Reviews of Montparnasse Alésia 3 stars

147 ter, rue d'Alésia, 14th arr., 75014 Paris, France

#934 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

very bad value for money. avoid

they were renovating but the price were still very high. walls are very thin, could not sleep well at all.

they offer for free croissants after breakfast. they agreed to give us a small discount because of the discomfort caused by renovation

I would stay here again.
    • Standard Single Room

The lift is very small, and renovation wok being done at present. No complaints though

good welcome from staff. Room was large, and clean. Small safe in room. Kettle and able to make own tea/coffee. Location was good with plenty of places to eat. For the money paid, it was good for Paris.

Nice hotel

Very nice personal in the enterance. Very good breakfast. Calm room and very nice view. They helped me to save my luggage on the hotel after check out. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

We were in that area of Paris to be near family, so the position was important.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was utilitarian; nothing special. Day staff was brusque. Cleaner did not refill our instant coffee allotment.

Discounted price was 85e/night which was the best price I found for that area, at the time. But, it wasn't a bargain.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfortable but needs a good clean.

The bathroom was not very clean: stained toilet basin and grimy bath tub. Smell of smoke often filtered up to the room from smokers in the courtyard.

The location was handy and close to public transport. Triple room was spacious with comfortable enough beds.

Really nice staff!

The staff was super nice! The lift broke on the weekend and we were on the 6th floor. So the receptionist offered a complimentary breakfast for free during the weekend. Great service!

Horrible and racist
    • Standard Single Room

I had booked an A/C room and I was fooled with a room where the A/C was in repairing condition. It stopped every half an hour and had to be switched on. When I reported at the reception the response was so bad, the guy kept on telling me without taking any responsibility that "I don't know, I have other guests, you are the only person complaining". I was shuttling till from the 6th floor to the Ground till 12.30 at night dealing this problem. And finally he changed the room! I could see no white people had any kind of problems like this. I felt that the receptionist was rude to me because I am Asian, so guys if you are Asian or African don't choose this hotel, they can discriminate you for your ethnicity and provide you the worst things even if you had paid all the money! Ofcourse, I fought the next day for two hours at the top of my voice till they refunded me, but the experience was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The room was clean and tidy. The location of the hotel is good.

Overall, I was happy with my staying; the staff were very supportive.

The room was small.

The Staff were very friendly and supportive. The location was very near to two Metro stations (Plaisance&Alesia); and the neighborhood was quite and peaceful.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Fantastic

Location, cleanliness. Great value for money. Booked this for our 15th wedding anniversary. L'Artiste bar around the corner was a great place to eat and drink. Highly recommended.

Great experience!

The soap provider was broken.

WiFi in the room, the view we had from the window (small patio with a nice quiet garden), the air conditioning was perfect, the bathroom was big, shower was spacious. The bed was comfy. The staff was welcoming, really nice and professional and overall, we had a great time in this hotel!

I liked that you have to leave the key at reception but...
    • Standard Single Room

I probably got the worst room in the hotel. Has a permanent strong smell of something I don't know. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The room has no noise reduction capabilities. I could go on but I'm not recommending it to anyone.

I liked that you have to leave the key at reception but don't like that you have to wait to get it when there's people checking in or out coz it's one person working at reception

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The elevator is super small Staff were not friendly and helpfull Bed are not comfy AC was making a very loud noise all night The rooms are not silent, you could hear everything happening outside, and the cleaning staff was very loud and not helping this situation at all.

Clean and good AC

The staff was really rude. They kept opening our room even if we hanged the “Do not disturb sign” and even if we mentioned this clearly several times. The noise level is unbearable the room is not isolated at all. You can clearly hear the sounds from the rooms next to you and sounds of workers on the floor. There were workers on the same floor we were on and they start working in the morning with really loud noise for the tools and the work it self. When we complained about this, the receptionist said, it’s our right to make noise after 9AM!!. In the photos, you can see the work done on the corridor of our room. If you really want to relax and enjoy your stay and being served properly, never choose this hotel.

Clean and good AC

Nice but cold
    • Standard Single Room

Sound isolation is not so good. I could hear people speaking in the room the other side of the wall. The AC control panel don't allow to set the temperature above 20 degrees. So it was pretty cold in the morning. Guys you have to fix that...

