Reviews of Hotel Ascot Opera 3 stars

2, rue Monsigny, 2nd arr., 75002 Paris, France

#680 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

A lovely boutique hotel in great location.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

The only downside was the noise outside the hotel in the morning which was due to construction on the road, so wouldn't be there all the time.

The hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk to the Louvre. The beds were really comfy and the room had a really good shower. The decor was nice. The staff were really helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

The wifi connection was not good, people in reception except...
    • Single Room with Shower

The wifi connection was not good, people in reception except the lady were not especially friendly. The air conditioning make a lot of noise, and there is a drip all night...

Be careful. This team may switch things up on site.

We paid for a room at the Ascot Opera and accidentally walked into the Ascot Ile de France. They quickly directed us to the Ascot Opera and as we walked towards the hotel the person who'd redirected us followed us over. We were then told that they are sister properties and that our room would be in the Ile de France. They also indicated the room would be bigger. It didn't feel right. Felt like we were taken advantage of to make room for someone at the nicer of the two hotels. When we went back to Ile de France, the room was tiny, didn't have a shower curtain, or anything beyond shower gel and a couple of small bars of soap. Glad we didn't spend more time here.

The hotel is situated in a cool neighborhood with good restaurants. It's also a short distance from major sites so very walkable.

The location is great, a few minutes walk to the Louvre, the...
    • Twin Room with Bath

The location is great, a few minutes walk to the Louvre, the Opera, Galerie Lafayette and more. Many metro stops close the hotel, so going to more distant parts of Paris is also very easy. The room was not very large, but comfortable and clean. Many restaurants close by.

Perfect location, very clean, nice place to stay in Paris

We have a booked a room for three adults which was an extra price of course, in fact it was a room for two with an extra bed, so it was extremely tight in the room. Absolutely no place for luggage.

Perfect location, very clean, nice place to stay in Paris

Fatastic
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

Shampoo would have been great in addition to the shower gel and parking lots were a bit narrow/dangerous.

Breakfast and service was totally great. Same for location, price and the room itself

Very enjoyable - I'd definitely return.
    • Single Room with Shower

Breakfast was an additional 15 euros and was fine though pretty basic.

Very spacious, comfortable, characterful top floor room with views over the Paris rooftops and a small sitting area which I hadn't expected.

Very good little hotel, great location, great price
    • Quadruple/Family Room

The bath was a bit slippery. There were no international channels on the tv which would have been nice but not essential

The location was good, although not the best tube access to be honest as the station nearest isnt a good line to connect to attractions. Nevertheless there were plenty of cafes, restaurants and shops near by. The price of the hotel was very good

Bed bugs report - better leave - better safe than sorry
    • Twin Room with Bath

Report of bed bugs by another customer - when we informed front desk that we were leaving (without even asking for a refund) the employee at the reception turned pretty nasty. He was pushy, rude and bordering verbally aggressive. Also he spoke poorly about the people who told us about the bed bug report (who happened to be black) in a manner that implied racism ('those people')

I have traveled professionally for 10+ years, and think this may have been one of the worst hotels
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

-BUGBITES: woke up with bugbites all over my and my partner's legs. When I expressed this to the staff, they were unconcerned and said "did I see the bugs biting me" and then said "no one has ever complained about bugs in that room before". Literally while I was complaining, the person behind me was there to complain -RUDE STAFF: When I asked politely to pay for my one night, but leave (due to getting bugbites everywhere), the agent refused to allow me to leave without paying for all future nights. He then "called the director of the hotel" and started insulting me in French, before hanging up and saying there was nothing he could do to let me leave without charging for future nights. I was sure to respond in French letting him know I knew everything he just said about me, to which he apologized and offered to upgrade my room to one that may have less bugs. -NO PARKING, DESPITE WHAT SITE SAYS: I realize it's very unique to have a car, which is why I booked this hotel. I was very clear in my booking, "Please do not confirm the reservation if parking is not available". They of course confirmed the booking, and when I arrived there was no parking available. I had to drive around Paris myself to find a lot, and pay nearly double what is listed on the booking site. -HEAT: Easily one of the hottest hotels I've ever stayed in. I imagine many people have sweat in these beds. -LOUD: Loud restaurant/Bar outside the hotel, so if you'd like to leave the window open, you will likely get mosquitos and hear a lot of noise. Both late at night for the bar crowd, and early in the AM for the working crowd

