Reviews of Hôtel Aladin 2 stars

#1388 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

5.9

5.9

• Standard Single Room

The decoration could be better, but it must be understood that it is 2 star, not 4 or 5. With better decor the price would probably double.

Excellent location. Very quiet, but still close to bus and metro. Lots of bars and restaurants very near and the Latin Quarter an easy walk away. Very helpful staff. Scrupulously clean bathroom and comfortable bed.

- bath room is a bit tiny. But not a problem at all. After all great experience. :)

- location of the hotel - very close to 2 metro stations. - SAFE AND QUIET PLACE - lot of cafes and restaurants near the hotel - clean rooms - very friendly staff - it has an elevator

• Standard Twin Room

Mattresses too old (Squashed). Wallpaper peeling off the walls. High humidity. WiFi is able only for two gadgets, and within one hour. We should have updated WiFi every hour. No sound insulation. It's impossible to get enough sleep. Curtains and bedspreads are too old and too dirty. Carpeting is dirty. Barn and not a hotel. Categorically do not recommend. The price doesn't match the quality. Very bad impressions. Very sorry about our choice.

One member of staff was not helpful, no iron was available, bins were not emptied on a daily basis, the whole hotel smelt damp

The manager was really committed and helpful.

• Standard Single Room

Friendly staff. Hotel is okay I would stay there again. The location is great, right near the place d'italie. Many shops, Reston, tree lined boulevards, etc. ah, Paris!

• Standard Twin Room

The room was smelly and dirty because of the carpet that probably was never cleaned. We asked to change room but they didn't want to give us a new room even they were not fully booked. We stayed at room 3

Could have better instalation such as a good shower or another landscape (there were scaffoldings)

The place was well comunicate with the public transport

• Standard Single Room

VERY dark hallway into the rooms especially during day time when you return with your eyes having been used to the bright outside --- it is almost completely dark, only very dim light coming from the exit signs. Only when staff is undertaking the room cleaning the hallway is lit up. I stumbled over the steps into my room several times because of the dark.

• Standard Twin Room

Old man at reception desk did not want to call taxi for us with excuse that phone is occupied and taxi station is near (which was true but no taxi on lot was available).

Value for money. Location.

Nothing to complain about. Thank you for a lovely stay.

This hotel was in a great location. We booked at late notice due to another hotel we had booked being far below expectation. Do not expect fresh modern rooms but you can expect comfort, cleanliness and helpful staff. The hotel is very close to a Metro station which connects to all major landmarks with ease. There are some lovely restaurants near by and a small supermarket minutes away. Breakfast was excellent and we both had a lovely stay.

I didn’t like the room .see the attached images.you will understand the state of the hotel .the blanket looks very old same as they use in prison. Overall this hotel need a serious refurbishment.not just taking people’s money. Very disappointed.does n’t worth the money I paid.big questions how they had their stars ⭐️ ⭐️ From .

Good location Everyday housekeeping. 24h receptionist. Friendly staffs.

• Standard Single Room

I was made to wait for more than hour for checking in and I paid by cash even though amount was blocked by card and receptionist did not give receipt as he was busy. The room was not cleaned and arranged

Staff responsiveness and cleaning staff work.

honestly i was surprised about this hotel, staff is not responsive enough, cleaning staff lack on items in the bathroom, desk responsive but no help, no rug in the bathroom floor, the heater on the wall needs a menu to get it working. I would not recommend it.

• Standard Single Room

The staff seemed totally overwhelmed in the morning when more than 2 people were at the reception area. Bit of a crazy atmosphere!

Room was pretty. Could do with some repairs though.

• Standard Single Room

I was not allowed to bring guests into my room. Not even during daytime. Not for five minutes. If I wanted to bring a guest for some time I would need to book an upgrade for a double room. I absolutely don't understand this policy and cannot think that the hotel is allowed to forbid me to bring guests. I would understand them telling me that they need to leave until such and such hour but otherwise it's completely unacceptable.

While it wasn't properly clean (the corners seemed to be round for the cleaning staff and the radiator was full of dust) it was okay for the price. I don't have any bed bug bites or similar so no troubles there. The room was cleaned daily and I got soap and shampoo daily as well. My only complaints are in the negative.

