Reviews of Hôtel Ambassador 3 stars

8, avenue de Suède, 06000 Nice, France

#106 of 169 hotels in Nice

• Comfort Double Room

The double bed was made of two single mattresses, which often separated leaving an annoying gap in the middle. The walls were also very thin, so the mornings were noisy. Also all the photos on Booking.com show rooms with sea views/balconies, but beware that you only get this if you’re paying top dollar!

Great location, very close to beach and shops/restaurants. The stop for bus to airport was also nearby. 15min walk from train station. Room was clean, bathroom was nice and Norbert at reception was very helpful and friendly.

• Comfort Double Room

The room was dirty and dusty. The carpet was very smelly. Every night there was a lot of noise form other residents (people shouting and others knocking hardly on walls to make them stop), but the receptionists did not take any actions although we know that many people asked them to intervene.

Position is excellent

• Comfort Double Room

Nothing! It exceeded my expectations!

Norbert, the Concierge, was amazing! I had read about him in other reviews and everything they said about him was true. Based on his warm welcome and excellent service, I knew who he was before I read his name tag! The hotel was lovely. Very clean and exceptionally comfortable. Our Housekeeper was also fabulous! We did not have a sea view and didn't miss it. In fact, we opted for the room without the sea view as our room had a lovely view of the architecture and mountain - looked like something from Impressionist paintings. The beach was only one block away. Location was fabulous - easily accessible by transit from the airport and all of the sites we wanted to see were within walking distance. Laundry facility and grocery stores were only a few blocks away. This place was perfect for our 5 day, 4 night stay! Norbert also arranged a tour for us and gave us great sightseeing tips and pointed us in the direction of some of the best food I have ever had! I will always book here for trips to Nice!

• Comfort Double Room

The Hotel is modern inside neat and pleasant. Breakfast place was was nice clean and even pretty. We were helped and treated nicely. It appeared they always had time for us. We would like to return.

• Comfort Double Room

The Hotel is in a fabulous position near the coast as well as the city centre. The staff were most helpful and friendly. We had a lovely time even though the rain dampened the visit. Nice is a stunning place.

• Comfort Double Room

Special Thanks to personal - administrator - who works every day- this name- i forgot- maybe Renārs or other name?!!! He was very kind and help us every moment!!!!

• Comfort Double Room

The breakfast supplied was poor - only cold, and everything displayed on the buffet covered in clingfilm! Very sparse display, and not worth the 12euros charged. Our booking with booking.com clearly states “breakfast included in room rate”, but the hotel made us pay again, 48 euros! I will take this up with booking.com when I am back in the UK.

Location is excellent right in the town and five minutes from the seafront.

The WiFi needs attention

The Hotel is in a great location We were given a beautiful room with a Terrace and view over the park to the sea. The location is perfect with shopping and Restaurants in all directions and a short walk to the old town Norbert at reception is a gem his help and attention is remarkable I would return without question.

• Comfort Double Room

Maybe coffee facilities in the room.

The lovely welcome at the hotel and attentive staff. Our room was small but comfortable, clean and even with a balcony with a nice view. Would recommend it to anyone who would like to stay in Nice. Great location!

• Comfort Double Room

Noisy at early morning if window small opened. Small holes and rust in the bathroom.

Very good and respondable stuff, all questions were answered. Room was cleared every day. Hotel is in the center of people activity. Lot of restaurants and bars/pubs and shops. Close to seafront promenade.

• Comfort Double Room

Unfriendly disinterested unhelpful staff (with exception of one.... Norbert ) Guests are an inconvenience to reception staff. No welcome here .. Double charged for City Tax by hotel

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Windows of hotel are single glass. Avoid sea view rooms since early morning road work and garbage traffic is more disturbing than you can image. Not to mention disco music from the park during early morning sports events.

Nice is a city we frequently visit for recreation. This hotel has a central and nice eastern location which we prefer.

