Reviews of Hôtel Balzac 5 stars

6 rue Balzac, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France

#577 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

• Family Room

I didnt like how the staff were acting with us so rude and they are not helpful even the concierge stuff didnt help us with our bags we took our bags in the check in and check out the i will never come back to this hotel

Being able to make coffee in our room and having an iron would be good.

The location in the glamorous 8th arrondissment was perfect overlooking the Tour Eiffel and Paris roof tops. The concierges and staff looked after all our needs very well. The breakfast was excellent and we will certainly stay here again.

Didn't appreciate the checking process when one lady kept asking that I pay a 2nd room under the name of my sister in law. They couldn't free the room before 2 o clock so that extra service wasnt available, just coming from Lisbon where they accommodated me at 11 Am. In addition TV wasnt working, Air conditioning badly. There is no lobby per se.

They take a photocopy of your credit card and passport, which I happened to spot at checkout and I requested they return it to me to destroy. I asked what normally happens to them and they said they are "archived" which was a little concerning, but I would like to assume they have a process in place for this.

The staff were excellent, very eager to help and our room was spectacular with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The location could not have been better, a few seconds from the Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. I would happily stay at Hotel Balzac again on my next stay in Paris.

Oh my god, the facilities were horrible. We were locked in our room, and couldn't get out unless someone from outside opened our door. 6 water bottles (75cl) cost 48 EUROS. BREAKFAST SUCKS. I can get a croissant for a god damn euro at Champs Elysee, but this costs 38 euros. A 6 pack of 1 litre bottles cost 2 euros at Carrefour. But 6 water bottles that are 75cl, cost 48. It is crazy, water is a human right and there was no such thing as complimentary water. No such thing as coffee or tea makers. This woman in reception wanted to leave the hotel cause it was that bad, and they wouldn't dare give her a refund. The pictures are DECEIVING people. Go to any other hotel, this is way too overrated. Plus, if you think you'll have the Eiffel tower as your view, pay 500 euros upfront boo!

Literally, just the staff and the location. THATS IT.

as all hotels in paris it is overpriced, very small room, no hair conditioner which is for me unacceptable in 5 start hotel.. breakfast for 36 eur, no one told us it is not included and as well it was totally not worth it

the hotel has a great location, and is very "paris" beautiful, the personal is nice, the bed was very comfortable

We didn't eat anything there - and certainly not from the fridge (small jar of nuts 8 euros.....??)

Lovely location just near Arc de Triumphe The hotel is what it says - a very traditionally furnished hotel with jacquard bedspreads and curtains and quite a lot of gilt on the furniture in reception! Heated loo seats an added bonus but the whole system of bum-washing and drying unnecessary for me! The staff were very helpful and friendly

Assigned the wrong room on arrival. When I asked to change rooms I was told “not until the morning”. The. It seems another room had already been prepared with welcome letter and macaroons etc, which we we allowed to move to at almost 1am. Breakfast staff inconsistent. On one morning they worked effectively, attending to the guests as they came for breakfast, but on the remaining four mornings they were slow and at times ignorant. The basics of even being offered coffee were lacking. The rooms were comfortable, however in need of maintenance. Our first room was extremely dirty with stains in the carpet, while the toilet seat and lid came clean off when lifting. Our second room was much better, but still the stains in the carpet were evident. On condition and service, this hotel fell way below my expectations of a 5 star hotel in Paris.

Location excellent. Literally a 30sec wall and you’re on the champs elysees.

staffs in receptions are not that professional, checking out process always makes something wrong in invoice (name, gender and company name/address)--wasting lots of time.

• Deluxe Double Room

Warmer temperatures in the bathroom, otherwise excellently equipped. The staff was very helpful, providing additional heating system.

Excellent location, few steps from the Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile and from Champs Elysees. Classical building and room decoration, direct view to Eiffel tour and Dome des Invalides (from Deluxe room).

It was pretty expensive for what the place offered. The instalations aren't well taken care of. Our shower door was broke. And the sink was clogged and never was fixed during our stay.

It was in a really touristic area. Near the metros and loads of shops. You can ask for a room with the Eiffel tower view for an extra 100 euros charge per night. The decor in the room was ver parisian, Louis XIV meets Marie Antoinet feel.

