Reviews of Odalys Altineige

#104 of 123 hotels in Val Thorens

4.4

4.4

• Two-Room Apartment (5 Adults)

No towels, bath so small you can't sit in it. No shower head holder so shower was useless. Noisey residents of a young age. Dust everywhere and bedding sheets supplied full of hairs. Beds are not cleaned pillows are filthy and made up off odds and sods. You are given fresh bid linen and that's all.

The property was true ski in ski out.

• Studio (4 Adults)

The staff, generally unhelpful and didn't make me feel welcome - I was told by one member of staff that I would be cleaning the reception floor if I brought my skis and boots into the area. However my ski locker key did not work which I advised on my arrival, on day 2 I checked my ski locker again and it did not work so I requested a staff member attend with me, they did and advised it would be attended too as it was the wrong key. On day 3 it was still not working, by day 4 I had lost the will to report it as was leaving the following day. So in summary I had no alternative other than to take my skis to the room. The grubby reception area is not a welcoming space The ski locker room generally is a mess The apartment generally was in need of a bit of TLC The apartment door had been seriously damaged by a previous customer and had not been repaired The bath could only fit someone who could bend themselves in half whilst tying their legs around their head... The hob didn't work and was never repaired even though it was reported on arrival The pantomime of getting bed linen and towels is not a great advert although this may be a reflection on previous loses - having said that neither were worth stealing frankly..... I got the impression that the staff probably get a fair amount of grief from customers as there were a couple of occasions when I walked past quite major arguments at reception. Having said all this, I was in VT to ski and only spent minimal time in the apartment to sleep, that said though at £200 per night it was poor value and even if it was £50 per night it would still have been disappointing..... but it was a bed in probably one of the best skiing areas in Europe over New Year and I think they know it !

The only thing to like about the Altineige was that it is located in a ski resort and is a place to sleep.

• Two-Room Apartment (5 Adults)

Student parties every night until 3am, playing music, running in the corridor, slamming doors and even blowing dry ice smoke. Broken furniture, broken balcony door (not helpful in -10C) You need to hire towels for €7.50 a pop, which is fine, only if you arrive when the reception is closed (most of the time), you’d have to wait for the following day

Cheap per person (doesn’t mean it’s value for money though!) Good location, although not ski in ski out Ok to stay with male friends (it’s better than army barracks!), but don’t bring your better halves! We knew what we were getting, so no complaints, and that week a few hotels were closed in Val T, so this was the only option except for a 5* hotel, which was 6x more

• Two-Room Apartment (5 Adults)

The pictures on booking.com were completely disconnected from reality; instead of a nice, renovated room, we were met with worn out old furniture, torn mattress, old beds, dirty floor and windows that were not not at all insulated. It was extremely cold at night and there were no additional blankets. The people at the reception were completely useless and not interesting in helping us at all (not to mention the attitude...). The cherry on the pie being the forced 9am check-out.

The location was close to restaurants & bars.

• Studio (4 Adults)

Noise at night, there were no staff to control the appalling behaviour of other guests. On the second night we were given the phone number of the Gendarmerie to phone, who unsurprisingly did not come as the situation had not descend into violence.

• 2-Room Apartment (6 people)

- You have to make your bed when you arrive - You have to clean everything before you leave - Towels are not included, but you still can pay and have them - Only one roll of paper toilet was included - Only one plastic bag for the trash - Cutlery was available but dirty - We had to do an "état de lieu" when we enter to the apartment and when we left. We fixed an appointment for the "etat de lieu" and the guy arrived one hour late. - The ceiling in the bedroom was too low. I'm average height and couldn't stand completely. - The apartment in general is pretty small. We booked an apartment for 6 and we were quite tight being only 4 people.

• 2-Room Apartment (6 people)

It's outdated and focussed on putting as many people in one room as possible. We were aware that we had picked somewhere cheap so didn't expect a nice finish, but we did expect it to be relatively the right size. Simply put you only use the room to sleep, which is fine if you are a group of mates there to have a good time, as against to a family going away to relax.

Broken items. Very dirty. Staff were not interested in complaints

• Two-Room Apartment (5 Adults)

The apartment was extremely small for 5 people. Further it was super basic.

Late check in possibility

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

L'hotel

Position de l'hotel

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

We have been in Valthorens 3 times. Rooms are average, not bad, but what I never seen before is how dirty rooms are. I have to clean on first day when we arrived, so instead of having fun first night we stay in apartment to clean. Even all cups, dishes, cutlery needed clean. Balcony was not for use as many rubbish, broken glasses, etc Kids could go and hurt them self there..:( Beers under beds, sticky floor, table, everything.. And this sofa bed what is look like turning into double bed - is not. You pulling out another mattress but is on the flor. so all beds are singles. Very noisy, people who comeback from parties were shouting, no respect at all. Couldn't sleep!!! Ski locker useless, was better to keep all in room. Not very good access to slopes if you have young kids.

hard to find any think I liked

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

This is a place where students take their (drinking) holidays. It shows due to the filthy appartments and you can hear it at night...

Skiing into the appartment

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

The apartments need a really good clean. Not enough blankets or pillows for 5 people. Everything is dusty and the noise levels at night are high.

These apartments are typical small French apartments. Would be tight for 5 adults.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Bath was half size. Kitchen had only two hobs and a microwave, and was poorly equipped in every aspect. The room was for five but felt crowded with three.

Location was good, very warm room with a decent hot shower, except it was not attached to wall.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Basic accommodation but good value especially for young travellers

Ski in - ski out

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

no recent maintenance for flat, furniture in very bad status, not really clean

val thorens village

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

Anything

Leaving

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

It was filthy dirty.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

reasonably clean, but the place is falling apart

location is perfect

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.