Reviews of Gabriel 3 stars

32, Boulevard des Freres Voisin, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux, France

#15 of 19 hotels in Issy-les-Moulineaux

Room smelled like cigarettes the bedding had holes in them...

Room smelled like cigarettes the bedding had holes in them towels smelled awful and one was stained. Staff was rude only lasted one night there. Do not recommend!

We enjoyed our 9 nights long staying in this hotel. It has a good price compared to its value.

If something than it's the size of the room, it is quite small. And the smell of the AC unit. But none of them was that disturbing to report to the hotel.

Nice, kind and helpful reception. Clean rooms with comfortable beds. Good location: metro #12 is in 5 minutes walk, the train towards the city or Versailles is in 10 minutes walk. Peaceful neighborhood with shops and restaurants, breakfast places.

Best location to connect with central Paris

Very limmited space in room, especially bathroom (the shower didnt have the door and water was coming out of it).

Hotel Gabriel has an exellent location, in case you prefer quiet neighbourhood for cheap prise, it was very safe and well conected to the central Paris. You can take Metro line 12 and this line directly goes or well connects you to the main attractions in the city.

good for a weekend which is what we did

price. and a kettle in the room. maybe TV channels in other languages.

the staff were very friendly and helpful. was a bit disappointed with the room as it was not quite as nice looking as the photo's. no kettle in the room so no chance of a coffee before breakfast. when we got to our room there was a dirty spoon and glass in the room I took this down to reception and the lady was apologetic about this. it was a fairly good location just a 5 min walk to the metro. then 15min ride in to town centre. there are a few bars and restaurants near by. breakfast was nice for a continental plus they have scrambled egg and sausages too. bath room was quite small. if you are looking for a short stay I would say sufficient.

Staff was very helpful.

The bed was squeaking horribly in every movement. They must definitely fix it.

Staff was very helpful. Room was clean on the first day and every day when I arrived to room. Breakfast was wonderful. Location is very good, the nearby hotel there are bus and metro station.

The room was clean and cozy.

The room was clean and cozy. The staff was very kind and pleasant. We can stay our baggage at the reception after leaving the room. Firstly we had very small room, but we changed it without any problems There are 2 shops and 3 cafes near the hotel and 3 cafes. Thank you Gabriel hotel! There was our pleasure to stay. :)

You could reach the metro station in 10min by walking.

Hotel has no parking space, no fridge, no safe, and the walls are thin. So when you would wake up late and the next room sets alarm clock to wake up, the alarm wakes up you too!

You could reach the metro station in 10min by walking. The rooms based on the money I have paid was fine (30% discount). Staff are really nice and helpful.

Quite handy with the metro, but not comfortable: maybe after the ongoing renovations.

Contruction works made things more difficult, but beyond this, too warm in room, with no control of temperature and noisy road below when opening the window. Carpet in room quite dirty.

Bathroom.

Awful

Arrived as winter freeze started - window left open and heater not working. Bled the radiator myself and it was a bit better. Each night around 2230 had the impression that heater stopped. On arrival shower mat and one towel on floor had not been changed. Last persons shampoo and body gel still on side of bath

Pillows were good and bathroom quite nice

Simple, good value

Dusty carpet, redecorating 2nd floor and checked us in a room on 2nd smelling terpentine/Paint, didn't accept requested other room.

Convenient location, simple but comfortable room.

N review

The cleaning staff was disturbing, it was high priced for no food and no rules

Nothing but the staff was helpful and the location was accessible to most places

No tv no internet no water boiler for room coffe. Staff unfriendly tried to cheat me on taxi fare, e

TV not working. Wifi not working. No water boiler in the room for coffee or tea. Small room. Staff tried to cheat me on taxi fares. Not friendly.

Location if you need to be in SW Paris for business. Not far from Orly Airport. Very far from other Paris airports.

The hotel is very close to a metro station (line 12) and it...

Corridors are a little darker then expected and in the bathroom the shower is open - with the result that I wet all the bathroom floor and I had to use all my towels for drying it. Plus, the price is quite high - they should include also breakfast.

