Reviews of Bailli De Suffren 3 stars

149 Avenue de Suffren, 15th arr., 75015 Paris, France

#692 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious for two people and comfortable. Easy to walk to restaurants and take the underground. Could walk to the Eiffel Tower from the hotel. Really nice shower.

Good location, safe
    • Double Room - Large Bed

No replenishment of water bottles or coffee pucks after the first day Vibration of the metro car

Good location, good croissants pastry shop across the street Metro close by

We were pleased with our choice of the Bailli de Suffren and would stay there again.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Wasn’t a problem for us, but know that the room is very small

Bed was comfy, location was in a residential neighborhood which felt safe in the evening, 2 cute bakeries within the block- bathroom & shower was great; staff was very pleasant & helpful

Friendly and helpful staff in an excellent location.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

No negative comments to make.

Friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities, good breakfast, excellent location, restaurants in the vicinity as well as attractions to visit. Quiet environment, close to UNESCO premises and next to the underground station.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Brilliant

Everything was perfect

It was a surprise proposal event and without going into details of the logistics, our flight was delayed but the staff was wonderful in handling our situation and keeping the secret in tact until my daughter got to the Eiffel Tower. A big thank you to the staff.

As expected
    • Double Room - Large Bed

It is a nice hotel, but overpriced. Room was very small. Shower was leaking, had water all over the bathroom after each shower

The room was very clean, with everything needed inside (funny thing, I got complimentary coffee, but only decaf! Maybe they care for the customers' sleep). Very comfortable bed and pillows. Location is excellent: metro right in front.

Great location, very small but comfy and clean room.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room was very small and I felt the price was expensive for one night, especially with breakfast not included.

Bed was comfy and bathroom was big. The metro is also literally at the front door.

• Double Room - Large Bed

good look to sleep without earplugs with the metro trains shaking the building as well. soms small room and hot water in shower didn’t work one evening. internet was also super slow despite the strong wifi signal.

Fantastic location for the metro but still very quiet area.

Nothing not to like

Fantastic location for the metro but still very quiet area. Staff were most helpful allowing us to check in earlier and keeping our bags for us on our last day. Beds were really comfy and the hotel was quiet.

Lovely Paris
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room was very compact for 2 persons. No room to put luggage without having to step over them. Would have been more practical to use the space by providing shelving or drawers under the bed to store things.

Friendly staff great location. Nice continental breakfast.

Overall ok, but the water smell was a bit

The room smelled of water in the bathroom, I always had to open the window to get rid of this humidity smell. Clearly some water blockage somewhere.

location was best for me and that the staff is nice. I liked also the fact that you could make your own tea, I appreciate this. The hotel was also quite at night, so I could sleep well.

Excellent located near to the Eiffel tower
    • Executive Double Room

Could not really think any anything.

OH I liked a lot about this property. The staff excellent, the location excellent.. just top draw if you want to be near Eiffel Tower. It was located right next to the metro stop , Segur so made very easy for getting to it from the Paris Est train station. The room was well equipped with Fridge and even an electronic safe! The Bathroom was good, the shower great.. and room had a unique viewing window so you could see into the bathroom. The map provided by the hotel was just top draw, very useful. We took breakfast one day and could really not be disappointed with the way the staff there looked after us to the fresh coffee and beautifully prepared breakfast items with lots of choice. Highly recommended.

The bed was comfy and it was located next to a couple of...
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room was smaller than pictured and there was a big window from the en-suit into the bedroom. A very British problem: the tea bags didn't get replenished and there weren't any at reception when we went to ask.

The bed was comfy and it was located next to a couple of metro stops which made getting around easy if we didn't want to walk.

Friendly and helpful staff, very close to a metro station,...

Window between the room and the bathroom. Our parents’s room (same class as ours) had coffee machine in the room, ours hadn’t. Wanted to buy few bottles of water at the reception - they couldn’t add the cost to the room or take cards, only cash - had to pass. Slow WiFi.

Friendly and helpful staff, very close to a metro station, very good breakfast, comfortable bed.