• Standard Single Room

The breakfast is a stale joke and probably hotels like this gave "continental breakfast" a bad reputation across the channel. 1 bun, 1 croissant, 1 pot of jam, 1 tiny butter, 1 cup of tea/coffee - that's all you get. Save the money and eat out. The shower takes 3 minutes to get slightly warm and 10 to get hot at all (the day manager asked me to test it, I wouldn't have wasted that much water otherwise.) The rooms are very small but cost effective - state of the eighties plus a small flatscreen and wifi. That can be okay as long as you don't check for dust in the corners.

Friendly staff trying to make the best of a bad hotel in a good lacation. I'd like to write more, but the best I can say is that as soon as you're out of the hotel, at the street corner, it get's better. To the left is the Jolis Mômes, with live music every weekend, to the right around the street corner the Gourmandises d'Arago, well worth a visit. ;-)

• Standard Single Room

Stayed 5 nights. 1. Found and killed a bed bug on my last night there. It had blood in it and probably mine. 2. The first room’s toilet was super smelly, so I asked to be move to another room, which was much bigger. 3. Housekeeper knocked on my door everyday at 10am when the checkout time is 11am. She has no idea who is checking out who is not. I opened the door and sometimes answered without opening the door and she would use the key to come in even when she heard me. One time she heard but insisted to open and I was in my panties. Okay, she did not understand English but it does not mean she could just open my door. Yes, I had developed a high tolerate after being in Europe for two weeks. But I finally got mad and called the frontdesk and she called her not to do it again. Not sure if she will still do it to you as it’s the same housekeeper everyday. 4. Booked the first night with booking.com then booked with the hotel directly. Better checked the booking.com price as the staff charged me the same weekend price even more than booking.com’s price of that day when I was not careful and didn’t have enough time to check. A little disonhest on their side.

The location was okay.

• Standard Single Room

The Staff few of them was unfriendly, the room were so dirty and smell very bad, the bed was making lot of noise and so Old They need to work on the cleaning

It is a good place to stay one night ( if you are at work.) But not for a holiday. Rooms are very small. feeling boxed. No feeling to stay inside ( long time) even to have a tea need to go out. Bed is okay. Need new bed coverlets. Best thing is we felt safe. need lot of improvements to make it a pleasant and fresh smelling place. Want to thank for the staff who supported us giving directions to go for sight seeing. not worth for the amount we payed. In Oslo we stayed at a 4 star hotel less than the price we payed. I Zurich we stayed at a hotel for the same price having super break fast and a semi luxury living. Both booked by our friends.

The location is good. Quiet and safe street. Easy access to all attractions. Walking distance to metro, bus stops, shops, walking paths, pubs, restaurants. nice area. One staff member is there to attend the needs. I

• Standard Single Room

I stayed in a single room. At the first night, the door was broken. I changed to another room which is worse. The toilet was not flushed. So I had to move again. This means I changed rooms twice during three days. One of the staff is very kind but others are very unkind. I had to go to McDonals midnight since the toilet was not working.

Very unfriendly one gentleman at the reception - we asked for hot water, refused, said that there is not a cafe, water only for 4 euros, as for tea, we gave 10 euros, 1 euro did not give. Maybe he just does not like Russians, or even all people. Unpleasant.

Excellent location, its a quiet neighborhood and at the same time close to the main attractions. The neighborhood is full of restaurants, markets and bars. Its close to the subway and to a bike rental station. The hotel is in a quiet street, the room and bathroom are spacious and clean. The staff are very friendly. The breakfast were basic but very tasty!

Tidy the combined reception- and breakfastroom up and it will be much cosier! Looked like it was during restauration.

A very cheap last-minute offering made it well worth the stay! Perfekt lokation, room simpel but clean. Wifi and open reception all night.

• Standard Twin Room

No toilet paper no proper shower very dark and it smels it sounded like there was an sex show i wont recommend it to any one

Nothing only the bed was good except the plastic underlay we did take it off

• Standard Single Room

Wnen i arrive after 2 pm a room which i received wasn't clean yet. It was small dirty room with a terrible matras, it was impossible to sleep. Next day ii asked to change the room and I was told that all matrasses the same. Only when I said that i want to cancel a reservation and change the hotel i received a normal room. Not all stuff speak English.

I wanted to pay in cash put the hotel already withdraw the money from my credit card that was need ONLY for the reservation. I specifically opted for CASH payment. The worker at the hotel said that they always withdraw money from the card. For me it wasn't a big problem but it wasn't pleasant. BOOKING.com should double check for what they write on their booking menu.