The hotel is very close to a metro station (line 12) and it is in a nice neighborhood with few restaurants and bars. Despite it is not in the city centre, it is in a good position if you have to visit Paris. My room was small but nice and bathroom was very clean. The staff was polite.

The place was more than what my wife and I had expected. We’ll definitely be coming back.

Other than the Les Colonnes, there are no other goodrestaurants near the hotel.

We love how the night staff helped us out with our transportation to the airport early in the morning.

Very happy with our stay. Brilliant value for money. Lovely staff, very clean and close to the metro

The room was a tad small. It wasn’t a bad size, just a little small for 2 of us. But to be fair it did the job we needed!

The staff were wonderful, so friendly and polite. The hotel was really clean, can’t fault the cleanliness at all! The bathroom was lovely, so modern and clean, and there were plenty of fluffy towels. The bed and pillows were super comfy as well, which is unusual for hotels, so I was very impressed :)! Also the hotel was only a 5 minute walk from the metro which was very ideal!

The room was tiny - just about able to navigate around the...

The room was tiny - just about able to navigate around the bed. The bathroom door didn't shut properly. The room was very hot , I didn't want AC on all night and too noisy outside to have window open. There was no privacy in the room - i was kept awake by noise of TV and people in adjoining rooms for most of the night.

Will NOT recommend at all, worst hotel of al time at price of 125€

Worst hotel of all times. No water to drink in the hotel, I would have starved of thirst if I had no water of my own. Rooms are very small Breakfast very poor with very limited options, no fruits No one told me about Wifi password and it looks like the reception forgot to give me password so I was on my personal internet

Nothing good at this hotel, was a mistake to book it.

Simple, small and basic

Can hear the TV and muffled conversation from an adjoining room.

A solid basic hotel - short walk to metro - helpful reception staff - room is small and clean, essential needs for us are met. Windows provide excellent insulation from street noise.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great transport links.

Traffic noise as we live in a quiet cul-de-sac at home.

Fabulous location. Buses, metro, supermarket, bars and shops on your doorstep. Eiffel Tour view from window.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

good hotel

The breakfast was not that good, and the man who is in-charge of the breakfast has a bad attitude. 3 days of my stay we had only bread for the breakfast as nothing at all was offered to us. I made a complaint in the the third time (the recipient was so understandable and offered me a refund of the breakfast charges of 3 days)

Although the room was very small, but I was lucky enough to be in room 66 where I can see Eiffel Tower from the widow of my room. The metro is close (5 minutes). The recipients were nice especially Mr. Nabial, he was very supportive and so friendly. the price was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Worst frontdesk support and terrible hotel. Wrong room given and false information provided

One of the frontdesk lady (the youngest among all the frontdesk officers I've send during my stay) - is one of the worst frontdesk officer in the world. We were on honeymoon trip to Paris and booked 1 full bed (queen size) from the website but was given two twin beds combines as one. When I complained to frontdesk lady (the young one) that I didnt book this room and wanted single-full-bed, her response was " In France, there is no queen size bed, it's either twin bed or 2 twin beds combined as one" .. I was like surprised, was having some minor argument with her and left disappointed and almost believed her until the next morning I saw the room next to mine was being cleaned and guess what, the room had one single-full-bed. Why such lies from Gabriel staff? You could have told me the truth. And she was less helpful as well, whenever you call her or seek her help - she will try to cut you off quickly even before letting you finish with what you are seeking, and will continue to look at her monitor or mobile phone without even bothering you are standing there. And secondly, I made a special request to Gabriel management during booking to provide me with UK-to-France adaptor and if they dont have one, I asked them to reply so that I will buy from my country. No response received except 'ok' but there was no adaptor once I reach the hotel. Something that I could have bought cheaper in my country, I had to workout extra 60 (in my currency) to buy one. It was merely 15 in my country. Some of frontdesk officers were okay except that young lady. There is more to complain about this hotel, but I am running out of time for the moment (will edit later on if I am allowed). Overall experience with this hotel was bad for their unfriendly staff, room rate and their facilities - worse of all, spoiling my honeymoon with the bed that they provide instead of the one I booked.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Everyday rooms was cleaned.

Reception was renovated during this period and was a strong smell of paint, very disturbing especially at breakfast.