Dirty. Rude staff. Don't come. Better value elsewhere.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

I seldom leave bad reviews, but had such a terrible experience that I felt like I had to share. The key issue I had was that on my first night, my shower was broken, and I was told that there were no solution and I had to wait until the next day. There was a free room (with a functional shower) available, and I had ask repeatedly and persistently for an hour and a half before being moved to the free room (which was of a similar size to my old room). During this whole time, the staff kept refusing my request for a room change, spoke rudely to me, did not apologize, ignored my requests and was not helpful at all. They did not want to help and would not let us change rooms for an hour and a half!! On top of that, there was a real hygiene issue. When we arrived at the rooms, one of the cups still had the prior guest's drink in it, with remnants of herbal medicine in the cup itself. The staff interrupted us to collect the laptop and toothpaste that were left in our room by the prior guest. We also asked for an extra blanket to supplement the only blanket that was available (the one on our beds) - it's January in Paris - but was told there were none available. On day two, one of our toilet rolls was dirty (looks like it was stained with coffee) and on day three there was a dirty piece of tissue (not ours) left on our desk. When I saw the manager on Monday (when she finally came in), and I had to tell her what happened all over again. This was my third time recounting my whole ordeal, despite asking the staff to pass on my complaint to her. After a very lengthy conversation, the hotel offered me a EUR 25 discount, which I believe to be wholly inadequate given the rudeness shown to me on the first night, and also the various issues with cleanliness. Overall it's a terrible experience. Hugely disappointing as reviews have generally been good. Suspect there may have been a management change.

A cool hideaway in hot Paris
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Wifi is slow (2 mbps), does not reconnect automatically, logs you off periodically, very difficult to reconnect and no English interface.

Walking distances to the Eiffel tower and Les Invalides; very near a Metro station, grocery stores and restaurants; very friendly and helpful staff.

Beautiful hotel, lovely location with great staff.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

It was a little bit cold in the room- the aircon had been left on which we hadn't checked as it was winter- assumed it wouldn't have been on however it really wasn't an issue. Nice and toasty once we realised! (We're blonde OK! Haha)

Staff were excellent- spoke brilliant English. It was very easy to find. 5 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower (you can see it from the street!). Tube station right outside. In a safe and quiet area! Given a good choice of tea and coffee in the room. Wifi was good. Very clean. Bed was super comfortable.

Good accomodation
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room is to small if u have many bags

Very good location and the metro station ségur is in the front of the hotel and it's about 10 min a walk to get to champs de mars and the eiffel tower

Provided what we needed well for a very brief stay in Paris

The bed was quite hard Floor was wet where the bathroom met the bedroom so I ended up with wet socks!

The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful Good location

The front desk was very helpful.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The pictures of the room are misleading. The rooms are quite small honestly.

The front desk was very helpful. Even though our check out was at noon and we had a flight to catch way later in the night, they'd offered to let us store our luggage in the cloakroom till our flight.

We were extremely happy with this Hotel and would recommend!
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Our room 202 was perfect for us. The bed was comfy and the room was lovely and warm. The Shower was powerful and the Maid made sure we always had clean towels and beverages were topped up daily. We were next to the lift but that didn’t affect our sleep. We read the reviews about ‘small rooms’ but we pleasantly surprised! Segur Metro and Sevres / Lecourbe Metro are a stones throw from the Hotel and therefore extremely accessible to the Centre! There are also two Boulongerie close by so perfect for a croissant! Overall we would give this Hotel 10 out of 10! Thank you!

Far better than 3 star
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Room is small, but was expecting the same so no complaint

The hotel staff were very friendly, room was great. Far exceeded expectation of a 3 star hotel

staff was was very helpful
    • Double Room - Large Bed

not adequate for working - the first room I was given had no real table to work - the second one (thanks to the staff who agreed to change my room) was better, but the chair was so low I had to use 3 pillows to be able to work at the table. It was hot, and the Air conditioning was turn off in the building

staff was was very helpful

It was very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room was a bit noisy because of the metro but for us was not a big problem

It was very comfortable. A nice place and very helpful staff. I liked that I had free coffee and tea in the room. Market and pastry you have near hotel. You have many shops near so you have from where to choose. The metro was right at the door. Eiffel Tower was 10 minutes away walking so for our honey moon was perfect.

Stay was fine simply it was an ideal location for our needs.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Room could have been more roomier, bathroom could have been bit roomer and the most disgusting thing is to see a window in the room seeing the person taking shower, what were they thinking?

Basically the location. Room was nothing to talk about, bathroom was quite small for someone to take a good shower.

not bad - enjoyed paris because it is a beautiful city
    • Double Room - Large Bed

room size was way too small. couldnt event fit our luggage in the room and had to leave most of it in storage downstairs - this was a hassle when needing for it to be taken out of storage and reception couldnt access the storage at a given time. Recommendation for dinner restaurant was not v good. Not v informative at reception desk in regards to disneyland tickets or bus tours.

the bed was comfy, there was a computer downstairs to access the internet - free printing etc.