No aircon, the rooms were too hot for me, and you couldn't open the window for the noise and then too cold. They did offer me a fan but my booking had stated aircon and I wasn't happy with a noisy fans blowing hot air around the room. I wasn't sure if it was just my room not working or if it had centrally been turned off for Winter. The beds were very firm, and the pillows synthetic. I did ask for feather, but they were not very soft. These areas sadly outweighed the friendliness of the staff who tried very hard to solve the issues. Also my toilet seat was very loose and the carpets badly stained!

the staff were excellent and helpful. The second room I was moved to, had a nice view and they tried to accommodate my needs. The Concierge Michel was very friendly and helpful, along with his colleague. The recommended and booked a fabulous dinner for my first night. The hotel was small and friendly, in an excellent location, but not 5* comfort.

• Superior Single Room

I was not happy from my stay, i have done the booking through booking.com, a single stay room with twin bed (as mentioned in the Booking.com room description and the room picture in Booking.com). when i entered to the room i was shocked, very very small room (rooms in Paris is usually small but not as the one i have seen) with a single bed size (different than the pictures in Booking.com). i spoke to the reception immediately and they told me sorry it seems it is a mistake from Booking.com and we cant to anything for you, i have asked to leave the hotel and they told me you can leave but we will not return your money back!!!. i spoke to the manager next day morning and the answer was our twin bed is a single bed size!

I booked Hotel Balzac for the Eiffel Tower views. From the moment we checked in, I was convinced that everyone who works at Hotel Balzac is the friendliest person in France. The room was lush and comfortable with the view I'd been dreaming of. The hotel is incredibly central, within easy walking distance of the biggest Sephora in the whole wide Paris.

Facilities are bad . one staff working on reception taking a lot of time to process check in. No gym available. Breakfast very poor in quality and variance. Staff not friendly at all . I will not fancy to come back to this hotel any more.

Only location is good

Hotel is on the small side and so are the rooms, we found the general condition of the hotel ok but tired in places especially the bathroom which in our case was in need of some attention as the higher overhead shower head holder was broken and looked to have been that way for some while. This did not bother us at all as it took nothing away from the cheery service we received while there. We would most likely consider staying there again when we revisit Paris.

Location is excellent, all staff are very pleasant to deal with and most helpful.

The smell of cigarettes was so strong in the room, had to keep windows open day and night. No coffee or water kettle in the room.

Perfect location. Clean rooms. friendy staff. Amazing hospitality. Enjoyed my stay.

Waited an hour and 15 minutes after check in time (3pm) to be given our room keys. No apology or acknowledgment. (Was told our room would be ready 5 minutes past 3, didn't get in until 4.20. Rude reception mantook us to room and left abruptly as if he was sulking we had complained about the wait. Second day during our stay, the house keeping came to clean the room whilst we were out. Our make up remover, contact lenses and loofah towel had been thrown away. Still had product visibly left in. This obviously caused us a massive inconvenience as we were unable to remove make up or rinse our contact lenses. In the cloakroom, a visibly dirty wet towel (which we had not used, had grey marks) was left on a suede pair of Louboutins. Upon complaining in the reception, to the same man who had escorted us to our room, we didn't even receive an apology. No compensation for having to re buy the items that were disposed of. He made us feel very uncomfortable as if we were complaining for no reason. Finally on our third day, we summed up our stay to the lady upon check out. She called house keeping to try and track down our items, more than what the man had done the previous day. She also apologised profusely. Sad that our best experience with the staff was upon our departure.

We were given a complimentary upgrade which was a lovely surprise. The building itself was beautiful, slightly dated but I imagine that's the theme they're going for which suits the place. Great location in terms of being close to the Champs Elysee. Also dog friendly (which is a shame that we won't be back as we would have loved to have brought our dogs along).

stay could have been longer

the view from bedroom window,balcony Eiffel tower at night from bed close walking distance to arc de triumph.champs elises,shops,resturants

There was two plumping issues in the room and it wasn't fix or the room changed (Leak if the shower is used to the room + The standing shower doesn't work only the bath tub)

The location is awesome .. less than a minute to the champs elysees

Morning receptionist has no knowledge and manners for the level of this hotel Extremely slow check in/out procedures Elevator sometimes not working Expensive parking

Location Upgrade of the room thanks to the manager (compensation for late check in)

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

When booking with booking.com, there lack of perks and attention from hotels. For example if it is a special occasion, such as my parents 42nd anniversary, due to the terms with booking.com there is less attention given by the hotel. Luckily the manager was nice and extended their hospitality. However it was stretch at times and you lose the high touch experience with booking.com with the hotel.

