Reviews of Amélie Hotel 2 stars

5 rue Amélie, 7th arr., 75007 Paris, France

#592 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Nice hotel to live in Paris

It is a little bit small for two people to live in, we live on the top floor, it is sometimes noisy in the early morning. The door of the bathroom didn't provide enough privacy.

The location is great, very close to the metro line and it is clean and tidy, the hosts are nice and very helpful. There are a minibar and a safe in the room, also it is a safe place to live in Paris.

The rooms are not well isolated and so close to each other...

The rooms are not well isolated and so close to each other that you hear all what is happening in the other rooms so i couldnt sleep for my whole stay.

Very Spartan, with small drab room, uncomfortable bed and...

Very Spartan, with small drab room, uncomfortable bed and linens. Hot and stuffy. Walls decorated with decals of upholstery and airline windows. The fact that there is no elevator and very narrow staircase might bother some people

Didn´t feel safe and not worth the money

We choose the hotel based on rating and images which unfortunately did not meet the expectations in reality. Door lock was broken so the room was not secure, safe didn´t work and was not mounted in the wall, it smelled moldy in the bathroom the coat hanger/shelf on the wall was not firmly attached to the wall. Worth noting is that airport shuttle is only available from the hotel. We told the staff about the door lock and safe and they said they will fix it but I could see that they already knew about it and had no solution. It was never fixed so we need to carry our valuable things with us during the entire stay which was quite heavy.

Location is really good in the middle of everything, short walk to a lot of things. It is a charming property but not well maintained

The pictures overrate the experience

The pictures of this hotel far overrate the experience. The showers are filthy with mold, the rooms are tiny and face a noisy street (think deliveries at 7am), and the breakfast room looks like a playschool.

it was generally good and I like the staff..

the room and the bath are small, the bed is small for two persons ... also no elevator so need to carry the luggage up all the way through the stairs...

the hotel is nice, the location is great, the surrounding area is very nice, and the room is clean and cleaning done everyday, and it contains all needed accessories...

Location was absolutely perfect!

Too much noise from neighbouring rooms but wasnt a big problem. Im sure that upper floors doesnt have that problem but i stayed at first floor!

Location was absolutely perfect! Many restaurants nearby! Stuff was very friendly and helpful! Loved my stay there! Also train and bus stations were nearby, easy access from CDG airport with RER!

Great would book again

Room was on top floor and no lift but I was aware of this at time of booking

Room was on top floor so was lovely and quiet, bed was comfy it was super clean and compact. Small mini bar/fridge. Friendly staff. Would stay here again

Good location but if you value your sleep, don’t stay here.

I didn’t like the size of the room. Too small but I guess that’s normal in Paris. Thin walls and doors which means I could hear conversations in the hallway and steps on the stairs. When other guests came in late from a night out, I constantly woke up. The single bed is horribly uncomfortable. The pillows were terrible.

I liked the location very much. Very close to Invalides, Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars. There’s a bus station and a metro station a few steps away. Easily commutable. Staff was friendly too. Bathroom was clean. Small but clean. I appreciated the earlybcheck in when the room was available.

Excellent find! It was much better than I had expected.

The stairs were not a problem, because I sent an email in advance and asked for the first floor. The gentleman at the desk helped me with my bags.

The room was very adequate for me. The comforter was warm and just the right weight. Extremely clean! Everything you need is there; well organized.

You get what you pay for. Not recommended if you have big luggage as no lifts

The bed was making a noise everytime i turned. The old man at reception was unpleasant when i asked why he needed to photocopy my passport, especially as I had already paid for my room. He kept on saying that this was the hotel policy but he was very defensive. I was given a room in the 4th floor with no lift and I had to go up the very small and narrow stair case with my bags and suitcase and it was very tricky and painful. The room was cold and aside from the rail radiator in the bathroom, I could not see any other radiator in the room. The bedside light was flicking.

the location

A good base to visit Paris by foot

The rooms are very small, which you expect for that part of Paris at less than 130 euros or so. There is no elevator (the staff can help lifting the luggage but, in any case, that's not very practical.