Not a lot to say here. Everything went as expected. The room was comfortable and well equipped. I checked in around 23h which was very convenient. The value for money is very good too.

Very good and comfortable.
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast could be better. Elevator was really small but ok.

The room was very neat and had all i needed for comfort. Breakfast could be better but was okay. Receptionist was helpful with directions. Very okay as a whole. Loved it.

Nice neighborhood

Our room was not ready at 14.00 so we had to wait a bit longer A lot of dust at the lobby and the elevator due to some maintenance work at the hotel

Nice neighborhood

Nothing special standard place.

Not very close to the metro Staff very unfriendly Rooms not very clean Very small bathroom The shower was very tiny Mildew in the bathroom Too noisy

Nothing special standard place. Some croissant at the reception...

Very noisy and staff somewhat disorganised and unwelcoming
    • Standard Single Room

There was a lot of noise from within the hotel. Walls between rooms just don’t keep out the noise — I could hear sounds from TVs in other room till into the early hours, an argument (!) at 645 in the morning, banging around from room upstairs. It really affected my sleep. The bed wasn’t that comfortable, especially the pillows. The room itself looks a little tired, with marks on the walls. And as usual in Paris, it was cramped. The receptionist when I checked in was disorganised and I had to go down later to pay the city tax, which he hadn’t told me about. And he didn’t tell me I was meant to leave my key with reception and two days in another receptionist said this was necessary. Which is odd, as it’s just a card and most hotels would expect the guest to keep this on them. I found the second receptionist’s manner quite rude ( or perhaps that’s just the Parisian way). In sum, I won’t be staying here again next time I’m in Paris!

Location is within walking distance of a couple of metro stations and there are a few reasonable restaurants and shops, plus a street market, in the vicinity.

Room was clean and cozy.
    • Standard Single Room

A bit far from the metro, but area is safe.

Room was clean and cozy. There are all staff what I needed (teapot, hairdryer, strongbox). My window goes to the green and peaceful yard. I enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is clean and the size of the room good for the...
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is clean and the size of the room good for the Paris standard. The area is ok and there are 2 lines of the metro very close by. Staff is very helpful and the room was quiet. I'll definitely come back.

The room had just what I needed for one comfortable night.
    • Standard Single Room

The room had just what I needed for one comfortable night. What I liked most about the hotel was the friendly service at the reception. The location was very good for me.

Great value for the price.
    • Standard Single Room

Noisy. At least on the 7th floor where I was, I could literally talk to my neighbors without raising my voice.

Staying in Paris city center during the week-end for €80 with a last-minute booking was a great deal. Very welcoming and helpful staff.

I had a single room with no breakfast for 2 nights so I...
    • Standard Single Room

The wooden floor in the room made annoying sounds when walking on it, I could hear the sound from the room above me & I'm sure the people staying in the room below mine could hear me walking. There is no sound isolation in the room, I could hear the TV sounds coming from the next room. If you have a lot of luggage you'll find it hard to walk from the metro station till the hotel & feel like the distance is 10 times more

I had a single room with no breakfast for 2 nights so I didn't stay much inside the room. The bed was comfortable, sheets always clean, the bathroom was good, always cleaned, toiletries added daily, heating was perfect, the metro station was 10 mins walk from the hotel where you can reach everywhere in Paris. The neighbourhood has some restaurants but I didn't try any of them as I was in the city centre & only went back for a sleep.

Nice hotel, nice staff, but not the best location
    • Standard Single Room

The location, but the fact that it was a 5min walk from 2 metro stations did compensate the problem. Rooms could have been a little more spacey, but adequate if you just want to get a good night's sleep and be on the road next morning

The Hotel met my expectations. I was not excited about the location, but the hotel was about 5min walk from 2 metro stations and several bus stations. WiFi service and coverage was excellent (very important if you are on a business trip). Breakfast was ok. Rooms were clean and comfy.

one staff member decided to switch off my key just because...
    • Standard Single Room

one staff member decided to switch off my key just because i forgot to leave the key when leaving the hotel during the day and then he was pretending that he was trying to solve problem. Finally it took me more then 30 minutes to get in my room. he was sending me upstairs to the room saying that problem was solved knowing that key was still switched off (3 times). At last I requested strictly to open my room door and he did it with emergency key. other staff members were good.

