Reviews of Apart Hotel Riviera - Old Town / Promenade des Anglais

Different Addresses in Old Town / Promenade des Anglais, please check your email confirmation, 06300 Nice, France

#270 of 614 Holiday rentals in Nice

Not ideal for elderly people
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

I specifically asked for an apartment not on a hill as I had two 80 year olds with me. Our apartment was on a very steep inclined street which meant it was v hard for us to get up and down. It was so steep it had hand rails to help get up the many steps on the street. I had emailed the apartment owner when I got the address and questioned the location only to be quite strongly told I must be looking at the wrong address in capital letters. Disgraceful. On arrival there was no light bulbs in any lights. The door handles in bedrooms came off in our hands and we got stuck in the room for quiet some time. Tv not working. I must say these problems were fixed the very next day. Fridge needs updating. No where to stand bottles up. Shelves broken off. Filthy mould on grouting in shower. Not one of the 45 pictures on their website is representative of where we're were put. For the price we expected better standard of quality as shown in their glossy pictures.

The apartment was very central and secure. Area nice and quiet at night.

Great Location, but the worst real estate management you can ever deal with.
    • Superior Apartment

The real estate office who runs the flat, are very unprofessional and rude, and not giving attention to our complain. We found one the A/C in a room not working. they promised to fix it in the same day or next day. we stayed 3 nights, and no body had knocked our door to fix it. and the temp in Nice was 35C . our kids had hard time with the heat. I would stay in this property but not with company. and the photo of the property in Booking, has no relation to the flat we rented,

location was great in the heart of the old city of Nice.. Amazing place.

The location was great, close to the beach and lots of...
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

Lousy apartment in regards to basic amenities. No air conditioning, door handles falling off, and not very clean. Noise was also an issue, but I suppose this should have been expected with the vibrant bar scene around the location, along with the church a 1/2 block away (church bells start at 7:00 am).

The location was great, close to the beach and lots of restaurants and cafes all around

Wouldn't recommend to anyone. There are a lot of things that management must improve.
    • Apartment Four Bedrooms Superior Duplex with Terrace

There is a whole bunch of things that were not even close to what we were expecting to see. 1. All pictures that you see on site are either photo-shopped or made with some fancy camera and lighting equipment that makes it look like the property is a 4 star one. In reality the rooms are very small, some of them have nothing but the bed , wardrobe and chairs are missing. AC on the second floor is only in the hall, rooms are not air conditioned unless you leave the doors wide open, which completely removes the privacy that you might want when you live next to another couple. Both bathrooms have lots of issues, the shower drain is clogged and you can only take a 3-4 minutes shower, otherwise the water starts pouring out. The floor in the rooms is tilted and when you open the only wardrobe that there is on the second floor, you do feel like it is going to fall on top of you if you don't hold it. The mattresses are smaller than the beds, the gaps are filled by some self made wooden plates, if you sit on the bed, the mattress falls underneath you and you have to stand and pick it up and then lay down gently and balanced. Throughout our entire stay the internet didn't work. It only worked for about 20 minutes while we were checking in. The host provided us with the password, it connected. as soon as he left the apartment it went off and never worked again. We did inform them about the issue but no changes were done. We received no apologies and no refunds either. 2. We spent about an hour and a half searching for the property given that the address provided in the confirmation email was "promenade des anglais", which is huge and good luck finding the property. Thanks to random strangers that we finally did find it. After being late because of the lack of directions we also paid 20 euro fee for being late, which is absurd as well.

The only real upside is that the property is relatively close to the beach.

location is good, air conditioner is loud and the deposit is problematic.

The stuff locked 500 Euros in my bankcard as deposit when I checked in and said that this money would be unlocked no more than 5 hours after my check out. But that's not true. They never unlock my deposit and at the end the bank helped me unlock the money after half a month. During this period of time, I tried to contact them both by phone and by email, nobody answered me. Very bad experience!

location is very good and the living room and kitchen are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

• Studio Confort

Soiled mattress cover noticed when staff came to change linen!!! We had already been sleeping on it!! Rectified immediately though External door to the property .was a bit problematic and didn't always open first time

Location was ideal.
    • Studio Confort

The apartment had no chairs, only two bar stools were provided. Should stock at least an extra toilet tissue roll

Location was ideal. A quick walk to the promenade or restaurants and shopping.