I liked the location, very close to Invalides and Tour Eiffel, the Imperial side of Paris. The staff was very helpful. The price is the lowest one I could find in this part of Paris. The decoration is nice.

We enjoyed ourselves.

Room was very very small. Could barely move. No elevator and very narrow stairs. Hard to move suitcases.

Great location. Could walk everywhere. Did not eat at hotel. Staff was very helpful. Maid kept a very clean room for us.

Overall was very good and we will come back here for sure

The hotel didn’t has the elevator and we had to carry our baggage by ourselves to the 4F.

The reception was very friendly and kind, he helped us to find the local supermarket at night as well.

Ok for a couple of nights if you're on a budget and you don't wanna spend lots of money

The hotel itself is crap. The rooms are tiny and uncomfortable, paint is peeling off of the wall, the bathroom has a SEE THROUGH door!!!! If you are planning a romantic getaway with your significant other be prepared to see she or he taking a poop and smelling it. Or hey, whenever any of you needs to make number 2, the other goes shopping so you don't need to hear, see and smell the bowel movements of your loved one. Oh, the sliding see through door in my room had a crack on it and the hotel had the genius idea of trying to make it unnoticeable by sticking a tacky appliqué of a branch of cherry blossoms.Also, tiny blood stains on the bedsheets were another nice surprise which made the whole ambiance of the room an unforgettable experience. Yes, blood stains. I am not talking about crime scene gory splashes of blood, but like 4 drops spread across the cover of the mattress. Anyway, disgusting. For a city like Paris the price is ok and the room itself was clean, but these details should be corrected and repaired immediately!!!

The location is the only thing that this hotel has going on. Very close to lots of good restaurants, stores, markets, the subway, walking distance from the Eiffel Tower and many other attractions in the city. The area is gorgeous and safe. Not so touristy so that´s also great.

Great value for money, ideal location and a nice homely vibe

Nothing, all was great!

Such a lovely hotel. I loved the location! Sandwiched in between two very Parisian streets St Dominique & Rue De Grenelle both lined with local cafes, book shops and even a fruit and veg market. I felt a true local in this are with the Eiffel Tower Looming over me :) Staff were accommodating and friendly.

short and sweet

We were on the 4th floor but they have no lift and the stairs are vey narrow it was okay to climb it, but not okay when we have to climb it carrying our luggage.

the hotel room has a nice décor its quite small but it's enough if you don't have a lot of luggage. It is just 10 mins walk from Eiffel Tower and lots of shops (Boulangeries/Carrefour/Starbucks etc.) around the area and there's an atm nearby and metro station

Great location but nothing else

Apart from its great location, this hotel offers a very basic accommodation. No breakfast was included in the price (130 euros per night!!), the room was on the small size, bathroom had a funny glass door and you could see through while someone was in the bathroom-AWKWARD!!!, not to mention the 4 floors we had to go up and down without a lift ( as most old hotels in Paris of course). Finally, it was not the cleanest hotel I have been to. Staff was ok.

Great location if you don't mind the room quality and don't want to spend a fortune to stay in expensive Paris.

Great Location. Just 20 min. walk to the Eiffel Tower. Near the Military Museum which we enjoyed.

The spiral staircase with suitcases was a challenge. The room was small by US standards but average by European standards.

This was all about location. Terrific location and less expensive than other hotels.

Cozy boutique hotel real taste of French chic at its best

If window open outside noises all night with late and early morning deliveries

Super clean Friendly helpful staff Location central near Eiffel Tower and other attractions

Good cheap place to stay not luxury but good for short stays as we wanted.

Hard to get upstairs with luggage. No assistance.

Basic breakfast available good room , good location friendly staff especially the lady. Good budget hotel . close to attractions or transport.

Great little hotel, in a great location.

The room is small and, as you might expect, so is the bed but that's normal for Paris.

The room was clean and staff were helpful. Good use of the space and the fan was great, as it was very hot when we stayed.

I loved how close it was to everything.