The rooms were romantic, pretty with touch Parisienne lifestyle. Concerige were friendly and accommodating.

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

The bed + they are pushy every day to clean the room before. 3pm which is nonsense because am here for vacation !

The staff are friendly, BUT the bed is the worst ever , the hotel is good but needs reinventions.

Although I paid my accommodation at my booking by visa, the cashier insisted to pay it again at checkout . so far I could not get back my extra payment. They were aggressive and false claiming.

The room and corridor stank of cigarettes. The smell was being pumped in via the air con it would seem. Waking up to a choking smell of cigarettes was terrible.

Breakfast was far from value for money in a soul less room.

There was only one small issue with the room: there was no coffee machine which now comes standard with pretty much all 5 star hotels. Another small issue I faced was no help from the bellboy when putting furniture in to the taxi when leaving.

The location was excellent. It was off the Champs Elysees and a 5 minute walk from the Arc De Triomphe. The staff at the reception was extremely friendly and helpful. I was travelling with my pregnant wife and the reception staff did their best to ensure that she got the biggest room possible so that she would not feel claustrophobic and had space to walk around. The room had beautiful French furniture and the bathroom was great.

Not very close to the airport, so manage your time before getting there and very far from the city center

A good place to sleep over you have an early flight, clean rooms, friendly stuff, Macdonalds and a busstop just a few meters away

The staff is incredible and the location is everything. You're steps away from the literal heart of Paris. The area is very safe during the night as well. I had no issue walking from the Tower to the hotel after midnight. Ordered room service twice, food was excellent and portions were very large. My room had a nice view of the streets below and even though it wasn't a walk out balcony you could still sit on it a bit. The only issue I had were in some minor details. I had some issues with the room phone, one of my lights didn't work and the tub wouldn't fill. However I was out a majority of the day so I didn't really care. The other issue i had was room services letting a door slam repeatedly while cleaning the room next to mine at 9am. I actually had to get out of bed to tell them to stop so I could sleep, it promptly subsided. Taxi service is quick and easy and bike rentals are legit right outside of the hotel doors. Tons of restaurants near by. The bed will suck you in, tons of fluffy pillows and soft bedding.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Wanted breakfast in our room prior to departure, and staff neglected to collect the order that was hanging on the door handle, as per instructions. BUT, when we mentioned the oversight, breakfast was provided at no cost in the dining room, which was brilliant. Great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

-2nd day of check in we found a huge size of spider in the bathroom , we killed it but it was horrible. -during check in the lady on the a female receptionist was very rued with us, not smiling, antagonize us we do not know why!? and she gave us very smallest room with very small bed that could accommodate 2 persons not same what the size expected and reserved by us. -we called the a female duty manager next day inside the room and she saw the huge spider in the bathroom and we told her that we book a big room, then she immediately moved us to a spacious room with a side view.

-location -concierge was very helpful

Great Location, the hotel is very nice and chic. The staff is friendly and helpful. A slight renovation of the hotel would be welcome though, as it shows already some signs of fatigue. But nothing critical so far.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Superior Single Room

Booking website and in the description of the hotel, it was mentioned this is hotel is a Boutique though it is 5*. This is I think miss leading. Not much variety of the food during breakfast and not worth to the value I paid. The hotel is compacted with small corridors and small elevators. The temperature of the shower water was hot and couldn't go to lower temperature.

The staff were very helpful and found them do their best in making their customers happy.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The room had a smell, the Conceiage was very poor. The worst part was the ability to hear everything in the next door room- including what their entertainment choices were......need I say more!

Reception staff

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

I like the people who's working there especially (Dune and Stephen ) they are kind , helpful They are working from their heart I strongly recommend this beautiful hotel .