The room is fine, very small but clean.
    • Standard Single Room

Even if when I did the reservation, I knew that I had to pay directly at the hotel, the guy from the reception took the due amount for 1 night 3 days before my arrival. I had made the booking with my husband's card and when there, I had to present it. Since I came alone, I couldn't do that. Then, I had to pay again with my card and they credited the amount back on the card but only 2 days after my departure (therefore I was not sure that everything will be ok). It was entirely his mistake and he only admitted it when being confronted. It was a rather unpleasant situation...

The room is fine, very small but clean. If your sole purpose is to visit Paris and have a place to crash during the night, it's perfect. It's at a 3-metro stations distance from the Montparnasse Railway Station (line 13). The surrounding area is calm.

Paris is always a good idea

The staff were very friendly.and helpful upon arrival and during our stay. They were more than happy to give us directions and tips to ensure we got the most out of our weekend in Paris.

Nice option!

The breakfast is extremely poor and even though it says the rooms are sound proof I could always hear the clean staff talking (out loud most of the time) and the room on top of our.

The staff was great!! The hotel was super pet friendly and the rooms were super clean.

Staffs were kind, room was clean and warm.
    • Standard Twin Room

Poor sound proof : We had to sleep with next door family or group. Key : We had to leave our key whenever we go out and take it back when we want to go to our room.

Staffs were kind, room was clean and warm. It was bit small but enough for two people. Its area is quiet, not crowded.

Everything is good except for the staff and housekeeper

The staffs need to be trained. The male staff in night shift on 21st Dec told us we can leave our ligguge when we check out untill we back from another trip even we don’t have another reservation. We know it’s a bit strange but just thought it’s an exceptional service and didnt doubt it. But when we check out, another staff told us it’s not allowed and we have to find another way in a rush time. The staffs are not on the same page and mislead us! We stay there for 4 nights, and every morning I hang up “do not disturb” sign on door but the housekeeper just ignored it and make us feel imprivate!

The room is clean and the area is very comfy and safe.

Highly recommend

Boiler is a little dirty inside..

I can say this hotel is perfect for me! 2 metro lines in 500m, some big supermarkets and the bed is really good!! I will absolutely chose it again if I come back..

The had tee and croissants for free for the guests.

The bed could had been better, and also the elevator.

The had tee and croissants for free for the guests. The room was on the top floor, it was pretty nice and had nice views from paris and the eiffel tower.

Great stay, helpful kind staff, clean, great location

We had 2 rooms, the more expensive one w/ the bigger beds was reallllly small. The less expensive room w/ smaller beds was a nice-sized room with a big shower.

The staff was great, room was clean, nice shower! View of the Eiffel Tower, close to 2 metro stops, grocery stores

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Everything You need at good price in bustling neighborhood

Located in bustling street but quiet, especially rooms on courtyard side. Good isolation of windows, warm and well equipped rooms. Very helpful staff.

Clean and tidy, the staff was amazing, I asked for a...
    • Standard Single Room

Sadly, the do not disturb sign was ignored on all the days of my stay. On the first day it was missing and on the second day it was thrown in the floor. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and told me they will take care if it but I think the cleaning lady was having some bad days.

Clean and tidy, the staff was amazing, I asked for a particular room and they offered it to me. Very friendly and warm.

Good for business trips
    • Standard Single Room

I literally only slept there after a long working day and the room was comfortable and not too small. The bathroom was very good and modern. The metro station is a few minutes walk away and going to Orly in the morning took me only 25 minutes.

Nice hotel
    • Standard Single Room

There was something on the bed, under a sheet, some kind of oilcloth which made me sweat all night.

Very nice staff, clean room, good breakfast. Very good location.

Superb staff and a comfy and cosy room
    • Standard Single Room

There isn't much surrounding the hotel thats great to explore, but a 15 min walk gets you to the nearest tram stop and you can explore all of Paris.

Lovely staff who were very helpful and pleasant. Room was super clean and bed very comfortable. Great price when all I needed was a place to crash.

It was OK for our short stay, nothing impressive.