The amount of noise from inside the building that I could hear all night long. I didn't sleep either nights due to the other people shuffling up and down the stairs the entire night.

I loved how close it was to everything. It was a nice small room that had everything I needed. Very nice neighborhood!

Amazing stay!

The room was very lovely decorated and had everything you need for a short stay, same with the bathroom. The location was brilliant, the staff were very helpful and it was great that we could leave our luggage at reception on the last day while we explored Paris.

The location was great close to all the tourist sites.

Our room was on the fourth floor and the hotel does not have an elevator so you had to struggle up the very narrow stair case with two suite cases. When we opened the door to the room much to our horror the room was just big enough to fit two small beds pushed together. The bathroom was so tiny if you are average height you cannot sit on toilet no leg room. My advice look around and spend a little more for a room. If the hotel had a fire and you are on the top floor good luck no fire escapes.

The location was great close to all the tourist sites.

Excellent staff and excellent location with access to bus + subway. No a/c and small room.

There was no air conditioner but a fan was provided. We stayed when it was windy at night so it was okay but on hot day it could get bad. There was no elevator which meant we had to carry our luggage up a very small round set of stairs but I believe all hotels in Paris are like this.

Bed was comfortable. Shower and bathroom was small but this is like most hotels in Paris. Location was fantastic, it was between all of the attractions with easy access to the subway and bus. Staff was excellent providing help and advice where needed. Staff provided us an Iron to use for ironing clothes.( All of the hotels in Europe do not have an Iron provided in each hotel room.) It was quiet even with the window open.

Clean and basic accomodation walking distance to Eiffle Tower!

The man on arrival wasn't so welcoming. I also asked about tours and he said he couldn't help. (Or maybe he didn't understand my English) As I was checking out the the next day I noticed thee were even brochures for tours on display at reception.

The girl on reception in the afternoons/evening was very helpful and friendly. Excellent customer service!

Great hotel in the middle of everything!

The room was quite hot but there was an airconditioner in the room which was very helpful.

The hotel was very cute. The walls in the room and the halls were covered with nice figures and quotes. The room itself was a bit small but it was just about enough for 2 people. The location of the hotel was just about right, in between of everything! There are nice pubs and markets around.

Delightful hotel in excellent location

The bed was a bit hard but not a big issue.

Our stay here was delightful. You get more than what you pay for. Rooms were clean and enough room. Highlight was the incredible staff who were so helpful. Location is fantastic in an amazing neighbourhood

Fabulous hotel

Room needed a fan or air conditioning as it was 35 degrees and this was in June.

Being a 10 minute walk to the Tour Eiffel, the location was fantastic, such a beautiful area and I walked and used public transport the whole time. But what really made my stay amazing was the incredible staff that worked there. They made me feel so welcome and helped me with what ever I needed. Thank You to David, Danny, Fernando, Ibrahim and Christine for making my stay in Paris unforgettable ❤️

Very nice hotel in a supreme location

Only minus - lack of a lift, but it was just a very minor issue that is a result of the building's age.

Very helpful personnel and a nice, comfy hotel with a modern, quirky interior. Location is the biggest benefit, central Paris with public transport and sightseeing spots very close.

Nice, quaint hotel in great location.

Room was smaller than i expected, but was adequate.

Great location. Not too noisy, considering in city near Eiffel tower. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Petit but Cozy

The property has no lifts so you have to carry your luggage to your room, and our room doesn't have an a/c so it gets a bit warm sometimes but thats probably my fault as i did not notice the facilities before i book so just a heads-up when booking.

The hotel is centrally located and close to top sightseeing destinations, the Eiffel tower is about 10-20 minutes walk depending on your facing, there were grocery stores, restaurants, and cafes close to the property. The staffs were friendly, very accommodating and always smiling. The room is neat and clean although a bit small so was the toilette but thats Paris, judging based on what we pay for its a fair deal.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Quaint quirky hotel in great location

Rooms are fairly small but what else would you expect from this part of Paris,

If you want to be in the 7th in Paris near Eiffel tower etc. then this is perfect

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

It is a clean and small batch hotel, which is nice.