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast was very basic and tables used for breakfast were unsuitable for eating at as you were unable to put your legs underneath due to a bar, all tables were the same, more like patio tables. MOst of the hotel staff were friendly and welcoming except for one elderly grey haired gentlemen with glasses on reception who was surly and dour.

Location of hotel was excellent. Hotel clean and well maintained

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast dining area could be improved by having a proper table to sit at, not a low coffee table which you couldn’t get your legs under! Bedroom rather small but the shower room made up for it with a good walk-in shower and plenty of space overall.

Continental breakfast had a limited choice of cereals and fruit but was sufficient and I liked the juicer for fresh oranges. Availability of tea and coffee in the lounge area in the afternoon was a bonus. The hotel is ideally situated within easy walking distance of the beach, the old part of Nice and the bus, tram and trains. The hotel is set back from the sea front but the view from our bedroom window was pleasant. Evening meals are not served at the hotel but this isn’t a problem. There are plenty of very good restaurants in the surrounding streets.

Tired and dated hotel. Very poor sound proofing. Could hear everything next door and was woken up by people going for breakfast and my neighbour's room service. The floor of my room sloped weirdly. No teas or coffees. No water. Basic amenities. Very expensive for such a basic hotel.

Good central location.

Me and 4 friends spent a night to run the Nice triathlon. I showed up with my race bike + equipment, and my 2 nephews aged 13 and 15 who happen to live in Nice, and where helping me carrying my stuff from the car. Immediately the hotel manager (old guy, short and chubby) acted extremely rude and condescendant, with many annoying comments. Then he purposedly told me that I couldn't take any guest to the room. When asked why, he said to prevent from prostitution. I said ok fine then he actually blocked my nephews from taking my bags to the room !! In front of them ! Telling me he's seen that before and won't get tricked again ! In front of the kids ! To put this in perspective I am 32 and was wearing sport gear. "Sorry kids the manager doesn't want you to come with me because he thinks I'm gonna bang you". Honestly what a lack of judgement. I can understand the hotel is by the promenade and at night there is prostitution. But what a lack of judgement to accuse me so directly. I never felt so offended. To add to this the place is noisy, you hear the street like the windows are opened. Never again

• Comfort Double Room

Would like more fruit options at breakfast, but that is just me. A very good hotel with lots nearby.

Clean and comfortable, near braches. Friendly and helpful staff. Very good location. Lots of very good restaurants close by. Reasonable prices and well prepared food.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The room keys needed to be returned to the front desk in exchange for a piece of paper and then presented again upon returning. We thus often needed to wait in line to get to/from our room.

Very, very well situated! Get to the beach, old town or shopping mile within minutes on foot. Clean rooms with a modern interior. Decent breakfast selection.

• Comfort Double Room

I think the croissants at breakfast could have been more flakey;) but that's only because I am a croissant addict, and perhaps more fresh fruit.

Excellent location, very smart inside, nice old facade - Belle Époque, and a great reception desk at the front where the staff are most helpful. Our sea facing rooms were stylish and comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.

All was good!

Good location, minutes from the beach and cafes and restaurants. We didn't pay for breakfast in the hotel. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in the area. Building facade is classic, but rooms interior is modern. Luxury bathroom and power shower.

• Comfort Double Room

The room with a view was written in the description. This is not the case. Booking.com did not make an effort to refund the money. The hotel took no responsibility for the ad.

• Comfort Double Room

Please book another hotel. There is nothing good at all. Just waisting money.

Nothing good. There is NO parking at all. The room was underground and we could hear everything outside

• Comfort Double Room

It is not the first time that I book from booking and hotel give me the worst room . In this hotel I stay for first night in the worst room of that hotel . But when I Continue to stay by paying cash in hotel without booking , I stay in the most beautiful room with same amount of money . It is thanks to my negotiotion skills and kindless of the receptionist.

----

Everything was fantastic! The receptionist Norbert was very nice,kind and helpfull. He speaks minimum 5 languages. The room and the bathroom were nice and clean. The location is perfect.

• Comfort Double Room

there was only a manager there after a certain time and they didnt have simple things like conditioner and toothpaste which we had not been able to bring due to flying restrictions.

they really dont have the staff to accommodate things like we are used to in the US.

