Reviews of Banke Hôtel 5 stars

20 Rue La Fayette, 9th arr., 75009 Paris, France

#424 of 1,578 hotels in Paris

Good reception service, help to buy flowers for my wife birthday, provide shopping information actively. The door men are helpful and nice. The lobby is grand but cozy.

• Deluxe Double Room

Communication with room service was not possible. it sometimes needed 40 min for just a coffee to be served in my room. the room was cold probably because of a not closing window (that was the excuse) so they had to bring in a heater? in a 5* hotel? Also the room although beautifully decorated had no chair, no table, no desk so I had to do everything on my bed i.e. eating, working etc.

The bed was fantastic and the quality of the food good.

• Executive Double Room

No complimentary tea bags given. The restaurant a bit overpriced and they could not provide a club sandwich using whole wheat or multi grain bread.

The bed very comfy and the towels nice and soft.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing could’ve been any better

We loved the quirky style of the hotel and the friendliness of all the staff - they made us feel very welcoming. Thank you for the champagne 🍾 chocolates and flowers - honestly you made our wedding anniversary very special and memorable

The staff were extremely polite, friendly and knowledgable. Location excellent. Proper 5* boutique hotel experience. I'll definitely stay here again!

When I arrived they took my card for the duration of the stay. Upon checkout they never gave me back my card I only noticed this as I was on my way to the airport making it difficult to get home. Very poor service.

Was a beautiful hotel and nice rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room

Uncomfortable beds. cold and tasteless breakfast. No proper insulation in the rooms we could hear the wind outside through the firmly closed window, so i was freezing and we had to ask for a heater. they had an automatic scent sprayer in the halls and lobby that was too strong

friendly staff and a nice location

Very small room, small twin beds and uncomfortable, small toilet and separated from the bathroom, water bottle was given once only! They blocked a lot of money and charged me when I checked out instead of charging at the time of check in which was inconvenient

Friendly and helpful staff

• Deluxe Double Room

noise above room was a bit annoying

Double bed was two singles but apart from that the staff were great, the hotel was really nice and in a great location.

Bathroom a bit too large to be warm and comfortable and mirror lighting is poor

Warm breakfast is especially nice and the service and staff were very nice.

Customer service was horrible. Check- in was so bad. I was charged 55 Euro by taxi driver from closest railway station which was 5 minutes far a way from hotel. when I asked help of staff no one was willing to help me. And they advised me the cost was 10 to 50 Euro. I raised the issue to manager but he didn't care as well. They froze lots of money from my credit card on check-in I stayed at hotel 3 nights but 4 nights booking cost was frozen from my credit card which is quiet weird. Normally one night should be frozen and it took about more than 2 weeks that the money released to my account. I had to stay half an hour on the queue when I had a question from receptionist. All of the stuff was friendly and smile in the face and theory but action was so poor.

no tea facilities in the room, in single room no way to hang on anything long (coat, dresses) because the bottom of the in-built wardrobe is occupied by mini-bar, so literally no way to hang a dress. Suggestion - put at least a stand where your guests can hang on their coats and dresses.

The staff is extremely friendly, remember your needs, give good guidance, super attentive!!!

Staff was rude and unfriendly. Be ready to pay a deposit 150 euro per night (no matter if you are going to use or not). Heating was not working, just cold air. We have been moved to a different room (smaller and downgraded) with the same problem. Service is definitely not worth of 5 stars

Location is great, in the middle of everything

Small room, but a big bathroom. No chance to get fresh air inside the room via the windows. When in your room you could hear everything happening on the corridors, heard the elevator all the time, all night.

Good bed and very clean rooms.

Our room was very small and plain. There was mildew in the bathroom. There were no tea/coffee making facilities in our room, all we were given was water on arrival and nothing at all in our rooms on the other days we stayed there. The room was vastly overpriced, given how small and plain it was, and no breakfast included - we might just as well have stayed in a Travellodge for half the price. Breakfast was expensive and underwhelming- my poached eggs were swimming in water and the Parma ham was hard. Cocktails in the bar were €22 each, which is a ridiculous price, and they were unimaginative to boot. For a five star hotel, I was really unimpressed.

Staff were friendly and helpful, the lobby was beautiful.

Banke hotel was excellent. My boyfriend lost his wallet on our flight into Paris and the hotel and staff could not have been more accommodating. They were extremely helpful and always at hand if we needed them. The location was excellent, close to the louvre museum and within walking distance to all tourist attractions. The area the hotel is situated in felt extremely safe and the rooms were lovely.