The room was exceptionally small, even by Parisian standards. So, if you are looking for a reasonably priced option in the 7eme Arrondissement, it does its job, but don't expect anything special. Location wise it was perfect as I needed to be in this area, but as a tourist, be aware that this area is far off from the usual sight seeing spots (except the Tour Eiffel), so take longer travels into account.

It is a clean and small batch hotel, which is nice. The staff was unintrusive but especially the guy on night shift was quite aware on who was staying, as he was asking for my room number and name to check, remembering this the following nights. So that gave a secure feeling.

Quite a nice small room where you can rest

It is just a (very small) room and nothing else. No lift and really hard to navigate the narrow spiral stairs with your luggage in tow, and I was assigned to a room at the topmost floor!!!

Quite a nice small room where you can rest

The location is very convenient.

The communication between the hotel staff and the cleaning staff didn't work during my stay. I requested that my room should not be cleaned during my stay but still they cleaned it. But this is a minor problem overall.

The location is very convenient. The hotel is within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, The Invalides, Pont Alexandre III. There is a supermarket just around the corner maybe 50m away. The hotel staff was very nice and helpfull.

Fantastic hotel

The room was very good value for the money. Very tidy and beds were very comfortable. The eiffle tower is a 10 min walk from the hotel. The area is very nice and it's surrounded by local shops, restaurants and bakery's.

Strongly recommended

It was 5 nights stay and is was perfect. You can easily get to the hotel from CDG by RER. Eiffel Tower is 10, RER C station - 10, Louvre, D'Orsay, Notre Dame - max. 30 min. walk from Amelie. The room was small, yes, but it wasn't a problem for me. Clean hotel, good breakfast, strong wifi, nice and safe area. Many markets and restaurants around. Helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Not bad for it's price

The employees were so helpful and nice. The room was not bad.it is good for it's price and location الفندق قريب من برج ايڤيل ويبعد قرابة 2 كم عن شارع الشانزياليزيه. الفندق ليس سيء مقارنة بسعره وموقعه . العاملين ودودين جدا

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Small hotel close to Eiffel Tower

As normal in Paris, soundproofing and insulation is poor so you can hear everything in the street and in the rest of the hotel.

Great location, close to Eiffel Tower and Rue Cler. Décor is interesting and well done. It was a cold weekend but the heating worked very well. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Nice little hotel but service could be better.

2 lamps out of order, of which 1 above the mirror in the bathroom. We mentioned this at the reception next morning. But no repairs were done, and no excuses were made untill I asked next morning. This is not good service.

Good quality bed, original and funny decorations in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

A very nice place to stay in Paris.

Wifi sometimes not work

Very good location, good staff and comfortable room. Many good restaurants nearby. Also very close to supermarket and laundry shop.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Happy hairy doesn't get a phone call

We stood at the top floor and there are no elevators so it was kind of a mission to go up and down the steep and narrow stairs which, we did often because there was no phone in our room. We understand it was a fluke. That there is usually a phone in the room but it was just missing?? We all had a laugh and we brushed it off... until that meant walking 8 flights of stairs for a wine opener. Also, there was more than one hair on our pillows that 100% did not belong to us. If I wasn't a bottle of wine in I would have been way more grossed out than I was.

The location and price is hands down amazing. There was breakfast available to us for a fee. Every employee of the hotel was very friendly and incredibly helpful. I just loved the staff and the cute and funky decor. They offered to hold our luggage after checkout while we explored the city and they suggested some nice places to eat in walking distance. I saw that there was an app for the hotel with more info on the neighborhood but I never got around to downloading it.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Great location for Paris.

It's a typical small Parisian hotel, so if you are expecting a Marriott-style American cookie-cutter hotel, you are going to the wrong place.