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

This is not a 5* hotel. It may have been in the past. The décor and feel of the hotel is dates, a classic hotel which has seen better days.

Good Location

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

I booked a superior double room, expecting a beautiful bed with a 'princess feel'as the images suggested, but was sorely disappointed. What I got in reality was two large single bed mattresses pushed together, which proceeded to slip apart through the night. This, along with other issues like broken door handles, broken shower dials and inattentive staff at breakfast, really ruined the entire experience, particularly as the hotel was very expensive and booked as an extravagant 40th birthday present, did not meet expectations.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Family Room

They don't provide coffee and tea like all hotels. Also, they gave me my request in the next day of my arrival. Moreover, I rent the room with a big sofa I cam make it as an extra bed but they lied. No sofa is available.

The location is good especially it is closed to Shamps Allysa

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The lobby was under construction when I arrived. I had to take the service elevator because the main elevator wasn't working. The next day it still wasn't fixed.

The location and view of my room

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Lift, it just exist one lift and so many times it didnt work thats why we used stairs. we were in 5th floor but it was good at least we had extra exercise after breakfast or dinner not so much important

Good location and kind staff and helpful. I am so happy I chosed there actually it was important for me that everything to be great because I wanted to propose my girlfriend and they arranged everything very lovely and romantic I do highly recommend this hotel those man who wants to propose in paris

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

maintenance work at the hotel. could not use the lift! we reserve a 30m2 square room and got a smaller one! the stay was shortened to one night!

strategic location: very close to champs elysees

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

All the faculty in the hotel are in a bad condition . I have spent one full day without a hot water nor a heater , I also witnessed a couple of time an issue with elevator . The manager was so cooperative and upgraded me to a junior suit , however the hotel need a major renovation and a regular maintenance

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

We only stayed one night!

The staff were all fabulous - in particular our Valet and the concierge who were both extremely helpful and always on hand to help. The hotel itself is beautiful and in an excellent location right of the Champs Ellyses and easy walking distance to the tower. Food in the area was excellent and the room service in the hotel was brilliant.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Awful breakfast and coffee , rooms where average and cramped , staff could be more friendly. Wifi is very slow, quicker to use my own 3G ,Would drop this a star.

Location and Patrick the concierge , who was amazing!!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Coming from Asia / ME the room space was comparitevely smaller but enough for a couple.

The staff was excellent. Always helpful and happy to make some great recommendations. The location is great and quite central.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

Breakfast expensive for what it is (just like any other hotel in Paris)

Great and comfortable bed, normal valet parking prices, friendly staff and superbe rooms

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

We did not like that when we checked in we mentioned that two years ago when we stayed there that we had problems with the a/c not cooling properly. Again we had problems and had to move our room at midnight only to have the cooling improved a small amount. We had to bring a fan into the room. (the hotel provided this)

We like the location of the hotel and the small size and beauty of the hotel.

N-a

everything

Food in hotel is delicious And concierge is the best very helpful

value for money ratio bot up-to-date

Everythig was perfect.

The cigarette smell and the shower

Breakfast was poor

friendly staff location and very quiet

• Family Room

Very comfortable beds, friendly staff and fantastic location.

Room smelt of smoke at times, room service food was terrible and sauce was out of date. Very overpriced hotel was dated

Close to good sights

the room is a bit too hot and the temperature control panel in the room does not work very well.

• Deluxe Double Room

No coffee machine Poor tv channels especially sports

Not as good as they make it seem.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Toilette, especially the shower which did wet the whole bathroom.

Breakfast is poor staff talking loudly in the breakfast area 90% staff are not french

A staff stole money from our safe box. A big amount of money.

It's magical

We loved everything!

The location was fantastic and the staff were absolutely amazing!!

Small rooms

Exquisite hotel, great staff and superb location.

Staff very rude and unhelpful No gym Breakfast poor

People smoke in the hotel inside the room, so it smells from cigarettes.

• Corner Suite

No heating

• Deluxe Double Room

perfect location and reasonaably priced hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

5 star hotel? Maybee somewhere in Africa..

Great location, very close to CE, easy access to main touristic spots.

I didn't like any of the hotel.

Poor breakfast buffet