Nobody notifies us about renovations in the faced of hotel

I was travelling with my daughter. It was late arrival and probably we were put in the room which was very small and uncomfortable. But when we expressed our wish to move into another room we liked, the staff was very responsive and courteous,and our wish was satisfied.The beach was very close and a lot of restaurants around.So we had good time.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Hotel has no restaurant just continental breakfast - but we wouldn't have used it anyway as hotel us surrounded by great cafes and restaurants.

Really central hotel - great for wandering around Nice - whether you are after shops, museums, restaurants or bars. Staf are really helpful and friendly.

Tables in breakfast room weren't easy to eat off (no leg room) Hotel was under renovation outside so covered in scaffolding. Minimal amount of freebies in bathroom for a superior room. Only small shower gel and soap. Only one small Evian water in fridge for 2 people that were never replaced on daily basis. 4€ to buy in lobby.

Really close to beach and lovely bars and restaurants. Beds very comfy. Great shower. Ample buffet continental breakfast. Reception staff very helpful.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The night desk clerk almost ignored us while he was reading a book. The room was expensive. Walls were thin and lots of outside traffic noise. We paid for a "sea view room" nut the view was over a long busy street to the sea which was over a quarter mile away!

the room is very small, the mattress is uncomfortable, I asked for a replacement, but they didn't. the window was closed because of some works on the building. the TV channels not available. and on top of this, I had to fly to London for an emergency so I didn't sleep in the hotel 2 nights. they rented my room. that I have already paid for. When I asked for a reimbursement they ignored me.

nothing, absolutely nothing !

• Comfort Double Room

Renovations going on right now - quite noisy, and expect to see construction workers just behind your window. Hope it will be done within few months.

Location is the key thing here - everything just in short walking distance

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The park in front of the hotel was noisy at night and/or early morning because of events held there. Definitely, only a minor irk, but if your travel needs demand a very early morning, the night life could be a downside. With windows closed, the noise was less noticeable, but the sea-noise and sea-air were also less noticeable :-)!

The room was spacious (for European rooms) and the seaside view was very nice (looks over a park to the sea). The bathroom was also spacious. Wifi was good in the rooms. I had trouble with lag in video-conference calls (but I could have that even on fast wifi!), but voice-only calls were fine. I was able to download large-ish data files for work at a reasonable speed. Breakfast was typical French style but included some international options -- definitely worth the simplicity of not leaving the hotel if you have early morning meetings to attend! The staff was helpful and courteous. Staff spoke multiple languages, but day staff was (naturally) more fluent than night staff (generally). The tram line was a short walk away (in the nearby square of Albert 1st) and the seaside is only 1 block away. Downhill walk from Nice-Ville train station. We left from a different station on the tram-line (trams are very easy with baggage). Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance (and servers usually know enough English for assistance with the menu if there is no English on the menu). It is not a long walk to the port or old town for an excursion, while still being near the attractions on this side of town (many of the more famous buildings/architecture are only a few blocks from the hotel).

• Comfort Double Room

The room was small and very claustrophobic even though it was on the second floor. Other miscellaneous issues, lamps needed changing, the bed was unstable and it was noisy.

The bathroom was recently refurbished. Great location.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Very kind and helpful gentlemen at the reception, especially during the day! He helped me with my wifi connection and questions and even got me some coffee while I waited. Great location!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Free afternoon coffee in reception was a nice touch. The balcony overlooking the Med was a bonus. There's a pleasant little park just across the road from the main hotel entrance

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Only very few rooms with balcony and sea view.