Good apartment with a few minuses
    • Superior Apartment

Check-in delay. We had to wait infront of the apartment for about an hour for check-in. We had children with us, so it was terrible. Additionally, since it is in old town, we had to keep our car in a narrow street nearby for a long time.

Location and air-condition in every room.

Fussy payment process. Lost the trust on Bookong.com
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

The payment process is fussy. First you pay something, not all, when making the reservation and you learn it when you find the office and staff. Then you pay the rest by cash. THEN you will sign a document, which stipulates Eur 500 guarantee deposit, which will be deducted from your credit card. The money supposed to be re-embursed the day after the departure. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN, even we followed all instructions given and cleaned the apartment as agreed. Now over 3 weeks gone, but no money returned! No trust any more. Maybe need get legal advisor engaged. Location is difficult for a traveler by car and with a family. Parking possibilities 12 min away. That was not seen in the wb site.

The location in the old city center.

Very central and spacious
    • Superior Apartment

We booked for six and given two apartments next to each other. Ok for us but not mentioned so if you had kids you couldn’t leave them in one apartment alone. Surprised at being told to mop the floors before we left as part of our arrival chat! The shower in the smaller apartment was blocked and the tray filled before shower could be finished. Dirty water was backing up and not pleasant. I reported it but still haven’t heard back (a week later). Air con is portable so you can’t close windows as pipes put through the window. It’s a lovely old building. 80 steps up which might not suit all. Nice welcome packs with Sweets coffee tea etc.

Very central and spacious

satisfied
    • Superior Apartment

to much stairs to 2nd floor apartment - without a lift but it is not a big problem. The table lamps (or bulbs) in bedroom don´t work, water in a bathroom run really slowly.

I had a apartment for 6 people. It is clean, big, well suited . The staff is kind and help with all. The place is very near the market, bakery, cheap pizza, everything you need and you want to go. Lovely, cheap and best locality.

Two days
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

Staff wasn’t good enough and unprofessional.check in time 1 pm to 6 pm.we arrived at 2.34 pm .we got apartment after 7pm. We have plan to visit Cannes that day. We have to cut off our plans.Apartment pictures wasn’t same that they offered us which one on display website.very old and dumb.on the policy, they received 30% money before 10 am .Around 4.30 pm I denied to sign papers until I got my apartment.They lady, name-Chris .She was threated me to call police. I was very wondering how could they behave as like.

Location is near by tram.

If only staff communicated better
    • Superior Apartment

Staff not communicating very well and giving wrong information, however they managed to provide an alternative location to accommodate our request.

Good location, clean and sizable.

We left after night one of our four night stay and booked ourself into the Mercure on the seafront.
    • Comfort One-Bedroom Apartment

No proper air conditioning. Shower tray flooded after one minute. Very noisy (above a bar) which is made worse when you’re not able to shut the windows. Apartment smelt of sewage...which letting agent was apparently well aware of.

Very little!

Disappointed with the place, but location ok and Nice is a great place.
    • Comfort One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked a one bedroom and paid for a one bedroom. This was in fact a studio with a mezzannine in a building that is being renovated. I am really very dismayed here as I did not get what I paid for.

Location was central.

Great Stay in the beautiful Heart of Nice!
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

We travelled as two young couples and actually used this handsome flat only two relax in the evening and to sleep during our two-night-stay. During daytime we were travelling through Nice a lot. Still, the flat was very clean and it had everything a good flat for a city trip needs. We would definitley come to gorgeous Nice as well as we would book this flat again, for sure!

Incredible location and service.
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

If you don’t like steps and staying just like you lived in the city then don’t stay in old town. They have many option depending what area in Nice

We loved the location. Heart of old town, easy access to ALL amenities (beach,restaurants,shopping, sight seeing). We wished we booked longer since we only had 1 night. Kitchen/washing machine ect are a real plus if your stay in longer or for a w-end. Efficient staff and great communication. Just call them and they will take care of you.

It was terrible experience because this is not a good place to sleep only one night!
    • Studio Confort

The photos in the website are not real and the studio is very bad. I paid in advance and would like to cancell but they didn't accepted. I lost a lot of money with these bad entrepenour. Be careful with these persons.

