Reviews of Auberge de la Petite Reine 3 stars

Route de Belvès, 24170 Siorac-en-Périgord, France

#4 of 5 hotels in Siorac-en-Périgord

Comfortable enough for the price although need to sort out heat of room in summer

Food: Vegetarian main course quite unpleasant - lasagne which is fine for the price but it was sweet tasting Restaurant service however was slow. Room: really hot - weather was hot but the room was really hot. Fan provided on request but the heat in the building hit you as you came in from outside. To be fair this was only the rooms above the main reception I can't say the same applied to all rooms int he buildings around the site. Parking: limited could be more

Simple but welcoming. Daughter enjoyed pool Food: Vegetarian menu offered (only 1 fixed menu but starter and sweet lovely) Room: Spacious , simple

Not coming back at all

-the photos of the rooms and bathrooms are not exactly what you will get. They might have some new bedrooms but we were given a room that seems to be the old rooms. -no AC -the "hotel" is a camping disguised as hotel -very noisy. You can hear the cars passing by the road. You can hear each others' doors banging. You can also hear the toilet flush. -we did not have wifi in the room and we just got a shoulder shrug when we told them the internet won't work. -mouldy shower -badly design shower. Water goes everywhere and there's no evacuation so your bathroom will surely smell damp. It's also dangerous for elderly -the rooms are too expensive for what you will get

-swimming pool -somehow comfortably bed -very good towels -nice garden If you are up for a camping/trailer truck feel holiday, this is perhaps a good palce for you.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Disrespectful manager and some staff, small rooms and rude maids
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

1. The actual room is very small and hard to move around in, and I was alone. I couldn't imagine sharing the room with someone. 2. I put the privacy sign on my door and the maids ignored it. Once while I was in the room changing, they just unlocked the door and came in. I had to yell and they left. I kept the sign on the door when I went out for the day, as I did not need any cleaning up and I prefer privacy. But when I came back to the hotel that evening, the sign was removed from the door and they had gone into my room. 3. The manager and one of the female front desk staff members were extremely rude and condescending with me when I asked them why my privacy request was not honored. They laughed at me, spoke about me in french while laughing as I don't understand french. Then told me that I'm the only person to get upset about this issue. After 10 mins of them laughing at me and ignoring me to speak to one another I just walked away and went back to my room. 4. The phone in my room did not work. It had a dial tone but even if you called the emergency number, nothing happened. So if I needed to get help quickly, I would not have been able to. 5. The town of Belves is much further away than the hotel website leads you to believe. 6. You hear everything that is happening in the halls, when you are in your room. It's especially bad when the maids clean each room and they SLAM the doors shut when they are done. It happened both days, twice a day. First time was really early when people who had departed and checked out left (so about 8a) then again a bit after 11a when the rest of the customer's check out.

Ground were pretty and the pool looked nice. Bathrooms were quite modern.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

Staff were v helpful - all spoke some English

Would have liked light meals at lunchtime - or bar snacks

Staff were v helpful - all spoke some English

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.