Room a little small, bed not comfy. I would rate it as 2-star instead of 3-star hotel,

Receptionists were kind and helpful. Lots of places to get food.

Value for money.
    • Standard Single Room

The bed sheet were not as cleaned as it should. Also, I used the extra blanket provided that had a quite bad smell.

The bathroom was fully renovated and very clean and that was extremely pleasant for my stay. Location: Close to metro station that directly leads to the city center. Very convenient.

Nice & cozy stay in the city of love.

Room temperature in one of the rooms was not very comfortable.

Nice location. Close to metro stops and a lot of eating outlets near by. Also market street so lot of high end fashion shops. Nice comfortable bed and very spacious rooms. The receptionist was also very helpful and friendly.

Very friendly, English-speaking staff ( not that common in...
    • Standard Single Room

My room overlooked the smoking area and the cigarette smoke smell was unbearable

Very friendly, English-speaking staff ( not that common in France), clean

ok rooms, ok staff, ok location.
    • Standard Twin Room

uncomfortable pillows. room was clean but felt dirty, maybe because the poor design. Wifi reception wasnt good. we also came back very late every night (around 2 am), and one time the receptionist guy was asleep so we were outside until he woke up. it didnt take more than 1 minuate, but it still feels disrespectful. it takes 7 minuates walk to closest metro. no pubs/bars in this neighborhood at night. if your young and looking for a good nightlife scene, dont stay there (or anywhere in arr. 14).

room was ok. location in a safe area.

Have nothing good to say.
    • Standard Single Room

The receptionist did not react the problem I reported to her, even she said "Yes" to me. And the breakfast does not worth the money I paid in terms of food quality and services. Will not recommend this property.

The air conditioner function well. But the room's door makes big noise even after I announced it to the receptionist. The location is Ok.

Too Compact
    • Standard Single Room

Lift was too small. Room was too small for one person, i kept bumping into walls. No complimentary drinking water, you have to buy one :( Expensive and not good value for money according to the overall experience.

Everyday items were present. Nice facilities like hair dryer etc.

A great romantic stay

It is about 30min away from the city centre, but we did not consider it too much of a disadvantage because two metro stops are conveniently nearby.

It is our second stay in this hotel. The place is lovely with very helpful staff. We got a room on the top floor and could see the Eiffel tower, which was really beautiful. Receptionists were helpful with printing museum tickets that we had. - Clean rooms - Fast internet - Good laundry service We did not try breakfast at the hotel but the price is not different from what one may pay in the city.

Standard room is tiny. Good place to sleep and shower - nothing else.

Breakfast buffet in the cellar was sparse. Not worth the price at all. We ate once at the hotel and twice at a restaurant in the neighborhood. The restaurants offered a better meal in a much better atmosphere and at a lower price. Go for the restaurants! TV offered only French channels. The layout of the room was horrible. No walking space, limited closet space and doors and light knobs situated very inconveniently. Very nice to have air conditioning, but the programming was impossible to understand.

Reception staff were accomodating in any language. I don't understand why we had to leave the key at the reception every time we left. Coming in, we only had give a room number and the key was given. What if we had given a different number? Bed was comfortable. Room and bathroom were clean.

Excellent value for money

Website says they have vending machines in the lobby but they don't have.

Location was excellent. Loads of local shops and cafes. And within easy walking distance of two important metro stations

Cool neighborhood, good bed
    • Standard Single Room

The night reception was distracted and rude. I called to ask for the Wi-Fi code, which is a standard password for everybody. He was too busy on a personal call to look at the code and tell me on the phone. He told me to come down to the reception and hung up abruptly.

Despite the small bedroom, the bed was actually sturdy and comfortable. The bathroom was new and the day reception was welcoming.

Great hotel, with nice and quiet location to explore the Paris

- Number of power outlets is really limited in the room.

- Once again nice location because you have really close to the metro station and in 15 min you will be in the city center or within 1h at the airport. - Very helpful stuff that helped us with the tickets and all other formal staff. - Great breakfast that give you a kick to explore the city for a rest of the day. - Absolutely clean in the rum so do not worry about conditions.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

convenient and good standard
    • Standard Single Room

it is a well-groomed hotel, neat and fairly spacious knowing the standard in Paris. 30mn walk to Montparnasse train station or bus stop to go to the airport. Rooms have aircon which is good starting from May up to September

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

nice room with frontal view.

