Reviews of Sofitel Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel 5 stars

88 Bis Avenue Kléber, 16th arr., 75016 Paris, France

#741 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Perfect stay

The dining room has no view to speak of and didn’t really have much atmosphere. However staff and food were amazing which more than made up for it

Beautiful property and polite considerate and kind staff. travelling alone with my three children and given an upgrade to the suite which was really appreciated and made the stay in Paris all the more special.

Very nice hotel with the great position
    • Junior Suite with 1 King-Size Bed

Too complicated light system in the room) One day we decided to stay for dinner in the hotel. The menu was poor.

Very comfortable bed, great cosmetics, good hair dryer, coffee machine in the room, very nice room design, welcome fruits. The room was very quiet. The staff was nice and helpful. We'll be back

Wonderful stay for Honeymooners
    • Deluxe King Suite

We were on our honeymoon and the hotel was nice enough to decorate the room and send some cake and strawberries to the room . The concierge service was great !! , very helpful in finding and reserving tables for dinner . Good location , clean rooms , comfortable beds . Wonderful stay !

Friendly staff.

The bar is small.

Friendly staff. We weren't able to check-in to our room until 5 pm. It was clean, stylish, and roomy. The room itself was well equipped and comfortable. Aside from my late check-in, I enjoyed my stay. Great location!

Auful do not book them
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Requested twin beds, at reception the lady asked me again if we want twin beds Got the room with single bed 😔 Asked concierge to buy flowers for the event got the bouquet for 59 Euro out of date almost dry roses ((( very disappointing

Our receptionists was very really helpful - the early check...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The night service was leaving chocolates only at one of our rooms (we were 4 people at 2 rooms) - not nice.

Our receptionists was very really helpful - the early check in right on the spot was not a problem. The bed was extra comfy! Great sleep :)

Be carefull with your belongs, if something happens, management will careless about it.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

The room extra small for the price, no view at all from the room's window, only one elevator was working at the hotel, and also an apple watch was stolen from our room.

just the location

Great location and good overall hotel.
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

Room was small. Tea and coffee option in the room could be improved. No English tea and only had 2 coffee sachets for 2 people.

Great location and good overall hotel. Friendly and helpful staff but felt at times too much attention which led to border line annoyance.

Staff was so friendly
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

I thought it’s a view to eiffel tour but unfortunately it’s not

Staff was so friendly They upgraded our room when they new that its my friends birthday ...

Very nice building in a nice location.
    • Deluxe Room with 1 Queen Bed (3 Adults)

No view and rooms next to the elevators are very noisy.

Very nice building in a nice location. Staff were really helpful and room was modern and clean. Balcony was a bonus.

• Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

Excellent service , amazing rooms with lovely balconies and great breakfast. I would definitely go back and also recommend this to anyone visiting Paris.

rubbish
    • Deluxe King Suite

everything, thanks to the hotel and booking dot com they ruined my wedding anniversary.

The hotel and booking dot com made this experience terrible. There was nothing to like.

great hotel for short stay, 5mn by feet from Arc de Triomphe, 10mn from Eiffel tower ...
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

Small problems, but annoying : - check in from 2pm, but room available not before 3pm, without any apologies or extra kind word - desk managers seems too stressed to be efficient, and their manager was not involved at all - despite sign "do not disturb", staff members tried 3 times a day to enter our room for futile reasons (mini-bar checking ...) - noise insulation from street was perfect, but absolutely not at right level concerning noise from the corridor (you can see the light from corridor below and above door!!!!!!

As usual in Sofitel, the beds are tremendous, just incredibly comfortable the breakfast is the best from all Sofitel I tried, but at very good level. Staff in breakfast really professional

Good Experience, Recommended!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The hairdryer could do with an upgrade.

Hotel was as expected for this price point. Staff were efficient and friendly, the bellhop has a very pleasant demeanour and puts the hotel immediately on the right footing. The common areas and rooms are clean and well maintained. There is a Metro stop just across the road and the hotel is a short walk to Eiffel tower (<15 mins). Overall a good experience and recommended.

