Reviews of Hôtel balladins Esbly / Marne-La-Vallée

#1 of 1 hotels in Isles-lès-Villenoy

5.5

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Not impressed

Incredibly small room and bathroom. Some hairs in the bathroom which wasn't very nice. Also the carpet didn't look very clean. The rooms are very noisy, you could literally hear the conversation people in another room were having. We didn't use the breakfast because it's quite expensive and it did not look great. I recommend to just find a patisserie nearby for some fresh croissants and baguettes for half the price.

Beds were okay and clean. Close to Disney (by car).

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very cheap and easy to check in.

Bathroom was way too small. Couldn't stand in there without the door open. It was about the size of my shower at my home. It is also in a very bad part of France. I wouldn't walk anywhere, Ubers have an okay time finding the hotel, but that area is very rural and you would need to know french.

Very cheap and easy to check in.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Convenient and cheap, friendly staff, bed was comfy for us

Room was very small which was fine for myself and my husband but could be an issue for others. Bathroom was compact, the inside floor of the “pod” got very wet after a shower so we used a lot of towels to avoid floor slipping. Whilst the route to the bus to Disneyland was easy, it was long. Minus cases it wasn’t an issue for us, but it is a long trek in the dark with suitcases or heavy bags and tired legs. The main road can be problematic crossing, would probably not advise for a family or small children

Cheap and cheerful it suited our purpose for a low cost place to stay on a visit to Disneyland. Staff are friendly and helpful, the room was quiet, it was an easy route to the bus stop to Disneyland.

Very bad experience in my life!!!
    • Triple Room (3 single Beds)

Health and Safety need to be first

It is bad services for people who have disability or family. They wrote on their website that they have accessibility and they told me in the last few hours that they do not have a lift (escalator) in the hotel.. However, when I have arrived I found myself in the top floor and I faced great trouble and risk. I did carry my wheelchair into the second floor without even any help from their security staff. Also, I told the staff management, I will come around 11 pm for check in, but I did not find anyone waiting in the reception. In the morning, I complain to the manager, they did not event say sorry for the great trouble and bad treatment which I had in their hotel.. they put me and my two children in great risk as my children had to carry the electric scooter from ground floor to the second floor!!! Moreover, the breakfast is not great deal... and the room very tight for one person, not very clean, the beds were not comfortable as I expected!!! when I looked at this hotel in the website ,,, it looks great.. When I asked for taxi, the taxi driver who works for the hotel did not use the meter and he tried to argue with me to take more money from me... In summary, this hotel is very bad for family and disable people, it does not deserve any star..!!!

Cheap, convenient for Disney but very grotty

Stained carpet, rust stains in the bathroom, spider nests on the ceiling, bed as comfortable as stones in your shoes.

It's only 15 minutes to Disney land. That's about it.

It smells very bad.

It smells very bad. When you open the door of stairs it starts smells like a pee and the rooms get worse. Stuff were excellent very helpful and friendly. But hygiene is very bad. You cant normally breath till you get used to it. Very time we came from outside it took quite a while to get used to that bad smell. It was just horrible smell

Breakfast was simple but nice and was very fairly priced.
    • Triple Room (3 single Beds)

The female morning receptionist was incredibly rude to several guests. Our stay was otherwise pleasant, convenient and great value for money

Breakfast was simple but nice and was very fairly priced. Free for our 5 year old

OK stay but room could be cleaner.

The room was not very clean (especially the floor) and smelled of cigarette smoke. The receptionist was not friendly.

The price was ok. Close to Disney.

That we could have done a late check in at the hotel.
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

I initially searched for a hotel close to disney land paris. When we arrived in Paris, marne la Valle station, we found out that the hotel is not there and that esbly is the town in the bigger area of marne la Valle. We ended up travelling so much with the trains to get to the places we wanted to be. The room was also very small and the breakfast area not very clean. The reception lady cant talk English as well. And this made it very difficult.

That we could have done a late check in at the hotel. That was good since we only got to hotel after 12 midnight because we struggled to get to the place.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I liked the fact that it was close to Disney Land, if anyone...

The hygiene of the place is not good and the shower is small and the door is too small for the opening of the toilet, meaning water goes to the room when you shower and...well if one of you goes inside lets say there is no privacy...you can hear everything that the other person does in there. We had dirty towels and dirty sheets. Was becoming very warm at night there is no airconditioning. If you are going for a short trip you can tolerate these things but if you wan't to go for a week or so i wouldn't suggest it.

I liked the fact that it was close to Disney Land, if anyone is visiting Paris for the weekend i would suggest this place, but otherwise i wouldn't. It has sufficient parking place if you traveling with a car. Its at a driving distance from paris, but has no metro stations nearby ( from what i know).

Budgets hotels don't need to have dirty walls and doors. Linens/bathroom were clean but needed deep
    • Triple Room (3 single Beds)

The rooms needed a deep clean. The walls and doors were dirty. There was no air conditioning

It was a perfect location for Disneyland.. we needed a last minute hotel and there was limited availability so we chose this hotel.

