Reviews of Orly Superior Hotel 2 stars

7 rue Paul Demange, 91200 Athis-Mons, France

#2 of 2 hotels in Athis-Mons

First they told to call in hotel for shuttle when you arrive at the airport and after landing they told that shuttle is not available and will be available at 4.30pm. At the check out also they did same thing.

The facilities are very old. The free shuttle bus began at 5.00 a.m in the morning and we have to ask an Uber to the airport because of the early flight.

It is closed to the Orly airport and the staff is very friendly.

Bad entry way w tiles falling off. Musty smell in first room offered

Staff accommodating when asked to switch rooms because first room was musty n smelled bad. Walking distance to a great french restaurant. Airport shuttle include.

The steps going into the hotel set the scene - the tiles are broken and the steps are a risk as the broken tiles had not been cleared away and some were cracked and loose. The room was basic but too hot, there was no AC so you needed to keep the window open. This created noise from the road, the airport and car alarms so our sleep was disturbed. There was no hot water for a shower to freshen up before dinner and no hot water in the morning either. The receptionist told us when we raised the issues with here that the storm the previous night affected the water heating! There was no interruption to the electrics, so we didn’t believe her, she also stated that the rooms were being refurbished but there was no evidence of workmen on site. The only place to eat within walking distance is the Portuguese restaurant next door, the staff are miserable and if you are willing to queue at the door for up to 45 mins then the food is good. You can’t book in advance so we decided to take an Über to Courtpaille in Rungis instead. We have stayed at the Superior before and it was OK but we will probably pay a little more next time and stay elsewhere.

Good location for Orly airport, reliable and clean shuttle, breakfast is OK for €8 pp.

Shuttle bus sometimes skip the south terminal stop.

Good location for an Orly overnight, old furnishing but great staff and good breakfast. Wifi is surprisingly fast, best of all the hotels I have ever been to.

Noise from outside and inside rooms .. not sound proof

Near to orly airport .. we booked it for one night beacuase our flight was in the early morning to venice

Room was of a poor quality and cold. Also supposed to be close to the Airport but taxis couldnt pick us up the morning of our flight and we were very close to missing our flight home. Very stressful!

It is absolutely an one night before an early flight hotel, the facilities weren't enough to nothing more that that.

Is next to the airport, but there are a few meters to walk from the tram stop to the hotel. I was not able to find the shuffle service from the airport to the hotel.

Shuttle never came. Waited 40 minutes after calling then had to take expensive taxi.He never told me day shuttle stopped at 11:30am. Had to walk to train to get to airport. Thin towels & pillows. Smelled like smoke even though supposed to be no smoking room. Only positive, it was relatively cheap. Do not stay here!

Woman at checkout fixed me an expresso.

Staff was not helpful in giving us directions to the hotel when there were road closures surrounding the airport and hotel. We had to navigate our way through the detours on our own, which were not very clear, for over an hour trying to reach the hotel. When it seemed like there was no way to get passed the closures to our hotel, the man operating the front desk told us there could be no refund if we didn't make it there. We were not notified anywhere throughout the booking that roads would be closed off after a certain time of day. Upon arriving in our room finally, the room smelled awful, like urine, and the bathroom conditions were not up to par including exposed wires in the shower! My friends and I could not understand why it cost as much as it did to stay there for what we got. A very frustrating experience at Orly Superior Hotel for us exhausted travelers who just wanted a hotel close to the airport for our early morning departure. Would never stay here again and overall do not recommend.

- Definition of a budget hotel. The price is low which is great but you are paying for what you get. - Dated rooms, curtains falling slightly off rails, iron burn stain on the carpets. - Appliances in need of replacing (eg radiator appeared look damaged so I did not dare use it meaning a very cold night). - No amenities (eg tea/coffee making facilities, bottled water in the room) and no room service so if you arrive late you’re going to bed hungry. Bring a snack or eat before. - No sound proofing - I could hear people outside, on the phone next door, in the corridor, snoring in their rooms, as well as the TV from neighbouring rooms all very clearly. - Shuttle took 45 mins to arrive despite me being told 20 mins when I called the hotel as instructed. - It is not a hotel for leisure, it is a cheap option if you have a tight budget and need a night stop over from Orly airport

-Proximity to the airport for easy transit. -Cheap nightly rate -Shuttle to/from airport - You call the hotel upon arrival to secure the shuttle, despite being told it would be about 20 mins it actually arrived 45 mins later. A suggestion might be to consider a taxi instead to get to the hotel as the shuttle is unreliable. -Return to the airport was using the neighbouring hotel's shuttle - more accurate timing that you can plan the night before.

