Reviews of Appart'City Lille Grand Palais 3 stars

19 rue Berthe Morisot, 59000 Lille, France

#106 of 125 Holiday rentals in Lille

It was a nice experience in a Apparthotel
    • Double Studio

The wifi connection was not great

Good location not too far from the train station and close to public trans portation, some places of interest were at a walking distance. Personnel were nice and helpful

Practical
    • Twin Studio

No housekeeping seen during our 3 day stay. Stale smell in the hotel itself, little interaction with the staff. Picture of the booked room looked better then reality.

Coffee maker and small dishwasher. Balcony (with entrance from the apartment itself) so we had some fresh air and more light. WiFi worked well. Basic but practical kitchen equipment, supermarket nearby.

Location was nice.
    • Double Studio

Rooms are not comfortable. There was a noise like laundry machine all night. There is no air conditioner and the room was smelling bad.

Location was nice. Reception staff was good and thanks to woman who helped me for balcony door and ventilation fan.

Stall were friendly and helpful.
    • Double Studio

The room was very noisy with close proximity to the highway and loud neighbors. It may be better to stay in winter time as there is no need to open the window.

Stall were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good.

If you prefer clean, you don't want to stay here.
    • Double Studio

Place is not clean, things are broken, toilets were like public toilets. :(

Staff is great and no matter how other things are, they try to make it survivable.

Reasonable apartment to stay one or two nights.
    • Apartment

The interior is outdated. No wall outlet in the kitchen. So the provided coffee machine is useless. The bedroom is too small. No table to put the suitcases. The fridge is not very cold and can't be ajusted. The breakfast has no boiled eggs.

The friendliness of the staff. The heating systems worked very wel.

Not central, but not on an industrial estate either so not badly positioned and reasonable.
    • Double Studio

The main problem was the lack of hot water for a shower on the second morning - the water was freezing, so that was a disappointment. More TV channel choice would have been very welcome and the wifi kept cutting out. Also, no kettle - even though there was a fridge and a kitchen sink with drainer, two hobs, a microwave and even a mini-dishwasher. I need my cup of tea! Also, the cups were very tiny indeed so we had to go out and buy ourselves two mugs (luckily we had bought the teabags and cobbled something together by using the coffee maker - not quite right though). In midwinter you do want more of the home comforts. Lift didn't work at one point.

The room was modern and reasonably comfortable, and there was a kitchenette which was a nice touch. Staff were perfectly pleasant but not particularly engaged. Good shower (but no hot water second day).

Overall a good stay, facilities met our requirements, but some room for improvement
    • Apartment

There was no means of suitable ventilation at night as we were at the back on the ground floor and the only option was to have a very accessible large window freely open which would have been very insecure. While the food content of the breakfasts was perfectly adequate, presentation and delivery was chaotic, and staff somewhat lacking customer service skills!

Great central location but in a quiet back street. Clean, adequate facilities and firm but comfortable beds. Good secure parking. Excellent Bistro nearby.

Not bad, could be better.
    • Apartment

If your looking for a view this spent really have one. The decor is dated especially the bathroom etc.

Location was good for a 15 minute walk in to the centre of Lille. It's basic but functuonal.

Very poor standards
    • Apartment

Room was located next to a motorway, when open window it was very noisy, could not sleep.It was very hot inside appartment , ask reception for a fan, they did not have and do not provide. I will never recommend this appartment, it was not great to stay..

Only parking facilities was ok and reception staff were nice.

The fact that we got a room on the side of the hotel that...
    • Apartment

The fact that smoking is not allowed but still other customers would smoke from their windows which allowed the smoke to get to our room. This rule should be better enforced. Also the fact that we got an almost finished toilet roll on the toilet holder, i am all for not wasting but this means we should have get 2 extra rolls under the sink not 1. If you have to ask for a toilet roll or extra towels you have to pay. We were 3 adults staying for a 7 nights.

The fact that we got a room on the side of the hotel that faced the motorway which is cooler than the front facade at this time of the year and with no balcony. In a previous stay i was in a front room with balcony which had no separation with the other rooms and did not feel secure and it was so hot couldnt open the door for fear of someone getting in during the night.