-Proximity to louvre and other sites was a positive -The look on the Hotel staff's face when he found out I spoke French, because he had just been insulting me in french to someone else over the phone

Excellent location, clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

The single bed in the room was a camp bed rather than a proper bed, this was the only downside.

The big bed in our triple room was very comfortable. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was nice and again spacious.

• Single Room with Shower

Buffet breakfast, not a lot of choice. Croissants ok, but quite cold. Milk a bit too cold, only boiled eggs but not really good, looked like there were not completely cooked...

Very clean and comfortable

Great location for what we needed, very clean and comfortable although the room was on the small size. Superb contact and assistance from the hotel before we arrived. Would recommend.

Because the Paris market is competitive, I would still consider this a good value.
    • Double Room with Bath

Very small, bordering on claustrophobic. Even though it was cold outside we slept with the windows open so it wouldn't seem stagnant.

It was comfortable and I loved the authentic older Parisian accents. For example, the wooden beams in the hallways and the winding stairs from when it was a walk up. It's proximity to the Opera House is also desirable.

The worst hotel in paris.
    • Single Room with Shower

I was really hard to open my door because that is too old and too dangerous. And single room is too small and not insulated against noise. I literally wanted to change my hotel while I am in this hotel. But I already paid 8 nights so I couldn't. I have forgotten the importance of hotel during my paris trip. And I felt a little affronted when a hotel staff have gone somewhere and locked door. So I had to wait 15min this cold day. What angers me is the fact that the staff didn't give a word of apology about why he locked the door. He spoiled My First Trip of Paris. Maybe his name is John. And he told me he is chief this hotel.

Location is good.

Location is great, 5 min walk to the Louvre and everything...
    • Quadruple/Family Room

The cleaning ladies don't speak English and you just cant explain them your needs.

Location is great, 5 min walk to the Louvre and everything else, 15 min to the Grevin Museum, 3 min to metro and shops. The room is small but lovely, warm and comfy.

Excellent location, great staff, cute small rooms
    • Double Room with Bath

Rooms are to small but it’s Paris and to be expected. Also expensive but again it’s Paris so very standard. No way around it.

Excellent location, great staff, cute room, nice large bathroom in the deluxe double bed room. Overall I’d recommend for Paris. I also requested a balcony which was wonderful and rare in Paris!

Tiny but pricy
    • Single Room with Shower

"Single room" should be renamed "private wardrobe with a toilet", I know it's Paris, no matter how much you charge, tourist will keep coming in. The shower door couldn't close properly and all the water was flooding the tiny bathroom. Don't bother having breakfast there, it's pricy and below average.

Location is really good and the staff is also very nice.

The room is quite small. I booked a triple room and the hotel just put an extra bed in the previous double room. So the room is pretty crowded, with nearly no free space other than the beds and closet.

Location is really good and the staff is also very nice.

Toilet next to bed is not acceptable.
    • Single Room with Shower

Toilet next to bed. Size and height of the room it's a joke. If you are above 1,80 cm tall you might be in trouble. And getting out of shower without openning the door.

English spoken staff.

Had a fab time.

Had to keep reconnecting to the wifi every 24 hours

Comfy beds, but the room was a bit on the small size for 3 people. Lovely clean bathroom, great shower!

Just great - we will come back!
    • Quadruple/Family Room

If anything then breakfast might not be worth the 15 euros. We were offered not to pay for our youngest child and that made it ok but you can go many places in the neighborhood and get a much better breakfast at lower price.