Have a magic day and afford a better standard. Do not let ruin your vacations by this hotel.

We stayed in Disneyland for fireworks and came late to the hotel. I have checked in by self checking machine and received a not working key. I did not stay in the room overnight and the hotel refused me to refund, by saying that I did not call the correct number. Although 1) I called telephone number provided by booking.com 2) provided key card did not work. Eventually we checked in to our room at 7AM next day and hotel charged us for two nights, 102,60EUR. Insane.

Hotel offered us free breakfast due to inconvenient caused.

Very close to Disney which was the best part. Staff were friendly.
    • Triple Room (3 single Beds)

Bathroom very small, no lift, pictures for rooms are very deceiving, as they are very tiny no wardrobe space if ur staying for a few days.

Bed was clean, location was good for Disney.

So disgusting

Dirty carpet and shower. The fire alarm sounded with no reason at 7.30h in the morning. No shuttle service to Disneyland park (taxi is around 25€) no reception service at night. Huge spiders welcomed me at night! Better go somerwhere else...

Just great value for money
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

We stayed at this hotel for second time in last 3 years. It's close proximity to Disneyland is just great. It was sufficient to our needs (i.e. sleeping and taking a shower after long day at the park). There's not much time left after a day in the park :)

Horrible stay

The bed had stains on it, the toilet hadn’t been washed since the last time. Staff were rude and unable to communicate. The bathroom was big enough to only step inside. Really small steamy room. Wouldn’t recommend I checked out and booked another hotel

Nothing was really good except the hotel having free parking

Better hotels available for the price

Way too small room, couldn't properly shower because that was really small too. You can get better hotels for this price in the area.

Staff was okay

Location was close to disneyland and gas stations.
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The first room had a bad odor and the toilet broke on 1st flush. Had to request change. No elevator, had to carry luggage up narrow stairway.

Location was close to disneyland and gas stations.

A good choice, a lot cheaper than many during a busy period and would stay again

Rooms were small and a little tired but very clean

Location and price - Being near to Disney means everything is expensive during busy periods but this was still much cheaper

Worst hotel stay of my life (even if it was only a 1 night stay).

Bad smell in the room and overall not clean. Bathroom conditions really poor and not clean. Bad air flow. We slept with the window closed and sweated a lot (it was not particularly warm). After six hours of sleep the window was all wet. Photos do not represent well how bad the place is. The lights outside of the room were lit the whole night and shone through the gap under the door. My wife could almost get no sleep because of that. For her the stay was a nightmare even if we were just staying to sleep a few hours before raising early to take a flight. I would NOT recommend staying here. Probably worst hotel stay in my life.

Ideal for just a sleepover

Breakfast is very poor, all rapped up in plastic (even cheese). Ham (which is normally standard) was even not available. Only cheese,jam,choco, yoghurt.

24u check-in, best price quality, 10min drive from Disneyland

Bed was comfy

Bathroom was tiny, you got up from the toilet and you were in the shower, cleaning wasn’t a very good standard, was nearly a mile walk from the local bus stop so a long way to walk with lots of luggage, lots of bugs

Bed was comfy

Cheap place, nice stuff but rooms still didn't worth the price...

We were looking for a cheap place to stay near Disneyland. We didn't have huge expectations. Just wanted a comfortable bed where we can have a good night sleep. Unfourtunatelly, the 'double' bed was in fact two single beds joined together which was a bit annoying for people who are taller. Bedroom was small, which wasn't a huge problem but the cleanliness and broken furnitures were terrifying. Final bit I couldn't ignore was the bathroom. It was extremely tiny. You could take a shower and use the toilet in the same time! Also there is no holder for the shower head so it is impossible to have a nice relaxing shower. Location of the object was not too bad. The closest station was just 15 minutes walk away but there is no restaurants or supermarkets around. The closest was 30 minutes away.

Friendly staff.

Location is very close to Disney Parcs by car, excellent...

No elevator present

Location is very close to Disney Parcs by car, excellent value for money. Small room and bathroom but when you visit Disney you’re only here to spend the night anyway

Good if you go to disneyland

Hotel was very noisy. Staff didnt Speak english well. Double Bed was small

Location nearby Disneyland, Clean Supermarkt nearby Big Parking Shower was Good

The staff was quite friendly.

But the location is not good as I expected. I took an Uber there at my check-in night and walked to the nearest train station on my check-out day.

The staff was quite friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

A good stay with friendly staff

The location of the hotel wasn't what I was expecting. Nearest local shop was a good 20-30 minute walk away which isn't convenient for people with no transport and young children.

The beds were comfy and the staff was very friendly.