The payment had to be done right upon arrival. Showing lack of trust towards the client. Payment is usually made upon departure. Unnecessary because the hotel got already a guarantee through a credit card. An other point. The room`s key-card has to be left at the reception every single time when leaving the hotel. Unnecessary, unusual, again a sign of lack of trust towards the client.

nice room with frontal view. Croissants offered in the afternoon. Tea and coffe facilities in the room . Good location.

Well located with easy access to public transportation.
    • Standard Single Room

The room faced a very noisy street with lots of traffic = no sleep. The breakfast room is in a basement with no windows.

Well located with easy access to public transportation. Friendly staff. Cheap for Paris standards. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Though the building is old, the bathroom was well...
    • Standard Single Room

The walls are very thin, so you hear what happens in neighbour's bathroom. All the Metro and Tram stops are at least 5min walking away.

Though the building is old, the bathroom was well refurbished and I had a feeling of cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Nice and cheap hotel near transport links, let down by the WIFI speed.
    • Standard Single Room

The WIFI was terrible. Speeds were about 100kbps, with frequent timeouts.In the modern age of Skype and Netflix, it was a bit disappointing. The bed is a little hard. Not too bad, but noticeable.

The hotel is near Alesia metro (5 min walk - use the metro to connect to Denfert Rocherau) and route 62 bus (2 minute walk). Pleasant English speaking reception staff. Room was slightly bigger than other hotels in the area. Flat screen TV with over 50 channels in mostly French, some have English soundtracks too Neat and clean bathroom, with built in hairdryer. Tea/Coffee/hot chocolate making facilities in the room. The room was cleaned and tidied each day while I was out. Considerably cheaper than other hotels

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Good location: 2 metro stops of different metro lines are...

WiFi could be definitely better. It was enough for checking e-mails but not better.

Good location: 2 metro stops of different metro lines are within 5-7 minutes by walk. Rather quiet and safe environment. Cafes, shops are near the hotel. Good ratio price/quality. The room was small but it corresponds to its price. Cosy, clean and comfortable place to stay.

The room was tidy and quiet and the staff were kind and...

The room was tidy and quiet and the staff were kind and helpful. Just what we needed for a one-night stay!

Clean and friendly staff
    • Standard Single Room

Limited restaurant around the hotel.

It’s clean, comfort. Friendly staff.

Nice Hotel, quiet room, metrostation 7 minutes to walk
    • Standard Single Room

Nice place with a lot of Restaurants nearby. Quiet and comfortable room

Great location, well priced and would recommend
    • Standard Single Room

room temperature was personally difficult to adjust

Extremely helpful & friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good value for money.

Small rooms.

Good value for money.

Bed was very uncomfortable.

Bed was very uncomfortable. Room so small

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

Clean. The air conditioner works well in such hot weather

Very Safe!

The sink was broken but they fixed it the next day / The bathroom is a bit small...

The room is clean and super safe!

A basic accommodation with easy access to public transport.
    • Standard Single Room

A basic accommodation with easy access to public transport. Pet friendly. Nice staff.

Excellent value for money
    • Standard Single Room

Only French TV canals... ;-)

Good value for money. Close to Metro "Alesia" and easy to reach from airport CdG.

The single room was so comfortable with air conditioner and...
    • Standard Single Room

The single room was so comfortable with air conditioner and clean.

Good hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Nice location and good staff

nice
    • Standard Twin Room

Night portier was friendly and the wholw staff!

Location is great, staff is super nice and friendly

Bathroom sink getting clogged

Location is great, staff is super nice and friendly

Good stay without too many frills

Did not have an AC. The room was basic with not a lot of frills

Location was very nice. It is close to quite a few restaurants

hotel has good location . cleanliness is good. friendly staff.

pillows

Location. Staff is helpful and friendly. Clean

Location and great and super helpful staff.

Location and great and super helpful staff. Price was good by Parisian standards

Quiet & well- located
    • Standard Single Room

My room at the back was wonderfully quiet.

Elevator so old