Free breakfast included. Reasonably close to the subway. Good location.

EVERYTHING The scent in the room was like in dump. staff was angy and the breakfast was totally bad. some bread and butter with tea for 9 EUROS

Needs a makeover, has a worn-down feeling to it and floors are carpeted with a slight smell

Good value for money, beds are very comfortable. Super friendly and helpful staff. Clean and neat.

• Standard Single Room

The WiFi was not really good, having to log in every time is just annoying. Why not just use a standard password protected WiFi? Also it could be faster. The street is sometimes a bit noise, but I might have been just unfortunate.

The location is great. The room was nice, especially the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

We paid for an accommodation with breakfast,we got it but all the four day was the same for breakfast(croissant,Brötchen,butter,jam,Joghurt,cheese,koffe/tea) ,Bit old fashioned hotel.The walls are made of "paper" (very thin).

Stuff was friendly and helpful.The room was cleaned and the sheets was changed every single day.

• Standard Single Room

Perhaps add exact instructions how to get there from tube station Les Gobelines - if you arrive at night when it its dark that would be helpful - the hotel has no lights (good so one can sleep), but it also meant I walked past it without seeing it.

If you arrive at Gare Est you just need to hop on tube 7 and in ca 20-30 minutes you are there without having to change trains- only 5 minute walk to hotel. Compared to other sites in Paris, it is reasonably quiet, so you can sleep, appeared safe. Pick up crossants etc at the boulangiere to the tube station. Mattress is very good, Room size small but normal for Paris, seen far worse. Staff are very friendly, allowed me to leave luggage there on last day (due to security there are no lockers in train stations). Tube also goes directly to city centre, eg Louvre or near Notre Dame. So convenient. Hair dryer in room, towels etc.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Room was in upper floor. Extremely hot also during night. No air conditioning. Beds not really confortable. Only one little soap and 2 small bags of shampoo in the toilet the first day and nothing else in the next days.

Breakfast while not special was included (other Hotels could add 10 euros more par person par night). Staff was always very kind. Good location even if a bit far away (500 m) from the closest metro station. Good value/money.

• Standard Single Room

No frills at a price that rivals airbnb. Wifi works. Elevator. TV in the room. Mattress was quite dented but the room was clean. Metro station takes you direct to Gare de l'Est. Staff is friendly :)

The hotel looks very oldfashion. Poor breakfast. The room was quite dark (not enough) of lights

Bathroom was quite good. It is fine for one stay stay. Nice quarter. Not fat away from place Monge where you can find a lot of nice bars

Cramped rooms and toilet, breakfast was below average, super highly priced at Euros 227 during Easter weekend but not worth of so much money

Reception staff was good, bed was comfortable, toilets were clean

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

BEWARE BEDBUGS!!!!! I read almost all the reviews to avoid bedbugs in the hotel where I will stay, because I know that in Paris in the old buildings live bedbugs. But unfortunately this hotel is not clean of them. The first night I killed 5 or 6 bedbugs and I didn't sleep whole night, which is very frustrating if you plan to walk around in the city the whole next day. I asked them to move us in another room, where I think was clean, but the whole experience was awful. I don't recommend this hotel.

BEWARE BEDBUGS!!!!!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard Single Room

Not polite cleaning personnel, you expect at least a "good morning", I did not feel welcome as a Scandinavian guest, not even with all of the reception staff. Very unexpected behaviour indeed!

Warm room while it was Cold outside, to my surprise the shower worked splendidly, very nice! Comfy Queen size bed, Clean linnen & towels. Ok Continental breakfast, quiet from the street noise - a very pleasant surprise. Excellent area! Only 30 min walk to the very heart of Paris. Close to the subway, buses, some nice restaurants and supermarkets. I felt safe in this hotel. Independently from the hotel, the weather was excellent and that helped!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The room was clean. However, toilet paper and soap were missing, and I had to ask. The quality of the breakfast was pretty low for the price.

The staff was very friendly and very professional. They helped me with all my requests.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The fat and dark skinned man, who was sitting in the reception on 13.11.2016 night, didnt give us a cup of hot water to make noddles to eat. It was sunday and everywhere was closed already at about 6 pm..But he didnt..

kahvaltı, breakfast..