Everyday rooms was cleaned. For us was a verry good location.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

I will not repeat it

toilets small, rooms narrow, heating poor, breakfast poor, passageways narrow, WiFi keeps interrupting, no drinking water in the rooms, no enough towels in the room

The distance to my workplace not far (just 800-900 meters walk). Staff is welcoming and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

This hotel is fine if you are staying couple of nights and spend most of the time out in city

The breakfast is nothing to write about. Also in the booking it was mentioned there is mini bar but it wasnt available in my room. The bathroom design was also inconvenient. The place seems like a hostel trying to grow up to a hotel.

The staff is always cheerful and helpful. Also right outside the hotel door is bus stop and at 5 mins walk is metro station. On one side of the hotel are couple of eateries while on the other you have a carrefore

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL NO NO NO BEWARE the pics are not as the actual hotel

The dirty rooms, cold and unwelcoming corridors and worst of all the woman at the reception complained three times until finally someone came up and gave us a portable heater for night it was freezing temps late dec

Nothing it was horrible the lights in the corridors didn't work reception staff was racist and unhelpful..!!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Good location, helpful staff, small but clean hotel.

Paid expensive Wifi (Meteor network) that I needed to do some works. Rooms are small, was tricky to put our big luggages, and small desk for working. Was tricky to find our rooms (51 and 52) which are tucked behind the exit door across emergency stairs. Although an extra external door that we can lock, makes our two rooms become "private suite".

The front desk staffs were helpful, location was perfect, just 50m from the workplace (rue Guynemer office block), just 10m across the street there are mini markets (Carrefour express, fanprix). Walking distance to nearest metro station line 12 (Corentin Celton or Issy Les Moulineaux). Room heaters and hot water shower are good. Rooms are quite clean.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Disapointing - Rooms are mostly not remodeled

Dirty carpets, old tired furniture, tiny rooms... Where is the "boutique hotel" and the "remodeled rooms"? Switched rooms two times - once because the room smelled of cigarettes and was dirty, and the other because the bathroom sewage pipes smelled and because the room was again dirty. Once upgraded the room was much larger and more modern. I witnessed plenty of others requesting to have their rooms changed for similar reasons. Please finish your remodel before claiming it has been done! Apparently recent new ownership - insist on getting a clean room, they do have a few. As far as the housekeeping crew goes, I'm far from impressed.

Staff was friendly and competent.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

A cozy and cheap stay near Paris expo.

It was hard to find our room. Hidden behind three sets of doors, without clear directions how to get there.

The staff was very nice and used fluent English making it easy to communicate. The room, although small, was cozy and warm (which is not a standard in France).

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Amazing bed, No noise at all from outside & good breakfast for the price. Totally worth it 100%.

maybe the decoration wasn't the best but still really good.

The most silent room EVER!!! you can't heard the noise from the street, literally nothing and no noise of any neighbors, we just loved that SO MUCH... good continental breakfast and variaty (eggs and sausage, crepes, etc)... And the bed was just amazing!!! We are planning to come back often. The quality is better for the low price they offer, of course it's not 5 stars hotel but we expecting at the beginning when we booked something more crap or low BUT we were nicely surprised. Nice people too.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

location good, fair accommodations.

in the smoking room, it smelled. i had to open the window. although the bed was clean as was the bathroom, i would not walk on the carpet without shoes on. the pillows were not comfortable at all and i had a stiff neck all week.

I had two rooms. I asked to be changed from a smoking to a non-smoking room. in the smoking room, the bathroom was brand new and very clean for the most part. the beds were clean and comfortable enough. the non-smoking room was a decent size and the bathroom was clean, although not as new as the first room. The staff was helpful.

Very professionnal staff

Small rooms and bathrooms

Very professionnal staff

Very Cosy

Everything was easy to do, room was comfortable.

very nice

nice Staff

Near to the station, staff were friendly, facilities are simple but I definitely recommend this hote

There was no tea/coffee facilities,

Near to the station, Staff were friendly, Room were clean.

Lovely place

Helpful staff, comfortable beds, very clean! Also great location for the price. Absolutely loved our stay there!