A cold room was waiting for us. You have to adjust the room heating yourself, but it's not complicated.

A very good hotel near the airport with friendly staff. Comfortable beds. It's all right and great, if you sleep one night. Good and free shuttle service to the airport. It is located practically in the same building of Kyriad Hotel which is much more expensive. And you do not have to pay more expensive rooms than this.

No issues for a 1 night stay.

Basic hotel but great location for Orly Airport. Although it is close to the airport we were being asked high rates for the taxi journey, so the free shuttle they provide, to and from the airport, is great value. Very good value breakfast and decent rooms. very helpful. Highly recommended for visitors using the airport at Orly.

The room was old and smelly. We tried to leave the window open but the smell would not go away. Not sure was due to insulation or location, it was very noisy. We can even hear the conversation outside.

Free shuttle service to the airport

The shuttle service from/to the airport needs improvement/ be tighter with schedule. I called 3 times to let the receptionist know I would arrive at such time but still waited 40min at the airport for the shuttle while it is indicated 10min on the website.

Navette (shuttle) didn't pick me up for 40 minutes. Hotel reception denied all knowledge and responsibility. Horrible room. No lobby. No facilities. Badly trained staff(actually simply unpleasant both in evening and early morning). They ordered a taxi for 4.30 am as their shuttle only starts at 5. Taxi came at 4.45. They didn't seem bothered and refused to call to check. Total and utter waste of money

I waited for the shuttle at the bus stop aproximately one hour due to a misleading information in my first phonecall. I have to phone twice.... The hotel needs mantainance works (carpets, front painting, etc)

Location is very close to the airport

There almost no parking around hotel even though it is in the middle of nowhere at the backside of the airport. Also, eat before you get there as there is only one restaurant attached to the neighbouring hotel that is overcrowded and at 21.00 still has people lining up to get a table. You may stay hungry. The hotel offers a delivery menu from somewhere but that is also a sad experience so I didn't go for that.

If you have to be at Orly, the location is good and it has a shuttle if you don't have a car to take you to the terminal. Breakfast was OK but a bit limited choice.

The staff is unpleasant and not qualified at all. They only seem to speak french and don´t try to understand you in other languages (I tried spanish and english). The bedroom was cold when we arrived (not after we turned on the heating) and we were waiting for the transport from airport to the hotel more than 45 minutes even having phoned 20 minutes before.

The location was good and the bed very confortable.

Felt like a Motel 6 (not a good thing) but we needed a quick stay next to the airport to catch a very early flight. So we got our monies worth.

Very cheap room right next to the airport.

The hotel is in a state of disrepair. Many old furnishings in the room that were literally falling apart-stains on sheets, wallpaper falling off of walls, stained ceilings. the lift/elevator was broken. Bed was hard as a rock. The reception desk was closed at the hour I arrived-shutter pulled down so you could not see it-so from an outside perspective-appeared to not be open, plus one did not go where to check in. Windows do not open-there is a peculiar scent in the room. The shuttle is operated by the hotel next door-not the Orly hotel-only operates during certain hours and I received some difficulty from the other hotel when attempting to take the shuttle.

The gentlemen/staff was very nice upon reception. My taxi driver was super crazy and difficult-he helped alleviate the situation and emphathised and helped me carry my bag up the stairs because the lift was not working. Location in proximity to Orly airport was perfect, and the only reason why I booked it.

There were no tea making facilities in the bedrooms and only French TV. The shuttle service was not available midday. You had to make a call to the hotel from the airport to find out where and when to be picked up.

The buffet continental breakfast, which you have to pay extra, for was well stocked with fresh tasty items.

you can't do a reservation for the airpot transfer you need to call them from the airport

good location for one night and need to flight from orly airport the transfer for airport is efficient and punctual

Whole building has very old carpet and that is not healthy for all.

24/7 help desk and stuffs were really helpful and easily accessible from the airport.

Should have more options for breakfast and the bathroom should have either a curtain or glass door for the cold air that passes from time to time.

Liked the bed and cleanliness of the room.

The hotel is close to the Paris Orly airport and getting to it after the flight was straightforward. The room was minimalistic, but it was clean and comfy. The shower was spacious, the water pressure and temperature was a godsend after the trip. Beside the hotel, there is a tram stop and an aviation museum. You can also order a takeaway to your room - we had a leaflets with local recommendations in our room

The hotel and the room itself was a mess. Strange smell in and out of the room, signs of humidity in bathroom, smashed (!!) toilet door and dead mosquito on the wall. Personally, I've got trouble reaching the hotel as well, but that could be my bad.