Hotel ignored my preference (that I filled prior to arrival). I asked (checkbox) quite room and high floor. Instead I got a room right in front of the elevator - night was very load, heard all the people. Staff said - I could come over and they could replace the room - but I was busy whole night and then fall asleep, so I expected my preference be accounted, that's why I fill it in. size of the single room, especially the table inside - I had hard time fitting there with my laptop. One of the lights in the apartment was going off and on randomly.

staff is super friendly and polite, location is amazing, easy to check-in / check out, all the feedback I shared - they appreciated and promised to do better next time!

Banke is in a perfect location for discovering Paris. The staff are excellent - friendly, polite and happy to chat to excited tourists! Room was just perfect.

• Suite

Tried this place for the second time, was ok.. It's more a 4*, service really could be better. At times the Wifi wasn't great. Had glasses and champagne bucket left in the room for the whole stay, would have been nice to have this removed on the morning of day 2. The room could have been cleaned a little better. The bathroom door had something over it.. See picture. Other places just needed that "attention to detail". Mini bar fine, but small (the two bottles of water are missing, I drank both of those.) You could have coffee in the room, for an extra 4 euro per cup. I was offered lounge bar menu for a light lunch, once ordered, they came back to say, the kitchen had run out of pizza? The water I ordered didn't make it to the table and the ice for my drink took two reminders. It was not at all busy. (One coke was 9 euro.) The window in the room doesn't really open and the room was pretty warm, it was hard to get some cool air in. The bath is shoe-horned into the corner, next the shower, really didn't feel 5*. If you want to be in the 9th, its ok and will do the job..

Great location in the 9th, easy for Metro. The guys on the door are great and very knowledgeable.

The room was very small for price. The staff could have been more helpful about payment etc, I had to wait 10 days after leaving to be refunded £220 which they'd taken as a security deposit. Every time I asked about it I was getting a different answer about when it would be returned. They were originally saying it got taken off my bill, then said it would be the day I left I'd receive it, then 3 days after leaving I emailed as I still didn't have it and they said it can take up to a few weeks? Really tarnished my stay as never had this problem before.

The area was great for the hop on hop off city bus and was walkable to moulin rouge too. Hotel was lovely with a fab bar!

• Deluxe Double Room

Great hotel staff who manage to strike the difficult balance between leaving you alone in peace whilst still being attentive and amazingly helpful. Hotel is in a perfect location for lone travellers wanting to safely access on foot from one of the main central shopping areas. Unfortunately, Paris, like many other European cities, is now a changed city for walking around safely over the last few years but, if you need to pop out for food, groceries or shopping, the location of this hotel makes it a safe option, even at night.

• Suite

Food options at restaurant were a little challenging for vegetarians, or light eaters.

The hotel was in a quiet yet perfect location to almost everything. Quaint, lovely restaurants within blocks, Gallerie Lafayette for those that love to shop! Staff was fluent in virtually all languages, if you are a Gin lover, they have a 2 page menu and the bar tender creates special drinks with spices, fruits, herbs. De' longhi coffee machine in room, large and spacious, great amenities. I would highly recommend.

Nothing !.........

Everything !.................The Hotel was Wonderful, we lost everything stolen upon arrival in Paris, The Hotel staff could not do enough for us...........almost to the point where is was upsetting, I cant thank them enough, for making my wifes surprise trip better given the terrible circumstances of our arrival............"THANK YOU BANKE HOTEL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We cant wait to see you again. Anthony Fisher.

Super bed, shower, beautiful building and art. Perfect location for transport to airport, around city via metro or walking distance from many historical sites.

• Deluxe Double Room

no real help in making local travel arrangements or booking restaurants. For a five star hotel they lacked amenities that one expects.

excellent location....friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel was largely operating on semi open basis. It took 30 minutes to get a coffee. Place is very dark with little atmosphere in any of the public rooms. Breakfast virtually non existsnt. Should not take bookings if it cannot offer the 5star rating services advertised

Some of the bathroom tiles were loose and made sounds when u step on them

The warm and friendly front desk and porter service. They were helpful and patient in recommending and calling restaurants for us. Love the dramatic lobby entrance and the little touches of having iced water and candies for guests.