Cheap and mostly chearfull

TV and toilet seat in the room were broken. Nothing I could be bothered to complain about during the stay as in the long run it didn't affect my holiday, spending the majority of my time outside of the hotel, but probably wouldn't book again due to this and would try out the F1 next door. I'm also not a huge fan of having a shower with a plastic curtain immediately next to the toilet.

For the most part this hotel was what you would expect from a budget hotel. Staff very friendly, including reception staff and cleaners.

REALLY UNSATISFIED. NEVER GOING BACK. ILL MAKE SURE TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NOT GO THERE EITHER

It was dirty really dirty my our room smelled bad and we checked in at 12 in the night so normally it shouldn't .. they should really upgrade they're cleaning service and information as well . I called the hotel and they told me I was at a 20 minutes driver from the airport orly and 10 minutes walk from the center I was an hour away from the airport and the center was like 30 mins walk !

Nothing was good ! This shouldn't be a 2-3 star it shouldn't even be a one star

Cheap and cheerful.

For what we paid we couldn't have asked for more. It's not luxury but perfect for just needing somewhere to sleep. Comfy bed, decent bathroom and great location for the local airfield and Disneyland.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Smell in the room/shower

Smell in the room/shower

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Very convenient located close to Disney.

Small rooms

Very convenient located close to Disney. Very good price quality.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Good location, the room was fine, what you could expect.

We had a room at the beginning of the hall, close to the reception. This made us hear a lot of people walking and talking.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Nothing like its pictures, paid way too much for what it was worth!

Dont ask....... i think it more feasable you ask what i liked.....NOTHING! except there was a roof over my head and nothing more!

It wasn’t clean, the bathroom stank

It wasn’t clean, the bathroom stank

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Crap but was one night

Cleanliness of rooms, lack of breakfast and clean crockery, all of us got bitten by something on face. Dirty carpets in rooms.

Parking

Very uncomfortable
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The hotel was below standard

Staff politeness

Old stuff.

Don’t no anyrhing

Old stuff... smells to heavy lavendel

Everything was wonderful
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Expected more bigger bed and bathroom.

Everything was wonderful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Location was perfect if one is planning to visit the...
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

The language barrier was there !

Location was perfect if one is planning to visit the Disneyland!

Not bad choice

Narrow shower booth. Bad smell inside.

location from Disney land. Kind guard service. Late check in.

It was very dirty, smelly, the seeling and the walls were...

It was very dirty, smelly, the seeling and the walls were sloppy and stinky! It was an ugly experience!!

Smille people

Small bath

Smille people

The bathroom too small

The bathroom too small

We booked for breakfast on the reservation however when we...

We booked for breakfast on the reservation however when we went to get it we were told we didn't order breakfast

Just for one night
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

Very small room. Very small bathroom. No wardrobe. No table . Hard find space for suitcase.

Value for money

Bathroom

Bathroom

Good location for me.
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed)

No English breakfast tea and the buffet area was a little unclean. No toaster or sliced bread.

Good location for me. English spoken at reception.

Bathroom very tight in the 3 bedrooms size

Not bad

Staff were excellent and friendly.

the breakfast and that i got two single beds joint together instead of the single double bed I requested

Staff were excellent and friendly.

Really friendly and helpful staff and lovely breakfast.

Really friendly and helpful staff and lovely breakfast. Basic room, but the service from the staff made it a great stay.

The hotel accepted our late check in without extra charge

The room was dusty and we had to listen to the crying baby cause of the bad isolation

The hotel accepted our late check in without extra charge

The staff is very kind specially the director Corina!

The staff is very kind specially the director Corina!

DISGUSTING

EVERYTHING!!

HORRIBLE-AVOID!!

it was good.

the toilet is small. also the TV had problem the electronic key was blocked and i called the emergency service

No coffee served

Peaceful environment

Very spacious and toilet facilities

Night staff was rude and wasn't bothered to help simply because I wasn't French :/

Very spacious and toilet facilities

Maintenance

Maintenance

Very clean, stad was very friendly

Showers where a little bit small

Very clean, stad was very friendly

Served its purpose for my trip - to lay down and rest

No air conditioning and toilet is too small.

Cheap and accessible

no photo your hotel and hide no show

every thing first and second floor odour and smell terrible all day and corrider 's flirty

never booking again in the future your hotel

Low cost but for this money you can get much better hotels in France like I got a little later

No bars, no restaurants, no facilities, almost nothing public transport

Great module hotel near by DisneyLand and Paris
    • Triple Room (3 single Beds)

Small size of toilet, but it is normal for module hotels :)

Great module hotel near by DisneyLand and Paris, friendly stuff.

Booked for 4 people but only 3 beds

3.5

Toilet

Dirty/ nusty/noisy/stink

Free breakfast and comfy room

No way to get water from the machine. it takes only cash. The next shop is 1 km away so do access to public transport

Free breakfast and comfy room

small bathroom, no air conditioner, so warm, with a lot of...

small bathroom, no air conditioner, so warm, with a lot of insects in outside of windows without net, poor internet

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.