The hotel is very close to the airport and the shuttle bus is really helpful. The reception was really kind and helped us with everything.

Nothing really, I didn't get breakfast because I was leaving too early so can't comment on that.

Was calm and I could get a good night sleep before my flight. I was a little worried since I got the room on the ground floor right in front of the reception (no20) but surprisingly enough I didn't hear anything. The rooms are clean and WiFi worked. The bathroom is inside the room which is great as I've been to some budget hotels where you have to go outside the room. I didn't check the area but didn't look creepy at all. If your travelling without a car be aware that the hotel shuttle is from Orly Sud level 0, gate C and its stop is number 6 not 12 as I saw on some internet site. Also in the evening it's best to call the hotel to make sure they send the shuttle as they don't have fixed hours. Going out in the morning is easy and the 1st one is at 5am. It's free and a 10min drive.

They charge me for breakfast for 2 day though am only staying one day , complaint and they say will refund me for 1 day and will returned in my credit card up to date there is no refund.

Asking for a taxi at the desk was told it would cost 25/30 euros . I said that was expensive and getting to Paris from airport on arrival cost me 30 ! The woman at reception said it’s because of the early hour ..... we decided on Uber and it cost us 8 euros !

The distance from airport, we had to leave early and being close was good .

It's near the airport and not that far away from the center, so it was really good! The staff was friendly and helpful, ordered for me a bus to the airplane the next day!

The room was not very clean. The towels were very thin. The shower head did not stay on the shower when it was running. The water leaked out of the shower stall

We were Double charged and was not able to refund the money by the hotel. I accidentally booked 2 rooms at the same time. I asked booking.com to help me resolved the issue; according to them orly superior agreed to refund the money, so I waited till our booking commence to refund the money on the hotel itself, but to my surprise they deny that they agreed to refund, I have official email that they agreed to refund, as per booking.com's advised. It did not stop here, when we arrived we opted to booked our FREE airport shuttle service and again from the incompetent staff told us that the shuttle is full. Another reason why we booked the hotel because it says in their facility that it is FREE airport shuttle. Then again, I have to argue with them for them to provide the said airport shuttle. The hotel is not a hotel, it is not customer service oriented. It is not the money that we've lost but time wasted having stressed-out during our stay. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. And I will never return to that place ever again.

The hotel was dirty and old and smelt from every corner. The lift was very old and narrow. The shower was less than basic and the towels were not soft.

the bed was not comfortable. The whole hotel smelt of old and dirty.

Room 104...the kind of room you accept only because you are exhausted and have no other options. I regret not spending 30 Euros more for a better hotel...except the TV everything was old and decayed (bathroom door had a hole, mirror frame rotten, the soap packing dirty, etc)...the smell was bad. Still the cleaning crew tried their best,bed sheets where clean...the bed was about the only thing I wanted to touch. I recommend this hotel only as a last, desperate option.

People at the reception very nice...great people. My respect for the cleaning ladies trying to keep clean that dump.

We ordered breakfast at the check in and then we're unable to change our mind .half an hour later,as they had already debited our account and would not issue a credit.

Good for access to the airport as it's on the airport perimeter,free shuttle and accessible from the airport by team if the shuttle is not available.

It takes very long time for the shuttle, and the WORSE is the maintenance man entered the room without knocking when we were sleeping! It was very scary! Then a woman came and said they were trying to put a cushion on a chair... the worse experience.

The front desk man was polite and helpful.

On arrival, there was an unpleasant smell in the room, but it disappeared quickly. Noisy guests on the sidewalk outside the adjoining hotel prevented sleeping with the window open.

It is a very basic facility with no luxuries or extras. Location and convenience were excellent, with a free shuttle available for going back and forth to Orly, which we did a couple times. Front desk gladly made photocopies of a couple things for us.

Bath room , had long black hairs on the bathroom floor.I have short red hair. Blanket was dirty?The carpets in the hall way and bedroom need to be up dated.Smells a bit.

Staff were pleasant. Bed was comfortable. Good size room. Easy for Orly airport. Free shuttle service.

Very close to the airport - which is the only advantage this hotel offers if you have an early morning flight the next day - otherwise its on the outskirts of the city. I had to wait for a long long time for the complimentary airport shuttle which only got there after I was able to call for it from the airport.

They don't give consideration with the costumer especially the receptionist the last day of our stay. Even if you make a request and they say yes, they still going to force you to leave.