Good value for money.
    • Double Studio

The kitchenette was odd. No kettle, but possibly could have asked for one. Had to ask for a hairdryer from reception, but not a big deal. It was a 20 minute walk to the city centre. I would have liked to have stayed a bit closer.

Room was very good for the price paid.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Very dated and not at all like the pictures on Booking.
    • Apartment

Very dated and not at all like the pictures on Booking.com. kitchen broken in many places, window didn't close properly, etc, didn't feel clean, needs a complete overhaul. It was suitable, but for the price disapointing.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

A definite for Location/Parking, a miss for Comfort.
    • Double Studio

They have views onto a motorway. Surely it would be best to advertise that at least. Windows had not been cleaned for quite a while, so that was not particularly reassuring. Cigarette butts from clients on the 3rd floor were caught on the screen in front of the window. Room was without airconditioning, so this necessitated opening a window. So you either choose between quiet or fresh air.

The Parking is secure and should probably be included in the stay rather than the breakfast, as it is a definite benefit. The cooking facilities seemed to be adequate. The bathroom was quite nice. Location was perfect for a nice walk.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

It was very nice and clean
    • Double Studio

I didn't like about the bed sheet. I didn' see the cleaner came to change or cleaning the room just the last day. I didn't know why?

It was very nice and clean

Clean and comfortable hotel
    • Double Studio

Very clean and comfortable room. Perfect for our 1 night stay, we were too tired from a long drive to go out in the evening so went to the local supermarket 5 minutes away for snacks. Hotel has secure underground parking. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very fresh and good choices.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Good price, low quality
    • Twin Studio

The room was cold because the windows didn't close properly. Had to pay a 3 euros tax nobody told me before.

The hotel has underground parking which theoretically is 10 euros per night but they didn't charge for it.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Fair and decent choice.
    • Double Studio

Not 24h reception, no room service.

Kind and polite staff, easy access, location close to the ring road, clean, quiet and warm room, nice and adequate breakfast, free wi-fi, private parking, value for money.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Spend a few extra euros and avoid this place!
    • Double Studio

The bed was rock hard like sleeping on the floor, there were hidden charges everywhere (charges to park, charges to use the washing up liquid! Charges to clean the room if you use the cooking equipment, even if you clean it yourself!) the 'kitchen' is nothing more than a hob on a cupboard, you would be hard pushed to rustle up toast in there let alone a meal.

It was cheap

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

NOT recommended, it smells really bad and it's dirty.
    • Double Studio

1. There was a very strong sewage smell in the room, so bad that we had to leave the room earlier than we would have wanted. 2.The shower was dirty, I found hairs on the shower walls and hairs tangled in the shampoo, so apparently it hadn't been thoroughly (or not at all) cleaned before our arrival. 3. Staff was rude. When I informed the reception of the smell and the hairs, they said "it had been cleaned" instead of apologizing. 4. The view of the room opens on a highway (but it was quiet).

Relatively close to the subway (M2).

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Avoid at all costs
    • Twin Studio

Communication.Because we were arriving whilst the office was closed between 12.00 and 15.00 hrs we were supposed to have a security code sent to us to be able to enter our room - it didn't happen - we had to wait until 15.00 hrs before someone came. There were local taxes of 20 Euros to pay on top of the price we paid - this was not mentioned. We had to pay for wifi ; never had to do that anywhere else I've stayed. This was supposed to be an apartment for two, We had one cup ( I had to ask for another) - the bare amount of crockery and eating utensils. No kettle and so on.Four coat hangers.I had to ask for more NO cleaners provided . Very small apartment - the pictures tell a lie.

It was quiet. The shower unit - hot water all the time.The cooking facilities were basic but served the purpose

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Nice location
    • Double Studio

Really warm, no airco and the only way to get some fresh air was by opening the door that points to a common balcony, so anyone from any other room can enter to your room in the night. A bit confusing on how to enter, get the keys from our room. We were not the only ones having problem. Also no body to ask, there was no one in reception and no body answer the telephone, at the end other people staying in the hotel help us with this.