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Single Room

Walls are paper thin. Tiny room

Cheap and cheerful for the price compared to the hotels own rates. All I needed was a place to sleep so it fitted the bill nicely. Quite near the Metro (Les Gobelins)

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

booked twin bed but there is no room left for us even paid in full , in the end we 2 pax have to adjust in a singe room with extra matress dirty room ,

• Standard Twin Room

I booked a 2 stars cause i wanted a place to sleep and shower. It did the job perfectly. Corner shower not intended for people over 220 pound, you won't get in or be able to wash yourself! Breakfast was very descent and free! Nice group of employee. Could need a renovation in the room but still, it's very clean with a good location close to pub, café, restaurants(le triomphe was awesome), subway around 15-20 walk if not using the transit. Loved it, nice and quiet. P.s.: you must go to "La Belette qui Tete" 17 boul.d'Arago less than 5 minute walk, they have great beers and many home flavored rhum. Open tuesday thru saturday. Happy hour 6 to 9pm!! Enjoy

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Difficult to regulate water temperature in the shower and thin walls.

Good price for value. We were forced to book an hotel on short notice (two hours before check in) due to some unexpected circumstances and the room was available. The breakfast was ok for two days, and the staff was nice. We got what we paid for.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

There was no fan or AC to begin with.its really hot inside the room even you open the windows. The lightning is really bad.its really dark walking through the corridors. No iron as well and no hair dryer.

The cleanliness of the room.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

There was no AC, which is fine since it is already given, but the room filled trapped and the ventilation is really bad. Opening the window wont help much.

Location is not bad at all. You need to walk for 5 to 10 minutes to reach the near subway stations. Neighborhood is quite and safe. In my opinion it is good to use it as a bed and shower type hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

We had a last minute deal so it was excellent for the price. Everything was clean, the bed was a double bed and soft. Wifi worked good enough, shower was clean. It was in a really good location and the room was on a courtyard so no street noise. And there was a lift! Staff is really nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast very basic. Rooms small, a bit cramped - but fine as by price, and clean.

Staff excellent - multilingual and informative. Location quiet, central and within easy walking distance two metro stations giving the option to go just about anywhere in Paris with ease. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

The room was tiny. The walls are paper thin (we could clearly hear the 'interactions' of the people in the next room). The ac in two rooms were broken (and we were not compensated for that). The night shift guy had no clue about a few policies we asked about.

There was wifi available.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Lightning in the corridors were poor.

If you are looking for a bed to put your head down this is ideal. if you are looking to spend time in the room probably not for you. Budget room, great location, helpful staff will definitely stay again.

Price was too high for the room. Breakfast was not good.

Location and staff. Room was adequate

Quiet

Really nosey Too much sounds Were working in the yard

Clean

• Standard Single Room

Staff were lovely.Easy check in.

• Standard Twin Room

The hospitality generally is bad

Absolutely nothing

small shower

great staff, good price. room was what i expected

Small shower

Great location awesome staff

• Standard Twin Room

Theyve got nice staff and good location. Near to the metro trains

The bed sheets were very strange, making terrible noise every time you move

Great location,light little room, very clean

• Standard Single Room

The wi-fi connection didn't work at all.

The staff were very nice and helpful.

• Standard Single Room

The breakfast. No buffet and a bit too expensive for what is given

• Standard Twin Room

every day same- croissant and bagetta, but not bad

• Standard Twin Room

Nice place to stay for business trip.

The shower head was leaking a bit

The staff were very nice and helpful

The bathroom As almost oll thehotel's bathroorms in Paris. But the shower is awfull

TV was not working

Very friendly stuff, very clean room

Not comfortable ; shower did not work; not really 2stars hotel; noisy room

• Standard Single Room

The staff in the hotel was very friendly

Could be more clean

Good price, rather not high quality

Every thing

Nothing at all

• Standard Twin Room

Very ugly smell throughout the hotel. Poor breakfast. the rooms look terrible. Worst hotel I have stayed in.

The only plus was the pleasant service.

• Standard Twin Room

The location is good. Ten mins to metro line 6. The staff is very helpful.

All

none

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel room smelled really badly, and the bathroom was not so confortable, but at least it was clean.

The staff of the hotel were really kind.

The rooms are Ok but the staff is very rude and not very welcoming.

• Standard Twin Room

It would be nice to have a small fridge to cool your drinks, an iron box and a kettle to make your own hot drinks.

Friendly staff