The room was very very small, very bad and uncomfortable.

The room was very very small, very bad and uncomfortable.

The location is convenient .

Internet is not reliable Some smells coming from some room water pipes in the bathroom

The location is convenient . Price is fine.

Breakfast ruined everything

Garbage breakfast for 12 euro is a joke

Smell from the pipe in the bathroom

Smell from the pipe in the bathroom

Very clise to transportation.

Too small room. Unqualiffied employees.

The bed was excellent. Firm matress.

Pleasant, modern furnishings, comfortable bed

Street somewhat noisy

Pleasant, modern furnishings, comfortable bed

Room was quiet dirty and smelling cigarettes

Good

Good

It was good & comfy.

Cleaning staff should learn to speak english.The rooms are too small, they can fit one person.

Transport & restaurants are close by.

fair price (72€ one night), guy at the reception was not very motivated

there are construction works at the hotel

Good value for money.

Bathroom size - location of toilet seat - too close to shower.

Staff were very nice and useful :)

Reasonably close to the expo venue I was visiting.

Very small room cramped

Reasonably close to the expo venue I was visiting.

Perfect location for Fair

Perfect location for Fair

Staff were friendly and room was small but comfortable.

Elevators were out of order and had to use stairs with bags.

Staff were friendly and room was small but comfortable.

Bad experience

Rude staff and cramped bathroom with awkward potty position

nothing specific

Clean, nice personel

Cold, I had to use the air conditioning for heat; breakfast was almost identical each day

Clean, nice personel

Nice and quite place to stay and only a €8 uber trip into the city centre

The breakfast didn't have much of a choice

The staff where amazing and polite

The room was small.

The room was small.

the toilet is small somehow

the toilet is small somehow

Worst hotel ever!

Worst property ever

Old and small room yet clean

Weather was 30+ AC was not cold enough, rooms are tight

Clean, close to metro, comparatively cheap, nice balcony view in larger rooms

Everything except the location

The location is outside the central paris

Everything except the location

The Location!

No Restaurant

The Location!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Attitude of staff.

Attitude of staff. There was no aircon controller. It was boiling. Guy wouldn't leave me another one I had to demand it!

EXCELLENTE LITTERIE

EXCELLENTE LITTERIE

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Courteous staff.

Rooms and washroom very small. Overpriced for 5000 a night.

Courteous staff. Near train station

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Room was good - There was one staff called Nabil - He was...

There was a lady at check-in - She was not very customer orientied

Room was good - There was one staff called Nabil - He was very good in his service

Staff is so awesome!

Staff is so awesome! so helpful. I enjoyed my stay in the hotel

Good! if you need some place to sleep after long walk thru Paris.

Maybe consider put the frigobar at rooms and the Breakfast is to basic.

Near (300m) of subway.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Friendly welcome to a good value for money hotel

Very friendly welcome at the reception desk. A modern and very clean room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

As usual very happy to stay here

Breakfasts good but rather expensive.

Staff welcoming and very helpful. Good value No traffic noise on 4th floor

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

the staff

the breakfast price was too much for what we got and there was no chance to have drinkable water when the kitchen was closed

the staff

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

low price

security standards were low

low price

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Accommodating staff

Late breakfasts on Sundays. Stayed before and kindly kept luggage for the day so we could sight- see before flight.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Pre-cruise hotel.

The room was a bit small.

Good location, clean and well laid out.

Functional and cleam

Not as inexpensive as I would hope for a 3 star

Convenient for the office

Fair hotel if everything else is booked close to offices in Issy-les-Moulineaux

Bathroom was very small, overall feeling was that hotel needs firm redecoration

Room was large and good enough for one night

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good value for location and comfort

The location, the cleaniness, staff

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Bed was comfy, could see the eiffel tower from our window.

Room was small, shower was terrible, most of the holes in the head were blocked. Was a little noisy due to being next to a busy road.

Bed was comfy, could see the eiffel tower from our window. Close to a metro station.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

It' great place to stay at considering the good price.

It' great place to stay at considering the good price. It's close to Eifel Tower (30 minutes walk) and is surrounded with restaurants and super market.

There are also 70 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Gabriel traveller photo gallery