• Suite

room booked was junior suite and it had all the room we were hoping for. Bathroom shower was exceptional. Everyone who worked at hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful

Very Cold atmosphere, no warm welcome, empty lobby, almost no one at the bar, very quiet in every sense.... they need to inject some LIFE in the hotel

Good location, helpful staff, beautiful old style building and amazing lobby interior design

Single room position terrible. Asked to be moved - was told €40 PD, extra, Fitbit for €20. Moved great next morning no hot water. Finally hotel offers me a shower on the 1st floor ( I was on 4th floor). Check out I argued re bill finally I was able to get €20 credit Hotel is beautiful n 90% of the staff are amazing, few stuffy, and not caring. Door man bell boys, etc 100% fantastic, manager !?- I will be lodging complaints with head office

Position

Cold air from air conditioning duct blew directly to our face position in bed; hence, not comfortable while sleeping. We had to set the temperature such that the air conditioning system operated intermitently.

Clean rooms. Friendly staffs. Walking distance to major shopping area.

The staffs is very lazy, rude and bad. Bad experience for my Paris trip.

24 euro per person for a little varieties of breakfast is a rip off, worst the hotel charged the same amount of payment for my 8 years old son.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

nothing really although the bar and restaurant is a little pricey, but not excessively.

The building is amazing and the staff very friendly, helpful and attentive. It's in a perfect position to explore Paris as most of the Paris attractions are within reasonable walking distance and the hotel is 100m from the Metro station so others are only a train journey away. very clean very comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Service was great, it was a short stay but so relaxing, wouldn't even get out the room to visit Paris!!!!...and we decided to come back every year!

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast & Restaurant very expensive $$$$$$$$ Around the corner better restaurants for half of the price

Location and the reception Marian is excellent very professional she speaks English Spanish French very fluently very helpfully to resolve tours dinners and more

Standard room quite small. No seating area or coffe/tea making facilities. Weekend away with friends so didn't spend anytime in room. Wouldn't suit people looking to relax in room.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Tiny room. Booked superior double and there was nothing superior about it. Room was up in the attic, very tired, and in need of updating. Shower ran hot and cold. Wardrobe was into the eaves and couldn't use it without clothes dragging on floor. Wifi was super patchy. No iron / ironing board. For the price, there are countless better hotels in Paris, so I'd give this one a miss next time.

Good location.

The customer service was outstanding! When we had an issue it was dealt with instantly and so professionally. The manager and his colleagues went to extra lengths to ensure our stay was more than amazing.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Executive Double Room

That you only get four instant coffees and the rest are chargeable. They are not replenished by cleaners each day.

The beautiful entrance hall and the history of the building which the staff happily tell you about.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The rooms are surprisingly small and the gym has only a few pieces of equipment which disappointed my husband.

The Banke is a beautiful hotel and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The added extra are lovely (pick and mix sweets in reception etc) We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and were treated to champagne which was lovely. The rooms were immaculately cleaned every day as well as a daily turndown service. My husband and I were able to walk to all the major tourists sites from the hotel (though we did clock up a lot of miles!) We would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Executive Double Room

Better breakfast deal included with the accommodation.

The staff we're incredibly friendly & helpful. Loved the complimentary sweet & sour lollie jars & the best martini bars I have ever seen.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

The staff on the receiption is not professional enough for the number hotel's of stars. Blocked by mistake amount of another client on my credit card and even don't appologize for it.

The location is excellent and room-service/entrance staff are great.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Nice & Comfortable room and bed and the location is very strategies, near station and in shopping area Very convenience for solo traveler or with family The staff is very helpful and friendly

• Deluxe Double Room

Mini bar service needs improvement. On checking out, did not understand why they charged different rates for both rooms and on different dates adding up to slightly higher amount than the original price of 250 EUR per night per room with Booking.com

The lobby, the staff, the rooms, the ambiance!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Tea and coffee not included in price. 15 euros is a bit steep for a basic necessity. Water 8 Euro per bottle. We also dined at the restaurant for Christmas meal. Found the food mediocre and over priced. Actually we both felt ill afterwards.

Location was very close to city centre and main metro lines

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Room was quite small and difficult to use facilities in it due to position of furniture .

Staff were wonderful and very helpful . Managed to get tickets to wonderful art exhibition we otherwise would not of heard about or been able to go to .