Tudo é horrível em referido studio All things are terrible in that studio. I didn't reccomend it!

Defraud consumers and terrible sanitation status
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment is in good conditions, cleaned, in good order without any damages but the deposit is not automatically released.I have waited and check-out for 17 days until now.I called and sent messages to the householder but did not receive any reply!! I try to contact him several times to solve this problem.Now i am losing my patience,i report Apart Hotel Riviera - Old Townh to default pre-authorization deposit maliciously caused me can not use my credit card for a long time.Also,this apartment has terrible sanitation status that bedding was used many times by others and did not chang!! I have photos evidences.This is irresponsibility and discrimination against our customers. 这家公寓极差!!

Good stay overall but wouldn't choose this accommodation again.
    • Superior One-Bedroom Apartment

Should have had a sofa bed in addition to double bed due to recent surgery, access to only bed via steep stairs. 40 euro charge for late check in is very expensive. Not very comfortable.

Excellent location and very quiet.

Location, location, location
    • Comfort One-Bedroom Apartment

Shower went cold after 1 shower. But the staff apologised and said she'd have it fixed immediately.

Location was fantastic. Right beside the market. Fresh fruit/veg cheeses and bread

• Superior Studio

Bed was not comfortable and main door would not shut properly so anybody off the street could potentially walk in. Also 300 extra euro is held as a deposit which is not stated in the ad.

Nice offers the best restaurants, shops, galleries and museums for a short or long stay holiday.
    • Studio Confort

Apartment access was up to flights of stairs carrying heavy cases.

The location was excellent. Apartment had excellent facilities but it was a little dark due to the surrounding high rise buildings. We also missed an easy chair to sit on, otherwise we had a lovely holiday, and would recommend to friends and family.

Great central location if you were going to spend little time in the apartment it would be fine.
    • Superior One-Bedroom Apartment

Could have been cleaner, shower drain blocked, dangerous low head room on mezzanine bed platform and stairs would be dodgy for older (or drunk) people in the middle of the night. Some English channels would have been nice on TV (Maybe Sky or similar). Very spartan, in fact quite austere. A few pictures would help.

Location was good, great part of town. Relatively quiet for a busy area, breakfast close by. You can leave cases with agent's offices if you have a later flight home or arrive early

Well positioned for exploring the Old Town.
    • Comfort One-Bedroom Apartment

To avoid a E54 cleaning fee you need to clean the apartment and leave it in the same condition as you came into it. The only problem with this is there was very little cleaning stuff and no cloths to wipe down benches, clean toilets and sink. I would also recommend the owner to install some towel rack as there is nothing to put your towels onto. Also some directions on how to set up the clothes rack.... I gave up.

Very compact apartment, clean and nicely renovated bathroom. Well located and it has air conditioning which is good. I would be happy to stay there again.

Only the location of the flat

I rang from the airport to say we were getting on the bus to the flat. Once outside the flat I rang again but there was no answer - we stood in the street for over 2 hours waiting for somebody to come and let us in. The view from the flat window was disgraceful. The furniture was all very utilitarian and not suited for sitting very long. There was a VERY low beam on the bedroom ceiling which should have come with a hazard warning because it really was dangerous which made moving around the bedroom area very difficult

Only the location of the flat

Location was great. Apartment wasn't as expected - hidden fees have left sour taste.
    • Studio Confort

Hidden fees and charges NOT mentioned during booking of apartment. Kitchen was not 'fully functional'. A cutting board, sharp knife and more than 2 forks would have helped. Also, the apartment building was under construction/renovations during our entire stay.

• Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

4th floor, lots of steps, not what website showed in the way of pictures until after deposit, then actual pics were sent, which were not as nice as advertised.

Good value for money
    • Comfort One-Bedroom Apartment

The hot water "disappeared" quickly. Let people know how does this work and then it is no problem. (The water warms opp very soon, you just to cooperate with the other(s) "who is taking a shower when" :-))

The apartman was just as described. The bedroom is silent, it is possible to sleep well. Very good location.

A fantastic little apartment in a great location!
    • Studio Confort

Although it was a no smoking apartment there was a definite smoke smell when we arrived. The bed was more of a 'put up' do not that comfortable.

The location was just what we wanted, right in the middle of the old town and short walk from te promenade. The apartment was well equipped too.