Nice location

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

I Like location i hated extra charges
    • Double Studio

No 24h reception I haven't been informed that there is no 24h reception I had to call to help desc to know how to get into my room I didn't like the extra charges monition on papers I got with keys I didnt like the way you ask customers to clean otherwise will be charged I have been many hotels I never seen this it was my first time

I like location Carpet Bed

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Poor
    • Superior Double Studio

I did not like the manner in which my booking was handled. Despite cancellation, I have been charged for one night. I had rebooked into Holiday Inn Expreess in Lille for the same duration. I asked repeatedly over email advising I wish to cancel. It was confirmed by Dave that the refund gut the one night will be processed. I am in London and going to Brussels in the next few days but I will not be coming back to booking dot com for any further accomodation bookings due to the double payment I have had to make for the same night at two different locations. You have lost a key customer. I am deleting your app from my phone as well.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Good value for money.
    • Superior Double Studio

There were some (kitchen) amenities missing in my room and a small leak in the kitchen sink. Also it was really hot and no way to open the window to the balcony for some fresh air. Just an unlucky room I guess as my friends didn't have any of the above issues

Nice and spacious room, quite comfortable even for a long stay. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Worst accommodation going.
    • Double Studio

That I paid a ridiculous amount to call the information line so I could actually enter my room. Completely no staff. Reception not open; although it was almost 9am. Got charged extra for no apparent reason. No WiFi access as there aren't any staff around. World's most hardest mattress.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Serviceable apartments, but no extra frills
    • Apartment

The location of these apartments is very far out of town - at least a 25 minute walk. However, there is a metro station quite close by that is reasonably priced. My main issue with this place is all the hidden charges. For car parking for 4 days we paid an extra €80. Breakfast, has we wanted it would have been more on top of this. We were also charged extra for cleaning of the room after we checked out, despite us leaving the place spotless (dishes washed, beds stripped and lined folded neatly, bathroom wiped down. Will not be returning.

Great rates.
    • Apartment

No kettle but did have a filter coffee machine instead

Great rates. Comfortable beds. Good facilities

Average
    • Double Studio

Vessels and the stove very dirty and old. Extremely dirty outside the widow. Full of dirt and cigarette butts.

Room nice and spacious

Nearness to the highway.
    • Double Studio

Smelly shower that also had drainage problems. Dated shower and kitchen.

Nearness to the highway. Quiet rooms.

Prettig

Niks

Value for money!

A convenient, good value for money lace to stay. Very friendly and courteous service.
    • Double Studio

No room cleaning for my overnight stay.

The room was clean and comfortable.

It was good

Clean rooms,clean towels

I was please with the area

Cosy and good value
    • Double Studio

A bit cold in the rooms even when heating at maximum. I found women's hair in my clean bath towels.

Neat and close to the city center.

good for a first year education students with stocks of vodka in backpacks
    • Superior Double Studio

very poor facility. comfort is low

location is close to the city center.

great location for the wine tasting event

great location for the wine tasting event

Perfect
    • Double Studio

We are very happy to stay next year. Staff perfect, parking perfect. All were perfect. Thank you so much.👌

Toilet could be cleaner

Toilet could be cleaner

Enjoyed our stay.
    • Double Studio

Lack of air conditioning in hot climactic conditions.

Pleasant staff Clean, spacious roms.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

roughly OK hotel
    • Superior Double Studio

Room isn't well maintained, need pay extra for early checkin & laggage drop off.

Good location nearby office, low price in appartment hotels

- comfortable room, big desk to work, conveniet location
    • Twin Studio

- the hot water in the shower is not unlimited

- comfortable room, big desk to work, conveniet location

Comfortable stay no real issues
    • Twin Studio

That I was asked time of arrival 1pm.. But still had to wait until 3pm.

Comfortable stay

read carefully whilst booking with this site. Deals are scams.

Return my money

I will never book with such cons again.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Really enjoyed my stay , hope to return soon
    • Apartment

The hotel was very comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

the staff was nice
    • Double Studio

the room was not very clean

the staff was nice

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

It was nice and cozy and very affordable.
    • Double Studio

Having to take out our own rubbish

It was nice and cozy and very affordable. Thank you

Lit confortable studio impeccable

Lit confortable studio impeccable

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Quiet and clean.
    • Double Studio

Wifi is not included in the rate and expensive. The same goes for breakfast.

Quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The girls at the reception were really nice and helpful.

There was a strange smell in the room, and the apartment next to us was being refurbished during our stay, the noise was quite irritating. The wifi's quality was bad.