Location is in the middle of the city. New bathroom. Near a green garden and park to sit as additional option to the promenade.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Room 503 was small and the double bed was to small, some spider nets in room ceiling, toilet and shower was separated, no air condition( they said central turned off ) disbeit weather still warm temp 20~25, very old complicated door locking, windows not soundproof. Breakfast should be till 10:30 but from 10:00 things would not be refilled and replaced automatically and you have to ask for everything ( one day bread was out of stock)

Location is great not far from old town 10 min walk and to the beach 2 min Good Wifi connection

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Location in front of underground car park entrance. Poor air con meant we had to have window open so didn't sleep because of traffic noise all night. For a "SuperiorRoom" decor tired and very dated, no tea/coffee making facilities and paint peeling from French doors. Picture of balcony with trees in background provided on website could only have been taken crouching down and failed to show underground car park entrance directly in front of hotel room. The whole place isn't really suitable for a hotel. OK for one night but shattered because didn't sleep. Room keys are weird double action thing more suited to a bank safe and a Pink Panther film. This review will probably get the standard "our hotel is your hotel" platitude that all other bad reviews get. The Ambassador certainly did not "spoil us" during our stay.

Clean room

Two staff were rude and very unhelpful and basically didn't care that an outside blind made a loud rattling noise ALL night which affected my sleep .. not even ear plugs drowned out the loud noise... instead of expressing that they were sorry for disturbing my sleep all night and they will look into it and get it fixed they simply said it was the wind and that's the way it goes lady and the next traveller will experience the same thing... No....it wasn't nature's fault, it was a faulty blind which you installed and you need to get someone to fix it!!!!

Location was good..

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nothing negative to say

Great central location to most attractions, close to the beach & pedestrian mall, lots of restaurants to choose from in the area. Hotel reception younger gentleman (did not get his name) was extremely pleasant and helpful. Public parking steps away at 26.00 euros. Safe and refrigerator great. Reasonable price and would stay again.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Norbert at the Front Desk was amazing and the rest of the staff were great too. The breakfast was good. I had a quiet room and quite comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Soundproofing very poor - had to talk in whispered tones otherwise neighbours complained. Could hear our neighbours arguing and their TV on but would not think to complain!

The hotel was well positioned for getting places. Paulo was extremely helpful as was Norbert. Reception staff were able to book tours and advise regarding lifts to the airport etc.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The bedrooms were a bit outdated and the mattresses not great but fine for a few nights.

The check out is late- 11:30, which is great. They can hold your bags after as well. The room has a small safe and refrigerator. The bathroom was very clean and the bed was two single beds that could be separated. If you want to be close to the beach this is perfect as it's only really a block to walk back in a towel if you don't have time to dry off and change. It is ten-fifteen minutes walk into the old town and twenty if you walk fast to the Nice Ville train station. The bathroom was recently redone and very clean.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Comfort Double Room

the windows of our bedroom number 302 were towards quit noisy street, but it us did not bothered to much.

everything in this hotel was top notch.all members of staff were polite and friendly.The bedroom was sufficient in size and cozy .

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

Over-expensive for a noisy room with no real view on the sea. Single glazed windows on 3rd floor means you hear the street and planes. Bathtub and bathroom wall and door with residual hair... Mini-fridge not emptied from previous customer. Hotel needs a serious refurbishment of the communal parts if it wants to charge this amount.

Location is good, 1min to Promenade des Anglais, restaurant in street behind, old town at 5min walk.

Room was clean . Breakfast is very poor

Two old staff was not hospital at all , they refuse to talk with us in English while they should as per job reqirments and as I lnew that they can speak English . Those 2 old in reception should not work in hotels business ,and hotel management should replace them with young employees such ad Norbert ( young reception guy who was ver helpful and suupptive from day one till we left Nice ) . Thank you Norbert

• Comfort Double Room

Everything about this hotel "if i may call it a hotel" was horrible from the food to the rooms to the receptionists "except the italian one who was pretty warm" ... The old french man, forgot his name .. He is an absolute shame to every hotel to have !!! A racist working in a hotel ??? Get yourself together Guys ! Do not stay there not even think of it !! For the same price get yourself any other nicer hotel !

only the location !!