Staff was good very helpful.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Room was very small. It was so tight to move around. I traveled with my partner and baby 18 months old. We booked a double bed but we got two beds combined together. It was not comfortable for the middle person for sleep. And also room was very small for the money wise.

Staff was good very helpful.

Enjoyable weekend
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The window to the bathroom was strange; there was no real privacy when getting changed. Cans of 7up €4 and a bottle of water €3 - more expensive that at any tourist destination!

Rooms were modern, beds were very comfy and room was a nice cool temperature.

Was ok to stay one time but want be back definitely to the same place again

Was nothing close to the hotel to eat breakfast and the hotel breakfast had not a great choice.

The coffee mashie wasn't very clean and room was very small you couldn't open the door when someone was coming out from the lift.

Amazing place
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Bedroom was very luxurious for the price (must be a French thing) Bathroom had a massive shower which was awesome. The bed was massive and very comfortable. Really enjoyed staying here There was an Irish pub down the road (that had Guinness on tap!) The metro station was right outside the hotel which was great.

My husband and I stayed there from 30 July to 2 August and...
    • Double Room - Large Bed

My husband and I stayed there from 30 July to 2 August and again from 14 to 17 August 2017. Perfect location with a metro station just in front of it and another one 5 min walk.. Eiffel tower is only 15 min walk. Very safe and quite comfortable neighborhood. The bed is comfy, the bathroom is always clean and spotless. My husband and I stayed in 2 different rooms as our honeymoon eurotrip started and ended with Paris and both were perfect. The staff are soooo friendly and helpful, they peinted our Disneyland and Louver tickets without extra charge and in almost no time. The breakfast was good too. The minibar was a great plus as well as the coffee machine / boiler with the coffe, tea and sugar. I can't think of one downside during our stay there. It was the best hotel we stayed in during our honeymoon eurotrip. I would go back there the next time I visit Paris and I highly recommend this place for everyone. Nehal and Ahmed Hassan

Not impressed!
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Size of the room. Air conditioning was a disaster. Woke up with the worst headache in the morning due to lack of oxygen in the room all night. Hoping ac will make a difference but room was way too hot.

Receptionist was really nice I believe her name was Nada.

cosy but good location
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Very small rooms, but not a worry if you aren't going to be spending much time in there.

Convenient and walkable distance to central paris and the Eiffel tower. Great Boulangerie-Patisserie a short walk up the road.

Good stay overall.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room is very small so if you bring children and have a lot of luggage, it could be a bit tricky. The cot we requested upon booking was not provided and our 1-year old baby ended up having to share the bed with us.

Great location. Metro station Sègur is 15 secs walk away. It is in a posh-ish neighbourhood and only 20 mins walk to the Eiffel Tower. Modern design. Good cleanliness. Nespresso coffee machine and capsules in the room.

Long weekend in Paris
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Excellent location for visiting Paris and very close to a metro (Segur, ligne 10). Quiet street at night. Staff pleasant and helpful, room clean and modern. It was small but that is to be expected in Paris and it was well put together and the wifi was free.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

fair , but really to smaal rooms to stay comfortable
    • Double Room - Large Bed

the rooms are really to small ( even for Paris standard) , I was alone in a double room without much luggagebut it was to tight and difficult to move. There is one chair, but cannot use it because no place in between bed and ( small, ) desk, so all looks nice but....... No hot water in de room the whole day , have to change to another room in late evening . One of the reading Bed light was broken . Poor way for hanging your clothes!!

location is fine , average size hotel !, clean , friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

nice staff (called to tell me i'd left an item behind in...

- impossible to work as the "desk" not even big enough to accommodate a laptop. - room smelled like someone had been smoking in it.

nice staff (called to tell me i'd left an item behind in the room), comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Pleasant Stay in Paris

Room cleaning service. We wanted to have an afternoon nap, on the 2nd day and by that time the room wasn't ready.