Great hotel very conveniently placed close to many great sights especially Louvre. The hotel is clean, cozy and simple a homely place outside your home. The service is great, receptionists very friendly and welcoming.

Not overly impressed
    • Single Room with Shower

Some staff were just not great. Others like Jon, the evening manager were amazing. He actually was so professional and knows how to treat the guests. If I ever returned I would deal with him only. Also, I paid an additional 90 euro for an upgraded room which was so tiny and really a bit of a dump. The housekeeping was super loud and you can hear all noises outside the room.

The location is amazing and ideal for being centrally located.

Bitter/sweet
    • Twin Room with Bath

The negatives, impossible to put two twin beds in a room that should take a queen bed. there is almost no space between bed and wall, and forget about two people with two suitcases. There is no space for moving around the room. One feels super cramped.

I have been visiting the premises for a couple of years. The location is excellent, the staff friendly and family run, which is always a plus.

• Double Room with Bath

My booking was in this hotel but after arriving with a Taxi the staff told us our room was in the "other building" but actually it was in other Hotel and they took us walking like 3 corners with our luggage without helping and it was not what I booked so it was like a trap and we felt like in a wrong movie. Stay better away from here. Staff not even explain anything

The beds were very comfortable
    • Twin Room with Bath

We booked this hotel but were put in a room in another hotel that hasnt got the same reviews or price rate. The room was small, the bath too, almost impossible to take a shower or bath. The bathroom was not clean at all, neither was the room. Only two electric plug in and not near the bed or water heater so not practical to charge your phone or make a coffee...

The beds were very comfortable

Great Location in the Centre of Paris Close to Everything
    • Twin Room with Bath

Room was on the slightly smaller side but was comfortable for a mini City Break in Paris Lift was quite small would about fit 4 people with no luggage

Excellent location Very Close to the Metro Decor was lovely

Exellent location
    • Double Room with Bath

I booked the hotel because of the location and the parking that they offer. Unfortunately on arrival we were told that there is no car park space for us. Any way the receptionist helped us to find another one,which was 5 min away and more expensive. Room very small,wifi very poor.

Exellent location

This hotel was a very good surprise.
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

The room was a little bit small but I understand because the property is also small. But is good enough for two people.

This hotel was a very good surprise. Since the decoration, the cleanliness, the location and the pleasant staff. I would stay here again.

Location is very good!
    • Single Room with Shower

Wifi is free only for messaging. For more services you have to buy additional wifi to which I couldn't switch on my mobile phone because of security issues.

It's not very expensive for its location. It's very clean. There are many good restaurants and cafes around.

Nice stay, good hotel experience! Will come back soon!

We were allowed to check-out at 1pm but the reception and lady cleaner knocked on our door at 1220noon to surrender the key.

They speak our language, including our dialect, eg Tagalog!!!

Good value family accommodation in a fairly central location
    • Quadruple/Family Room

The shower didn't work. They didn't answer my emails before arriving. No gluten free breakfast option and expensive at €15 so didn't book it.

Its location. Nice family room. Had a bath.

A very nice boutique hotel in an excellent location.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

The family room was very small, but we were still happy with it because we expected a room in Paris to be small. The elevator is also very small, but also expected.

A very nice boutique hotel in an excellent location. Walking distance to tourist destinations and hop on hop off bus tours.

2 nights in Paris
    • Single Room with Shower

The cord for the kettle isn't long enough to reach the power socket, had to prop up the kettle with a drawer

Great little boutique hotel, cosy rooms but with fantastic furnishings. The location was very convenient, walking distance to Palais Garnier and the Louvre. There is also a train station 300m away. The staff really stood out. All were super friendly and I was always greeted with a big smile. While I didn't need to ask them anything I'm sure they would have the answer to all questions. I also got a free upgrade so can't go wrong with that 👍

Close to many many things.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Room was somewhat small but not much time spent in the room. Window was left open before check in and cigarette smoke smell came in. Neighbors in other building had a party and could hear the music.