Paris is magically majestic. Sofitel Paris Baltimore was excellent.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

We should have splurged for a room with a better view. We booked a room with a “partial view of the Eiffel Tower”. Our view was the backside of loft units Wish the room view was clearly and accurately described on the booking site. We would have gladly invested for an upgrade!

Pristinely clean. Professionally courteous staff Breakfast was amazing. Quality dining for bargain price.

I love sofitel hotels! And this one did not disappoint, Loved the location and the hotel!
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

What can I say, I love Sofitel hotels, there is a relax luxury about them! The location was amazing, 2 blocks away from the Eiffel Tower! Loved the room, the bed, the bed sheets! It was beautifully decorated, lux every where, everything well thought out and with lots of taste, from the moment you step into the lobby to the time you walk into your room. Love it and will be visiting again soon!

The beds were very comfortable and clean and the the windows...
    • Junior Suite with 1 King-Size Bed

The staff weren't very helpful when I needed something (adapter-- asked more than 6 times). The room service menu is basically nothing and the room smelled like dust.

The beds were very comfortable and clean and the the windows open so you can get some fresh air in the room.

excellent stay and very accomodating if you have young children

The service we receievd from a couple of individuals at the recepetion desk on our arrival was not of the same standard of the staff in general.

the staff in general were excellent, I was travelling with three children aged 7 and younger and the attention and support they received was gratifying. The room I stayed in had a great view of the Eiffel tower

Hotel, Rooms and Personal
    • Deluxe King Suite

Asked for a club sandwich at 23-15 at 24H room service, they sad - its no-one in the kitchen and we can not serve you this time )))

Hotel, Rooms and Personal

Great location, friendly accommodating staff, well appointed...
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

The room was small, hard to squeeze in my large suitcase.

Great location, friendly accommodating staff, well appointed decor throughout hotel and rooms, amazingly comfortable bed, excellent breakfast.

Disappointed
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

My room had no air conditioning, and half the electrics were not working. They didn't change my room for me. Me and my partner could not sleep for the whole duration of our stay. We had to share one plug point because half the rooms electrics were not working. Also found a cockroach in the breakfast room which the waiter very kindly removed for us.

The breakfast was nice and the staff were lovely

Could do better for the price
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

There was no hot water for a shower when we first arrived. We had cold showers. The selection of teas and coffee to make in the room was mean. For the price we were paying, I would expect real coffee and the teas to include a normal everyday tea with milk.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The bathroom was very well equipped

Excellent choice
    • Junior Suite with 1 King-Size Bed

Junior suite was excellent, spacious, great facilities, well maintained, quiet, fabulous massage shower, comfortable bed. Friendly helpful staff. Very nice boutique hotel. Really pleased I selected this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Best Stay in Paris
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

The beds enveloped you in snugly comfort so much that you didn't want to leave the room. The staff were extremely courteous, all spoke perfect english, and eager to meet your needs

manager was professional

We arrived late at 2:00. staff did not speak English and had no clue what they were doing. after being angry and insisting...we got a room at 4:00 am, The manager wanted us to may additionally but after discussions she offered us breakfast. And we accepted her offer.

manager was professional

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Brilliant staff, excellent location and comfy room
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

The room could have been a little warmer as the heating did not appear to be working properly but the comfy bed made up for this.

Brilliant location, room was comfy and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Champagne breakfast for my partners birthday
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

Our room wasn't cleaned on the Saturday and we had to call to have it done

The location of the hotel was perfect, the staff could not have been nicer and couldn't have done more for us

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Location and most of the staff
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

Room temperature super cold Asked for room dining service and had to call twice and ended up calling with my own phone Poor follow up of requests

Location and most of the staff

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Beautiful hotel in great location!

Couldn't fault them!

Location Location Location!!! I will be staying here going forward - the staff and rooms are amazing and big, equal walking distance to Eiffel Tower and Arch de Triumph.. shops and metro walking distance..