The girls at the reception were really nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The shower was powerful

The falsely advertised parking. Having to pay for parking and the lack of it. The receptionist telling my boy fired from there to Calais would take a minimum of two hours when it took 50 mins. The receptionist advising customers to just risk leaving their car without a pay and display tocket as she didn't think anyone was patrolling the area. I didn't like the lack of sleep I got from the dozens of young people drunk and screaming and shouting all night.

The shower was powerful

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Good location, close to the city centre and railroad station...

We arrived at Sunday, nobody was in the reception and our key was in the safety locker. We didn't know the password for it, it should be sent by SMS but we didn't get it! Some kind guy opened the box for us but our keys were without the room number. This is because of safety they said ... this is ridicules! We should got the room number by SMS (which we didn't receive as I said). We should call to special call centre (fee call) to get the room number. Guys, we have came from abroad, it is problem for us to call by our phones! And this was not only our problem. At least 6 people was in trouble because of this stupid rules. Change it, please!

Good location, close to the city centre and railroad station, large and comfortable room

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

The bed was comfortable.

Bad view, full with cigarettes in front of window. No cleaning in four days. The reception asked us to take the rubbish out before check out (otherwise they apply a charge). Bad odour on corridor. Poor breakfast, without vegetables. Noisy, close to motorway. Only French TV channels. It looks like a bad 2 stars hotel.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

the colour of the couch was nice

toilet was dirty, the hall smelled smoke and dirty carpet, the kitchen was not clean for even attempting to cook the woman at the reception not very friendly because she is pregnant the room smells bad, interior and decoration not welcoming for a stay pay extra charges for a reason that i still do not know up until now

the colour of the couch was nice

• Reviewed: 29 April 2016

Comfortable bed

Smell of cigarettes and quantity of cigerette ends outside window. did not feel comfortable in area at night. Lack of good supermarket and restaurants in near vicinity. Unless you get wifi you are unaware of the numerous rule/regulations Charged for 2 days wifi - checked in at 3pm and checked out at 10am next day?

Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Location was good, walking distance from most things.

Not a lot of information given about the city and things to do, had to ask for a map on my way out, was not offered one. Breakfast was expensive so we did not opt for it.

Location was good, walking distance from most things. One double mattress on the bed rather than two singles, no falling down the middle of the bed in the middle of the night! Always good.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Ask for the wifi booster.

They won't tell you about the wifi booster till you say you have poor connection. Heating was a bit unmanageable, next time we will stay in summer

Ask for the wifi booster. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2016

Quite central, near the metro station.

We had to wait 3 hours out in the cold because the reception was not open, they hadn't given us the entrance code, and there wasn't a safe place to leave our luggage and at least go around the city. They had us waiting for 3 hours and despite me calling again and again they didn't do anything. rude stuff. cold water in the bathroom. if you want wifi you pay 2 euros per day! In 2016...

Quite central, near the metro station.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

Good location for access from motorway network and close to...

Cooking utensils etc very basic but ok. We had to buy some mugs as the cups were far to small to make a drink in. One day the shower ran out of hot water on the fourth person to shower.

Good location for access from motorway network and close to underground for city access that could be walked easily too.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2015

If you're travelling by car the hotel is great, because...

The 2 bed rooms were really nice but the 4 bed rooms were a bit small for 4 persons (1 coach had to be used for 2 people. What was really disappointing was that the hotel didnt make any efforts to cancel the journey after the terror attacks in France in case you were afraid of travelling abroad, that was kind of a bummer.

If you're travelling by car the hotel is great, because it's much easier to reach it like that and the prices are really cheap overall. Overall the stay was uncomplicated and everything went fine.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

The location was very convenient regarding access to Lille...

The whole fabric of the hotel was tired. The place was basic and unkempt. The bedding was dirty from being dragged across the floor. The stay was made uncomfortable by the volume of contractors wondering the corridors. Not the best by a long way. I prefer Formula 1. Basic but fundamentally clean.

The location was very convenient regarding access to Lille center.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

The place was dirty, with dirty smell from the hall, and...