Close to many many things.

The worst night of my life.
    • Single Room with Shower

I was traumatized. The place is a fire hazard. I could not get to my room on 5 th fl with 1 suitcase because there was no space to move.there were tables in the way and a very angry maid who reprimanded me. I checked in ,left for evening and came back to sleep. The entire night as people used water faucets/toilets the water pipes would make a loud chugging sound which pretty much kept me awake. The light in my room/cabin was dim and depressing. I didn't even have a safety lock from inside to my door. Anyone I felt could walk in with a common key. Needless to say, early next morning I was packed and ready to leave at any cost. I got a cab and checked out and moved to another hotel. I did not use 3 night's stay which is a lot of money. But I felt terribly unsafe.

Gorgeous little hotel Ascot D'Opera
    • Quadruple/Family Room

It would have even good to have proper tea/coffee cups instead of plastic ones but not a big deal.

Lovely little hotel in close proximity to the Opera Palais and Louvre. Lovely comfy beds. Our room was a tiny bit small but it was because it was for the whole family. Still very comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

Location was easily accessible by train/bus.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Bathroom wasn't functional due to a faulty shower head and staff was not accommodating or welcoming of complaint when advised. They told me to hold the shower head in my hand and shower. :O Also, for paying over $650 for two nights I felt that a breakfast should have been included. I was told I could add the breakfast "buffet" for 15Euro per person, but when I saw it consisted of just cereal and a hot pan of something I said no. The bar was manned by the front desk person and many people were told to wait at both reception/front desk and bar because of it. Lift was small and stairs were uneven/rickety.

Location was easily accessible by train/bus. A/C was wonderful. Beds were decent, but they crammed 2 twin beds and a double in a room that really should have been just a double bed.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Would stay at Ascot Opera Hotel again.

Room too small.

Room was small but very neat and very clean. Location was very good. Within walking distance to very good restaurants, sightseeing and great shopping

Great week in Paris!

The rooms were really really small. We had a family of three where my husband and I had two twins pushed together and a 3rd for my daughter. After luggage, there was barely enough room to get around. But considering the location, price and that they had AC, we made it work. Walking distance to most of Paris's attractions.

The staff was amazingly helpful. Very sweet and accommodating. Anything we asked for they helped us with immediately. I liked that there was always someone at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Room with Bath

It was my second time in this hotel. Everything was super, nice and clean room. It's quite noisy outside, especially Fridays and Saturdays but it does bother me. Staff was very helpful and nice. It is the best location, 10 min by walk to Louvre.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Unique hotel in excellent location.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

The room was large enough for a family of 4 adults and a lot of luggage - larger than a standard American room with 2 double beds. The beds were comfortable and all staff were very helpful and friendly.

good location, being easy to access to restaurants, opera...

good location, being easy to access to restaurants, opera and Lafayette shopping mall. reception is very nice and warm. Definitely, I will stay at this hotel next time when i am in Paris.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

A hotel for tiny dwarfs
    • Single Room with Shower

The rooms are extremely small, it's not possible to get out of the shower, you need to squeeze into the door, because the toilet doesn't allow to open it. The internet is awful, telephone was loosing the net all the time, it wasn't possible to communicate. The hotel is very old and shabby, the breakfast is awful and has a poor variety of food and is extremely expensive

The location is very good and that's it

Great value for money, great location
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Wifi was very slow, almost impossible to download anything.

the food at breakfast was great, especially the croissants The room and bathroom were new and very clean Staff was responsive, except the people serving breakfast

Staff friendly and multi lingual
    • Double Room with Bath

very small room. Advertised air-conditioning but whether it is on heat or cold is chosen by the hotel not the guest. If you want cooler and it is on heat you cannot change it in your own room. Window opens but street outside noisy.

Staff friendly and multi lingual

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Lovely hotel in a lovely city
    • Single Room with Shower

The wifi was a bit slow in the room, nothing major.