You will love it !
    • Superior One-Bedroom Apartment

Location excellent, facilities in kitchen were good and the bed comfortable. Loved the fact that there was a small balcony for drying the washing. Everything was clean and well presented. Having a large refrigerator and a washing machine were great bonuses. Beach and promenade at your front door. This apartment was was the perfect base for our holiday in Nice.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

The apartments were big and nice, with great location.
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

Highly unresponsive stuff. We had a late arrival. When our plane landed I received a phone call from one of the stuff members. I couldn't answer it at the moment so I gave a callback after literally two minutes and nobody answered. They didn't answer the phone until the next day! So we had to find ourselves place to stay overnight.

The apartments were big and nice, with great location. This were one of the best apartments I've ever stayed

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Location was brilliant, despite the steps up to apartment!
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

We noticed from apartment notes/instructions etc that we had to take our bins away etc but it was very unclear where to leave them! Didn't want to leave them on the lovely narrow streets of Nice! Eventually managed to find a place! Would have been useful to have a notice as to where to leave them!

Location was brilliant, despite the steps up to apartment! Everything we needed, was met at apartment at 2145hrs, thank you

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

We enjoyed our four night stay.
    • Studio Confort

The entrance hallway and stairs need improvement. The Windows in the apartment are small. The seating arrangement is uncomfortable.

The location in the old town is excellent. The apartment has been rejuvenated to a high standard. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom is well appointed.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Small apartment, nice kitchen
    • Superior Studio

Living room and bedroom areas very small. No bin bags, toilet roll or dishwasher powder provided. Property was described as an apart hotel, but no hotel services provided and they charge 50euros extra to clean the room after your stay. Apartment on 3rd floor,there was no lift.

Great location. Very well equipped kitchen.

Need to improve cleaning
    • Apartment One Bedroom Superior Balcony or Terrace

Bed sheets were dirty, apartment was not in the clean condition you'd expect for new guests

Location is excellent

Do to the manager spoiled our stay in a beautiful city.
    • Comfort One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff most un trustworthy, the room smells.

Newly renovated
    • Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment with Balcony or Terrace

Noisy location always cooking smell from nearby restaurants

Newly renovated

Great location and spacious apartment.
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

It’s quite difficult to park im the area and the parking is expensive, we paid 30 euros for a night.

Great location and spacious apartment.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Big rooms, air conditioning, clean comfy beds.
    • Superior Apartment

Bit shabby units and crockery.

Big rooms, air conditioning, clean comfy beds. Great location.

Convenient location

Terrible exposure from Windows Ceiling height in duplex

Convenient location

Fabulous
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

Everything was amazing , the best place to stay in Nice.

Perfect location
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

The wifi cut out in the evening

The location and place itself was perfect!

Look and amenities of the property was not in line with what was promised in the website.

The room heater was not working.Bathroom was dirty.Washing machine was not there as promised in one of the room.

Good for a weekend getaway
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchen utensils had seen better days, no wine glasses

Location and spacious living room

The Apart Hotel is only an agency (as well?) and they put you in places they sublet.

Attitude of managet

Perfect location in Old Town
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

The location is in the center of old town Nice.

Perfect location. Beautiful Nice.
    • Comfort Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very squeaky bed. Affected sleep although bed was very comfortable.

Location was perfect.

A nice experience

Deposit method

Comfortable and clean, suitable price

it was disaster, not recommended in summer
    • Superior Studio

it's on forth floor without lift and no aircondition.

Très bien 👏🏼
    • Studio Confort

Great location in the old town. Very safe.

i will not choose this apartment again

contract makes me confused because the price are different as what i booked in booking. unclear extra cost and no receipt.

No air conditioner

Great location. Large apartment. Close to amenities.

fantastic

Entrance and stairwell

Excellent air conditioning

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Very expansive parking

Very expansive parking

Relaxing
    • Superior Studio

DON'T HAVE PARKING FREE!!!

The apartament pozition its very good!2 minute of the see.

Ideal location
    • Superior Studio

Apartment was very clean and percect location. Restaurants, bars and shopping very close by.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

excellent location,clean & functional
    • Superior Studio

Our flight was 30 mins late leaving Dublin so we got charged €60 for a late check in.

Location.the appt was clean and well equipped.

There are also 23 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.