The place was dirty, with dirty smell from the hall, and stronger in the room. The room looks much bigger on the pictures, so pay attention only on the m2, thats ok. I couldnt stay with my family, and I found a better place near train station, what means, better located, and at a bit more price... Does not deserve to stay there... I wrote some time ago a survey on their site with my telephone number, and I havent received any call back, meaning, they are not interested on getting better

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Receptionist was VERY nice girl.

Disgustingly dirty, bad location, huge party going on SO loud we couldn't sleep all night, but management did not stop the noise. Just gross, worst hotel I've ever stayed at in 32 years.

Receptionist was VERY nice girl.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

Liked the place and the hotel was not bad

beware if you are going in summer, it was not we reached late and the ac was not not. tried to switch on the ac but failed..., slept in a hot room. make sure ur ac is on before u reach the hotel.

Liked the place and the hotel was not bad

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

no staff after 8pm., no contact, at 2.30 am we finally get to hotel but we get wrong key to apartament, so after many phone calls we get another apartament but not for 4 person but for only 2. We had to make bed by ourselves. We were not the only family waiting at night at closed door for phone contact. Dirty dishes in the kitchen,dirty freezer, dirty bathroom, couldnt open the window. To sum up nothing was ok

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Hard to get the key and room number outside the reception...

Hard to get the key and room number outside the reception hours. If you don't receive the code for the safe, you need to call an expensive number (2.5euro/min) my waiting time was +10min.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

We stopped here on our way to Calais.

When we arrived, noone was on reception. We have to call a telephone number to get a code from the safe and get our key. We have been on call hold for 20 minutes before someone answered. Very poor experience.

We stopped here on our way to Calais. Close to motorway.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

cosy bed

1. They only support French in there phone call after reception time, and they disconnected the phone call even in a single word "Hello". It was the terrible experiments I had in France. 2. Paid WIFI disconnected regulary and slow

cosy bed

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

cost of wifi, no air condition or fan in summer, rooms can communication through balconies le prix du wifi, pas de clim ni de ventilation, étouffant en plein été et les chambres communiquent par les balcons impossible d'ouvrir donc les portes fenetres

location la situation

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Nice cozy studio, nothing special, good value for money.

The room was so hot! It was hotter in the room than outside! We couldn't sleep! There is no ac in the room, and even no fan!

Nice cozy studio, nothing special, good value for money.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

convenience of location, 7-8 minutes walk to the Grand...

lack of ventilation and proper temperature control, shabby decor, stank of cigarette smoke, not many restaurants close by

convenience of location, 7-8 minutes walk to the Grand Palais convention centre, about 20 minutes walk to Eurostar station, cheap, clean, self-contained

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Location - just 2 stops on the metro to get to the town...

Give it a clean for goodness sake! And don't charge for wifi which doesn't work...

Location - just 2 stops on the metro to get to the town centre

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

Very friendly and efficient staff, the lady who attend us at...

was a bit weird for us have to take the garbage out at check out, but not a big problem.

Very friendly and efficient staff, the lady who attend us at check in could talk french, english and spanish fluently. the Room was like in the pictures, good self catering facilities (including a small dishwasher in the room). close to the underground station. And a good price!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

The location next to the big conference centre, five minutes...

The internet has many issues and I gave up using it. A lack of places to hang towels or coats and a place to put the food you buy were areas that could be improved in the studios.

The location next to the big conference centre, five minutes to Gran Palais metro line. 3 minutes to bike hire station. The staff are friendly and provide good customer service. The rooms are a little dated but very clean and the housekeepers are always happy to help.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Driving out the garage to come home

it was more like a dole dossers bedsit than an appartment, nowhere near anything, stunk of smoke, had to go to the shop and buy cleaning products as the room was that bad, even had to by my own toilet roll, i felt cleaner not having a shower there, even the cleaner stunk of real bad b o

Driving out the garage to come home

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

Everything was fair (except the potential entrance code...

Potential problem for visitors: if you don't have French mobile number they don't send entrance code for arrivals outside reception hours (and this is not written on published hotel policy). Since this was not first time this happened to me in this hotel chain I tried to ask for it few days before arrival day but they didn't respond to my e-mail. They responded but only after several contact attempts and only couple of hours before arrival time. So, potentially, there is a risk for guest to wait entrance until the morning.

Everything was fair (except the potential entrance code problem).

There are also 24 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Appart'City Lille Grand Palais traveller photo gallery