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Did not offer any gesture of goodwill following an error...

Did not offer any gesture of goodwill following an error made in our room allocations. Kids room was located 4 floor up on the 6th floor. Any one with kids would know this is a logistical nightmare.

Defrauded & disgusted
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

We paid €355 euros and booked well in advance 3 weeks prevous a superior room with queen bed & bath and they gave us a standard club double box room with just a shower tried their luck wonder how many other customers get treated like this as not everyone would realise I was disgusted to be defrauded by the staff who gave me the keys to the club double & when I complained and refused to take the room they had given my room to someone else as their was no supreme room available so they had to stick us in the waiting room as all the rest of the hotel was fully booked I was now wasting valuable holiday time waiting around looking at other local hotels while they tried to find another room when they did they then realised that particular customer had rebooked a second night then they found us a suit but it needed cleaning which was a 2 hour wait we was supposed be checked in at 2pm and out by 2:30pm our day was completely destroyed by this only compensation was a drink from the bar while we waited till 4pm to be able to unpack our luggage and get changed I was totally embarrassed and humiliated by the hotels dishonest behaviour id warn people to take a tape measure and make sure that the room they pay for is actually the room cause I bet loads of people don't even realise this hotel is behaving in this manor

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Wonderful Hotel
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

Having to carry your luggage up the stairs to the lift.. not ideal. Room service was ok but not great. Front desk staff were helpful but only when prompted in relation to hotel facilities or local cuisines but still very friendly.

Great place and great value for money especially from Paris. The location is amazing walk to the left and you have Arc de triumph, walk to the right and you have the Eiffel Tower.. restaurants, cafes and ATMs. Truely could not have asked for a better location!!!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Good hotel, but rooms very small

Both rooms very small - even though I reserved and paid for an upgrade for one, the room was still very small - little different from the small standard room

Helpful staff, good breakfast, attractive decor and good location.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Comfy bed , bad staff
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

The hotel pre-authorized my card , upon checkout , i paid in cash. After i left the hotel i called the credit card company , they let me know that the hotel had to un-release the amount for it to go back in the card , when i called the hotel the employee at the reception was so rude ! she didn't understand what i meant when i told her she needed to un-release the amount , so i told her send me an email that states i paid in cash ( the credit card company needed it ) , she told me in 5 minutes , i called more than 4 times , no use , no email . After calling bookings.com they helped me resolve the issue . And the hotel employee sent me the email the next day ! ( Seriously ! why would she say that she will send me the email in 5 minutes and every time i called she kept saying yes yes in 5 minutes ) and even when I told her please let me speak to the manager she told me I am the manager . Honestly it was really bad behavior from a manager ! 1. The reception staff were really bad ! 2. No place for the luggage . 3. The toilet was separate from the sink and shower area , I would have preferred it to be all in one place.

Great location ( very close to the Champs-Élysées , Supermarkets , Restaurants , Pharmacy's , The tower) . Very comfortable bed Clean

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

the hotel was being renovated!
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

the hotel was being renovated! This information was very important for my visit...the occasion was my sons 21st birthday and a construction site did not fit the occasion!

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Don't stay here if you want a good vacation
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

Rude staff that came in room unannounced late at night. Followed by manager calling and telling me he is outaide after putting do not disturb sign. Terrible misinformation from manager and staff on procedures and policies of hotel. Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night with no explanation when called to ask. Hair dryer did not work and magically did not speak English when a new one was requested.

The ending

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great location and staff - renovations took gloss off stay
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

renovations were taking place at the hotel. We were not warned of this and it took the gloss off booking a 5* hotel for daughters 18th birthday.

Location and staff

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Great value for money in the heart of Paris
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

Small room but we are in Paris !! I didn't choose breakfast because it is usually expensive in hotels in Paris and you can choose from several nearby places that offer it Overall nothing really important to complain for!