The receptionist the day we came was really nice.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

comfortable beds and clean rooms , this hotel is recommend if you need to be close to the airport , if what you want is tourism and meet new places this place is so far from everything , but people and service it's great.

If it's just a one night stay for the flight, nothing to complain about.

Good location if you are about to take a flight. It's easy to get to the hotel from town - Tramtrain 7 gets there directly. The hotel provides shuttle bus to the airport for free.

Hotel is not clean, carpet stained Bedsheets stained, hair inside fresh made bed small bathroom not clean apparent drain in bathroom sink with residue inside some rooms smell tobacco and there are cigarette burns on chairs No coffee or tea set in the rooms deficient air conditionner TV remote control out of order in some rooms

Comfortable bed

Few repairs and common maintenance would come in handy.

Village-like neighbourhood and park with airport outlook - very different experience from Paris. Quick and convenient shuttle service and very friendly staff. This hotel is good value for money.

The hotel says on your site that you pay when you arrive at the hotel. This is a lie as they have already taken payment of the price of the room from your card. When we arrived, the receptionist sought payment again even thought he was aware that the money had been debited to our account, something which we were unaware of. In effect we have been charged twice ! The hotel is aware of this and it seems to be common practice with this hotel group. To my minsd this is theft . This cannot be legal and it is a shame that Tramsavia, who we booked our flight with and who encouraged us to book this hotel through your website could have approved or recommended such a hotel to it's customers. To me this shows booking.com and transavia in a very poor light.

Bathroom and shower could use a renovation

Airport shuttle is free, left on time and was easy to organize and find. Very quiet in the room, even though it's near the airport.

The room could probably have done with a big of doing-up - there was paint flaking from the wall, the corridor smelt a little like the rind of a brie, that sort of thing. Also, the breakfast was pretty expensive for what you got - but i guess they know they've kind of got you over a barrel as there's not much else around there!

Getting from the airport to the hotel was super easy - they have a dedicated shuttle - so that's great, especially if you are between flights, like we were. Also, there is a Concorde on display just a few minute's walk away which is pretty cool! The staff are really friendly and helpful, too - they even held up the shuttle for us for a minute or two to get us back to the airport in time.

It took me two hours to find the hotel shuttle bus and get there once I arrived at the airport on the train. The only restaurant nearby was a seafood place with terrible food and worse service.

The staff member on the desk was lovely and very helpful. The place was fine for an airport hotel.

The hotel is in the middle of a building site with noise from 7am

Breakfast was fine! Dinner facilities terrible with 1 restaurant and queues out of the door

Place was dirty, mold on walls, stains on bedding, A/C didn't work. Place was disgusting to be honest. I would never recommend or re visit.

We booked specifically for air conditioning as it was a hot day in Paris, after we checked in we were told there was no air. The room was quite hot until evening, then with the windows open it wasn't too bad. A bit pricey for what you're getting but overall pretty convenient.

Convenient location for Orly airport.

No ventilation in our room, but free bottled water was provided as a compliment. Also very windows can be opened, and windy enviroment for refreshing,. Some mechanical noises in the night interrupted our sleep, though not a big issue, .

Great location, only five minutes walk to T7 tramway station Porte de l'Essone, and one station from the airport. Tramway connects to the Paris metro. You can also connect to RER by taking bus on Porte de l'Essone down to the Athis-Mons Gare on the south. In your walk to the tramway station you come across the Delta Museum that holds the famous ultrasonic aircraft Concorde. That was a nice surprise for us being aviation fans. You can nicely enjoy the external views of the Concorde from all angles withouth paying a single euro. From our room window are the Orly airport views and you get to see big airplanes. We loved it. Good free shuttle service at early morning for getting to the airport (upon request). Good breakfast. Employees are polite. Good breakfast service.

Once I called the hotel to book the shuttle, it took one hour for the shuttle to picke me up! Although the destination itself was 5 min ride away.

Located very close to the airport.

Air conditioning was not working. It was a very hot day in Paris and I couldn't sleep at all. When I called the reception they said they are facing issues with air-conditioning in a lot of rooms and that they can't do anything about it.

Room size was big

dirty ac not working ac, dirty carpet in the room and loby No english at the desk .They falsely charge for transport to the airport I will disput it with my credit card

restaurant next door

The bathroom came with spots of black mold and MULTIPLE spiders in webs. The fixture holding the curtain over the window and come completely out of the wall and was on the floor. Front desk could not move us to another room. There were people loudly partying in the parking lot until 3am. Disgusting facility, ineffectual staff, rowdy neighborhood.

This place is a nightmare.