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Executive Double Room

Absolutely excellent from start to finish. We did three nights and couldn't have been happier. Great size rooms for Paris, great location. Just perfect.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The staff were so accommodating and helpful. The location is superb - right beside a metro into town and near a big shopping centre. Eileen & Fran

• Deluxe Double Room

A mini bar full, but had to pay a fair bit extra! Almost a tease it being full, I feel if you had to pay for them they shouldn't have been sat their waiting. Giving this was the first thing we were shown on entrance to our room, we thought they were complimentary.

Hotel was beautiful

• Executive Double Room

Food and drink very expensive. Had a club sandwich €25 - processed packet chicken, no egg and no bacon very poor. Also had two pornstar martinis €40 - normal city price but no champagne shot! Need to improve food.

Great location, fantastic lobby and nice rooms. Spacious, clean, nightly turn down service fantastic and staff knowledgable And helpful on how to get around and where to visit.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The room we had was very small and a bit of a disappointment after the stunning entrance of the hotel. This did not put us off returning here, but I think I would pay more to have a bigger room.

The location was great and the entrance and bar/restaurant in the hotel were stunning. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

5 star hotel?? This should be a bad joke!! When I arrived I had to ask the luggage boy to help us with out luggage and he had absolutely no reaction!! He was acting he he wouldn't hear me! I wanted to speak to the manager about this situation and the only thing he said was that he was sorry! The furniture in the our room was ruined and must have been 20 years old!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location near the opera

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Executive Double Room

Staff were welcoming and couldn't do enough for you, the beds are out of this world so comfy very very clean hotel loved every minute being there

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

All of the staff there were incredibly happy and helpful with everything, to the point of the doorman helping us find cool unknown bars and less touristy thing to visit. They were always happy to talk and find out more about you. Definitely recommend staying here, such a great location and great hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

i had a low ceiling in my room and only got one complimentary bottle of water for three days stay

the toiletries were of very nice quality and the bed was super comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Executive Double Room

The smell of sewage spread throughout the hotel, I would not recommend to stay until hotel solve this problem, Bath towels below five stars standard

Location is very good

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Executive Double Room

Nothing, it was a great hotel to spend our honeymoon in.

The location of the hotel was perfect, the staff where very welcoming and helpfull. The gin bar and restaurant was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

2 teas cost Eur 18.00 inc service which is slightly excessive. Breakfast not included in our rate but at EUR29 per person extra, we chose to eat out in one of the many nearby cafes. Rooms very small

Location was fantastic, bar and foyer area impressive, very welcoming

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Providing tea and coffee facilities, kettle...etc Replacing the dirty wine glasses every day with the other glasses

The location The reception personnel The size of the room comparing to Paris hotels

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

the rooms were very small even compared to Paris standard. We had to upgrade to a larger suite as staying in the small rooms would have been uncomfortable. breakfast was very expensive

The location of the property was excellent. it was walking distance to many attractions ie louvre,opera, gallerie Lafayette, gare du nord etc. There were several restaurants around the hotel. The staff were polite and generally the service was good

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The air con was set to automatic so the room was hot and cold at times but apart from that everything was spot on!

The room was lovely, clean towels and fluffy slippers, The White Company toiletries, sweets by the entrance, friendly staff, gorgeous decor, very central with easy access to all major attractions and landmarks and of course the safest district, even at 4am we walked from a restaurant to the hotel and it felt so safe. Can't wait to come back.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

When I arrived after check in, I found cleaning lady in my room fixing her clothes. That was weird.

Excellent location, nice breakfast, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Rooms are small, there should be a provision of free pickup nd drop from the nearest rail station atleast. Rooms did not have coffee arrangement. Excellent staff

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

We had problem with the wi-if but the manager fixed it instantly with a box in our room

Even with the breakfast not included, I chosed to pay it and it was wonderful. A lot is choices is fruits, fresh eggs and toasts. Perfect

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The rooms were small for the money

The staff was tremendously helpful and accomodating. They were responsive to every request and followed through with a smile and great attitude.

• Deluxe Double Room

Communal areas poor & decor unwelcoming.

Room very nice although air conditioning was temperamental.

Wi fi did not work for entire stay

Beutifull lobby, great location

Staff, location, good size rooms well presented.

• Suite

It has a different atmosphere and it is close to many shops and places of interest

Price

Service

Location, hospitality

Very friendly staff

Evrrything

Staff really professional- they make you feel really welcome Overall design of the hotel is great and rooms are very comfortable

Browse Banke Hôtel traveller photo gallery