Excellent location and staff Great value for money Amazing matress

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Way better than Pullman Paris eiffel
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

This hotel has a class. Stayed at Pullman before this, so stressed there. This hotel gave me a genuine comfort and service. True 5 stars hotel. Close walk to the tower and nice restaurant and shop around this property.

OK
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

The Hotel booked a dinner on river boats but neglected to tell us there is a dress code , we were turned away and not allowed to go on board , it ruined our trip and evening !

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Will never stay there again!!!!
    • Deluxe room with 1 queen bed

Unprofessional and aggressive front desk staff, my room was noisy and dull, you have to visit the front desk everyday to activate room key. Be careful when you check out, ask the staff to reverse the authorized amount of your credit card immediately after the actual charge is processed.

Can't think of something I liked , but maybe the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

If this is the kind of customer service a 5-star offers, then GOD save PARIS!!
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

1) On the day of my checkout, I was heckled by your staff at the reception and asked to pay 74 Euros for using the mini-bar. I had specifically asked (in very clear words) the hotel Concierge, Mathieu on 9th August about my full liability and if I was liable to pay anything additional other than the amount of 1940 Euros mentioned in my booking. He very specifically mentioned that I had to pay City Tax extra and NOTHING ELSE apart from that. Further, for your information, I DID NOT USE my mini-bar and even had one of your room attendants empty it on the very first day, so I could not have used the mini-bar as being claimed by you. I had to specifically give a written request to confirm from the room attendant that I had indeed had her empty the mini-bar. I have attached the written request here. I have also attached the bill for the hotel stay and had it countersigned by the staff at the reception where his Cashier ID is also mentioned. 2) I had to catch a flight that day and your hotel caused me aggravated mental harassment. Further, my sponsoring company had arranged for a bus from their seminar venue to take us back to the airport. Due to my precious time being wasted by your staff, I missed that bus and had to take a Cab to the airport which cost me around 95 Euros for which none other than YOUR HOTEL IS RESPONSIBLE. This is when I had specifically asked your hotel staff the previous night to give me a receipt of the bill and clear my account as I would be leaving early morning. But they told me that the formalities wont take more than 5 mins and would be done in the morning itself. Even after requesting you, I was delayed by your staff.

What I did like has actually been clouded by the things which tormented me!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Not a genuine 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe room with 1 queen bed

- we could have been notified of renovations prior to booking. - Not genuine 5 star service or hotel - no turn down, - breakfast was poor and the level of the hotel was not a standard we expect of a Sofitel aligned 5 star property. - They completely missed our room service and turndown. - facilities are poor - relocated three times prior to getting suitable room.

the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Excellent stay - great location and service which is second to none!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the service level was par excellence! Every staff member provided the same level of service, and it was indeed service with a smile and very professional yet it was personable.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Bad start to Paris break
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Check in to find because I did not have the credit card I paid with the payment has to be reversed and another card used. I thought this was a bit over the top as I had my passport as ID . It meant I was up for currency exchange ( always not in my favour!) plus cc charges for three transactions. But after dealing with that we discovered on going to our twin room that it was not a deluxe room as was booked...no bath!! I had specifically booked and paid for a delux room for this reason . The receptionist ...yes same one ...insisted they did not have delux twin rooms with bath...until I showed her the room description on Booking info . We were given a suite with no extra cost but would have to wait till the occupier checked out.....8.00 pm we were getting into our room!!!! Mind you the "suite" was just a slightly bigger room with a couch in it.....but it did have a bath! We were compensated with a drink voucher!!! But the whole business put a really dark shadow over what was a long awaited much anticipated trip. So be careful with checking what you book with what you get in this hotel.

Lovely boutique hotel near the Eiffel Tower. Has renovations going on to the restaurant while we were there but did not impact on us too much ...bit of noise . Conveniently situated near a metro stop so handy to get about. Mostly the staff were helpful and pleasant except for the disaster of a check in experience.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The hotel is great, beautiful historical building.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

The room had a shower although we were hoping for the bath tub, also the shower section was not isolated by additional door.