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

The good location to go to the plaza Massena and the 15 mins walk to rail station. The room with sea view and 2 mins walk to the beach and the promenade d'anglais. The reception men is all the very nice and gentle to introduce the hotel location and the way to Cannes and Monaco. There is the bus no.200 just close to the hotel which could go to Cannes, and only cost 1.5 euro for each person. I'll still choose this hotel next time in Nice. That's also the good place to spent our time for the honeymoon

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Breakfast could be included in the price

Friendly and helpful Staff, specially Norbert was amazing Great Location, Great room, Great bathroom and comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Not all the rooms have beautiful views.

The location was great and the front desk staff were very helpful, especially Norbert. He allowed us to check in early and even made us cappuccinos while we waited a few minutes for the staff to finish getting our room ready.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The hotel has been in business for some years which is noticed. However this is what you can expect for a central *** hotel like this.

The hotel is close to everything in Nice. To the beach, to the old town and the city centre. For those arriving with a car, like us, there is a public parking just outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The views shown in the photos were somewhat different in reality. We understand that views may not be exactly as shown but felt very disappointed to be staring at a concrete wall. The first photo I have loaded is reality and the 2nd is the advertised photo.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The bed was good, but it was a Little problem that we had to simple beds instead of one double, so they drifted a bit apart.

The location was perfect, just 2 minutes from Promenade Des Anglais and about 5 minutes from the Old town. Our View from the 5th floor was really nice. The receptionists were friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Staff did not speak English. Or didn't want to :/

Choose ocean view, totally worth that! The location was perfect, close to everything. Quite plain hotel lobby, but the room was nicer.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

A kettle in the room with tea making facilities would be appreciated ..

Bed was very comfy and the view fab .. Room 507 ..Robert the receptionist was very helpful and so pleasant ... Lovely guy ..

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Even if the room was small I rated my stay as excellent because we really love this hotel and it's position. The front desk staff Norbert was very friendly, helpful and really professional. Regards!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

You have to drop your key into reception when you go out. Which really isn't too bad but I'd personally prefer to just carry it on me

Excellent location - easy walk beach and old town. Room was clean and comfy with big awesome bathroom!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The room for the first night was fine. Except that when we showered in the morning there was no hot water. Next morning gave us a nicer room with a view of the sea.

Due to last minute booking due to a àirbnb cancellation. This was the third alternate option provided by booking.com Glad to have a room.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

We were happy with the accommodation but I want to say that NORBERT who was working at the front desk was amazing he made our stay so enjoyable with his friendliness, nothing was too much trouble personality and I just want to thank him for being so lovely.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room

The reception guy said that taxi price is 30 euro I paid for 6 to him and ask to taxi will be with terminal But taxi was without terminal and ask me to pay 30!! And didn't speak English So this service is awful !!!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Noise from street at night street side rooms.

Breakfast is better taken nearby in a restaurant/cafe. Not worth the price. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Location is perfect. Be careful in taxi. There is an "Ambassadeur" hotel. You will risk ending up in Antibes"

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Comfort Double Room

Dirty looking carpet and old looking blanket on the bed. Beds should have removable washable covers for cleanliness. No tea making facilities.

Staff member Rodbert? at the front desk was the most helpful staff member I have ever come across. Bathroom had been renovated and was very good

Staff and location.

Great staff, clean and in a great place to visit Nice, the beds could do with a revamp.

Old facilities

Staff and location

• Comfort Double Room

The toilet was dirty, they didn't lean it carefully. Also the blanket was not that clean. Found some hair on it.

The location was perfect.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

CoUldale have had coffee facilities in room.

Staff extremely helpful,great location.

• Comfort Double Room

Fantastic staff, Norbert on reception was one of the friendliest and welcoming hotel staff we have ever encountered.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

the breakfast could have been better.

good location, friendly staff, very clean.

We didn’t use beaches

Cleanness and location

• Comfort Double Room

There was nothing that we didn't like

Location perfect.clean .staff friendly and helpful

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

friendly staff, comfortable bed, good breakfast

Breakfast Room was very poor The facilities are very old

Outside noise

• Comfort Double Room

Convenient to walk to most places in Nice. Very close to lots of restaurants, bars and feels very safe to stay late in the area at night