Great location for Paris. Typical small Parisian hotel, which is why I stay there.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Very good option to see Paris and feel comfortable

Wifi not all the time working, but when it works it has strong signal

Very good location, Nice area, near major sights, super friendly staff, small but quite comfortable room and good bed No elevator which is quite widespread in old buildings, as well as small room, so actually it has no impact if you are ok to go up 3-4 stairs and fine with some kind of romantic small rooms

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Classic, clean, simple 2 star Paris space.

Nothing to be done about no elevator. We love the location near Rue Cler and Tour Maubourg Metro stop works great for us.

Friendly helpful staff. While we could have limped along in travel French, they all spoke English and were great.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

DON'T STAY IN ROOM 33!!

Didn't like the see-through toilet door in Room 33 which meant others in the room seeing you squat on the WC when the light is on! Never seen that in 49 years of staying in hotels. Why no soap or tea making facilities either?!

Location was excellent!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Nice local hotel in Paris

There are 4 flights of narrow stairs to lug your suitcases so this would not suit some people. Request lower floor rooms!

The rooms were very clean, modern and all with different themes. The location is near the Eiffel Tower but was in a nice local area away from tourists! Great restaurants.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

location, some friendly staff

Breakfast was poor - we had to keep asking for items - they had cereals, but no milk, no plain yogurts, no boiled eggs, no baguettes! And all for 12 euros each! Cheaper & better elsewhere.

location, some friendly staff

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Wonderful little place

Small room and bathroom but a good compromise for the location. They have done an excellent job at making the most of the small hostel.

Ideal location!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

loved the location and the breakfast.

a cooling fan that DOES NOT HAVE A TIMER. It is too hot in the summer to expect your paying customer to get up every two hours to turn on the fan in the middle of the night. Other than that it was great.

loved the location and the breakfast. Rooms are very cute and very clean.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Great location and nice staff.

The Wifi connection was spotty and didn't work so I couldn't use Internet. I booked three rooms. For my room, the mini bar was broken and my fan was weak. I also had no safe. However, the other two rooms had everything: safe, strong fans, and minibars that were very cool.

The rooms were all decorated with different themes. Within five minutes walk to a metro station.

Nice People, and nice location

Nice People, and nice location

Value No air conditioning and fan didn’t work

Not desirable.

Tiny rooms. Narrow staircase. Poor value for money.

Tiny rooms. No elevators. Nice bathroom.

Clean, nice bed and very friendly staff , great location

Had to make a Parcours to reach the shower, tiny staircase with suitcases is a challenge

Clean, nice bed and very friendly staff , great location

Bathroom is big but glass doors does not close completely.

Bathroom is big but glass doors does not close completely. Curtain is a bit see through.

Amazing!

The location was great! The cost was reasonable and the room was immaculate. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Weekend at Hotel Amelie

Bed was hard

Very Parisienne

Proper clean place, good beds, friendly staff, a little outdated here and there and no lift

Small room

Good location, clean, nice staff, everything you need.

The bed was very hard!

Good location, clean, nice staff, everything you need.

Clean,comfortable,close to the Eiffel Tower,perfect accommodation to visit the city

Position,24 hrs reception,cleanliness

Short and sweet

There is no elevator but that was not a problem for me (do alot of sports).

Interesting decor. Friendly staff.

Cute little place near the tower.

No lift (elevator) so my oversized American luggage was a treat to get upstairs.

Cute little place near the tower. Very helpful staff

Location and Staff helpfulness

Small room but clean a had everything for a short stay

Great value for money.

No kettle :( but lots of nearby cafés.

Very good location, comfortable bed, staff very friendly.

Janet

No cattle, no cup, the stairs are deep

The staff, the location, you can walk to many attractions.

The hotel is in the best place in paris

The rooms is very very small The hotel was without elevator

The hotel is in the best place in paris

good hotel

bad sound insulation.

good hotel, nice location.

Dislike

Room size and unpleasant smell in room. USB charging is not in room and above Hotel staff not ready to help out in such situations

Cool

Great location, close to the Eiffel Tower

No elevator or AC

Great location, close to the Eiffel Tower

Bit outside the centre

The bed was excellent...clean room and bathroom

Browse Amélie Hotel traveller photo gallery