The room was new, clean and the bed absolutely amazing. The staff was very nice and helpful, always cheery. Would recommend Hotel Ascot Opera to everyone thinking of visiting Paris!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great location, friendly staff, clean but small room, poor breakfast
    • Single Room with Shower

The room was tiny and I expected more from the breakfast for 15 EUR!

The location is really good, the room was very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Comfortable , clean rooms, centrally located but not so friendly staff!
    • Quadruple/Family Room

I strongly feel hospitality is lacking at this place. The staff are not too keen on making the guests comfortable. No staff escorts the guests to the rooms , breakfast was not upto the mark . It showed 7 Euros but actually they charged 15 Euros / person , which was not upto the standards. The biggest drawback is with the not so helpful staff .

The best part about this property is its location. It was centrally located and very convenient to travel to various other tourist destinations.The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Good value, Excellent location - an effort on the night staff would be nice!
    • Twin Room with Bath

The night staff was not the friendliest. Last time we were upgraded so the room this time felt sort of small!

Excellent location, very central and nice neighborhood - Comfortable beds - The staff is variable, but the part that was helpful was amazing! I like being able to make minute eggs at breakfast with little soldiers

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Good value, Excellent location - will stay again
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

The breakfast is a bit basic, although I liked the minute egg making facility. The taxi calling facility was not so great and the person at reception had to call another one (which resulted in us being quite late)

The bed was very comfortable. We have been upgraded and the room was really spacious and comfy, quiet also. Location is superb, in the center of the financial district and nearby major shopping center. Staff was nice and helpful. Excellent restaurants around (try "Aux Lyonnais" or "Arty" or "Clementine")

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Clean, simple and convenient!
    • Single Room with Shower

1. Something wrong with the shower door so the water overflows after each shower, which is fine, but I just had to leave a towl on the flow right outside the shower to prevent the flood spreading over onto the carpet inside the room.

1. Cleanliness 2. Most of the staff were friendly and willing to help

Perfect central location
    • Double Room with Bath

Room is quite small but enough for 2 nights. Need to leave the key at the reception before leaving the building.

The location of the Hotel is perfect. Access to metro station very close and easy to walk everywhere. restaurant and bars close by and calm street. Perfect for a weekend in Paris!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Waiting see u guys soon

1.Extremely friendly employees and helpful instruction for Paris! 2.Really warmly greeting before we went to Paris via. mail! 3.Fantastic location,near by a historic cinema and downtown for Asians restaurants. Walking to museum Lurve 10 mins. 4.Waiting see u guys in China,LOL *I'm sorry we occupied the public area to package the luggage while we were check out even your kindly said nothing,still thanks a lot.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

I like to stay again but if I go there only 2 adults.

The room is really small for 3 adults. It was really difficult to move in the room.

Location is fantastic. Near to louvre museum, opera building and shopping area. Bed is comfy. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Exactly what we expected
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Our room was not ready to stay when we checked in.

Other than a problem at check-in, overall stay was very good and no complaint at all. Hotel staffs were very friendly and supported us well. The location is perfectly convenient.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Descent Room at Good Location

Parking difficult. Room Space rather small.

The location was great: center of city but off busy streets. Staff speaks English well. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The hotel was beautiful,spotles& spacious.
    • Single Room with Shower

The hotel was beautiful,spotles& spacious.Location was very convenient for the airport& Pari central. The staff were extremely friendly&helpful. The customer service was perfect.I loved my stay & will be back soon☺

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Typically Parisian

Room was very small for three of us, and very warm, even tho winter ,

Staff very friendly and helpful, location right in heart of Paris, waking distance to Louvre, Galleries Lafayette, on a quiet street. Beds very comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

I will stay here again.
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

Great location. Last time I came, the staff seemed dismissive and unhelpful. But on this trip, there were different staff, and they couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Very attentive, and communicative, which made our stay more enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Comfortable stay in the heart of Paris
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