Everyone was really nice and helpful!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Convenient base for a short break to Paris
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Compact but well thought out room. Very handy location - quiet, but close to several Metro stations. Staff all very helpful and friendly. Would go again!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Would never stay again

Room very small hard to move around in. Also get back home to a £52 charge on my credit card from this hotel when at checking they said it was for identification purposes also gave me no warning or reasoning to what the charge is for be wary! Parking is a big issue also if you are driving

Stay was okay water pressure was good along with access routes and location 2 metro stations right outside your front door breakfast was okay adequate and could get by on it not much selection though.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Easy in easy out

Room was smaller than expected.Bathroom door had a tendency to slide open but it was no big deal

Location very close to Metro. Breakfast fresh fruit and juice an unexpected pleasure. Staff attentive and friendly

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Long weekend in Paris
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The room was very cold. We turned the heat on high and it didn't help. We asked for an extra blanket and were told they are booked and have no extras. No other assistance was given or offered.

The location was good. Very close to the Eiffel tower. We were able to check in early, which helped with our sight seeing schedule.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Good choice
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Breakfast is slightly unimaginative, but does give a bigger spread than just a coffee and pastry usual in French hotels. The standard rooms are tiny - fine for one person, but perhaps a bit tight for two. If you are a couple, spring for an Executive room

Although it is a few metro stops from most attractions, access to the metro system is really good, with two lines on the hotel doorstep. Rooms are clean and modern, with coffee making facilities, a decent sized safe that can take a laptop or large camera, and good shower with separate hand shower. And the WiFi works! There are some great restaurants in the neighbourhood (try Le Gande Bistro)

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Location, Location, Location!!!
    • Executive Double Room

Rooms are a little small (but that's fairly standard everywhere in Paris), lift is tiny, could barely for two of us with our suitcases. Otherwise comfortable and convenient.

Only a 15 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and all the main attractions, on a quiet street close to a few restaurants and cafe's. Perfect location if you don't want to be catching taxis and public transport to the attractions of paris

comfortable bed and bedding

comfortable bed and bedding

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great place, good value
    • Double Room - Large Bed

not a great variety of eating options close by

Great clean hotel

Pleasant photos

The hot water for the tea was yellow upon heating , however a kettle was delivered

The cleanliness

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Excellent location

Excellent location

Good value for money for a short stay

Room size is small

Location and cleanliness

Went there for a visit to Roland Garros. It was a great base. On the Metro to the stadium and the ho

Closeness to Metro. Bathroom with bathrobes.

Friendly staff.

Small rooms

Friendly staff. Air conditioning and everything in the room was in good working order. Right next to Segur metro.

Very nice and comfortable stay!
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Very nice and comfortable stay!

The hotel is within walking distance to many sites and restaurants for tourists.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Large glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom with no curtain.

Very quite location.

Good location, fair rate and nice staff
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Key card doesn’t work. Had to ga back and forth every day to reset

I am upset.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

I am upset. Everything was good, before chek out. I cant receave my money (deposit) back from them!!!!! Come on!!! Give my money back.

Friendly staff perfect location nearby eiffel but room is very small

Very small room

GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY

VERY FRIENDLY STAFF

It was very good and I have booked myself into the hotel again for my next stay in Paris.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Really nice and helpful staff and the location was great for my purposes.

Bathroom not working well

Bathroom not working well

All good

All good

Great location great service!
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The window looking in to the bathroom was a bit weird. But it wasn’t a problem.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! Easy access

LOCATION

Size of room and price

LOCATION

Very Good

Nothing really

Beds were good.

We had a lovely time.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Rooms is on the small side.

Value for money and location.beds very comfortable.

The rooms were very small.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

The rooms were very small.

Nice, clean place to stay with good value in Paris
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Very helpful with needs of a young child - Also easy access to the metro.

Staff was helpful & friendly.
    • Executive Double Room

Rooms were to small & same with washroom.

Staff was helpful & friendly.

Perfect!
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Comfy bed, friendly staff, nice room, perfect location.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Great spot near Eiffel tower
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Had nespresso pods but no machine ..

Great location, friendly staff, comfy bed.

Cleanliness.

Rooms are too small. Not fair. Air conditioning didn't work properly.

Cleanliness. Staff very helpful.

Very small bathroom

It was good location, room was very small for family but was...
    • Double Room - Large Bed

It was good location, room was very small for family but was value for money.

Nice modern facility.
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Very small rooms. Just for sleeping.

Nice modern facility.

Good located but very small room
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Elevator was broken two times. Climbing to 5th floor was quite exhausting with over 30 degrees outside.

Good location, friendly staff

Fair enough
    • Double Room - Large Bed

Air condition wasnt working well Size of the room

Location great, very small room, air condition really hot, cleaning was good