This is not suitable for who want to visit city on daily basis of their stay, good for someone need to catch a flight from Orly

I had to stay one night near airport, its quite easy to reach here by tram from Orly airport even if you arrive late around 11pm. Room is spacious and staff is friendly.

I've been to this hotel 4 times in total. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean. We also use the shuttle service. It's more than enough when you want to spend the night before a flight.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The field through which you pass to arrive at the hotel was not lit at night, the grass was very high, posing the opportunity for something or someone to hide and harm passers-by/clients. The shuttle to the airport was extremely overbooked as it is shared by 2 hotels. There was no one to coordinate how to handle the overbooking. The clients needing to get to the airport had to discuss amongst each other to figure out way there was not space enough for everyone expecting to use the shuttle to get to the airport. Meanwhile, a 2nd shuttle bus sat empty on the hotel parking lot, unused as we all stressed about the ONE bus that was over capacity.

The only thing this hotel has working for it is it's proximity to the airport.

Receptionist weren't very expressive but the worst was a hole in the bed-sheet just near the pillow. Bathroom without window (and so a bit dark). Probably they didn't give so much attention in cleaning cause inside the shower we found a used bar of soap and an empty shampoo jar.

The Hotel is near the airport. You have a free shuttle to go and come from the airport from 5 am till 11 pm. Wi-Fi is a bit slow but working everywhere.

First airport shuttle bus is very busy so you have to be at the reception at 4:40 to get the 5 'o clock shuttle.

Helpful staff, good for early flights, shuttle bus service.

Quick hotel stop between flights with a long layover. The hotel was close to the airport (get an Uber not a taxi though as they try to charge you €25 for a 5min journey) clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful, they even got me a coffee at 5am before I left again for the airport, great little hotel!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The morning staff is so annoying, not friendly at all. We missed our free shuttle to airport 1 minute (time at the reception wasnt correct) and i know its my fault, i just asked him how to get another shuttle, but he seems like underestimated me.

We arrived at night, the night staff was very very kind, he always say thank you so much and sorry without reason, so funny man . Room quite big. Clean

They weren't clear where take the shuttle to airport I and stayed for several minutes waiting for it, so this ommited detail almost cost me lost my flight. You should go to the hotel next to and ask for the shuttle.

very close to the orly airport and loved the breakfast was ready at 5am

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

no toiletteries just hand soap not very clean some smelly

free shuttle ,close to the train and to Orly airport very friendly staff. very convenient if you have an early flight from orly

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

I was told to go the number 7 bus stop by the staff, when i got onto the bus the driver told me that the buses to the hotel stopped at 10 pm. I was left stranded with another person who had booked the hotel and we had to pay €40.00 euros for the taxi.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Breakfast Toilet

Good location near airport with free shuttle but this hotel is 1 night tops. Breakfast was very poor and toilet in what seemed like a cupboard. Shower was good though

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Room was cold Shuttle driver in the Morning unfriendly we had to Carry out luggage to the bus instead of him coming to the Hotel door

It s close to the Airport

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

- the worst thing was the support of the shower that was broken (perhaps a long time ago), which made it very difficult to get a comfortable bath holding the shower with one hand; - the room was relatively clean, but there were some suspicious stains on the walls and in the bathroom; - for me this was not a problem, but the room had an old carpet, so people with asthma and allergies could have serious problems

- The free transport from/to the airport is great - Size of the room is good - the heating system in room worked very well.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

I would only recommend to stay here if you have an early flight in Orly (for which it is perfect). The hotel is in the middle of nowhere.

Classic standard hotel. Very close to the airport with free shutte service from 4.30 am (it takes 5 min to reach the airport). Perfect for early flights

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Room bath room Bath room supplies No kettle or coffee in the room Noise from neighbouring rooms

Location close to airport but shuttle service is poorly times

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The wall is not sound-proof. The room next door talked really loud late at night when I had to catch a very early flight in the morning

Good if you have to catch an early flight Airport shuttle

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

There was nothing else in the room other then just a room with the basic shower facility and towel. Room is a bit dated. No complimentary water or coffee making facility considering the price paid.

Location which is near to the airport and bus terminal

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

We called the hotel after arrival. The shuttle picked us up about 10min later. The location is very convenient as it it only a short drive from the airport Orly and there is a huge carrefour within walking distance. Staff was helpful. Breakfast tasty including Croissants. For a night before a longhaul flight a perfect choice. Free and very punctual shuttle to Orly airport. Will stay again.

Browse Orly Superior Hotel traveller photo gallery