The hotel is great, beautiful historical building. Our room was comfortable and had a balcony with a nice view of Paris. Breakfast was quite good too.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Fone first rather than believing the adds
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

booked this hotel on the assumption that it had a gaurmet restaurant and parking facilities. They at best twisted the truth, I wasted £400 and lost my no claims bonus! Typical Paris rip off!

Thought we'd have a bit of luxury after camping on the Vandee. So booked a five star in Paris near Eiffel. Fitted the bill well located etc.. Arrived to find that the advertised gourmet restaurant was closed for renervation and nearest so called 'near by parking' was 1/2 mile away. So parked on street and car got broke into!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Pretty good hotel but would not return

The small room was not very comfortable but the bed was pretty comfortable . They did not seem very interested in pleasing their guests .

The location is good.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Expensive Breakfast but very nice room.
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

Breakfast should be much cheaper.

Good breakfast but way too expensive for what you get! Put in wrong room (per confirmation) 1st night but then corrected and loved it!

Serviceable though not the quality of accomodation for star rating.
    • Deluxe Room with 1 Queen Bed (3 Adults)

Rooms are very small and bathrooms extremely small and basic for a 5 star.

Staff were very helpful and friendly

3.5 /5
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

Breakfast was limited. Room was small toilet seat and bathroom were different

Fairly gud location

Good

Could be better breakfast

Staff very polite and helpfull

I wol

Nothing specific

The staff was fantastic! The breakfast wonderful! The atmospahare lovely!

Classic room design with comfy bed
    • Deluxe Twin Room (3 Adults)

The room is quite small.

Classic room design with comfy bed

Great staff, friendly and helpful

Great staff, friendly and helpful

• Deluxe King Suite

AC was worm I tried to ask them to turned it cold but they didn’t.

Room size

Staff are freindly

Limited food facilities

Staff are freindly

Really lovely
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

The restaurant, not enough options for meals

The staff were very attentive, every time we went out the bed was made by the time we returned!

The location was excellent
    • Superior Room with 1 Queen Bed

The bed was very uncomfortable

The location was excellent

Loved the place!
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

Loved the place! Had our anniversary there and was treated with surprises. Really enjoyed our stay.

Nice boutique style hotel.

Nice boutique style hotel. Conveniently located. Friendly staff

Good location , room could be cleaned, room carpet was wet & hotel manger didn’t do any thing

Room not ready until 17:15 , and other room type requested not available & upgraded with extra money paid by the customer!!!

Excellent location

Booking was supposed to have a view , rooms not maintained...
    • Deluxe Twin Room (3 Adults)

Booking was supposed to have a view , rooms not maintained well

Lovely hotel.

We liked everything

Lovely hotel. Highly recommended. The ultra friendly staff and luxurious decor are what make this place so special

Convenient and comfortable, we would go back
    • Deluxe King Suite

Could have had a bigger bathroom with a separate shower

Bed was extra comfy, location was great, staff was friendly and helpful

• Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

Great location. Lovely and friendly staff.

perfect hotel with lovely friendly staff.
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

There wasn’t anything we didn’t like.

Beautiful hotel. Comfortable rooms and gorgeous bathroom. Upgraded on arrival by hotel. Central location.

I didn't like that I paid cash but they already have...
    • Classic Room with 1 Queen bed

I didn't like that I paid cash but they already have taken money from my credit card and they did not refund it.

Friendly helpful staff

Friendly helpful staff

Very nice hotel and great location, expensive compared to the hotel in the same location

Room price

Good

Location Service Staff Breakfast

• 2 Adjacent Rooms

All

Extraordinary service
    • Deluxe King Suite

Clean Nice staff Luxuries room decoration Comfort bed Near most attractive areas

really small rooms even suits
    • Junior Suite with 1 King-Size Bed

really small rooms even suits old fashioned cleaning and room service are poor bad value for money

Browse Sofitel Paris Baltimore Tour Eiffel traveller photo gallery