almost wanted to cry when I came in as it looked cheap, claustrophobic and looked different from the website pictures. More from the 80s. I must admit I was very disappointed, as it was the first trip for my 2 year old and my partner. We had to stay in Charenton due to family living nearby.

The staff. Very friendly, helpful, professional. Definitely 5 Stars to the staff.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Studio (1 Adult)

My window was overlooking a huge road. It was impossible to open it because of the noise.

It is very close to the tube station Porte de Charenton and there are several bio supermarkets not far away from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

The room was to warm and i could hear the busy movement in the highway, when i opened the window. (During summertime)

The bed was comfortable and the kitchen had the necessary utensils.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Location. Longer Metro journey into the centre than was apparent from the web site. Apartment was sparsely furnished. Only mirror was in the bathroom,no dressing table anywhere. No armchairs or sofa. Extra bed was not a sofa-bed, simply a folded bed... The apartment was for four but not even furnished for one. Air con almost non-existent, Apartment was uncomfortably hot.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Studio (1 Adult)

I booked 5 days in this hotel. But I checked out 2 days earlier. The front desk said they will refund the 2 days to me. But their manager wasn't here. So they have to do it when their manager come back . I trust them .but when I came back to Canada and called them to confirm my account. The my just sent me a email and told me they won't give the money back. It's terrible.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Breakfast room staff sour and unhelpful.Apartments a little bare. No pictures white walls.

Comfortable beds including bed settee.very clean.good level of kitchen equipment.close to metro and trams.efficient and helpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

the room could be refreshed a bit (painted), carpet changed

very good localisation near metro station, nice personnel, bathroom in a very good condition, underground parking

The design of the room. Old furniture. No aircondition

Average hotel. Nothing special to like

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Breakfast was ok, room small and hot, bed was too small

room had good space and was relatively quite

Muy confortable

APPART HOTEL AGREABLE

• Studio (2 Adults)

No air conditioning very uncomfortable nights to hot need to get some fans

• Studio (2 Adults)

Bathroom was a little bit old

Little things to eat in the lobby free of charge

Rooms was very small

Friendly stuff and good location

Cleanliness

Very comfortable bed.

WIFI needs serious improvement

I like the staff and easy going, although I had to wait a while to get my receipt upon check out

• Studio (1 Adult)

Shower power was not very powerful

Big bathroom, big room, great staff

• Studio (2 Adults)

The room service was not done even after requesting.

The kitchen facilities was nice.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Good value for money. Nice room.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Maybe that the corridor are quite old (the wallpaper I mean)

Easy to find and good space

• Studio (2 Adults)

Location good. Staff very polite and helpful

• One-Bedroom Apartment (4 Adults)

Should be better cleaning.

Personel its very kind and bed are very comfortable.