Clean room, very clean bathroom. Hotel is very close to the heart of Paris. Everything is in walking distance from the hotel. Private car park for 25EUR/day is a bonus. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

great for business but watch out for the thin room doors if you're a light sleeper..
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

the doors of the rooms are definitely a big no-no, too thin and don't block any kind of sound form outside. Rest assured you know what's happening outside in the corridor. Rooms are quite small but it's normal in Paris.

great location, plenty of shop and bistro/bars around

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The hotel was very cute and was within walking distance of...
    • Single Room with Shower

They offered Wi-Fi, but it wouldn't work on my phone, so that was disappointing. The breakfast that they offered wasn't impressive, but there were plenty of restaurants nearby, so it wasn't a problem.

The hotel was very cute and was within walking distance of the Louvre museum. There were plenty of restaurants and shops in the immediate area. When I arrived, I told the hotel manager that the airline had lost my luggage. He was kind enough to get me into my room early and upgraded me to a double. Everone was very helpful, especially Ian. The hotel is a small boutique hotel. My room was small, but probably typical for hotels in Paris. It did have a wonderful soaking tub. I don't know if the cost was high compared to

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Would definitely come again.
    • Single Superior or Double Room with Shower

Very good location, Louvre, Tuileries, Seine is just a short walk, metro lines and restaurants are close. The room is small, but nice and bright, well and stylish equipped, ideal for 1 person or for a couple, staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Great stay in great location
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Tiny elevator that couldn't fit our family. I used the stairs the whole stay.

Close proximity to attractions; walking distance to the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Seine River, Place de la Concorde, Place Vendome, restaurants, etc.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Service is the key

Our room was incomplete the first day. We booked a triple room but we lack a towels and shower essentials. Our coffee tray was also empty the first day. They don't have complimentary water so bring your own.

The place is near the Louvre and Opera house. Crossfit Louve is also located nearby. For some sightseeing, the hop on hop of bus stop is 5 mins walk only. Convenient also for the Roissy bus that will take you to the airport. Japanese grocery and restos surround this place. There's a good crepe shop and a bakery nearby.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

We had to book a hotel.

The fact that you can't rent a place knowing there is no way to get through. We were a family of five and had been traveling for 3 weeks and had about 2 suitcases each. How in the world could you carry all that? What about health issues? My daughter is asthmatic.

There was constructiono going on. Totally unaccessable. Rude attitude when explained and asked owner to refund our money.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

VALUE FOR MONEY
    • Quadruple/Family Room

THE FAMILY ROOM WAS PERFECT FOR US WE HAD 2 KIDS ONE BABY AND 2 ADULTS AND THE QUADRUPLE ROOM ACCOMODATED US COMFORTABLY .. THE STAFF ARE VERY HELPFUL AND THEIR IS A VERY GOOD ITALIEN RESTAURANT FACING TH PROPERTY WHICH WAS VERY CONVENIENT FOR US WHEN WE DIDNT WANT TO GO OUT

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Room was beautiful and comfortable even with 4 persons.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Room was beautiful and comfortable even with 4 persons. Location is excellent, nearby metro, Lafayette, nice restaurants (Italian opposite the hotel was great)

Tiny single

The room was small but we managed. The staff was pleasant and helpful.
    • Quadruple/Family Room

I couldn't blame the hotel but there was a lot of construction in the area.

Very good surprise in prime location
    • Quadruple/Family Room

Nothing we didn’t like really.

We had a quadruple room. It was nicely decorated, clean and spacious. Beds are very comfortable.

Good location and nice staff.

Good location and nice staff.

We got perfect service and help both the night we stayed...
    • Quadruple/Family Room

We got perfect service and help both the night we stayed there and after we checked out.

The staff was excellent.

The room was quite small.

The staff was excellent. Very friendly and helpful.

Browse Hotel Ascot Opera traveller photo gallery